Pages : 1

#1 18/08/2016 at 13:26

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

CONTEST CLOSED:

Link to external image

Hello and welcome to Clover Academy!

I'm Tonks and I have noticed a serious lack of MR-s in general /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png. But since I'm an avid writer, I shall host a writing one /modules/forum/img/smilies/blebl.gif.

So if you're up for an adventure join in and see if you're cut out for it /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

/modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/bisous.gif

RULES

- 48 hours per round
- 1 main character per person (whose appearance should more or less stay the same along the way)
- 4 rounds, each ending at noon forum time and next one posted within an hour or two (after reading what you've written and preparing individual rounds)
- read the requirements
- no matter how repetitive always read the requirements
- read the requirements
- min: 100 words
- max: the sky is the limit

There will be banners for all participants that have made it through 4 rounds at the end of the contest (I'll make them nice).
After each round you will get an impression and an individual task for extra characters that will appear in the next round.

Since there are only four rounds available (3, because the first one is basically introduction) this might come in sequels (based on how many join, of course).

ROUND 1

Clover Academy is an academy for either rich or especially talented young people. Which one of those are you?

Name:
Sex: m/f
Virtues: min 3
Flaws: min 3
Dream:
Fear:
Extra: Is someone joining you to this academy? Brother, sister, friend, crush? If yes, describe them (you can use this same form), or post a doll or an image of them
Story: either background or a short snippet to make me get to know your character

If any questions send me a PM and ask!
I don't bite. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png
At least not over the Internet. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png

Last edited by Tonkolina (26/08/2016 at 12:01)

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#2 18/08/2016 at 13:27

#3 18/08/2016 at 23:39

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Buzzing  /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/bave.gif  /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/bave.gif

Name: Freya Stephens

Sex: Female

Appearance:
Link to external image

Virtues: Chatty // easy to get along with // very good at sport // determined // honest // loyal

Flaws: Lacks confidence // short attention span // clumsy // can't control self

Dream: To compete in the Olympics (triathlon)

Fears: Heights // being alone

Extra: Freya's sister, Claire attended the school a few years ago. Claire was known for her piano skills, and is now composing her own music.

Biography: On Friday 9th July 2004 four year old Freya took part in her nursery's sports day. It was only an egg and spoon race, but Freya took it very seriously. Surging forwards she clung to the spoon like a baby monkey clings to it's mother. She claims she can remember the roar of the crowd as she raced past the finish line, states she can still feel the wave of satisfaction spreading over her body. As she was four years old it's not likely, but let the girl think what she likes. As the clearly plastic gold medal was placed over her head and she accepted the animal shaped eraser set Freya vowed that she would one day win a real gold medal.

Tore her stabilisers off within a few days and started swimming lessons a couple of weeks later. Of course, her mother was supportive in her life choices, although she always hoped she'd take up something more elegant like her older sister Claire had done. Freya's dad (although he didn't live with them) encouraged his youngest daughter every way possible, always paying for new equipment and taking her to sporting events. He was the one who paid the coach's wages too, even when he was made redundant.

When she was eleven Freya was diagnosed with type one diabetes. At the time people said her sporting career would end with those few children's races she'd competed in. But it made Freya more determined, desperate to prove that it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from: sport is for everyone. And that's what she did. Freya took a couple of months off to adapt to her new condition but then she came back stronger. Following her coach's advice she started taking up running; this was just to get her fit again but Freya soon fell in love with it. Unable to choose between her sports Freya focused on training for triathlons; when she's been competing she's always come top three.

A few weeks ago Freya received a letter. At first she thought it was yet another college rejecting her application, but when she opened it it was Clover Academy, offering her a place based on sporting achievement. Naturally, the rather excited Freya dialled the number straight away to confirm her place.

#4 19/08/2016 at 21:38

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28045.jpg

Name: Kennedy Michaels

Sex: f

Virtues: Intelligent, generous, inquisitive, and funny

Flaws: Impatient, easily made uncomfortable, and easily lost in her own thoughts

Dream: To be respected for her talents and not fawned over for her family name

Fear: That someone will find out the real reason she's attending Clover Academy

Extra: N/A

Story: "You're not wearing that are you?" My sister asks as she stares at the outfit I've selected.

"It's what I have on, isn't it?" I shoot back sarcastically.

"There's still time to change." She responds, "Time to make yourself look more...presentable."

"You mean more like you?" I ask.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" She asks looking genuinely worried.

Nothing is wrong with her outfit. Nothing is ever wrong with any of her carefully coordinated outfits.

"Nothing it's just..." I struggle trying to find the words, but I don't have to, this is a conversation that Celine and I have had countless times.

"Oh jeez, not this again Kennedy." She groans. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you were ashamed of being rich."

"I'm not rich." I correct her. "Mom and Dad have money."

"Umm so what's your trust fund then? Or the house in Aspen Gram brought you last Christmas or..."

"Enough." I interrupt her, "I'm going to be late for my first day of school."

"Only if you take my advice and change." Celine grins at me.

I don't take her advice and change, instead I get into the car that's waiting for me outside and advise Benjamin, my driver to stop a few blocks away so I can walk up to the school like someone who wasn't guaranteed admission just because my family could afford to buy my way in...

This year is going to be different. I tell myself. This year has to be different.

#5 20/08/2016 at 03:40

Fashion’Chatterbox

http://i65.tinypic.com/2psr8tg.pnghttp://i63.tinypic.com/167v4ut.png

Name:Mitzie Campbell
Sex: female
Virtues: strong minded, determined and ambitious
Flaws: impatient, conceited and critical
Dream: to become a multi-millionaire
Fear: Not becoming a multi-millionaire
Extra: My spouse David will be joining me
Story: Mitzie was elated to receive notification that she was accepted to Clover Academy.  She had always heard great things about the Academy and long dreamed of joining the illustrious group of students who were privileged to attend the institution.  In her early years Mitzie's parents had to struggle through life, living hand to mouth, not having a lot to go around in their five member home.  Even though Mitzie dreamed of attending college from a very early age, she always thought it was an impossible dream since her parents did not earn much and could barely afford to send her and her siblings to school.  But in the year she turned 15 Mitzie's mom was fortunate to purchase a winning lottery ticket and from then on all Mitzie's dreams seemed to materialise.  And now here she was, heading to the college of her dreams and her only thought was....If I cab dream it, I can achieve it!

Last edited by SexyAnnie (20/08/2016 at 03:44)

https://i.postimg.cc/7Lt5bYJS/signature-1-8.gif

#6 20/08/2016 at 08:33

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28051.jpg

Name: Sydney Finney
Sex: Female
Virtues: Studious, Multi-tasker, Kind
Flaws: Opinionated, Unpopular, Over-extender, easily misunderstood
Dream: To gain a scholarship and eventually go to the University of her dreams. All this, to ultimately become a famous writer.
Fear: Leaving her family only to unfulfill becoming a writer.

Story: Sydney was sitting in her classroom during her last day before summer. She loved her public school, but she had aspirations that extended beyond what a public school could give her. Her parents were proud of their daughter and desperately wanted her to be happy. But, even while their middle-class income could get her into college, they would never be able to afford the kind of education she really could better benefit from.

Usually, Sydney was an avid listener. But today, as school was close coming to the last day of the year, she sat dreaming about her future. Then her attention was caught when she heard her teacher asking all the students to raise their hands if they had intentions of going to college. 'College', she thought, 'absolutely college was on her list'. And Sydney would certainly accept whatever her parents could afford, and she knew they would give her the best chance of going to the best schools possible. So lost in her thoughts, she didn't even raise her hand. Her teacher looked at her student confused as Ms. Black knew that Sydney was a straight 'A' student with much potential. She was even a honor student and an overachiever. Ms. Black was puzzled and somewhat concerned.

After class, Sydney's teacher called her to her desk and asked if anything was wrong. And she couldn't miss the look of disappointment on her student's face. Sydney, almost broke down when she told Ms. Black what was in her heart and the doubtful hope that she would ever come to realize what she most desired.

Ms. Black smiled and asked, 'haven't you been notified that you have won the school's highest scholarship, and that school sponsors were also interested in her achievements, therefore they also were contributing to her future by adding more support to her scholarship'? Sydney was so stunned that she was only able to give her kind teacher a grateful hug and ran excitedly out of the classroom. Relieved, Ms. Black straightened her desk and gathered her papers then left the classroom herself.

When Sydney got home that afternoon, she could barely explain to her parents what she had learned today about the scholarships and the possibility of attaining a higher education in the schools and universities of her dreams. When she noticed her parents didn't seem surprised, she wondered what hadn't they understood after telling them about her exciting news. Then, her mother handed her an envelope with a broad smile. Sydney opened it and was shocked when she found that she had been accepted into Clover Academy; the most highly respected school for the rich or especially talented young people!

Last edited by MissMelinda (20/08/2016 at 08:50)

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/30283.jpg

#7 20/08/2016 at 10:47

Totally’Fashion
Jadis
Place: The Half-light

Link to external image
Name: Dara Weir
Sex: F
Virtues: Adventurous, easygoing, relaxed
Flaws: Reckless, procrastinator, volatlie
Dream: Live a good life. How, she doesn't know.
Fear: That she will come out and not know what she wants to do, or that she'll become extremely boring.
Extra: Nope

Story: Dara's... very boring, as a person. No, really. She definitely likes to stay at home, definitely doesn't do crazy stuff like go hiking in the middle of the night, or attempt to eat fire. No, none of that. Whatever happened there was a figment of someone's overactive imagination. With regards to her attempt to eat fire, it was a result of several people's overactive imagination.

Truth be told, Dara sometimes is considered a bit of a mad woman. Slightly. She's perfectly pleasant to be with, when she's in a good mood, but anything that doesn't really go her way, or if there's a piece of bad news, she will wear that expression on her sleeve - uh, face - and will be stormy-faced until someone comforts her or bribes her with spicy food. Or sweet food. Or food in general. She likes bitter melon juice in particular, which gets people wincing and makes them blanch.

But she's not rich or anything - no, her biggest talent lies in her musical talent. No, not singing, but classical music, her best being her piano skills. Blessed with perfect pitch and a good aural memory, she can play most pieces by listening to her. Occasionally, she likes to improvise a song according to a key - both major and minor - and finds reading music sheets as interesting as a particularly engaging book. It's not unusual to see her sitting down with a piece of Urtext and making her own annotations how best to express music. How she does it? She doesn't say, but occasionally, if you listen closely, you'll hear her mutter something about colours and musical notation...

Last edited by Jadis (20/08/2016 at 12:40)

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/92/6c4aduaD_o.png

#8 20/08/2016 at 12:06

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

R1 CLOSED

R2 CLOSES: Monday, noon, forum time

You've become students at Clover Academy. Meet the people in your class:

Freya (Fashion-Chic)
Kennedy (Dare)
Mitzie (SexyAnnie)
Sydney (MissMelinda)
Dara (Jadis)
Cristoph
Daniel
Jared
Luca
Tristan

Now you've put your uniforms and went for a class gathering.
Unfortunately, at your first class gathering someone (*coughs* Tristan) glued your chairs to your bottoms. Whoops. Now who could have done that? Other than this gathering, which ended with both the teacher and the rest of you dragging your chairs through the hallways to get to the janitor to unglue you, there is one more gathering which was not approved by teachers, but is organised by the social butterfly of the academy, Jared.

Round requirements:

Name:
Interests:
up to 3 out of the extra characters (you will get their first impressions of you) if you want those - please post this as soon as you can, you can add the story later /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png
Image: black and white school uniform - one coloured item allowed, skirts knee length, covered shoulders and cleavage
Story:
you can write about the gathering, the chair gluing, any other situation relevant to your character or just interactions with the extras

PERSONAL TASKS – also optional – coming after interests are up so I can combine it /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Freya

Mitzie

Kennedy

Sydney

Dara

You may post now

*added uniform requirements in form*

Last edited by Tonkolina (22/08/2016 at 12:44)

#9 20/08/2016 at 14:30

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Uniform:
Link to external image

Interests: Daniel // Jared // Tristan

Story: I feel my eyes getting heavy as I stare blankly at the teacher, not having a clue what she's droning about. Something about writing a paper, counting for a huge amount of the grade. She pauses for a minute and my eyes automatically slide down to glance at my watch. 10:28.  A cool breeze wakes me up slightly as the boy I'm sat next to - Christoph I think he's called - raises his hand to ask a question. Slumping further into my seat I completely zone out. I really am grateful to have won a scholarship here, but that's more to do with the amazing sporting facilities. You ask anyone at my last school - they'll tell you how easily I get bored when I'm stuck in a classroom. I check my watch again; 10:29. A minute since I'd last checked. A single, painful minute that had felt like thirty. This time I raise my own hand. Christoph looks at me and nods, a small smirk on his face. "Can I go to the toilet please Miss?" The boy beside me sighs, and the look of satisfaction is replaced with despair. He probably thought I was going to ask a dead intellectual question or something. Sorry. I only wanted to satisfy my bladder.

The teacher also shakes her head and starts lecturing me on how breaks are the designated time for toilet trips, but eventually lets me go. I push myself backwards and stand, bringing my chair with me. At first I presume I'm caught on it, but as I spin around in a circle I realised I'm physically stuck to the chair. Laughter erupts in the room as I feel my cheeks burn. The teacher snaps and stands up to walk over to me. Much to my own amusement her own chair follows. "What the - "

I can't help but laugh at the situation as other students follow suit - standing only to find that they'd been glued to their chairs. It's not long before everyone is running round the classroom in a mad panic; well, everyone accept Tristan. It appears we've found the prankster of the class. He was laughing the hardest out of us all.

Link to external image
I'm buzzing when I see sports on today's timetable. I'd been hoping I wouldn't have to wait too long to try out all of their top of the range equipment. Naturally, I'd brought my own bike with me. If I'm going to be competing it's best to practice on the bike I'm going to be using. When the bell goes to mark the start of the lesson I run over to the bike shed, unlock my bike and pedal hard round to the sports arena. I leave it in the main area, asking a coach to keep an eye on it.

I get changed, quickly throwing on some more appropriate clothes. As I tie my shoe lace I notice Mitzie struggling into her gym wear. It's clearly too small for her. I'm about the ask her if she wants to borrow some of my clothes but then consider her wealth: she clearly knows more about trends than me and when if her clothes are meant to be tight fitted? I'm not sure she'll take too kindly to me trying to change her outfit. So instead I smile as I walk past her.

Feeling the wind rush through my hair as I ride is the second best feeling in the world (the first being when you cross the finish line). As my speed increases a sudden cloud of glitter bursts up in front of me and due to my surprise I topple off the bike. Although I land on the cold, harsh floor with a thud my thoughts immediately turn to my bike. I crawl to it, checking it over carefully. "Are you okay?" I look up to find two boys - one dripping wet and the other completely puffed out - before me.
"Yeah, I'm good thanks."
"And the bike?" the wet one asks.
I look back down at the bike, checking the wheels once more. They're smeared with glitter but they appear to be fine. "It's okay I think." Both of them looked relieved, and I can't help but smile at their concern. The wet one offers me a towel; normally I'd decline knowing that he'll obviously need the towel to dry himself, but this time I know my needs are greater.

The three of us chat for a while as I (attempt) to rub the glitter off. The tired boy suggests wetting the towel but it's a trek to the swimming pool and I can't be bothered. I tell him this, and he shrugs, semi looking sad that I didn't take up his suggestion.

A few moments later and another boy joins us - I recognise him from the grin plastered on his face. Tristan. "You!" I scream as it suddenly clicks into place. Tristan's smile widens and I can't help but begin to laugh. "Okay, you got me good."
"If it makes you feel any better I do it to a lot of people on their first day. But no one's ever taken it quite as well as you."
"Yeah, well I've been known to have played a few pranks too."
The tired boy - who introduced himself as Daniel - shakes his head. "Please don't tell me this is the start off a prank war. I don't know if I can cope!"

We talk for another few minutes before Jared - the boy who'd been swimming - tells me about a gathering he's organised for tonight. "Sure, I'll be there!" I say, smiling.

And with that we go our separate ways. I'm not sure where they're heading, but I'm going to clean up my bike. I would've forced Tristan to do it since he did make the mess, but something tells me he wouldn't do a very good job.

Link to external image

I'll admit I'm not a girly girl and I don't really like to get dressed up so I throw on the first things I see. To be honest I can't really remember much of the evening - people kept handing me drinks and it would have been rude to decline them.

I do remember laughing very hard with Jared about the whole glitter situation before.

Man my head hurts...

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (22/08/2016 at 00:13)

#10 20/08/2016 at 15:39

Fashion’Chatterbox

Name: Mitzie Campbell
Interests: Daniel, Luca, Tristan
Image:http://i63.tinypic.com/15nnhtt.png

Story

Last edited by SexyAnnie (21/08/2016 at 15:44)

#11 20/08/2016 at 21:17

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Interests: Chistoph and Daniel

Image:

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28072.jpg

Story:

I felt my face immediately redden as I readjusted my glasses and scrambled to pick up my books.

"I'm so sorry." I started to stammer, "Are you okay, did I break anything, did I..." my words were spilling out faster than I could keep track of them and I was sure that if the person I collided with didn't think I was complete mess beforehand that they'd surely think that now.

I could hear laughter and my face got even redder, making it very difficult for me to regain my composure, but after two quick deep breaths I managed to do just that. Finally looking up I was mortified to see both Christoph and Daniel.

Of course it's the only two guys I happen to like here. I thought. And of course they're both laughing.

But they weren't both laughing. Christoph was silent and looked as red faced as I felt.

"Well I'm pretty sure we both failed the first test of walking in the halls with other people." I said directly to Christoph in what I hoped was a confident voice. "Maybe we can study sometimes...together?" I added a beat later. And proceeded to wait for what felt like forever for his response hoping that I hadn't managed to embarrass myself even further...

Last edited by Dare (21/08/2016 at 01:29)

#12 21/08/2016 at 07:09

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

Interest: Christoph, Daniel

Image:
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28078.jpg

Story:

Even though Sydney had only just started at Clover Academy, she was taking her classes seriously. Earlier that morning, her English teacher had told the class that they would be required to write a research paper, and that it would count for 50 percent of the scores they would receive for that semester. So later that day, she headed straight to the Library. She already had her thesis in mind and was looking for material to use as her sources. Her paper would be called 'What A Writer Should Know' and she was looking for one particular book by Ima Ritter titled 'How To Write Well: And Get Your Point Across'. She had already gathered a few Periodicals and a couple of books, but still hadn't found the particular book she really wanted.

Sydney was beginning to worry she would never find the book by Ms. Ritter when her attention turned to two boys talking together; one was sitting on a table while the other boy was steadily working. The dark haired boy seemed to be doing most of the talking, and she hadn't seen him around until now, but he must have said something funny as an amused smirk crossed his face.

The other boy seemed a little irritated but gave the impression that he was trying to be patient. He was fair-haired and good looking, but the longer his patience seemed to be wearing thin, the more he seemed to tend to push his glasses in to place on his handsome face. This boy, Sydney had seen before. It had been on the first day of Orientation for the new class at the Academy, also a few less important specifics such as assignment of lockers, the location of the cafeteria, library, and the gymnasium, etc. had been touched on - completing the discussion. It was when Sydney went looking for her locker that she noticed a tall, attractive boy whose locker was beside her own. He looked a little indecisive, as if he wanted to say something, but then he just smiled at her which she returned with a kind smile back, then he pushed up his glasses and walked away. And now, here he was in the Library.

Sydney didn't think it would be a bad idea to wander around seemingly lost while she continued to look for her book which didn't seem quite as urgent now. When she looked over at the two boys again, she caught the dark haired boy playfully smacking the other one on the back, still with that smirk on his face. Then to her surprise, the boy with the glasses began to make his way over to her. 'Can I help you with anything', he asked as he again adjusted his glasses. 'By the way, my name is Christoph, but most people just call me Chris, and I kind of work here in my spare time'. Secretly pleased that he had noticed her, she told him the name of the author and the book she was looking for. Chris smiled and said, 'I think I know just where that book is; I'll get it for you.' About that time, the dark haired boy walked up to her and said, 'hello little lady, my name is Daniel, you can call me Dan; and hey, you look a little lost.' Being opinionated, Sydney took his statement as a little sarcastic, then again maybe he was just trying to be amusing. However, being used to being misunderstood by most people, Sydney felt the boy was insinuating she was a bit vague due to her long blond hair. 'What makes you think I'm lost' she replied, 'is it because I'm a blond?'

Dan looked somewhat insulted, and instantly Sydney felt badly for perhaps underestimating him. Just as she was about to apologize, Chris returned with the book she had been searching for. 'Thanks, oh, and my name is Sydney' she said to both boys. Then she looked at Chris 'but you can call me Syd'. She smiled and walked away leaving the library hoping she hadn't overly offended Dan and hadn't left too soon to get to know them, especially Chris.

Sydney glanced around one last time before she walked through the Library door, and saw both boys grinning. Perplexed, she felt unsure of herself. Then she remembered that one of the other boys, Tristan she thought was his name, had glued everyone's chairs so that they were all stuck to everyone's bottom. She felt around, and discovered that there was still some glue stuck to her new school uniform. Embarrassed, she headed through the door on her way to a gathering she had heard about that was organized by someone named Jared.

Last edited by MissMelinda (21/08/2016 at 11:47)

#13 22/08/2016 at 11:59

Totally’Fashion
Jadis
Place: The Half-light

I'm late, I'm late, I'm so *bleep*ing late OTL

Link to external image

Name: Dara Weir
Interests: Luca, Jared, Daniel

Story!

Last edited by Jadis (22/08/2016 at 16:20)

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/92/6c4aduaD_o.png

#14 22/08/2016 at 12:15

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

R3 CLOSES: Wednesday, noon, forum time

It's been a month since you arrived.

You've gotten a hang of how things work around here. You found out that Daniel basically knows everything since he's mum works as a secretary at the school. You found out that Christoph does all the paperwork around here as a part time job to pay some expenses, since his parents are not as well off as those of the others. You found out that Jaredwould rather chop his head off than allow someone to have a bad opinion of him, changing his skin as the opportunities come. You've found out that Luca does not communicate unless you ask him a very precise question – and even then the reply might be a blow of cigarette smoke in your face. You've also found out that the only reason why Tristan isn't kicked out of the school, although his pranks make the lives of everyone in the academy harder, is that his mother was the principal of it.

Funny how a month made the once confusing world clear enough to understand. Well, at least the basics.

And funny how once you knew how Tristan functioned you started to fear Halloween, even if the school organises a fancy and incredibly detailed Halloween party.

HALLOWEEN PARTY COSTUMES:
Christoph: Mad scientist
Luca: Luca (it's as scary as it sounds)
Daniel: Count Dracula – biker edition (not intended, but his helmet got stuck on his head so he improvised)
Jared: Adam (he was not allowed in until he put on his leaf tutu, complaining a lot about historical inaccuracy if he does that)
Tristan: nobody has seen him on one of these yet, usually he watches a disaster happen and afterwards comes to gloat (and get screamed off by his mum – which has absolutely no influence on him)...  but this time.. who knows?

The party will end with a blast!

A literal one.

All the balloons in the hall will snap and candy will fall out as Tristan lowers himself on a swing from the chandlier, singing Sia's Chandelier, dressed as Sia, ending with a nice and loud “Happy Halloween, peeps! No pranks for you – just fun times!”, getting an applause from the crowd.

He lied, however.

Once you exit the festival hall, you’ll notice he turned the whole school into a scary Haunted House – hiring all the circus haunted houses he could find.

Have fun on your way back to your room.

He most probably will.

ROUND REQUIREMENTS – HALLOWEEN EDITION

Name:
Halloween Outfit:
Story:
about what you want – the party or just random dialogues or, or, or...

PERSONAL TASKS AND SNIPPETS:

Freya

Mitzie

Kennedy

Sydney

You may post now!

*And yes, you can add on the story of previous rounds. Time is always a problem when writing - especially within 48 hours. Main thing is you post the form and the minimum.*

Last edited by Tonkolina (22/08/2016 at 16:25)

#15 22/08/2016 at 17:01

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Halloween Outfit:

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28113.jpg

Story: Of course this is the night I decide to try out my new contacts. I chastise myself as I try to speed up my eyes adjusting to the dark. This is also of course the night, that I wear the one thing I brought along with me that costs more than $20.

I can feel Tristan laughing at this whole scene from a distance, because if there's one thing I've learned here at Clover Academy, it's where there's trouble, there's Tristan.

Grimacing and squinting I try to get a feeling for my surroundings. There's a lot going on in the dark and I have the feeling that while some of it may be harmless fun, some of it's bound to get someone hurt. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, focusing on the negative isn't going to fix this situation...and neither is standing still.

It's now or never. I tell myself, immediately regretting that decision as I collide with the person in front of me.

"Kennedy?" The voice is hesitant, but I immediately recognize it as Daniel's.

"It could be anyone." I reply shakily.

"I'd know your collision course anywhere." He says with a laugh, "Remember, I watched you mow down Christoph...or was that the other way around.

I start to say something defensive when I hear people running behind me. When I notice that Daniel is looking in the exact opposite direction of safety I instinctively grab his hand and pull him towards a wall out of the path of runners.

"If you wanted to hold hands, you could have just said so. You didn't need to rescue me." He replies. I can almost imagine him smiling. "Let me return the favor, let me help you back to your room."

"Excuse me? Who's going to be helping who?" I ask with a small laugh.

"We'll call it 50/50." he replies.

I don't know why, but we're still holding hands.

It's a little better than the blind leading the blinder as we navigate our way through the corridors, me yelling out landmarks as I see them. Daniel claimed there was some sort of shortcut but it doesn't seem like it.

"We're passing the library."

"Great, that's where Christoph is. Maybe we can try getting this helmet off" he replies. I swear that I hear him say the word again but I don't push the matter.

The library looks deserted, but it's also darker than the other areas of the school. As I bump into a table I make a mental note to have my mother call Tristan's mother for a "talk". If he thinks he has pull because she's the principal, it's time he learns what kind of pull major donors have. I hate myself for the thought but this has to stop.

"Kennedy!" Daniel's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." I reply, and for the most part I am, the fabric of my dress took most of the impact.

Daniel and I both begin to call for Christoph, quietly at first and then louder when we realize it isn't working. At one point I suggest splitting up and it's only then that I realize Daniel is still holding my hand.

"Daniel?" Comes a voice from one of the stacks, not just a voice but Christoph's voice.

"Can we try the helmet?" Daniel asks as he finally lets go of my hand.

I watch Christoph stifle a laugh as the two of them struggle with the helmet.

"Maybe I can help." I say noticing an issue with one of the straps. "There, now try."

"You think we didn't try that?" Daniel asks tugging at the helmet, only to have it go tumbling out of his hands from the force.

"You're welcome." I respond.

"Thank you." Christoph says "I was starting to think I was going to need to find a way to feed him intravenously."

"It's no problem. He did half save me from the gym."

"Half save?" Christoph asked. "I have to hear this story, let me walk you back to your room."

"We'll both walk you back." Daniel pipes up. I'm not sure but he seems to be looking at me differently somehow.

The walk back to my room is fairly uneventful. Well as uneventful as it can be with haunted house performers in character and on the loose. I tell Christoph the story of how I literally ran into Daniel, and he tells me how it reminds him of some obscure comedy of errors he remembers reading. From his description it sounds like something I'd like and I tell him as much, prompting him to tell me he'll find it for me.

"Thanks." I tell the guys once we reach my door. Christoph promises to find me tomorrow with a book he offered to lend me and it's only then that I notice Daniel has been oddly silent the entire time.

"We should get going." Christoph says after an awkward pause and he and Daniel turn to walk away.

Fumbling in the folds of my dress for the pocket with my key. I almost don't hear Daniel back track.

"Hey Kennedy I forgot something." he says.

"What?" I ask looking around "If it's in the gym it's likely..."

My words are cut off my a brief peck on the lips.

It's awkward and unexpected and I swear Daniel is blushing and grinning before he runs to catch up with Christoph.

Despite how late it is, I dial the familiar number home. My call to my mother can wait, a call to my sister however cannot...

Last edited by Dare (22/08/2016 at 22:24)

#16 22/08/2016 at 19:46

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

Halloween Outfit:
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28125.jpg
Story:

Sydney turns in early and remains in her room on the night of the Halloween party. She doesn't celebrate the holiday anyway; neither she nor her family ever have.

Thinking now of her family, she realizes just how much she misses them. Maybe, she has made a mistake coming to the academy after all. It seems the most popular people are only there because of 'connections' rather than taking seriously all that the school has to offer, especially that prankster Tristan. Either that, or they are bored rich kids.

Again thinking of her family, Syd can't get to sleep, and without realizing it, tears are streaming down her cheeks. Perhaps, she should seriously think of returning home and attending a local college. Writing is more of a talent anyway; it really comes from within, not from a school with a prestigious, well-known respected by name academy.

Still restless, and now all hope of getting any sleep gone, Sydney decides to go to the library. Maybe a good book will take her mind off all her worries. One of them being how she reacted to Daniel's comment the first time she had met him. She knew she still owed him that apology and hoped there was someway she could make it up to him. But, that smirk on his face had really turned her off, and always being misunderstood and called a 'dumb blond' didn't help matters. Still, she felt badly and vowed to apologize the very next time she ran into him, that is if he would even accept it.

As she neared the library door, Chris was just exiting it;  looking slightly creepy with his neon-glowing “chemical” and doctor scrub costume. Chris noticed her distress, and she still had tears plastered to her face. He was kind not to mention it and offered to walk her back to her room; his glowing costume easily lighting the way. That was when they both heard a loud blast! Having spent the evening in her room, Sydney had no idea what was going on at the party and hadn't a clue as to what could have made such a frightening noise.

Chris just laughed it off as they continued on their way to her room. Halfway there, Syd noticed the creepy props and decorations making the hallways seem like a bad attempt at a haunted house. It seemed every where she looked there was only darkness, and that was the precise moment that they ran into Dan. Before anyone could say a word, Dan looked at her and screamed, 'ghost'! She was wearing a long, white flowing night gown and Chris's costume was casting an eerie light around her. She wondered if maybe there was 'something' in the punch everyone was drinking at the party when Dan turned back the way he had come from and ran as fast as his feet could carry him, still screaming, 'ghost'; it's a ghost'! Again, Syd, had lost her chance at making an apology to Dan, and she and Chris had just reached her bedroom door anyway.

To her surprise, Chris went suddenly pale in shock! Before Sydney could even thank him for walking with her, he too took off muttering something that sounded like, 'I forgot, I have to write an assignment for tomorrow'!

Maybe she wasn't the only one taking things a bit too seriously around here.

Last edited by MissMelinda (22/08/2016 at 19:53)

#17 22/08/2016 at 23:18

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

**Oops! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to not follow the rules! I thought you meant if you were wearing a skirt it had to be knee length, not that you had to wear a skirt. Sorry!

Halloween Costume:
Link to external image

Story:

September
I can't believe I have a detention after only being here for a week. A week! I mean, I was no angel at my last school but even I managed to get through the first term without having to stay behind. And all because of a stupid skirt, or rather, because I didn't have a stupid skirt. I'm sorry, but why do we still live in a world where it's acceptable for men to wear trousers but still force a girl into a skirt? They try to diminish the pay gap when really they should be concentrating on the smaller things, like clothing differences. Unbelievable!

I'm even more annoyed when I find out my detention is on a Saturday. At ridiculous o'clock I wander up to my tutor's office, still in a sleepy daze. I haven't a clue what I'm doing, I was just told to wrap up warm.

Link to external image

Fatigue suddenly leaves me as I push the door open, only to be greeted by Tristan grinning at me. "Nice to have a bit of company for once." Although I was relieved to see a friendly face, I knew I was going to have to keep my guard up all day.
"What you here for?" Stupid questions.
"Apparently some people don't like having their clothes switched for a smaller size?" he replies, winking. I inistantly know he's talking about Mitzie, and I can't help but grin a little. "How about you?"
"Not been wearing a skirt"
He rolls his eyes. "That's ridiculous"

Our tutor strolls in, looking as tired as I feel. He explains that we're going up to a local forest to help some kids plant some trees. I love children, but this really does sound boring.

Our tutor practically throws us out of the car, saying he'll be back for us in a couple of hours. Tristan looks at me, a cheeky gleam in his eye. "We could always ditch?"
"Nooo" I say, looking shocked. "It'll be nice to give something back to the community, you know. Planting trees is a great way to protect the environment for all the future generations." His cheeky look turns to one of surprise. "I'm kidding. But we do need to do this." Tristan returns my smile and we walk up to a little hut.

We're kitted out with boots and gloves and then taken to the kids. There's 16 of them altogether. We stand around for a bit whilst we listen to an old man's lecture on the importance of replacing trees and how they should be handled with care... I don't know, I kinda zoned out for a bit. I was too busy kicking dirt at Tristan's feet. After what feels like an eternity we're assigned our jobs. As the oldest ones there Tristan and I are the ones who carry the saplings and place them in the ground; all of the kids are either digging or covering the trees up.

And it really was as dull as it sounds.

We worked for a few hours before stopping for lunch. Tristan sat on the ground, clearly exhausted from hoisting trees back and forth and in desperate need of cheering up. Even I was fed up now. It was nice enough chatting to the kids as we work but I was so bored. I'm use to aching muscles from training but I can imagine how Tristan is feeling. We need to get out of here.

I wait until Tristan is looking directly at me, before winking at him and dramatically to the floor, eyes tightly shut. I hear Tristan shout for help and several strong arms picking me up. "I know she's diabetic, maybe it's something to do with that?" Tristan says, trying to sound innocent. So he knows what's going on.

An hour later and I'm getting out the shower. I do feel guilty about pretending to be ill just to get out of detention, but hey, they shouldn't have given me one for a stupid skirt.

A quick glance at my phone and I see a text from Tristan. "Nice one."

I make a mental note to always wear  a skirt to classes.

October
Although my parents sent me a little bit of money and I have my own savings I still can't really afford an amazing Halloween costume. But I did find this really nice devil outfit in a local charity shop which I think looks pretty good.

I stand at the balcony with Jared and Daniel, staring at the world beneath us. The hall looks amazing; the school has really outdone themselves. Daniel looks pretty good in his vampire costume (even with the biker helmet stuck on his head) but Jared wins. I can't seem to stop my eyes wandering down to his chest.

Suddenly there's a bang and my head snaps around to look over the balcony once more. All the balloons have popped and I stare in wonder as sweets rain from the sky. The students burst into applause, thinking it was all thanks to the tutors. But then Tristan appears, lowering himself from the ceiling. I continue watching as he lands safely on the ground, claiming that there were no pranks tonight. I hear Jared give a sigh of relief.

We head back downstairs to join the rest of the party. I'm eager to find Tristan and congratulate him on his little stunt.

I stay right until the end of the party, having too much fun dancing and chatting to even think about going home. In the end I only leave because the head announces the party's over. Jared offers to walk me home, stating that as it's past midnight he needs to make sure I get home okay, and I accept. At first I was grateful just to have some company but when I leave the hall I'm thankful for different reasons. It appears our resident prankster took it upon himself to redecorate.

"Christ almighty" I exclaim, looking out into the darkness looming before me. Jared remains silent. "You alright?" I say, turning to where I think he is.
"Yeah." He replies, quietly. "It's just, a bit dark..."
And of course, I'd taken so many photos my phone battery was too low to open the torch. Jared's was dead completely.
"Guess it's going to have to stay that way."
"Right, well you lead and I'll follow." he says, stuttering a little. "I should go at the back to make sure nothing creeps up on you."
I'm questioning his reasons but I not (although now I think about it I'm not sure why I did, he couldn't see me). Instinctively I grab his hand, ignoring the sweat, and lead him down the maze of corridors.

Chatting along the way we make it back without too many disasters. Jared nearly deafened me with a scream as the tip of my wing poked his forehead, I tripped several times on random items which had been left out, we ran a bit when we heard cackling (well, Jared more shoved me forward) and several people jumped out at us. But all in all we were okay.

Light floods the corridor as I open the door to my apartment. "That wasn't too bad." I say, but the look on Jared's pale face tells me otherwise.
"At least your safe." he whispers.
"Yeah, well, that's thanks to you."
We say our goodnights and he leaves. I immediately plug my phone in to charge, but start feeling bad. Jared was clearly terrified of being out there, and I'd just sent him back alone.

I sprint to the door, throwing it open. "Jared?" I shout. I hear a small scream, before Jared pops back into view. "I know it's not technically allowed, but do you want to stay on the couch?"
Colour rushes back to his face as he runs over, "Yes please!"

After fetching a blanket we chat for a while before Jared drifts off to sleep.

I go to my bed, although the night's excitement keeps me awake for a while.

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (25/08/2016 at 00:33)

#18 23/08/2016 at 03:10

Fashion’Chatterbox

Name: Mitzie Campbell
Halloween Outfit: http://i68.tinypic.com/1esw2s.png

Story

Personal Task

Last edited by SexyAnnie (24/08/2016 at 03:27)

#19 24/08/2016 at 12:00

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

R3 CLOSED

FINAL ROUND CLOSES: Friday, noon, forum time

And after two more months winter arrives.

You know how in every perfect story it snows on Christmas?

Well, tough break.

You get rain. Lots of it.

On Christmas morning it will rain so heavily that the garden and lower hall will be covered in water. Now, surely you bought rubber boots when you thought about going to a prestigious rich academy and not antelope heels. No? Yikes.

And while the Grand Charity Festivity was cancelled due to the flooding of the whole ballroom, you can still come to the common living room, sit next to the fireplace and enjoy the evening with a cup of hot cocoa or non-alcoholic punch. Jared mad sure to put all the Home Alone movies and let them play on repeat throughout the whole day.

We all know what happens a week later.

Luckily, everything dried out and while there is no snow this winter (climate change guys – I bet it'll snow in spring) the Charity ball was set on New Years Eve.

The Charity Ball is a huge event where you dress up as princes or princesses and mingle around with the schools sponsors. Some of those are your parents, some are potential business partners or employers in the future. So be at your best game.

At midnight all the doors to the balconies open and you can watch the beautiful fireworks (*coughs*contribute to climate change*coughs*). Just kidding.
Well, partially.

And this is where your adventure ends.

But where there's an end – there's always a new beginning, too. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

ROUND REQUIREMENTS

Name:
Charity Ball Outfit:
Story:
/vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png once again you write about what you'd like, wrap your stories up only to re-open them one day /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

PERSONAL TASKS AND SNIPPETS
As always, optional.

Kennedy & Sydney

Mitzie

Freya

You may post now!

Last edited by Tonkolina (25/08/2016 at 10:24)

#20 24/08/2016 at 20:31

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Charity Ball Outfit:
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28180.jpg

Story: "You're wearing that?" My sister asks as she sits on my bed across from where I'm standing and staring in the mirror.

"What's wrong with it?" I ask testily. I'd spent all afternoon at home carefully selecting this outfit.

"Nothing." She says with a smile. "You even managed to do something with your hair." She laughs. "Please tell me you're putting in your contacts though."

"No I'm not, the last time I wore those was Halloween and we both know what happened then..."

"Umm Daniel kissed you."

"I was referring to the situation with Tristan, the craziness."

"For someone so smart, you're super dumb sometimes." She responds shaking her head. "Even with your granny glasses you look beautiful."

As the night of the NYE ball approached I started to have second thoughts. Daniel had asked me to go with him, and I said yes, but as I stood there in my outfit I started to feel silly.

Could I call him and call it off?

I started to pick up the phone but then realized I was being silly; it was just a date.

Was it a date?

Before I could ask myself any more questions there was a gentle knock on my room door. Taking a deep breath I opened it and hoped for the best.

For several moments Daniel and I just stood there staring at each other. Had he always been this handsome?

"Hi." He said sheepishly.

"Hi." I responded, my voice higher than I anticipated.

"You look nice Kennedy." Came Christoph's voice from behind him.

"Beautiful in fact." Daniel said livening up.

"Thank you...both." I said, locking eyes with Daniel.

The three of us walked toward where the ball was being held, Christoph filling in the awkward silences of which there were far too many.

Once we entered the room it was like a switch flipped for both Daniel and I. I'd been to enough formal gatherings to know what was expected and knew how to project confidence; the same seemed true for Daniel and as such the two of us were able to at least pretend to be comfortable. After about an hour I realized I was no longer pretending. I even managed to meet his mother without incident.

"I think she liked me." I told Daniel once she was out of earshot.

"I know I like you." Daniel replied quietly.

"I like you too." I told him.

I really did like him.

Later on the balcony once the fireworks had ended I stood wrapped in Daniel's dinner jacket with a glass of apple cider. With the start of a new year, Daniel and I were prepared to start a new relationship...

#21 25/08/2016 at 00:48

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Charity Ball Outfit:
Link to external image

Story: Part of me is happy that the ball has been postponed. The idea of having to dress up all fancily doesn't really appeal to me. On the other hand, I'm kinda sad about it. I mean, I've read about the Charity Ball in the academy's brochure and it does sound like it'll be a wonderful night. So mixed feelings really.

The ball is the last thing on my mind when I wake up on Christmas. I rush to the window, hoping to see snow tumbling down from the sky. But no, it's still raining like it has done for the past week or so. Great. For some reason, as I watch the Heaven's open from above I begin to think about how much I miss my family. We may not have had the most extravagant Christmas' but they were family time, even my parents always managed to put aside their differences and enjoy Christmas together. We'd sit around the fire opening gifts, try not to laugh as Dad served a rather burnt Christmas dinner, and then heading outside to watch the fireworks. To other students here that would be nothing special, but for me so many magical memories have been made. And now I was alone.

Buzz buzz. I glance down at my phone, smiling as a text from Jared comes through. We'd spent a lot of time together recently. Not only had we been training together (he's also into his sport, though he's not as serious about it as I am) but just general hanging out. It's been nice.

I snap back into reality as I remember the text. It's an invitation, asking me to meet him in the canteen at two. I quickly text back telling him I'll be there, adding a winky face for effect.

I climb into the shower, and without really meaning to, think about what I'm going to wear.

Link to external image
Only an hour into chatting and drinking hot chocolate do I remember I actually have a present for Jared.
"Here." I say, handing him a small, neatly wrapped present. "Merry Christmas." He immediately takes the gift from my hands and rips back the red paper, the impatient side getting the better of him. Within seconds he's left holding a small black torch.
Although he's grinning his face reddens. "Seriously?"
"Yeah! It's practical, you never know when you might need it. I even supplied the batteries."
"Well, thank you very much." He chuckles softly before reaching into his own bag. "I actually have something for you too." He leans over and passes me a box wrapped in blue paper. My fingers stick to it as I reach for it. "Sorry, I had a bit of trouble with the tape." It's badly wrapped, but I'm touched. I honestly wasn't expecting something. I softly shake the box. "Come on, open it already." Although he's smiling I can tell he's eager for me to open it. Back at home we'd always play a game to see who could guess what was inside their present. We had a score board and everything.

I carefully peel back the paper only to be greeted with a leather box. Jared watched, practically on the edge of his seat as I open the box. "Oh my - " I stare in disbelief at the contents of the box - a beautiful pair of earings studded with what looked like diamonds. Real diamonds! They must have cost a fortune!
"I know you're not into jewellery and all that but I thought these would really bring out your - "
I lean across the table and throw my arms around him, gently planting a kiss on his cheek. "They're beautiful, thank you so so much!"

I'm pretty much speechless, so instead I reach up to my left ear to take out my earing. "Stop!" Jared shouts; I freeze. "I thought you could wear them to the NYE ball. I'm sure they'll go great with your dress."
I daren't tell him that I haven't even got a dress yet, instead acting pleased with the idea.
"Maybe it would be a good idea if we went together." He says, awkwardly avoiding my eyes. "That way I can see how they look on you."
I can't help but laugh at his roundabout method. "Did you just ask me on a date?"
Blushing once more Jared rubs the back of his neck. "Yeah... I guess I did."

Link to external image

After changing into something more comfortable I head over to the common living room. I've never actually seen the Home Alone films so I'm sure to get a good seat. Jared, Daniel and Tristan arrived a few moments later, armed with bags of snacks. I smile at them, although it's more aimed at Jared. I'm pretty sure Tristan picks up on this; he dumps his load on the nearest table before diving into the seat next to me. Jared looks over to me and shrugs as if to say 'what can you do?' Instead, he sits in an armchair close to me. Tristan laughs, perfectly aware of what he's done, whilst Daniel shakes his head completely confused. He sits by Kennedy. They look cute together.

"So..." Tristan says, leaning in close to me. "Have you and Jared had anymore sleepovers recently?" I sigh. This is only the millionth time he's asked me this since Halloween.
"No."
"Oh, well let me know if you're planning any. I think I'd like to come to the next one."
On the inside I'm reaching breaking point, but I try to keep my cool. "Remember how I got us out of doing an afternoon of planting trees?"
"Yup."
"And you said you owed me?"
"Yes."
"How about you stop going on about me and Jared."
"It should have been 'Jared and I'. That's proper English."
I glare at him and he realises he's pushing it now. Instead he sits back.

"Which one's your fave?"
"I'm sorry?"
"Which one's your fave Home Alone?" Tristan repeats.
"I haven't seen any of them..."
"You haven't seen any of them?" he exclaims, causing all the attention in the room to turn to us. Jared shifts uncomfortably in his chair. "I like the second one the best but I think you'll love the - "
"Tristan shut up!" I say, though I mean it more playfully than serious. "I'm trying to watch!" I shove a chocolate into his mouth for good measure.

As Jared and I go our separate ways I see a package lying outside my front door. I pick it up. Inside is a beautiful blue dress and a note simply reading 'Merry Christmas, love Mum and Dad xxx'

I stare around the hall in awe and wonder as I take in how amazingly it's been decorated. I stare around the room, studying what everyone is wearing; most dresses are a lot fancier than mine. But when I see Jared staring at me open mouthed I don't care that I'm significantly under dressed, I don't care that all the sponsors have accents that are too posh for me to understand, and I don't care that I trip on my skirt as I walk across the hall. All I care about is making sure I have a good time tonight. With Jared.

"Freya." he starts, stuttering a little as he speaks. "You look, incredible!"
"Thanks." I say, blushing a little. I wiggle my head, drawing attention to my ears.
"Nice earings." he says, laughing. "They really add to the outfit."
We stare at each other awkwardly for a moment, and for the first time since meeting we're speechless. "Drink?" he offers, lifting a bottle of Vodka slightly out of his blazer pocket.
"Sure." I reply; he knows me too well

"Ahh Miss. Stephens, pleasure to meet you. I've heard so much about you." Jared's mum says as she air kisses me.
"Yeah, it's nice to meet you too." Luckily I can understand what she's saying.
"Jared's been telling me that you want to go into the Olympics, is that so?"
I nod. "She trains a couple of hours every day mum."
"Well I have a friend who heavily influences who is picked for the team, perhaps I could have a word with her?"
"Oh my gosh yes please, that would be amazing!"
"Right well, I'll see what I can do. But for now I'd best go mingle with students who don't belong to me. You two have fun now."

Once his mum's walked away I turned to Jared. "She's lovely."
"Yeah she's not bad. Hey, are your parents here?"
I shake my head. "Not rich enough to be a sponsor."
"Oh, that's a shame. I wanted to meet them. Tell them what an incredible daughter they have." I can't tell if it's the alcohol talking or whether he truly means it, but I smile all the same.
"Well, all the more reason for you to visit me over the summer."

We spend hours and hours chatting, dancing and just generally having a good time. A few minutes before midnight we head out onto the balcony, wanting to be near the front to get the best views. I shiver as we wait, but Jared kindly takes his jacket off and wraps it around me.

Colours explode in the sky above us, each one dancing in it's own unique style. Many couple share a passionate kiss, but me and Jared (Jared and I) simply hold hands and stare up at the sky.

In the early hours of the morning, by some miracle we stumble back to my apartment. I thank Jared for an amazing night, before he leans forward and we finally have a magical moment.

After a while he gently pulls away to whisper in my ear. "You really do look beautiful in blue, you should wear it more often."
I brush his dark locks away from his own ear. "I often wear blue underwear."

We proceed inside my flat, ready for another 'sleepover'.

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (26/08/2016 at 01:29)

#22 25/08/2016 at 03:30

Fashion’Chatterbox

Name: Mitzie
Charity Ball Outfit:http://i68.tinypic.com/2e360l4.png
Story: TBA

#23 25/08/2016 at 15:53

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

Story:

It was that time of the year, and it occurred to Sydney how beautiful the academy would look all covered in crisp snow and icicles. Clover Academy was already beautiful in all it's splendor and architecture, but with just her luck it was raining, absolutely pouring buckets literally into the lower ground level of the school itself. Sydney found out the hard way that she should have brought rain boots, really good up-to-the-knees, rubber boots, as she sloshed her way through the slopping wet, slippery floors on her way to her locker. There, she found a posted memo informing everyone that the Grand Charity Festivity was cancelled due to the flooding of the whole ballroom. However, the festivity was rescheduled for New Year's Eve. 'Well, that makes sense', Syd muttered to herself as she knew just how important the Charity Festivity was to the school, students, and the entire community. It was such a grand event and attracted all the school's sponsors, the Local Elected Officials, and the Private Industry Council; all those who made a huge difference to the festival's success! Also, everyone's parents attendance was requested which made Sydney smile. She had missed her family entirely too much, but she was getting used to the idea of living away from home; she was growing up and the academy had made all the difference. But she wasn't too grown up to be excited about dressing up as a princess, which was the required dress code for the up-coming event!

Just as Sydney was heading to her room to do some extra studying, she noticed that Chris and Daniel were at the end of the hallway, apparently having a discussion that made Chris' face redden as if embarrassed. And he was pushing at his glasses as if back onto his face, that habit he had which made her think just how adorable he really was. In the past two months Sydney had seen very little of both Chris and Dan; she wondered if it had anything to do with Halloween night, and since then the boys seemed to have a slight dispute with each other. And Chris was always so silent and indecisive about everything, perhaps that was what was keeping him at a distance, also he was always hard at work in the Library which was mostly the only time she had seen him at all. But Dan, now he was a whole different character. And she was sure he disapproved of her, especially since she had never delivered that apology she owed him. And too, he had made a bit of a fool of himself when he thought he had seen a ghost and had ran off like the 'hounds of hell' were chasing along behind him. Syd wondered if he had really believed she was a ghost at all, or was he just trying to be funny.

As Sydney stood at her locker musing over her thoughts, she glanced over at the guys just as Dan gave Chris a push. Or rather a sharp elbow into the rib cage - at the same time he sent her a sulking look. 'Yeah', Syd thought, 'Dan was still not cool with her, and she knew it was reasonable since she had nearly snapped his head off.'

At that moment, Chris was making his way over to her. And this made her forget all about Dan.

'Hey Sydney, how's it going with you these days', Chris asked. 'I know we've not talked much lately, but I've just been so busy with school and work', he added without waiting for her to answer his question. 'I was wondering', he began again, 'if you would like to join Dan and me in the Common Room for a warm cup of cocoa this evening'? 'And, since the Charity Festival has been rescheduled', Chris continued, 'I thought it would be a nice way for all of us to catch up on things.'

'Sure', Sydney accepted, 'I think that sounds like a great idea'. Chris looked happy at her acceptance, but he seemed a little indecisive as if something else was on his mind that he really wanted to say. But then he smiled and started walking away only to look back over his shoulder to say, 'see you later then'. 'See you later', she replied with a smile. Secretly, Chris had intended to ask her to the Festival, but he hadn't been able to gather the courage to do so.

Later that evening, Sydney was dressed in one of her cutest outfits, and was on her way to meet with Chris and Dan and have that cup of cocoa. When she got to the Common Room door, Dan was standing there alone. Apparently, Chris hadn't gotten there yet; 'probably he was working late in the Library again', she thought. Suddenly, before either she nor Dan had spoken a word, something fell from the ceiling and plopped on her cheek. It turned out only to be a fake spider, probably left over from Tristan's Halloween pranks. But before she realized it, Syd jumped toward Dan grasping at him with fear only to see a genuine smile on his face rather than that smirk of a grin he usually wore. He flicked the fake spider from her face, and without either of them expecting it, Dan lowered his face to hers and kissed her softly on the lips. 'Dan', Syd stammered, 'I really owe you an apology'. She didn't know what else to say after what just happened, but Dan only cut her off and kissed her again; this time softer and longer, and she was kissing him back. After what seemed like an eternity, but was only less than a minute, both of them stepped back. Both of them were looking uncertain, and neither of them knew what to say to each other. Finally, breaking the silence, Dan said, 'ah, it looks like Chris isn't going to show up after all; he's probably lost track of the time working as usual'. 'True', Syd agreed, barely getting the single word out. 'Well, it's getting late anyway and I have some things to do myself; that cocoa has probably gotten cold', Dan continued. And without another word both of them turned away, each in separate directions heading to anywhere but there in the hallway. Neither of them had noticed that Chris had shown up stepping around the corner on his way to meet them only to see them kissing, and it was by no means a casual kiss. Chris stepped silently into the darkness of the hall knowing neither of them had seen him, and watched them walk away. He in turn did the same feeling both hurt and gullible at the same time.

The next day, Syd made her way to the Library. She had thought the room was empty when she entered until she heard someone having a discussion.

“Once again you’re giving me the I know what you did
stare,” Daniel noticed as he went through the pages of a random brochure he picked off the table.
“Because I do know what you did,” Chris pointed out with a side-grin, putting all the brochures Dan touches back onto their places.(Source from Personal Task, by Tonkolina)

This was all of the conversation Sydney heard as she quietly turned away and left the room. She didn't hear the rest of the discussion they were having; all she could think was that they were talking about the kiss. 'Dan must have confessed', she thought, 'they must be really angry with each other, and certainly Chris with me, and undoubtedly Dan also!' She didn't know whether to cry or laugh in hysterics, and certainly she felt responsible for breaking up a great friendship between the two boys. She felt horrible about it - not knowing that the guys had had a terrible argument between them which had almost come to blows. But what she didn't know was that Chris and Dan had agreed that they had known each other for far longer than either had known Sydney, and she didn't know that the boys had a long and painful discussion over what had happened between Dan, Chris's best friend, and Sydney, a girl Chris barely knew, but thought she was a sweet girl that he would have liked to have gone out with. Dan had apologized profusely, and genuinely meant it; he was almost in tears, and they were up the entire night finally deciding that their friendship meant too much to each of them to let the situation come between them. Dan knew what had happened wasn't the smartest thing he had ever done, and he couldn't let it continue if he wanted to remain friends with Chris. But, he couldn't blame it on Sydney either. It happened, and now it was in the past, hopefully to stay there.

So, Sydney never knew that the partial discussion she had overheard wasn't about the kiss at all!

A week had gone by since that night at the Common Living Room door, and Sydney hadn't seen or heard from either Chris nor Dan. And she was still aching from the memory of it. But it was the night of the Grand Charity Festival, and she intended to look beautiful, regardless! This wasn't going to be particularly easy for her since she didn't know what would happen if she ran into either of the boys. She knew she had intentionally avoided the Library, also she had been sick with a vicious cold and had remained in her room most of the time. However, she was going to the Festival, and she needed to get ready!

Charity Ball Outfit:
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28194.jpg

Sydney's parents had come to attend the Festival too; they wouldn't dream of missing it, and Syd was so elated to have them there! It had helped her to take her mind off the guilt she felt, and she knew it was a lesson she would remember for the rest of her life.

The Charity Festival went over beautifully and successfully which made everyone attending in a merry mood. Sydney, hadn't ran into either Chris or Dan after all, and she was relieved.

Then, at Midnight, all the doors to the balconies were opened for the fireworks show, and there was a crowd at every opening. Syd, squeezed in behind, standing on her toes trying to see around all the people. Everyone was having fun and enjoying the fireworks, all of them exclaiming with 'ooohs' and 'ahhhs' after each blast and rain of colors the fireworks gave off. Then, to her surprise, Syd, finally spotted Dan, and Dan was with a beautiful girl, whose name she thought was Kennedy. The couple seemed blissfully happy, and Sydney didn't know how she had missed that they had been a couple for months! Many of the students were dating by now, but it never occurred to her that Dan had been dating someone. She didn't know Kennedy very well, but thought she seemed a very sweet girl. Syd would have liked to have gotten to know her, and maybe even struck up a friendship with her. But she didn't dare even think of it now, as now she had someone else to feel guilty about. She knew she couldn't even approach Kennedy now, not knowing still how she felt about Dan, or even how she felt about Chris. Sydney was completely confused and felt sadly alone.

Just as Syd turned to leave, she still had to tell her parents goodbye, the fireworks suddenly ended with a booming blast. The show was over, and the room got quiet with awe. That was when she unexpectedly exploded with a loud sneeze, left over from her cold, and she could swear the sneeze boomeranged across the room with a tremendous echo. To her horror, she looked up and saw Dan covering his face; they had both sneezed at the same exact time. It hadn't been an echo at all, and Kennedy was looking at her and then back at Dan! Kennedy knew Dan hadn't been feeling well all week, but she hadn't seen or heard that anyone else had been feeling sick, not until now. Now she knew that Sydney had been sick also with the same cold.

All Sydney could do was turn to run from the room, and as she turned, there stood Chris, almost right behind her. How long had he been standing there and what was he thinking? This was a bad situation altogether, and a bad ending for the Grand Charity Festival for at least four people!

Last edited by MissMelinda (25/08/2016 at 21:03)

#24 26/08/2016 at 12:00

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

CONTEST CLOSED

Link to external image

Thank you for joining this contest and I hope you had fun!
I enjoyed reading your stories and creating this world so I hope you somehow enjoyed it, too.

I hate giving placement in writing contests because it's about style and your own preferences when writing/reading. That basically means, I choose according to what suits my style best.

Because, if we're real - there's no such thing as the best writer.
That's why the placements are in tiny letters!

So stay true to your style, even if it doesn't someone else!

Thank you once again for being a part of this!

The ones who didn't have time to finish, will have some next time.

Link to external image

Link to external image

Link to external image

Link to external image

And an extra one:

Usually I'd leave this thread open for a day more, so if someone wants to post an epilogue or comment to the contest, but I am not sure if that would go here /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png So I'll send a mod a message that the contest is closed and results are posted and let her decide if that would be okay or not for future reference /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Until she closes the contest now, however, you're allowed to post an epilogue or comment as far as I'm concerned. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png It is a part of the contest: /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

That would be all for part one :3

See you in part two:
The Return of the Exes (and a Cheating Boyfriend) /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png

Last edited by Tonkolina (26/08/2016 at 12:36)

Topic closed

Pages : 1