Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3

#1 08/12/2019 at 23:47

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Round 2 is now closed. Round 3 is open.

Welcome to the Kensington Finishing School. The year is 1795 and Kensington is the place to be for aristocratic young women (or those who can convince others they are) about to take their place in society. However this school (like so many others) is not without its secrets and while the ladies who attend learn the art of decorum, they’re also schooled in something much more useful: deceit.

An IMPORTANT note about story length; please read before you do anything else

An important note about judging: Story writing contests are notoriously difficult to judge and so in addition to two winners for each round (best story and best dressed), there will be participation banners for each participant who stays with the contest for all 5 rounds. All banners will be uploaded after the final round. Additionally, the winners in each round will receive a bonus going into the next round.

To keep scoring transparent, the best story winner will be awarded 10 points for the round. The best dressed winner will be awarded 5 points for the round per outfiit. All other contestants will receive 5 points for their story and 3 points per outfit for their looks.

Basic Rules

One entry per participant with a consistent look and personality throughout the contest (any major alterations e.g. hair color change must be explained in the story in some way e.g. you don't have to detail the process of dying your hair but another character should notice it).

This contest is 5 rounds, every round will last 72 hours

The contest is both edit and non-edit

Please keep my characters as I wrote them. Most of us know Tonk's Lucifer rule, it's a great one, please follow it. If at any point you break this rule I reserve the right to 1) dock 10 points from your final score and 2) retcon your story as necessary to reverse any out of character behavior.

Tonk's Lucifer Rule

PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

Round 1 requirements

Round one will take place in August of 1795. On the first day of the month all of the young women who are attending the school will be informed in one fashion or another and on the 15th they will all gather together for the first time for the welcome tea which takes place in the gardens. The tea will start out as planned: the weather will be warm and bright, the food will be rich, there’ll be lawn games and a a few young lords will be in attendance along with the other girls. However, in the midst of the merriment and shot will ring out and everyone will be rushed into the manor.

Name

Age (Please make it between 16 and 18 to keep with the time period)

Face Claim
**You don't need to use an actress dressed in 18th century attire for this if you can't find one.**

Personality Traits

Interests ( up to 3 selected from the extras, indicate if it's romantic or friendly)
**If you list someone as an interest please note that your character must interact with them in some way, it can be anything from a shared glance across the room to a full on conversation, but it has to occur, otherwise I don’t have anything to base impressions off of.**

Story Tell me how you came to be at Kensington, and about your time at the welcome tea. Your story should end after the shot rings out and you’re all rushed inside.
**Please note that while the story is set in the late 1700s that you can use modern English to get your point across, just be mindful that this was a period without a lot of modern conveniences e.g. no private bathrooms, no telephones etc.**

Outfits Show me what you were wearing when you first got the news that you were coming to Kensington and your look for the welcome tea.
**Please keep in mind the setting of the story (1795) and the fact that your characters are meant to be aristocratic young women, You can however mix and match with modern pieces from your wardrobe just as long as you mostly look the part.**

When your entry is complete please write R1 complete or something similar in your entry.

Round 1 ends at 7:00pm EST on December 11th

Last edited by Dare (16/12/2019 at 04:30)

#2 09/12/2019 at 00:26

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Extras

Lady Hester Fullmore

Lord Chauncey Black

Enid Foster

Lord Byron Kensington

Bertie Coghill

Thomas Parlow

Lord Haywood Cawley

Lord Caleb Kensington

Lord Myles Chatwith

Last edited by Dare (13/12/2019 at 23:16)

#3 09/12/2019 at 07:14

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

https://i.imgur.com/0etDQos.gif
Name Ariaena van der Jaager (formerly known as Ariaena Vinke)

Age 17

Face Claim Eleanor Tomlinson as Demelza Poldark

Personality Traits Observer, mostly silent. Good with reading people, mostly because she had to. Careful, sometimes too careful. Affable, once she gets over the shyness. Well-mannered, quick learner. Cheerful by nature. Honourable, god-fearing. Needs to be reassured, loves positive feedback, prone to feeling inadequate. Competent, dislikes leaving things unfinished. Good eye for details, has a good memory. Generous and caring. Secretive, likes her privacy. Deep down she is optimistic and believes in good in everyone.

Interests Chauncy, Thomas, Myles - for now?

Outfits The News & Tea Party
https://i.imgur.com/bDE0jpH.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/Upogulz.png

Story

I. The Voyage
Thin pale hand grabs onto the rim of the bucket fiercely, wondering if she could get sicker than this - the answer was always yes. You can always get sicker, she finds out in a moment.

Marrying into a family dealing with cross-ocean shipping family meant nothing to her stomach, apparently and the idea of spending a while on an ocean sailboat seemed like an adventure at first, but the second the ship sailed from the coast of Rotterdam. She thought she would feel better, after a while, but the movement of the ship combined with the extremely bad weather made it into hell for Ariaena. She cannot hold anything down at this point, feeling the tears roll down her cheeks as she managed to sit back, trying to figure out how much longer.

Nora, looking slightly sun-kissed and a little bit too rosy on her cheeks stumbles down into the cabin with a huge grin.

"Land, Ariaena," she chuckled, happily, trying not to cringe when she took the bucket from Ariaena's pale hand.
"No," she leans forward, shaking her head. -"Leave it be," she manages.
"Perhaps..." the girl looked at the bucket and Ariaena's pale face, before running towards the exit, all flustered.
"Stop it, Nora," Ariaena squeezed it through her teeth, wondering if she'll ever be able to admit her truth to anyone - the second she decided to speak out, she throws up again, making the other girl seemingly even more hopeful.
"Feeling sick in the early hours would normal--"

Ariaena looks up and decides to give it up: the second she was about to spill her truth, she spilled her guts. Perhaps it was God's will to keep her sick because of what she did. Perhaps it was the right thing.

"Nora," she tries, sounding weak, sounding profoundly sad and the girl stops, nodding simply.
"Yes, Miss," she says shortly.
"I told you--"
"Ariaena," she nods again, leaving the room.

It felt strange to have her call her miss - they have been peers, friends, shared bed before Ariaena married. But she married, she reminds herself from time to time - she finds it as a feverish dream, a blur inside her mind. She felt as though she would wake up one morning and all things would be well again.

Ariaena exhales, throwing herself back onto the bed, pulling the cover back up.

Once the ship sails into the port, she will be better. She hopes, at least.

II. The Past
The sun was shining bright, high in the skies once they sailed into the port of Sheerness and the air smelt sweet, perhaps because she was overthrown by the happiness of being off the ship finally.

Baroness Howard de Walden greeted her in person – a relative of her late husband, loved one, she remembered as this tall, dark-haired creature made her way towards her. The smile seemed genuine.

“Ariaene!” she called out as if they have known each other for ages now. Ariaene did a small curtsy, to which the woman laughed with some kind of joy. –“Oh no no,” she shook her head gracefully. –“You should not do that, dear, you are my guest and my sister,” she said with a disarming sound of sincerity in her voice. There’s a quick wave of hands and things are moving – including the two of them and walking towards the carriage.

“Thank you, madam—”
“Johanna,”
“Johanna,” Ariaena said with a faint smile on her lips. –“Thank you for taking me in,”
“Well, sieges are no fun for a lady,” she smiles, making Ariaena chuckle – not because of the joke, but the idea of someone calling her a lady. –“Do you ride?”
“Barely,” she mussed, keeping her head down.
“Very well,” Johanna smiled. –“We’ll teach you how to do that, amongst other things, darling,”
“As you wish,”
“Talking like the mistress of the house should be one of the things as well,” Johanna smiles, with a little less enthusiasm, Ariaena feeling her reaching for her hand. –“I know what you did for my cousin,” she whispers softly, trying to avoid the girl’s eyes. –“I know how kind you’ve been and how unkind the fate was to you despite it,”
“I—”
“Don’t even try to be humble about it,” she continues softly. –“You knew the truth and you still decided to go along with it, thank you for that.”

Ariaena thinks about her words for a moment. Thinks about reality and how it looked different for everyone there. How what seemed to others as her choice was not a choice she had to consider at all, not because of the kindness of her heart she gets credited with.

Has she had a real choice, would she do the same?

III. News arrived on a Sunday
One year into her arrival the news of home arrived, as for usual, from her mother-in-law: the envelope arrived on the tray Nora brought her as she sat in the bed early in the morning, nestled between a cup of coffee and some toast with raspberry jam. Perhaps, on this morning, she felt more like home than any other.

The siege lasted, but there were signs the capture would happen soon – Marchioness had her friends in high ranks of both Dutch and French armies, Ariaena worried very little of her. If she knew something about the old woman, it was that whoever encountered her should be the one to worry.

The handwriting of Marchioness Anna van der Jaager was one of the prettiest things she ever saw in her life – years of schools, years of experience, a natural talent for the miniature – it all resulted in an exquisite form of art which came with every single letter. Something Ariaena always wished she could do, but never managed to bring herself to ask her mother-in-law or Mies, for that matter.

Words poured onto the paper and there was much more of it this time than it had been before, she goes through the papers, struggling with some of the words along the way: jumping between English and Dutch was not an easy task at all, but she soaks every word on the paper, every single line. The news hits her on the page before the last, she sits up a little bit and feels a tiny smile tingle on her lips.

Johanna entered just in time, with Elizabeth – her oldest daughter – right behind her, both wearing huge smiles as they did.

“She saw it,” the girl chirped happily, sitting onto the huge bed. Only fourteen in age, Elisabeth had more maturity and poise in her pinkie finger than Ariaena would acquire in a year – but her happiness was genuine, always. –“What do you think?”

It was an answer she could not give, not really – what did she think of the idea of attending a finishing school? She banishes the thought – it was not an idea, it was a plan already set in motion, she assumes.

“Do I have to go?” she asked silently, trying to keep the smile on her face as genuine as she could. Johanna’s face drops a little bit, her hand finds Ariaena’s and she tries a reassuring smile. –“You are an heiress of the title now, Ariaena,” she sounds stern, serious. It was a matter which the girl often forgotten – the title was nothing to be messed with for a young woman, for a young woman who came into a fortune from the lower ranks.

“You need to receive a proper education before you go back to Maastricht,” Elizabeth speaks with a smile.
“Bess, would you be so kind and let me and Aria speak for a short moment?” Johanna speaks in Dutch to her daughter and the girl nodded, leaving the room and closing the doors behind.

Johanna sits on the edge of the bed, changing the air in the room with a single glance – the seriousness of the situation was announced with one look.

“I have tried, over this year, to prepare you for this,” she shuns the English for the matters concerning the family, she always did. –“I have grown to love you, I have grown to see the potential in you beyond the kindness you harboured in your heart to find strength to help my family,” she always spoke slowly in matters like this – you could rarely see anger in her face, or hear it in her voice, but if it was there, you would know.

“Johanna—”
“You said yes, Aria,” she cuts her off. –“You are a part of the family now and as such you stand to speak for every one of us, both living and dead,” a small break is given. –“You need to be aware of this, as everyone else is.”

“I have—”
“We all thought Mies would be with us longer,” she stops her again. –“But his body was put to rest with honours, as it should have, even if I am aware you do not believe the things we have done were done in honour, with honour,” Johanna stopped to glance at the girl, both now having some tears bottling up in their eyes.

“My brother was a kind man, a good man, it was not his fault his was not the life this world agreed with, Aria, it was not his fault he could not have been something else,” she chokes up on her words a little bit, taking in a breath to calm herself. –“He cared about you, he really did,” she says with a smile. –“Perhaps not in a manner a young lady would like, but—”
“Johanna,” Ariaena sniffles a little bit, but the woman lifts her hand and smiles.
“Allow me to unburden my heart, darling, please,” she said, exhaling sharply. Ariaena smiled and nodded. –“I am aware you did not have this in mind when my mother took you under her wing, but you are the future of this family now, whether you like it or not and as such, you need to represent us properly.”

Ariaena nodded in silence, deciding it was perhaps good to remain quiet now for any word that might come out of her mouth might sound ungrateful. Sound like she did not want it, sound like she would rather live out her days working instead of existing as a noble widow.

Johanna wiped the tear that ran down her cheek, leaned forward to kiss her forehead and smiled in the end. Ariaena just smiled back.

IV. En Education
By the time all things were set and ready to arrive to Kensington, Ariaena grew accustomed to the idea. Her expectations varied on the day, especially given the answers seemed to be confusing her even more whenever she asked about the purpose and the knowledge she would be thought in this school.

Sun shone high in the skies on the 15th and the place was ready for a tea party out in the open – the arrival of the ladies and gentlemen was announced and should be kept at a punctual time, making her anxious about arriving there in time.

The place was huge, the garden looked splendid and unlike their own residence in Maastricht, the greenery was outstanding and luscious. She steps off the carriage, turning around a little to see if the things were being carried properly, before continuing towards the path. The dress she wore was according to the latest fashion, as she’s been told by Elizabeth – but all she could think about is the fact she felt she would melt in this sun, patting the little cotton handkerchief onto her forehead, while she struggled with her sun umbrella. The handkerchief drops in the middle of the path and she instinctively stops to reach for it when there’s a male hand already picking it up.

“Allow me, please,” he speaks before she could say a thing, switching the umbrella from one hand to another to take back what is hers – she nods subtly.
“Thank you, my lord,” she says, glancing up at him – the sun shone behind his back, she blinks a couple of times to adjust to the light. He smiled, moving a little bit towards the left.
“A lady should never do it for herself,” he nods. –“I will be so bold to assume you are on your way to the tea party.”
“Am I to be bold to assume you are on the same route?” she asks in a breath, and he nodded once, going to her right and extending his forearm.
“Shall we walk there together, madam, to keep each other company?”
“Thank you,” Ariaena gives a little smile, taking the offered hand easily. His pace was oddly slow for her own taste, but she was grateful for it – the heat was annoying. –“Very kind of you,”
“If I may,” he smiled and turned towards her with a puzzled expression on his face. –“You are not from these parts of the world, are you?”

Ariaena looks puzzled for a moment, parting her lips to reply but his brows knit, and he looks at her as if he is trying to read her mind.

“Your accent just sounds foreign,” he explains shortly. She nods, once, calmly, allowing him for a moment more. –“I’m afraid you will have to speak some more if you would like to grant me a chance to try and guess it,”
“Very well,” she says. –“What would you like to hear me say?”
“Perhaps you could commence with your name, so that my omission of my own would seem less horrid,” he smiles again. –“I do apologize, my lady, but first I was focused on your misfortune and then I laid my eyes upon your face and the words seemed to fail me.”

She chuckles, against her own will – and nods in agreement.

“Ariaena van der Jaager,” she speaks in the end.
“Myles Chatwit,” he gives a subtle nod. –“I wouldn’t have guessed your accent, I have to admit,”
“You wouldn’t?”
“Your English is quite well, I’m afraid,” he says, as the path approached the meeting point. –“You could have anyone fooled,” he smiles kindly and she smiled back, eyes fixed on the setting laid before her. –“And it seems we have arrived,”
“Thank you for your help and company,” she speaks, somewhat surprised by her own words.
“The pleasure was all mine, Lady van der Jaager,” he replied as she left his hand and they parted ways. Ariaena walked towards the table – there were many people there already, many of them chatting cordially in the sun and all she could think of is having something to drink and fast.

“Lemonade?”
“Thank you,” she nodded, taking the crystal glass and trying hard not to take a large gulp of it.
“It is a rather hot day,” someone speaks behind her – there’s a man near her, taking a step in her direction. –“Quite uncommon for a London summer,”
“Oh, is it?” she asked – she did not remember had she gotten to the Britain around the same time – the nervousness was too grand for Ariaena to acknowledge the life around her.
“It is,” he gives her a look – a little bit annoyed or confused – she cannot determine. –“What an odd thing to ask,” he said and she’s unsure of why it was odd or what to say next.

“Perhaps—”
“My friend did not mean to sound brazen, miss,” another one steps into the conversation, with a glass of some hard drink in his hand, seemingly uninterested in the whole event. He looks at the man standing on the other side of her quickly.
“I apologize if I offended you, my lady,” he’s quick to say but she shakes her head lightly.
“You did no such a thing,” Ariaena replied shortly. –“I’m just afraid this is my first summer in London and I have no comparisons to make that would add value to the conversation,”
“What brings you to London then?” the second man asked, turning his attention towards her for a short second and then back to the new arrivals coming.

“Same as everyone, I assume,” she replied softly. –“I don’t believe we’ve met,”
“Apologies, once again,” the first man said, hands on his back and with a little nod. –“Thomas Parlow,” he announced as the other man just made a couple more steps towards the table to rest his glass there, returning in a moment. –“My restless friend is Lord Chauncey Black,” he said with some kind of friendly kindness in his voice.
“Ariaena van der Jaager, nice to—”

The shots fired made her stop in her step and suddenly she was no longer a lady starting the education, but a scared little girl fearing for her life. If you asked her what happened next, Ariaena would be unable to tell you – the only thing she remembers is the sound of her heartbeats pumping loudly in her ears.

Round 1 done.

Last edited by Zaralee (12/12/2019 at 10:46)

#4 09/12/2019 at 08:55

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

Name: Lady Katherine (Kitty) Nicole Sheffield

Face Claim: Gabriella Wilde
https://i.gyazo.com/ad83c0f21095362e5e2e6b98bd0e2324.png

Personality: Kitty is by far too free-spirited due to a lack of parental guidance growing up. Her mother died giving birth to her younger brother Roderick when she was age 2 and her father was at first too grief stricken and then too indulgent to curtail her rambunctious behavior. She is curious, progressive and rebellious against 'established' decorum and etiquette of high society. He encouraged her intelligence, often having no qualms about discussing taboo subjects such as politics and estate business right in front of her. She is perfectly content with her life and is more than willing, and capable, to live out the rest of her days managing one of her father's country estates and exploring the outdoors.

Interests: Hester-Friend | Caleb-Romantic | Myles-Romantic antagonist

Story - The Beginning

Outfits:

Informed of Invitation                                                    Kensington Tea Party
https://i.gyazo.com/82809842612b3cb26cfc7e159ed4452d.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/6b5be515ea647a6c167fc9699f3ae1e3.png

R1 COMPLETE

Last edited by BambiFoxx (13/12/2019 at 18:39)

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#5 09/12/2019 at 17:21

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋
Place: Netherlands

https://i.postimg.cc/6qY2mbrL/Noni.png

Name- Nonie Grace Dedworth
Age- 18

Face Claim- Ashley Madekwe

Personality Traits/ upbringing- Noni was born between a lord and a slave and while her older half-brother had a fairer skin colour, Noni was born with a darker complexion much to her father’s horror even though he loved to play with fire he didn’t intend to get burned. Still, Noni’s mother died when given birth to her, So he took it upon himself to raise her (In absolute secret tough).

Because of this Noni is a quiet and observant female growing up in a society which sees her more as a slave than a human being it was the best to calculate the situation before speaking up. Which she doesn’t do often anyways choosing her home library above human interaction. She loves to read everything from childish adventure books to educational ones. Her older brother always spoils her with new ones after his travels. Her father praises education why at a young age Noni was already getting schooled, Noni, however, isn’t someone that flaunts her intelligence. Never went against her father or brothers wishes, does whatever she’s told. It may be because she’s too gullible or maybe because she’s too meek.

Interests- Byron(RI), Myles(RI), Bertie(FI)

Outfits- News& Tea Party
https://i.postimg.cc/Dwr7BnqR/Noni-Outfit-1.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/qsTNdMJ/Noni-Outfit-2.png

Story

Round 1 Complete

Last edited by NinaJones (10/12/2019 at 22:05)

#6 09/12/2019 at 18:40

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03
Place: Malta

Name: Harriet Ada York

Face Claim: Natalie Dormer
https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52903.jpg

Personality Traits: Harriet is the eldest daughter of Lord William Henry York and Lady Beatrice Alice York. Her parents gave her the best education possible at a young age, more than her 3 sisters, which is why she is the most courteous out of all. Now that she is all grown up, she sometimes feels rather responsible for her sisters' well-being. She enjoys going on picnics in the countryside with her friends to relax and have a nice time in the quiet, but her favourite thing to do is sketch fashion designs on her little notebook. She learned to draw by herself when she was a child, and paying attention to details is essential for her. Perfection is always her main goal. Although she knows that she must obey to the rules imposed upon her by the society, deep within her heart she would have loved to have the opportunity to create her own clothing. Her father is aware of her talent and is respectful of it, but every time he sees her getting too riled up about her creations, he stops being soft and reminds Hattie about her position in society.

Interests: Haywood (Romantic), Byron (Romantic), Bertie (Friend)

Story

Outfits:

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52904.jpg   https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52906.jpg

Round 1 Done

Last edited by chayanne03 (11/12/2019 at 22:03)

#7 10/12/2019 at 09:19

Totally’Fashion
tricole

Name: Eleanor Everdene
Face claim: Carey Mulligan
https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52911.jpg
Personality traits: Eleanor is a nature child. Growing up on a country estate she roamed the fields and forests since she was young and has a good hand with animals. She’s bright eyed, full of life and close to laughter, but sometime weighed with melancholy. She is well educated, though her mother acted as her governess since there wasn’t always money to spare. So, when her mother had to take care of the housework, she followed her two older brothers around, which meant she learned to ride and shoot as well as paint and embroider. She’s a lover of poetry and has collections of Goethe, Wordsworth, Donne and Shakespeare.
Interests: Haywood Cawley(RI), Byron Kensington(RI), Thomas Parlow(friendly intrest maybe?)
Outfits:
https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52910.jpghttps://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52920.jpg

Story

Round 1 complete

Last edited by tricole (11/12/2019 at 18:23)

#8 10/12/2019 at 12:14

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

https://i.postimg.cc/rpG0pbdr/yB4pBzg.png

Name: Lady Amelie Charlotte Spencer

FC: Adelaide Kane

Traits: Amelie has been spoiled in her upbringing as the oldest daughter of Lord Charles Richard Spencer, 4th Duke of Marlborough, and Lady Elizabeth Jane Spencer. Since her young age, she learned all about social rules and the proper etiquette. Due to this rather strict education, she has learned that sometimes it is better not to say anything, and she always thinks twice before voicing her own thoughts. She possesses a certain charm and isn’t afraid of using it for her own advantage. She is a friendly and social person, knowing how to exchange the proper pleasantries but won’t shy away from faking it rather than causing a scene. Amelie thinks highly of herself and her family and takes pride in wearing expensive dresses and jewellery. She likes spending her time painting, playing instruments or reading and would never decline an invitation to any social event. Amelie is a rather calm person but can be extremely stubborn if there is something she really wants.
Amelie has been engaged to Lord Henry Edward Somerset, but he died due to a sudden illness 5 months prior to the wedding.

Interests: Byron, Caleb and Haywood... at least for the moment

Outfits: News & Tea Party

https://i.postimg.cc/90zKbtp1/Amelie-Charlotte-News.pnghttps://i.postimg.cc/qqYY5hDr/Amelie-Charlotte-Tea-Party.png

~~~

The News

Welcome Tea

DONE

Edit: Fixed a few typos

Last edited by schoggettchen (12/12/2019 at 06:58)

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#9 11/12/2019 at 19:59

Fashion’Chatterbox
BearHugs6

Name: Lydia Anna Sutton
FC: rachel hurd-wood
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/56/11/a5/5611a51ff6ac04fbba537bb52d9d5a6c.jpg
Personality Traits: Agreeable, charismatic, confident, courteous, curious, genuine, critical
interests: Caleb - Romantic; Hester - Friendly

story

outfits:  https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52936.jpg  https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52937.jpg

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ydqokKjBkJV0A/giphy.gif?cid=790b76119a41ac47eeee8fb045c54d2b83b766f9a4bc7cd9&rid=giphy.gif

#10 11/12/2019 at 22:36

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Round Complete

Name: Rosemary Smith

Face Claim Daphne de Beistegui
https://78.media.tumblr.com/2979b936b76700774e546181e557f7bb/tumblr_o2kwh5g2DU1uypyggo1_500.jpg

Personality Traits: Caring, trustworthy, proud, imaginative, creative, independent, at times too trusting, honest, mostly respectful but can be harsh/abrupt, calm until pushed to the edge (allows anger to build).

Interests Thomas Parlow (RI/FI), Haywood Cawley (RI), Myles Chatwith (RI).

Story: my 16th birthday, that was the day i moved out. whilst girls have a fuss made of 'em, i was packing a sack. of course, it was not by choice. papa did not want me to go, in fact ever since mama died hes needed me, and i certainly did not want to go. but i had to. for my family. and family means everything.

the day had started out like any other birthday. papa had made me special porridge for breakfast (a sprinkle of sugar is what makes it special) and johnny and lottie gave me a sock puppet they had made themselves. the stitching was wonkie and there was only one button for an eye but it is now my best thing in the whole world. and they were ever so proud of themselves.

as soon as i picked up the broom to do a bit of sweeping there was a knock at the door. i opened it and a tall smartly dressed man was standing there, looking serious. before i could ask what he wanted papa sent me and the twins outside, closing the door loudly behind him. cureeosity? curyosity? i wanted to know what was going on so whilst the twins ran around wrecking havoc i sat by the door hoping to hear stuff. they were speaking too quietly but i was pretty sure i heard papa crying.

as soon as the door opened i ran inside, but not before i saw the man take our horse baby. i held papa as he cried on my shoulder. after some time, he told me that the man had come to collect the money papa owed him, which papa did not have. that is why he took baby, as that was the only thing of value we had. what a shoulder clapper! baby was the only way papa could make money, he makes bread and he needs baby to get to the market to make his delivverys? sell the bread. without that money, we'd be sure to go gutfoundered. he looked so sad when the twins came running back in and i knew right then what i had to do.

i took his hands and looked him in the eye and told him everything was going to be okay.

now it is a week later and im packing my sack ready to begin working at kensington finishing school. its simple serving work, making sure the fancy ladies are powdered at all times and what not, but hopefully i will be able to send money to help papa. like i said, i don't want to go and ill miss my family very much, but i dont want anything bad to happen to them, which it would if i did not go.

mrs jones is who i report to and i dont like her very much at all. she has a quick temper and often can be very, very rude. saying that, i dont like most of the people here. they are also very, very rude.

today was the day of the welcome tea for the ladies. i was told to make sure they always had enough tea and to serve food. id have given anything to try one of the teeny tiny sandwhiches with cheese and cucumber and all sorts inside, but mrs jones had already lekchured? lektured? told me not to otherwise i would be dismissed.

i would also have given anything to be in one of their fancy dresses too, but instead i was stuck in my serving outfit. they all looked so pretty - even if the ladies themselves were gilfurts. i felt like they were constantly looking down on me, i dont think one of them said please or thank you. one even whistled me over, the cheek of it!

there were a few gentlemen there too, no one too impressive though. there was a gentlemen [Thomas] who clearly did not belong there - he looked like he was trying to fit in but i could tell he was not of their status. a man with hair almost as long as mine [Haywood] attempted to joke with me but mrs jones forbade me from talking to any of the guests. a very posh man made eye contact with me and looked like he was about to approach, but then a loud bang happened.

people started screaming and running back into the manor. for a moment i froze, not in fear but because i was trying to figure out where the noise had come from, and what it possibly could have been. someone shouted at me to get inside and, as i had become used to obeying order over the past couple of days, i did.

i had not made it too far when i saw a bushell bubby [Katherine] was laying on the ground, clearly passed out due to fright. i attempted to grab her to help her to safety, when the man who did not fit in [Thomas] came to help. together, we carried her inside - although he did most of the work and i just carried the bottom of her dress.

Outfits: Finding out // welcome party
https://stored-edge.slickpic.com/MTc1NTY3ODc2ZDYxNzE,/20191211/MTY1OTAyNjU2ODg2/p/1200/fashion-chic_-_2019-12-11T233350.247.pnghttps://stored-edge.slickpic.com/MTc1NTY3ODc2ZDYxNzE,/20191211/MTY1OTAzMjcxODY3/p/1200/fashion-chic_-_2019-12-11T234759.245.png

(Sorry if my character isn't allowed, I just thought it would be interesting to add a serving girl to the mix).

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (12/12/2019 at 01:07)

#11 12/12/2019 at 02:35

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Round 1 is now closed.

Welcome to Round 2!

Round 1 Winners

A note about setting: Kensington is a manor on the outskirts of London so it's more country than city.

Clearly things at Kensington have started off with a literal bang. The gentlemen sort out that it’s the result of a hunt on a nearby estate gone off course but by the time this is sorted out it’s too dark for any of the festivities to resume. Instead you all finally get to meet the elusive Lady Kensington.

Lady Kensington

It is at this meeting that she informs you all, that while you’ll have the rest of August to get accustomed to the flow of the manner that in September your lessons will begin.

This round will encompass three months: September, October and November.

In September you’ll be starting your basic classes, learning select literature, handicrafts, French and music.

Your French teacher will be Mr. Absalon Delacorte

Mr.Absalon Delacorte

In October you will be taken to a dressmaker in town and each of you will have a look designed for you.

In November there will be a salon held at Kensington on the evening on November 19th. The guest of honor will be an American actor, Tobias Smith.

Tobias Smith

So that there is a clear timeline the order for the performances at the salon is: (it's the order you entered the contest in)

Enid Foster (she'll go first and get a bad case of the hiccups in the middle of her song, which she'll try to sing through).

Ariaena van der Jaager (Zaralee)

Katherine (Kitty) Nicole Sheffield (BambiFoxx)

Nonie Grace Dedworth (NinaJones)

Harriet Ada York (Chayanne03)

Eleanor Everdene (Tricole)

Lady Amelie Charlotte Spencer (Schoggettchen)

Lydia Anna Sutton (BearHugs6)

Bertie Coghill (she'll feign "womanly trouble" after a few notes on the piano and head to her room)

Hester Fullmore (she'll recite a bawdy poem that will get progressively louder as it gets lewder).

Please keep this in mind as you write about that evening.

For round 2 please include all of the following:

Name

Story Tell me about your first three months,include things like how you settled into classes (be sure to check the impressions FIRST if you indicated wanting to get to known any of the female extras), what type of dress you had commissioned and what type of talent you displayed at the salon (talents can include singing, playing an instrument, reciting a poem or section from a book or play). Please don't provide any sort of assessment from Lady Kensington on your performance at the salon, this will come in round 3. The impressions for the characters that you indicated being interested in are in the post directly following this one.

Fashion-chic you can write all of this from the perspective of the serving girl watching this.

Outfits This round will require 2 looks: a look for class and the outfit you wore for the salon.

Fashion-chic you can create a standard uniform for your character and a dress uniform or figure out a creative way to present another look.

Interests (up to 3 BUT please include at least a brief interaction with them even if it's only seeing them in a particular place and having a thought about them so I have something to base the impressions off of). Note that you can include one of the new characters that I've introduced but the limit is still 3.

This round will end at 10pm on December 14th.

Last edited by Dare (13/12/2019 at 02:38)

#12 12/12/2019 at 02:37

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Impressions

Zaralee as Ariaena van der Jaager

BambiFoxx as Katherine (Kitty) Nicole Sheffield

NinaJones as Nonie Grace Dedworth

Chayanne03 as Harriet Ada York

Tricole as Eleanor Everdene

Schoggettchen as Lady Amelie Charlotte Spencer

BearHugs6 as Lydia Anna Sutton

Fashion-Chic as Rosemary Smith

Last edited by Dare (12/12/2019 at 17:09)

#13 12/12/2019 at 06:08

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

https://i.postimg.cc/rpG0pbdr/yB4pBzg.png

Lady Amelie Charlotte Spencer

Interests: Byron, Caleb & Haywood (All romantic and in no particular order)

Performance: Piano Sonata No. 11 Alla turca – Allegretto (Mozart)

Outfits: Classes & Salon

https://i.postimg.cc/ht9wh46c/Amelie-Charlotte-Classes.pnghttps://i.postimg.cc/N04H40dg/Amelie-Charlotte-Salon.png

~~~

September

October

November

DONE

Last edited by schoggettchen (16/12/2019 at 21:14)

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#14 12/12/2019 at 10:49

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Ariaena van der Jaager
Interests Chauncy, Thomas, Myles.

Salon Beatrice's monologue from Much Ado About Nothing, Act 4, Scene 1

Outfits: Classes + Recital
https://i.imgur.com/kdy6Ftw.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/QZRYT7M.png
Story
V. The Shooting

Once the dust has settled a little, Ariaena felt a little better – the huge living area of the house was now crawling with people: her fellow students sat all around, sipping on freshly brewed tea and biscuits with preserves, trying to settle down completely.

“Ladies.”

The voice snaps us all out of our thoughts, everyone and their maids turn quickly towards the entrance of the room. The woman wasn’t particularly tall, but she stood the highest in the room.

“Firstly, Caleb just informed me the hunting party of the nearby estate simply went off course, causing this atrocious inconvenience, I do apologize for the commotion,” she begins in a calming manner. – “Now, to introduce myself – I am Lady Kensington, your host and the mistress of the house.”

A harmonious greeting followed her words, she gives a tiny smile and a nod, before she continues.

“Welcome to the Kensington Finishing School, it’s delighting to have such a varied selection of young ladies,” Lady Kensington continues. –“Now, to avoid wasting further time, since we already had to cancel the rest of our tea party – pity, such a lovely day – you may rest for the day, and for that matter, the rest of the month of August too,” she finished.

There are some whispers she quickly cuts.

“I want to give you the chance to get familiar not only with the estate but also each other, hence the days you will have without the studies,” she says. – “Lessons will commence on the first day of September, and before then, I urge you to make yourselves comfortable and rest. Once the studies begin, there will not be much time for it.”

With this, she wished everyone all a good evening and left, leaving Ariaena calmer. She looks around the room – the men are still around, but the party seems to be breaking. She notices Thomas leaving the small room connecting the salon and the servant area in rush, her eyes landing on a very pretty girl talking to her maid and Chauncey. There is something oddly familiar about this scene to her, only she cannot connect it at this time, but she stares a moment too soon, catching the eye of the lady sitting there. Ariaena blinks, noticing the girl spoke something to Chauncey, when he turned over his shoulder, catching her glance. She looks away too late.

“Madam,” he approaches her in a moment, Nora moving to the side a little. – “Are you alright?”
“Yes, I am well, now,” she says, clumsily pronouncing the words and quickly considering should she address the fact she stared at the woman he spoke with – Ariaena looks up at him but decides to leave it be. –“Thank you for your concern.”

He nodded, saying his greeting and leaving the room altogether. The commotion soon fizzles down and the main maid of the estate begins with assigning the rooms on the first story. Hers was the last one in the hall, she reaches for the knob to enter when there’s a soft voice heard.

“Now we just ought to become friends, don’t you think?” followed by a soft chuckle. The woman held the knob and flashed a smile at Ariaena. – “My name is Hester,” she turns and extends her hand.
“Ariaena,” the girl takes it, smiling back at her. – “I apologize if earlier—”
“There is nothing to apologize for,” she shuts the apology down quickly and with the kindest of smiles. – “You are not from here, are you?”
“I was born in Maastricht,” she replies, nodding. – “It’s in—”
“Oh, I have heard,” she nods, throwing a quick glance towards the hall, seeing people quickly rushing into their chambers – she turns her attention back to Ariaena and smiles again. –“Sweet dreams.”

VI. You learn while you live
There are things she is better with and those she struggles doing – despite not liking the sound of her singing voice, she managed to sound well. Her fingers would fall too heavy on the piano at times, there’s very little she can do about that, but literature grew on her quickly.

She remembers learning how to read during those later nights with Mies – he would be kind enough to take time and advise her, to help her learn. There have been some things she would like about him, there have been some moments when she was certain there could be real love between them.

The truth was different.

“You do enjoy Shakespeare, don’t you?”
“Immensely,” Ariaena smiled towards Hester who joined her in the garden, sitting onto the bench with her. – “How are you?”
“I have had better days before,” she replies playfully, making the girl chuckle: in those days of adjustment, Hester owned up to her words, the girl really felt they were becoming friends. They would use those extra morning moments to walk in the gardens, Hester would talk about her days in France and there have been more than a few chuckles about the silly things and rituals they agree should be banished. The rest of the August just quickly passes while having a friend to talk to and then September seemed to be rushing through – it was wonderful for her to talk to someone, more or less openly.

She would slip, Ariaena, from time to time, about her past and make it back on track quickly, remembering she had no past before she was married. Only it was getting more and more difficult to do so: Hester was, to say the least, enchanting. She could make you feel as if you have been her friend your entire life and Ariaena enjoyed the sun she felt shining from her.

“Chauncey is arriving today,” she announces quickly, prompting Ariaena to close her book for a moment. – “Along with my pesky aunt, our designated chaperone,” she rolls her eyes with a puff, turning towards the girl.

It’s a common practice she did not have to go through – and in all honesty, she wishes she should have. Hester looks at Ariaena’s silence instead of any kind of reaction. They were engaged, Hester and Chauncey, or about to be officially engaged – she didn’t really understand the difference of the matter, but she did not have the guts to ask what it meant.

“I believe he’s here,” she nods towards Hester’s maid walking towards them.
“Walk with me, would you?” Hester takes her hand, and Ariaena just smiled and nodded.

Both girls got up and went to join her, chuckling along the way as they stepped into the house and encountering Lady Kensington instead of Hester’s aunt. Chauncey stood there too.

“Ladies,” he smiled at both.
“I’m afraid we have a problem,” Lady Kensington speaks without allowing for any other greetings to be done. Ariaena tries to leave, only it seems quite rude to walk away so. – “Your aunt could not be here, Hester, I was just informing Chauncey we will not be able to let you have your time today.”

Hester’s face does not change too much with the bad news – Ariaena seems more distraught by the news.

“Unless you can produce a chaperone in a moment’s notice—”
“Perhaps Lady Ariaena would be so kind to volunteer to help,” Chauncey said within a second, shifting everyone’s attention for a short moment. Lady Kensington turned towards the girl and instead of saying anything, she just looked at her in expectance of an answer.

She couldn’t think quickly enough but nods instantly – there’s a smile lingering on Hester’s face and she cannot deny her this after catching a glimpse of it.

“I would like to help, yes,” she confirms at once.
“Your circumstance would allow for such a thing, yes,” Lady Kensington says flatly. –“Very well, continue with your day as you have planned.”

She finishes and before anyone else can add a word or two, she is gone.

“How in the world does she do that?” Chauncey asks playfully, looking at Hester before diverting his gaze to Ariaena. – “You truly came to our rescue,”
“Very chivalrous of you,” Hester chuckles shortly, letting out a sigh after it. – “Well, does this feel liberating or what?”
“Very!” Chauncey grins. – “The day seems to be rather nice, we could continue this small party outside, in the gardens?”

Both girls seem to be fond of the idea, following him towards the garden – the topics are light, fun, the conversation flows easily and before Ariaena is aware of what’s happening, she is walking one or two steps behind Hester, with Chauncey right by her side, telling her some amusing tale of trying to avoid two members of the reform group with his friends. Hester, at first seemed quite amused, but rapidly took the lead in their little walk as the conversation progressed – Ariaena, however, really enjoyed the conversation and made sure to keep up with his pace.

“What about you?” he asked, through the laughter. Hester throws a glance over her shoulder, slowing down a little bit. – “You haven’t told us anything about yourself,”
“I agree with Chauncey,” she speaks all of a sudden, plucking some late-blooming flower and tugging it into Ariaena’s hair. – “I would like to know more about you.”
“I’m sorry to say, there’s really nothing to tell,” she swallows hard, trying her best to convince them. – “I’m utterly boring, I’m afraid.”
“I’m quite certain this is not true,” Chauncey said immediately. Hester – for some reason – walks off again, leaning them a few steps behind once more. – “You must tell me more,” he insisted. – “You must have grown up in some palace surrounded by tulips,” to which Ariaena chuckles, not trying to hide her amusement.
“Oh, a palace indeed!” she jokes laughingly, but soon remembers she spoke out of terms. She slips into a calmer smile instead, taking the rose out of her hair. – “Not everything is surrounded by tulips, in the Netherlands,” she nods, avoiding his look – and she can clearly sense it’s there. – “But I was wondering if you two could tell me how you met and got—”
“You will most certainly not be allowed to change the topic!” Hester reminds them both of her presence and obvious awareness of everything that is happening. – “Chauncey is curious about you, Ariaena,” she continued. – “And he is so rarely curious about things, please let him!”
“She is right,” he grins, letting his shoulders down a little bit – for the first time since they began their little walk, she feels like he has relaxed a little bit.

She’s short for words this time – and in honesty, she wonders what she is to say. The truth?

“I am boring,” she tries again, making Hester huff in dismay. – “Oh, Hester!”
“I simply refuse to believe a girl who came all this way to Kensington is boring,” she says, playfully and loudly from in front of them. – “Maybe you’re actually a princess in disguise or you have other dark secret you keep,” she kids but hits a little too close to home for the girl. The small paleness followed by the abundance of colour in her cheeks does not go unnoticed by the man standing next to her – Chauncey looks at her and says nothing.

“Perhaps it’s a tale for another occasion,” he cuts Hester short, with a smile. – “I should leave now, I have already extended my welcome too much,”
“Oh, don’t go,” Hester grinned. – “It’s starting to become interesting,” she teased.
“The stables should be right around the corner,” he said, stood up straight and smiled. – “Thank you, ladies, for a wonderful afternoon, I enjoyed it greatly.”

He left, leaving the girls there in the middle of the garden, with only one of them glancing at him as he left them.
Strangely enough, not the one who is to be wed to him.

VII. An escape is starting to feel like a good idea
There have been a couple of moments in her life where she had felt as if she had fallen in love with Mies and he had fallen for her – moments she cannot explain, moments that looked like nothing she had encountered in the literature, but there have been moments indeed.

Ariaena felt it was a proper thing to do, to fall for her husband, at first.

By the time she found out she played nothing but a pretend role in his life, Ariaena was sure had fallen in love with Mies – he had not given her the honour of doing the same. The touches, forehead kisses, smiles and soft words were all out of kindness, or some kind of love – only not the kind she had secretly hoped for. Still, she felt she had fallen in love: she would be happy to see him, she would like spending time with him, she would always crave his words and their time together, but now…now she felt like she has been hungry for love, not in love herself.

She reads more, now. Sits under a woollen coat in the winter garden, trying to chat a little bit with Mr Delacorte in French, but mostly read. Hester would join – from time to time – and both girls would sometimes ignore their reads and playfully chat about this or that, and by the end of their chat, she would have been left with a heaviness in her heart, feeling a liar for not telling her entire truth to someone she feels was becoming – or has already become – a friend.

“Penny for your thoughts,” Hester shows out of thin air.
“I’m just excited to be going for a new dress,” it was not the whole truth, however. She was hoping Chauncey will use this opportunity to come visit his fiancée: the whole school will spend time in the town and even if she knew she cannot enjoy his company this much, she still felt good exchanging those short moments with him. It was, in her mind, harmless. She knew, deep down, things could never go further than a fond friendship they might develop more once he marries Hester, nothing else would ever be possible. He was promised to another and even if he enjoyed her as much as she did him, Ariaena was aware she was both a widow and not a high-born woman.

Still, she could live with knowing his friendship and nothing more.
“Dresses are boring,” Hester shrugged, nodding towards the exit. – “Let’s go and sit in the best carriage together,” she grins. – “Chauncey can ride along next to us if he remembers to accidentally pass on our route as he goes,” she adds mischievously.

Apparently, Hester’s live of mischief has gained on reputation, so the girls were joined by Lady Kensington herself, making the ride a dull, silent affair. Chauncey did, as expected, show up and rode up to the carriage, adjusting to their pace and quickly shut his witty quip once he noticed Lady of the house inside the carriage.

Ariaena did – as expected – feel a rush of heat to her cheeks upon locking eyes with the man.

“Master Black,” Lady Kensington speaks before any of the girls could tell anything. – “I imagine this is a lucky coincidence?”
“Serendipitous luck, Lady Kensington,” he smiled. Hester throws him a playful grin, shrugging a little. – “Where is your party heading?”
“Should we test that serendipitous luck of yours, Master Black, and perhaps see if your destination is the same as ours?”
“Hardly doubt that,” Hester whispers to Ariaena, making the girl chuckle silently.
“Hopefully it is,” Chauncey smiles to the girls, bidding them good day and riding off.

The day is less then comfortable, with the numerous fittings running quite long: she feels tired and very, very unmotivated to move at a pace set by Lady Kensington – who happens to receive her willpower from God himself, apparently. Ariaena falls a little bit behind, finding herself in a very comfortable chat with Eleanor Everdane, one of the young ladies she finds outside wandering the gardens as often as she is there: both girls seem to be fallen behind, chatting and laughing at the fact they would normally be able to walk for hours and hours in nature, but moving through the streets of London seems to have drained their energy completely.

“Let go of me,” there’s a familiar voice coming from the back and both girls immediately recognise both Bertie and Thomas, learning from a very feisty exchange of what happened.
Bertie manages to ditch the man behind, joining the girls and somehow making their pace faster so they tie with the group: Thomas, however, stays a little behind, prompting Ariaena to turn her attention to him.

“Someone robbed her?” she asks under her voice.
“She tried to run away,” he says, clearly a little bit annoyed by it – Thomas seemed to be working as a babysitter each time Bertie had a chance to make a run from it and he did not like it. He looked angry. – “If I wanted to be au pair, I would have made the necessary changes,” he mused, making Ariaena chuckle a little.
“All is well that ends well, I would say,” she tries to calm the situation a little.
“I’m only afraid there’ll be a time where I won’t be there to make sure things end well, ma’am,” he spoke in one breath – and she could feel his frustration.
“She does not mean you harm, Mr Parlow,” Ariaena tries, glancing at the girls. She was braver than Ariaena ever was – nights before the wedding, she would lie awake in the bed and ponder over the chance to escape it all. She never had the guts to try. – “She only wants to do what she believes would be the best for her?”
“This world is not kind to young ladies who believe they know everything,” he continued. – “At least while they’re alone in the world.”

She takes a look at his expression, his face – and makes says nothing, as they are about to arrive to their carriages again.

Thomas Parlow returned to claim his horse, following the party at a safe distance, as he usually did.

VIII. The Salon
She is second in line to do her act for the Salon – nothing of a kind she had ever done, and Ariaena is not really enthusiastic about the event. There’s a rock in her stomach, a frog in her throat and all the other expressions from the English language she did not understand beforehand, she gets now.

She chose the monologue Beatrice did in Much Ado About Nothing, from Act 4, the one she found the most fun to read. Singing was – in her opinion – not an option, even their teacher told her she was too quiet when she sang, and piano was not her favourite thing either. Poetry could have been an option, but Shakespeare felt like a natural choice at the moment.

It did not go badly, but she was not as happy with it as she felt she could have been.

“That was wonderful!” Chauncey showed up when the entire group was socializing in the salon – and some recovering from the performance Hester put on.
“Was she not wonderful?” the girl joins them quickly, sitting down next to Ariaena. – “She could have done the entire play and I would have been there to see it through!”
“Coming from her lips, it truly is a compliment of the highest order,” Chauncey smiles, keeping their conversation to themselves.
“You are both bad liars,” Ariaena chuckled. – “Besides, I was certainly not the pièce de résistance, mais non?”
“Certainment,” Hester chuckled under her voice, trying not to attract more attention to them.
“I would appreciate if you did not mention my name if you are caught, but this could be a good opportunity to maybe sneak off for a moment alone,” she says quietly. Chauncey looked over his shoulder, throwing a quick glance at Hester who gave it a little shrug.
“Speaking for both of us, I believe,” he says shortly – “we are perfectly fine with spending some more time here, chatting,”
“Agreed!” Hester agrees happily. The chatter in the room gets louder, her attention is almost plastered onto Chauncey and there’s a short second she believes she saw a familiar face in the back.

Moments later, she realises she did.

“Ariaena—” Nora shows up, with an envelope in her hand.
“You gave me a fright, girl!” Hester chuckles loudly, amusing both Ariaena and Chauncey.
“Yes, Nora?” Aria looks to her maid – her friend – quickly thrown back to reality.
“Finally, it arrived,” the girl is quite happy and gives her the envelope. – “A letter from Marchioness van der Jaager,”
“Oh, that is so sweet!” Hester exclaimed. – “But when you write her back, please don’t tell your mother about this horrid friend of yours, she will certainly want you to stop being my friend!” she jokes, making Chauncey laugh.
“Oh, no, ma’am, Marchioness is not Aria’s mother,” Nora steps in with a small chuckle, before Aria can make anything of the situation, before she can stop her. – “She’s her mother-in-law.”

The laughter went down a little.

“Thank you, Nora,” Aria speaks softly, waiting for the girl to vanish before she turned to the party.
“Mother-in-law?” Hester’s confused, a colour Aria never saw on her – and she cannot even divert her eyes to Chauncey and face him. – “Aria, are you married?”
“Widowed, I’m afraid,” she says with a faint smile on her lips. – “I have been married at the age of fifteen,” she speaks softly. – “My husband died during the siege.”

There’s a hand on her hand in that moment and she believes she should cry, maybe make sure Hester’s comfort has a decent reason, but she cannot do that. She would like to tell her the rest of the story too, only she is aware she cannot.

Instead, she takes Hester’s hand and gives her a warm smile.

“Nothing more to it,” she continues. – “I promise, everything is well.”

Round done (sorry for the rushed bits!)
Edited in the separators + fixed some typos.

Last edited by Zaralee (15/12/2019 at 14:27)

#15 12/12/2019 at 10:55

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Interests- Byron(RI), Myles(RI), Bertie(FI) Also using Hester (FI), no impression needed.

Performance- blow, blow thou winter wind on harp (in French)

Outfits- Class& Salon
https://i.ibb.co/hLnMRMy/Noni-Outfit-3.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/jLnhqhK/Noni-Outfit-4.png

Story

Round 2 Complete

Last edited by NinaJones (15/12/2019 at 13:20)

#16 12/12/2019 at 11:48

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

https://i.gyazo.com/6677255f94988393f45ef82ae60e783b.png

NAME /modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif ❤️ Lᴀᴅʏ Kᴀᴛʜᴇʀɪɴᴇ ﹙Kɪᴛᴛʏ﹚ Nɪᴄᴏʟᴇ Sʜᴇғғɪᴇʟᴅ ❤️ /modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif

STORY

SALON-Original Ballad titled Out of Reach sung to the tune of Lilli burlero by Thomas, 1st Marquess Wharton

OUTFITS
Classes                                                      Salon
https://i.gyazo.com/d6ff678c1958ae460d99e86f453fd5c8.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/7ddc834301446bc5511444c867a5986c.png
Other - Early Morning visit to the stables
https://i.gyazo.com/5eb6ba3b00b02e377d6c44894a81131b.png

INTERESTS Caleb-RI | Hester-FI | Myles-RI

Round 2 complete

Last edited by BambiFoxx (15/12/2019 at 09:53)

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#17 12/12/2019 at 11:54

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52963.jpg

Harriet Ada York

Outfits

Class                                                                Salon

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52966.jpg        https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52980.jpg

Interests Haywood (RI), Byron (RI), Bertie (FI)

Performance - Part of 'The Liberty' by Sarah Fyge Egerton

Story

Round 2 Complete

Last edited by chayanne03 (14/12/2019 at 19:55)

#18 12/12/2019 at 16:15

Totally’Fashion
tricole

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52962.jpg

Eleanor Everdene

Interests: Byron Kensington, Haywood Cawley, Absalon Delacorte (all romantic interests, for now, in no particular order)
Performance:

Permanence in Change by J.W. Goethe

Outfits:
https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52965.jpghttps://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/52968.jpg

Story:

September

October

November

Round 2 complete

Last edited by tricole (14/12/2019 at 21:36)

#19 14/12/2019 at 22:07

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Rosemary Smith
Same interests

september

turns out all that fuss was a simple misunderstanding, a hunt gone wrong. it was still scary mind, i had come here to help my family and could have quite easily been killed. still, at least i did not faint like that fussock lady katherine. you know, i felt sorry for her at first, it must have been quite embarrassing. but when she came round again she did not even akknoledje? accnoledge? notice me. i had helped carry her inside - and she was not even that light mind - and got no reaction. no thank you, no smile, nothing. cheek of it! these gilflurts are all the same, they think they are so much better than everyone else just because they have money. i even stayed to make sure she was well tended to. fetched her water and everything.

lady kensington entered awhile later and knowing my presence was no longer needed i curtsied and left. now the welcome tea had been abandoned i had a lot of tidying up to do.

if anything good came from the experience, it was that thomas parlow introduced himself. this was the gentlemen who helped me to carry lady katherine back to the manor. we did not talk for long since i had work to do, but i can tell he too does not fit in there. his voice sounded like mine (obviously not girly) but the words he used, i understood. and his eyes, i got lost in them.

i did run into him again actually. miss bertie had her purse snatched by some kencracker and mr parlow kindly helped her out. i just so happened to be dusting the corridor outside lady kensington's quarters whilst mr parlow was meeting with her. when he left, i decided to approach him. i do not know what came over me, speaking out of place. maybe i have been spending too much time around the ladies in the school.

"sir." he did not seem to hear me. "sir." i said louder, stepping towards him. i blushed as he turned around, suddenly realising how stupid i was being. "i am sorry to interrupt you, sir, but i just wanted to congratulate you for your bravery. it was very, well, brave what you did sir"
to my surprise, he smiled at me. "thank you. same could be said for what you did."
"im sorry, sir?"
"helping lady katherine at the welcome tea. most people ran at the sound of the gun, but you rushed to make sure she was okay. now that is bravery."
my cheeks reddened even more at his words. i had never, ever been called brave before in my life. well, apart from when i used to play princess and knights with lottie, but i do not think that really counts.
"thank you sir, that is very kind of you sir. im sorry to have kept you sir." i turned around and picked up the duster i had dropped as i had hobbledygeed towards him. i thought i heard him say something, but an angry ms jones marching towards me distracted me.

after a quick telling off about being outside my area sent me on my way, not without a smile though as i thought back to mr parlows kind words.

oktober

"i have not seen you in here before" i placed the book on the shelf in front of me and turned around to see lord cawley standing in front of me. "sorry sir, i did not mean to be in your way" i said quietly, stepping to the side.
"oh no, i did not mean it like that" he said with a smile, "and less of the sir, it makes me seem old". that was a strange thing to say as he certainly is not old, his skin looks soft and his eyes young.
"sorry sir. i mean not sir. i mean..." i trailed off, unsure as to what i should call him now. as staff i had only been told to address him as lord cawley.
"haywood, please. and you are?"
"rosemary, but most people call me rose."
"what a pretty name" he said, his smile widening. "so why are you in here?"
"one of the other girls has recently had a baby and so is unable to work, ms jones told me i should take on some of her tasks."
"and of course, you cannot say no to her. you would be the secret ingredient in her next famous pie"
"exactly" i said, laughing a little.
nobody talked for a moment, and then lord cawley - haywood - asked me if i liked to read.
"i do not know how to read, i can barely write. my papa could not afford to send me to school, and he does not know how to either so i never learnt"
he looked shock for a second, but then composed himself. "i cannot imagine a world without stories"
"oh, i still grew up with stories. my papa had the most amazing imagination and would make up stories every night before bed. my favourite was always this one about an angry dragon who kept burning the villages down. everyone tried to calm him down with fancy things like a jewelry and a fancy hat which i never understood why they even thought a dragon would want those things but anyway in the end all it took was an apple. it taught us to appreciate the smaller things in life." i paused, realising how out-of-turn i had just spoken, despite haywoods relaxed manner. "oh im sorry, i did not mean to ramble"
"no it is okay, it sounds like a good story."

we talked for a little while more before i excused myself to carry out the rest of my work. but every time i went back into the library, haywood was always there ready for conversation, with an apple in his hand

near to the end of oktober the ladies were taken to the dressmaker in the nearby town to have dresses made for a saloon in november. even though i did not know what a saloon was, or that i knew i would not need a dress for it, i went with them anyway. i told ms jones it was to help carry bags and attend to the ladies if needed, but really i wanted to get out of the manor. whilst i am happy i have sunday afternoons free to myself, the manor is so far away from anything else that i just sit in my room. obviously i do not have access to the horses to ride anywhere. i just needed to get away.

the trip itself was very dull. i was impressed my the amount of fabric they had, i had never seen anything like it in my life. but of course i was not allowed to touch anything in case i got it dirty. so instead i remained on a bench watching jealously as these pretty young ladies got to dry on even prettier dresses. i could not help but look at my own hands, shocked at how worn they have become. they were starting to look like an elderly lady's hands.

when i got back to my room that night i was surprised to find a brown package on my bed. i thought it was from papa but when i opened it i found the most gorgeous fabric. it was so soft, like nothing i had even owned before. i knew it could not be from my father - the little money i had sent back to him certainly would not have been able to pay for this - but there was no note saying who it was from.

smiling, i started thinking about making my own dress. i could so well enough, i would just need access to needle, thread and scissors.

november

it was the night of the saloon, one i particularly did not care for. but whether i liked it or not i had to prepare the dinner table.

as i was setting out the knives and forks, lord chatwith entered the room and approached me. he stood by my side, watching me for a few moments. "can i help you, sir?"
"no, my dear rosemary. all is well."
i carried on setting the places, slightly uncomfortable by his eagle watch. this went on for what felt like hours, but i know was a maximum of 10 minutes.
"you know" he whispered, stepping closer. "i dont know why they make you wear those clothes" i did not think there was anything wrong with my dress. it was the same as the one i wore to the welcome tea, and sure it was not as nice as what the other ladies were wearing but it was better than my usual uniform.
he then leaned in closer, whispering in my ear, "i bet you have a beautiful body under there. i have to admit, id love to find out. maybe i will sometime" he placed his hand around my waist and kissed me, and i froze. a few seconds later he stepped away from me, an eery look in his eye. i was stunned, even as he left the room i did not know what to think. i was scared. no, terrified by his comment. for he was a lord and i am a simple serving girl, he had a low more power and status over me.

i was in a daze for the rest of the evening, even going as far as to drop a glass of wine on the floor, causing everyone in the room to stare at me and giggle. mr parlow tried to grab my arm at one point but i walked away, not wanting to talk to anyone for the rest of the event.

and that night, i cried myself to sleep.

i want papa.

Outfits: standard uniform // outfit to the dressmaker
https://stored-edge.slickpic.com/MTc1NTY3ODc2ZDYxNzE,/20191214/MTY1OTUwNDA2ZDcx/p/1200/fashion-chic_-_2019-12-14T222714.145.pnghttps://stored-edge.slickpic.com/MTc1NTY3ODc2ZDYxNzE,/20191214/MTY1OTUwNDExNjFk/p/1200/fashion-chic_-_2019-12-14T223758.703.png

[Sorry this is so short, I have an exam on Monday I should be revising for /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/neutral.png Also, thanks for the win in the last round! ALSO sorry if the writing style is annoying or hard to read, just trying to get into character]

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (15/12/2019 at 00:59)

#20 15/12/2019 at 17:01

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Round 2 is closed.

Welcome to Round 3!

Round 2 winners

This round will encompass the end of November, December, January and February.

In November the morning after the Salon (November 20th ) you’ll each have a private meeting with Lady Kensington; the results of this meeting will determine how you spend the rest of the month (please see this in your impressions). Fashion-Chic you can choose if your character wants to eavesdrop on some or all of these meetings and how that can impact her actions.

In December the manor will be a flurry of activity in preparation for Christmas and classes will be suspended as a result; while many of the teachers will leave, Mr. Delacorte will remain on the premises. There will be trips into the city on the 2nd and 10th of the month which students can choose to attend in order to purchase gifts for each other. On Christmas eve (December 24th) the manor will host a formal ball and on Christmas day (December 25th) there will be an exchange of presents and games in the morning and a formal dinner in the evening. For the rest of the month you will be largely left to your own devices but there will be another ball on New Years Eve (December 31st) and Lady Kensington has decided that it will be a Masquerade ball.

In January classes will resume promptly on January 2rd. You will still be required to take French, music and literature but dance will also be added as well and as such the gentlemen will be at the house more frequently. On the 13th of January a snow storm will begin and everyone, including the gentlemen will be trapped in the manor for 5 days (until January 19th). Lady Kensington will insist that classes go on as usual during the storm, but that doesn’t fully go according to plan (see impressions). The rest of the month will be largely uneventful.

In February the manor will be thrown upside down repeatedly with the arrival of two uninvited guests and Valentines Day. The first guest will be Bertie’s grandmother Dowager Countess Cordelia Pembroke (she’ll arrive indecently late on the evening of the 3rd and leave on the afternoon of the 6th ) You’ll all be expected to be on your best behavior while she’s there, if you choose to ignore this there will be consequences in the following round. The next guest will be Duke Edward Matson, a distant cousin of the Kensington’s who shows up disheveled and without an escort on the 12th.  On Valentine’s day you will each receive a small note/gift from someone (see impressions). How you spend the rest of the month will depend on how Valentine’s day goes.

Dowager Countess Cordelia Pembroke

Duke Edward Matson

For round 3 please include all of the following:

Name

Story Tell me about your meeting with Lady Kensington, the events of December (you can pick what you want to focus on both should definitely include all of the festivities, the events of January (you can choose to just focus on the storm) and the events of February (this will largely be dependent on the impressions).

The impressions for the characters that you indicated being interested in are in the post directly following this one.

Fashion-chic you can write all of this from the perspective of the serving girl watching this.

Outfits This round will require 3 looks

Your formal ball look (Christmas eve)

Your masquerade ball look (New Years Eve)

Your Valentine’s day look

Fashion-chic you can create a standard uniform for your character and a dress uniform or figure out a creative way to present another look.

Interests (up to 3 BUT please include at least a brief interaction with them even if it's only seeing them in a particular place and having a thought about them so I have something to base the impressions off of). Note that you can include one of the new characters that I've introduced but the limit is still 3.

This round will end at 11pm EST on December 18th.

Last edited by Dare (17/12/2019 at 13:25)

#21 15/12/2019 at 17:02

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Impressions

Zaralee as Ariaena van der Jaager

BambiFoxx as Katherine (Kitty) Nicole Sheffield

NinaJones as Nonie Grace Dedworth

Chayanne03 as Harriet Ada York

Tricole as Eleanor Everdene

Schoggettchen as Lady Amelie Charlotte Spencer

Fashion-Chic as Rosemary Smith

[/b][/b]

Last edited by Dare (17/12/2019 at 13:26)

#22 15/12/2019 at 18:01

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Ariaena van der Jaager
Interests Chauncey, Hester, Thomas.
Outfitshttps://i.imgur.com/4of8nHt.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/8ttB5JE.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/RxTVcEc.png

Story

IX. Dust usually settles, doesn’t it?

X. Hark! The herald-angels sing, glory to the new-born king!

XI. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

XII. Would you like me if you truly knew me?

XIII. Running a little wild

SUPER SHORT, but done!

Last edited by Zaralee (25/12/2019 at 00:32)

#23 15/12/2019 at 18:12

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Interests- Byron(RI), Myles(RI), Bertie(FI) Also using Hester (FI), no impression needed.

Outfits- Formal ball, Masquerade ball, Valentine’s day look
https://i.postimg.cc/DZT14Nx7/Noni-Outfits-R3.png

Story

Round 3 Complete

Last edited by NinaJones (18/12/2019 at 20:15)

#24 15/12/2019 at 18:16

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/53047.jpg

Harriet Ada York

Outfits  Formal Ball, Masquerade Ball, Valentine's Day
https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/53049.jpg   https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/53043.jpg     https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/53044.jpg

Interests Haywood (RI), Byron(RI), Bertie (FI)

Story

Round 3 Complete

Last edited by chayanne03 (18/12/2019 at 20:10)

#25 15/12/2019 at 18:48

Totally’Fashion
tricole

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/53061.jpg
Eleanor Everdene

Interests:Byron Kensington(RI), Absalon Delacorte(RI)
Outfits: Formal Ball     //    Masquerade Ball     //      Valentine's day
https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/53078.jpghttps://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/53063.jpghttps://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/67/moy/53069.jpg

November

December

January

February

Round 3 complete.

Last edited by tricole (19/12/2019 at 22:34)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3