Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1

#1 27/09/2015 at 17:19

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

CONTEST CLOSED. RESULTS POSTED

This contest is based along the Hunger Games - if you have never heard/read/seen The Hunger Games before do not panic. You do not need any knowledge as everything you will need will be explained at the beginning of each round. But if you would like to, you can click HERE to read a summary. Writing is encouraged, but not necessary! /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png Hope you enjoy

Link to external image

Background
Panem is divided into twelve districts and the Capitol. Each year a male and female (aged between twelve and eighteen) are randomly selected from each district to take part in the Hunger Games - a televised competition where the twenty-four participants must fight one another. The games will end when there is one survivor.

Saturday 26th July 2243 - Day Of The Reaping

It's that day again. The day where the whole of your district must gather outside to see who's going to represent them in the Hunger Games.

You join the thousands of people in the street and look at the stage. Waiting to find out if it's your turn.

Your mayor walks onto the stage, over to the bowl in the center. In it contains the name of every twelve to eighteen year old in the district, some entered more than once.

He starts by pulling out the male's name. From the distance you hear a mother's cry as her twelve year old son is called out. A hand shoots up - the boys older brother has volunteered to take his place. The boy stands tall on the stage, trying to cover up his fear. But you see through his facade.

Now it's time to pull out a female's name. Your legs start to shake, your heart races as the mayor calls out the name

Task
It's up to you whether your name gets called out, or whether you volunteer to take someone else's place (like your sister's of you friend's). But you must end up on that stage to take part in The Hunger Games one way or another

So for this round, you must fill in this form below, and include your piece of writing if you so wish

Name: *Your character's name*
District Number: *See below for options. Any districts in red are not available, so please do not choose one that's red. However, please note it may take me a while to update so see what other Fashionistas have posted as theirs' too
Photo: *What your character's wearing on the day of the reaping*

District - Each one is known for something
* One - produce luxury items
* Two - known for masonry
* Three - produces technology

* Four - fishing industry
* Five - power/electricty
* Six - transportation industry

* Seven - lumber
* Eight - textiles/clothing

* Nine - grain

* Ten - livestock
* Eleven - agriculture
* Twelve - coal

District one and two train there children to fight from a young age, so if they are selected for the Hunger Games they feel honoured. They're good at fighting, so more often than not win, but anything's possible!

Rules
* Only one entry per Fashionista
* Four rounds, each round lasting forty eight hours
* This round closes 5/10/2015 at 17:15
* Stay with the same character throughout
* No eliminations

May the odds be ever in your favour!

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (05/10/2015 at 22:06)

#2 27/09/2015 at 19:29

Almost'Fashion
LadyWonders

Name: Anjah Capricorn
District Number: 8

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16689.jpg

Anjah's reaping

Last edited by LadyWonders (27/09/2015 at 19:31)

#3 27/09/2015 at 22:06

Almost'Fashion
Némesis
Place: En el país de la fantasía, cerca de nunca jamás

Name: Violet
District Number: two

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16699.jpg

A long awaited reaping

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/25/moy/19453.jpg

#4 28/09/2015 at 14:10

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate
Place: Riga

NAME: Lauren Acevedo
DISTRICT NUMBER: 10
PHOTO:
Link to external image

Spoiler Click to display

https://i.imgur.com/qWiSjUN.png

#5 28/09/2015 at 20:44

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Name: Moxi Silentstone
District Number: seven

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16734.jpg

Just three more years, three more years and I won't need to stand here; I won't need to do this, just three more years...

I know that this is how things are, that it's how things need to be, but every year since I've turned 12 I've prayed that it wouldn't be me. I didn't want it to be anyone else either, but it had to be someone right?

I listen as the first name is called, a boy named Neam Hardshire. I don't know him well but our little sisters play together. Next year they'll both be old enough for reaping day to affect them. In a way I suppose it already has. He strides up to the stage quickly, and I can't help but think of how it seems like he's rushing to his death.

Just three more years, three more years and I won't need to stand here; I won't need to do this, just three more years...

I hold my breath as the second name is pulled, time seems to slow as the paper is unfolded and read: Moxi Silentstone.

I walk to the stage as slowly as possible, looking in at the crowd around me knowing that this may be the last time I truly see any of them...

#6 28/09/2015 at 21:46

Fashion’Newbie

NAME  Shimma Silverbush
AGE 16
DISTRICT NUMBER #1
http://i58.tinypic.com/23w387c.jpg

Complaining about life was easy no matter where you were from, its just that the problems in each district were different. In district 1, you complained that you weren’t chose to be a tribute – something only other Career tribute districts would understand.  Many, if not all, who attended the academy to train as tributes would feel insulted if they weren’t chosen to ’volunteer’ as tributes. Shimma, was among those who felt insulted each year and she was indeed devastated. After every time that she wasn’t chosen, she’d get locked inside herself for a few weeks before she’d come back to training with double the force.

Now, Shimma stood among the rest to wait for the Reaping to begin. She was finally chosen as top of her class as a female and she knew that she had the rights to call out as a volunteer. In a way it always made her feel odd to know that districts like hers would train their tributes, but the Capitol let them get away with it, so why not use it? She really couldn’t see why someone would send a child who didn’t know how to take care of themselves into the arena; though she must admit, being a child of the luxurious district, she knew and cared little of how the rest lived.

Finally, when the people were asked if there were any volunteers, Shimma spoke up with a wide smile ”I volunteer!” and from the corner of her eye she could see some of the other students grinning. With her head up high she walked up to the stage, applause ringing all around and she called her name ”Shimma Silverbush” oh yes, the names of District one were always odd, but at least she wasn’t called ‘Silk’ or ‘Diamond’

Shimma stood, waiting to see the male tribute to call out, they knew each other, naturally, it was a given that the people who would be tributes knew each other simply because they trained in the same academy and knew who was chosen. The tall and masculine man walked up to the stage and stood next to Shimma ”I’ll try to kill you gently” he whispered just loud enough to have Shimma hear and the girl smirked ”assuming you can” bout of them were confident to be the last ones standing and the final battle would be a duel in which one would come out victorious...naturally, bout assume it would be themselves.

Last edited by Noliira (29/09/2015 at 07:10)

#7 29/09/2015 at 16:16

Notso’Fashion
Maliganska

Name: Marlene Maleficia
District Number: 3

Link to external image

As the mayor was getting to the podium, my heart thumped in the rhythm of his steps. Big, glass balls full of names were shining in the morning sun.

God, don't let it be me.

Hunger games wouldn't be anything new to me. I've inherited my mother's red hair and her grandmother's weird name. Everyone already thought I was a witch. Being cautious is a way of living.

Still... God, don't let it be me.

I hear a well-known story about the beginning of Hunger games. I hear a rumor when the mayor puts his hand in a reaping ball.

God, don't let it be me.

Suddenly, I hear my name. All eyes are directed at me. They look relieved. No harm if a witch's daughter dies, right?

I step up. My mother's whisper echo in my ears.
"Hold your head high, gorgeous. They will kill to see you fall..."

Last edited by Maliganska (29/09/2015 at 16:23)

#8 29/09/2015 at 17:26

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Round Two

It's been two days since the reaping; you've had to say goodbye to your friends and family, unsure as to whether you'll ever even see them again.

You've travelled to the Capitol and are in the Training Centre, ready to start your first session. What will you be good at? Are you better at the physical side, like shooting arrows or throwing spears, or will you be better at finding food and building shelter?

Task
Decide on two skills your character will be better at, and show me what she'd going to wear for her first training session. Don't forget you've got to be able to move easily in it!

For those who like to write, feel free to. Tell me what you think of the centre, who your biggest competition is (it can either be another Fashionista's character or made up) and how you're feeling generally.

Have fun!

#9 29/09/2015 at 22:01

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16762.jpg

As I walk into the first training session I worry that my heart is beating loudly enough that the whole room will be able to hear it. I don't want to be here, and despite the savage smiles on the faces of some of the other tributes as they display their skills, I don't believe that they really want to be here either. Who would actually want to be in this room?

I spot Neam, and debate smiling at him before I decide against it. Instead I watch intently as he builds a fire, something I have no idea how to do.

What I do know how to do is shoot a cross bow, a skill my mama started teaching me at 6 just in case. 'C'mon Moxi," she'd urge when she could tell I was getting frustrated, "Just a few more practice shots just in case."

She never had to say in case of what, I knew what she meant, and as much as I'd hated those lessons I was grateful for them now. I was also grateful that growing up in District 7 I was comfortable outdoors, and confident I'd be able to build a shelter.

I try not to focus on what the other tributes are doing. I don't want to think of all the ways they might have to kill me. Instead I focus on Neam between aims of the crossbow, not looking at him exactly, but trying to commit to memory the movements of his hands as he builds and rebuilds his fire.

#10 30/09/2015 at 14:32

Fashion’Newbie

http://i59.tinypic.com/ncywkl.jpg

SKILL Speed and aim.

Entering the training center felt odd; Shimma knew she had been trained for years for this and that most of the tributes from other districts had hardly ever held a weapon in their lives. Well, it wasn’t her fault, right? So even if she felt weird, its not like she felt sorry for them.

Her eyes ran quickly across the people in the center, she hadn’t tried making friends. It just wasn’t her style and she didn’t bother acting it up much; after all, she was district one. Acting like she cared for others and that she was actually pathetic and weak wouldn’t really flow with her or Bastion. Or other career districts as it was far too well known that they were here by choice. Something you couldn’t say about the rest of the tributes.

Keeping an eye on some, trying to pin-point what each of them was good at, Shimma made her way to Bastion. The other tribute from District number one. Unlike Shimma, he was a physical strength persona and could work well with many types of weapons. He was also the only one that she considered an enemy, as pride and over-confidence came naturally to her district. ”you really should wear makeup, otherwise its hard for me to recognize you” but Shimma just rolled her eyes as the man stretched from his exercise. Shimma was the fast, agile type. She counted on her speed and aim to be the things that would bring her victory. After all, you can’t kill what you can’t catch.

None the less, she was bothered by the idea she wouldn’t manage to get a weapon she liked or worked with, which in her case were preferably throwing items like small daggers, needles or shuriken. ”think we need friends from this bunch” ”easier to kill if they hang around us…”

Last edited by Noliira (01/10/2015 at 14:32)

#11 30/09/2015 at 17:34

Almost'Fashion
LadyWonders

Skills: Survival, blades (that I can't remember the name of /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png)

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16773.jpg

Training Day

Last edited by LadyWonders (30/09/2015 at 17:35)

#12 30/09/2015 at 20:19

Almost'Fashion
Némesis

Skills: wrestling and sword fighting.

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/21/moy/16777.jpg

Duel of pride

#13 01/10/2015 at 14:14

Notso’Fashion
Maliganska

Skill: Shooting with bow and arrow

Link to external image

Story comes later /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#14 01/10/2015 at 17:39

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Round Three

Link to external image

It's two days before you enter the areana. But before you can even think about that, you have your big interview with Caeser Flickerman. Every year you've watched it on the big screen in your district, and know what's expected of you.

First the tributes ride up to the theatre, in a golden chariot, each one wearing an outfit relating to their district.

They would then wait nervously backstage waiting for Caesar to call their name. They'd each spend three minutes answering his questions, before heading back to the Centre to wait for The Day.

You've seen it happen. Now it's happening to you.

Task
Wear an outfit that will make you stand out at your interview, but remember it must relate to your district (see second post if you can't remember). Example, you can choose a colour or include certain objects.

Then you must answer the following questions... How are you going to answer? Are you going for honesty, humour to win the crowd or act vulnerable so they pity you?

* How do you feel about entering the arena? 
* How do you feel about the male tribute from your district?
* Who've you left behind at home?
* What do you hope the arena is like?
* Have you got what it takes to win?

If you want to, you can write about how you felt riding in the carriage, if you enjoyed the night, other people's interviews blah blah blah. This is not necessary, but everyone must answer the above questions!

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (02/10/2015 at 18:51)

#15 02/10/2015 at 17:05

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

* How do you feel about entering the arena?
I'm nervous. I think anyone with any sense would be, after all only one of us is going to make it out alive

* How do you feel about the male tribute from your district?
I don't know him well, our sisters played together back home though.

* Who've you left behind at home?
My parents and little sister.

* What do you hope the arena is like?
Hopefully it's full of trees, at least then it'll feel like home (laughs).

* Have you got what it takes to win?
You're asking if I have what it takes to kill other people, including one whose family I had to face afterwards (pause) I don't know...we'll all find out together.

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16824.jpg

#16 02/10/2015 at 19:16

Almost'Fashion
LadyWonders

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16827.jpg

The interview

#17 02/10/2015 at 20:08

Fashion’Newbie

Link to external image

Shimma and Bastion were calm by nature, prideful and confident. That was just the way District 1 made you be. They were more or less pampered by parents since birth, so even if the luxury of the Capitol was stunning, it wasn’t impressive enough to catch either of them off guard or stun. They were bout dressed in semi-matching outfits. Black silk, scattered with diamonds and other gems – the pride of the district. Shimma’s shoes were entirely covered in jewels, while Bastion’s tie was finely embodied with them. Hair and outfits, makeup and every last touch was done. Now they stepped into their chariot and were on their way. They smiled, they held hands and demonstrated their ‘unity’ and confidence at once.

Once it was time for the interview, Bastion patted Shimma on the head, carefully to not mess her hair up, ”get those sponsors” and Shimma stepped on the stage. Initially, as always with Cesar, it was filled with small talk and jokes that the Capitol enjoyed, but eventually they got to the questions that mattered ”So, tell us, Shimma, how do you feel about entering the arena?” ”like I have a blind date” the crowd laughed ”I really don’t know what to expect or how to feel, nervous I suppose? Excited…mostly excited” This answer seemed far too fitting for her district ”do you think your friend feels the same?””Bastion?” she asked, only to see a nod from Cesar ”Yes, the male tribute, how do you feel about them?” Shimma smiled and glanced backstage, or at least towards that direction ”we have known each other for years, since we were children…its odd, knowing that only one of us can leave the arena…makes you wonder, can one even face his reflection in the mirror after the victory, if you had to kill your friend to get there” honestly, bout Bastion and Shimma were fine with murdering each other at the end; Shimma was just acting up to get some sympathy from the audience and gain some fans.

”seeing his family after his death, will be most frightening…emotionally, but what about your family? Who is back in District one, waiting for Shimma to come back?” the crowd went silent, curios to see what the girl said ”my parents, and hopefully…never mind” ”but you peeked our interest, do finish” ”I worked in perfumery, there is this one man, we broke up out of a simple and stupid argue just days before the reaping…I just, hope to see him again and tell him it was my fault” backstage, Bastion was holding back a laugh, he assumed that Shimma was lying; but in reality, she just was being honest with a bit of exaggeration. Nobody can be indifferent to a sappy lost love story.

The audience was clearly taken, at least a bit, by her words and Cesar smiled ”well, if you survive the arena, you are sure to get to him…any expectations on it? Any dreams, or nightmares, about how the Arena looks like?” and Shimma chuckled ”dangerous; but I hope it will be…pretty, I like beautiful things and if I am to die there, I’d prefer to die in a beautiful place and leave a pretty corps behind””you have quite the unusual sense of humour, young lady” And she just smiled slyly.

”and finally…do you think you have what it takes to win?” this was classic, asked every time ”I haven’t killed before, so I don’t know…I am confident that I will fight until the end no matter what, and that is as prepared as I can get” ”you scored an impressive 9, that makes you interesting” yes, she scored a 9…but she hoped for an 11; an 11 that Bastion had gotten. She could hope that they simply didn’t find speed impressive…”thank you, Shimma, for being with us tonight” ”thank you, Cesar, for having me” she smiled and left the stage after waving and blowing a kiss to the audience.

Backstage she was greeted by Bastion ”almost made me cry” he laughed before heading off to the stage ”go get them, Tiger” she muttered behind him as her Mentor brought her something to drink.

#18 03/10/2015 at 17:24

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Round Four

It is now time. You're standing on your platform, waiting to be lifted up into the arena.

You've had the last words on encourage from your mentor as you feel yourself rising upwards.

The light blinds you, as you open your eyes to reveal twenty three others standing before acres of land.

The siren sounds.

You run.

Task
Dress only in black, ready to go into the arena.

If you want you can write about what happens

#19 03/10/2015 at 18:59

Fashion’Newbie

http://i62.tinypic.com/28i2a02.jpg

Last edited by Noliira (04/10/2015 at 17:48)

#20 04/10/2015 at 04:42

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16928.jpg

#21 04/10/2015 at 23:57

Almost'Fashion
Némesis

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16968.jpg

#22 05/10/2015 at 15:06

Almost'Fashion
LadyWonders

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/22/moy/16978.jpg

No more words

#23 05/10/2015 at 22:05

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Contest Closed!

This was such a fun contest to host: I enjoyed not only seeing your outfits but also reading about your characters. A lot of you are truly amazing writers, and all of you dressed beautifully.

Thank you all so much for entering, I hoped you have enjoyed it as much as I have.

Before I reveal the results I would just like to explain something to you. Everyone was scored out of twenty for each round, however as there wasn't that many people I decided not to award banners for the top three for each round, as someone would be left out.

Round Winners

Chockolate - 18 points

Maliganska - 33 points

Nemesis - 52 points

Noliira - 62 points - Third

Dare - 66 points - Second

LadyWonders - 68 points - Winner!

So there we have it folks, the end of the Hunger Games.

Everyone will receive a banner in PM, regardless of how many rounds they entered, within the next few days.

Thanks again for entering, see you soon /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (05/10/2015 at 22:06)

Topic closed

Pages : 1