Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5

#26 13/09/2014 at 02:00

Almost'Fashion
LalaUrbanista
Place: Las Vegas

I love how cats have different personalities! My Toph is rambunctious and independent, but still loves to be around and picked up by her mama.

My new kitten, Raphael, is a little lazy bones. He sleeps all day. And if he's not sleeping, he's eating. He'll only play with a laser pointer. Here he is. Got him last Friday.
Link to external image

#27 13/09/2014 at 08:45

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Oh my gosh he's so sweet! How old is he?

My cats love playing with a laser pen, it's so funny watching them crawl around the floor patting the light :-D

https://33.media.tumblr.com/cee28ba41702d31feec6f8b64c3644c2/tumblr_nsmxr21ROM1uocsx1o1_540.gif

#28 23/09/2014 at 19:24

Almost'Fashion
LalaUrbanista

It is funny! When it seems like they've caught it, I'll turn the light off and they'll look under their paws then look at me like, "Where'd it go?" It's So cute.

My Raphie has thing thing where he'll rub against my arm and then plop down on my laptop. He's so cute, but won't listen to me.

They are both 5 months, by the way. Born on the same day actually.

#29 28/09/2014 at 05:30

Fashion'SuperHero
LucyHeartfilia
Open gate of the golden bull! Taurus!
Place: at Fairy Tail Guild

This is one of my new cats, Tommy. I call him Tom Cat. My parents bought him when we moved to our new mountain farm house 2 months ago. We got him from a shelter along with Moon Stone. He's our outdoor barn cat that thinks he's a dog. But lately he's more independent and him and Moon Stone explore at night. https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3907/15375571492_b34a5bee77_m.jpg

Moon Stone is a free rescue. She was a stray and was at the shelter for 4 months. Many people do not like black cats, and my mom wanted her. So we got her for free because the shelter owner wanted her to be out of there and have a good home. She's the other barn cat. https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3918/15375870625_0db4de6178_m.jpg

This is my Kaylee boo. She used to be thin and her tail was longer than her body. But she's around 12 now and is a fat calico. My dad's nickname for her is Jiggles. All she does is sleep in the recliner. She has to jump on the dog food bowl holder in order to jump to the counter top where the cat food is. My poor fat cat. But she's my lazy baby. https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3882/15189295008_81592bc68b_m.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3897/15189136559_8d8b9ce08b_m.jpg

This is Crunchy, aka Señor Gato, Fluffy, Mr. Fluffykins. When we talk to him we give him a Spanish accent, kind of like the US Tidy Cats commercial cat that rolled around the laundry in the basket. He had a Spanish accent. He hates me. Has a girly meow. https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3882/15189368217_0a63f95780_m.jpg

Link to external image
Banner made by the awesome Esorium.

http://www.mycandylove.com/profil/varsityangelbhs

#30 29/09/2014 at 17:59

Fashion’Newbie

Aw~!! I died of cuteness~ ^///u///^ I really love cats, but since my mom doesn't like them, every attemp of me to have one has failed u///w///u And here is one advice a Veterinary gave me for feeding cats: No matter what they say, but cats and even dogs, should only eat dehydrated food. It comes in plastic bags and you only have to add some water so it grows up to have its original form. Dry food can hurt their gums, and they have to drink a lot afterwards because it gets their mouth dry and it can transform in a big deal. Food tin is just a very fatty food, it makes no good to them to eat it everyday,they health could break. Also, human food are not prepared for them, it hasn't the nutrients a cat or dog needs and it can end up eating their own poo.  I hope you like the advice, see you n///u///n

#31 04/10/2014 at 14:27

Fashion’Power
Kate
Tinne @ ma-bimbo
Place: Belgium

Aww all these cats are so cute!! :3 I have two cats myself.
I took these pictures a month ago. They're both 10 years old now, I adopted them when I was 8 years old. I wanted (and still want) a dog but my mom is afraid of dogs so she let me adopt two cats instead.
I got the cat on the second picture on the same day my first cat died, she was only three months old. :c

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3925/15130393992_5a60fc4491_z.jpg
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2921/14381015428_a886873e66_z.jpg

Last edited by Kate (04/10/2014 at 14:28)

#32 04/10/2014 at 18:40

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Aww, both of your cats are adorable! What are they called?

Sorry to hear about your first cat though

https://33.media.tumblr.com/cee28ba41702d31feec6f8b64c3644c2/tumblr_nsmxr21ROM1uocsx1o1_540.gif

#33 04/10/2014 at 21:19

Fashion’Power
Kate
Tinne @ ma-bimbo
Place: Belgium

Thank you! c: The first one is called Minou. The people from who I got the second cat called her 'Poesie' (poes is Dutch for cat). I didn't had a lot of inspiration so I called her Poesie too, but now I call her 'Pou'.
Thank you. I missed her a lot when I was young, but luckily I had two other awesome cats. They're already 10 years old now and haven't been sick once.

Last edited by Kate (04/10/2014 at 21:19)

#34 14/10/2014 at 22:39

Almost'Fashion
LalaUrbanista

Your cats are so adorable! And their names are cute too!

Lucy- Most of my cats I had growing up were black cats. My mother was under the assumption that black cats (domestic shorthairs) were hypoallergenic. We had Shadow, -who birth Target, Scruffy, and Ewok- Gary, and Grandpa.

I always wanted a calico cat, but one never came my way. I know now what it is like to have a lazy cat and he's not even a year old yet! Imagine when he is her age!

Kate- I'm sorry your cat passed. I've never had any die, but I have lost many cats. Though, giving away a cat can't compare to the death of a cat. I dread the day my babies die and hope it is no time soon.

But your cats are so cute, lounging around in the sun! My cats can't go outside. Streets are too busy and too much construction. Plus the NSPCA recommends cats stay indoors. I might get a leash though,... we'll see...

Lekichan- I've never heard this before. NSPCA told me dry food plus wet food because cats don't drink a lot of water and can get some sickness. And all the dehydrated food I've seen are snacks and whatnot. I'm gonna look into this, though.

Here are my babies getting along and glaring at me for waking them up.
Link to external imageLink to external image

#35 15/10/2014 at 01:03

Fashion'SuperHero
unnie
Keep Austin Weird

LalaUrbanista - They are too precious! Sleepy faces. /modules/forum/img/smilies/content3.gif

No kitty for me yet. There is one that I want so much, but I feel like if she gets adopted before I can get her my heart will just break. But I am prepared for that. Even though we have moved, we are not ready to get a cat. With the security deposit for a pet in my apartment and after the shelter fee it's going to be like $700 to bring a cat home, and moving alone has costed us a small fortune right now.

Link to external image
Made by the fabulous ChromeHearts, thank you!!

#36 16/10/2014 at 23:54

Almost'Fashion
LalaUrbanista

I know how that is. We're renting a house now that allows cats, but we lived in apartments for years and I was not paying a $300 deposit fee plus $50 per cat a month!

#37 05/11/2014 at 08:39

Fashion'SuperHero
unnie
Keep Austin Weird

My parents surprised me by paying the fees for my apartment so I could get a cat. I was so thankful they did it. My boyfriend and I adopted Sienna (I call her Princess Si-Si sometimes) on October 30th. She is almost six months old.

She is such a sweet and loving cat. She sleeps with me every night and is literally my shadow. However, her adoption files show that she has had a rough time since she was surrendered in August. She had two URIs and ring worm once... and now since we've brought her home she has developed another URI. It started early Monday, and now it's full blown. I can't* stand seeing her sick. So we are off to the vet first thing in the morning.

I have more pics of here, but here's two from our first day home when she was a happy, healthy little bugger.

Link to external image
Link to external image

Link to external image

#38 05/11/2014 at 17:14

Almost'Fashion
Katy-Keene
Full-time Mommy, Part-time artist. Cat lover. Video game groupie. Food junkie. Happily Married ♥

Awww congrats on your new fur baby! I love her name. She's beautiful  /modules/forum/img/smilies/bisou.gif

#39 05/11/2014 at 17:23

Fashion’Talker
JustSunny

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1921877_10151906853916901_1923236978_n.jpg?oh=13598f0c9805b6df1563b076e6b7db9b&oe=54DF0AA7&__gda__=1424260343_7bb21db92007606374b66f94565be500 This is my cat, his name is Special, no official age, I got him from the shelter. This picture was like 2 days when we got him home ^^.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10665186_10152227651736901_6125821972785753233_n.jpg?oh=87fda74606a645677b8caaf363125bf5&oe=54EA3762
Here he is on the bottom left, 5 months later, he has grown ^^. And the one on top is Baby (from my boyfriend) and under her is Nermal. Nermal (7years) is the father of Baby (4 years).

#40 05/11/2014 at 21:45

Fashion'SuperHero
unnie
Keep Austin Weird

Your kitties are so cute, JustSunny!! They look so cozy in the first pic.

Thanks, Katy-Keene. I'm so happy to have her. I just wish she wasn't so sicky right now.

So we took a little trip to the vet, and now she doesn't trust me. She has hid from me all day, and I had to attempt to move part of my couch and climb behind it to attempt to feed her medicine. Does anyone have any experience in "pilling" cats? I will appreciate ANY advice. I watched a video on youtube, but I can see her being really dramatic over it.

I tried putting the medicine her wet food... nope.
Then I crushed it up and mixed it around... nope.
I added a little broth from those kitty soup packets... nope.

Tomorrow or tonight if she doesn't eat it, I'm just going to start giving her the tablet and enlist my boyfriend to help with the ordeal. I really don't want to short her one of her doses because she won't eat the food I mixed it into though.

Update: WE GOT IT!!! We got the medicine down the hatch with a bit of a struggle. But nevertheless, it happened... and yes, it was a HUGE ordeal. Nobody got scratched or bitten, but poor kitty needs some rest now.

Last edited by unnie (06/11/2014 at 03:21)

Link to external image

#41 06/11/2014 at 05:41

Almost'Fashion
LalaUrbanista

Unnie, she is so cute! I hope she gets better and I can only imagine pilling my finicky babies. Though, I may have too. Have not taken him to the vet yet, but Raph has been sneezing and his nose has been running a lot lately. He doesn't want to be picked up anymore and he walks around meowing, for pets I assumed, but walks away when you try to pet him.
But, it might not be a URI because Toph spends a great deal of time close to him, grooming him, and whatnot and shows no signs of sickness.

JustSunny, your cats are just too cute! Curled up, peacefully sleeping. And I have a thing for Orange tabbies. Never could find one when I was adopting though.

#42 06/11/2014 at 15:30

Fashion’Talker
JustSunny

Thank you Unnie, great that your cat got the medicine /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png.

^^ LalaUrbanista, I love Orange tabbies too ^^.

Special has the same look in his eyes like Puss in Boots. And is always trying to play hide and seek behind the curtains, but he sucks at it. His butt always sticks out.
Since he gotten so big, my guy has given him a nickname, in Dutch it is Speknek in English something like Fat Neck. The worst part is, he is listening to it.

#43 07/11/2014 at 18:12

SortOf'Fashion
standbythebody
Feminism, wine, cats, games, art, literature and films are my joy

I live with my boyfriend and he has 3 cats but I consider myself their parent

This is Baby, she's the youngest one and she's such a little menace
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B124qm7CAAEvSm9.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsW5HT1IMAE49IV.jpg

This is Bear, he's the biggest sweetheart but he's been having a mean streak recently  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/hmm.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1Mt45uIQAE7kni.jpg

I haven't got many photos of Frank but he likes hiding in my bags and under my coats, he's the daddy cat
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwWnshsCMAEMFHc.jpg

#44 17/11/2014 at 21:35

Fashion’Plus
paulakiss101
Place: Fantasy Island

Just by chance found this topic - we recently got a kitten, we call her Lizzy and she is an adorable moggie. She just got her second jag at the weekend and I was like a mother with her baby cuddling her as she slept all day . Thankfully she is back to normal chasing imaginary mice around..
This is not the best picture but it's hard to capture her.

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/6/moy/4575.jpg

#45 03/12/2014 at 19:41

Almost'Fashion
LalaUrbanista

I really want to have, like, at least two more cat trees for my cats to claim, to reduce territorial aggression and whatnot, but cat trees are so dang expensive for no reason! I was just looking today... $85 for 3 steps covered in carpet. I saw another- made of a base board, a wooden pole, and a top shelf all covered in faux fur- NEARLY $100!

I may as well make my own for that kind of money, and have it have much more than one shelf and a pole!

Anyone know of any cat trees under $150 and has more than one shelf?

Edit: Oh my God, I'm going to scream! $99.95 for a carpet covered wooden box... ALMOST $100 FOR A WOODEN BOX!!!

Last edited by LalaUrbanista (03/12/2014 at 19:43)

#46 03/12/2014 at 23:57

Fashion'SuperHero
unnie
Keep Austin Weird

LalaUrbanista wrote

I really want to have, like, at least two more cat trees for my cats to claim, to reduce territorial aggression and whatnot, but cat trees are so dang expensive for no reason! I was just looking today... $85 for 3 steps covered in carpet. I saw another- made of a base board, a wooden pole, and a top shelf all covered in faux fur- NEARLY $100!

I may as well make my own for that kind of money, and have it have much more than one shelf and a pol
Anyone know of any cat trees under $150 and has more than one shelf?

Edit: Oh my God, I'm going to scream! $99.95 for a carpet covered wooden box... ALMOST $100 FOR A WOODEN BOX!!!

We are also in desperate need of a cat tree!! I feel you on the price. We've had Sienna for about a month, and right when she turned 6 months a few weeks ago she became really athletic. She has started to jump up onto our really tall counter (around 4.5 feet by getting up onto the dining room chairs. So far she has learned how to rip paper towels from the holder and drags them into the sink where she has made a nest several times.

So we are going to buy her some kind of kitty jungle gym this weekend and make it part of an "early" Christmas present. From what I've seen the ones large enough to satisfy her need to jump and be crazy is around $100 as well.

This is her "nest" she made in the sink.  /modules/forum/img/smilies/sourire.gif
Link to external image
In case anyone wonders, her eye is fine. She has had feline herpes probably since birth and the scarring is due to it. She has had the scar since before she arrived at the shelter. We work hard to prevent any outbreaks, but she did have one right when she came home to us. Her eyes are also naturally two different colors through which are so gorgeous.

Link to external image

#47 04/12/2014 at 11:29

Fashion’Talker
JustSunny

Unnie that is so adorable, but I bet also freaking annoying, every time you need a paper towel, or the sink.
Cat-poles are indeed crazy expensive.
But some are really gorgeous.

The internet is also full with amazing cat furniture, which is pretty, but not realistic for my wallet /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/tongue.png

#48 10/12/2014 at 21:19

Fashion'SuperHero
unnie
Keep Austin Weird

Awww, thanks Sunny!!

Ok, so I just deleted my entire post because it's now irrelevant! My cat was TERRIFIED of the christmas tree for an entire day, and I had asked if anyone had any experience with that because she was in pure terror anytime we tried to take her out of the bedroom.

However, kitty became friends with the tree last night and now the issue is exactly the opposite. Christmas tree has now become the newest and latest kitty condo. Can't win!  /modules/forum/img/smilies/fou rire.gif  /modules/forum/img/smilies/hein.gif

Link to external image

#49 12/12/2014 at 23:53

Almost'Fashion
LalaUrbanista

My cats keep picking at and jumping in the tree. Spray bottle does work, but I don't like doing. I've been trying "NO!", but I might need the spray. They are too enthralled with this tree.

Other news, my Raphael has taken to scratching and biting me awake to pay him some attention. *sigh* Little gremlin...

#50 13/12/2014 at 06:53

Fashion'SuperHero
unnie
Keep Austin Weird

Oh my goodness! You have your hands full LalaUrbanista!!
Maybe they will calm down a bit, has your tree been up long?

Sienna has calmed down a ton with the tree. The past two days she was putting the lights in her mouth and biting to the point where her whole mouth would light up inside her mouth. But she uses the decorations as punching balls. I have super cheapy decorations so the balls are plastic. Many have been dismantled from the tree and are now "chasey balls".

However, today she made me a really proud cat mommy by settling down. She has been laying under the tree with the occasional punching bag session on the ball decorations. She did chew my glittery snowflakes and I had to remove them all from the bottom. What was I thinking in the first place, hahaha.

Link to external image

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5