Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1

#1 07/06/2018 at 10:05

Almost'Fashion
maiyuku

So since there are some people who like to spend their spare time doing anything in order to have some fun,  others enjoy reading Books, novels, poems...etc. these are what are called book eaters. I actually made this topic because it seems that the forum is missing one, so why not making one for you people?

And OH! I almost forgot!  The rules:

/modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif No insults, No harsh words, No brutal words because.    its only about books...

/modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif No sensitive subjects.
   /modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif No spams, Ads, or asking for vote.
   /modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif enjoy  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

Last edited by maiyuku (07/06/2018 at 10:11)

#2 17/08/2018 at 09:26

Fashion’Newbie

Absolutely! I am a proud Book Eater /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png. What languages do guys read in?

#3 22/08/2018 at 05:55

Fashion’Newbie

I am a book eater.
I read in English and French (which is my first language).
What are your favorite genres and your favorite authors?

#4 28/08/2018 at 10:46

Fashion’Newbie

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hello fellow book eaters!

My favourite genre is thought-provoking. I might have just invented that hahaha. But I think I like fiction the most. It lets me wander off to a (very) distant universe.

My favourite author at the moment is definitely Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt. There is something about the way he writes that makes me devour his books!

What about you?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

#5 17/10/2018 at 21:26

Fashion’Newbie

i wounder i you have already read about " remebrance of thing past " it a frensh book traslated to English by scott Moncrieff the teacher advice us with it.  haave you ever read it ?

#6 19/11/2018 at 18:32

Almost'Fashion
Cassiopée
☠ I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger ☠
Place: If you don't see me, look no further, it's because I ain't there.

lilian987 wrote

i wounder i you have already read about " remebrance of thing past " it a frensh book traslated to English by scott Moncrieff the teacher advice us with it.  haave you ever read it ?

Hello ! Marcel Proust, isn't it ? I read it in French, quite long and difficult to read, because the sentences are looonnng with loads of tiny details ! But I enjoyed. Hope you'll like it too !

Oh, and, I'm kinda book eater too. I mostly read in French (I'm from France), and used to read in English (Bram Stoker's Dracula, Agatha Christie's Murder of the Orient Express, and a few other ones)
I'm now reading a book about the "positive mind", quite interesting !

Last edited by Cassiopée (19/11/2018 at 18:33)

https://i.goopics.net/p1eDP.png

#7 25/11/2018 at 05:01

Fashion’Talker
comawhite
Place: The clown nest

Hello everyone. I love reading. My favourite author is probably Stephen King /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png I am currently reading The Stand as I failed to get through it the first time I tried it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gwbsNcypLXWaQ/giphy.gif

#8 31/12/2019 at 20:12

Notso’Fashion
LadyLuna
Animal Lover!
Place: San Francisco

Definitely a book eater. My fav. writers are Marti Healy, Angie Sage, and  Jennifer Donnelly. Keep in mind that these are fantasy books. I also like original classics like Count of Monte Cristo or Old Yeller. /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/clein-d-oeil.gif

#9 16/02/2021 at 12:00

Fashion’Newbie

I love to read.
Just finished The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon. At first I thought it was boring me a bit but every time I walked away from it I could just not stop thinking about the story and the characters, it definitely stuck with me and made me excited to get back to it. 
  /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/amoureuse.gif

Last edited by paulag (19/02/2021 at 04:38)

#10 19/02/2021 at 15:43

Fashion’Newbie
Louise110

Hmm whoa so many book eaters..
Well I read lots of book mostly fantasy and thriller but also sometime prefers romance novel (for a change ) /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#11 19/02/2021 at 16:29

Notso’Fashion
Ihaa

Not really book eater but enjoying reading books now and then. Used to read a lot but school kind of cut the joy of reading ):

Mainly reading in Finnish and sometimes in English. My absolute favorite is adventure and plus is nowadays if it's dystopia!!

I have so many books that I have started to read but I still haven't finished (a bad habit of mine /: ) Main priorites are The Autumn Throne by Elizabeth Chadwick and Korsetti by Annamari Marttinen

#12 28/06/2021 at 00:07

Totally’Fashion
Glory to Ukraine!

One of my favorite bloggers recently wrote that according to research, rereading your favorite books, watching your favorite movies again and again etc. can reduce anxiety. Sounds like the truth to me.
Now, for example, I`m totally into 'Leave It to Psmith' by  Pelham Grenville Wodehouse, though can`t even say how many times I have read it already, but what I can do is - to recommend the works of this author to raise your spirits, and to see how true is the saying which is often repeated on the pages of these novels: 'Every cloud has a silver lining.`
At the same time, I've begun to read Julia Quinn`s Bridgerton series, thanks to (suddenly) negative review of Friendly Space Ninja on period drama made on the base of the books. I was convinced, that it would be kind of exciting (?) to form my own opinion about this hype product.

Pages : 1