Topic closed

Pages : 1 2

#1 01/02/2016 at 16:00

Totally’Fashion
Jadis
Place: The Half-light

CONTEST CLOSED
Link to external image

It started as an absolutely lovely and relaxing cruise. You know, it's the 21st century, what can go wrong? As it turns out, a lot. For starters, no one counted on the captain of the cruise running aground, or the storm. Yes, ladies, you've just been shipwrecked....

Link to external imageWelcome to Shipwrecked..., my first multi-round contest on Like a Fashionista! Writing is entirely optional, but encouraged. The premise is simple: you've been shipwrecked on an unknown island, so try to survive until help comes. Nothing complicated, right?

Every round, you will all be give a task. I will then look at your entry and create an additional individual task for your character to take part in. In other words, your character's story will evolve according to what you do! It's entirely optional - if you choose to do your task, you'll get bonus points. If not, no bonus. At the end, all the points will be tallied up and the winner will be announced.

Link to external imageFOURTH ROUND
Had enough of the island yet? I daresay, you've probably discovered more than you'd like to have had in the first few moments... still. Finally. One day, you notice a plane in the sky, circling around. Your ticket out and off from here!

It's not going to be so easy, however - because just as you're heading out, there's the smell of something. Is that a forest fire? One more complication, but you're not about to let that stop you from escaping from this place, right? I mean, it's not like there isn't someone hunting you all and trying to stop you leave at the same time...

Right?

Not to mention, two more survivors have left you as well - OneHunnee fell victim to an extremely poisonous insect bite, dying moments within finding the radio tower, without being able to call for any more outside help; Tonkolina too died, pushed off the cliff where the lightouse was. Who was it? Well, it's about time to find out... and escape!

How did you escape? How did you outrun the person tracking and trying to hurt - or kill - you? And how are you going to celebrate when you get back home? For this round, I want to see your Fashionista after they escaped the island - the first thing they did, and how they coped in the aftermath.

Your individual round tasks are as follows:

ArtemisRose (Maya Colton): You've escaped the spear-man, whoever it is. You've found new clothes, which is a start. You've also managed to go toe-to-toe with the monkeys. Now, if you so wish, you can start hunting for whoever tried to kill you... they did leave quite a trail, after all. Notching marks into trees isn't really the easiest way to hide your tracks. If you follow them, you'll end up in a hut that looks to be recently abandoned, the ashes are still warm... and there's a rustling noise nearby, as though someone was stalking you as well. Inside the hut are supplies, but will you risk the person stalking you, given that you're in such an enclosed space? And will you manage to escape in time before you miss the plane?

Meizai (Meizai Ozin): One morning, you come to and realise - Gil is gone. Like, entirely gone. There's no sign of him in the hut, no signs of a struggle, just him having packed up... and left. And did I mention he took practically everything you two have found and scavenged over the time you spent together? If you head out, he's not there either, only a path trailing down and leading to the shoreline, with footprints and what looks like something being dragged along the way. Overhead, you can hear the plane buzzing - get out, get its attention, and leave the island with no time to waste!

Chockolate (Libby Graves): Whoever's stalking you seems to have gone in the morning, and there's still no time to waste. Not when people don't give up easily, and now that you have several locations to check out, you can go and keep an eye on those. Along the way, you find a well-appointed room, with all the amenities you can ask for - and the all important radio, which is connected, functioning, and actually works. This time around, you get through to someone who seems genuinely concerned, and promises to send help around. They give you co-ordinates after a bit, and if you can locate it, you can meet the plane there. If you have the map, that is... but before you can do that, you hear a "bzzt" and a click. In moments, you hear a robotic voice ring out and say that the facility is set to destruct in five minutes...

Camarilla (Meredith Finn): There's a rustling noise - and a spear flies past you this time around, missing you by inches once again. There's not really much time to be wary or suspicious of each other any more, but it's time to run. Well, you can run - whether or not you leave Indie behind is entirely up to you. No matter what happens though, she will be struck by a spear in the leg. She goes unconscious shortly afterwards, and now, whoever is chasing you has only one person in their sights - you. Get to the plane first, which has landed on the beach by this point, and hope that you won't get skewered first! Maybe if you turn around, you might catch a glimpse of who is hunting you...

Dare (Genevieve Callabasas): Someone's pulled you away from the chaos - from when all the screaming's begun. He's a strange man, rugged and has a bandage over one eye, a tattoo on his arm. He introduces himself simply as "Red", and that he's been tracking the group for a very long time - ever since they set upon him and tried to steal his supplies. They're wary because they did the same to him - and now he wants to help you both escape and rescue Marie, who's still with them. Again, it comes down to a question of trust... but if you do choose to go along, that night, you'll go back to the group and find that they're down to only two people, plus Marie. And it looks like they're about to attack her while she's out cold and unconscious... Get to her, and escape together! With or without Red, it's entirely up to you.

Once again, these tasks are entirely optional - you are free to include them in your round. Questions, as always, please PM me!

Link to external imageRules:
♦ Follow all forum rules.
♦ There are a total of 4 rounds, and each round lasts 48 hours
♦ One entry per person, and please stay with the same character throughout.
♦ No eliminations
♦ Banners will be awarded to all those who make it to the end of the contest.

As always, have fun!

Last edited by Jadis (10/02/2016 at 08:05)

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/92/6c4aduaD_o.png

#2 01/02/2016 at 16:01

Totally’Fashion
Jadis

PAST ROUNDS

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Last edited by Jadis (10/02/2016 at 08:51)

#3 01/02/2016 at 23:44

Fashion’Newbie
ArtemisRose

Name: Maya Colton
Strengths: Smart, independent, caring
Fears: Spiders, clowns, failure

Link to external image

Maya Colton was over the roof when she booked the cruise, she needed something to feel like a normal human being. In the last few years her life revolved only around studying, going to classes and waitressing. Her social life suffered greatly because of this, because she had to uphold her gpa in order to get the scholarship. Her friends were understanding, of course, but from time to time Maya wanted nothing more than to just drop everything and get the hell away from it all. And now, she finally could. With her degree still freshly printed, she was ready to go as far away as she could and in her case it meant to go on a cruise with her two best friend and have the best time ever.   

The three friends wanted to celebrate their graduation on a big scale. It was supposed to be a bonding experience with lots of booze, the spring break that they never had, but in summer. Maya wasn't exactly one of those girls gone wild that flashed her boobs for the camera, but she was up for copious amounts of alcohol and dancing until she couldn't stand anymore. It should have been one last (the first) getaway before being thrown into the 'real' business world. But then again, first there was the matter of finding the job, but Maya wasn't going to think about that until she was back on land.

So why was it that everything had to go downhill? Yes, Maya majored in musical theater, but as far as she knew she wasn't auditioning for a role in Titanic the Musical. When the announcement roared through the speakers, Mara was sure that the universe was playing a trick on her. These things didn't happen in the real world, especially not to dull people like her. Actually, these things barely happened in the news. And yet here she was, running for her dear life, in heels (because that was such a good idea). There was one thought that cruised through her mind, I am too young to die. I have barely even lived. As she moved through the crazy crowds she prayed, it is never too late to let God in. Her last confession was before confirmation, not that her mother, a devout christian knew. She did go to church every time she came home, but other than that, nothing. However, right now, Maya wasn't sure if she was going to live, so praying seemed to be the logical step. And as she got closer to those life boats, with her heart pounding in her chest, there was a ghost of a smile gracing her lips as she thought she was going to make it.

In these kinds of situation time slows down, what happened in a second feel like it took hours. Maya wasn't really sure what had happened, but in the matter of seconds, she found herself falling from the cruiser. It's a funny thing how it happens, one moment you're running and then the next you're about to be devoured by the ocean. And the fall just wouldn't end, she kept screaming as she looked at the cruiser her hands extended, as if trying to grab something, only, there wasn't anything to grab. And then her back collided with the water and she was underwater, sinking deep due to the impact. There was momentary amnesia going on in her head, where she didn't understand what was happening, but there was the massive pain she felt in her back. It was one hell of a fall, it would have been a miracle if there was none, it's not like she remembered at the time to straighten up her body and make herself into a needle as she plunged to her death.

Except, she wasn't dying, not yet. But, she was running out of oxygen, and as that came into her head, she realized that she had to swim. And so she did, her arms fluttering as she aimed to reach the surface. The stream of curse-words went through her mind as she desperately wanted to inhale. Come on! her insides snapped as she got closer, just out of reach, and then the wind that blew through her damp hair signaled that she was okay. Her head throbbed as she tried to get in as much air as she could. She was weak and in the middle of nowhere. The ship was still sinking and she could hear the people screaming as they tried to save themselves.

Maya grabbed a hold of something that floated nearby, she needed to think, but she also needed to rest. Everything hurt and she was tired, she just wanted to sleep, if only for a moment. Maybe then her head would be clear, she fought hard with herself to stay awake, but in the end, fatigue prevailed. Her eyelids became too heavy for her to keep them open and then she just gave up.

Last edited by ArtemisRose (03/02/2016 at 15:42)

#4 02/02/2016 at 01:33

Notso’Fashion

Name: Meizai Ozin
Strengths: Faith and God
Fears:None at the moment

Now, it's literally swim, float, or die I Thought for a moment do I really want to die here. I've got my whole life in front of me thinking fast I told my friends that we cant just give up so make your minds up now. My friends totally scared out of there minds started to swim towards this Mysterious Island. I thought to myself would we make it out of this terrible ordeal or are we in for more surprises.

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21606.jpg

#5 02/02/2016 at 04:35

Fashion’Plus
Place: a beautiful place perfect for me

Name : OneHunnee Winchester
Strengths : Trustworthy, Adventurous, Optimistic
Fears : Getting lost, Failure

Link to external image

It was supposed to be an all girls vacation and having the best time of my life. Now, I am all soaked after being thrown overboard. Luckily I have my life jacket on because I am not a good swimmer. I can see an Island in the distance and heard someone shouting to get everyone safe and swimming towards the Island. I should swim there as fast as I could. I must not FAIL and give up now. I swam with all the energy i have left and managed to reached ashore where I lost consciousness

Last edited by Onehunnee (02/02/2016 at 04:39)

#6 02/02/2016 at 09:01

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate
Place: Riga

Name:Libby Graves
Strengths:Animal tracking, recognizing healthy herbs, hard worker
Fears: Heights, Snakes, Ghosts
Link to external image

Finally a week off of her hectic job and a chance to meet up with her friends. This would be the best adventure of all time, because it would be a Girls Week Out. However, everything turned sour and Libby ended up swimming towards an island. She couldn't see anyone around as she was more concerned with surviving, she was hoping her friends would meet her on the island.

https://i.imgur.com/qWiSjUN.png

#7 02/02/2016 at 13:38

Totally’Fashion
Camarilla

Name: Meredith Finn
Strengths: smart, resourceful, independent
Fears: failure, loneliness

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21640.jpg

Best holiday ever, thought Meredith when she was boarding the cruise ship. Now, she wasn't so sure anymore. All went literally to hell when the ship suddenly rocked violently and started to sink, Titanic-like, to the very bottom of the ocean. During the frantic race to the lifeboats, Meredith was almost trampled and then, after a lost fight with gravity on the rapidly tilting ship, thrown overboard. Luckily, she wasn't a bad swimmer - and this ended up being her only hope to survive. On the horizon, a small island gleamed in the sunlight...

Last edited by Camarilla (02/02/2016 at 13:42)

#8 02/02/2016 at 17:08

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

Name: Nera Lelouch
Strengths: knowledge of nature, stubbornness (read persistence), knitting
Fears: planes, unknown noises in the dark, reasonable fear of sharp objects too close to her, stupidity

Link to external image

When chaos surrounds you and you're in your room, taking a nap, you flinch to the sound of screams and rushed steps. You get off your bed and head towards the door, only to see a stream of people, slamming into each other in sheer panic of being left behind.

You realise slowly, that maybe, you, too should be among them  and not looking at them through the glass on your door as if they were a hoard of animals on a free run.
As if - funny word choice.
They were a bunch of unorganised animals, running to save their somewhat worthy or somewhat worthless lives.

Still at the moment of sheer panic your wish and goal is to be among them.

You grab your purse, happy for once that you have one of those, shove it all into one bag habits, so your suitcase transportation needs less energy waste just to pull it up the stairs. You open the door and wait for an empty space to occur so the river of wild animals carries you onto the deck, with screams and shouts surrounding you.

You realise the choices aren't many because the whole bunch aimed for the lifeboats. So you try to be creative, you try to see another way out. You grab one of the yellow floating jackets and ensure your bag is firmly tied around your body. You're not dumb enough to jump right away. You wait for the boat to sink, clutching desperately to the fence until the sea is close enough to make a jump the furthest you can and continue to dive until you no longer can hold your breath.

You dive out and take a huge leap of air into your lungs. Then you briefly glance at the sinking ship before you turn around and find a goal to process forward to.

Persitence, that's what keeps you alive.
And you had enough of it.
That you were sure of.

Last edited by Tonkolina (02/02/2016 at 18:28)

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#9 02/02/2016 at 21:46

Almost'Fashion
Celine77
Place: Burgess, Pennsylvania

Name: Azalea Munroe
Strengths: Driven, Proactive, thinks ahead
Fears: Being lonely and being outsmarted
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21605.jpg

It came a thousand times quicker than it left.

You deserved this trip. A week off the coast was exactly what you had earned after scoring an amazing stock deal with another company. You had every right to bask in the glorious feeling of tranquility that your eternally buzzing office could never offer. You really needed this Me Time.

Apparently, Mother Nature didn't agree.

The warm sun beams that had so gracefully danced on your skin was quick to hide once the thunder arrived. Startled, you took of your sunglasses and peered at the radically shifting sky.

You looked around to see the other cruisers reactions. People were murmuring and pointing unsurely, worried looks gracing all their faces. No one really knew what was going to happen next.

You heard a shriek, then a collective gasp as everyone followed the gaze of the screamer. That was the last moment before chaos.

When you looked up your eyes gaped and your limbs refused to be anything but petrified at the horrific sight above. The sky, polluted with charcoal clouds, crackled in flashes of orange and yellow. You struggled to feel blindly for anything firm you could grasp; the storm had choked all sunlight from your vision.

Were there lifeboats? No one knew. No one could see anything.
What wass the captain saying? It must have been some sort of cruel irony that the sky only split with lightning whenever the man on the PSA started to speak.

The wind kicked up and tossed you around, the overwhelming presence of the air trapping you in your own vortex. You heard the deafening screams of others swirling around you. You covered your ears, the sound was sure to give you nightmares.

With moving your arms you had destroyed what little balance you had. You tripped over the chair that you had been safely lounging on only moments ago, only to be sent tumbling to the railing at the edge of your boat. With one final gust, you were thrust into the sea.

It seemed you were sinking for an eternity before you started to slowly drift upwards. Desperate for air you greedily gulped in as much as your lungs would allow when you finally hit the surface.

After wiping the water from your eyes you survey your situation and blink. Everyone who had not already been thrown overboard was now jumping off of the sinking death trap. As hopeless as the scene was, you had never been one to give up easily.

And so here you are, relentlesly stroking against a thriving current in an effort to survive. At some point others started to follow you-- you were a born leader after all.

Your arms are burning and though you can't be sure because of the water's deceptive motion, you're pretty sure you aren't moving at all. But you force yourself to endure your searing joints. You keep swimming forward and ignore how the salty air stings your throat, you disregard your every instict that tells you to just give up and stop.

Because it would feel so nice to just... rest. Just for one second.

But resting is not an option when you catch a glimpse of something green in the distance. You'll put up with this torture for a litttle while longer, just until you get closer to what you're praying is a piece of land.

Last edited by Celine77 (02/02/2016 at 21:48)

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/54/moy/42993.jpg

#10 03/02/2016 at 03:14

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21672.jpg

Name: Genevieve Callabasas
Strengths: Creative, Diplomatic, Athletic
Fears: Getting lost, garden gnomes, and surprises

"Gen this is a vacation." my friend Marie chides as I ask her to pose for another picture.

"But the light..." I try to argue as I motion toward the sun in the distance. "Think of how gorgeous this'll look."

"Fine." she huffs as she repositions herself against the rail of the ship, "One, maybe two more snaps tops and then we're going to the bar."

"Three. just three more." I promise.

As I crouch into position I feel the deck jolt underneath me violently, before I can stand up again I'm tossed to the side and I watch in horror as Marie is tossed overboard. A wave of panic fills me as another, more literal wave crashes against the side of the ship. I start to call out for help and quickly find my own voice drowned out by several others as all around me there's panic and chaos.

When I finally make my way to the railing I can see Marie clinging to what looks like a wood plank, without hesitation I jump in after her, but once in the water I can't see her. What I can see is what looks like safety, a shoreline in the distance.

Marie must have seen it too, I rationalize, and begin swimming toward what I hope is safety...

#11 03/02/2016 at 15:44

Totally’Fashion
Jadis

Link to external image

#12 03/02/2016 at 21:10

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate

(I hope this is fine, I changed the pants to more trashy looking for the time being, I hope it's fine and matches the rule you set. The item I chose to keep was the top and the watch, if the watch should go just tell me.)
Link to external image

Libby is was still shaking as she approached the ruins. She looked in her watch, which was a tough one for work so the animals wouldnt have it so easy to destroy it. Two hours had passed and soon the night would come. She couldn't understand what she should do, the dark held many features and took many forms, creating ghosts in Libby's head on each turn... But survival for now was the most important so tomorrow morning she could start exploring and understanding where she could be stranded..
She collected all the moss she could and took the dried out leaves to make a make-shift bed and not freeze on the stone ground. This would be a long and scary night, but the ruins was the best choice she had.

#13 03/02/2016 at 22:46

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

Link to external image

"You have got to be kidding me," I muttered when a bunch of monkeys stole my bag. With all my documents and antibacterial bottles.

They also did an even more gruesome thing.

They stole my shoe.

Don't monkey's know how expensive such shoes are?
Obviously they didn't know or just didn't care.

Well, I concluded that my life was more valuable than my high-heeled shoes, so I took the other one off and started running towards those... Those... Those... MONKEYS.

I ran and ran and ran only to have those beasts, throw things at me. And I could've ran towards them even more, but then they decided to climb the trees and jump away happily like monkeys usually do with a stolen bag.

I stopped and took a deep breath, planning revenge already.

"I'll get you one day," I promised them, "And I will retrieve my antibacterial gel.

Then I lifted my head and looked around confused.

"But first let's find out where the hell we actually are, shall we Nera?." I spoke to myself and frowned. However, there was one thing that had to be done prior to that.

And that was stop to talk to myself because surprisingly enough since I've gotten to this island it happened three times already.

DONE
Can't make more, sorry.

Last edited by Tonkolina (05/02/2016 at 12:14)

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#14 04/02/2016 at 00:31

Notso’Fashion

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21687.jpg

Do I fight, or flee at that moment I thought to flee but I'm already injured and these trees are to high to climb. Thinking fast I ran towards a tree to find anything to protect myself with. Looking around I reached for a medal object ooooooowwwwwwwwwwww I screamed my hand got clamped by a trap crying historical I moved over behind a tree quickly trying to hide myself from this deadly hungry animal. I looked down at my hand trying to pull the clamp off but I fainted....

#15 04/02/2016 at 02:11

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21689.jpg

My boots, my sunglasses, my bracelets, even my romper is gone, all sacrificed to the frigid water in the name of survival. I couldn't let my camera go though, it'll likely never work again but with everything of mine that the waves swallowed up I clung to it more fiercely as a symbol of hope...

Hope. The word feels foreign as it swirls through my mind once I reach shore. "Hope." I spit out into the darkness testing my voice and trying to taste something other than salt water and bile. As I adjust my eyes to the surroundings I notice something that conflicts with the otherwise rocky landscape.

A bundle? I wonder to myself, as my stomach loudly growls, maybe there's food. I think optimistically.

As I get closer though I realize that it isn't a bundle, it's a body, and not just any body it's Marie.

"Marie!" I scream, an freeze as she doesn't respond. There's a gash on her arm and by the looks of it, it needs to be tended to. Frantically, I look around for something, anything, that may help my friend unwilling to leave her alone by going to far away.

"It's going to be fine Marie. You're going to be fine." I say as I scout the immediate area. As I look up I notice a flickering light, and from the looks of things it's getting closer...

#16 04/02/2016 at 06:22

Totally’Fashion
Camarilla

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21691.jpg

Meredith sighed deeply as she leaned back, her head resting against the trunk of a tall palm tree. Perfect, she thought. Not only was I shipwrecked, but there has to be a freaking shark here! She looked over to the two suitcases on the other side of the tiny chunk of rock she had washed up on. She had checked them earlier, as soon as she climbed up from the water. The suitcases weren't hers, of course, that would be too much luck - but apart from a few pieces of chocolate (which she has eaten at once, as a reward for everything she'd been through) there even wasn't anything useful in them. A bunch of clothes, some toiletries, travel books... and a pair of pink fuzzy handcuffs, for some reason. Maybe I can chain the stupid shark to the stupid tree, she chuckled. Yeah, that'd be the day.

Well, nothing can be done about it now, she decided. The sun was already setting - a beautiful sight, which she, given her predicament, somehow didn't appreciate as much as she could. Meredith jumped up, gathering some clothes from the suitcases and piling them into a nest, on top of which she settled and curled her legs against her chest. Maybe the shark will be gone tomorrow, she thought sleepily. Maybe I'll be able to swim to the main island. Maybe there will be other survivors. Maybe some help will come for us...

Last edited by Camarilla (04/02/2016 at 09:21)

#17 04/02/2016 at 15:05

Fashion’Plus
Place: a beautiful place perfect for me

Link to external image

OneHunnee awoke when she feels the wind over her face and she is freezing. She took off her life jacket and noticed that she is alone on the beach. No signs of any survivors around and can only hear the sound of waves.
She looked at the thick forest in front and noticed a house at a distance. Should she go there? She thought for herself. She can see smoke coming out from the house chimney perhaps? OneHunnee is already afraid of getting lost in the forest but what else can she do. She must not give up now. She saw a stick not far from where she is standing.
With the stick in hand, OneHunnee is determined to walk through the forest and find the house. The stick will be handy to clear anything blocking her path. She must act fast before it is getting dark. Dont be afraid OneHunnee...she told herself. Treat this as an adventure of a lifetime... Who knows she might find her prince charming here. Anything is possible. Maybe her story will be like what she always wrote in her book. She smiled and just walked ahead

Last edited by Onehunnee (04/02/2016 at 15:10)

#18 05/02/2016 at 00:34

Fashion’Newbie
ArtemisRose

Maya Colton, 23

Link to external image

As the sun was about to set, it's last rays aimed at Maya left a trail, bathing her skin in warmth in the process. She felt something rough as she opened her eyes. As the view in front of her eyes came into focus, she was able to make out a sandy beach. She wasn't dead, after all, the thought cross her mind as she got up. The place was eerily quiet and when she looked around she could barely make out the cruiser as it sank even deeper. She couldn't believe how far she was, all alone with her bag. "My bag..." she whispered as she came to a sudden realization, feeling so thirsty at the thought of being all alone. She started rummaging through her bag, for her salvation... well, for the time being.

Maya was happy that she always had a bottle of water on her, at all times, it was a good thing, especially now with everything that happened. Granted, half a liter was not much, but it was something. After twisting the cap, she took a generous gulp, she wanted more, drinking the whole thing straight away was tempting, but she had to think about later. She would have to be smart about this and having water was her top priority. Maybe, she would find more later, but she wasn't about to gamble.

Looking down at her outfit, Maya saw that she was missing her blazer, and her shorts were ripped. At least her top was intact, she was going to worry about it, even if she woke up naked knowing that she was still alive was what mattered. Here heels were gone too, but then again, it's not like she would be able to parade in them in such a place to begin with. She ran a hand through her hair as she sighed, looking around for any trace of... something, she didn't know what.

The beach wasn't even big to begin with, actually, it was rather small, tiny even, and the only thing that was there were rocks and sand. She looked up to the rocks, wondering if there was something up there. She sat back down on the sand as she debated on what to do. Spell out an SOS and hoping that a helicopter or something would miraculously show up and save her? Stay put and do nothing and eventually die from thirst? No, she wasn't going to just give up like that, she was smart, hopefully smart enough to survive. She saw Indiana Jones, maybe she could do the whole adventure thing too? One thing was clear, though, if she ever came out of this place alive, she would petition for an Indiana Jones musical.

It was time to move, she couldn't stay here for much longer, she had to climb and hopefully find something on the other side. "I can do this." she said, trying to assure herself. It didn't look so bad, the rocks, yes, they were steep and narrow, but she could manage; hopefully. Before going to the rocks, Maya took one last glance around, hoping to see some hidden passageway that didn't include free climbing, an activity she knew nothing about. She didn't find anything that could make her go in another way, but she did saw something, in the sand. Her heels, seemed to have been stranded as well, the sea must have carried them. Once she picked them up, Maya stared at the heels wondering what to do with them, they weren't exactly going to be of any use, at least not in their current condition?

An idea formed in Maya's head and a smile crept, the end of her lips barely curling. Actually, this was something she always wanted to do, she didn't know why, but it seemed fun. In normal occurrences she would never ruin a pair of heels, but this was anything but normal. And without another thought she snapped the heels off of her shoes, making them into a pair of flats and tucking them on before heading to the rocks, feeling a bit confident about the whole climbing thing.

... and then it was gone, the confidence, going from hero to zero as she had a better view of the rocks. Maya wasn't even sure for how long she had been staring at the rocks, well the rocks weren't the problem nor were they the object of her staring. It was something, much, much worse; cobwebs, and there were too much for her liking. Where there were cobwebs, there would have to be... spiders. Just thinking about those eight-legged arthropods made Maya sick. She absolutely hated them and everything around them, so how in the hell was she supposed to climb?

The sun had now set and Maya had to hurry up now, unless she wanted to free climb in the dark, not seeing them, but knowing they were there was a much worse option. She just wanted to have something to protect herself with. She wished she had her blazer now, she would've sacrificed it in a heartbeat, but she couldn't conjure it out of nowhere. Maya had sighed, this day was so not turning out as she had planned it. In an ideal world, she would've been drunk by now, with two best friends, dancing and worrying about nothing, while cruising. So much for this being the best trip of her life.

"Eff this!" she said as she placed her hand on the upper part of her high waisted shorts. It was now or never, and she chose now. She was climbing this rock, she nodded as firmly grabbed the rocks on each sides of her hand, paying attention to be as far away from the cobwebs as possible. Her legs followed suit and before she knew it, she was free climbing. Maya Colton, the girl that never played a sport in her life (unless dodge ball counts), was climbing a freaking rock. She grabbed a deep breath each time she went a little higher and a little closer to the top, her hands were semi-wrapped in the material of her shorts and she just had to not think about all the arthropods. She would get through this, and then one day she would tell her children of that one time she was stranded on an island like it was no big deal.

Last edited by ArtemisRose (05/02/2016 at 17:47)

#19 05/02/2016 at 15:45

Totally’Fashion
Jadis

Link to external image

#20 05/02/2016 at 19:17

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate

Libby has ripped the jeans off to make shorts. It's too damn hot for pants up here, especially if she's gonna make a better bed and make-shift blanket out of the moss, leaves and twigs she sees around. Her shirt now is a tying material. She needed a hair-tie and string for her weapon, she was considering trying out the good old method she had seen in so many movies of fishing for fish with a sharp object at the end of a stick.
With the weapon ready she followed the trail of footprints. Libby came across the supply hideout  and couldn't understand what this all could mean... I think too much of Arrow was affecting her brain. She was terrified and the ghostly feeling of something following her wasn't going away. She ran through the supplies taking a bit of everything she could REALLY need. If the ones remaining here were not friendly she didn't want to attract attention to her.
With the random bag she had found thrown in a corner filled with only the most necessary she started hiding proof of her visit. She took a big leaf and swiped over the sand that had marked her footsteps. It looked perfect, like no living being had been there. She hoped the owners of the place wouldnt notice the perfect condition.
When she got to the hideout she destroyed all the traces of her. If these things had once visited her, she didn't want to get a revisit. With constantly looking back over her shoulder she went out in the unknown jungle. She needed to find another cave to reside in. And further from that place. Looking out for dangerous animal footprints she also tried not walking on the sand or breaking too many branches..
She was happy her inner geek was making her giggle. She never thought she would use the knowledge acquired in weird action/survival TV shows. At least she was keeping her mood up. God knows when she would experience happiness.

Link to external image

#21 06/02/2016 at 01:18

Notso’Fashion

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21720.jpg

When I awoken and saw this unknown men I was happy that I'm  still alive cause I thought I was gone for sure. I asked him his name he said Gil I immediately thanked him for saving me. I saw him limping around I didn't want to dig in deep on why he was, so I asked is that wound on your chest because of protecting he said yes I thought should I trust him but I have no choice I'm still alive because of him. I got up went over to him trying to put medicine on his wound but he said miss you was badly injured. At the moment your not wearing any clothes I looked down embarrassed and ask do you having anything for me to wear. He said yes this should help you move around more freely I said putting on my clothes do you have anything to drink or eat .Yes this should do he said I thanked him and said so how long has it been,what do you mean he said I'm talking about when you said there is someone who seems intent on hurting the people on the island.
Gil told me his story....

#22 06/02/2016 at 01:47

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21721.jpg

It's been over a week since Marie and I have allowed ourselves to be taken by the others. They were convinced that something, or rather someone was attacking the other survivors and I figured that rather than argue my innocence, we should go peacefully to show them that we weren't a threat.

I've parted with my camera, trading it for a moldy black jumpsuit that I was able to fashion into something with a little more coverage than my underwear afforded me. It smells horrible, but so does everything and everyone else.

At every hour or every day there's someone watching Marie an I, waiting, I think hoping, to see if one of us will attack. It doesn't matter that Marie is still weak, or that I spend most of my time weaving rope or helping the others make their garments more wearable, they're choosing not to trust us.

The days are bleeding together, the nights too. The nights are the worse. I urge Marie to take a spot close to the fire but she insists she's fine further away from it and closer to me. One evening as we huddle together trying to stay warm the camp suddenly goes dark. There's a screaming in the distance and before my eyes can adjust to the dark, I feel myself being pulled away from Marie.

"We have to get you out of here." Comes a strange male voice as I'm pulled into a standing position. I try to pull away and am only pulled closer. "Trust me." the voice whispers as I'm dragged into the night...

#23 06/02/2016 at 06:39

Totally’Fashion
Camarilla

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/28/moy/21724.jpg

Meredith crouched behind a large rock, trying to make as little sound as possible. Ahead of her, a strange woman was sitting in front of a lean-to made of leaves, noisily slurping the contents of a tin can. Her right leg was a mess: dirty bandages soaking with blood, half-covered with leaves and something that looked like fern stalks wrapped around it.

Meredith gripped the shaft of her makeshift bow. If she has one can, she must have another, she thought. But still, she was hesitating. Her hunger and thirst were bad enough, but she has seen Lost - a stranger on an island usually equals trouble, doesn't it?

In the end, it was her impatience which made the decision. After being cooped up on a tiny floating rock for three days with nothing but a few pieces of chocolate to eat, she simply couldn't bear another waiting session. She nocked an arrow, just in case, and slowly stepped out of the shadows. The woman looked up, a startled expression on her face.

"Hello," shouted Meredith. "Are you from the boat too?"
The woman smiled, visibly relieved. "Yeah, I guess so. My name is Indie. That's one hell of a cruise, eh?" She spoke with a faint southern accent.
Meredith nodded, slowly approaching the woman. "I'm Meredith. Do you have any food or water?"
"I might, if you get rid of that thing," Indie gave a short nod towards Meredith's bow, with the arrow still nocked in place.
Meredith tentatively lowered her weapon, suddenly suspicious. "Sure."
Indie reached behind her, under the lean-to, and pulled out a plastic bottle of water, a pineapple and a crumpled bag of potato chips. "You can have these, if you help me with my leg."
"How did you get injured?"
"During the shipwreck. I was thrown against a cliff."
"Is that so?" mused Meredith. If she was injured, how did she manage to collect food and build a lean-to? She decided that careful wariness would be the best approach here. One-handedly, with the other hand still clutching her bow, she reached for the mess of bandages around the woman's leg.
Suddenly, a loud noise startled both of the women. Meredith cursed, quickly diving back into cover behind the rock. What the hell was that?

Last edited by Camarilla (06/02/2016 at 09:34)

#24 07/02/2016 at 00:20

Fashion’Newbie
ArtemisRose

Maya Colton

Link to external image

The adrenaline was pumping through Maya's veins once she finally reached the top. She was thrilled with what she accomplished, forgetting all about being thirsty and hungry in the process. Her heart was still beating fast as she looked around, taking in the scenery. It turned out that the beach she had found herself on was just a tiny bit, now she could see the forest in front of her and she could hear the running water and the birds singing. For a brief moment, she forgot that she was all on her own, that is until she felt something up her leg.

Maya let out a scream as she kicked off the webbed shoes of her feet in panic. She quickly dusted herself off, making sure there wasn't anything crawling. If her heart had been beating hard before, now it seemed to be off the charts and she could even hear it beating in her head. And just liked that, what seemed like paradise on Earth, reminded Maya that this place was far from perfection and that this whole thing was really happening to her. Because, if it had been a dream, she would have woken up a long time ago. Just in case, she pinched her arm, and just as she thought, she wasn't that lucky.

The scream she let out must have attracted some attention, since Maya found herself surrounded by monkeys. And not the cute, friendly kind, the mean, hair-pulling, bag-stealing kind. Maya loved animals, her family had a pet dog named Tiny (even though he was anything but, there was nothing 'tiny' about a fifty kilo Berner), but she wasn't feeling any love towards these monkeys. Why they were so obsessed with getting her bag, she had no idea, but she wasn't letting them have it, especially considering how she had water in that bag. And she was fairly sure there was a snickers bar tucked in one of the pockets and she was definitely not going to share that with the rabid monkeys.

She screamed, as one of the monkeys grabbed her hair hard, pulling her head back. "I. Am. Not. Giving. This. To. You." she accentuated each word through gritted teeth as she kept pulling the bag. Unfortunately, she could see it starting to rip, and if that happened, the monkeys would win. She shook off one of the monkeys that grabbed hold of her leg, just as she saw it open its mouth wide, maybe wanting to sink its teeth, Maya wasn't about to wait to find out.

She sent a silent 'sorry' to PETA as she kicked one of the monkeys, there was only so much she could take considering how tired, hungry and thirsty she was. She wasn't sure how much time passed since the whole monkey business (pun very much intended) started, but the monkeys showed no sign of backing off. As Maya kept battling several monkeys, out of nowhere a spear whooshed past her, missing her barely and ended up hitting the tree behind her. The monkeys dispersed at once, leaving Maya alone, not bothering about the bag anymore.

While she had no idea what just happened, Maya scrambled to her feet and decided that she wasn't about to wait and see what made the leaves nearby rustle. She ran deep into the forest, occasionally glancing behind to see if someone was following her. One thing was obvious, a person threw that spear, which meant that she wasn't the only one in this god forsaken place. And two, the same person might have been aiming either her or the monkeys. If it was the later, Maya was grateful, if not, well, then she didn't want to be anywhere near said person.

The idea of someone else being on the island gave her hope in a way that she wasn't all alone, but not knowing about the person's motives was unsettling. Glancing back again, Maya thought she saw something, a shadow maybe? So she ran even harder, the adrenaline giving her more strength, she looked back in front of her, not realizing that she was coming to an end, and just as she was about to stop, she tripped over something (a rock, or maybe it was a tree's root). Unable to regain her balance, Maya fell, rolling downhill before falling into a lake. As she emerged out of the water, she saw a waterfall, remembering how she heard the sound of running water earlier.

Looking up to where she fell from she felt relieve that there was no one there, maybe she saw wrong. The truth was, ever since she got to this place she became distraught, maybe this place was playing tricks on her. She didn't know, but at least she now had drinkable water, she would go to find the spring later to fill her bottle up, but first she needed to get out. She decided to take the other direction from the one she came, just in case. She emptied half of her bottle's content in one gulp, leaving some for when she got to the spring. She looked through her soaked bag to see what else she had on her. Wallet, keys, breath freshener, perfume, a romance novel, a snickers bar and her phone.

Maya completely forgot about having her phone on her, but she wasn't sure if it would be of any use seeing as it was soaked and twice. Even if it did work, somehow she was pretty sure that she would find no reception here, but there was still some hope lingering inside of her that maybe, there was the slightest chance. After placing her phone back in her bag, Maya ate the snickers bar as if her life depended on it, and it did, she would have to find something to eat later, maybe some berries or something, hopefully nothing poisonous.

It was a new day, and no one killed her in her sleep so hopefully it would keep being this good. The breath freshener was the closest she could get to brushing her teeth so she used that before washing her face in the lake. She couldn't do anything about her clothes though, and sleeping on the ground in wet clothes didn't help her either. But it was dark and she didn't want to get lost so she stayed near the river, taking shelter under a massive pine tree.

As she was making her way toward the waterfall, Maya kept looking down at her filthy clothes and her bare feet, she lost her shoes when she tripped the day before. She kept tiptoeing and looking at the ground, vary of bugs and anthropoids. There was something that made her stop walking, something big, dark green in color and leaning on a tree. Taking a few steps closer it turned out to be a duffel bag, it kind of reminded her of the army because of its color. She looked around to see if there was anyone nearby before she crouched down and opened it to see if there was anything she could use.

The bag turned out to be filled with clothes, and combat boots, in military style. Maybe she wasn't so unlucky after all, seeing as she could finally ditch the clothes she was wearing. There was no time to be shy so Maya did her best to change clothes as fast as she could. Even if the top and pants were a bit big on her, it was still way better than staying in her former clothes. The boots were bigger too, as expected, but she just tied them as much as she could so they wouldn't fall off. It was weird walking in them, but it was better than being barefoot.

Last edited by ArtemisRose (07/02/2016 at 16:06)

#25 07/02/2016 at 17:50

Totally’Fashion
Jadis

Link to external image

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2