Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1

#1 23/03/2020 at 21:21

Totally’Fashion
Miss-B-Haven
Canuck in Oz

I hope it's alright to have an open conversation about this topic as it is impacting us all in some way.

My heart goes out to those that have lost a loved one, and all of the Doctors/nurses who are sacrificing so much to help.

Where are you from and how is this effecting you?

I live in Australia's tropics and we've just had our second confirmed case in town. Still going to work but they've just closed the state borders, so I'm wondering if we will all be told to stay home soon. Grocery stores are nearly empty and the line-up for Government support went down 2 streets yesterday.

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/20/moy/15724.jpg

#2 23/03/2020 at 22:06

EmmyAna

Before you post, please be sure you're following the rules. Thank you:

Sensitive Subjects Reminder

I'm in the U.S. Other than not being able to place orders for certain items because they're out of stock, not much has changed for my family. I only left home once in 2019 and that was just to accompany hubby to a doctor's appointment. Since hubby's father kept bringing colds/flu to him, I quarantined him long before C-19 began.

I was already disinfecting every item before it came into the house. As a matter of fact, today makes 40 days since hubby has had a fever.

I keep up with the news. I have been supporting and encouraging friends and family. Most of them are having a great deal of trouble living the way I've been living since 2018 and want tips. Well, that's if "OMG, HOW DO YOU LIVE LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME?!" is considered a request for tips. LOL

#3 24/03/2020 at 10:45

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Miss-B-Haven wrote

I hope it's alright to have an open conversation about this topic as it is impacting us all in some way.

My heart goes out to those that have lost a loved one, and all of the Doctors/nurses who are sacrificing so much to help.

Where are you from and how is this effecting you?

I live in Australia's tropics and we've just had our second confirmed case in town. Still going to work but they've just closed the state borders, so I'm wondering if we will all be told to stay home soon. Grocery stores are nearly empty and the line-up for Government support went down 2 streets yesterday.

Hi!

I was just in here to try and start this very conversation with this community /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

I hope you are all fine, and healthy, and practicing social distancing as much as you possibly can.

I also hope you're taking care of your mental health too, not watching the news too much & not giving in to the panic of this current state.

I'm from Croatia. Besides the COVID-19, we had a pretty powerful series of earthquakes yesterday (still trembling a little, but very lightly), and given this is not something common here, people gave in to panic further. Moving on, it started to snow today too, so it's been an eventful couple of days.

Luckily, the majority of the population is well: the fact we went into lockdown really prevented us from losing more lives to this quake.

Still, it's a time to be grateful to be alive, to have a place to sit and warm up to, to be able to still educate yourself from your own home, to be able to do the social distancing from a safe place, to be able to have someone to check up on (via phone, or skype, or whatever), to be able to read books, take time off, and remain safe.

Again, I hope you are all well and healthy <3

#4 24/03/2020 at 13:01

Totally’Fashion
LostDoll
♥ Love Nikki ♥
Place: Never Far Away

Bulgaria - schools closed long ago, it was a week after Italy made the news, even before Italy closed the schools. They close down schools during flu season alot here so it's not that unusual. Now they are studying online.

We have a national emergency since Friday 13 - pretty much the Malls closed then and there were some other small rules.

Since last Friday they've prohibited movement between the cities inside the country unless it's for work (although passing is super easy), parks and playgrounds are closed, only people over 60 can go grocery shopping between 8:30 and 10:30 in the morning, the rest of us can shop after that. There are cars with megaphones warning people in the roma ghetto to stay home and some drones who measure the temperature and scare people...

Up until last week I've been using public transport. In a day or two I'll be semi-working from home, I'd still have to work in person with couriers every day and go back to the office from time to time. And there's the added bonus of my boss expecting me to work outside work hours even more... so I'm not excited but it's safer I guess.

We have 200+ confirmed cases but they are much more because the testing situation isn't great. For all I know I can have it, I've been dry coughing for a few days now but you get tested only if you've been in contact with confirmed case, been abroad or in a very bad health condition. (I'm probability coughing just due to the dry air, though, same thing goes on every year.)

Scary times. I've actually been fallowing everything about the virus since early January so I'm not surprised about all that's happening, not that this makes it any easier. Here they tried the "it's just the flu" approach as well. There are so many people who are panicking right now or still in denial.

Last edited by LostDoll (24/03/2020 at 13:14)

#5 25/03/2020 at 13:03

Fashion’Chatterbox
Nicky
Im poor girl with big smile ^^ -> Im not so poor anymore, still with a big smile :D
Place: Country of the best chocolate

Hi, Im from Belgium (south east), here everything its close , just supermarket with food are open , drugstore are open also.
School close, some enterprise also close or home office work .
The first day of the event, in all country people were crazy to buy all pasta, rice and toilet paper . I thought few week before at news with Australia I thought that never come in my area . I never thought that people are so dumb here.

Now two week in containment , its better, people finally are correct, also very strict in supermarket , when you enter each caddie (shopping cart) = 1 person to pass. When you touch food in the market, you have to take it, respect each other the distance , the shelf of toilet paper are empty, just tissue paper and menstrual paper are but we can take one per person . Because of stupid people, we have to ration out.

Now its new controversy, because  we can go outside to take fresh air, but not in group, not far away from home, minimum 2 people. But in big city, they are many people in the park, they didnt respect the distance of 1m50 , when you run its 4 metter distance.

I'm living in small town, so habit to not see people in the street, so its ok. I go outside in my garden , I respect the distance with my neighbour with the garden /modules/forum/img/smilies/blebl.gif .

My province Luxemburg are not so affect of the covid19. The most people infected  are in Flanders and Hainaut Province . So im far of that.
But since last week one guy of my area died of covid19, so Its scary . We have few in my town they had the virus (in the retirement home) .
Im living with my dad , he is old 89, he is diabetic , Im so stress . . I try to not panic , but we are very cautious, he finally listen to me, he is stubborn .   I go only inside the supermarket , my dad wait in the car  .

Since early March I had cold and cough, but was about the  pollen allergy , coz inside Im ok, not outside. Generally I have pollen allergy in May-June, not so early this year . the climate/season change /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/mad.png I didnt sleep well because of that , since I know its not the bad virus, Im sleeping well.

Belgium are not the worst in Europe , but we are in need of Mask (a type for the surgeon specially, but they find alternative, coz if they have to wait of the government, they are doomed /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png   ) ,  a lot  was robbed also , so unfair .

Each day at 8 pm,  we applaud the doctors, nurses and caregivers on our balcony to encourage them .every Friday, the police and firefighters put on their siren, with the national anthem .

Hope my English its ok to read . Longtime I didnt write a long text ^^ . Im more habit to chat that writing a big text ^^.

/modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif Stay Safe where you are and be cautious with weak people  /modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif

Last edited by Nicky (25/03/2020 at 13:21)

Click to my pets will give more experience for them :

https://gothicat-world.com/simple.php?id=4606440&amp;dim=120 https://gothicat-world.com/simple.php?id=6290416&amp;dim=120&amp;rounded

#6 12/04/2020 at 10:46

Notso’Fashion
Ihaa

From Finland

Schools have been closed since the second half of March and studying is mainly online. Before this some schools and universities were teaching online, but in the March come official announcement to close schools. 1st-3rd graders have possibly go to school if their parents are in important job.

Uusimaa, the southest part of Finland where is also Helsinki, is closed from rest of the country. This become meme in Finnish Twitter and people were making references to different movies. Going to Uusimaa is permited only if you have important job.

Boarders with other countries have been closed. Is it encouraged to go outside to get fresh air. Important is remember to keep safe distances.

Situation of food and toilet papers is better now. When people started to get ready for possibly lock down, started also hoarding things. Toilet papers were gone. Now I think we have enough toilet paper in the bigger markets, but pasta shelf is empty and people are buying different types of pasta besides the basic one.
Ordering food from online is something that more people do.

#7 13/04/2020 at 15:18

Totally’Fashion
LostDoll
♥ Love Nikki ♥

We don't have food/toilet parer shortages even though people were stocking up. The only problem is finding some medicine (anything that has been suggested by someone to work against COVID-19). Also the lemon prices are more than double.

We had a hand sanitizer shortage for like 2 weeks but there are many producers here and they even lifted the ban of selling masks and  sanitizers to other countries (as long as it's in the EU). Now we have enough face masks as well - not the ffp3 ones - just cotton or surgical masks and it's not impossible to find ffp1/ffp2 although they are expensive.
Since yesterday wearing a mask outside and in public places is mandatory. The new cases are getting fewer, although according to the metrics we'll hit the peak in 1-2 weeks.

However, people are getting super relaxed about the situation now, there is the theory that the BCG vaccine that is mandatory here and in other less affected places helps with COVID-19. The weather is awesome so many people go outside and we have our Easter on the 19th so many will go to church and attend family gathering so this might end up badly.

The unemployment rate is skyrocketing though so this makes people even more frustrated with the measures.
I'm happy that my country reacted on time and since we are small, we are dependent on other countries about the economy anyway so there isn't much that can be done even without the restrictions.

#8 17/05/2020 at 07:36

Totally’Fashion
Miss-B-Haven
Canuck in Oz

Thanks for your responses everyone, they were much more interesting to read than the news. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

I hope you are all still staying well and safe ♥ (and stocked on toilet paper haha)

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/20/moy/15724.jpg

#9 11/07/2020 at 23:29

Fashion’Newbie
Valentine68

I'm from the U.S.A and the corona impacted me by disbanding my school and everyone was forced to stay home and do work(which we got behind cuz of problems with tests at home). All my siblings were also sent home to do work on computer which they were not used to and slacked off. They annoyed me during my work so I got more behind and still had to do daily chores and watch them too. Which was a struggle for me to focus and make sure they don't destroy the house. My mom was still working, which i was scared cuz she could get sick and bring it home. At first she didnt even take it serious, which had my germaphobe-self flipping out about. Eventually she listened to me and washed her hands when she came home and her job made it mandatory to wear a mask. We still not taking chances and not going out much even tho the stay home rule is lifted. I want to go to college and start my adult life but the corona has me scared to even want to do anything outside the house.

#10 10/08/2020 at 16:21

Notso’Fashion
Ihaa

Finland is opening schools again and I'm very skeptical. We got information to keep 1-2 meter distance which could be possibly with smaller classes. The problem for me lays in that basic curses you need to take part are over 30 persons. It is impossibly to keep safe distances there even if someone would manage to do it in hallways and other places inside school. I'm especially worried about this because it's something that really affects to me even thought I have only three courses in this period.

The masks have not been must haves, but now there has been talk about using masks with transport (especially in Helsinki) and especially in cities where is higher rate of patients. This is reason why people have started to buy more active masks and Prisma (large food store chain in Finland) have had restrain the amount you can buy. People are also in these a couple weeks (?) gone more active to test in case of corona. Queue is reported to be longer for this reason.

#11 28/08/2020 at 06:05

Fashion’Newbie
LizardQueen

Tbh, I haven't really been affected by COVID personally. I've had no issues wearing masks, although the summer heat has been making it unbearable.

Let them hate, so long as they fear me.

#12 22/12/2020 at 20:48

Fashion’Newbie

At this point, I have fully adapted to the “new normal”. Really the only thing that changed is my hair, and I work from home now.
Saving money on everything: gym membership, eating out, driving.
Got new hobby making daily planners.

Last edited by paulag (23/12/2020 at 18:53)

#13 24/03/2021 at 20:12

Totally’Fashion
LostDoll
♥ Love Nikki ♥

How's everyone doing? My mom's fully vaccinated now but my dad has had just the first dose and from that one vaccine that people don't like. We're one week away from elections and they want to vote even though things are super bad, biggest peak ever. I'm upset because I haven't seen them since November so that they'd be safe and they are risking it for this. I just wanted to rant, I guess.

I had Covid in December and I was among the lucky people who recover without the need to stay in a hospital and I don't have long Covid. It was still super strange though, stay safe everyone!

Last edited by LostDoll (24/03/2021 at 20:45)

#14 28/05/2021 at 18:56

Fashion’Newbie

I am fully vaccinated and hopefully will be able to make a few days holidays in two weeks. I still won´t go far, though. Oh, I don´t have the need to do so anymore. Clothing stores and restaurants have been closed for a long time. Now you can go inside with a test or vaccination certificate. But I don´t feel the need to buy new clothes now, I can go on with those which I already have. Though I needed a new haircut so I got my hair cut (with mask) about two weeks ago. I am very satisfied with it!

#15 11/07/2021 at 22:59

Totally’Fashion
Abba66
"I'm ice cold, baby, on an ocean of glitter" ___________________
Place: On your lips, Asbjorn ♥

Hello, I'm French so I'm part of citizens who had stict policies because the virus has spread really quickly all-over the country. Thanks God I never had Covid for the moment and I hope that it will continue. ^^

Personnally I wasn't disturbed by the lockdowns and the curfew quite the opposite I was very happy during the first lockdown, I felt really relaxed because I hadn't to rub shoulders anymore with people I don't like necessarily, I'm naturally home-loving, it leave me more time to watch my series or films I always would like to watch and also I've just failed my 1st semester exams so I wasn't in a very good mood. I also discover dating apps and videocalls with my friends (because they all live and study in diferent spaces in France) so I think I communicate more with people during the lockdown than usually because we all have more time to do this and we are less ashamed (particulary on dating apps) because we are behind a screen.

This year it was a little bit more complicated, not because of the virus or the policies...but especially because our university manage students badly. We were supposed to do an internship mandatory this summer but many businesses refuse to take interns, many touristics places or hotels were closed when we all apply for an internship (they juste opened one or two weeks ago), so the majority of students didn't found any internship. We ask to make the internship facultative or bonus mark but the university refused. I just found an internship put it was made at the last minute so I had to do my internship agreement very quickly be cause I started in one week (it was really stressful because it wasn't even my fault, I started to apply at the end of december 2020). Also during back to school in september it was a mess, schedules changed every week so students had problems with their specializations and we had to do our exams at the University whereas we were in virtual classes all year long.

https://46.media.tumblr.com/ac4f0287c563900a3122204f395e7789/tumblr_p6by1a4ZUP1ueg2m0o1_r1_400.gif

Pages : 1