Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2

#1 09/01/2019 at 13:33

Administrator

Hello ‘Nistas!

Many new things, surprises and changes are coming to LAF in 2019.
The original “Ma Bimbo” is over 12 years old, and this thanks to you! <3

However, unfortunately due to the decrease in site activity (all servers), new themes and items will no longer be presented on a weekly basis.
We’ll have more specific information about this change in March, after the Valentine’s Day event.

Nothing new this week… but we are excited to see you next Friday for a lovely historic theme!
/modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/gros-sourire.gif

In the meantime, you’ll be able to enjoy the start of the winter SALES with 30% off in all the shops!

Have a great day on LAF!

#2 09/01/2019 at 13:36

Totally’Fashion
lunalulu

That is sad news /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png

But thank you for the sale  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

http://www.auplod.com/u/auodlpb449b.png

#3 09/01/2019 at 16:47

Totally’Fashion
LostDoll
♥ Love Nikki ♥
Place: Never Far Away

I will be absolutely ok if we don't get new clothes weekly. However, I really hope that you keep the events and keep adding both event levels and regular levels.
I hope that you won't let the game die slowly by giving us the last new levels this March. You should even try the "money grabbing" techniques you use on the rest of your games before giving up. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png

Last edited by LostDoll (09/01/2019 at 16:49)

#4 09/01/2019 at 17:09

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

LostDoll wrote

I will be absolutely ok if we don't get new clothes weekly. However, I really hope that you keep the events and keep adding both event levels and regular levels.
I hope that you won't let the game die slowly by giving us the last new levels this March. You should even try the "money grabbing" techniques you use on the rest of your games before giving up. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png

I've given your comment to Admin. Thanks for posting.

https://i.imgur.com/lhvWJ85.png

#5 09/01/2019 at 20:13

Totally’Fashion
nuclearseasons
Place: /

Is it possible to put the game on the US app store? I would pay for FD if I could do it through Google Pay.

This is not possible as the game is only officially available in the UK.

I'm sorry.

~EmmyAna

#6 10/01/2019 at 01:10

Fashion’Newbie

LostDoll wrote

You should even try the "money grabbing" techniques you use on the rest of your games before giving up. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png

To be fair, if LaF ever became like SC, I wouldn't stick around. So maybe be a bit cautious about recommending them to look at their other games, I see far more satisfied people on here than SC/its American counterpart MCL.

#7 10/01/2019 at 02:50

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

LostDoll wrote

You should even try the "money grabbing" techniques you use on the rest of your games before giving up. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png

Be careful what you wish for...or what you attempt to curse us all with, and note that this is coming from someone who uses the game bank during trips and for some of the surprise chests. There are other (better, and less damaging) ways to increase game participation such as:

1) Allowing votes on new themes (this would actually tie in well with not releasing new themes on a weekly basis since players could have 2 weeks or more to vote on potential new themes)

2) Looking into partnerships with indie clothing designers or brands and putting versions of their clothes in Nines and/or as stars during various fashion weeks (this could be coupled with selling those same designers ad space on the site). This idea could also extend to up and coming musicians and having them appear as Stars while showing ads for their latest albums.

3) Holding multiple versions of the annual design contest including one for original designs, one for Frankenines creations, and one for mood boards to inspire a new theme which could include photos of clothes, celebs or places (this may be especially appealing for players like me who have limited drawing skills), and having this contest occur 3x a year.

4) Authorizing the moderators to open an official contest once a week with the prize being the winner having their image and username featured on the LAF social media pages. This will help ensure that there's always something for players to participate in on the site without having to give away FD.

5) Authorizing the moderators to open an official contest once a month with the prize being the top 3 winners receiving FD (1000FD for 1st place, 500FD for second place and 250FD for third place). This is less money that's normally received for such wins but the contests would be more frequent allowing for more participation.

I've passed your suggestions on to Admin. Thank you so much for posting.

~EmmyAna

#8 10/01/2019 at 04:00

SortOf'Fashion
Sakuramei
~ ❤ * ❤ * ❤ * ❤ * ❤ ~

Honestly, I think it's okay to not have tons of content weekly. Even just once a month and stuff is nice. It's nice they're keeping us updated.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/556b02045ceb408440409805175acd6d/tumblr_inline_pkba4o5Yyc1qfa2rp_1280.gif

#9 10/01/2019 at 05:50

Totally’Fashion
Sugababee

Dare wrote

LostDoll wrote

Be careful what you wish for...or what you attempt to curse us all with, and note that this is coming from someone who uses the game bank during trips and for some of the surprise chests. There are other (better, and less damaging) ways to increase game participation such as:

1) Allowing votes on new themes (this would actually tie in well with not releasing new themes on a weekly basis since players could have 2 weeks or more to vote on potential new themes)

2) Looking into partnerships with indie clothing designers or brands and putting versions of their clothes in Nines and/or as stars during various fashion weeks (this could be coupled with selling those same designers ad space on the site). This idea could also extend to up and coming musicians and having them appear as Stars while showing ads for their latest albums.

3) Holding multiple versions of the annual design contest including one for original designs, one for Frankenines creations, and one for mood boards to inspire a new theme which could include photos of clothes, celebs or places (this may be especially appealing for players like me who have limited drawing skills), and having this contest occur 3x a year.

Yes to #3. I have so many ideas for designs but I can't draw at all. I do great mood boards though!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Leebelle/sugababeesiggy_zpsyitpcgg4.jpg

#10 10/01/2019 at 08:58

Fashion’Newbie

Dare wrote

5) Authorizing the moderators to open an official contest once a month with the prize being the top 3 winners receiving FD (1000FD for 1st place, 500FD for second place and 250FD for third place). This is less money that's normally received for such wins but the contests would be more frequent allowing for more participation.

in italian version of this game we have a forum section where we weekly open contest to let all the girls try to win a "nice banner".
No money (FD) but only a banner that each girl can show in her profile description.

Whit this little contests (with very different themes) each one can show to all the others her style and her skills.
At the end of the contest, we usually open a new post where to vote for the 3 best girls.. so the girls choose the winners.

It's funny and we can see in that section of the forum a nice patecipation of the girls

Last edited by Matya (10/01/2019 at 09:15)

#11 10/01/2019 at 11:11

Fashion’Plus
DiamondValentino
"I would rather be happy than dignified."
Place: Romania

Really? So for those of us who are basically done with the game won't even  get to have new weekly clothes? You could at least implement individual shops where people can sell their original designs and make some coins.

I mean the website needs a serious rebranding. Like the front page, the header and the small tabs look so childish and old school. The fashionista profile also looks really bad, very messy. You should try making it look more sleek, more modern. Also I think new categories should be added in Nineland you know for backgrounds, extra limbs etc.  it's really very annoying when you want to use a background and lingerie at the same time... cause you can't.

And all that jazz...

#12 10/01/2019 at 11:21

EmmyAna

Please remember that Admin doesn't check the announcement threads, usually.
To make a suggestion, please create a post in the Guestbook section of the forum to ensure that your suggestion gets reviewed.

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/61/moy/48255.jpg
Thanks!

#13 10/01/2019 at 17:32

Notso’Fashion
Ladybugskiss

I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come.... Like.. NO MORE FASHIONISTA!?!?! /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/goutte.gif Seriously, I've been with this site since it was Miss Bimbo, and I'd hate to see it go under. I agree that it needs serious re-branding and re-working but I'd hope the creators would work on that before letting it slide into non-existence. /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/malheureuse.gif

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6a/c4/14/6ac4148461292ed6b141fbc46548332f.jpg

#14 10/01/2019 at 18:00

Totally’Fashion
nuclearseasons
Place: /

DiamondValentino wrote

Really? So for those of us who are basically done with the game won't even  get to have new weekly clothes? You could at least implement individual shops where people can sell their original designs and make some coins.

I mean the website needs a serious rebranding. Like the front page, the header and the small tabs look so childish and old school. The fashionista profile also looks really bad, very messy. You should try making it look more sleek, more modern. Also I think new categories should be added in Nineland you know for backgrounds, extra limbs etc.  it's really very annoying when you want to use a background and lingerie at the same time... cause you can't.

Seconded on the rebranding though I get that that's an expense that whoever's in charge probably doesn't want to pay. A small change I would recommend is updating the "Personalize Your Fashionista" page that new users see - the fashionista you make as a new user doesn't reflect well on the game. I only made an account because I played Miss Bimbo as a child and wanted to see the game again - if I hadn't had experience with the game, the registration page wouldn't have convinced me to start playing the game.

Please create a Suggestion post in the Guestbook section of the forum in order to have Admin review it.

Thanks,
~EmmyAna

#15 10/01/2019 at 18:40

EmmyAna

Ladybugskiss wrote

I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come.... Like.. NO MORE FASHIONISTA!?!?! /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/goutte.gif Seriously, I've been with this site since it was Miss Bimbo, and I'd hate to see it go under. I agree that it needs serious re-branding and re-working but I'd hope the creators would work on that before letting it slide into non-existence. /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/malheureuse.gif

This site was never Miss Bimbo. That's an entirely different company.

#16 11/01/2019 at 01:01

Notso’Fashion
Ladybugskiss

EmmyAna wrote

Ladybugskiss wrote

This site was never Miss Bimbo. That's an entirely different company.

Different company but, virtually the exact same game. That's what we all are trying to say. We love it, but it needs re-branding. It's aged with time and it shows.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6a/c4/14/6ac4148461292ed6b141fbc46548332f.jpg

#17 11/01/2019 at 01:09

EmmyAna

Ladybugskiss wrote

...We love it, but it needs re-branding. It's aged with time and it shows.

I've presented the suggestion to Admin. So let's keep hoping!

#18 11/01/2019 at 06:03

Fashion’Plus
Ellin
"Bubblegum Princess"

Ive kinda noticed the trend of decline and its very sad. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png However, I've also noticed just how competitive some other dress up games like Love Nikki are. I love LAF but Nikki is obsessive. I do think a rebranding is needed as well too. And I agree with most of the suggestions on this topic page too.

And since where doing ideas...

Spoiler Click to display

These are just ideas now. Number two is definitely out there right now. Number one and three seem more doable and I would love to do themed challenges.

Last edited by Ellin (11/01/2019 at 06:39)

*Wheezes in "Sicko Mode"*
Please message me for info on the Resource forum!

#19 11/01/2019 at 16:20

Almost'Fashion
FashonistaAnastashia
Love Fashionista game
Place: Fashionista City

This is too sad I don't wanna see my favorite game die... I hate otome games like sweet crush...(sorry) this is my only favorite entertiment on internet games. Much of us have a lot of ideas to improve the game and I see comments here with I completly agree. It is ok if we don't have wekly updates but instead of we hope they will be better than ever...
Hope the site never die...  /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/goutte.gif

Last edited by FashonistaAnastashia (11/01/2019 at 16:21)

#20 11/01/2019 at 21:20

Almost'Fashion
AmbeeFox
Dun dun dun
Place: Florida

Aw I hope this isn't going to die a slow death! It seems that a lot of beloved 'doll/avi' based games are dying out with less user traffic etc /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png maybe the game is need of a make over, updated doll base etc.? Maybe consider actually using more of the user created designs..it seems that maybe something like that might help boost user usage or something.

I don't know..Weekly updates are kinda fun to look forward to at the end of each of week, but maybe every other week wouldn't be too bad /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png I hope you don't discontinue trips and events. I really love Steampunk, Halloween and Christmas trips..although I could probably live without the Asian and African trips.

#21 11/01/2019 at 21:46

Fashion’Newbie

A lot of game sites which use flash have between this year & next year to decide if they want to update or close down after the adobe flash expires next year. I thought this game was safe because they hardly used flash on the game & the 2 aspects of the game that might have used flash (fashion show voting & the city) were updated last year. My guess is this game wants to use that as an excuse to slow things down because other similar games (with flash) are planning the same thing (so there would be no more competition between similar games) apart from the big one SD which has the most flash & will have the most updates. At least I respect this game for informing us about what will happen. There would always be a market for fashion games because there would always be girls who like dressing up, fashion & decorating their apartment. Hopefully there would be new similar games to replace the ones who decide to close down.

Contrary to what some have stated, I think this game has had a lot of improvements (graphically) since it started. I discovered Ma Bimbo years ago but I didn't like it till the dolls & items were graphically improved. They still have to make some improvements but if you look at pictures of the game from where it started till now, you would notice a great difference.

#22 12/01/2019 at 01:33

Fashion’Plus
Ellin
"Bubblegum Princess"

Tasselle wrote

Contrary to what some have stated, I think this game has had a lot of improvements (graphically) since it started. I discovered Ma Bimbo years ago but I didn't like it till the dolls & items were graphically improved. They still have to make some improvements but if you look at pictures of the game from where it started till now, you would notice a great difference.

Yes! I actually prefer the look of everything (dolls, clothing, etc) here then what it use to look like and even to Miss Bimbo. They've done a great job updating.   /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

*Wheezes in "Sicko Mode"*
Please message me for info on the Resource forum!

#23 14/01/2019 at 07:49

Fashion’Chatterbox
Meimei
"I'm Nobody – Who are you?"

Definitely a bummer about the decreased site traffic. I hope there's a way to drum up some interest.

I was wondering if you guys were going to run another user design contest this year? That was really fun, and I loved seeing everyone's creativity.

Maybe this sounds like a big request for a game that is slowing down, but instead of weekly updates, I think it would be nicer to see more travel locations added.

No matter the design plans from now on, I hope this site remains active. The interface of this game is so user-friendly, the designs are varied and well-drawn, and the community is so nice. The few other dress-up sites I've loved in the past have always shut down or resorted to only RNG gacha themes that cost real money just to use, let alone get the item you want. I consistently come back here, and I really hope I can continue to play for many years to come.  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/66/moy/52410.jpg

#24 14/01/2019 at 14:58

Fashion’Plus
paulakiss101
Place: Fantasy Island

Heartbroken, I do hope this doesn’t mean the game is going to wind down like

#25 14/01/2019 at 23:34

Fashion’Talker
Sapho
Place: Amore amore lieto disonore

I read the news on the French site first and my reaction was...to go visit LaF for the first time, and to join ! So at least I will have the chance to see what the game is like in English. ^^

https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14462/moy/11569068.jpg

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2