Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2

#1 14/10/2016 at 00:04

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

This contest is now closed.

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/37/moy/29531.jpg

Hexstrong academy, a leading magical school located in the northeastern United States is holding an annual open house in search of new students. Every student at Hexstrong conducts their studies under the mentorship of one of the senior teachers. Students are allowed to pick these mentors and mentors are allowed to say "no".

Having received an invitation to the open house it will be up to you to select the mentor you want to work with. Choose wisely as it will impact your time at Hexstrong. Note: A mentor can work with multiple students.

The mentors:

Madame Emphemere: Magical History

Dr. Bloom: Botany

Mistress Amone: Potions

Miss Gallagar: Charms

Madame Wordsworth: Bookbinding

Ready? Set. Go!

For round one you'll need to provide all of the following in addition to an image of your fashionista in what she's wearing for the open house. Your outfit should be suitable for a school setting (no exposed midriffs, short shorts, or super high heels) and age appropriate:

Name:
What brings you to Hexstrong (this can be as long as you want but should be at least 2 sentences):

Round one will last 72 hours (Sunday at 7pm EST/ 00.00 Forum time)

Winners will be announced after each round and banners awarded!

Last edited by Dare (26/10/2016 at 00:00)

#2 14/10/2016 at 13:39

SortOf'Fashion
emma121311

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/37/moy/29553.jpg
Name: Tanaka Sayuri (Tanaka being the family name)
Desired mentor: Dr. Bloom
What brings you to Hexstrong: Going to Hexstrong was never Sayuri's decision, it was her father's. And Sayuri will do anything her parents want her to do, as long as they keep their promise to let her become the heiress.

Call me boring, but I'd rather be pretty than being fashionable and outstanding.

#3 14/10/2016 at 16:58

Fashion’Newbie

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/luckyladycat/ichikoai39.png

Name: Theophila Jordan (or just Theo)

Desired mentor: Madame Wordsworth

What brings you to Hexstrong: Although centaurs are usually disgruntled about humans and witchcraft. Theo has always been fascinated with magic. And human stuffs. Quite the oddball. The chance to learn more about her two big obsessions, was too good to pass up. Even if she still isn't thought to be an adult by her people standards, she is more than mature to handle this challenge. Most of her knowledge comes from books, newspapers and magazines. So she is interested in Bookbinding. As book are awesome little things as far as she is concerned.

#4 14/10/2016 at 21:37

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Link to external image

Name: Felicity 'Flick' Apollo

Desired mentor: Mistress Amone (Potions)

What brings you to Hexstrong: If you speak to my current school they'd probably say I'm trouble. Well actually, my last school would probably say the same thing. And the one before that... but even if that's true it's only because the work is too easy. Other than that I'm well behaved. Well, that's assuming you don't speak to the girl down the road. She might tell you the story about how I set fire to her bin, but I an assure you that's not true.

What was the question again? Oh yeah, I basically want to come to the school because it's one of the best schools for studying potions, and that's honestly where I want to be going with me life. Plus I heard they have wicked parties.

#5 15/10/2016 at 02:37

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

https://s9.postimg.org/rersyporj/yukibana_haruna_2.png
Name: Iris Azure
Desired mentor: Madame Emphemere
What brings you to Hexstrong:
My family is not happy that I exchanged my armour for a school uniform. Although this half-seraph may bring shame to the family, I will never regret applying to Hexstrong Academy.

Plus, I believe that I must learn all of magical history to truly understand the world of the supernatural and immortal. I will never be a mundane girl who merely belongs to a normal school.

For once, I can step out from those stiff metal combat boots and store my sword away into its case.

#6 15/10/2016 at 12:39

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

Link to external image

Mala Malala
Desired mentor:
Miss Gallagar: Charms

I'm not a nice person but I'm a very honest person so maybe today will, too, be one of those days I say something insensitive. Get used to it.
I did.

I came here because my grandmother agreed to leave all her property to me when she finally kicks the bucket, if I humour her regarding this matter.
It's really not a complicated, noble or ambitious reason.

It's money.

Kaching.

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#7 16/10/2016 at 00:49

Fashion’Newbie

Link to external image

Name: Persephone Dean
Desired mentor: Mistress Amone
What brings you to Hexstrong:
Good question, I could say my passion for learning but that'd be a lie that my mother would tell me to say. Honestly freedom, the chance to be accepted, I grew up in a human town, every day I'd have to use a for-a-cha charm to change my form, to hide my skin and tail. I've never been able to just relax and be myself, even at home my parents were constantly breathing down my neck, "Persephone get good grades" "Persephone dress respectable you don't need to be drawing attention to us" "Persephone behave like the young lady you are". All my life I've never been allowed to be me, even my clothes were picked out by my mother, when I came down this morning with purple and pink hair I swear my mother nearly had a heart attack right in front of me it was SO funny. They were so mad she didn't talk to me all the way here just sulked that I flat out refused to go fo the hairdressers even though "she'd gone to so much effort to get me an emergency appointment" this is my time to discover myself, and if I happen to meet a couple of hotties and learn some magic along the way then why the heck not! As I watched them drive away I felt like purring as soon as they let us go into town I'm gonna use the credit card my grams gave me to buy a whole new waredrobe one I picked not my mum and finally get to be me, in a place I'm accepted for being who I want to be. I'm Peri Dean and this year is going to rock!

Last edited by Amunetta (16/10/2016 at 00:50)

#8 16/10/2016 at 03:05

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29618.jpg

Name: Lily Flora
Desired mentor: Dr. Bloom: Botany 
What brings you to Hexstrong: Lily has always loved plants and growing things. Both her mother and grandmother always have a garden every year. They know just when to plant herbs, flowers...you name it, and they can grow the most beautiful plant life! Luckily, Lily has inherited their 'green thumb'. Her father is a Master Chef and really wants her to go into the Culinary field. But, Lily is much more interested in Botany, and she especially wants to learn as much as she can about herbalism, medicinal benefits of plant life, and even grow her own botanical garden. She also knows that plants are valuable in nutrition, so she has convinced her dad that plants actually coincide with cooking and food...good food.

Dr. Bloom's down-to-earth personality and likability remind Lily of both her mother and grandmother. She would really love to learn from someone with so much knowledge in the field. And Lily just wants to put her heart into what has been a part of her life for as long as she can remember. She's ready to get started and put her hands in the dirt!

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/30283.jpg

#9 16/10/2016 at 19:10

Totally’Fashion
oedip

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29635.jpg
Name: Fatima
Desired mentor: Miss Gallagar (charms)
What brings you to Hexstrong : Fatima was born in Uruguay in a poor family. Since she was a child, she had a inner passion for the mystical aspects of life. When she was 16, she left her home and ran with a group of nomads and started to learn about magical arts. When she found about Hexstrong, she thoght it would be the best opportunity for her to learn more about her passion and to find a place where she fits, among other gifted persons.

Last edited by oedip (16/10/2016 at 19:10)

#10 16/10/2016 at 21:38

Totally’Fashion
dydy
Place: Lusaka Zambia

Name: Alaniah
Mentor: Madame Emphemere Magical History.
What brings me to hexstrong?:    To begin with i have always been inspired and driven to know more about who i am and where i come from. the past and History of my ancestors has always,to me  been riveting. Unlocking the mysteries of the unknown and understanding more of the fundamental attributes to what makes us who we are, is my calling.

What more can i say?, just that intuition tells me Madame Emphemere being my mentor feels right.  //photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29638.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Gu08TfD.gif

#11 17/10/2016 at 00:00

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Round 1 is now closed.

Round 1 winner

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29644.jpg

Round 2

It's your first week of classes at Hexstrong Academy and as new students everyone is given the same basic schedule. Your first lesson is in magical mishaps because mistakes can (and often do) happen even when magic is involved. Your instructor for the class, Mrs. Boppleschmop distractedly read out a spell and conjured up a lake, complete with a lake monster, instead of a plate of fresh latkes. Each of you is being given the chance to consult with your mentors on how to best defeat the monster (and maybe conjure up the intended tasty potato pancakes too), however it's your choice whether you listen to them or not.

Tanaka

Theo

Felicity

Iris

Mala

Persephone

Lily

Fatima

Alaniah

For this round please include the following:

Name:

How you attempted to defeat the monster (do not include whether you think you were successful or not that will be revealed in the next round):

An image of your character (this image should show your character as she faces the challenge):

You have until Wednesday at 00:00 forum time to post. A banner will be awarded for the winner.

Last edited by Dare (17/10/2016 at 02:18)

#12 17/10/2016 at 09:04

Totally’Fashion
oedip

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29651.jpg

Name: Fatima

Using a spell that allows her to breathe underwater, Fatima decides to go straight to the monster's lair, disguised as a water nymph. Insted of trying to defeat the monster, she uses her charms in order to tame the creature. She proposed that the monster can remain in the lake from the woods near Hexstrong, but with the one condition that he will never harm any of the students or the staff. The monster, charmed by the words of our nymph, agrees to protect the roundabouts as a sentinel of the woods.
Morale: In a world of magic, any mishaps can be turned into a more useful direction.  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#13 17/10/2016 at 10:06

SortOf'Fashion
emma121311

Name: Tanaka Sayuri

How you attempted to defeat the monster:

Sayuri was so embarrassed Dr. Bloom didn't want to be her mentor. Noone said anything, but Sayuri completely understood why. How couldn't she!

She should have smiled, nodded and faked enthusiasm in the interview, like she always did, and shouldn't have lost control and just busted out whatever in her mind because she was just so bitter with father's decision ("You're going to America. Headstrong Academy. Tomorrow").

Sayuri was used to father's arbitrary decisions. But "tomorrow"? She just couldn't hold it anymore.
Being a Tanaka is hard, there're rules to follow; you have to speak a certain way, act a certain way, and always have to thrive to live up to the family name. At the age of 4, whereas the other little girls were taken to the theme park, Sayuri was with her tutors learning etiquette, tea ceremony, archery and violin.

Raised to be a lady, but that time, Sayuri went against all the things she was taught: she was impulsive, and rude. And now she has to pay for it.

Listened to Madame Wordsworth advice, Sayuri went looking for some potion books. She found a recipe for a poison that could make people freezed only seconds after the poison went into bloodstream. It only took one drop to get the the job done.
"Nice!" Sayuri thought. "I can dip the arrow head into the poison and shoot the lake monster".

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29653.jpg

Call me boring, but I'd rather be pretty than being fashionable and outstanding.

#14 17/10/2016 at 11:59

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

Congratulations

Challenge Image: 

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29655.jpg

Story: How to attempt to defeat the monster.

It was just the first week of classes, and Lily was headed to her first lesson of the day. And she discovered quickly that Mrs. Boppleschmop, the class instructor, had her name and reputation for teaching Medical Mishaps for a reason...

The students assembled themselves with mixed feelings of interests as they listened to Mrs. Boppleschmop read off a spell that should have given them delightful potato pancakes. But due to her distraction, the room was frightfully filled with a lake that included it's very own monster!

"That doesn't look like potato pancakes in the least," whispered a girl standing beside Lily.

"That's one tremendous medical mishap; I'm absolutely certain," Lily assured the girl and herself.

Meanwhile, there was an emergency conference in the front of the classroom. Mrs. Boppleschmop had called forward all the Mentors. Then she dispersed the class to immediately leave the room until a solution could be found while she stood firm and held back the monster. As the room became empty, Mrs. Boppleschmop was last seen with her arms in the air toward the creature.

Lily headed straight for her Mentor., Dr. Bloom. She had been so happy to have gotten the doctor to accept her, and seemed eager to teach her more about Botany than Lily had ever thought of. And it was difficult to take it all in, but it was the most excited she had been in her life. Even knowing that Dr. Bloom was a much respected acquaintance, and also a contemporary of both her mother and grandmother to - Lily's delight - couldn't change her enthusiasm and determination!

Together, mentor and student, worked using all the herbs and flora in the doctor's mental and educated knowledge. Lily was going strictly by Dr. Bloom's instruction. She was pleasantly proud to use her experience helping the doctor with her own efficient skills.

And then, Dr. Bloom turned to Lily and gave her a chilling look, as if something of great and of special importance was to be considered.

"The plants are ready; we've done all we can
do...except, maybe...," the instructor left off and
took Lily to see something that made the girl gasp with
appreciation.

"It's some sort of Lily, isn't it?", Lily questioned.
"It's quite beautiful and so large for it's species."

"What do you think Lily? Should we use it in our plan?" Dr. Bloom questioned the girl, waiting for her response. "It's been growing for almost two months now, and it's already reached this size. I used a rare snake venom as one of the special ingredients in the fertilizer; it should backfire and cause temporary immobilization to the 'lake snake' or what looked like a snake that is, it looked reptilian". And there was something called Skullcap which induces sleep and other natural and extraordinary plants.

"Absolutely, we should use it!" And, Lily continued, "it's even a lily!

So the decision was decided, and the lily was grouped with the other special plants like a sort of potpourri only the lily was carefully set in the center with it's stem wrapped around and throughout the scented plants. Now there was only left the time to allow the lily to grow while feeding from the newly added concoction.

The plan was hoped to work within a few hours. They would take their botanical project and try to subdue the lake snake(at least that's what they decided to call it for now) long enough to capture it, and put it out of harms way...or back to wherever it came from in the first place.

Since they had to wait, Dr. Bloom decided it would be nice to have those potato pancakes after all. It would give them strength and clarity of mind, and calm much needed nerves. So she proceeded to make them and they were as delicious to eat as Lily was excited to try their plan. Lily had watched the doctor expertly using her culinary skills, which reminded her of her father. That's when she did the one thing that Dr. Bloom didn't realize; she added an extra touch of salt knowing her father would approve. He had taught her long ago that seasoning could ruin or make the dish, and a little extra salt went a long way.

After eating, and finishing preparations with their now even larger and now very purple plant, Dr. Bloom and Lily went to meet all the others. They hoped to pour the lily and potpourri into the lake to be absorbed by the snake monster.

'Would this work?' they both wondered quietly and simultaneously. And if not, hopefully someone had come up with something that would! And alas, there stood Mrs. Boppleschmop still just as they had left her, along with the lake and the monster. Her arms still in the air!

Last edited by MissMelinda (18/10/2016 at 01:46)

#15 17/10/2016 at 16:22

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Name: Flick Appollo

Challenge Appearance:
Link to external image

Writing:

"Level one, are you kidding me?" I shriek at Mistress Armone, anger present in my voice. I feel my usually pale cheeks flare as I give my mentor a long, hard stare. I thought she'd spoken to people from my last school; surely they must have told her about the potion I made when I turned Chris Hemming's skin blue, or when I successfully added a sleeping draught to all the school's yogurt. Surely that had to be above level one!
"Everyone needs to start somewhere." my mentor replies sternly.
"Well, what about that tailed girl, Pelly or whatever she's called. Why's she level three?"
"She appears to have more experience." Armone explains whilst exhaling loudly. "But if you complete independent research I'm sure you can find something."

I glare at her as she leaves the room, suddenly regretting asking her to be my mentor. The look is soon replaced by a grin, one some would call evil, as a plan begins to hatch in my mind.

I'll complete independent research. Then we'll see what level I'm at.

An hour later and for some strange reason the whole school has been evacuated due to sinkholes randomly opening up in the ground. Don't ask me, I was on my way to the library at the time. Which, is now conveniently empty. Meaning I, a first year, can enter the restricted section. Today's just full of coincidences!

Unsure what I'm exactly looking for I scan each and every book in the potions section, searching for a title that grabs my attention. I can semi see why this sections only for the older students - most of the titles are long and complicated and difficult for me to understand.

A few moments pass before voices bounce around the corridor. Realising I'm running out of time and don't want to let someone's distraction *cough* count for nothing I grab the next book I see and rush out of the rusted gates, leaving the restricted section behind me.

"Hey!" an old voice calls out beside me. "What were you doing in there?" Fearing the worst I turn around, but can't help laughing when I find merely the old caretaker standing before me.
"You mind your own business!" I shout, before sticking my tongue out and strutting off to my dorm.

It's later in the afternoon and I'm leaning against the wall opposite Armone's classroom. I tap my foot subconsciously; even though my plan is well thought out there's still a small part of me that's nervous. Small being the key word there.

As I glance down at my watch for the 100th time the bell rings marking the end of the lesson, and a wave of second year students move through the door. I study my mentor as she stuffs several documents into her bag before exiting. When she sees me she gives a small nod of acknowledgement but no towards are exchanged. Good. She's my mentor but that's only because of my passion for potions, it doesn't mean I have to like her.

When Armone's out of sight I make my move, striding swiftly into her classroom. It doesn't take me long to find what I need; the keys to Armone's stockroom were simply discarded at the far end of the slightly rotting table.

If she didn't want me to steal from her special supply she shouldn't make it so easy. That's what I was doing; the only decent potion in that book was a shrinking potion. Apparently it's really complicated to make, and it's such a high level potion because if you get it wrong and it produces a toxic gas impossible to stop spreading. But I'm good, so that won't happen.

I'd spent the past hour studying the list of ingredients:

Minced daisy roots
Peeled Shrivelfig
Sliced caterpillars
One rat spleen
A dash of leech juice
A splash of cowbane
Wormwood

I'd spent ages searching but only managed to find the daisy roots and the caterpillars. Now I don't know my way around the school yet but I'm pretty sure those ingredients are off limits. Hence why I needed the keys.

Sure enough when I get to the stockroom I find the remaining five ingredients easily enough, although I did knock over a bottle of wasp blood whilst reaching up to the top shelf, which just so happened to smash into a thousand tiny pieces. Worried the noise would attract unwanted attention and shove the needed ingredients, plus a few other interesting things I found, into my rucksack, lock the door and return the keys to their exact position on Armone's desk.

Piece of cake.

Wearing gloves to make sure none of the potion touches my skin (afterall, I don't want to shrink) I inject it into a dead fish. The instructions said for every wormwood leaf you put in, the potions effect was delayed by an hour. I put two in, meaning once the potion has finished brewing (which was the most boring five hours of my life by the way) I had two hours to administer it to the monster.

As soon as I'm dressed I head down to the lake; five in the morning is too early to be having breakfast.

A blue abyss stretches out before me, and I can't help but stare out to this beautiful site. That is, until almighty waves break out of the water as an ugly beast emerges from the depths below. For a moment I'm taken back by it's size but then my mind focuses back on the problem at hand.

I throw abuse at the monster, taunting it in attempt to get it to come onto the sand. It's eyes gleam when the beast sees the fish, and I'm sure this is what encourages him to come out. When I'm sure I have him I toss him the fish which he catches with one snap of his mouth. As he chews then swallows I glance down at my watch, startled to see that my time was almost up. If the two hours had already passed the potion would be useless, and I'd have an even bigger problem on my hands.

When I glance back up the monster has gone. I scan the horizon for signs of a breakthrough in the water but there is no evidence for the beast having submerged once more. A small squeak grabs my attention; looking down I see the monster - no bigger than a match stick - charging towards me. I can't help but laugh at it's attempts.

Bending down I pick up the monster, clasping it with two hands. I move towards the shoe box I'd already laid out on the sand. When I place the monster in the box he takes a bite at my finger, and although his teeth are small they sure are mighty. I sure hope it's not venomous...

I'd thought hard about how I'd actually kill the beast. I could opt for something quick, like stabbing it with a needle. But no, I wanted to set fire to him. Watch the flames flicker as his skin melts, hear is pathetic little cries.

But before I can do anything I open my eyes, finding myself to be back in my dorm. For a moment I'm confused, but then I realise it had all been a dream. I'd dreamt of what I was about to perform. A quick check of the time tells me the potion should be ready so I spring into action.

Time to prove that dreams really can come true.

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (19/10/2016 at 17:35)

#16 17/10/2016 at 16:33

Totally’Fashion
dydy
Place: Lusaka Zambia

Name: Alaniah
How I propose to defeat the Lake monster.
As history has taught us, myth and magic go hand in hand. History also reveals that the lake monster is of Gorgon origin. Aimed with such insightful information with thanks to Madame Empahemere.
Alaniah was able to suggest using of a transformation spell she leant from her grandmother, who made her swear an oath to use for nothing else but good and this seemed an absolute obtune moment. Conjuring up the transformation spell, Alaniah would transform into a beautiful mermaid, speckled in an illuminating glow.

With the new ability to breath under water and equipped with only a dagger, her wits and a recently discovered magic invocation, Alaniah would plunge to the depths of the lake in pursuit of the ruthless monster.

According to documented History a dark and murderously looking  abyss exsisted in the lakes depths. She would push on past to locate the cave like leir the monster resided in. Deep in a craves, the beast awaits…. emanating an illusion of peaceful beauty. Alaniah would expect to find herself been lured in a trans-like state. It would be a most taxing task to stay calm and concentrated, to not succumb to the beautiful enchanting trance the creature would have on her. It would take an enormous amount of mental agility to manoeuvre herself under the belly of the beast, where she  would jab a dagger deep within its belly.

By doing so, this would break the enchanting trance, revelling an absolute atrocious looking monster with gruesome deadly grey-brown tentacles. With all thoughts, clear now and no urge to stare into its eyes, Alaniah would have to dig deep within herself to swim on as fast as she can to the right centre tentacle, where she would have to invoke the magic spell intended. Now in her hand glows a magical mirror. As fast as she can, Alaniah would have to direct the reflection directly into the four oval shaped eyes under the inner part of the tentacle.

Miraculously and instantly turning the atrocious beast to stone.
Mentally and physically exhausted, Alaniah  without haste would have to come up with a solution to rid this atrocious stone figurine.
by then almosted all her magical ability would be depleted, Alianah would then have to conjure up an anti-gravity spell, allowing her to manoeuvre the heavy stone monster with not that much difficulty. Remembering the abyss, she saw earlier, she would ease the abomination deep within and releasing the gravity spell, sending it to a plummeting depth of no return.

The plan was now detailed to the tee and ready to go. only question now is would the Metors agree to such?

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29673.jpg

Last edited by dydy (17/10/2016 at 22:39)

https://i.imgur.com/Gu08TfD.gif

#17 17/10/2016 at 18:05

Fashion’Newbie

Name: Persephone "Peri" Dean

I looked back and forth between the book Madame Wordsworth gave me and the books I found from Mistress Amone's library the enormity of this choice struck me. But I knew what to do, although I like Madame Wordsworth I've done enough transforming for one life time.

As I gather the ingredients from the shelves I can't help but be nervous for my first solo potion amd choosing a level 3 spell to do it with was probably not my wises choice but from what I read its the one most likely to do the trick. I follow the instructions to the T not paying any attention to anything but the instruction page and the potion, one after another I pop the ingredients in watching the liquid bubble until suddenly it hits me *BOOM* I'm sent flying. As I lay looking at the ceiling waiting for the ringing in my ears to stop I go back through everything I've just read, trying to figure out where I went wrong. Did I miss an ingredient? Maybe I wasn't meant to stir it?

"Peri! Peri are you alright?" My eyes drift to Mistress Amone

"Sorry Mistress I must have gone wrong somewhere" I say still half dazed as I get to my feet. Mistress Amone looks over at the book and lets out a sharp laugh

"Peri you are doing fine, this looks good just try being a bit more careful and remember sometimes potions explode, it happens. And don't worry your hair will return to normal eventually."

I walk over to the mirror in the corner of the room wondering what she means. I can't help but laugh when I see myself, my hair going every which way, my shirt burnt I look a right mess but oh well at least I didn't screw up the potion.

I quickly get back to putting it together, once its done I use a turkey baster to get the liquid into a bottle and I'm done!

I look around, the rooms a mess, I'm a mess, but the potion is ready. *Sigh* Well at least if the potion doesn't work I'll be able to scare the monster off with my freakish hair. *zap* "ouch" or electrocute him with some of the static coming off me, thank god I decided to hide my whiskers this morning, explaining to mum and dad why they were singed would not have been easy. Moral of the story, always read everything before making a potion and always check for warning labels.

Link to external image

Last edited by Amunetta (17/10/2016 at 18:56)

#18 17/10/2016 at 22:22

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

Link to external image
tba

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#19 17/10/2016 at 22:44

Fashion’Newbie

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/luckyladycat/ichikoai41.png

Madame Wordsworth advice was most useful. Theo is so glad Madame Wordsworth took her in. Immediately Theo fetched the seven books with the sleeping spells. Some of the books were 200 pages long and would take a long time to read. At least the regular way. But she could skim them pretty quick. And that she did. On a first look Theo discarded three spells books. They had weird conditions, like one would take 16 years to take effect (and really the school couldn’t wait that long), or another that only worked on pure blue-bloods (Theo had no idea if the lake monster was a royal or not), and the last would knockout the caster alone (helpful only if she had insomnia).

But before she could read more carefully the remaining four books, Theo had school work to deal with. It was her first week of school, any school, and she was both excited and fearful. It was a completely new experience. She never been in a place with so many different people. So many humans and non-humans around. So many chances to make new friends. And to make a fool of herself. She felt like a foal tripping over her own legs. She just hoped, she didn’t actually do that. It would be beyond embarrassing; she hadn’t done so in decades.

The week was full with lessons and new concepts. Theo couldn’t be more trilled. But slowly, for her at least, she read through the four spell books. Theo was used to reading two pages a minute, or more. Still she carefully read the books, to make sure she picked the best spell for the case. On a second look, two spell books were put aside. One had a really good spell, but it was too advanced for Theo to cast, sadly. The other was too long to be practical, it would take twenty minutes of constant chanting to work. That left her with two sleeping spells. Both fast to cast and strong enough to subdued the lake monster. She only had to pick one of them. So, to be sure she re-read them again. That didn’t help her as much as she hoped. In the end Theo decided to flip a coin. Head, she would use the ever changing dreamer paradise spell. Tails, she would use the sleep like the beautiful dead spell. She flips the coin. Up it goes, and down it comes. The coin twirls a few times, before it lands. Tails. The sleep like the beautiful dead spell it is.

Choice made, Theo steeled herself to face the monster. Poor Mrs. Boppleschmop had been wresting the monster long enough, she must be so tired. Theo pick up the right spell book, the one with the bitten apple design, and an extra, a culinary spells book for Mrs. Boppleschmop. Then she gallops to the classroom turned lake room. Circling the room edges were the water is shallower, Theo searches for the monster. Soon enough, the sound of her hoofs hitting the water awake the lake being. Up it surges, straight at Theo. With no time to waste, the young centaur chants the sleeping spell from the book. It will only take four minutes. She just has to out run the monster and its tentacles. Galloping as fast as she can, without stopping the chant. Theo circles the lake room once more. Will the spell hold? Will Theo last long enough to cast it correctly? Theo hopes so.

Last edited by IchikoAi (19/10/2016 at 11:15)

#20 18/10/2016 at 21:57

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

https://s21.postimg.org/8vgbavzbr/yukibana_haruna.png

Name: Iris Azure

I know that following Madame Emphemere's advice would be best, since after it turns into a stone "sculpture"... well, it can't attack me, can it?

However, it would be a pain trying to get rid of a huge rock afterward. Plus, my wings weren't waterproof; it would be impossible for me to dive into the lake and finish off the monster.

My chances of defeating the monster was higher if it were on land. It couldn't see me quite well as its eyes were hidden with the tentacles.

Since it would be partially blind, I could slice off the tentacles easily. I was still a seraphim worthy to be on the battlefield.

Blood would splatter, of course, and... I guess it would be a good choice to turn it into stone then. I would know how to deal with a rock of smaller size.

My best bet would then be to let the stone sink into the bottom of the lake. If it revived later... well... I was the best I could do, following Madame Emphemere and using what I already knew...

Last edited by Yukibana-Haruna (18/10/2016 at 21:59)

#21 19/10/2016 at 23:31

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Round 2 is now closed.

Round 2 winners

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29758.jpg

Round 3

Many of you managed to handle the magical mishap with grace, although there were some spectacular failures as well. Mrs. Bobbleschmop eventually did get around to conjuring up those latkes for the class and with the exception of some randomly occurring sinkholes (and the gnome infestation that they caused) things on the Hexstrong campus have been fairly quiet...that is if you don't count the awakening of an ancient evil, a proposal from a smitten merman on literal shore leave...and one mentor refusing to help one of her students with the next lesson at all.

This week you'll be having your first flying lessons followed by a test because while there are other ways for witches to travel, all first year students are required to study the basics. Take this very seriously because failing a flight test can lead to flunking out.

Tanaka

Theo

Flick

Iris

Mala

Persephone

Lily

Fatima

Alaniah

Extra characters referenced in your individual stories

For this round please include the following:

Name:

How you prepared for your flight test and the first few minutes of it (do not include whether you passed or not that will be revealed in the next round):

An image of your character:

You have until Saturday at 00:00 forum time to post. A banner will be awarded for the winner.

#22 20/10/2016 at 10:44

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

Image:
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/29774.jpg

Flight Test:

So far things were working out well at the academy, and Dr. Bloom seemed as pleased as Lily was that she had passed the test with the Lake Monster. Even if her victory did turn out unexpectedly when the huge flower had apparently acquired a phenomenal power which neither Dr. Bloom nor Lily could have predicted! Unfortunately, it seemed one of the students wasn't as lucky; everyone was talking about it. And she'd been told that the student had tried some sort of weapon, but that hadn't been confirmed.

The talk stopped for the most part when odd things began lurking around the school. The sinkholes and gnome manifestations were bad enough, but there where whispers of an ancient evil having awakened, and some of the other students had strange problems and occurrences to deal with.

But when Dr. Bloom told Lily about the upcoming Flight Test, all the other happenings faded into the background. Dr. Bloom had told Lily that she already knew some things that would help her student pass the flight test, and she invited Lily to meet her in the school garden later that afternoon.

After lunch, and tidying up her notes from her morning classes, Lily decided it was time to meet Dr. Bloom. She had heard all day about the 'broom' flight test and how important it was to accomplish it...else it could mean flunking out of the school. And of all things, Lily was afraid of heights. 'Why couldn't we just learn teleportation or something with our feet on the ground? ...there's got to be more travel updates these days,' the girl thought to herself.

The garden was lovely and mysterious at the same time, Lily thought as she walked along it's paths. Or it could have been if not for all the holes and gnomes popping up from everywhere. Lily hated gnomes! It was like some people fearing clowns. Probably Stephen King's character Pennywise had a lot to do with that, who knows...

...BUMP...

"Oops sorry," said a pretty rose-haired girl, carrying a bouquet, of some sort, of yellow vicious looking flowers. She was a second year student and also mentored by Dr. Bloom; Lily had seen her around but didn't really know anything about her.

"No problem," Lily smiled at the girl. "Hi, I'm Lily, and it's good to meet you."

"I'm Rose, and good to meet you too," Rose responded. Then she leaned closer to Lily and said in a whisper, "You can't trust Dr. Bloom..."

"What are you talking about," Lily questioned, a little apprehensive of the girl now. But before Rose could explain her odd statement, one of her snapping yellow flowers bit her. And she ran off yelling..."Ouch! Infirmary...infirmary...it's bitten me again!" And she was gone.

Lily wanted to giggle, but Rose's words, rushed and in a whisper, had unsettled her. 'Imagine that,' she thought, 'and where in the world did such a statement of that sort come from?'

Continuing on to meet her Mentor, stepping, hopping, whatever it took to keep from stepping into a hole or tripping over a gnome, Lily finally reached a nice spot for seating an conversing. There were lots of trees, pine trees, cedar trees, and maples. And for some reason, there weren't any holes or any of those ugly gnomes. There was only a wrought iron trimmed bench and a few chairs overshadowed by an old weeping willow tree. On the bench and reading a book sat Dr. Bloom.

"I see you've made it," spoke the soft voice of the doctor. She probably spoke that way because it was very effective for talking to plants, and she did that until the plants actually seemed to shine with emotion.

Lily sat on the bench beside Dr. Bloom noticing that the doctor had a glass which appeared to be filled with wine. She waited for her instructor to close and put down her book.

"Well, you already know about the broom flight test, but I suppose you would like to know what this is about," stated the doctor as she picked up the short-stemmed glass. Lily only nodded her head not having any idea of what to say. Her instructor seemed suddenly eager to tell her student that the glass was actually a solution, or an herbal tincture. Lily knew about tinctures and such while working and learning alongside with her mother and grandmother.

"But," Dr. Bloom continued, "this one is made for the sole purpose of mixing with tree sap. You see, I have another one here", and she reached over for the other glass which Lily hadn't seen. It was a greenish color while the first one had been a brownish one. Then Dr. Bloom went on still excited to explain what she had in mind. She told Lily that mixing these solutions with various saps could just be the perfect way to pass her flight test. But Lily became concerned knowing from her family's experience with such things as mixing tree saps could be very dangerous. The side-effects could be devastating. And she recalled Rose's words about not trusting Dr. Bloom. Could the seemingly helpful instructor actually be trying to sabotage her own student? Then to the girl's amazement her instructor turned each glass, one at a time, up to her mouth and took a deep swallow of both.

"Nothing to worry about Lily, these are herbal and meant for human ingestion, and they are non-alchoholic...umm good for the digestive system," the doctor added. But it wasn't exactly the tinctures Lily was worried about; it was that Dr. Bloom had suggested mixing them with saps. And that was something else altogether. And Lily completely forgot that up until now her greatest fear about the flight test had been heights.

"But better than that," explained the mentor, "the batch we're going to make, if you choose to try it, will help you to better communicate with your broom and hopefully help you succeed with the test."

"So what do you say Lily; should we give it a try?"

Finally Lily was able to speak, and asked, "But the tree saps...," however she cut off her own words not wanting to say more.

"I suppose I'll have to try something Dr. Bloom," Lily gave in, not sure she really meant it. "I forgot to tell you; I'm afraid of heights."

But the doctor didn't seem to hear and pulled out a satchel filled with small containers and tightly fitting lids. "Let's get started collecting the saps, but be careful not to get any on your hands or getting any of the saps mixed together!"

Lily and her Mentor had worked all that day carefully mixing the tinctures with the saps. And now the day had come for the 'broom' Flight Test! They hadn't been able to test any of the solutions as they were rushed for time, and it was only now that they would even be considered ready. She still wasn't sure what she would do, even though she had agreed to Dr. Bloom's help. The ingredients had seemed odd and she had enough experience to realize it. But what if Rose had been wrong or even lied about their instructor? What if she was simply jealous; perhaps she had been 'teacher's pet', and wanted to put doubt in Lily's mind? After all, even her own flowers bit her! It was worth considering.

The Sports Arena was filled with students and brooms when Lily arrived. They were grouped in long rows of lines with open spaces between the lines. All of them were first-year students - all of them holding brooms - except for the academy's sport's representatives, the Head Principal, and a few second-year's helping with the many other tasks.

Most of the students seemed nervous, but some of them were visibly confident. Lily wasn't one of the confident ones. But there was no time to reflect on that. For now, she had to make the quickest decision she had ever made in her life. Then, as she thought on it, she knew Botany was her primary reason for coming to this academy. Not the stuff they taught in regular schools, but the things that were much more advanced. Maybe even some with a certain risk? And, Dr. Bloom had been her supportive-champion before Mrs. Bobbleschmop could severely reprimand Lily about the side-effect when the lake monster had turned into a giant stone statue in the last lesson. So the Mentor suggested the statue would be a nice addition to the garden, and the matter had been settled. So at the last minute, Lily turned away from the rest of the crowd and quickly drank the tincture. Then she took her place in line.

After a small session of how to 'take your broom for a flight', people were already passing the test, very few, attempting to pass the test - and finally managing to pass - barley by the literal skin of their teeth, and a few had failed. Lily was next to go and she still hadn't felt a single thing from her broom. There was mute communication, not even a vibe. Still, she had been practicing on the field just to see what she could do, and to get a feel of the broom. But she had never managed to make it fly. So if the potion didn't work this would be the time she would have to make it fly!

One of the Representatives walked up to her and simply nodded.

"Attention"
"Fly!"
He suddenly shouted!

Lily mounted the broom with grace, and that was when she felt an emotion from the broom...it was acceptance. She knew that together they knew what to do, and then she felt her feet lift from the ground. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. Then Lily began to switch her hands on the broom stick in order to give gentle directions as she communicated with it. But she couldn't quite seem to move her hands fast enough. She was fighting each time to release her hands, but she was mostly succeeding in confusing the broom. She was worried it would take insult! And then she noticed that her hands were sticky, sticky with sap, sap...really! Had the potion combined with her slightly sweating nervous palms as she waited for her turn? All she could think was hang on, and the sap would be inductive to that for sure, and she would simply let the broom feel her trust and reliance.

If she passed this test, it would be a miracle! "Why, oh why didn't I call my mom and gram before I got in this situation!?" she thought. And then she remembered her fear of heights...

Last edited by MissMelinda (20/10/2016 at 19:44)

#23 20/10/2016 at 22:29

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Name: Flick Appollo

Challenge Appearance:
Link to external image

Story:

I look at the gerbil, confused as it floats freely in the air. I look at the floor, realising my foot is tapping up and down. I look back at the gerbil, the floor, the gerbil, the floor. "Come on, make a decision." Neve says impatiently, staring at me. "I feel like I'm at a tennis match."

"I think I'm going to have to think about it"

Neve laughs in a slightly unkind manner. "Seriously? Think about it? I thought you were the rebel of the school."
"Yeah, well if I put so much as a toe out of line I won't even be part of the school anymore."
"Whatever" Neve says, flicking her blue hair off of her shoulder. "At the end of the day my offer of help expires." With that she sways out of the room, and I'm left with two thoughts swirling round my mind.

Do I play if safe and follow Amone's advice, or do I live life on the edge?

Whilst pulling weeds out of the flower bed I realise I'm not at all confident with flying. Knowing I need Neve's help I return to her as soon as I've finished my community service, and she agrees to help

Standing over my broom the next day I feel strangely confident. When we're told to mount our brooms I nibble the past quick, and feel myself floating upwards.

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (22/10/2016 at 15:50)

#24 21/10/2016 at 13:10

Fashion’Newbie

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/luckyladycat/ichikoai16_1.png

It was quite the quandary, on one hand Theo could gain human legs and lose her beautiful hoofs; on the others hand she could take the strange centaur offer and maybe gain wings. Either option had lots of cons and pros. Sure, Theo was fascinated with humans and their world, but not to the point to want to be one. She quite liked herself as she was. The time and effort she took to maintain her tail glossy, her fur silky and her hoofs shiny, would be waisted if gave up on her heritage. But Madame Wordsworth trusted this Fairy Godmother, and was aware of the sacrifice asked of her. While she knew absolutely nothing about the centaur that promised wings for her. She knew that for every exchange, there was a price. Human legs, the price was her centaur legs. But for wings what was the price? Thrusting a complete stranger? Oh! What to do?

Theo decided to take a long walk around the school campus. The casual walk would hopefully help her think. With an easy gait, she wondered through the gardens and nearby woods. Enjoying her strong horse legs, maybe for the last time. She saw her fellow classmates and their very human legs, even if not all were completely human. She saw birds taking flight with their wings. And she spied her seraphim classmate and her wings and very human legs. It didn’t help her at all. It only made Theo more conflicted. This walk was turning out to be more a chore than peaceful. She still hadn’t made up her mind. Then she ran into the centaur from before.

“Oh!” Theo said. “Hello again.”

“Well are you coming or not?” The older centaur with black hair asked.

“Wait! I not going with you anywhere! I don’t even know who you are!” Answered Theo.

“That’s not important. I know how to give you wings without losing your centaur legs. Come now!”

Alarmed Theo dashed away from the odd centaur. She just felt that she couldn’t trust the pushy centaur. So she galloped to her safe haven, the library. There she hides behind a few bookshelves. She felt like crying, but it wouldn’t help her at all. She had made her decision. She couldn’t back down. Uplifted, she went to find her mentor, Madame Wordsworth. She had less than a week to learn how to use human’s legs and to fly. There was a test to pass.

Madame Wordsworth was easy to find; she was only a few shelves away. She looked resigned, but comprehensive toward Theo’s choice. She led Theo to the Fairy Godmother. The transformation process was not painless. A shearing pain ripped through Theo while her centaur legs disappeared and two human legs appeared. Then soon enough, Theo stood in two shaking human legs.

“Now I only have to learn to use these.” Theo tried to laugh. Before she collapsed on the floor.

“Oh, dear! Do not worry, you will get the hang of them quickly. You will see.” Comforted the Fairy Godmother.

Madame Wordsworth gave her a thin smile, and helped Theo up. The clock was ticking, there was no time to waist.

Theo dived into the flying lessons with great vigor. And the human legs lessons too. First she learned to walk normally and then to run or fly. Nonetheless she didn’t give up. She worked hard the rest of the week till the test. And she felt confident that she would be at least average on the test.

Picking up her training broom stick, Theo walk to the test area. She flung one leg over the broom, set her legs in a leaping motion and got ready. She was going to take the test by its horns. With a soft motion, she was airborne. Slowly she began the obstacle course laid up by the school. Gaining a bit more confidence, she speeded up a bit. And almost fell of her broom on a tight corner. Recovering swiftly, she holds on tighter to her broom and carries on. Did her sacrifice pay off? Did all that pain and work be worth it? Will she pass?

#25 21/10/2016 at 14:26

Fashion’Newbie

Link to external image
Okay so don't get me wrong I'm up for trying anything but as a feline I must say flying is not my favourite thing. I love to climb and be up high but not at the expense of not being able to safely land on my feet. Which by the way is why I've decided to have my tail and bottom paws out, if I fall from my broom my tail will be able to hold on to something and I always land on my feet but my paws have way more padding then my humans tutsies. And even though Mistress Amone taught me how to make this potion herself I'm I still decided on wearing my for-a-cha charm just in case I'm up really high, fall and need to transform into a bird.

Although Neves suggestion was good and flying had its appeal, too many things could go wrong on the day, plus I couldn’t figure out how I was meant to keep the broom up if I was the one physically doing the flying. I got very confused, and even though it is harder I figured the only way I’ll get good at potions is if I do the hard stuff, at the end of the day if something goes wrong at least I’ve tried and can only improve, if I take the easy road then I’ll never really learn.

I will admit I was nervous as I put the potion on the broom I was terrified it wouldn’t fly but as if by magic, well it was magic but still, the broom hovered without any issue, I mounted carefully making sure I was comfortable before kicking off. As I got up high I was holding my breath each movement started off a bit shaky but as soon as I managed to find my centre and confidence the shakiness went and my flying started to go smoothly.

Last edited by Amunetta (21/10/2016 at 19:11)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2