Pages : 1

#1 11/04/2018 at 17:20

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

CONTEST CLOSED
Banners coming.

https://i.imgur.com/unF1bQX.png

Hello, I’m Tonks and I’ll be the host of this story-writing contest.
This contest is inspired with the anime My Hero Academia. While characters and plot will not be the same, the world you’ll be in is.

Let’s start, shall we?.

RULES
- 72 hours per round
- edit and non-edit
- 1 main character per person (whose appearance should more or less stay the same along the way)
- casting + 4 rounds, each ending at 20:00 forum time and next one posted within four hours (after reading what you've written and preparing individual rounds)
- read the requirements
- no matter how repetitive always read the requirements
- read the requirements
- min: 100 words
- max: the sky is the limit

You see a flyer in the air and in the next moment you’re reading what’s on it. It seems the Hero Academy is holding try-outs. Now, if  you’re  the Hero we’re looking for you get all fired up for the upcoming fierce competition.

Because it’s your chance to become a Hero.

Now, who is a Hero? Those are people that have been born with a certain power – called “quirk” and therefore can do something extraordinary.

In this universe, quirks are quite common so only the most amazing quirks and brave people who yield it get into this place and have a chance of becoming a Hero.

Quirks are hereditary (meaning your mum’s and dad’s genes mix and give you the quirk you have) and they have a wide range of really cool or just freakishly weird ‘skills’ or simply physical mutations.

Some examples of silly and not so silly quirks are:
four arms
producing duct-tape from your skin
fire
ice
telekinesis for small objects
turning into a frog
etc

Main thing is, that you and your quirk can lead you to success.

So, do you think you are fit to become a Hero?

FORM:

Name:
Quirk: you can pick it on your own or contact me, just don’t go waaaaay over the top /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png
Traits: virtues and flaws (at least three from both)
Dream:
Fear:
Face claim: imagine what your character would look like in real life and find a public person that would match her looks (celebrity, model or alike) For example: Your character is Elenor and you imagine her looking like... Lucy Lu... Please spoiler the image
Story: whatever you like: how you ended up here, in the try-outs, your background, a nice intro into your personality, I like it all, just let me get to know you
Outfits: your every day outfit

+ if you want to be blood-related or/and on friendly-terms with some characters or/and be involved in making them contact me asap

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND CHARACTERS

Going OOC – Lucifer rule

TO BE ADDED IN R1
https://i.imgur.com/V48qzYl.png
https://i.imgur.com/OzfYCCa.png
https://i.imgur.com/CLWUVvq.png

James

Aidan

Draco

Gin

Rose

Just Ice

Neil

Jake

Eric

Last edited by Tonkolina (26/04/2018 at 22:32)

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#2 11/04/2018 at 18:05

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋
Place: Netherlands

https://imgur.com/jeVdS2e.png
Name Faylie Adams
Age 17

Quirk Manipulation of time

Traits
Virtues- Adventurous, Athletic, Confident, Playful, Witty, Girly-girl
Flaws- Easily bored, Irresponsible, Stubborn, Tactless, Hypocrite

Dream Snowboarding down the Highest mountain of the world.
Fear Becoming her boring brother or being paralized both on number one...hmmm and also afraid of clowns.

Face claim Bridget Satterlee

https://image.ibb.co/d72dCS/Fayli_outfit_1.png
Story

Intro

Chapter 1-When time can't get you out of trouble

~<3~

Last edited by NinaJones (18/04/2018 at 19:58)

#3 12/04/2018 at 03:09

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Face Claim: Haley Kioko

Name: Noah Lynch

Quirk: Hallucikinesis (the ability to manipulate illusions, According to http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Illusion_Manipulation "User can create, shape and manipulate illusions, causing targets to see, hear, touch, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist or cause them to perceive things differently from what they truly are. Some users can create complex and detailed worlds, others may be able to only alter the way they or the target are perceived.")

Traits: Virtues Outgoing, Open-minded,Intelligent Flaws Manipulative.Impatient, Impulsive

Dream: World domination...seriously

Fear: Clowns

Story: The words Hero Academy immediately caught my eye because they felt presumptutious, as if everyone with a quirk had to want to be some sort of Goody Two shoes savior type. Obviously they existed, they seemed to be everywhere, especially lately. But I wasn't one of them. And no school was going to turn me into one. But I'd have been stupid to ignore the possibilities of what the school could give me: allies, henchmen, and of course a chance to learn how to better control my hallucikinesis which wasn't nearly as strong or as consistent as I knew it could be. This opportunity could be the chance I didn't even know I was looking for...and I wasn't about to let anyone tell me that I wasn't getting in.

Outfits: //photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/55/moy/43895.jpg

#4 12/04/2018 at 06:51

Fashion’Newbie

I was taking a break from entering anymore contests, but I'm changing my mind... /modules/forum/img/smilies/fou rire.gif Also I almost chose Hayley Kiyoko as my face claim.

Name: Maya Shields

Quirk: The ability to dodge any attacks.

Traits: Optimistic, Flexible (emotionally), Courageous, Determined | Clumsy, Stubborn, Hesitant, Naive.

Dreams: Graduating the academy to become a hero.

Fear: Being poisoned, unpredictability, and if the Earth turned out to be flat.

Face Claim: Chloe Bennet

Spoiler Click to display

Story: Initially, Maya did not want to become a hero, despite the obsessive nagging from her parents and friends to try out for the academy. Feelings of self-doubt made her unsure if she was cut out to be one. She wasn't strong enough or fast enough as her peers, and it was only when her unique quirk allowed her to be, did she excel in those areas. Out of her group of friends, she was the most clumsy. She would be the first to knock things over, trip over her own feet, or carelessly bump into people without meaning to. But if anyone were to attack her, her body would move on it's own, quickly turning or twisting, dodging out of harm's way with ease. She could be blindfolded or asleep, and her quirk would protect her anyway...

One day she successfully stopped a criminal on the loose while walking home from school. It was then when she realized she could make her town a safer place by becoming a hero, and so she decided to enter the academy.

Outfits: //photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/55/moy/43902.jpg

#5 12/04/2018 at 14:53

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

Let's see how it goes with me now...

Name: Nayla Reed

Quirk: fire breathing

Traits: always sleepy, messy, good-mannered, positive, hardly anything can excite her, has trouble existing in cold, hides her real opinions, mostly doesn't seem to care, lacks ambition

Dream: turn into a real dragon

Fear: deep water

Face claim: Maggie Lindemann

Spoiler Click to display

Story: The biggest issue Nayla's parents have with her is that they worry that she's going to sleep through her whole life, missing on opportunities. Her quirk manifested quite early on her life, setting few bushes and a house on fire and ever since she was seven she claims that she's dragon in the making and basically half-reptile. And she grew up to be that person who always half-sleeps in a class so it's miracle that she's actually getting good grades.
Her taking tryouts to the academy is actually a pressure from her parents. Giving that she's not completely capable of controlling her quirk (more flammable stuff can confirm), it is more seen as a formal training in control, even if it's an opportunity itself.

https://i.imgur.com/Z1WQcix.png

Extra: Dinner time

Last edited by Siri (14/04/2018 at 17:26)

#6 14/04/2018 at 19:44

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

ROUND 1 CLOSES: 17th April, 20:00

You’re at the try-outs – in the final round of them and you see your judge - the amazing Just Ice - a hero who is an inspiration to so many!

Next to you there are some other people. They are your competition but also your future possible co-workers. Maybe you’ve noticed their quirks in the previous selection round, maybe not. You were probably busy trying to pass it yourself.

https://i.imgur.com/OzfYCCa.png

James

Aidan

Draco

Gin

Rose

Just Ice

Neil

Jake

Now, the final selection isn’t necessarily an elimination one, but a skill-based one. They are judging your bravery, your strength and your reactions in dangerous situations. You’ll be attacked by specially designed robots and you’ll be disabling them or just wrecking them in order to collect points – they are the enemy. You’ll also notice neon yellow ceramic piggy-banks lying around the enemies – those are the victims you’re supposed to save. They are very fragile and very heavy because they are full of coins. Treat them with care – just as you’d treat a living being.

Surprisingly enough all of you pass. Some with more serious, some with less serious injuries. You’re taken care of medically and given a week to pack your belongings and transfer to the apartments the institute has given you.

As soon as you get there, you’re starting with trainings. The best Hero of the world – Just Ice, will be teaching you and making you train – he will destroy you. You will be in so much pain after the trainings, that you might even need help to get out of bed, It’s just muscle fever, though. It’ll pass.

What might be even less appreciated will be the biology and chemistry lessons, you’re all obligated to take – because guess what – you’re mutated, you should know precisely in which way your cells react and to what.

Breakfast and lunch are served in the cafeteria and you take care of your own dinner.  You’re all sharing a common room with a kitchen and a lounge area, with rooms of your own.

This round has a time span of three months (June, July, August). All of which your characters will be mainly focused on honing their skills and getting to know others.

EVENTS

- Aidan’s birthday party, July – A big event nobody misses on
- end of August:1st assessment - testing the results of your training in a simulation environment: shipwreck

ROUND REQUIREMENTS
- story about getting to know people, testings, etc
- outfit for your trainings
- state your interests

First Impressions - Join us for pancakes - DONE

Last edited by Tonkolina (16/04/2018 at 00:06)

#7 14/04/2018 at 22:02

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Name Faylie Adams
Age 17

Interest Just Ice, Aidan, Jake, Neil
https://image.ibb.co/nnqzU7/Fayli_outfits_round_2.png
Party, Training

Story

Chapter 2- Try outs

Chapter 3- Pancakes

Chapter 4- Party

Chapter 5- Do it again& again

Chapter 6- Shipwreck

~<3~

Last edited by NinaJones (19/04/2018 at 20:54)

#8 14/04/2018 at 23:10

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

Nayla Reed
18, fire breathing

https://i.imgur.com/YJXXr9D.png

Interests: Draco, Gin, Neil

In order to...

Removing the rust

Sleeping Beauty

Headshot!

Hidden notes for...

done

Last edited by Siri (19/04/2018 at 02:38)

#9 15/04/2018 at 01:38

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Quirk: Hallucikinesis

Interests: James, Neil, Jake

New School, same stuff (mostly)

Aidan's birthday party

Training

Last edited by Dare (15/04/2018 at 03:14)

#10 15/04/2018 at 03:28

Fashion’Newbie

Round One

Name: Maya Shields | Age: 18 | Quirk: Evasion (Can only dodge physical attacks)

Training Outfit:

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/55/moy/43990.jpg

Story - DONE:

Hero Academy

Interests:

Spoiler Click to display

Last edited by Ladylovelylocks (17/04/2018 at 02:54)

#11 17/04/2018 at 23:00

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

ROUND II CLOSES: 20th April, 20:00 GMT

Round time span: September, October, November

Whoosh!

That’s the sound of the last few months passing without you even realising it happened. You may not realise it anymore, but you’ve been there for three months already and progress is visible.

That’s why you’re allowed to enter the Quirk Olympics end of November.

This is one major event in the now quirk-teeming world. More than 100 contestants from hero academies all over the country participate and only a few make it this far.
This event is even more important because it allows sponsors and future mentors to see you in action. Believe it or not – some are in for the job not because of fame but because of money. Being a hero is a very profitable business.
If you’re good at it, that is.

First the Olympics start off with a race, which is quite dangerous and involves fighting off the same robots from your try-outs, passing the crumbling rocks like Legolas does in Hobbit (Super Mario style) and running over a sound-mine field. No worries, while the mines aren’t explosions, they produce a loud blast and a surge of air to knock you off your feet.

The first 21 continue into the next round of the competition – a team based take the flag competition. You’re divided into groups of three and the goal is to get as many flags as you can – only the first four teams go into the finals.

The first 7 form their groups, among them were some of your colleagues:
Draco and Rose (they just made a force field around them, little did they know it meant they had to be in separate teams after)
James (he located all the bombs, went around them and for the crumbing rocks, he had some bats from a nearby cave help him out)
Eric (he has been given a chance of applying for the academy if he gets into the top 21 in the Olympics, so he’s making the most out of it)

Eric

First were all winners chosen by a randomizer. After that I planned around so it would make sense. I only made sure that each one of you is in one group and one of your interests, so no hard feelings, there just has to be a winner in the Olympics. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png Oh, I also watched who was on time, so it's a bonus, too. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png
Blue team
Nayla
Draco – leader (he’ll place Nayla next to the flag to burn whoever approaches, Gin will run around collecting flags and he’ll make sure everyone is too afraid to come close to their flag)
Gin

Red team
Maya
Rose – leader (she found it’d be useful to give the flag to the girl who can dodge the attacks, put her in a force field and get the man who can exit and enter her force field freely to collect other flags)
Neil

Green team
Noah
James – leader (he chose you guys based on your abilities, which he found most advantageous in this game)
Jake

Orange team
Faylie (you were warned by Justice not to meddle with the results of the Olympics – you’re free to use your quirk for everything but changing the outcome)
Aidan
Eric – leader (since Aidan was very friendly with him before the task was given, he just turned to him and asked to team up, same with Faylie, with a smile he asked if she’d join in, he’s not much of a bossy person so he’ll suggest you all throw in ideas)

Since Draco and Rose came in first their flag is worth the most and everyone will try and get it.
In the end two of your teams go through to the next round, battle round:

Team Green (steals Blue Team’s flag – Jake turns into Gin and takes the flag with ease) and Team Red (steals Orange Team’s flag; Neil /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png ).

Others go into the audience and observe the battles. The goal is to either immobilise or make your opponent get outside of the battle field. Pairs and winners selected by randomiser, then I added somewhat of explanations.

Rose vs Jake  Rose wins (she just made a force field blast before he manages anything)
James vs Neil  Neil wins (he pulls Neil into the ground and thus imobilises him and makes him surrender)
Noah vs Maya  Noah wins (Maya has no idea where the field ends because of Noah’s illusions)

The final battle is between three people: Rose, Neil and Nayla.

With one attack of a force field, Nayla is sent out of the lines of the battle field. Neil, however, is grinning inside of the field. Rose is grinning, too.

Now the questions is just if Neil can keep up with the changes of molecular structure in Rose’s force field.
He endures for quite some time, but she manages to surprise him and force him out of the battle field.

Rose is the champion.

After the Olympics a warp gate appears and a the scariest villain of all Decay along with a dozen more of them step outside and give you a warning of an upcoming war.
He leaves with a smile.
And with Rose lying unconscious on the ground.

EVENTS:
- September: simulation exercises
- October: Halloween party, Aidan organises it
- November: Quirk Olympics

ROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- outfit for the Olympics in your teams colour
- story about the Olympics and anything else you’d like to include
- state your interests for this round

Dare; Noah

Ladylovelylocks; Maya

Siri; Nayla

NinaJones; Faylie

[/b]

Last edited by Tonkolina (20/04/2018 at 15:32)

#12 18/04/2018 at 00:12

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

Nayla Reed

https://i.imgur.com/XWEpcvI.png

Interests: Draco, Gin (if there's enough... might not be)

Last warm days

Activity drop

Taking part in...

done

Last edited by Siri (21/04/2018 at 19:32)

#13 18/04/2018 at 04:47

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Halloween Party

Quirk Olympics

R2 done

Last edited by Dare (19/04/2018 at 00:34)

#14 18/04/2018 at 06:14

Fashion’Newbie

Round Two

Name: Maya Shields | Age: 18 | Quirk: Evasion (Can only dodge physical attacks)

Olympic Outfit:

https://i.imgur.com/zVqQZkp.png

Story - Olympics, Training, and War for Justice - DONE

Interests: Rose, Eric, Neil

Last edited by Ladylovelylocks (20/04/2018 at 07:50)

#15 18/04/2018 at 16:22

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Name Faylie Adams
Age 17

Interest Just Ice, Aidan, Jake, Neil, Eric
https://image.ibb.co/dUjt7S/Fayli_outfits_round_3.png
Haloween- Jesterina, Olympic

Story

Chapter 7- Simulation

Chapter 8- Extra training& revenge

Chapter 9- Haloween

Chapter 10- Olympic

Round 1 Done, Round 2 TBA

Last edited by NinaJones (20/04/2018 at 19:10)

#16 20/04/2018 at 19:49

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

Posting the round a bit earlier, because I am no longer at home.

ROUND III CLOSES: 23rd April, 20:00 GMT

Round time span: December, January, February, March

While you're painfully aware of what happened, it's time to focus back on becoming a hero before fighting a hero's battle.

It's time for your field work. After the Olympics some heros have offered to mentor you and you'll be going and learning how to handle real situations with them.

First, however, you have to design your costume and think of a hero name. The academy will pay for the expenses of the costume, but you have to carefully think how you'd like it to look and which materials to use.

James – Ecchoo
Aidan - Starfish
Draco – Thorn
Gin - Ginius
Rose - Bubble
Neil – Scatter
Jake - Mirror
Eric – 2in1

Then after that milestone has been reached, Flippers, a famous heroine of the navy –posesses echolocation as well as all prerequisities for fast swimming - and Steelix, the hero who manages the biggest villain jail, located on the Antarctic – posseses the ability to solidify his body as well as create and manipulate steel -  made an offer to mentor you all for a month. You'll be travelling to this jail with Flippers and then you'll all stay for a month. You'll be divided into two crews, one under Flippers command, the other under Steelix's, but you'll be travelling together and sleeping together in the same space. Just Ice will be with you the whole time.

Flippers
James
Gin
Nayla
Aidan
Faylie

Steelix
Neil
Draco
Rose
Maya
Noah
Jake
Eric

While you're there the Villain League tries to break into the prison and break out some dangerous villains. It's chaos and heros are trying to fight them off. Some villains do manage to escape, but the majority is stopped by you.

You witness an epic battle between Decay and Justice.

Decay gets severy wounded and the villains escape while they still have the upper hand.

Justice lives enough to see them leave but succumbs to his wounds.

It's an empty victory.

If one can call it a victory at all.

EVENTS:
- December: Christmas, NYE
- January: finding a hero costume and hero name
- February: mentorship, attack on the jail
- March: return back home

ROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- outfit: your hero costume
- your hero name
- story about mentorship, attack and other events you deem worthy

Dare; Noah

Lovelyladylocks; Maya

Siri; Nayla

Last edited by Tonkolina (22/04/2018 at 15:00)

#17 20/04/2018 at 20:28

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

Nayla Reed

Hero name:
Dracarys

Interests: Draco, Gin

https://i.imgur.com/SMCyiVl.png

Absolute worst

Phone call

Personal space violated

Silent witness

done

Last edited by Siri (24/04/2018 at 07:03)

#18 22/04/2018 at 04:29

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Round 3 done /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Christmas

NYE

Hero name

Mentorship/attack on the jail

Returning home

#19 23/04/2018 at 18:23

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

x

#20 24/04/2018 at 00:07

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

FINAL ROUND CLOSES: 26th April, 20:00  GMT

Round time span: April, May, June

You honour Justice's death along with the rest of the country. His funeral is one of the most attended events the country has ever seen.

But after that you have got your own duties.

Your basic training has finished and the ceremony for the end of the year is held. You are given medailles for your hard work during the jail attack.
You're also given quite a sum of money.

After that you have a month to go visit your family and „rest“.

Trainings and any kind of improvement are from now own your own obligation.

You strive to become a hero, don't you?.

After witnessing all what you've witnessed, are you sure you're up for it?

EVENTS
April: funeral
May: ceremony
June: vacation

ROUND REQUIREMENTS
- outfit for the funeral, outfit for the festive ceremony (formal wear)
- wrap up your story for this year, the story continues next year /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

IMPRESSIONS

Dare; Noah

Siri; Nayla

Last edited by Tonkolina (24/04/2018 at 16:40)

#21 24/04/2018 at 03:46

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

Nayla Reed

https://i.imgur.com/vAtFzbc.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/yAsjYcF.png

Black is not my color

Survival award

Home, sweet home

done

Last edited by Siri (26/04/2018 at 18:59)

#22 24/04/2018 at 20:43

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Final round completed /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Interests: Jake

Funeral

Festivities

Moving Forward

Last edited by Dare (25/04/2018 at 15:19)

#23 26/04/2018 at 23:26

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

CONTEST CLOSED

This contest is now officially closed.

Thank you all for joining and a special thanks to those who survived until the end. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png
I hope you had fun, because I enjoyed reading the stories. :3

There is a small banner as a thank you for joining and a "to be continued" feeling along with it.

If you click on the banner, you'll be redirected to a song on youtube. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

RESULTS

https://i.imgur.com/lybjm4K.png

In the back of his mind there's a lingering worry, which he's trying to press under all the happy smiles and chats. But his hands are tied and it's not his life or decision to make - so, he grabs a handful of blueberries and pokes them into the pancake batter carefully, he spells out a word or better two and snaps a photo before he sends it to a person, whose contact shows Cheshire cat grinning proudly. The photo travels to where she is and the simple take care blueberried in it as well.

https://i.imgur.com/TioC7u9.png

It's not an earth-shattering moment or a surge of emotions that overwhelm him. No, he's not that kind of a guy. It's a subtle thought that grazes each one of his daydreams in a form of a breath that just seems to have a bit more of a "spark" to it. Then there's a quick glimpse of the shape of her lips, which seem to tease the train of his thoughts in another direction than the one initially planned. He's that kind of a guy. One which knows that the subtle sometimes isn't subtle at all.

https://i.imgur.com/UBxoJTn.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/UyoJ92i.png

Thank you once again!

And see you soon? Maybe.

Topic closed

Pages : 1