Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1

#1 14/09/2022 at 10:56

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

https://i.imgur.com/4Iljej1.png

Hollywood meets the Riviera...

The Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat is being used as a set for an anticipated movie, called “All These Violent Delights”, the first risk-taking venture of the famous Starlight Pictures Studio. Approved by the executives as a sure Oscar contender and a guaranteed hit, the movie is also based on a best-selling novel. The movie is directed by the awarded Raymond Reed and it tells a story about a love triangle and a murder conspiracy, meaning it has everything one might look for in a movie: star-crossed lovers, betrayal, twists and turns to spin you around, and the cast to carry all of it perfectly!

...and these two worlds collide and intertwine!

https://i.imgur.com/3do2dxz.png

Hi everyone!
Welcome to the Character Claim for All These Violent Delights!

After the lessons learnt in the last contest set in a similar universe, I've decided to give the genre another go and thus present you All These Violent Delights, a mystery set in 1935 on the French Riviera, in the picturesque town of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. The story is centred around the making of the movie that shares the title with the contest name, and everyone involved in the making - some more, some less, but equally intertwined with the plot. My idea is to create some balance between plot-centred mystery and playing with characters and their relationships, emotions, and inner turmoil.

Rules & Mechanics
1. Clearly set deadlines to help me with managing a contest in time, which is one of my weak points. It will usually mean you have an extra 2-6 hours after the round closes because I need a bit of time to read, write and post impressions, but if you see your impression is posted, please proceed to the next round.
2. Character backgrounds a not as strict this time around and their relationships with other extras will be displayed clearly and won't be up for negotiation. That said, friendships will be current, romances will mainly be a matter of the past (up to you if you wish to rekindle them) - and no marriages this time around. 
3. Secrets will be revealed in your character information sheet, just like the last time. It will be given in time.
4. Also, finite number of people - I might throw out a person or two, depending on who is claimed.
5. Consider this as writing within an existing structure before joining: it might not be everyone's cup of tea.
6.  Should you decide to drop out, for any reason at all, your character remains part of the story once we have started.
7. Every character - male and female, listed below - is up for claim. Some characters might be gender-swapped if left unclaimed, some might be added - depending on who is claimed.
8. My favourite: ask, don't assume!

What to do next?
1. Read the shortened roles and claim a character you wish to play.
2. Assign your character a face claim & age (usually some guideline is given).
3. Assign traits to your character - please keep it between six and twelve. 
4. Please answer the 10 questions below.

Questions in question
1. What do you consider to be your most admirable personal quality? From your perspective, what is your biggest flaw?
2. What do you think you excel in? What do you think you do badly
3. Are you more likely to ask for permission or forgiveness?
4. Do you have any bad habits?
5. What’s your idea of a really fun time?
6. What do you consider to be an admirable quality in others? How about something you cannot look past, a deal breaker?
7. How do you handle conflict with others?
8. How do you handle rejection?
9. How well would you handle a long-distance relationship? How would you feel after a one-night stand?
10. How do you feel in large groups versus small ones?

That's it, basically. Once this is done, I'll try to form the rest of the story and see how it goes! ...and to keep up with the rules, let me write that this claim will be open until Saturday morning, which is September 17th, around 10:00 forum time.

#2 14/09/2022 at 10:58

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Characters
Please note that your characterization of the claimed role will influence part of their backstory and relationships.
Also, some details might change before the beginning of the contest.

Alaia Montague claimed my MissK
Alaia is the starlet playing the main role in the movie. She's a certified bombshell leading star, a known money-maker for the studio, recently divorced and a true paparazzi magnet. Rumour has it Alaia is being quite a diva on this shoot which has hardly begun - and utterly unhappy with the fact she has to share the lead on this one, especially after years of friendship with the director, Raymond Reed.

Tilly van de Moor claimed by Bambi
The ingénue of the Starlight Pictures Studio and the other main role in the movie, whispers claim her to be the lover of the producer Thomas L. Bradbury - and the muse of the director Raymond Reed himself. While some claim she lacks talent, some see no truth in any vicious gossip, considering Tilly to be a talented, up-and-coming star well-deserving of the role.

Felix LaRue
Felix is the male lead of the movie, a notorious womanizer and scandalous figure - if you want to trust the gossip magazines. Felix is French-born American, just like the main role in the book, but the rumour has it Vita St. Clair was not happy with him playing the lead role - but his friendship with Raymond Reed tipped the scales and granted him the role.

Vita St.Clair
Vita is a countess, writer and screenplay writer as of recently - her book is being adapted into a movie, and she is part of the project, a very unique honour not commonly extended to authors. Rumours about her swirl between calling her a passionate advocate of her vision and an absolute control freak. With a director like Raymond Reed, it's hard to say if the problem is with her, or his strict ways of running things on the set.

Thomas L. Bradbury
Thomas is a producer who comes from old money, who allegedly bought his way into the film industry and the Starlight Pictures Studio.  He's been a passionate filmmaker, dabbled in acting and does not shy away from closely working on his favoured projects. While his approach to the art is entirely different from Reed's approach, the two have shared some kind of understanding for years, even when they aren't on the best of terms.

Borna pl. Glembay claimed by Dare
Croatian countess with a mysterious past, one of the most famous art dealers in Europe, with great connections and good business instincts - Borna is alleged to be included as a consultant on the project as per the personal request of Raymond Reed. Her stay at the Riviera is divided between leisure, seeking new pieces and occasionally visiting the set, mainly keeping to herself.

Charles Reed
The younger brother of Raymond Reed seems to be the sheer opposite of his older sibling. Charles is a priest of the Anglican Church, well-educated and isn't known to be the adventurer Raymond is. He likes to stay from the spotlight that was shone on their family when Raymond became a household name in Hollywood, he is dedicated to different missions around the world and still makes time to visit his brother in various locations, just because he can.
Note: Charles is brother to Raymond Reed, whose FC is Toby Stephens.

Eleanor Janvier claimed by Schogo
Ellie Janvier, as most often called, is the current owner of the hotel. Her husband - who got the hotel as the inheritance - passed away two years ago and Ellie took it to herself to invest in the renovation of the legendary place to restore it to its old glory. When she found out the childhood friend of her late husband is making a movie set on the Riviera, she reached out to Raymond and offered the hotel to be the place for the shoot.

Arlene Plamondon
Arlene is the hotel manager in the Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat and the person who has been part of the renovation since it started. French-born and with a family history in hospitality, she is trusted by co-workers and Eleanor alike. She serves as the liaison between the hotel and the movie crew currently, spending much of her time divided between the set and her regular duties.

Sigrid Eriksen
The Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat's main concierge, Sigrid is a polyglot and a true professional. She moved to France only a few years back, seeking employment at the Riviera and soon rose a few ranks before the hotel even started taking in guests. Sigrid is in charge of all the VIP guests, which includes the main stars of the movie - both cast and crew.

Helena Haselbacher Reed claimed by Tric
The soon-to-be-ex-wife of Raymond Reed is setting sail on the Riviera, according to the tabloids, galavanting around with another man - and everyone believes there is no coincidence that she is staying at the same hotel. At one point, gossip columns were sure his infidelity was the cause for the end of their marriage, this recent turn of events might point to a whole other story.

Evgeniya Kurakin
Eva is a daughter of an impoverished Russian baron and an American nurse, currently between jobs as au pair, and most likely scouting for her next gig amongst the patrons of the Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferret. Eva is familiar with the hotel and the staff as the family she previously worked for used to spend their summers there before the hotel went into the renovation. 

Manon Valera (Reed) claimed by Jadis
Manon is a recently graduated art historian, and about to get to experience life abroad - in Egypt, nonetheless! But, before that, she is set to endure a working summer with her estranged father and try to follow the instructions: do not get involved with any of the actors, do not get your photo taken by the paparazzi and do not get in the way. In reality, it's a summer that leaves a lot to be desired, and there is not too much that can be done about it.
Note: Manon is the biological daughter of Raymond Reed, whose FC is Toby Stephens.

Enzo de Luca
Enzo is a wealthy Italian industrial who prides himself to be a collector who takes his vacations on the French Riviera, living a lavish life, partying like there is no tomorrow and does his worst at avoiding the persistent press following his every move. Ready to take sail at the end of the summer, Enzo is allegedly waiting for a few more people to join in on his adventure. While the press might have him pegged as a mindless heir, the truth might be quite the opposite - as he is often surrounded by people much smarter than he seems to be waiting for his advice.

Nicola Margitte claimed by Misty
A young constable with an ambition to become a detective whose ties to the Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat community will make her a clear choice to assist the detective Matthew Bancroft as he joins the case. Nicola is one of the rare female police officers in the French police, and this will be her first case where she gets to do beyond administrative support.

Last edited by Zaralee (16/09/2022 at 08:47)

#3 14/09/2022 at 16:13

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

https://i.ibb.co/dcrJC39/Eleanor.png

The Hotel Owner

DONE

Last edited by schoggettchen (17/09/2022 at 08:15)

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#4 14/09/2022 at 17:33

Totally’Fashion
Jadis
Place: The Half-light

Name: Manon Valera

Face Claim: Zoe Kravitz (as Leta Lestrange)

Traits: Detail-oriented, inquisitive, optimist, open-minded, dedicated // Absent-minded, bears grudges, distant, unsociable, selfish

Manon is a recently graduated art historian, and about to get to experience life abroad - in Egypt, nonetheless! But, before that, she is set to endure a working summer with her estranged father and try to follow the instructions: do not get involved with any of the actors, do not get your photo taken by the paparazzi and do not get in the way. In reality, it's a summer that leaves a lot to be desired, and there is not too much that can be done about it.

questions

COMPLETE

Last edited by Jadis (17/09/2022 at 14:50)

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/92/6c4aduaD_o.png

#5 14/09/2022 at 17:51

Totally’Fashion
tricole

https://i.ibb.co/fxyvsFk/helenafinished.png

Helena Haselbacher Reed

Done!

Last edited by tricole (17/09/2022 at 14:39)

#6 14/09/2022 at 17:58

Almost'Fashion
MistyMisty

https://i.imgur.com/OZyA5Qm.jpg

FC: Kiera Knightly

Status: A young constable with an ambition to become a detective whose ties to the Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat community will make her a clear choice to assist the detective Matthew Bancroft as he joins the case. Nicola is one of the rare female police officers in the French police, and this will be her first case where she gets to do beyond administrative support.

Traits & Personality: Observant, Brave, Confident, Social, Kind // Reckless, Cynical, Trouble-maker

Q&A

Round Status: Done

Last edited by MistyMisty (17/09/2022 at 09:15)

#7 14/09/2022 at 18:08

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

https://i.gyazo.com/04109e771193716970dd05be35bae719.gif

CLAIM
⏺️⏺️Mᴀᴛʜɪʟᴅᴇ ··Tɪʟʟʏ·· ᴠᴀɴ ᴅᴇ Mᴏᴏʀ⏺️⏺️

Tʜᴇ ɪɴɢᴇ́ɴᴜᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Sᴛᴀʀʟɪɢʜᴛ Pɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇs Sᴛᴜᴅɪᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴍᴀɪɴ ʀᴏʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇ﹐ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs ᴄʟᴀɪᴍ ʜᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇʀ Tʜᴏᴍᴀs L. Bʀᴀᴅʙᴜʀʏ ﹣ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛᴏʀ Rᴀʏᴍᴏɴᴅ Rᴇᴇᴅ ʜɪᴍsᴇʟғ. Wʜɪʟᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʟᴀɪᴍ sʜᴇ ʟᴀᴄᴋs ᴛᴀʟᴇɴᴛ﹐ sᴏᴍᴇ sᴇᴇ ɴᴏ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴠɪᴄɪᴏᴜs ɢᴏssɪᴘ﹐ ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ Tɪʟʟʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴀʟᴇɴᴛᴇᴅ﹐ ᴜᴘ﹣ᴀɴᴅ﹣ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴇʟʟ﹣ᴅᴇsᴇʀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏʟᴇ.

FACE CLAIM:
Gaite Jansen

TRAITS:
Flirty, Charismatic, Witty, Ambitious, Clever, Secretive, Duplicitous, Cunning, Promiscuous

Q&A - DONE

Casting - DONE

Last edited by BambiFoxx (17/09/2022 at 03:36)

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#8 15/09/2022 at 22:25

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/78/moy/61851.jpg

Character claimed: Borna pl. Glembay
Background:Croatian countess with a mysterious past, one of the most famous art dealers in Europe, with great connections and good business instincts - Borna is alleged to be included as a consultant on the project as per the personal request of Raymond Reed. Her stay at the Riviera is divided between leisure, seeking new pieces and occasionally visiting the set, mainly keeping to herself.
Face Claim: Michelle Dockery
Character Traits: Borna is eccentric and imaginative but she can also be reserved when she feels uncomfortable or out of place. Outwardly, she's generous almost to a fault, but don't let that fool you as she's also often skeptical of the motives of those around her and can be very judgmental which can lead to tension.

Q&A

Last edited by Dare (16/09/2022 at 18:10)

#9 16/09/2022 at 02:38

Almost'Fashion
MissKiki

https://i.imgur.com/IQqwqU6.png

Character claim: Alaia Montague

FC: Lana Del Ray

Traits: Shallow, vain, narcissistic, curious, observant, sweet, goofy

Background: Alaia is the starlet playing the main role in the movie. She's a certified bombshell leading star, a known money-maker for the studio, recently divorced and a true paparazzi magnet. Rumour has it Alaia is being quite a diva on this shoot which has hardly begun - and utterly unhappy with the fact she has to share the lead on this one, especially after years of friendship with the director, Raymond Reed.

Questions

DONE

Last edited by MissKiki (17/09/2022 at 07:02)

#10 17/09/2022 at 09:43

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Hi everyone!

I'm closing up the claim, but the thread will remain open for a few hours more. I'll be doing some plotting with the thing you have given me and at a point start sending you your character sheets.

Thank you for participating, here are some thank you banners!

Topic closed

Pages : 1