Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1

#1 24/09/2015 at 17:16

Almost'Fashion
LadyWonders

CONTEST IS CLOSED, RESULTS ARE IN THE LAST POST

WELCOME BACK TO EPIC QUEST/vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

The only kind of quest you'll EVER need.

This week, we're going to twist things around a bit. Last time I asked you to make YOUR adventure YOUR way. But this time, you're going to make YOUR adventure MY way /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

ROUND FOUR

Fashion-Chic meets the leader of her enemies

Dare also meets the leader of the rebels, who explains the situation.

Chockolate encounters her village elder, who she must explain her actions and findings to.

Noliira finds A cryogenically preserved, still-living human scientist from the collapse of society

Have fun ^_^

Rules
Contest has 4 rounds. Each round is 48 hours.
Round one runs from 9/30 9/2
Hair and make-up will count
You will be judged on EVERYTHING
Banners will be awarded to winners and participants. There will be an individual award for the best story/written piece of each round.

Last edited by LadyWonders (02/10/2015 at 20:14)

#2 24/09/2015 at 19:24

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

So glad this contest has returned, and so quickly too /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Link to external image

Name: Korina Willis

Species: Human

Running. That's all I ever seemed to be doing. Always moving forward, quickly glancing over my shoulder to see if they were following. I always appeared to be a couple of steps ahead, but they were always coming.

I don't even know I ended up in this place. I remember seeing some Visinidi soldiers: in an attempt to escape I wasn't looking where I was going, but I guess I ran into 'a magic doorway' or something.

The next thing I know is I'm waking up here.

And I certainly know it wasn't a hangover.

I've been here for what appears to be two years now. It could be longer, it could be less. I don't know. It's hard to tell when there's no calendars. Just trees, trees and more trees. Oh wait, there is a river around here somewhere. How could I forget that...

I know what you're thinking: why don't you just leave if you don't like it. Yeah, I will when my legs grow another couple of metres, or when I've built my own helicopter. There is no way out. All around the edge of Byre is a drop, too large to jump across and too deep to abseil down. It's like a prison.

But at least I'm safe from Visinidi.

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (26/09/2015 at 18:13)

#3 25/09/2015 at 20:10

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

From a fantasy kingdom where humans are subservient to dragons

Name: Kitara

"Only he who wishes to be swallowed by fire ignores the way of the dragon. Only he who seeks to die disobeys the lords of this land."

There have been 9 burnings this week, that's more than all the burnings that took place last year or the year before.

"Stay inside." My mistress orders. She doesn't want me confused with one of the trouble makers. "The house of Tardis will not be involved." she puffs, a stream of smoke escaping her nostrils.

Even without her warnings I wouldn't have ventured out. The air is heavily scented with the smell of human flesh, heretics who dared to question our dragon rulers, and even though I know they were justly punished the putrid stink turns my stomach. I salute my mistress to let her know I was listening, to let her know that I remain loyal. Satisfied with my silent agreement she leaves me to my duties.

Alone once again in the hatchery I check each egg individually. These are the heirs to the house of Tardis and it is my job to ensure that the dragons inside of these shells are properly cared for before, and during, their arrival into the world. Using the special claw ring my mistress had fashioned for me, I tap out the secret birthing prayer, a series of beats I'm not even allowed to think outside of this room.Once that is done, each egg is rubbed in the ashes of it's mothers conception fire, and then polished until they shine.

Just as I finish polishing the last egg a terrible crash comes from the hallway...

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16552.jpg

Last edited by Dare (26/09/2015 at 15:16)

#4 26/09/2015 at 10:21

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate
Place: Riga

A castaway island that houses a strange tribe which appears to worship the stars
Name: Uttara Saeed    Her brother: Mikhail Saeed    Dog: Gani
Link to external imageLink to external image Link to external image

Spoiler Click to display

https://i.imgur.com/qWiSjUN.png

#5 26/09/2015 at 12:49

Fashion’Newbie

NAME Zero
AGE 38 years
OCUPATION surviving as a scavenger and backstabber
FAMILLY Dust – A brown raptor, the eldest of them all. Slime – A Venomous dino in a turquoise-ish colour.

http://i57.tinypic.com/244cg8z.jpg

Her story

Last edited by Noliira (26/09/2015 at 12:50)

#6 26/09/2015 at 16:35

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

DONE

Name: Prince Kaan of Geemoo
Race: Geemoogalaxian 
Looks: blue skin, looooong whiteish blue hair, covered in tattoos, human facial features
Traits: despises humankind and thinks of them as unworthy of the attention they're getting, public figure so keeps his appearance praiseworthy, proud

Name: Sarah McKinney
Race: Human
Traits:curious, pushes boundaries, would do anything for a scoop, likes attention

Link to external image

Name: Kiriya
Race: Geemoogalaxian
Traits: sarcastic, intelligent, calculated, acts nice and waits for an opportunity to stab you in the back

Link to external image

Story - edited after closure of R1, reasons explained in spoiler

Last edited by Tonkolina (27/09/2015 at 15:40)

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#7 27/09/2015 at 06:49

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

Link to external image
ROUND #1 IS CLOSED.

https://i.imgur.com/lhvWJ85.png

#8 27/09/2015 at 09:42

Almost'Fashion
LadyWonders

A massive thank you to EmmyAna for closing Round One!

Sorry guys that was completely my fault. I was meant to close it at nine o'clock last night but I noticed Axaressa hadn't posted hers yet so I wanted to give her a little more time. Then I got completely distracted by doing something for my blog and totally forgot D:

Please forgive me ~

P.S: Axaressa if you're reading this and you're still interested in being part of the competition, feel free to post your entry to the first round along with your entry for the second- just make sure it's clearly highlighted which is which /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

ANYWAY

I just want to have a word about scoring. I won't be using the XP rating, instead everything will be judged out of ten (and then at the end out of 40). I won't be showing the final scores until the end though /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

SO NOW IT'S ON TO ROUND TWO

For round two, I will give each of you an object for your characters to find. You will need to incorporate this into a written piece.

Example

So the objects are as follows:

Fashion-chic finds a map of the forest, including all its hidden traps and military bases.

Dare finds the body of one of her masters, potentially killed.

Chockolate finds A shooting star that lands on the island, it may or may not be sentient.

Noliira finds An abandoned laboratory where genetic experimentation took place

Tonkolina finds A spacecraft capable of making a voyage to Earth

Axaressa finds A sailing ship very close to the mermaid island, where it probably shouldn't be.

And finally, we have the best story of round one winner:

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16667.jpg

Congrats Dare, I really enjoyed your entry /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

I wonder who'll write the best for round two o.o

Last edited by LadyWonders (27/09/2015 at 09:42)

#9 27/09/2015 at 16:33

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Link to external imageLink to external image

One of the best things about living alone in Byre: privacy. I can do anything I want and nobody will ever know, or see, or care. I'm free to do whatever I choose.

At least, I thought I was.

I walk to the river every weekend - or at least what I judge to be the weekend - to wash myself. I only do it every week - I've grown used to the stench of my own sweat and like I said, there's no one else around to smell me.

I'd just climbed out of the water, taken all but my knickers and bra off to allow them to dry and was lying on the tangled grass. I think I must have dozed off for about half an hour; a noise in the bushes startled me.

To anybody else, this might have sounded like a small animal. But after years of running from Visinidi my ears are well trained to detect even the slightest of noise. And besides, I knew of every creature in the forest, and knew none made that noise.

Cautiously I sat up, holding my breath to make as little noise as possible. The rustling noise came closer and closer, louder and louder. I reached for my towel, ready to run from whatever was coming.

Closer and closer, louder and louder.

My eyes were at one with the bush.

Closer and closer, louder and louder.

Until a figure dressed in all black burst out. Our eyes locked. I ran.

I ran and ran and ran, and I could hear his heavy footsteps coming after me. How had they found me? I'd been hidden for so many years now and now I had to turn to life back on the run.

I'd recognised the figure immediately, or more specifically the company he was with. Visinidi. If you're going to try to grab someone, at least pick the logo of your jumper.

My heart was racing as I ran. I hoped I'd have the upperhand; I'd been running all my life where as I guessed this guy had had a couple of months training. Theoretically I was out of his reach.

Theoretically.

I could hear his footsteps getting lighter and lighter, as though he was falling further behind. Suddenly something grabbed my ankle, and I was swung upside down. I'd been caught in a snare. From between my dangling plaits I saw the figure getting closer. On the inside, I was as scared as a sinner of Judgement day. But I wasn't prepared to show this.

"Oh, I guess you thought I'd out run you, so you cheated and used a trap"I shouted towards the man.
He stopped and our eyes locked,
"Believe me, I didn't set this snare. Look at me, think I'd know how to"
"Oh right, so perhaps you'd be so kind as to let me free, then we could both go our separate ways and - "
"Like I said, I don't know how to." His voice was hoarse, tired sounding. Yet I detected a hint of desperation present.
"Look, I know who you are. And why you want me. So let's get it done quickly" I said flatly, trying to pretend I'd prepared myself for my fate.
"You don't know anything about me" He took something out of his pocket, a book, and turned instantly to a page.
"I know your name is Stork, although that's likely to be your code name"

"How did you know that?"

"It's labelled on the front cover of your book. Do you forget your name a lot then?"

Stork smiled, revealing his teeth - or lack of them
"Appears so"

The blood was starting to rush to my head now. A couple more minutes of hanging like a rabbit in a butcher's shop and I'd pass out. I needed to talk him into letting me down.
"So what's in the book?"
Stork sighed,
"It's a map of the forest. I just came to survey this area to check everything was correct when I stumbled across you"

Suddenly his radio crackled, followed by a deep, harsh voice calling Stork back to his station. Our eyes locked for the second time, before he said
"Nice body" It was only then did I realise that my towel had fallen to the ground, revealing me in only my underwear. But I had no time to worry about that - for Stork had thrown a knife in my direction.

I waited for the impact, instead it hit the rope, cutting through and causing me to come crashing down to the ground.

I looked up to where Stork had been standing ready to comment on how he'd said he didn't know about snares. But he'd gone.

All that was left was his map book.

I crawled over to it, red and yellow circles still swarming around my vision. I flicked through each of the pages, which all had a section of Byre on, until I came to the area I was in now. Sure enough, the snare was marked on the map.

I carried on looking through until I saw a building, located in the part of the forest I'd only visited when I'd been exploring upon arrival. I hadn't gone back - the soil was poor quality and there were few trees to take shelter under in rain. I studied the building until I figured out what it was.

Visinidi's head quarters.

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (27/09/2015 at 16:34)

#10 27/09/2015 at 22:26

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Protect the hatchery at all costs. Those are the words are on look in my head as the distant crashing continues. I secure the eggs in the communal next prepared to defend them with my life if I have to.

"Kitara! Kitara come at once." from the hall I hear my mistress bellowing my name.

I hesitate, afraid to leave the eggs behind, but equally afraid of the wrath of my mistress if she believes I'm being disobedient.

There have been 9 burnings this week...
The thought alone is enough to move my feet forward as I hastily pray I'm doing the right thing.

When I reach the hallway where my mistress is I can see that several portraits have fallen, or more likely violently snatched from the walls, and there's a gouge in the floor the length of my body. I salute my mistress and stand silently before her waiting for her to speak. I wait so long that when she finally does begin I'm sure that I must be hearing her incorrectly.

She informs me that I will be acting as her handmaiden that evening when she attends the festival of ashes. I'm so excited, so honored, that I dismiss the fact that the entire time she is speaking to me she seems to be looking over her shoulder.

It is well after moon set when my mistress and I return to the residence. My clothes smell of fire and musk...of power and while I want to bask in the scent I know that I can't, that I shouldn't. I need to get out of these clothes and into my uniform and that's exactly what I prepare myself to do but as I reach my chamber I literally can't cross the threshold because in the doorway is the still burning body of the only hatched heir to the house of Tardis...

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16700.jpg

#11 28/09/2015 at 20:43

Almost'Fashion
LadyWonders

ROUND TWO IS NOW OVER

A big congrats to the two people who actually posted their entries /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Unfortunately for the rest of you... You didn't quite hit the mark. I would be disappointed if it wasn't my fault in the first place- I did close my contest late on one of the days but I chose to keep my original timing (round two closes today rather than tomorrow) in order to get everything back up to date. I'm really sorry about that, it's thrown everything out /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

So everyone who missed round two could you pleeeaasee put your entry for it in your round three submission? Just put them under separate spoiler tags. Thank you so much /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Anyway, on to round three! For this round I'm going to give you another scenario that you have to write about. Scenarios are as follows:

Fashion-Chic comes across the headquarters of her enemies.

Dare finds the headquarters of a secret organization run by human rebels which aims to defy dragon rule.

Chockolate finds a diary from one of the original castaways left on the island.

Noliira discovers a way to genetically engineer different species based on the notes of the previous lab workers

Tonkolina finds her way to Earth

The banner for best story of Round Two will be posted tomorrow /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Thanks for your patience

(Just to reiterate, this is totally not your fault, it's mine. I'm so sorry ^-^')

Last edited by LadyWonders (28/09/2015 at 20:57)

#12 28/09/2015 at 21:11

Fashion’Newbie

round two

round three

Last edited by Noliira (30/09/2015 at 14:19)

#13 29/09/2015 at 06:10

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

"What have you done!" The words of my mistress are screamed from behind me, punctuated with sobs so violent that they shake the floor beneath me.

"I...uh..." I can't find the words to speak. Does she think I've done this? How? I was with her all night?

It takes me a moment to realize that she's not speaking to me, but rather to the burning body of her firstborn. So much of what she says is lost to me but I hear her clearly when she finally speaks my name.

"Kitara, the house of Tardis has been good to you. I have been good to you. And now I need you to prove your loyalty."

She then begins to speak to me in hushed tones, telling me of a group of people I must find, a group of rebels who threaten our very way of life.

There have been 9 burnings this week...surely that was enough to stop the rebels, I think.

"You sweet, naive child." she says softly, making me realize that I've spoken allowed.

I salute her and vow that I will do whatever is needed...

4 weeks later

I'm filthy and feel naked without my headdress and claw ring, But after 3 days of intensive questioning I have finally been accepted into the makeshift camp. Now all I have to do, as per the orders of my mistress, is burn it to the ground...

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16752.jpg

#14 29/09/2015 at 18:54

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate
Place: Riga

Round Two

Round Three

Last edited by Chockolate (29/09/2015 at 18:55)

https://i.imgur.com/qWiSjUN.png

#15 29/09/2015 at 22:14

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Link to external image

I studied the map all the time, until I'd memorised it off by heart. The paper was the only thing that gave me an advantage over Vinisidi; that and the fact that only one other person knew I was trapped in Vinisidi.

One day I plucked up the courage to go to the headquarters. I walked along, my legs like jelly until I came across the building.

A smokey grey tower loomed above me. Windows had bars across them, looking like they were to prevent people getting in but I knew it was to stop 'things' getting out.

The electric fence buzzed softly, a warning to all those who dared to enter. Not that there was anyone to enter (at least none that I knew of). A rabbit lay next to the wire, dead. I didn't even want to think of how it had suffered.

Yet my thoughts were interrupted. A cough came from behind me; I spun around and found a red-headed Vinisidi soldier watching at me, eyes gleaming. Sadly, it was not my 'friend' Stork.

He lunged towards me, hands ready to claw at my face. I tried to kick him off, but his heavy body pressed against mine. He slammed my head against the floor causing my to zoom in and out of consciousness.

I slid my hand into my pocket whilst biting this man's fingers. Before he knew what hit him, I spurred my knife into his chest. His eyes lulled back in his head whilst his body relaxed; dead. Harshly I shoved his body off of mine and sat up. Looking at him I felt do pity. I did what I had to do to survive.

It wasn't the first time I'd killed. It probably wouldn't have been the last.

All I thought about was the opportunity that his death had given me. Dragging the man into the bushes I stripped him of his clothes, replacing mine with them. Using the knife I cut off my hair, trying to make it look like the soldier's.

Taking a deep breath I kicked the body fully into the bushes, before following the pavement up to the headquarters front gates. Pulling the ID badges out of 'my' pocket, I showed it to the guard.

I held my breath.

He looked confused.

Alarm bells sounded...

#16 30/09/2015 at 18:04

Almost'Fashion
LadyWonders

ROUND THREE IS NOW DONE

Thank you guys so much for getting your entries in! I'm just going to go out on a whim and assume two participants are no longer participating- but for the rest of you thank you for being patient with me.

I am going to put a piece on Discussing Contests explaining about what exactly is going on, so check there later for an explanation

Anyway, it's on to Round Four now! Just follow the same formula again, I give the scenario and you write it:

Fashion-Chic meets the leader of her enemies

Dare also meets the leader of the rebels, who explains the situation.

Chockolate encounters her village elder, who she must explain her actions and findings to.

Noliira finds A cryogenically preserved, still-living human scientist from the collapse of society

And now here's the banners for Round Two and Round Three:

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16774.jpg

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16775.jpg

#17 30/09/2015 at 21:30

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Link to external image

...in my head. Was he going to let me through? Did I look enough like this man not to get caught?

The guard gave a slight nod of his head, before the electric gate buzzed open. Walking into the lion's den I smirked, they really need to tighten up on their security.

But that didn't matter now: all that did was the fact that I was inside. Inside the building where my nemesis worked. Doctor Sox.

Confidently I walked into the biggest building, working on the basis that Sox would be right at the top. Every time I passed a guard I flashed them the ID badge, praying they wouldn't stop to study it closely.

I stopped off along the way, searching cupboards for supplies until I found what I needed, what would come in handy if Sox 'didn't see my way'.

Like I said, wasn't the last time I was going to kill.

I reached the elevator; a quick scan of my ID allowed me to press the button to go up to the top floor. I couldn't believe that a place that was kept so secret was going to be so easy to break into.

About half way up the elevator door swept open. Standing before me was Stork, looking very confused. Soldiers were parading the corridor so before he could say anything I pulled him in

"Korina, what are you doing here?"
"Oh, you know, I just fancied a stroll"
Stork rolled his eyes, "You're here to see Doctor Sox, aren't you?"
I blushed and avoided eye contact. After all these years, was I really that easy to read?
"I should report you right here, right now..."
I quickly pulled my blade out, ready to use it if needs be, "But you're not going to, are you?" It was only then did I notice the bruises and scratches on his face. Stork caught me looking.
"You didn't think I accidentally dropped that map did you? Besides, you know all to well if you don't do what Doctor Sox wants"
But before our conversation could continue the doors opened once again. Stork stepped out, "Good luck." he whispered, as the doors shut.

But that got me thinking. Sox knew that Stork had given the map to me, Sox knew that I was coming. Suddenly it all clicked into place; he wanted me there.

At my destination the doors opened for the final time, revealing two guards waiting for me. They escorted me to Sox's office, onnly opening the doors for me when an
"Enter" was heard.

My legs started shaking. The last time I had seen this poison I had watched him kill my brothers and sisters simply so he could perfect his precious drug.

What did I care if he created the cure for cancer? Yeah, that would be great. But why did he have to test it on me and my family, pump them with chemicals until it grew too much on their small bodies. Why had he made me watch them die.

Well now it was time to watch him die.

My legs, before like jelly now strong as a calf, walked my body into this office. Although to be honest it was more like a test lab. That didn't surprise me.

"Hello Korina" The bald man turned to face me, his eyes small and sharp. He looked tired - no doubt from testing his precious drugs on new innocent children. His voice was deep and scratchy, one that used to read bedtime stories but had changed due to the man's developed insanity. It made me feel sick.

"Don't talk pleasantries with me. We're beyond that." I was being serious, but for some reason he chuckled, a manic laugh.
"I'm sure the saying's 'like mother like daughter', but I guess in our case it's more 'like father like daughter'"
"I AM NOTHING LIKE YOU! I WOULD NEVER MURDER MY CHILDREN FOR SCIENCE!" The anger bubbled inside of me. It had built and built for years, but now I was face to face with him it erupted like a volcano.

Me and him then shared a lot of angry words, which can't be repeated for the sake of younger readers.

"What are you here for Korina?"
"First, I want you to release all the 'test subjects' you're holding hostage. Then I want you to shut Vinisidi down and run, harder than you ever have done. Run to hell, and never return"
He smiled: "And why would I do that?"
"Because you want to live"
This made him laugh harder, but I wasn't playing. "GUARDS!"
Several guards ran into the room: I dodged them (okay, maybe I stabbed a few) and ran. Harder and faster than ever before.

I pulled the button out of my pocket. I knew if I pressed it I'd kill possibly hundreds of innocent people, who had all fallen victims of Vinisidi's experiments. But I had no time to save them: everyone in the building would be aware that I was on the run. I had no time.

Blowing the building up was my only option.

I pressed the destruct button (remember the 'supplies' I gathered before).

I had a minute to get out of the building before it would go up in flames. That was plenty of time.

As I flew down the stairs I ran into Stork. I thought he was going to stop me, but he let me passed. Then I stopped.

Stork wasn't like the others. He had showed me compassion, tried to help me out. I'd never felt this emotion before, but I was pretty sure it was love.

All I knew was I couldn't let him die.

For the second time that evening I grabbed Stork, pulling him down the stairs. I explained to him what I'd done, and even though he was shocked part of him looked impressed.

We made it outside with no difficulties: this was where I thought we'd run into trouble. But all of the guards were searching inside for me, so the coast was clear.

Stork opened the gate for us, and we made it out. An explosion from behind us knocked us to the ground. Screams sounded all around me; I pitied those that were innocent, but not those who had caused the suffering.

Still on my hands and knees tears leaked from my eyes. I was sick, over whelmed by what I had just achieved. Justice for my family. And yet the tears kept on falling.

"It's okay, it's over Korina. You don't have to run anymore" A smile spread across my face, through the tears.
"At least you would be, if I wasn't pointing this gun at you"
I turned and faced him, wide eyes in disbelief. Sure enough I was being held out gun point
"Stork, wh-what are you doing?" I managed to choke out
"Company rule I'm afraid. If a test subject ever escapes we must kill them - keep them quiet. We've been trying to do that for ages, and now I finally have that opportunity"

Before I could even speak a gun shot fired. I was unaware at first, but then I noticed part of my shirt had been dyed red. And then it hit me.

This is why I never trusted anyone

Korina entered a new prison that day. Unlike the terrible world she'd lived in, where she'd been tortured and constantly looked over her shoulder, now she was in a prison some called 'Paradise'. A place in which she was free to do whatever she felt, yet it was still classed as a prison as she couldn't leave.

She sat up in a white smokey place. At first she felt confused, but then four familiar faces appeared, all smiling at the sight of her. Korina smiled to.

They shared a loving embrace, before linking hands and walking off into the distance.

Perhaps now Korina could trust again...

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (01/10/2015 at 22:22)

#18 02/10/2015 at 06:33

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

It's been several months since I first arrived. I've been given new clothes, what food they could spare, clean water to drink and to bathe in, and a place to lay my head. I've also been tested greatly, and while these people smile at me they refuse to leave me alone, or to call me by my name.

"Kitara was the name they gave you." one of the other women, one they call Evana tells me.

"Kitara is my name." I tell her.

"Not here sister, here you're free, you can be called whatever you like."

"I would live to be called Kitara." I respond.

She smiles at me, but it's a smile of pity and not one of kindness.

Her burning is one I won't be sorry for. I think, but I immediately feel bad for it. I just need a few moments alone.

Another few weeks pass and I find myself summoned to a part of the base camp that was previously forbidden to me, a part of the camp that I've often wondered about. A trio of women and one large man escort me down a winding path without bothering to blindfold me, until we reach a clearing with a small building. They stop, so I stop as well, until the man nudges me forward.

"Go ahead sister." he urges.

For the first time since arriving I'm nervous but I try not to show it as I take quick steps toward the small structure. The door is already ajar but I knock anyway and I find myself greeted by a voice I know too well.

Seated next to a robed woman is the heir to the house of Tardis, his scales still show signs of where he was burned. I immediately salute to him, mentally preparing myself to be burned for failing his mother. What I am not prepared for is what comes next.

He begins to plead with me not to do as his mother bids.

"I know you could Kitara. More importantly I know you would."

He and the robed woman take turns talking, telling me of a time before my time when dragons and humans lived together and worked together, not as master and slave but as equals. He tells me how his mother played a key role in ending that, leading a war against the humans, and how the balance must be restored. The dragons were ancient but they needed the humans to survive and to thrive.

"We'd never make it on our own." he confided.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, or what I was asked to do next.

"The dragon lady of the house of Tardis trusts you. Tell her you completed your mission...and then complete one for us, destroy the eggs in the hatchery. The house of Tardis must fall..."

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16818.jpg

#19 02/10/2015 at 18:19

Fashion’Newbie

The injection Zero made herself was making the girl feel awfully sick, after, she wasn’t completely familiar with any science and the ones that mess with genetics were hardly the easiest ones to get started with. And now…it seemed that she had injected an increased mutagen in her blood, forcing her existing scales to change colour and her bust so slowly start covering itself with individual scales in a light, grey colour – much like her own natural skin. Too bad it couldn’t grow a new arm. ”thank you” she told Slime who was curled up next to her. The temperature made it clear what time it was, and now they were stranded inside this building until the rain outside stopped or….got in and drowned them. One way or the other, they had time to explore further and further.

Zero walked shakily, it seemed like not only the colour of the scales had changed their colour but also the bare genetics of it, making it hard to make the first steps. But Dust was always next to her to support the woman if she fell.

further….further

They walked and walked. It seemed awfully long and the building stretched deep into the underground. Many of the halls looked the same and it was impossible to say if they had been walking in circles or not. Not that they cared, they had months to spare at this point…but then Zero got sick, she began shaking and threw up. Don’t mess with chemicals you don’t know…she was learning it the hard way. She wanted to lie to the two dinos, but they were now supporting her and it was pointless telling them ‘I’m fine’ when her weight was fully relaying on them. The two creatures pulled her inside some random room, hoping to find a place where to lay her down, but instead they found another laboratory. This time, it was Slime whose uncalculated step turned on the generators in it and along that; awoke a man who was asleep for decades.

None of the 3 noticed, but behind a heavy glass wall a tank opened, a man stepped out and he looked a lot more lost than anyone else. He was shaky and barely stood on his feet, and after he saw that behind the glass wall there was a human hybrid and two dinosaurs, he rushed there. Naturally, Dust and Slime growled and refused to let him near Zero. The man was filth, he had no scales what so ever. ”human” Zero whispered ”yes, yes I am a human. You…you are” ”zero” was all she could manage out of herself before passing out. At this point, Dust and Slime didn’t protest the human coming closer to Zero, as they couldn’t help her on their own.

What happened in-between remains unknown, but Zero woke up. Her hair a mess, her bust and arms covered in scales and in a corner of a room, sat the scaleless man. ”we wanted to build a society, that was faster and stronger, smarter and could adapt…we brought dinosaurs back to life so we could merge us...and what happens, the world is in ruins” he looked at Zero, it was unclear if he had intended for her to hear it, but he didn’t seem to regret saying that. ”you made us…” she stood up, her face covered with a determined face ”to some extent…the ones we made, didn’t have so much scales, they were more human and carried lighter resemblance to dinosaurs; but you….you have evolved so much that in some time you might as well be dinosaurs””that’s what we want, we don’t want anything to do with the scale less breeds, it’s a shame” the words seemed to sadden the man. He was now useless and looked down upon on a world he helped to create.

”can you teach me your ways?” and she began doubting everything she knew. Did she want to help him? He helped her, he saved her…so she agreed, for nearly a month she explained him how the world now worked, until she realized that he didn’t want to fit in; he was documenting everything to control. And then came the day…

”Zero, you have helped me so much” Dust and Slime glanced sideways at the human who had began growing scales of his own due to experiments on himself, he had lost all of his hair in the process but had more scales than Zero now. ”I know…””smart lizard…then I guess you also know - ” but instead of words, came a *bang* that echoed through the halls. ”I saw your notes” she growled as she turned to face the man. She looked him in the eye and sent another bullet in his face. ”you just want to kill, control…that’s what humans are about, but we aren’t humans…”

Whatever the experiments first were, it didn’t matter. Even if they wanted to make a weapon, they made a society that respected nature. Humans had no place in it, because it wasn’t about the scales, it was about what was beneath the scales.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2m4u8wl.jpg

#20 02/10/2015 at 20:13

Almost'Fashion
LadyWonders

CONTEST IS CLOSED

Thanks guys for being so patient with everything /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Epic Quest will be returning soon (hopefully without any faults) around next week.

Now for the winners:

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16829.jpg

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16830.jpg

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16831.jpg

Now I DID say there would be banners for participants but somewhere along the line participation became a bit... Vague. So instead I made a joint banner to thank you all for putting up with my mistakes and bearing with me while I tried to sort everything out /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16832.jpg

Thanks everyone! I hope to see you next time /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Topic closed

Pages : 1