Topic closed

Pages : 1

#1 04/09/2016 at 22:00

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

CONTEST CLOSED

Link to external image

Hello and welcome to Clover Academy II: Return of the Exes (and a Cheating Boyfriend)

I'm Tonks and I have noticed a serious lack of MR-s in general /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png. But since I'm an avid writer, I shall host (another) writing one /modules/forum/img/smilies/blebl.gif.

So if you're up for an adventure join in and see if you're cut out for it  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png.

/modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/bisous.gif

RULES

- 72 hours per round
- 1 main character per person (whose appearance should more or less stay the same along the way)
- 4 rounds, each ending at 22:00 forum time and next one posted within an hour or two (after reading what you've written and preparing individual rounds)
- read the requirements
- no matter how repetitive always read the requirements
- read the requirements
- min: 100 words
- max: the sky is the limit

There will be banners for all participants that have made it through 4 rounds at the end of the contest.
After each round you will get an impression and/or an individual task for extra characters that will appear in the next round.

This contest is made to be in sequels - however anyone can join - because the journey lasts forever, even if we just briefly take a break at some stops /modules/forum/img/smilies/blebl.gif.

~~> Last season <~~

ROUND 1

Clover Academy is an academy for either rich or especially talented young people. Which one of those are you?

NEW CHARACTERS

Name:
Sex: m/f
Virtues: min 3
Flaws: min 3
Dream:
Fear:
Quote:

Story: either background or a short snippet to make me get to know your character - bare in mind that your character is joining the academy after winter break /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

OLD CHARACTERS

Name:
Quote:
Extra: if you think your character has changed, add the rest of the form for new characters
Story: describe your current relationship to your characters or any other event that you might find important - please restrict your events up to a week after New Year's Eve's party

If you already have your interests in mind feel free to add them. Up to 3.

If any questions send me a PM and ask!
I don't bite. /modules/forum/img/smilies/blebl.gif
At least not over the Internet. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png

Last edited by Tonkolina (16/09/2016 at 20:08)

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#2 04/09/2016 at 22:01

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

Contestants

EXTRA CHARACTERS

Link to external image
Friends with Daniel. Brother of Claire.
Has a, as it seems one-sided, fondness of Sydney. But his friend seems to be juggling between her and Kennedy so he rather stays away from the drama.
Link to external image
Friends with almost everyone. Had a crush on Lucile.
Was dating Kennedy, but shared a moment with Sydney, and ruined that. But he's trying hard to get on her good side and maybe once again win her over. Mistakes happen, don't they? He'll just try to fix this one.
Link to external image
Friends with everyone.
Currently dating Freya, though his ex, Tara, unexpectedly came back. I wonder if he still has some feelings for her...
Link to external image
Dating no-one, friends with only the bravest who approach him and stick enough around that he gets used to their presence. For now it's just Daniel, Jared and Tara. Brother of Lucile.
Link to external image
Good friends with Freya, but best friends with Jared, Daniel and Tara. He's thrilled to have her back and once again the Prankster duo is ready to conquer the world.

Link to external image
Has the biggest crush on Luca and is always around him. Sister of Christoph and childhood friends with Daniel. Last term she was in Germany for her exchange course.
Link to external image
Sister of Luca. Daniel's first ever crush, though she never gave him a chance. She just plays around. And plans on playing some more.
Link to external image
Best friends with Tristan - they were often called King and Queen Prankster, though never actually romantically involved. Sometimes love comes in a form of a friendship /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png. Dated Jared for quite a while and the only reason they broke up was her moving to another town. What will happen now that she's back?.

Last edited by Tonkolina (07/09/2016 at 22:59)

#3 04/09/2016 at 23:51

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

So happy this is back so soon /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png/vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Name: Freya Stephens

Link to external image

Quote: "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Extra: After spending time with Tristan Freya has become more rebellious. She's not really bad, but does seem to end up in more trouble than before.

Story: Jareya are the talk of the school! Everyone thinks they're great together, and can't wait to see what social events the two of them organise. They're spending all of their time together, clearly very happy, but means Freya is spending less and less time training...

Tristan seems set on winding the couple up as much as possible.

Interests (not necessarily romantically): Jared, Tristan and Luca

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (06/09/2016 at 22:48)

#4 05/09/2016 at 07:09

Fashion’Talker
comawhite
Place: The clown nest

Name: Constance White (known as Coma by all her friends)

http://i68.tinypic.com/osshu8.png

Sex: Female
Virtues: Kind, Excellent singer and song writer, Always there for her friends
Flaws: Terrible at maths, Worries to much about helping her friends and family and therefore forgets to think of her own dreams, Always late
Dream: To become a rock star
Fear: To be stuck singing in the family band her whole life
Quote:"I care more about other people than myself"

Coma has been accepted at Clover academy after being kicked out of Maple academy after taking the blame for a cruel school prank. While the school wouldn't usually take in 'bad' students they saw something in Coma's music skills (and her families money.)

She is in a family band called "Ties that bind" but desperately wants to leave and start her own rock band. She is hoping that her time away from her family will help them get used to the fact that she is not always going to be around and that she has to peruse her own dreams.

Last edited by comawhite (05/09/2016 at 07:10)

https://media.giphy.com/media/gwbsNcypLXWaQ/giphy.gif

#5 05/09/2016 at 15:27

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

/vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Name: Sydney Finney

Quote: "I've got faith of the heart, going where my heart will take me."

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28617.jpg

Extra:
Sydney, a week after the Charity Ball on New Year's Eve, was still battling a cold and was mostly keeping to her room. She hadn't heard anything from Christoph and didn't know where she stood with him. However, she had seen both Chris and Dan in the cafeteria, and decided to sit as far away from them as possible in order to avoid being seen. She hadn't seen Kennedy at all.

Story:
School would be starting again soon, and Syd knew she had to get her mind back into focus. Also, living on scholarships and her parent's support wasn't easy. It was time to think of doing something to help support herself, and that meant getting a part time job. After talking with the academy's counselor, and telling him that her life's ambition was to become a successful writer, Counselor, Mr. Willhelm, told her the only opening at the moment was at the academy's library. She opened her mouth intending to turn that opportunity down. But then, she decided, 'why not give it a chance; it just may be a start on getting a feeling of where she stood with Chris'. Of course, there would be no chance of avoiding him since he had been working there already himself during the last semester. It would also mean she would likely run into Daniel as the boys were best friends, and apparently they had remained friends. Or at least it seemed that way after overhearing part of a conversation between them in the library when they thought they were alone.

What Sydney never knew was that the partial discussion she had overheard wasn't about the kiss at all! But she still couldn't get the thought of Chris's unbelieving face, when she had turned that night to leave after the New Year's fireworks show - almost running right over him, out of her mind.

After filling out the required paperwork in order to be approved for the job, Syd headed straight for the library. She stopped at the door and took in a deep breath then firmly turned the knob and let herself in. Not seeing anyone, she took off her jacket and hung it over the nearest chair. This must have caught someone's attention as she immediately heard footsteps heading her way. And that's when she came face to face with Christoph; he habitually put his hand to his face pushing his glasses properly into place even though they were already in place. Syd almost smiled but couldn't move the muscles of her mouth. Both of them stood there in complete silence.

Last edited by MissMelinda (06/09/2016 at 15:03)

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/38/moy/30283.jpg

#6 05/09/2016 at 17:35

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Name: Kennedy Michaels

Quote:There's no better revenge than a life well lived

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28619.jpg

Extra: After Sydney and Daniel sneezing in concert at the New Year's Eve Ball, Kennedy has been avoiding them both...or trying to anyway. Steering clear of Sydney was easy, steering clear of Daniel wasn't though, especially when he showed along with his mother Lady Helen at the family house in Monte Carlo a few days later.

Story:"What's he doing here?" I whispered to my sister as I practically dragged her upstairs the moment it was polite to do so.

"Umm you're welcome." She said angrily, having no choice but to trail behind me into my room as I still held a firm grip on her wrist.

"Wait?! You think I should be thanking you." I responded, letting go of her to close the door behind us.

"Of course you should be thanking me." She started. "Who do you think convinced mom to let your boyfriend stay with us for the weekend."

"My EX boyfriend." I said with a sigh, "I broke up with him on New Years Eve."

"Oh Kennedy I..." she started.

"It's okay, I know you didn't know."

"What happened?"

I spent the next few minutes filling her in on what happened, forcing myself to hold back the angry tears that threatened to escape.

"What are you going to do?" She asked.

"I don't know." I replied, after all what could I do, school would be starting soon as as far as I knew we were both going back to Clover Academy.

Over the course of the weekend I avoided Daniel whenever possible, and when I couldn't do so without being rude I spoke to him politely and without any real emotion. If either of my parents or his mother suspected what was going on they didn't say anything.

On our final night in Monte Carlo as I packed my bag for school the following day there was a brief knock on my bedroom door. Despite instructing whoever it was to come in my door didn't open from the outside. Curious, I opened the door and noticed a note with my name scrawled on it in Daniel's handwriting. The words "please read me." beckoned in smaller script. With shaking hands I opened the folded sheet of paper...

#7 06/09/2016 at 12:51

Notso’Fashion
FactoryGirl
Place: Kosovska Mitrovica

Hi /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

https://s10.postimg.io/achnfb5jd/factorygirl_1.png

Name: Hazel Grant
Sex: f
Virtues: Experienced singer/songwriter/guitarist (genre mostly grunge, but likes to experiment), good person, compassionate, always willing to help, approachable
Flaws: Has a hard time distinguishing trustworthy and untrustworthy people, therefore mostly keeps to herself and is very self-protective; gets impatient easily; struggles with anxiety (which is one of the main themes in her songs)
Dream: To make a living with her music and be judged by that instead by her good looks that makes people not take her seriously most of the time
Fear: To not be able to ever pursue a professional career in music because of lack of money and contacts
Quote: "Trust no one"
Story: Hazel has been brought up by a single mother and she has an older sister who got married a few years ago, so she moved out. Hazel now lives with her mother and they have many financial problems. Her mother works three jobs in order to provide for their home, and Hazel also works as a waitress and sometimes has local acoustic gigs, but doesn't get paid that much. She used to be in a few bands before, but they all broke apart due to the other band members' irresponsibility. Hazel doesn't have any friends since she's been betrayed many times before, due to her compassion towards people and being helpful, so people used her because of this. She also doesn't have a boyfriend for a few years for also this reason, but also because none of the guys she met took her seriously, instead they only saw her looks and didn't care to get to know the real her. Also, her anxiety gets in the way of building a healthy relationship with people. Hazel's main goal for now is to be able to provide for her home and help out her mother.

I was Jelena19 on MissBimbo.

Check my Fashionista edits here: //www.likeafashionista.com/forum/t2759,1-factorygirl-s-fashionista-edits.htm

#8 07/09/2016 at 22:00

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

ROUND 2 CLOSES: Saturday 10th, 22:00 forum time

Round covers January.

And as time flies by it's the start of a new term!

It seems the number of your colleagues has grown – and now those are:

Claire
Constance (Comawhite)
Cristoph
Daniel
Freya
(Fashion-Chic)
Hazel (FactoryGirl)
Jared
Kennedy
(Dare)
Luca
Lucile
Sydney
(MissMelinda)
Tara
Tristan

Now, the new term starts in a tricky way of all the exams piling up in the first few weeks because that's how the system works – either you have nothing to do – or you're swamped with work.

In all that craziness, Jared is too impatient and just needs to organize a ghost hunt.

You see...

There was a girl named Anna. And she went to school right here.
She fell in love with a playboy, leaving him a letter that she'd wait for him in the nearby forest. And she did. She waited till the snow fell. She waited until she froze.

And now her ghost roams around in this forest, every January the 21st and makes all unfaithful men and women infertile.

Of course this story is made up, but people tend to believe even this when sitting in a dark forest with only a flashlight in their hands.

The fact making it scarier is that Tristan thought of it as funny to pull on a white sheet and scare the people hunting for the so-called Anna.

It's not like you're forced to attend... But there's barbecue for all the brave ones that cross the snowy forest to reach the meadows with a cosy cottage.

ROUND REQUIREMENTS:

Name:
Interests: you know what, I'm in a good mood - so pick as many as you are going to use. :3
Outfit: ghost hunt (if you're not joining any other winter outfit is fine
Story: anything you want – though ghost hunt sounds amusing :3 I like scaring you /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png he he he

INDIVIDUAL TASKS
Coming after interests are up.

Freya

Kennedy

Coma

Sydney

Hazel

Chara updates added in second post.
You may post now

Last edited by Tonkolina (08/09/2016 at 16:43)

#9 07/09/2016 at 23:25

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

**I apologise, I got sooo carried away with this...

Interests: Jared, Tristan, Luca, Tara

Outfit:
Link to external image

Story:

"Who's that" I ask, craning my head towards a table at the back of the canteen. Sat cross legged on the table is Tristan. Obviously I know who he is, even though I've only been here a term we've become quite good friends. It's who he's with that's actually peaked my curiosity. A pretty girl with long brown hair.
Jared's cheeks redden slightly. "That's... that's Tara."
"Should we go say -"
"No!" He says - or rather shouts - shaking his head violently.
"Why not?" I say, shocked and confused by my boyfriend's reaction. "I was the new girl once, who knows where I'd be if you didn't come over with Daniel and Tristan."
"She's not new."
"Well I've never seen her before."
"She came here last year but then she left. Now she's back again." I realise he's no longer holding eye contact, instead looking down at the can he's holding in his hand. "Look, I need to go to the library. Coming?" He stands and shifts uncomfortably, waiting for my response
"Sure" I say, pushing myself up. I take one last look at the mysterious girl, before rushing after Jared.

"Do you actually think it's a true story?" I ask Jared later that day, placing the bowl of warm popcorn down on the table. He moves his feet up  the sofa to make room for me. I lie down, resting my head on his chest.
"I don't know," he begins, stroking my head with one hand and using the remote with the other. "but I think it's a pretty good story to use for the ghost hunt."
I smile, nodding my head slightly. "Yeah, it definitely is."

Ghosts have always fascinated me. I've never actually seen one, but when I was younger I used to read stories about people who claim they have. People stating their loved ones returned to say a final farewell, or convinced that a demon is living their house. I always used to say if I didn't make it in the Olympics I'd become a ghost hunter, with one of my own tv shows. Freya's False Friends. Has a good ring to it I think.

I leave my thoughts behind as Jared starts moaning. "High School Muscial? We watched this one two weeks ago!"
I laugh lightly. "We agreed we would take it in turns choosing the films, and I'm not watching another Fast and Furious. Besides, this is the second one. We saw the first one."
He sinks further into the sofa with a sigh, and my head falls a little. "I have already seen them all you know, I do have a younger sister. I already know they're rubbish."
"Come on, we can totally work this out. It'll be fabulous, you can bet on it."
He shakes his head, but gives a small smile. "She made me watch it enough times to know you're referencing songs."
"Just be quiet and watch it." I say, kissing him to keep quiet. When I pull away he remains silent, but snuggles closer to me.

I can't help noticing he's a lot more comfortable without that Tara girl. Whenever she's around, he seems a lot more tense. He seems set that I don't talk to her... why..?

My mind can't help but think about Jared's ghost hunt as I sit in history. He's not really told me much about it, saying that he wants it to be a surprise. Part of me's quite surprised that he's organised an event like this in the first place; I know he's pretty scared of the dark from all the nights I've had to leave the bedside lamp on. I make a mental note to bring loads of torches and plenty of spare batteries.

"Miss. Stephens? Miss. Stephens!" Books slam on the table in front of me snapping me back into reality. My history teacher is glaring hard at me, hands on hips. "Have you been listening to anything I've been saying?"
"Erm..." I pause, not really sure what to say. I could always guess but what'd be the point. "No."
"I DO NOT GET PAID TO TEACH IGNORANT YOUNG GIRLS LIKE YOU. SO MANY STUDENTS WANT TO GET INTO THIS ACADEMY BUT CAN'T BECAUSE THE SCHOOL HAS A RESPONSIBILITY TO AWARD SCHOLARSHIPS TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU. AND YOU'RE JUST WASTING IT. You always arrive late, never hand your homework in on time and don't even bother paying attention."

People like me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I feel myself losing it, the anger boiling inside of me. "Yeah, well maybe if you taught stuff that was actually interesting and you were a half decent teacher I'd listen, you stupid old b-" The class erupts; some people start clapping  but I don't stay to accept my applause. Instead I storm out the room, seeing too much red to pay attention to where I'm going.

As it turns out I end up in the toilets. Heat is radiating off my cheeks so I take advantage of the taps, splashing the cool water over my face. "Hey Freya, you okay?"
I turn around, surprised to see Tara standing there. "Yeah, I'm good thanks." I reply, grabbing a paper towel to dry my face.
"Ms. Austin was bang out of order."
"Oh, you heard that..." I feel my cheeks turn red again, this time more embarrassment than anger. I don't even know what came over me.
"We all did..." She laughs, but stops when she sees my reaction. "I'm Tara by the way."
"Yeah, I know. Jared told me."
"Jared?" Her face lights up at the mention of his name. "He still talks about me?"
I find her question odd. "Well, yeah, I guess."
"Wait..." she says, looking me up and down suspiciously. "Are you the Freya that's with him?"
"Yeah... why?"
"No reason." She stares at me for a few moments before shaking her head. "Anyway, I brought you your bag. Thought you wouldn't want to go back in that room." She smiles whilst handing me my things. "I should probably get going. See you tonight?"
"Yeah, see you tonight. And thanks!"

Once Tara leaves I stare at myself in the mirror, completely not understanding why Jared wouldn't want me to meet her. She seems so nice!

I'm just putting my scarf on when there's a tap at my door. "Coming" I yell, picking up my rucksack. I open the door and before I even have a chance to say hello a pair of arms are thrown around me, holding me tight.
"I heard about your history." Jared says rather quickly. "She was completely out of order saying that to you." Although at first I was disappointed we had history at different times I'm now semi grateful for it - how much worse would it have been if Jared had witnessed my outburst.
"Let's just not talk about it" I mutter, pulling away and putting the key in the door. He opens his mouth to say something, but I quickly carry on. "I finally met Tara today."
He gulps and his face goes pale. "Did... did she say anything about me?"
I feel my head tilt slightly, probably expressing how confused I am. "Well, she seemed happy that you talked about her... why?"
Jared shakes his head. "No reason. Come on, we can't be late." Ignoring how quickly he'd changed the topic I take the hand stretching out towards me.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay with this?" I ask. "I know you're... not a fan of the dark..."
"All the more reason to hold your hand." Our grip tightens as we step outside.

Clouds of vapour dance around the dark sky whenever I breathe, much to my amusement. Like big kids Jared and I pretend to be dragons, that is until he spots one of his friends. "Luca!"
His friend nods back, "Hi Jared." I see his eyes rest on me, but no emotion fills them.
"Luc, this is Freya. The girl I've been telling you about."
Now's my cue. "Nice to meet you" I say, a genuine smile on my face. He continues staring blankly for a moment before slowly giving another nod.
"Who's this you're with?" Jared asks, pointing his head in the direction of a small brunette.
"Oh, her? This is... what was your name again?"
"Claire!" the girl says rather chirpily. "Last year I was in Germany on an exchange programme but now I'm back and I'm so excited because I've missed everyone!" I can't help but laugh at how fast she talks, you have to focus on her fully or you'd miss everything she's saying. Lucas, on the other hand, rolls his eyes, mouthing that he has no idea who she is, but she just keeps following him.

"Shall we get started then?" I say, hoping we can finally get somewhere. Jared looks further into the dark forest that's looming ahead and I can tell by the expression on his face that there's a part of him that's regretting organising this event. I take his hand and squeeze it tight, before leading the group into the woods.

The hunt started off smoothly enough. Jared had planned the walk so it was pretty much a straight line, obviously not wanting to be responsible for people getting lost. We didn't bump into anyone else, it was actually peaceful. Every now and then an owl would hoot causing Claire to grab hold of Luca, much to his delight.

"You're shaking." Jared says, a concerned expression on his face.
"I think I'm just cold." I respond, although my whole body is aching. "And I'm also pretty hungry."
"Here." He takes off his blue coat and puts it on over my leather jacket. "I can't do anything about your hunger, but hopefully this will keep you warm.

I'm grateful for it, but it doesn't really make much difference. I'm still shaking uncontrollably, my head hurts and my legs feel like they can barely support me. And we've not even seen any signs of ghosts, which is what I was excited about.

"Can we stop for a minute, my feet ache." Claire wails. She sits down on the ground, not waiting for our response. Luca sighs, probably wondering why he even bothered coming.
"Yeah, five minutes." Jared says to the group, before leaning in closer to me. "Are you okay, you're still shaking? We can always go back?"
Part of me thinks Jared's had enough of stumbling in the dark, but I feel less willing to give up. "I'm fine, honest. And we need to finish, I want to go to that barbecue." He still doesn't look convinced, but before he can continue questioning me we hear a high pitched scream.

"What the hell was that?" Luca asks, looking in the direction the scream came from.
"You three stay here, I'll go check it out." He takes the most powerful torch we have and runs off. When he removes his arm from behind me I feel myself swaying, but quickly steady myself. What's happening clicks into place, but before I can tell the others a ghost appears before our eyes. Well, when I say ghost, I mean someone disguised very badly under a white sheet. Nevertheless I lose my footing again, this time needing to grab onto a nearby tree for support. Unsurprisingly, Claire screams.

"Stop screaming!" Luca yells, heading towards the now cackling ghost. He rips the sheet away, unveiling Tara standing there practically wetting herself.
"Oh, you guys are too much. You Claire, your screams are deafening. And you looked like you were about to faint in fear Freya. Haha!"
Before I can object two rather blurry figures emerge from the bushes, and although I'm squinting I can't work out who they are.

"It's okay, it was just Tristan messing around scaring some poor girl. She was already gone by the time I got there, I just found Tristan laughing his head off. And then I heard another scream, are you lot okay?."
"This time it was just me 'messing around' as you politely put it." Tara says.
"Freya, are you okay? You look really bad." A blurry figure with Jared's voice steps towards me, but it's dancing around so much I can barely focus.
"She's fine, I just completely scared her. You should have seen it Tristan it was brilli-"
"Tara shut up." Tristan snaps, "There's something seriously up. Freya?"

But before I can answer my legs give way and I crash to the ground. "We need to get her to the infirmary now." A distant voice cries out. Hands grab hold of me and my useless body is lifted into the air.

Then the world fades to black.

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (10/09/2016 at 00:11)

#10 08/09/2016 at 02:02

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Interests: No one...well maybe Luca, but with the way Claire looks at him, and the amount of time he spends with Tara...and Tristan I'm not making any advances. There's also the fact that I still haven't read the note from Daniel.

Outfit: (Dressed for the ghost hunt...because it's better than sitting in the dorms)

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28672.jpg

Story: This was a bad idea. I think to myself. It's not like there's an actual ghost, it's freezing and of course both Daniel and Sydney are here.

Fumbling with my flashlight I make my way forward, wondering why exactly I thought this would be better than sitting in my room with a good book.

"Need help with that?" Comes a voice that's all too familiar. Daniel.

"No." I say as I tap the body of the flashlight causing it to illuminate fully, and without another word I resume walking.

"Kennedy, I'm sorry." Daniel starts as he attempts to catch up with me. "What happened with Syd..."

"You don't have to explain anything to me." I cut him off. "We're broken up remember?" I respond as I speed up.

"But the thing with Syd..." He starts once more.

"Is your business." I say cutting him off again as I continue to quicken my pace.

For a while Daniel tries to keep up with silence, until a high pitched shriek stops us both in our tracks. We don't have to guess at what it is for more than a few moments as a bundled up blonde comes rushing at him. I don't know her, but Daniel seems to, and I use their conversation as the perfect opportunity to avoid any more awkwardness with him.

The rest of the walk through the forest is uneventful, almost disappointingly so. Based on that I decide to skip the party at the cottage and head back to the dorms.

Over the next few days I manage to narrowly avoid a glitter bomb, opt to pay way too much for a book from Amazon and have it shipped overnight rather than deal with chaos in the library, and manage to get sent to the headmistresses office for smoking...

I wasn't actually smoking; I was walking past Luca who was smoking when I was trying to wrestle a package into my bag and managed to drop it, along with a few stray papers. As I bent down to pick it up; I heard a stern voice behind me, the English teacher Mrs. Hagersmith.

"I know you're not smoking again Luca, it'll be a suspension this time."

Using the dropped package I nudged his foot, and when he looked down I beckoned for him to give me the cigarette, hoping that he'd understand my pantomiming quickly. He did thankfully, and cigarette in hand I stood up.

"Actually Mrs. Hagersmith, Luca wasn't smoking."

"Kennedy?" Mrs. Hagersmith asked perplexed, before regaining her composure, "Straight to the administration building."

"Yes ma'am." I said making a show of putting the cigarette out, and grabbing my things off the ground. Glancing back at Luca I could swear I detected a smile.

He really is cute.

Having never been in trouble before, and I suspect because of who my parents are, the headmistress handed out what I'm sure she assumed was a light punishment: 5 hours of stocking books in the library to be completed before end of term. Daniel spent a lot of time in the library because of Christoph...and probably because of Sydney who I guess worked there, and now I was going to be forced to spend time there...with both of them.

Last edited by Dare (08/09/2016 at 17:36)

#11 08/09/2016 at 06:27

Fashion’Talker
comawhite

Name - Constance white

Interests - Is quite interested in getting to know Daniel better. Would like to get to know Hazel as well, if she would let her in.

Outfit- Dressed for ghost hunting because wouldn't seeing a ghost make a interesting song??

http://i68.tinypic.com/102uoau.png

Story To be added after individual tasks are received

I walked straight into the cute chatty boy that I had been staring at in English class  while I was stumbling around looking for the music room. I was already late. Fancy that I thought,  I walk straight into the cute boy from English while already looking like an idiot. So embarrassing!

Lucky for me he was very nice and offered to find the music room for me even though his friends seemed to think that he had no idea where it was. Perhaps not a musician then I thought...oh well he is still cute. He could always learn from me..I have always liked introducing people to my hobby.

Wait....I thought...what am I thinking?? I barely know this boy and I am already thinking about having a relationship with him. I am the new girl here and don't even know if he has a girlfriend. I wouldn't want to steal anyone's boy. No..I must focus on my music.

On our way towards the music room Daniel told me about the upcoming ghost hunt and whether I wanted to come. I was of course very excited about the prospect as I had been needing new material for awhile. Imagine seeing a ghost and being able to write a song about it? Daniel told me all about the ghost girl Anna and I was even more keen, picturing music videos and the like. Very silly really. I started telling Daniel about my plans and he seemed very interested even suggesting that he could help produce it because 'he was very smart.' I laughed at that but if I can get a band together this year...maybe he can just help me... Of course he is just a cute boy from the hall and who knows when I will have the guts to talk to him again.

Daniel left me at the door and I walked in to the sounds of guitar. Worried that I was incredibly late I rushed in only to see one person in the room.

"Hazel?" I asked, not sure if that was her name. I vaguely remembered her from maths class but that class was always a blur.

"Yes," she said shyly "You are Constance right?"

"Yeah that's me. Where is the rest of the class?

"Oh. she said. "The teacher is sick and they couldn't get a reliever. They sent the class out to the library. I stayed."

I decided to stay as well. We practiced until the bell rung and I think Hazel may have mumbled something about hoping to see me at the ghost hunt. I do hope we can be friends.

Last edited by comawhite (10/09/2016 at 14:34)

#12 08/09/2016 at 11:28

Notso’Fashion
FactoryGirl

Interests: No one, at least not romantically, but I'm interested in Constance as a potential friend
Outfit: For the ghost hunt (Hazel's thoughts: "Hopefully people here are not into fashion so much, because this winter coat is the only one that I have, and there is not much I can choose from in my closet in general")

https://s4.postimg.io/8q85mix5p/factorygirl_2.png

Story:

Hazel was in her room at the dorm, thinking about whether she should go outside and meet new people. But, she felt so comfortable on her own with only her guitar and her thoughts to rely on. "Well, I may as well learn a new song to play." she thought. She had a laptop with her that her mother borrowed from one of her richer friends. "Well, let's see how this old laptop works. I'm gonna find some chords online." Hazel thought as she turned on the laptop. "The only thing that is supposedly not working is the sound and the screen is cracked a little bit... I don't understand why anyone would buy a new laptop only because of this, since it's working fine. I guess only people with more money than me can understand that." she thought as she found some chords to play. She was playing for about 20 minutes, when suddenly she noticed that someone put some paper under her door. She stood up from her bed and saw an envelope, so she opened it. "Ghost hunt?" she mumbled to herself in confusion. It looked like an invitation. Then she looked up about it online. Having no more inspiration to play, she decided to join the ghost hunt. She left her room and went to the living area, where most of the students were sitting. It wasn't too crowded, but she was still anxious. Non the less, when she saw one free chair that is a bit far from the rest, she decided to sit. After about 10 minutes, a cute (and fashionable) blonde girl approached her. "Hey there!" the girl smiled. Hazel looked at her nervously, trying to crack a smile.
"I am Lucile, what's your name?" the girl wasn't giving up.
"Hazel." Hazel said quietly.
"Oh...ok." Lucile giggled. "I love your...um...h-hat. It's...nice."
"Keeps me warm." Hazel smiled.
"What brand is your coat, though?"
"Um...I don't know. It's my mom's old coat."
"Oh." Lucile almost made a disgusted face expression. "We should go shopping together!"
"Ehm...right." Hazel said almost sarcastically.
"Sorry, did I offend you? I was just being friendly."
"No, don't worry about it. I just...don't go...shopping."
"Well...um...what do you do for fun, then?"
"I...play guitar."
"Look..." Lucile sat next to her on another chair "that's really nice, but...we girls should stick together and do fun things that girls do, you know? And you're way too pretty not to do those fun things!" she giggled.
"Um...I just do what's fun for me, I guess."
"Hmm...guys don't like girls that are not fun, you know? I can help you with your makeup and outfits! And then we're gonna go out and have fun!"
"Um...no, thanks." Hazel frowned a bit, when Tara passed by and laughed to herself.
"Don't look at her. She is MEAN! Trust me, if you want to leave here without being heart-broken and let down by people, you should stick with me!"
"Actually, my bullet-proof method is not to stick with anyone and only rely on myself."
"Of course! But, you still need a friend. Well, I am offering you my help with anything, it's up to you if you want to accept." Lucile smiled and left Hazel confused. "My past experiences just have to serve me this time. Lucile seems like a completely opposite of me, but she was the only one in this room who was nice enough to approach and make a conversation. I just can't let myself be too trusting from the beginning." she thought.
Hazel viewed this ghost hunt as child's play, even though some people took it seriously. "Well, I didn't find any ghosts, but at least I have managed to stay away from the people" she thought sarcastically. She didn't stay long at the ghost hunt, so she went back and decided to play her guitar in the music room.
"Hazel?" she heard a voice and saw Constance at the door. Hazel was interested in Constance because she is also a musician, so when she decided to stay in the room, too, they practiced together. This was the best and truest way for Hazel to get to know someone - by playing music together, and she had a feeling that Constance is different from the other students, in a good way. They didn't talk much, but they got to know each other a little bit more by playing music, and this is what Hazel needed at the moment.

Last edited by FactoryGirl (10/09/2016 at 13:12)

Check my Fashionista edits here: //www.likeafashionista.com/forum/t2759,1-factorygirl-s-fashionista-edits.htm

#13 08/09/2016 at 14:50

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

Interest: Christoph, Daniel, Tristan(who knows, he is a gentleman, polite, nice, and doesn't talk a lot-but she doesn't necessarily like his pranks. Claire(after all, she is Christoph's sister-but she doesn't know that yet), Tara(she could make a loyal friend, and she's honest, but like Tristan, will her pranks be a problem)

Outfit: - Dressed for ghost hunt.
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28683.jpg

Story:

'Burrrr...it's cold outside,' Sydney says to herself as she shivers her way to the Library. Looking up, as she takes off her coat, she sees Christoph, Daniel, and Tristan hanging out. Well, you couldn't really ever say that Chris 'hangs out', he's usually hard at work. Even now, while Dan is laying back on the couch playing with a Rubik's Cube, and Tristan looks like he's just walked in to join them, Christoph is alphabetically sorting documents. All three seem amused when she walks in, but they don't share their amusement. Then Sydney realizes another person is in the room; she gives Syd a perky little smile which Sydney isn't sure how to take. The girl is adorable with long, silky, light-brown hair and friendly brown eyes. She looks somehow familiar, but Syd can't exactly imagine why. The puzzling girl walks over to Chris and gives him a big hug.

'Oh Chris, the girl complains, 'You never seem to get the time to have lunch with me, and you know it.' 'You'd better be finished in time to join the ghost hunt' she says as she plops down on one of the chairs where Dan is still silently playing the Rubik's Cube, and Tristan is now sitting on the arm of the couch. Tristan seems not to know the girl either and being the gentleman, he asks, 'and may I inquire of who you are?'

'Well', she began glancing over at Chris, 'I'm Claire, the woman who controls his life!' Looking back at Tristan, she asks, 'and who might you be?' In reply, 'My name is Tristan, just another regular student around here.' 'Yeah', Sydney thinks when she knows what a prankster he is, and even more, he has family connections making him much more than 'regular'.   

'What's this I hear about a ghost hunt', asks Sydney? She looks toward all of them, but it's Chris who answers, 'Jared has organized a ghost hunt for tonight; it's a slight walk in the forest to a meadow where there's even a cozy cottage, and there will be a barbecue.'

Tristan takes over and continues with the fabled ghost story, 'The story goes, a girl named Anna who loved and lost, and then froze to death out there in the forest... waiting and waiting...for her lover who never came.' 'And now', Tristan goes on, 'her ghost roams the forest every January 21st!'. 'Boooooo', he laughs as he waves his arms around as if they would make him float with mist under his feet.

'Well Syd', Chris changes the subject, 'I've got some good news and some bad news.' 'The good news you've already heard is the ghost hunt tonight, if you call that good news, and the bad news is we've got to get to work.'

'That's why I'm here', Syd smiles.

'Oh, but you don't know the rest of it,' the others looking amused again while Chris continues, 'It seems Tristan has an old friend, Tara, and she and Tristan thought it would be a great prank to hack the library system and rearrange all the books by color!' 'So now, we have to find for every student looking for a book... by it's color association' he sighs.

'Well, I did come and warn you', Tristan pipes up, 'even when I wasn't supposed to.' 'She should be finished by now, everything for a lady, huh?' he almost giggles.

Sydney now realizes that Tristan had been holding a book which was rare for him, and she should have been suspicious. However, now she knows why everyone has been a little amused while she was at a loss.

'For goodness sake!', exclaims Sydney, "We have a problem here Huston", she quotes, 'I'm pretty much color blind, and I'm not kidding.' 'I can see most colors, but certain one's like browns and reds - and blues and greens, I have to mostly go by hues,' she pouts.

Just then Tara, a pretty dark-brown haired girl with sharp but lovely features walks in with a look of achievement and humor on her face.

'You can wipe that grin off Tara,' Tristan told her, 'they know.'

'Great to meet you Tara; I'm Sydney', Syd begins, 'guess what...I'm color blind.' 'And what will we do when the school finds out?'

'Oh', Tara holds back what would have been a reckless laugh and covers her mouth with her hand. 'Don't worry about the school sweetie, I've been using a proxy server,' she winks, 'and don't worry about the system; it'll reset again in twenty-four hours...it's just today you have to worry about...great to meet you too.'

'Well, we're all going to get to know each other really well now because you guys are all going to help!' Chris tells them. He looks over at Dan, who hasn't said a word all this time which was unusual for him, and Chris knows he's not going to get any help from him. Daniel had been feeling stubborn ever since he'd found out about Syd working at the library which Chris had told him earlier. It wasn't that he didn't like Syd, but he was still uncertain about her, and he had other worries on his mind. There was his old crush, Lucile, here at the academy this semester, and there was Kennedy who didn't seem to want anything to do with him. He still hoped to fix things with Kennedy, but he was inclined to delay tackling his problems and just try to get around them. He was lost in his thoughts and seemingly fixated with that Rubik's cube.

'Sure we are,' joined in Tara, 'but don't count on Tristan and me to remember just where and what we did with all the books.' 'Anyway, let's get started' Tara sassed at them, 'we don't want to miss the ghost hunt and the barbecue later, now do we!'

Sydney sighed and looked over at Chris just as he was pushing his perfectly situated glasses even more perfectly onto his face. She wished she could tell him how cute she thought he was, but then so was Dan. And Sydney hadn't forgotten that kiss, nor did she know if she had possibly picked up a certain vibe from Chris. 'What was with these guys', she asked herself, men!'

The library door was slightly ajar; Sydney had thought for a moment that she had seen a slight movement or a shadow on the other side. Apparently, Dan had noticed it too because he was also looking in the same direction. Neither of them could have guessed that the movement was Kennedy standing outside the door just long enough to hear the voices of the occupants gathered in the library seating and desk area. And she had spotted Daniel sprawled out on the couch; she quietly left and made her way back down the hallway.

---------------------------------------------------

'What an afternoon!' Syd exclaimed to herself alone in her room. She was getting dressed for a really cold trek through the forest, and hopefully some warm barbecue to look forward to. Sydney didn't believe in ghost, but for some reason she still always enjoyed a good ghost story. After tonight's fun though, Syd knew she had to hit the books for the rest of the week; it was time for exams right at the beginning of the semester, but tonight she wasn't going to think about them. She was going to have fun, maybe make some new friends, and of all things...hunt for a ghost!

It had been decided that Sydney, Chris, Dan, Tristan, Tara, and Claire would all go together in a group. As the group headed out, Syd caught up to Chris and walked along beside him. It was really cold and Syd was glad she had bundled up in clothes. And there was plenty of snow, but it wasn't so deep that it made walking difficult. However, there was a little wind that chilled with particles of ice.

'Claire seems friendly' Syd stated to Chris as they walked ahead. 'Have you known her long?'

'Only all of my life and hers,' he laughed. 'Oh man, I guess I didn't even properly introduce her to you; she's my sister, and she, Dan, and I have been friends since childhood.'

'Well at least that explained some things', Syd thought.

Dan and Claire had caught up to Chris and Sydney while Tristan and Tara seemed to be slowing behind until it was just the four of them still in the group.

'Daniel', Sydney teased, 'remember when you thought I was a ghost on the night of the school Halloween party?' 'Are you sure you want to find this forlorn Anna ghost?'

'Come on,' Dan said speaking to her for the first time in weeks, 'you know I didn't really think you were a ghost!' 'I was just goofing off.'

'We're almost to the meadow', Christoph informed them. And just as they made it to their destination, Jared was running and screaming while a white sheet covering familiar legs and shoes was chasing right behind him. Jared kept running on heading deeper into the forest, but the white sheet stopped to catch it's breath almost in hysterics and bent over laughing.

'We can't just let him keep going,' Sydney exclaimed, 'I'm going after him. And she took off running for what seemed like miles. She was slipping and sliding on the snow covered ground, and branches coated in icicles seemed to reach out scratching and slapping into her face trying to slow her down, but she kept to her feet, thankfully. It was a good thing Syd had her compass with her or they'd both be ghost...frozen to death, and lost in the forest. When Syd finally caught up to Jared she wanted to pop him in the head, instead she finally calmed him down knowing how afraid he was of the dark. When she pulled out her compass she lead them right back to where Tristan was still laughing now along with Tara, and Chris, Dan, and Claire just stood there as if everyone were out of their minds. Apparently, Jared with Syd chasing behind him had been running in circles, and they hadn't gone far off track at all. Not even a quarter of a mile. Embarrassed Jared left the group and joined his friends. They all joined the crowd and enjoyed the delicious barbecue.

No one had seen the ghost, the supposedly real ghost...just Tristan and his duo partner in pranks, Tara. Everyone was accounted for, and all were relaxing after a good meal, a few jokes, and Sydney got to know Claire a little better. She really liked her, and it dawned on her why she had looked familiar before; she was much like Chris both in manner and looks, but much easier to talk to.

As the 'ghost hunt' was winding down people were getting up to leave. Then the room got instantly quiet when everyone heard a heavy thump at the cottage door...then the rattle of a chain. No one moved or even breathed as the door started to slowly open. In a flash, there was a mob at the back door...everyone trying to get out at the same time. Sydney knew it couldn't be a ghost, but was almost just as frightened as if it had been. Being the last to leave, she looked back to see an old, hermit man leading his just-as-old hermit dog by a leash into the cottage. So the cottage was occupied and no one had known it. Likely, the old man was simply the caretaker.

Hopefully, Jared hadn't seen the man or the dog or she'd need that compass again!

(edited to do a little tweaking on my story)  :)

Last edited by MissMelinda (10/09/2016 at 07:06)

#14 10/09/2016 at 19:57

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

ROUND 3 CLOSES:
Tuesday 13th, 22:00 forum time

Schools like this like organising parties and balls and dances at any given opportunity and what is Valentine's day if not an opportuinity to dress up and get some money from some rich people.
What? Did you think it was about love?

Sure. If you like to believe that /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

Anyways, because dances and balls are not profitable enough, this time the school has set a bidding event. Only you'll bid for dates – without knowing what they look like or what sex they are.

BUAHAHAHAHAHA
*this is your host laughing at her own meanness*

The following items are available for bidding. Rule is first come, first served. Tough break, but hey, surprises can be fun :3 Can’t they?

Link to external image

The person you choose will be the one organising the date so you have no worries about that! Of course the day can be purely fun and not just romance oriented.

ROUND REQUIREMENTS:

Name:
Interests: up to four
Chosen item:

INDIVIDUAL TASKS
Coming after item and interests are up.

Kennedy

Coma

Sydney

Hazel

Freya

You may post now.

Last edited by Tonkolina (11/09/2016 at 18:03)

#15 10/09/2016 at 22:34

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Interests: Luca...although I'm still feeling apprehensive about that
Chosen item: "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

Auction

https://s10.postimg.org/w74u1swl5/auction.png

There's a wave of relief that courses through me when I realize that in lieu of a traditional Valentine's day dance that there's going to be an auction. Auctions are something I understand, boys aren't, especially not the boys at this school...at least not the ones I like, or liked. Luca has barely said two cryptic words to me, and while they weren't unkind they were clear: he's not interested which is fine, I'm not going to wallow about it, at least he didn't lead me on. And then there's Daniel...I don't even want to think about Daniel.

I almost don't bid though when I realize that it's not just the items that are up for grabs but dates as well.

"You can't not bid." My sister informs me when I call to tell her about the dilemma. "Think about how that'll make our family look."

I want to protest, but I know she's right. My parents would have a fit if I didn't participate in a philanthropic activity.

Grudgingly, I make my way to where the auction is being held and vow to bid as little as possible without upsetting my parents...and then I see it, a signed first edition of "To Kill a Mockingbird." It's one of my favorites books, and while I own two copies of it neither of them are autographed. Without hesitating I bid a substantial amount on it, thinking that whoever I'll be forced to go out with can't possibly be all that bad.

The date

https://s12.postimg.org/4tl2ru0m5/d_TW.png

Daniel arrives the day after the auction with my book in hand.

"You look nice." He says shyly as he hands over the book.

"Thanks." I respond as I will myself to make eye contact as I take the book from him. "Maybe this is a bad idea..." I say thinking out loud.

"Maybe," he starts, "But I'm pretty sure that my mum has already called your parents to tell them we're going out, so we can sit here and make something up to tell them, or we can just go out."

"My parents would know I was lying." I offer in response.

"Amateur." He responds with a smile. "I promise it'll be fun."

"Is this a joke?" I ask when I realize where we are, a museum of broken relationships.

"What? I thought you liked museums?"

"Art museums. History museums. Science museums. Not museums that remind me of what a jerk the last guy I dated was." I seethe through clenched teeth refusing to go in.

"How can you still be mad about Syd? Chris liked her and he forgave me."

"Well I liked you!" I started "And of course Chris forgave you, he's your friend."

"So...we're friends...or we were." He says sounding uncertain.

"Uh no Daniel we weren't friends." I clarify. "I was a girl you  kissed after a party and then we started dating, we skipped being friends. Sydney was a girl you kissed whenever and...."

"Kennedy..." He replies cutting me off, "Kennedy I didn't date her, it was a kiss, before you and I became official."

"But not before you kissed me. What were you just waiting to see which of us would be willing to date you? Was she smart enough to say 'no'?"

"I never asked her."

"That's not the same as saying you never would have."

"So what I'm not allowed to like other girls?" He asked angrily.

"You're allowed to like who you want...but so am I and I don't like you." I say storming off.

"How can you say that?" He asks following behind me.

"You weren't honest with me."

"Oh you want to play the honesty card Kennedy? How many people here know who you really are? How many people have seen your parents place in Monte Carlo..."

"You did." I say cutting him off, "I trusted you and look what that got me." I say turning away from him.

"How many times do I have to apologize?!" He asks running behind me. "A dozen more? A hundred? What about the letter?"

At the mention of the letter I stop, it's still folded, unopened in the bottom of my suitcase.

"I never read it." I admit "But I don't see how it could change anything."

"Read it. Please." He says placing his hand on my shoulder as he catches up with me. "Please."

"Fine." I agree. "Fine."

Her name was Lucile and I loved her...The letter begins, and based on that alone I almost crumple it up and throw it across the room.

"Who starts an apology letter saying they loved someone else?" I ask my sister a few moments later once I've gotten her on the phone. I told Daniel I'd read his letter, I didn't say I'd do it alone.

"Is that all it says?" She asks curiously.

"Of course not, there's like a full page."

"Well then keep reading."

I continue out loud, and as I do I begin to understand. Lucile was a girl Daniel had a major crush on, and while there were times he thought she may feel similarly, she never truly reciprocated his feelings. Eventually he'd been able to get her out of his system, but he'd never been able to shake the feeling that he wasn't good enough for a relationship. He apologized for hurting me, and hoped we could still be friends...maybe more, hopefully more.

"So are you going to forgive him." My sister asked when I finished reading.

The do-over

https://s15.postimg.org/kikq5uh63/do_over.png

"Are you wearing the same thing from a few nights ago?" I ask Daniel when I see him next. Almost a week has passed and I've asked him to meet me at the museum.

"Why aren't you wearing the same thing?" He asks. "You were the one who said this was a do-over."

"That doesn't mean I was going to dig through my laundry to find what I wore."

"Shame." He says with a smile, "You looked great in that skirt."

"Whatever." I reply adjusting my glasses and letting him know I won't be baited. "Before I forget this is for Chris." I say handing him the book I'm holding.

"Something he lent you?" Daniel asked curiously.

"No, it's an advanced reader copy of "Go set a Watchmen", I figured he should get something more than just helping you out of the switch at the auction. And while he likely already has a copy, this version is much more valuable"

"You knew?" He asked taking the book.

"Not that night, but you were right your mum did call my parents. She thought it was romantic that you and Chris switched and so of course my mum called to tell me how you seemed like a good match"

"Did you think it was romantic?"

"I thought it was...typical of you, thinking about yourself first." My words are calm

"Kennedy I don't want to fight with you." He says reaching out for my hand.

"We're not fighting Daniel. But I read the letter and you seem to think that because some girl played with your emotions that you have the right to play with mine...and maybe Sydney's and who knows how many other girls."

"I said I was sorry..."

"Saying your sorry doesn't undo everything. If Lucile said she was sorry would that change what she did?"

"So what do you want?" He says after a few moments of silence.

"I don't know." I admit. "Part of me wants to kiss your stupid face...but we both know how acting on impulse turned out last time."

"This could be different." He says leaning in "You're smarter than I am."

"Or it could be exactly the same." I say not moving.

"Was I that bad of a boyfriend?"

"Yes...I mean no, I mean you kissed another girl..."

"Syd was before we were dating!" He tries to remind me

"But not before you kissed me..." I say finally pulling away.

"Chris forgave me..." He starts.

"Chris is your friend."

"So can we be friends?"

"What do you think this do-over is about?" I ask finally smiling.

"I think she likes you." I whisper to Daniel a week later as we're sitting outside when a pretty girl walks past us.

"Who Constance?"

"So you know her?" I ask, Constance and I don't have many classes together but I'd have to be blind not to notice how she looks at Daniel when he and I are together.

"Do you realize how weird this is Kennedy?"

"What? You and Chris don't talk about this stuff?"

"We do but..."

"But nothing, we're friends right?"

"Right."

"Well then as your friend, I'm going to tell you not to mess things up with her when you go over and say hello."

"What? Now?" He asks.

"Yes now." I say "Go."

"Uh is this a test?"

"If it was you'd be failing. If we're going to be friends we have to be okay with the other person dating."

"Dating? I thought you just said to go say 'hello'?"

"I mean eventually...possibly; just go...and use your words not a kiss...not yet...not until you know."

"No promises." He says flashing a sly smile before rushing to catch up with Constance.

Last edited by Dare (11/09/2016 at 22:56)

#16 11/09/2016 at 00:51

Fashion’Talker
comawhite

Name - Constance White
Interests - Daniel but we only have met twice, once at the ghost hunt and before that in the hall. I am hoping to get to know him though, ask about helping with music videos...maybe be friends. Love to hang out with Hazel more even if it is just playing music or going to the record store.

Chosen item - Teddy bear

AUCTION

http://i64.tinypic.com/11cbmtf.png

I really didn't want to bid on the stupid auction as there were so many better ways to raise money for charity. Of course  my parents left me no choice. They gave me a  a large cheque and made me promise that I would use it all. I couldn't disappoint them.

I tried to be happy about the whole thing but spent all day at school dreading the hour the auction was to be held.

The auction seemed very boring at first  We were bidding for very mundane things that I had no real interest in. The only thing that struck any interest was the motorbike but I did not have my license there was no point.

It was only after I heard whispers from the crowd that the auction was actually for a blind date that I had any interest.  Forgetting all my previous disinterest I bid the cheque amount on the brown teddy-bear. Hoping that it would be Daniel. Of course I did feel a bit guilty about it as I think that he is going out with a girl named Kennedy, I see them out in the hall a lot.

I won Claire. Of course she would be the teddy-bear with her cute smile and general demeanor.
She waved over in that smiley way that she always has. Her makeup as perfect as her clothes. I am sure that she is a nice girl but she just seems the type that talks about clothes and popular music. Our groups don't get along. I am very much dreading this date

We didn't get the chance to talk after the auction as the bell rung for the end of the day. It was a Friday so I had the weekend to worry about what sort of 'date' Claire wanted to go on with me.

The weekend passed by quickly as it often does when you are dreading something.
The dread continued all week as I heard nothing from Claire. It wasn't until the following week that I heard from her.
She was out in the hall with some friends. Daniel and Kennedy were among them. My heart sank a little as they looked very close.
That made sense though as Kennedy had won Daniel as a date on Friday. They kept gesturing over at me. I was to afraid to approach them so I waited until somebody approached. Then Daniel came over seeming to be nervous about something.

"Hello." He said smiling.

"Hey Daniel, how was your weekend?"

"It was good. Me and Kennedy had a good time. Have you met her yet?"

"I have seen her around but never talked to her."

"Kennedy come here he said. Meet Constance.

"Hi she said. You won a date with Claire didn't you?

"Yes, she hasn't said where she wants to go yet."

Claire came over.

"I think we should go to the amusement park. They have the teacups and I really want to ride one. I am sorry I didn't talk after the auction, I have been busy."

"That sounds great." I said, feeling slightly annoyed that she hadn't bothered to talk to me earlier. Maybe that was why I blurted out,"Can Daniel come too if he wants?" You know each other well and I don't know either of you . Having us all together means it will be less awkward as there is more to talk about. Of course Daniel has to want to come to... There could have been another reason for me saying that as well. I was to scared to look over at Kennedy's reaction.

To my surprise Claire was cool with the idea.

"Sure Daniel can come." Said Claire. "More people mean more chances at wining teddy bears!"

"Daniel?" I asked

He doesn't even look at Kennedy and immediately says yes. I am not sure if I should feel bad about this.

I was slightly more excited for the date now that Daniel was coming. I don't really want to go on all the cute rides though. I knew I would though....to be nice.

THE DATE

http://i63.tinypic.com/1zebno3.png

We went out to the amusement park on Saturday afternoon. It took me hours to figure out what I should wear. Was I dressing up for Daniel or  Claire? I finally decided to wear a cute top and my new boots. I would take a jacket in case I got cold. I could leave it at home and see if Daniel would offer me his...no that wasn't a good idea....

The fair ground music transported us into another world instantly. That is something I really love about music, its ability to take you to another world.

Instantly Daniel started complaining about the food on offer. He was hungry. Claire tried to convince him that it would be best not to eat before going on the rides but he was resistant. We searched the grounds for food but Daniel didn't like any of it. It seems he is a picky eater. We eventually managed to find him something that he enjoyed. A extra large lollipop. Someone always had to hold it while the other went on the ride. This was good though. I had one on one time with both Daniel and Claire.

As soon as the lollipop had been bought Claire dragged me of to the teacups. I am not sure if she would have acted the same if Daniel had been there.

Me and Daniel rode the ghost train through haunted mountain but couldn't get Claire to ride with either of us. Even after the ride operator said he would hold the lollipop. While on the train our hands kept brushing and I was thankful for the dark so that Daniel could not see me blush.

Claire said she would ride the  terror coaster if I told her my feelings for Daniel. I refused and rode it screaming next to Daniel who had missed Claire's and I's conversation due to him searching for more food. Not a good time to talk but we did bond over pure fear.

As punishment, for not telling Claire about my feelings, I was forced to ride the fairy train with Claire. On this she   asked me about Daniel over and over again.

"I can't say anything." I said.

"Why? You asked him out so you must like him?"

"This is just as friends and isn't he with Kennedy anyway?"

"No....I don't think so...not her...someone else that he needs to get over. You should ask him. He might say yes. He said yes to this "

"Please stop pestering and enjoy the ride I said with some anger."

She appeared insulted but got over it quickly when we passed the fairy king.

No bears were won for Claire  but I did go home with a goldfish at the end of the date.

Claire's pestering did not ruin it. I think she is just looking out for Daniel. She is a very sweet girl actually. She even knows something about rock music.
and knows something about rock music. She even listens to it occasionally and would love to wear black lipstick. She told me on the teacups:

"I wish I could be less of a girly girl sometimes.Care less about what people think of me."

Daniel didn't talk about himself much. Instead he asked about me. He is fun to talk to but if we are to be friends he needs to open up more. He also really needs to stop trying to be so nice all the time. He won me the goldfish after wasting $!0.

The date ended with hot chocolate and hot dogs. I think that it went very well. I view Claire differently know and have plans to try and get Daniel to open up to me. Is that really okay for me to do though? Should I be worrying about Kennedy's feelings? I think I need to talk to her about this.

MONDAY MORNING
Hazel approached me on Monday morning asking me if I want to perform on stage with her. I of course jumped at the chance to do so. I would love to perform with Hazel and if I invite my parents to come they can see how it would be possible for me to make it without them.

I am very pleased that I have accepted this offer. I was becoming worried that I was becoming obsessed with Daniel, and forgetting about my music. I have been dreaming about our time on the ghost train.

Last edited by comawhite (13/09/2016 at 09:19)

#17 11/09/2016 at 02:22

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

Interests: Christoph, Daniel, Claire(friend)

Chosen item: Motorcycle

Story:

Sydney was surprised when she got the school memo for the upcoming 'bidding event' rather than the usual organized, dress-up event on Valentine's day. She was rather pleased since she didn't really have much to choose from to wear for extravagant parties or balls. But she wasn't sure how much more profitable this would be for the academy with the students placing bids over rich sponsor's donations. In any case this seemed like a fun idea, but did she have the funds to place a good bid against the other bidders for her chosen item.

When the event started, Syd fixed her eyes intently on the cool red Kawasaki as it was rolled out on the bidding platform. She was so impressed with the motorcycle that she almost missed what the speaker was saying.

"All right folks, listen up," started the Auctioneer, "we'll begin taking bids shortly. But first all of you should know, that with the item you select there will also be a little something extra." "You will actually be bidding for dates rather than what we have set out here," the Auctioneer explained. "Also, you won't know who your date is until he or she is at an arranged meeting place, which we will give you, waiting for you to show up," he finished.

'Well, that explains the odd and extreme differences between the items laid out for bid,' Syd thought, 'and I won't have to worry about the expense of pulling out my nearly empty pockets to buy that awesome motorcycle.' 'But dates...this may be awkward.'

So the bidding began, and as it was, Sydney placed the highest bid for the motorcycle and won. It wasn't really that hard after all, apparently not many people were that excited about the bike...or rather what the bike inspired when it came to the associated prize...a date.

The funny thing was that Sydney was just as surprised as Christoph appeared to be when she showed up at the meeting spot. She had no reason to think that Chris was interested in cycling anymore than he had reason to think she was. And, only he knew that Daniel had convinced him to switch the 'dates' they had pulled without Dan giving Chris any hint as to who the person would be.

'Oh man,' Chris thought, 'it's Sydney, and I really like her...I'm going to make a complete idiot out of myself.'
----------------------------------------

Chris was thinking back to the day when Dan was trying to teach him how to drive the darn thing. There they both sat straddled on Dan's motorcycle with Dan reaching around Chris, like a sweet little school girl, and placing his hands over Chris's hands on the handle bars. People were walking by with mixed expressions on their faces, and a couple of girls didn't even try to hide their giggles when they saw the two boys. Chris and Dan were arguing about exchanging back to the original dates they had pulled. And Dan wasn't about to give in since the exchange required him to read an entire book, which kept him up all night, and the book turned out to be not so interesting to him in the least. So, the switch was a done deal, and Chris had no choice but to try to handle driving this 'monster'.

"You could at least tell me the name of the person I'm sacrificing all this energy for," Chris complained, "you're going to owe me one for life!"

"I didn't read the name Chris, I swear." Dan did know the name, but he wanted to do this for Chris knowing how much Chris really liked Syd. And to make amends for his having kissed Syd when he thought they were alone. But Dan and Syd hadn't been alone; Chris had shown up and had seen and heard the whole thing, then stepping back into a dark corridor, they hadn't been able to see him. But Chris kept this to himself, and he had never told anyone.

"Stop complaining Chris, and let's get this thing rolling," Dan said gruffly, snapping Chris and himself back into the present.

Just then seated on the bike as they were, Claire walked up, "You're getting weird Chris," she exclaimed...a comment he was used to hearing from her. "And I know who your date is," she sang out.

"Come on Claire; I've got to practice driving this thing, just go away," Chris snapped without really meaning to. Changing his tone before she could walk away, he gave her a sweet smile, which usually worked, and asked, "Do you really know who it is? Please, for goodness sake, just tell me," he begged pitifully.

"Okay, I will," Claire responded, "but only if you two sing something for me."

Both boys grinned at each other and began singing: "Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are...".

A small crowd stood by laughing, and Claire just turned and walked away smugly, never revealing the name as promised and getting her revenge against Chris's rudeness.
---------------------------------

And so, now Chris stood there at the meeting spot now knowing the 'date' he had exchanged with Daniel. And he was overwhelmingly nervous about handling the bike with her on it behind him. But he stood calmly, not willing to show his anxiousness, dressed all in black leather and holding a motorcycle helmet.

"I suppose your outfit is related to the bike I bid on, right?" Sydney grinned. "Just let me run back and get changed; then we'll 'let the good times roll,' and she was off in a flash!

Outfit 1:

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28766.jpg

And the 'good times did roll'!

Chris was handling the motorcycle fairly well, but Sydney was a little suspicious about just how familiar he was with this mean machine. Especially, when suddenly there was something in the road and Chris let go of the handle bars and screamed. Sydney impulsively reached around him and grabbed the handle bars, barely missing the large, but slow moving turtle making it's way across the road.

"What in the world is that thing doing out here in the road," Chris shouted?

They had been meandering along the countryside between the academy and the car exhibition, in town, where Chris had told Syd they were heading. He had planned to surprise her, but the silly turtle had ruined that, and now Sydney was insisting on him letting her do the driving.

"Are you sure you can drive a motorcycle Syd?," Chris hesitated.

"Christoph, I just saved both us and that turtle," Sydney replied. "And besides, I do have a motorcycle license. My parents love cycling and insisted I learn to drive one myself. So, I got my license," Sydney grinned.

"Motorcycle license...," Chris began.

"You mean you don't have a motorcycle license Chris?" Syd squealed. "Do you have any idea how much trouble we could have gotten into if something worse had happened?"

Sobered with that statement, was it a statement or hysterics, Chris climbed on behind Sydney. Then before they could take off, he gently turned Syd's face toward him, bent forward, and kissed her softly on the lips. "I'm sorry sweet Sydney."

Before she could start sputtering something stupid, still feeling the warmth of his kiss on her lips, Syd twisted back around, pulled in the clutch, kick-started the engine, and gently eased off the clutch with her left hand and fed the gas with her right hand at the same time. They smoothly pulled off and reached the car exhibition without further incident.

The 'car show' was exciting to Syd; she had been to many before. Back in the early days, her dad had been a car salesman, and every year he took the family to see them. Now, Sydney was exclaiming over each and every shiny, cleanly polished new car wishing she could own one. There were lots of old cars there too, some of them models made before either of them or even their parents were born. Chris was somewhat bored, but didn't let Syd know. So he endured her giving him details about each one she stopped at, there were too many to examine all of them. Especially, since she insisted on even looking under the hoods and pointing out the latest technology. But he did enjoy her story when she told him about the first time her father had taken her to one. She told him that after everyone had viewed the cars, there was a special show in the arena where a man wearing a close fitting swimsuit jumped into a swimming pool and actually wrestled an alligator! Once the alligator was exhausted, the man was named the winner and climbed out of the pool in victory, raising his arms up, although somewhat exhausted himself, and then bowed to the audience.

Chris didn't think that these days wrestling alligators was permissible, but now he was pleasantly surprised when this time the entertainment was the unveiling of 'The Car of the Future'! The thing was magnificent; like a craft from outer space! It was shaped like a bullet, with chrome, fins, exhaust with pollution control, and so light-weight it took much less gasoline than seemed possible. The panel inside looked like the car was made to take flight, but of course he knew that wasn't the case. However, he sure would have liked to have checked out all the buttons on the stereo.

Exhausted, Chris and Syd left the show. This time Chris immediately jumped on the bike behind Syd and slid his arms around her, holding her closely and enjoying the feel of her warm body...wishing he could kiss her again.

When they returned to the academy, Chris told Sydney that this date wasn't over yet. She was surprised, but pleasantly so, and she was willing to go wherever he planned to lead her.

"We'll just go on up and get changed out of these 'Hell's Angels' clothing; then meet me downstairs," Chris told Syd. "Oh, and just put on something casual...and this time we're taking the bus!"

Outfit 2:
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/36/moy/28767.jpg

Getting off the bus, Sydney was gratefully pleased to see that Chris had taken her to a book cafe. She had sensed that Chris was a little bored at the car exhibition, but was happy he had perked up when they had seen the 'super car of the future'. But the book cafe was certainly something they both could enjoy completely, both in their element! A warm cup of coffee, a doughnut, and a good book was just the perfect fulfillment at the end of the day. The couple browsed the shelves, shared their common interests in their favorite books, and exclaimed over the newest releases. There was even a 'reading' by a popular author, which they both admired, and then after purchasing the author's newest novel they got in line for a signing.

When they got back to the academy, Chris pulled Syd into a shadowed corner wrapping his arms around her and gave her a long, sweet kiss.

Still feeling the depth of that kiss, Chris said, "I really enjoyed today Syd." Then he whispered into her ear, "I really like you sweet Sydney."

"I really like you too sweet Christoph," she whispered back. And they both meant it without a doubt!

Just as Syd reached the top of the stairs, she heard Chris speaking below aloud to himself, 'Oh man, am I ever glad that Dan and I exchanged our dates!'

"What!" Syd almost yelled down to him, but she didn't yell, and he hadn't heard.

Last edited by MissMelinda (13/09/2016 at 00:47)

#18 11/09/2016 at 13:25

Notso’Fashion
FactoryGirl

Interest: Umm, Christoph, I guess.
Chosen item: Umbrella

"I am a really observant person and I KNOW everyone here, to their core! So, trust me, stay away from them! *Bla-bla-bla-bla*..." Lucile was talking non-stop as she was putting on a silk scarf around Hazel's neck. "There is 'friendly' and then there's 'too persistent'." Hazel thought to herself. After adjusting the scarf, Lucile smiled.
"There! It looks great on you! We just have to...alter your outfit a bit."
"Umm...I appreciate it, really, but I don't need a scarf right now."
"But you will need it in the future."
"You mean...this is a gift?"
"Um, duh! That's what friends do, right?"
"Oh...um...look, I don't have a very positive history when it comes to friends, and...this is a bit too forward since we don't really know each other that well. I feel uncomfortable. Please don't take it personally."
"Oh, Hazel..." Lucile shook her head. "As I said, I am observant and I can read people easily. I can see that you've had troubles in your past, so..." Lucile took a step further and grabbed Hazel's left hand in hers. Suddenly, she noticed Hazel's fingertips being hard and ripped a bit. "O.M.G., what happened here?!"
"Um...what do you mean?" Hazel was confused.
"Your fingertips..."
"Oh. Well, I told you I play guitar. This is how your fingertips get after a while. And it actually helps that they get hard so they get numb and don't hurt as much after playing." Hazel explained. Lucile was a bit grossed out, but she has just noticed that this was the first time Hazel didn't stutter in a sentence, and that she talked with confidence.
"O.M.G., I have the best idea ever!" Lucile smiled. "I'm gonna arrange a little concert for you! It can be in the auditorium and everyone will come and you can sing and play!"
"Um...really? You would do that?"
"Hells yeah! I do everything for my friends!"
"That's really nice. But...I have one request, if that's okay."
"Um, yeah, sure."
"I want to ask Constance to sing, too. If she agrees, then she would also perform."
"Um...who is that?"
"You know...the girl who sings, she wears black mostly."
"Oh." Lucile was a bit disgusted. "Um...I'll see what I can do, okay? But I can't promise anything, because..."
"Well, if she can't perform, then neither will I." Hazel said seriously. Lucile looked at her, a bit surprised. Hazel smiled "That's my request."
"Okay." Lucile tried to smile. "I have to go now, but I'll get back to you!" she left with a smile, but triggered on the inside, thinking about how she may break Hazel and Constance apart. "Embarrassment!" Lucile thought to herself. She thought she could let Constance perform, too, if she agrees, but to embarrass her in front of everyone and, of course, to cover her tracks so it doesn't seem like it's her fault.
Hazel felt like this behavior was new to her - she never demanded things from people before. But, besides wanting to give Constance a chance to perform, this was also a way for her to test Lucile's true intentions.
A bit later, Hazel went to the library to find a certain book that she needs for one of the classes. She stood in front of one of the bookcases to look for it.
"Hi." Christoph approached with a smile.
"Oh...hi." Hazel smiled a bit.
"Do you need any help?"
"Um...oh, here it is." Hazel took one of the books that she needed. "I found it, but thanks."
"No problem. Look...I don't mean to pry, but...you seem like a nice girl and...I felt like I should warn you about Lucile."
"What do you mean?"
"Well...you should just be careful with her. She may seem nice, but be careful about her intentions." he said.
"Um...thank you for the warning." Hazel nodded, smiling.
"No problem."
Hazel thought that her suspicions may be true after all, but still felt confused about Chris approaching her only to tell her that. "What if Chris's intentions are bad, too?" she thought. "Do I really think this way or is it just my anxiety planting these thoughts in my head?"
Apparently, all the students were setting up dates, not necessarily romantic ones, but it was still on Valentine's Day. Hazel already passed on it in her mind, it wasn't even an option. Instead, she decided to go to her room and have some of the songs prepared already, for the concert that Lucile would arrange. On her way to her room, she saw Tristan waiting at the door, with a rose in his hand. She frowned in confusion while carefully walking towards him.
"Hello, Hazel." Tristan smiled, handing her the rose.
"Um...no, thanks."
"It's for you. I actually wanted to ask you out. It's Valentine's Day, after all. But, this would be a friendly date, if that's what you want. In that case, maybe I should have brought a different flower." he laughed to himself.
"I...I don't...I don't do dates." Hazel stuttered.
"Okay, well, let's just call it an outing. As friends." he smiled. Hazel thought about all the things that Lucile told her about him and the rest of his friends. "So many people in such a short time." she thought, feeling anxious. "What should I do?"
"Um...Hazel? Are you there?" Tristan laughed a bit.
"Um..." she felt uncomfortable.
"Okay. Sorry for bothering you. But, keep the rose anyway, I don't know what to do with it if you don't." he handed her the rose and started walking away. The very next feeling that anxiety has prepared for Hazel is guilt - as always, when she says no to someone. She knew that she would always feel this way unless she accepts his proposition.
"Wait." she said. He turned around. "Um...I'm sorry, this wasn't very nice of me. Okay, we can go out, but...in a friendly way."
"Of course." he smiled. "I'll wait for you in front of the dorm at 20:00?"
"Sure." she nodded.
"Alright. See you then." he waved and left.
Hazel's mind was a mess as she frantically walked from her bed to her closet back and forth. "I don't have anything to wear. I will make a fool out of myself. I'm gonna trip and fall, like I always do. What should I do?" Suddenly, someone knocked on her door and startled her. She opened and saw Lucile.
"Hey! Great news!" Lucile smiled as she walked in. Hazel closed the door behind them.
"Um...this isn't really a good time." Hazel said.
"I have arranged a concert for you and your...friend...Conny?"
"Constance."
"Right! You just let me know if she agrees, but I really hope she does! It's gonna be awesome! I'm gonna make sure that the stage looks great with all the lightning and everything else! Are you free right now? You need a new outfit for the concert! Let's go shopping!"
"Um..." Hazel tried to comprehend Lucile's fast talking. But, she did need a new outfit for the date, at least.
"I...do need some new clothes. You know...someone asked me out for Valentine's Day."
"Really?! Awesome! Then we can get you two individual looks!" Lucile seemed excited. "Should I tell her that Tristan is the one who asked me out? I would feel guilty not telling her after what she told me, and now when she's doing me and Constance a favor."
"Um...actually...Tristan is the one who asked me." Hazel said, thinking if she did the right thing.
"What?!"
"He was really nice, he brought me a flower, and...he's actually the only one who asked me out, so..."
"It's an act. He acts nice to you because you're my friend and he wants to set you up because of that!"
"Well...I can't just say no after I said yes. Well...first I said no and then...I said yes. So, it would be even worse if I said no again."
"Oh, Hazel. You're so naive. But, that's okay, you have me! You're right, you can't say no now, but...you should be careful and not fall on his niceness! I'm gonna help you with your outfit and tell you how to behave! Let's go!" Before Hazel could say anything, Lucile grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the room. After looking in several shops, Lucile made sure that Hazel got a perfect outfit for the date - well, "perfect" for Lucile's intentions. Afterwards, Hazel tried on the outfit for the concert - which she really liked - and then she tried on the outfit for the date. She was looking at herself in the mirror in her room as Lucile assisted her.
"Um...Lucile...this doesn't look very appropriate."
"I know what you're thinking, but I have picked this outfit strategically! I have a lot of experience with dates! If it were another guy, the one you actually liked, we would pick something to attract him. But, with this outfit, you will really realize if his intentions are good or not. Trust me! Now let me do your hair and makeup!"
Hazel didn't feel comfortable in her outfit and with Lucile's behavior, but the fact that Lucile has arranged the concert was something that not many people would do for Hazel, so she would feel bad if she disagreed with her.

https://s21.postimg.io/kc1r1li3r/factorygirl_3.png

"Be fierce. Be confident. Don't give in. Be careful." Hazel was repeating in her head everything that Lucile said to her while leaving her room. But still, she didn't feel comfortable and she was pulling her skirt down constantly. When she went outside, there was Tristan, but also many other students. While she was standing outside the door, everyone was looking at her, whispering to each other and laughing quietly. Tristan was in shock, but as he saw Hazel standing there, obviously uncomfortable, he approached to help her down the steps.
"Um...maybe I should have been more clear about our destination. I mean, the heels...are maybe not...you know..."
"Um..." Hazel stuttered, looking around and her eye caught Lucile who was standing on the window, showing her to hold her head high and stand straight and be confident.
"Well, um...where are we going?" Hazel asked.
"To an adventure park. With...all the rides and whatnot. So... besides the heals, you'll probably also be cold. But, that's okay, I can always lend you my jacket, the car is here, we should go." Tristan helped her inside the backseat. "I should have worn something else. This is probably the most embarrassing moment in my life." Hazel thought. Non the less, Tristan treated her nicely, in a completely friendly way, and made sure that they both have fun at the adventure park. After the rides and running around, Hazel ended up barefoot, with her hair down (since her updo got "destroyed" from the wind) and with Tristan's jacket on. It was the most fun she had in a long time. Once they got tired, they sat down on a bench.
"Well...this outfit was a mistake. And...I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I don't know what I was thinking." Hazel said.
"It's alright. I know how some people can get nervous before a date, so they're not completely themselves."
"Yeah...'nervous'." Hazel laughed to herself.
"What do you mean? Is there something else?"
"Well...I actually...suffer from anxiety."
"Oh. Is it serious?"
"Well...fortunately, I didn't have a panic attack in a long time, but...it can still get overwhelming."
"Wow. I wasn't aware. Um...are you taking medications?"
"No." she shook her head. "I couldn't afford that, and...I didn't want it to be another big problem for me and my mom, so... But, music helps me a lot. I would probably go crazy if it wasn't for that."
"That's good." Tristan nodded. "Well...let me know if I can help in any way."
"Thanks. And...thank you for taking me out, I...really had a great time."
"Yeah, me too."
Hazel couldn't see a single thing that would make Tristan fake or not genuine, while Lucile told her all those negative things and dressed her as a "street worker". Hazel started suspecting Lucile even more.

Last edited by FactoryGirl (13/09/2016 at 13:33)

#19 11/09/2016 at 15:04

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Interests: Jared, Tristan, Luca, Tara

Item: Sock

Link to external imageLink to external imageLink to external image

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (11/09/2016 at 20:39)

#20 13/09/2016 at 18:17

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

ROUND 4 CLOSES:
Friday 16th, 22:00 forum time

And yet a few more months whooshed away and the end of the year here has come. And is there a better way to end it than with some fun?

Olympics of Clover Academy!

It’s a competition of randomly selected teams, which fight against other teams tin order to  win the ultimate prize: The Clover Crown.
And, yes, it’s real gold. But reeeally thin.

The following teams were selected by a randomizer online (though I had to randomize it like twenty times so at least there’s one of you and one of your interests /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png).

Team Green: Jared, Tara, Freya
Team Orange: Hazel, Lucile, Constance
Team Red: Kennedy, Daniel, Luca
Team Blue: Tristan, Sydney, Christoph

Now those who might think this were only a sport contest – they are wrong – these Olympics have it all:

Endurance Test: Triathlon --> Winner: Green
Patience Test: Building a House of Cards --> Winner: Red
Music Test: Karaoke Contest --> Winner: Orange
Knowledge Test: Common Knowledge Quiz --> Winner: Blue

And who’d ever guess it’d be a tie. No, seriously, not even I’m that skilled to achieve this when organised /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png.

But I’ll make you choose the winner in the end with a Lovely Test, where you’ll send me your four favourite people in this contest (extras or contestants) in my inbox and I’ll calculate the scores according to teams.

Winning team:
Team Blue

And for the end of the Olympics and the year there will be an Olympic Ball, where you’ll dress up in white. The winning team gets the Clover Crowns.

Good luck and may the games begin.

ROUND REQUIREMENTS:

Name
Interests:
Outfit:
all in white for the Olympic ball, others optional
PM me with your four favourite characters (contestants or extras)
Story:
write about what you want and finish up – because what follows next is a reunion :3

INDIVIDUAL TASKS

I’ll be perhaps a bit slower with these, I’m sick and tried – not an expression, I’m seriously sick (food poisoning) and two nights awake if we exclude today’s nap. But all will be finished till Wednesday evening. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Kennedy

Sydney

Coma

Hazel (and a bit for Constance)

You may post now.
And a friendly reminder to reread the character descriptions.

The round ends today, I answered FactoryGirl's question in her inbox, but so you all know /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Tonkolina (16/09/2016 at 18:50)

#21 13/09/2016 at 20:46

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Interests: no one at the moment

Olympic Ball

https://s18.postimg.org/6pshnh6fd/dare.png

"Stop fidgeting." I instruct Daniel as I attempt to tie a perfect Windsor knot into his tie. "There." I reply once I'm done.

"Thanks." He responds looking at himself once more in the mirror in my dorm room before we head out. "I could have done it myself you know."

"Which is exactly why it was untied when you got here."

"It's called being casual."

"Your mum would have a fit."

"I'd tell my mum it was your bad influence." He winked, "After all, you're the one wearing a crop top to a ball."

"It's silk." I shoot back. "And the headmistress approved."

"Oh I'm sure she did, she's probably hoping your parents will make another donation." He laughs.

"Well she can hope." I laugh back. "Let's get out of here."

There's a weird sense of deja vu as Daniel and I enter the Olympic ball together. and for a moment I'm paranoid that the whole room is looking at us.

Let them look. I rationalize. All they're going to see is two friends.

After a moment though even the mere thought of attention becomes overwhelming, and I excuse myself to go and talk to a few girls from my English class. After a while their chatter becomes too much and I find myself headed toward the ladies room. Once there, the sound of giggling girls from the other side of the doorway send me deeper into the hallway where I nearly collide with Christoph.

"Sorry." I spit out hastily. "I should have been watching where I was going."

"It's okay." He responds, adjusting his glasses as I adjust mine. "I never did get to say thank you for the book, so thanks."

"You're welcome, it was the least I could do. Who'd Daniel end up sticking you with anyway?" I ask

"Sydney." He says adjusting his glasses again. Her name is barely audible and sounds almost like an apology when he says it to me, but the way he blushes makes me regret not getting to know her better.

"Well I hope you had a nice time." I say unsure of what else I can offer to the conversation, and without another word I keep walking.

Eventually, I find myself outside contemplating heading back to the dorms.

"Want a smoke?" Luca asks from the shadows; I don't have to see his smile to know it's there, it's been a running joke for him for months.

"You know very well I don't." I respond, continuing to walk past him.

"Good, it's a nasty habit." He calls after me chuckling.

I continue walking and eventually do find myself back at my dorm room. I'm surprised to find Daniel already sitting there.

"Took you long enough." He says with a grin.

"What the...why...how?" I stammer out.

"I know you Kennedy, you didn't want to be there."

"Yeah, but you did."

"Nah, we weren't going to win." He starts. "Besides what kind of horrible friend would I be if I let you be alone on your birthday." He continues, retrieving a small package from his suit jacket and handing it to me.

"How'd you know?" I ask opening the door to my room with one hand and taking his offering with the other. I'd been careful not to tell him, or anyone for that matter.

"There are many perks to having the mum I do." He responds closing the door I'd left ajar. "Open it." He urges.

Inside is a copy of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

"Thanks..." I say with a confused smile; I've read the book before, but it was years ago.

"I was a my favorite book as a kid." He tells me. "I read it 100 times, even started asking shop owners if there chocolate was kid-free; it drove my mum mad."

I can't help but laugh at his story and thumbing through the book, I notice writing on the inside front cover indicating it came from his personal library.

"Thank you." I say again, this time my words are more genuine.

"You're welcome." He responds, leaning in to hug me.

"So cake?" I ask, pulling away a second later.

"You want to go back to the ball?" He asks skeptically.

"Not at all." I respond, opening the mini fridge near my bed. "My parents had it flown in this morning." I respond as I pull out a small bakery box.

"Chocolate?" He asks.

"Kid-free chocolate." I say with a laugh.

A few hours later, full of cake with my stomach and sides aching from laughter, the feeling of deja vu comes over me again...and I can't help but wonder if at any second Sydney is going to come bursting into my dorm room ready to ruin this moment like the one at the last ball...

Last edited by Dare (14/09/2016 at 21:36)

#22 13/09/2016 at 21:54

Fashion’Power
MissMelinda

Interests: Christoph, Daniel(not sure in what way yet), Claire(friend)

Outfit:

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/37/moy/28826.jpg

Story:

The year has flown by, and Sydney can sigh with relief. It's been almost a blur what with late nights studying for exams; she aced all of them, and will receive a 4.0 Grade Point Average - top of her class, with Honors! Also, working to help ends meet took it's toll; however, it gave her liberal use of the library and it's resources.  But getting to know and possibly be falling in love with Christoph, was a bonus. Still he was a hard task-master, but a fair one, putting in just as much hard work himself - if not more. And too, it had been difficult making friends at Clover Academy; some of the students had been so click-ish while others were loners and wanted to remain that way. But Syd had enjoyed a little fun here and there with Tristan, Tara, Claire, and certainly Chris. However, Dan, while cute and fun at first - turned out to be somewhat complex.

'Complex,' she nearly laughed aloud! He was a hard one to figure out - first a friend, with maybe a little romantic allure, then that 'kiss' which everyone made such a deal over. Now Dan seemed neither to be friend nor foe as far as she was concerned. At first, Sydney fumed all night when she'd overheard Chris muttering to himself about the auction date switch with Dan. Then she'd remembered how Chris was just as surprised to see that she was his date as she was to see that he was hers. But it had come out that Dan had instigated that deal; he had told her so himself, and seemed to think it was funny. He had also instigated the infamous kiss; he had kissed her, knowing that at the time he was interested in Kennedy and even dating her, which was something Syd hadn't had any clue of. However, she did have to admit she had kissed him back. It had seemed innocent enough, in the heat of the moment, until that sneeze at the Charity Ball. That was when Syd had seen Dan with Kennedy, and the look on Kennedy's face. Apparently, it had started rumors. And people seemed to think badly of her, not even knowing the circumstances. And it had ruined any chance of getting to know and befriend Kennedy, such a shame. It also, seemed to have torn a rift between the couple - and most everyone had treated her as if she was somehow a loose relationship breaker. 'Such a shame,' Sydney thought again, 'It was no wonder why Claire often treated Dan a little scornfully at times having known him since childhood, and knowing what he was capable of.'

"Hi Chris," Syd greeted him entering the library ready to do some last minute work shelving books, and neatly putting periodicals into place. Then she gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek, and grinned to herself as she watched him pushing his glasses into place. She hadn't confronted him with what she had overheard him speaking aloud after the bidding date, now that she knew who the real culprit had been.

"Hello sweet Sydney," he often used that endearment now with her. It was, in fact, a mutual endearment between them. He cupped her under the chin and gave her a soft, lingering kiss back. Chris was remembering the conversation earlier with Dan and Claire, Syd often thought Claire could be a bit of a busy-body when it came to her brother. When the two of them kept hindering him about how the date had gone, and kept persisting on him whether it had been 'good or bad', he told them he supposed it had been both. He had noticed that they exchanged a meaningful smirk, as if they had wagered on his answer. And then he had told them more about how he felt about Sydney than he had intended to, surprising them both with his sudden openness, which was unusual for him.

Dismissing the silly conversation earlier, Chris asked Syd, "What do you think about the Olympics of Clover Academy?" "It looks like Tristan, you, and I are on the Blue Team for the Knowledge Test: Common Knowledge Quiz...you think we'll win the Clover Crowns?"

"Only time will tell," Syd answered, "I think we've got as good of a chance as everyone else."
-----------------------------------

"Let the Olympics of Clover Academy begin," announced the speaker!

The teams were evenly broken into four groups each assigned by color. It came as no surprise that Tristan, Sydney, and Christoph - The Blue Team - won the event in their category, after all they were quite intelligent, and 'common knowledge' came easy to them. However, all the other groups won in their respective categories, creating a tie! This was an unprecedented occurrence, and the academy would have to go to an unusual decision-making process to choose an overall winner.

Chris and Syd laughed together when they remembered how badly Tristan's hands shook during the Patience Test causing their team to lose in that event. But it was Chris who caused them to lose the Endurance Test. He simply was no good at running, swimming, or bicycling. And he felt badly about that. But he saw that Syd didn't hold it against him, or Tristan either for that matter. 'She was a good sport, and kind-hearted,' Chris thought. He knew he was falling for her, and yes, likely already in love with her.

"Sweet Sydney," Chris began, "even though I lost us the Endurance Test, would you do me the honor of being my date at the Olympic Ball?" "I mean," he rushed on pushing up his glasses, "I would really like for us to be a couple, a real couple, dating and all that kind of thing."

"Sweet Christoph," Sydney answered, "I would be glad to do you that honor, and all 'that kind of thing"!

Neither of them had noticed Daniel until he let out a loud, "Woooo-hoooo!" Then he teasingly made a gagging gesture at them. Sydney hoped that things would work out for Dan too, after all he was Chris's best friend. And she knew that Dan could become a good friend for her also, given time.
-------------------------------------------

Later that evening, everyone was rushing to their dorms getting ready for the Ball. They were all required to wear white. Sydney and Chris had already taken a peek into the Ball Room, and both agreed that the decorations, also all in white, were astonishing - the academy had gone all out!

The couple each went their own way to their rooms to get showered and dressed. Sydney looked into the mirror and said, 'not bad, not bad at all.' Then she reached for the package she had wrapped earlier that morning meaning to stop by Kennedy's room to deliver the gift. Syd had found out by accident, or rather from Claire who had heard from Dan - ever the talkative person that he was, that it was Kennedy's birthday today. She had never been to Kennedy's room, but thought she knew where it was. Sydney hoped to make amends with the lovely, and quiet girl.

Making her way to where she hoped was Kennedy's door, Sydney heard laughter - immediately recognizing Dan's 'guffaws' and Kennedy's giggles. She smiled, hoping the two had worked things out. At least, they seemed happy. So, she quietly left the gift by the door, it was a copy of the same book she and Chris had purchased at the Book Cafe, hoping that Kennedy also admired the author. Then she crept away leaving the couple to themselves, and excitedly anticipated meeting up with Chris at the Ball.
--------------------------------------

When Chris saw Sydney enter the room, he sucked in his breath seeing how beautiful she was. He snatched a quick kiss, and pulled her closely into his arms for a dance. They danced until their feet ached and decided to find a table and have a glass of punch.

"Sydney," Chris whispered, "you look like a bride."

"Oh Christoph, it's just the white dress," she smiled into his eyes. But the compliment troubled her. She knew, of course he wasn't proposing, they were still very young. But she didn't know just what lay ahead for them; there was still a college education looming in the near future for her, and she knew he had the same expectations for his future.

"Chris," Sydney began, "I know we haven't really discussed what we intend to do after Clover Academy." "But," she went on, my parent's and I have made plans for me to go to the University of the South in the mountains of Tennessee." "You see, my father is a Professor there, and that's where he went, himself, so...well, it is a very elite University, and I can't pass it up."

"Wow Syd," Chris startled her, making her think he would be upset, "That school is so elite that not many have even heard of it." "You won't believe this, but I have planned to go to the same university!" "I've never been to the South, but I know people who have gone and graduated from there!" "It seems things couldn't have turned out more perfectly!"

The couple, even more exuberant and more amazed than they thought possible, reached for their punch glasses and said...

"Cheers!"

Last edited by MissMelinda (15/09/2016 at 10:42)

#23 15/09/2016 at 04:55

Fashion’Talker
comawhite

Name - Constance white
Interests - Daniel, Hazel, Claire

Outfit
http://i65.tinypic.com/zkr6g8.png

"I think Lucille was being purposely bad at karaoke," I said to Hazel after our win.

"You are right", she said. "She is out to get you I think. She doesn't like me either, well at least not having anything to do with Tristan. She sabotaged our date. 

Hazel explained it all to me as we left the competition. Lucille had sabotaged a date for her under the guise of being friendly. This did rise suspicions about our concert at the Olympic ball.

Hazel warned me about what Lucille might do but I was determined to play it anyway. This was my big moment to prove to my parents how good I was. Hazel could also combat her shyness and show the world who she was.

----------

It was a Friday when I saw Daniel in the hallway again, of course Claire was with him, they were glued to the hip. It had been a few weeks since our group date. I of course blushed when I saw him but after talking with Hazel about it had decided that I wouldn't pursue him. I had no time for boys and he seemed to be of limits. I didn't want to be the type of girl who only wrote love songs.

He approached me and I tried to act like a normal girl.

"Hey Constance," he said smiling.

"Oh hey there," I said, hoping I wasn't blushing

"You did awesome at the karaoke contest. I hear you and Hazel will performing at the Olympic ball. I think you guys will rock!"

"Oh thanks Daniel!"

"So do you guys need any help getting the equipment there or anything? My dad has a van. Or do either of you need a lift. I am going with Kennedy but I am sure she wouldn't mind..."

"No,no," its fine Daniel. "We have it all covered. My family will be taking it all over in their van. Thanks for the offer though..."

"Oh of course..the band van right. You sure you don't need a ride though?"

"DANIEL!" Claire's voice booms through the hall and the voice herself suddenly stands beside us.

"Daniel are you being too nice again? You can't possibly handle two ladies. I don't even think two ladies would want to handle you"

"Stop it Claire. You know that is not true. I can handle all the ladies that gravitate towards me."

"Hmm Daniel you are not getting anyone into your gravitational pool with those words."

Daniel rolls his eyes in disgust. "You don't know!"

"Sorry Constance. He said quickly, trying to save himself. "I don't normally talk like that and I would never string to girls along. Sorry I really shouldn't have said that. It's Claire, she makes me look bad.."

"Its okay..",I said shyly...

"Not really but uh I guess I will see you at the ball on Saturday. Do let me know if you do need a hand with anything."

He hurried of embarrassed. Claire could only laugh.

The bell had rung between us talking and I was in danger of being very late again. I started to rush of to Maths class when Claire interrupted me:

"You like him a lot don't you," she said.

"No I don't."

"No its okay to admit it. Your face shows it all anyway."

"I don't like him. He is just a friend. I have to go to class though so I would rather not discuss this at the moment."

"I am sorry she says." Seemingly hurt. "I just wanted to help you."

"I didn't mean to upset you but in honesty I don't want to get involved. He is going to the ball with Kennedy. I am not someone that is on the radar for him. I don't even think he likes girls like me"

Claire is quiet. I really think that I have hurt her feelings. I start to walk away thinking that our conversation is over.

"Wait! she suddenly says. I could transform you into a girl he likes. That could take his eyes of Kennedy. I don't really want to do it...but if it would make you happy. Who knows it might work."

At her words I remember what happened with Hazel and tastefully decline. I do not want to change for him, that is not the kind of person I am. Claire seemed relived when I declined as well.

---------

Before the ball

Me and Hazel arrived to the ball earlier than the others in order to set up for the concert. We would be playing after all the usual announcements and congratulations. During sound check both mine and Hazels instruments seemed to be fine. It did not appear that Lucille had tampered with anything. I knew of course that something was very likely to go wrong. I didn't mention it to Hazel because I didn't want to freak her out.

It was awhile until the ball began so we just hung out and practiced.

"Stay away from Lucille. I said. She is bad news. You don't need to listen to her about fashion choices. Do what you want be you. People like that are only out to hurt you. We are doing this concert tonight to prove that even though we have been threatened we will not back down."

"Yeah!" She said rather shyly but I think she is determined otherwise she wouldn't be doing this show."

The Ball

The ball began at 8pm and everyone arrived looking beautiful. The rule is that everyone looks stunning at a ball and this one was no exception. When I saw my parents come in my awe over everyone and everything broke and I suddenly became very nervous

The announcements and congratulations seem to last a lifetime until finally they did end and the dancing began. Me and Hazel had no time for that though as we hurried over to get ready for our show.

"Lets give a warm welcome to tonight's special entertainment  Hazel and Constance." Boomed the principal over the loud speaker. "They will performing three songs. I am not sure what they are but I have heard great things from these two young musicians so I don't think you will be disappointed."

Stage fright hits but we push through it and begin.

At first it is fine. All seems to be going well although I wouldn't know as fear has taken me to another planet.

Suddenly it is my turn to play the bass and no sound is coming out. Someone rushes to the back to see if everything is plugged in. It all is. There is no reason why it should have stopped working. We unplug and try again to no avail. Panic strikes hard as we try to play on without it. I swear that I can hear Lucille laughing in the crowd. We push on with just Hazel on the guitar and me singing. It should work but our nerves are killing us. In my head I hear booing. I know that my singing sounds awful.

We make it through two songs and I am ready to cry. The last song we were going to play was "Sadly ghostly" the song about the Clover high ghost. Hazel and I had been working on it for months and now it was going to be ruined.

Before the final song Hazel suddenly puts her guitar down and walks towards me.

"We can't do this song like this. We sound terrible."

"I am so sorry."

"No its Lucille that has done this. I think we should stop. I do not want to look bad in front of her anymore"

I started to protest but then someone called from crowd.

"What's going on?"

"Technical difficulties," I called down.

"Sounds like 'can't sing difficulties'." I heard someone say. Probably Lucille.

"We brought spare cords just in case," someone calls up.

Bring them up. I said in excitement. The night not yet ruined.

Claire and her brother Chris have brought the spare cord, it works perfectly. We play our song and everyone seems to love it, even calling for an encore.
Once we are done me and Hazel smile at each other under the harsh stage lights and know that this is something we want to do for life, and no one can stop us from doing it.

I didn't even think about Daniel while I was up there. The music was more important. I do hope that he liked it though.

(Sorry if this is really terrible I am just very tired at the moment. I apologize for the poor grammar as well, it has never really been my strong point.)

Last edited by comawhite (16/09/2016 at 13:13)

#24 16/09/2016 at 20:08

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

Since the girls that went missing, contacted me through PM, telling me they can't make it because of private reasons I am closing the last round! /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

They will have a chance to finish their stories in the next one or just by sending me the story in my inbox. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

CONTEST CLOSED

And once again we have arrived to the end of another season. I want to thank everyone for joining and I honestly hope you had fun – that was the point of the whole experience, after all :3

While the number of words really don't matter in a story, there is a thing called inspiration that hits you and then the words just come flowing through you so I hope that at least one moment you felt this kick of inspiration warm up your blood and imagination. :3

You can be proud of yourselves – because my word counter counted your peaks, and you've jumped from up above 1000 (1277, 1417) words – some even over 2000 (2003, 2111, 2115) words in one round.
Now bare in mind that you wrote that within only three days.

It's praiseworthy. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

And it gives me hope for story-writing contests in this forum. :3

And now I have to rank you, even if I dislike it immensely.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the banners myself, but I asked my dear friend Jadis to help me out, so a big thanks to her for making these banners in the nick of time because my internet was non-existant and I had to use my mobile internet. :3

Here you go girls, banners for your hard work:

Link to external image
Link to external image
Link to external image
Link to external image
Link to external image

Thank you again and I hope to see you in one more sequel of this contest:
Clover Academy III – Reunion

Till then I wish you enjoyment and fun as I go to deal with my exams and afterwards prepare some new (SW and non-SW) MR-s.

For any comments on the contest and opinions you can post them into the Contest Discussion thread or send me a message.

Bye!

Last edited by Tonkolina (16/09/2016 at 20:11)

Topic closed

Pages : 1