Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1

#1 13/06/2019 at 18:51

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

A message from Admin...

Hello 'Nistas,

Following different problems concerning the photos of stars, we would like to apologize for the resulting loss. Your outfits in the original photos were not able to be saved, which created a wave of reactions from the community, which we completely understand. The memories that you collected were erased, and we are sincerely sorry.

The only possible solution was, as we indicated here, to regenerate the entirety of the photos. There is no possibility to go back and we cannot technically restore your photos.

However, we would like to offer you the possibility to retake for free the entirety of your photos starting Friday, June 14 and this until Monday, July 15. You can thus, personalize the appearance of your 'Nista for each of your photos for free.

Additionally, we are offering you 20 photo papers for your future photos!

Again, please excuse us for this issue.

Have a nice day on LAF!

https://i.imgur.com/lhvWJ85.png

#2 13/06/2019 at 18:53

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

This is awesome, thanks so much for following up on this

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#3 13/06/2019 at 19:56

SortOf'Fashion
Feeikless

I just wish we would have more than a month to do so
We can change the makeup 5 times right?
So if you wanna change yor makeup for every outfit than you can’t do more than 150

You let your game die, why don’t you at least let the players change the pictures they took whenever they want...

Beemov pisses me off

https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14115/moy/11291336.jpg   https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14115/moy/11291334.jpg   https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14115/moy/11291335.jpg

#4 13/06/2019 at 21:19

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

well technically I don't change my make up for every photo I take. You could make a group of photos you could use similar make up with and do all of those before you change your make up to do a new group of photos. Some looks you may wear masks or big hats, oversized hair where your make up isn't even a huge factor. Also, lol until you said it I thought I had read that it would be this weekend only. A month seems a fair amount of time to me. However I don't have probably nearly as many photos as other people so my response may be a bit biased. At least they didn't just leave us high and dry.

#5 13/06/2019 at 21:26

Almost'Fashion
AmbeeFox
Dun dun dun
Place: Florida

This is nice for those who are upset over their star photos being "regenerated" but for me I personally don't really care. since, lets face it you only take the photo for the stars outfit.

#6 13/06/2019 at 22:36

Fashion’Newbie

Moderator, this is not the original post, the original post was made 2 hours before this one & had 2 comments one of which was mine pointing out an error in the link provided by the 'admin'. You must have noticed this & instead of transferring the 2 comments that were made under that post you deleted them & made a new post. Something must have happened behind the scenes at Beemov where a dodgy link was included in a post & pictures of stars deleted. Ma bimbo has been around for a long time why are these mistakes happening now after it has been announced the updates wouldn't be regular? My comment was deleted as if I had done something wrong when I just pointed out an error which is suspicious because it's unusual.

Last edited by Tasselle (13/06/2019 at 22:45)

#7 13/06/2019 at 22:40

Fashion’Plus
Virgilia

Are you kidding me? You have reverted all of our celebrity photos.. from the annals of time.. to whatever outfit we are wearing currently.. as if we kept that ensemble for.. years?! Did I giveth permission for this atrocity?

The only reason I bother with the star photos is to have a record of the creations I put together, which are entirely stupidity-intensive considering the many challenges of this site's basic functions.. so d'accord, you would Thanos the only purpose I had for staying on this game. At least MCL has figured out layering clothing & giving storylines.

Brilliant, all, as always. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

#8 13/06/2019 at 22:55

SortOf'Fashion
Feeikless

BambiFoxx wrote

well technically I don't change my make up for every photo I take. You could make a group of photos you could use similar make up with and do all of those before you change your make up to do a new group of photos. Some looks you may wear masks or big hats, oversized hair where your make up isn't even a huge factor. Also, lol until you said it I thought I had read that it would be this weekend only. A month seems a fair amount of time to me. However I don't have probably nearly as many photos as other people so my response may be a bit biased. At least they didn't just leave us high and dry.

I don't really care on the english server since i don't have many photos.

But the french server as been on since 2009 or so. Many players had 399 photos taken.

And the point of the album was not to make 399 in a month... it was used (at least on the french server) to keep track of your progress over the years and to show others the outfits you were doing.

I did take a look of other player's albums often and I'm not the only one.

It is actually years of memories for some players, this is why the situation is so upseting to most.

And it's just one of the many dumb things they made this year...

But why are we surprised x'D

https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14115/moy/11291336.jpg   https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14115/moy/11291334.jpg   https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14115/moy/11291335.jpg

#9 13/06/2019 at 23:00

EmmyAna

Tasselle wrote

Moderator, this is not the original post, the original post was made 2 hours before this one & had 2 comments one of which was mine pointing out an error in the link provided by the 'admin'. You must have noticed this & instead of transferring the 2 comments that were made under that post you deleted them & made a new post. Something must have happened behind the scenes at Beemov where a dodgy link was included in a post & pictures of stars deleted. Ma bimbo has been around for a long time why are these mistakes happening now after it has been announced the updates wouldn't be regular? My comment was deleted as if I had done something wrong when I just pointed out an error which is suspicious because it's unusual.

Actually...
You made 1 comment and the other was MINE. Nothing was dodgy. Admin forgot to fill in the link space and the placeholder (xxx) was posted. Since I'm a Mod, I can't edit an Admin's post so I had to create a new announcement. In other words, your post wasn't deleted. I had to move the entire thread.

Here is what you said:

Tasselle wrote

I noticed some of my stars pictures was missing & the images of the current star photos I now have seems to have changed my outfit to my current one. But that's not the problem with this post. It seems Beemov's website has been hacked because the link in this post is to an x rated website. How can this be reported?

Edit: I've checked the french version & they seem to have the right link but there's still something wrong with this post. Hopefully the link would be corrected.

I didn't quote that post because the link (now that it's fixed) in the announcement leads to the post from yesterday which explains your first paragraph. By creating a new announcement, I remedied your second paragraph.

The next time you have a question, feel free to ask me. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#10 13/06/2019 at 23:11

Fashion’Newbie

Thanks, I have experienced similar things on other games & game administrators always encourage players to be observant when there is something unusual. I still think this is odd.

#11 13/06/2019 at 23:24

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

This is really something that should be sent out as a message to all players. Additionally there should be something that includes what time this starts on Friday since it's currently after midnight in Europe (and by extension officially Friday June 14th) and I took a test retake and was charged for it. I would presume that knowing they were going to do this that they could automate the start and end time.

Last edited by Dare (13/06/2019 at 23:28)

#12 13/06/2019 at 23:25

EmmyAna

Tasselle wrote

Thanks, I have experienced similar things on other games & game administrators always encourage players to be observant when there is something unusual. I still think this is odd.

You're welcome.

Whenever you see something wrong, please feel free to post in the forum and/or send an inbox message. Just know that if you do something wrong, I wouldn't mistreat you by deleting your message without giving you an explanation.

#13 13/06/2019 at 23:27

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Dare wrote

This is really something that should be sent out as a message to all players.

agreed.. some people may not bother to browse every category in the forums and may not know they can retake their photos. Some may not even know that their photos have been replaced in the first place...

Last edited by BambiFoxx (13/06/2019 at 23:27)

#14 13/06/2019 at 23:29

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

BambiFoxx wrote

Dare wrote

This is really something that should be sent out as a message to all players.

agreed.. some people may not bother to browse every category in the forums and may not know they can retake their photos. Some may not even know that their photos have been replaced in the first place...

I had no idea this was an issue until I came to the forums since new stars haven't been released for Steampunk and I have all of the already released ones.

#15 13/06/2019 at 23:30

EmmyAna

Dare wrote

This is really something that should be sent out as a message to all players. Additionally there should be something that includes what time this starts on Friday since it's currently after midnight in Europe (and by extension officially Friday June 14th) and I took a test retake and was charged for it. I would presume that knowing they were going to do this that they could automate the start and end time.

I've passed your message suggestion on to Admin. I think that's a great idea!

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming that the "Redo the Picture" price sign will be different when the picture is actually free. I'm expecting it to start at midnight forum time.

#16 13/06/2019 at 23:33

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

EmmyAna wrote

Dare wrote

I've passed your message suggestion on to Admin. I think that's a great idea!

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming that the "Redo the Picture" price sign will be different when the picture is actually free. I'm expecting it to start at midnight forum time.

Thanks /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

You make a good point in noting that the price sign will likely change. I have nothing to spend FD off right now unless they released more steampunk clothes so the 750FD price was a small gamble.

#17 14/06/2019 at 00:07

EmmyAna

I wouldn't try a Redo until the price sign changes. It's past midnight on both platforms now.

#18 14/06/2019 at 00:14

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

EmmyAna wrote

I wouldn't try a Redo until the price sign changes. It's past midnight on both platforms now.

I actually just tried again and it's still charging so you're right about needing to wait for a price change.

#19 14/06/2019 at 04:00

Almost'Fashion
JazziStar

I'm very saddened by this.  I enjoyed looking at not only my past history and the changes I've made with my fashionista, but also other player's transitions and creativeness in outfits too.  Although this is exactly what happened when Finland's server was shut down, and all the celebrity photos history was not transferred over to another server, IF it was even possible to transfer the account.  I guess this is the risk we all take when playing these games.  I appreciate the compensation.  Thank you. 

If there's any advice I could give to other players, is that for the remaining creations you have, whether it be outfits or decor, take screenshots!! That's what I'll be doing for now on.

#20 14/06/2019 at 04:04

Fashion’Power
Pascussa
They're talkin' 'bout a revolution, it sounds like a whisper
Place: Santiasko

Thanks for this. Although I cannot say this solution diminishes the awfully big mistake, it does mitigate the disappointment many players felt. Now, I'm not sure if a month is enough time or not (I guess those who had already completed their album would like to have more time) but perhaps if many players need it we can ask for an extension of the deadline when the time comes.

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/50/gd/39733.jpg

#21 14/06/2019 at 04:28

Fashion'SuperHero
LucyHeartfilia
Open gate of the golden bull! Taurus!
Place: at Fairy Tail Guild

I wish they would have sent out a message to every player about it. And as of my post, it is still not fixed and still charging to retake the photos. My character has changed a lot. My outfits have changed a lot. I like to look back every so often to see what I've come up with since we cannot keep every outfit we've ever made in our closet. I'm really disappointed in this. Yes I've come a long way to get my character to max level and have all the star photos, but this kind of makes me want to stop playing at this time. Sure, the game won't have as many updates as it used to. But as company you still have an obligation to keep the website up and running and functioning properly until you decide to completely shut down and delete the game.
I understand this has nothing to do with administrators or moderators, and sadly they're only the bearers of the bad news. I'm thankful you've taken lots of time to explain everything to us and listen/read all of our concerns on this matter.

Link to external image
Banner made by the awesome Esorium.

http://www.mycandylove.com/profil/varsityangelbhs

#22 14/06/2019 at 08:21

Fashion’Chatterbox
michty

I have 284 pictures :
284 : 30 = 9,5
How can I remake 10 pictures by day ???
10 outfits / haird styles  by day !!  /modules/forum/img/smilies/hein.gif
If you have a little respect for the players, you should offer a year of free pictures, not a month!

In addition it is useless to redo the photos since the outfits change in the album when we change outfit! (page 2...)

Last edited by michty (14/06/2019 at 08:26)

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/76/moy/60128.jpg

#23 14/06/2019 at 09:06

Fashion’Talker
Sapho
Place: Amore amore lieto disonore

michty wrote

If you have a little respect for the players, you should offer a year of free pictures, not a month!

Well, don't hold your breath. My guess is...
they won't BEE MOVED

https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14462/moy/11569068.jpg

#24 18/06/2019 at 19:35

EmmyAna

I didn't want the comments from the Funeral Thread to be lost...

Saby-chan wrote

So there's no chance for getting back our old galleries? That means 3 years of outfits gone to waste./vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png To me the gallery was both a place to admire the stars' cartoon reinterpretations made by the designers, but also a place to stock a memory of every outfit my fashionista wore (that's why she had a different outfit in each picture) and I liked to revisit trough these photos the different outfits I used in the past. /modules/forum/img/smilies/sniff.gif

Sapho wrote

We all did that, Saby-chan. We used it as a trip to Memory Lane, a personal Gallery, an exciting and regular  challenge to adapt our style to each different star...It is much like losing years of photo albums with no negatives or back up in real life; It HURTS. And it was such a needless blunder. They ought to give us a proper, heart felt apology. I don't care about the cost of all those photos( combined, that represents a lot). It is like the game is erasing itself.

Ellin wrote

Wearing black indeed. It's like this game wants me to completely cross over to Love Nikki.

lunalulu wrote

Edit: I found out what was the issue...oh my gosh my gallery looks so bland and boring now.

Im confused.. Can someone explain?

Topic closed

Pages : 1