Topic closed

Pages : 1

#1 26/08/2014 at 23:04

Fashion'SuperHero
Thalia
After all this time? ~Always.
Place: Sheldon's spot (don't tell him)

Hi everyone!

I'm Thalia - real name, Samuela (ouch!) - and I'm a romantic 19-year-old daydreamer and literature lover.
Wasn't it boring enough, I'm also attending law school (ouch!x2).

If I should briefly describe myself, I simply couldn't -
I love words and I'm one of those people with the why-should-I-use-one-word-when-I-can-use-50-instead syndrome.

I love not only words, but also idioms, and I'm always trying to learn new languages.
I currently speak English, German, Spanish and Italian (Latin doesn't count, does it?), and I started to learn Swedish, Japanese and Esperanto, but I really would like to learn French, Portuguese and Russian.

One thing you must know about me, I always try to improve myself on so many levels that is actually impossible to remember everything I set out to do. So, to be consistent with what I just said, if you speak any foreign language and you want to teach me, you know where to find me.

~ ~~~ ~

Talking about passions, I love:

~ Books - thrillers (Brown, Follett, Faletti) and more philosophical ones (Rosen, Popper), and literature in general (Sartre, Pirandello, Svevo, Orwell, Dumas, Márquez)

~ Movies - mostly action (Fast&Furious, Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen), science fiction (Marvel) and fantasy (Harry Potter)

~ Actors - Ryan Gosling, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Felton, James McAvoy, Matt Damon, Jake Gyllenhaal, Chris Evans, Eros Galbiati, Johnny Depp etc

~ Tv series - The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother (I'm madly in love with Sheldon and Barney)

~ Puzzles - I know it sounds stupid, but to me they are one of the joys of life

~ Torres - not footballers, just Fernando Torres, he's my one and only

~ La Roja - I don't care if Spain has made a poor figure during the World Cup, I love that team and I'm supporting it in any case

~ ~~~ ~

By the way, I may sound like Spanish, but I'm actually Italian and not really proud of it.

My dreams? Have a successful career, love and be loved.

I guess that's all you need to know about me.

If you notice that we have a lot in common, or you just want to say hello, don't hesitate to write me a private message, I am always happy to get to know new people, and maybe that message will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

#2 26/08/2014 at 23:52

Fashion’Newbie

Hi Thalia! ^^
I also really like literature, don't really have a favorite but ive read many! /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png
Nice to meet you! //handshake

#3 27/08/2014 at 00:57

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

Howdy, Thalia! ♥ Thanks for posting! Your intro was so interesting. I'm glad to be a part of the team with you. I think constantly improving yourself is something we should all do.

Gotta love a gal who posts in rainbow!
I used to be obsessed with it. LOL

https://i.imgur.com/lhvWJ85.png

#4 27/08/2014 at 03:14

Fashion’Newbie

Err... Thalia, we have a lot in common, it's actually kind of creepy!^^
That is my reaction to your comment:
"daydreamer and literature lover" > well, that's me!
"law school" > seriously?
"Latin doesn't count, does it?" > Dang! Didn't think anyone else could love this language
"Books" > Wow, someone with real taste!
"Tv series" > Ok I already knew about that. But I'm sorry we can't be both in love with Sheldon (he's mine /modules/forum/img/smilies/content4.gif)

#5 27/08/2014 at 03:41

Fashion'SuperHero
unnie
Keep Austin Weird

I think I told you this earlier today but your name is absolutely beautiful! I think it's awesome that you like to read Philosophy books... I was a Philosophy minor in university. I was once familiar with Popper, Rosen, and Sartre. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png But I preferred the ancient Greek paradoxes, and Plato's writings on Socrates. It was great to learn more about you! ♥

Last edited by unnie (27/08/2014 at 03:41)

Link to external image
Made by the fabulous ChromeHearts, thank you!!

#6 27/08/2014 at 09:48

Fashion'SuperHero
Thalia

LQueen > It's very nice to meet you too /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

EmmyAna > I used to love it too, but it soon became "always the same", so I ceased to do so, but yesterday I didn't know which color to choose, so I thought "hey, rainbow" /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

RosieTheRiveter > Really? That's hilarious! Well, now I want to know you better even more than before /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Unnie > I'm happy to know that you like my name: in Italy it's kind of a difficult name to live together with, 'cause it's quite rare and everybody always thinks I'm a dude (!)
Anyway, I'd have loved to study philosophy in university, but eventually I chose a faculty that assures me a good job in the future.
I like the Greeks too, they have always seemed very tender to me, maybe due to their empirical reasoning. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#7 27/08/2014 at 10:11

Fashion’Newbie

Nice to meet you Thalia! ^^ I also love literature and when I read that you have why-should-I-use-one-word-when-I-can-use-50-instead syndrome I thought: "Hey! That is me!" XD I really like lenguages (I can speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese and I'm learnign Japanese) science fiction, action and fantasy movies, too (Harry Potter *o*). But... just want to notice you that Johnny Deep is mine and only mine XD

Last edited by Serena3 (27/08/2014 at 10:12)

#8 27/08/2014 at 12:45

Fashion'SuperHero
Thalia

Serena3 > Nice to meet you too /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png We have so much in common!
I'm happy to leave you the Johnny-monopoly, to me he's handsome and talented but that's all, since Torres is my one and only. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

#9 27/08/2014 at 12:50

Fashion’Newbie

Another huge Sheldon Cooper fan here! /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png Nice to meet you.
You seem to be so busy! Best of luck with law school and I must agree with the rest here that your name is very pretty.

#10 27/08/2014 at 13:13

Fashion’Chatterbox
Nicky
Im poor girl with big smile ^^ -> Im not so poor anymore, still with a big smile :D
Place: Country of the best chocolate

wow impressive you so many language ^^
I have known the esperanto when I was child, I met a lot people in holiday from France, Poland , Russia speaking this language together ^^.
But now dont remember this language, coz not practicing .

Click to my pets will give more experience for them :

https://gothicat-world.com/simple.php?id=4606440&dim=120 https://gothicat-world.com/simple.php?id=6290416&dim=120&rounded

#11 27/08/2014 at 18:14

Fashion'SuperHero
Thalia

SallyJoan > Thank you! ♥ I believe the world is divided into 3 main groups: the ones who like Sheldon, the ones who don't know him at all, and the ones who don't understand him /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png
It's very nice to meet you!

Nicky > I started studying esperanto because I thought it would have been the language of the future, but I didn't have much time to practise lately, so I almost forgot everything..

#12 27/08/2014 at 19:26

Fashion’Girl
chrissyx101
Place: United States of America

Hello Thalia!
Lovely introduction, Nice you have learned so many languages.
I'm jealous, you live in Italy.I went for my high school senior trip, I fell in love with Italy. /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/amoureuse.gif

https://images3.imgbox.com/9e/11/56e842Ni_o.png

#13 27/08/2014 at 20:36

Fashion'SuperHero
Thalia

Chrissyx101 > Hi! I'm glad you liked the introduction /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png
You're definitely right, Italy is a beautiful place where to stay /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#14 27/08/2014 at 23:05

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

Link to external image

https://i.imgur.com/lhvWJ85.png

Topic closed

Pages : 1