Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2

#1 05/01/2017 at 23:47

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

This contest is now closed. Results are posted

We all know the fairytales where the beautiful princess through trials and tribulations finds out that all along she has the strength inside her to be fierce and fabulous taking her life from royally wrecked to regent. Those stories are cool, but this isn't that...

You've been invited to take part in the princess project at St. Regents Academy, if you're lucky by the end of it all you'll get you're happily ever and if not...well banishment from the kingdom or being cursed isn't that bad (I mean it is, but...well just don't focus on that).

Ready?

Set...

Go:

For round one of course we have to take care of the "hello, how do you do? and nice to meet you." so obviously there's an open house BUT in addition to introducing yourself now is the time to introduce your immediate family (AKA the reason you want to leave the backwoods in the first coach headed towards the nearest castle). At minimum I expect a wicked stepmother who hates you because you're beautiful or an overbearing father trying to marry you off to a local sheep herder. At maximum you can throw in a couple (as in exactly 2) siblings as well but they're not required.

The image portion of your entry might look a little something like this

You also need to provide some basic background:

Name:

What brings you to St. Regents to participate in the Princess Project:

What's your idea of a "happily ever after"?:

Round one will last until Sunday January 8 at 24:00 Forum time.

There will be one winner at the end of the round who will get a banner AND an advantage going into round two.

Last edited by Dare (18/01/2017 at 00:05)

#2 06/01/2017 at 17:31

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate
Place: Riga

Me:
Link to external image
Wicked stepsisters:
Link to external image Link to external image
Evil stepmother
Link to external image

My name is Elizabeth. And I'm 19 years old.
I think I am fit to be a Princess because I've been at the lowest of lows. I would be a great asset to the upcoming King as I would always have my mind on the poor and could give valuable insight on their lives. The poor and the houseless are the responsibility of our country.
I don't come from a poor family. My father actually works a lot abroad, but my stepmother and stepsisters despise me as I am my father's daughter and first in line to get the fortune if he passes. But I do know about the poor family life as I often sleep, work and stay with them, when I'm kicked out of my house, when my father is out of town.
I have proper education but I have no say, as my father loves this lady and she has mended my father's heart after my mother died. I do not want to break him. Rather I want to build my own fortune, despise what my new family wants for me. I know how to sew, clean, read, write poems, even sword fight a bit – the little boys in the town taught me a few tricks. But no knowledge can surpass 3 wicked witches, excuse my French, which can be found in my house.
I hope princess project will give me the push to achieve my potential.
My happily ever after is challenging myself and being the leader of a great country, besides a wise man, who does not look down on his own people. I wish to be a mother of healthy heirs.

https://i.imgur.com/qWiSjUN.png

#3 06/01/2017 at 20:48

#4 07/01/2017 at 03:14

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

I don't have a mother, nor do I consider my father my "daddy dearest".

Me:
https://s24.postimg.org/6irn1hapx/yukibana_haruna.png

Mum:
https://s27.postimg.org/gu3ht6l2b/yukibana_haruna_1.png

My mum named me Calanthe, after her favourite flower, Calanthe sylvatica.
But no one calls me Calanthe -to my neighbours and customers, I'm Cal, the poor but pretty boy.

My mum passed away when I was six years old; that was when my father chopped my long brown hair off and announced that we would move to the other side of the continent.

Before mum passed away, I grew up wearing dresses and my hair in fancy braids. I played with the noblemen's children everyday; the girls liked me, and so did the boys. We would go to parties and run in the woods. I was lucky to enjoy these luxuries because my father was a successful businessman. That was, of course, until mum died.

After we moved, my father started drinking and gambling. He would never be at home, and he was never working. The Chrystoff family soon ran out of money, and that, was when he suddenly got the crazy idea of making me the new head of the family. And since women are powerless... that was when I became Cal Chrystoff.

Don't get me wrong; I was very popular at school. I had friends, I had the best grades, I was quite the well-rounded individual and girls loved to listen to me play the violin. They think I was perfect, but really I was flawed.

Now seventeen years old, my academic journey had come to an end. I had made quite a lot of money, I had learned a lot about this world, and it was about time I run away from my father who had recently gotten himself involved with a clan of pirates. I had left him enough money to take care of himself, so, farewell, for I was off to participate in the Princess Project. It was time that I save the children who need help, it was time that I see justice in this wretched world. It was also time I finally be known as Calanthe once more.

Last edited by Yukibana-Haruna (08/01/2017 at 01:20)

#5 07/01/2017 at 13:33

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

Link to external imageLink to external image
My Stepmother and me

Name:Aleyla
What brings you to St. Regents to participate in the Princess Project:
My wicked stepmother, who thinks this project would make me realise that evil is bad and that I should turn my stepsisters back into people.

What's your idea of a "happily ever after"?:
Being able to turn everyone into an animal so that they could follow me loyally.

So this is where the story starts? You're expecting a nice and tiny little princess, who's been harmed by her evil stepmother and is trying to lead a happy life.

Well, I am that little princess that has been harmed by her stepmother. Only my perspective of evil seems to be different from yours.
My father made the grave mistake of remarrying and thinking I would be okay with it.

Luckily I found a way of showing my displeasure. Only then I realised that the powers of my late mother have been given to me and I could transform human beings into animals.

So I did. I transformed my stepsisters, leaving my stepmother untouched so she could feel the pain of the people she loved being in danger. They were still alive, which gave her hope. The worst kind of torture - the one with the gleam of light shining from the end of the tunnel.

Then again, I'll repeat. She's the wicked one. Not me.

Now I'll leave you wondering what was it that she did to me.

Last edited by Tonkolina (07/01/2017 at 13:33)

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#6 07/01/2017 at 15:13

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

https://s30.postimg.org/kdrl3ea4x/fashion_chic_193.pnghttps://s24.postimg.org/s90k9rj5x/fashion_chic_192.png

Okay. So even I admit I messed up this time.

I mean, technically it wasn't my fault. It wasn't. I blame Jim, he was involved. But who got into trouble for it? Me, like always.

Last night the two of us were playing cards in the tavern. Jim had put up a good fight, but he was down to his last couple of shillings. Which I quickly won off him, by the way. But instead of congratulating me and letting me buy him a drink (you know, taking it like a man), Jim accused me of cheating. As if! I don't need to cheat when the idiot can't even hold his cards right. But of course, because I'm a mere girl no one believed my story. So they threw me out after merely two goblets of win, and now unwelcome for the rest of the week.

Now I am a very firm believer that revenge is a dish best served cold. So this morning I went apple picking, much to my Pa's delight. He's always encouraging me to be more ladylike, often tired with my endless pranks or continuous clumsy mistakes. As a knight of the kingdom the most important thing to my Pa (pictured) is his reputation. So needless to say he was rather impressed this morning when I left at my own accord. Little did he know.

I returned a while later with a sleeping draught I'd purchased on my way back. In each of the apples I collected I cut a tiny hole in the bottom, inserting some of the draught. Jim is a servant to the Earl, so I knew where to find him. With a steady hand I knocked on the door. A random old man opened the door. He eyed my suspiciously but called for Jim as I had asked.
"I'm sorry I took all your money last night. Although you did make it easy."
"Is that meant to be an apology?" Jim asked, laughing.
"It's the best you're going to get."
"Fair enough"
"I bring a peace offering?" I say, offering up the basket of apples.
"Apples? My favourite"
"I know, that's why I got them" From behind him someone bellows for Jim to come. He thanks me and takes the basket, before dashing off towards the mystery voice.

Little did I know apples were the Earl's favourite too.

News quickly spread about the Earl falling into a deep sleep. News also quickly spread that Jim had given him the apple that had caused his slumber. The man - now proving how disloyal he is - didn't take long to drop me into trouble. I have to admit, considering the actions, the Earl let me off quite lightly. I only had to spend a day in the stocks, ironically being pounded with rotten apples.

My Pa on the other hand didn't let me off so lightly. He says the family's reputation has been ruined. My latest prank has pushed him over the edge. He's not signed me up for some Princess Project, his last resort for teaching me morals. Yeah right. But it's either that, or banishment. Not from the village, but from the family name.

No one tells me what to do. And I certainly ain't no princess.

Name: Ruthie Standon

What brings you to St. Regents to participate in the Princess Project: My Pa's despair

What's your idea of a "happily ever after"?: I just want people to accept me for who I am.

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (07/01/2017 at 16:19)

#7 08/01/2017 at 05:15

Fashion’Plus
Virgilia

Gretchen:

Link to external image

Wretchen:

Link to external image

One perfectly sweet day, me and my brother, Hans, were chasing each other through the forest, daring each other to go further than we ever had before. We reached a bend that led us to a little cottage hidden in a glen. Being careful to climb down, Hans pulled Reeses' pieces of his peanut butter sandwich apart to sprinkle a trail so that we could find our way back.

As we got closer, we realized the fragrant scent wafting on the wind was coming from the house. That the brightly colored stones were in fact giant Lifesavers, the paneling KitKats, the silver-foiled windows shuttered by Peppermint Sticks, the shingles Crunch Bars, the chimney an Ice Cream Cone with a puff of Cotton Candy smoke, the cobblestones M&M's, the windchime flowing strands of Licorice, the door.... you get the picture.

Hans ran pell-mell down the hill and rolled to a stop by the side of the house, where he promptly started licking the walls. I was nervous and called for him to come back, but he urged me on: "Don't be afraid of everything, Gretchen, life is sweet!"

Suddenly he stopped, stammering and sputtering, I could see he was struggling to step away.. but his tongue seemed stuck! I ran to help him when the door opened and out stepped.. no, it was as if she floated.. on a cloud.. of whipped cream.. this woman with hooded eyes and a honeyed tongue and raiments of Raisinets.

I pleaded with her to help Hans, but she asked what could she possibly do? I said: "But what big talons.. uh, hands you have, what good are they for if not to pry innocent young boys off your ooey-gooey wall?"

She laughed and licked some of her petticoat Truffles.. uh, ruffles off her gaunt fingers and said: "Why the better to eat you with, my dear!"

She raised her Chocolate Chip scepter and there was a terrible flash of light, the air felt as though it had been turned up to 350 degrees.. and my brother had vanished!

I screamed and demanded that she bring him back, that she had no right to harm us! She turned her shadowy face towards me, her neck swaying from side-to-side like the cobras in the basket in the picture books, and hissed while brandishing her staff in my direction: "That's the way the cookie crumbles!"

I ran at her, flipping from a cartwheel into a Pinwheel - I had been taking acrobatics with my friend, Debbie, though she's so Little, she can fly through the air - and crashed into her, yelling: "You ever-lovin' Everlastin' MotherGobStopper!"

There was Marshmallow and Buttercream everywhere! And before she could turn her wand on me, I grabbed at it with all my might and yanked a thread from the ribbon around it. When I woke up, I was inside the cottage, the witch was piercing me with her stare. She asked me if I recalled who I was? I said, yes, that I was her daughter, Gretchen, and that she was my mother, Queen Wretchen. I knew all this as easily as I knew my 1-2-3's or Alphabits because though the spell she cast on me was strong, I held fast to the piece of royal blue string in my hand and it helped me remember who I really was - she couldn't get quite all of me.. she couldn't quite get to the center of the Tootsie Roll Pop.

She seemed pleased and sent me off to chores daily, requiring me to attend to her and telling me how one day soon I would have to fulfill my destiny as her "daughter" and become the new Queen. As long as I keep the ribbon tied around my finger tight, I can remember who I really am and what I have to do to stop Wretchen and find my brother Hans. I have never stopped looking for him, up Ladders and down Chutes and all through this Wonky CandyLand, I know I am getting closer to stopping Queen Wretchen, the Root Beer of All Evil.. unfortunately I also know that it has been many years trapped in this little cottage.. 72 years.. and though I remain the same 16 year old girl on the outside, I am now 88 and feel my time is melting away as Wretchen makes final preparations to have me recognized as a Princess, to take my place by her hideous throne..

Hans was wrong, life is not like a box of chocolates.

Name: Gretchen

What brings you to St. Regents to participate in the Princess Project: My mother says accepting my destiny will make her very satiated.. I mean satisfied.

What's your idea of a "happily ever after"?: To find my brother, Hans, and leave this horrible place behind.

Last edited by Virgilia (08/01/2017 at 05:22)

#8 09/01/2017 at 00:00

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Round 1 is now closed.

Hello again Lovelies, and congrats on making it through round 1 of the Princess Project, although only one of you can come out on top

and that lucky princess is...

Ready for round two?

Of course you are!

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32061.jpg

Everyone knows that it's not necessarily what a princess knows, but who she ends up with that determines her reach (it's sexist, but seriously look at the statistics). Based on this it's important that you end up with the right prince (or princess), someone who can assist you as you seek out your "happily ever after." Just like the storybooks though, you're not going to get any information about your potential true love until after you decide that they're the person you're fated to be with (again look at the statistics, none of the ladies you know running kingdoms today really knew anything about their true loves until after their weddings, except maybe their names (which I'm kindly giving you).

Is your potential true love one of these people:

1.Princess Amara (b)

2.Prince Rafe (b)

3.Princess Blythe (a)

4.Prince Hamish (a)

5.Princess Cardenia (b)

6.Prince Ometh (b)

7.Princess Ravinda (a)

8.Prince Damon (a)

9.Princess Vadina (a)

10.Prince Sadiq (b)

For round 2 you need to select one of these people but it's first come, first served after all one true love can't be shared between two people.

After you make that selection I will provide you with a basic description and an activity for the date (Check the forum), you'll also learn what the "a" or "b" next to their name means.

First, post the number of the prince or princess you're interested in only

Then, wait for the details about your chosen beloved in order to flesh out your entry.

Your final entry should include the following:

Name
Name of your chosen prince or princess
Description of the date
Outfit of what you wore on the date

Please make sure your fashionista image is on a transparent background.

The much coveted advantage for the winner of round 1 is...

Round 2 will end on Wednesday January 11 at 24:00 Forum time.

One winner will receive a banner and an advantage for the next round.

Ruthie

Calanthe

Gretchen

Elizabeth

Ciri

Aleyla

Last edited by Dare (09/01/2017 at 16:07)

#9 09/01/2017 at 00:11

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Name:
Ruthie

Name of your chosen prince or princess:
Princess Amara

Description of the date:
"Thanks." I say with a friendly smile as Amara slides a pint across the table. I take a swig, watching my date as she sits down.
"You're welcome." She replies, returning my smile. "I was surprised you picked me to be honest."
My happy expression is swapped for one of shock. "Really, why?"
"Well, most wannabe princesses dream of a prince."
Oh great, she thinks I want to actually be a princess. Is that why she came, because she wanted a princess? Because honestly, that's the last thing I wanted to be. "Yeah well, this wannabe doesn't think much of princes. Why should women sit around at home when men get to go out and have all the fun?"
"Here here" Amara says, raising her glass. "Plus men are gedwæas."
"Gedwæas?" I repeat, having no idea what the word meant.
"Yeah, it's from my kingdom. It's a way of calling someone... now I'll be polite... stupid."
"In that case, yeah, men are gedwæas!" I declare, thinking back to Jim. And recently my father.

Amara must have seen my facial expression change, as she quickly changes the subject. She tells me about her own life, opening up about the devastation of losing her family. Somehow, her despair didn't seem genuine, but due to my high level of sensitivity I don't push anything. But, in return for her 'honesty' I tell her about my life. The pranks, rebellious side within, the lack of acceptance from all. Everything.

"So you like dares?" Amara asks, sitting back with her legs crossed.
"Yeah, I guess you could say that." My speech is followed by a hiccup, probably related to the amount I've drank. Amara sits back, looking thoughtful.
"Is there anything you would do?"
"I genuinely don't think there is you know."
"Well, in that case, I dare you to climb on top of that old ogre's table and dance. With no trousers on."
"Are you just trying to get me undressed?"
"Maybe."
"What's in it for me?"
"That's for me to know and you to find out."
I shrug. "Fine."

Pushing my chair back I slide out of it and saunter over to the ogre. His skin is cracked and dry, with random black flakes peeling off. How pleasant. Nevertheless, I climb onto his table. "Hey sexy" I add with a wink. Amara nods to the musicians and the music begins to pick up speed. As I begin dancing the ogre looks at me, eyes wide open in confusion. They grow even wider when I shimmy out of my trousers, throwing them over to my left. They land on top of one of the dwarves heads, completely shielding his eyes. I can't help but laugh as my routine continues.

I'm not sure whether it's my natural confidence or the current state of my drunken mind but I decide to go one further. But as soon as my top has been whipped off other drinkers start shouting. The ogre stands, his eyes full of anger and his face stained with a tinge of red. An arm reaches up and grabs me, pulling me hard off the table. As I twist an turn I find that my kidnapper is none other than Amara.

I allow her to pull out of the tavern and up the ramp into the cool outside air. "I had to get you out of there, it looked like you were about to start a fight!" She give a shiver, so Amara throws her own cloak around me. "I can't believe you actually just did that. Your top as well!"
I laugh, "So anyway, what do I win."
She leans in closer to me, and whispers; "You win another night out with me."

If I'm being honest, I'm rather happy with that prize.

Outfit of what you wore on the date:
Link to external image

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (11/01/2017 at 17:37)

#10 09/01/2017 at 00:11

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

Name: Princess Aleyla
Name of your chosen prince or princess: 9. Princess Vadina
Outfit of what you wore on the date
Link to external image
Description of the date:

Trololol

DONE

Last edited by Tonkolina (09/01/2017 at 23:05)

#11 09/01/2017 at 01:18

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

Name: Calanthe

Name of your chosen prince or princess: Prince Damon

Description of the date:
Oh no, why am I nervous all of a sudden? Calm down, calm down -when is Cal ever nervous? Is it okay that I used a little bit of make-up? Is it okay that I let my hair down even though the light ends look a little awkward and don't look well with my dark roots?

Wait, why should I be nervous when I'm hunting? If Prince Damon thinks like me at least about hunting, he will not care about how I look today but rather focus on the animals rummaging through the woods. He will be focused on the activity itself, while spending some time to converse with his partner, me.

I am actually very excited that Prince Damon invited me to hunt; I like that he invited a girl to hunt, although of course, I won't blame him if he sees me as Cal rather than Calanthe. It's not that I plan to lose the skills I learned when I roamed the world as a boy.

~~~
Prince Damon and I are taking a break from hunting. He and I are sitting near a small creek, casually eating. We are learning a bit more about each other. I confess to him that I enjoy playing Cal's role, and that I joined this project as Calanthe because I miss being a girl. I hope understands the meaning behind that and doesn't think I'm just an immature teenager. That will be sad.

While I am a little afraid to observe what his facial expressions are when I poured my heart out to him, I do confess that I hope he doesn't dislike me because I can easily be mistaken as a delinquent or a rebel who ran away from home. Am I too honest to him already? Will he think I'm strange?

~~~
At the end of the day, I do hope that he enjoyed my company as much as I enjoyed his. To summarize this day? I think I really like him and will try to become closer friends with him.

https://s30.postimg.org/yjat7vhn5/yukibana_haruna.png

Last edited by Yukibana-Haruna (10/01/2017 at 05:13)

#12 09/01/2017 at 01:30

Fashion’Plus
Virgilia

*knock knock* ..Ooh, it's my Mystery Date! Come in!

May I choose: Prince Hamish (4) and Princess Ravinda (7), please?

Re: Transparent Background - I feel that was a rather transparent nudge in my direction hehehehehehehehehehe - I.... have no idea how to accomplish that - I changed it to .png, per someone's suggestion, as I always save as .jpg, but as you can see, it still comes up that way - I have no idea how y'all get yours clear - I use imgur, like I am sure everyone else uses, then the code for BBC, I am at a loss /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png If it's a requirement, I will have to watch from the dungeon, unless my prince/ess is technologically-savvy, you savvy?

OT: Omg, what kind of awesome graphic, thank you!!! It's like a fam tree of the Romanovs hahahahahahahahahahaha I am wildly impressed by the amount of thought & detail you have put in to this contest, Dare *clapclapclap* Well done! I wonder if this is the norm for story-based ones, I've only seen a few of the fashion-plate ones, I'd like to request the other contestants to ix-nay on the eativity-cray, o-kay? All I've had for decades is sugar and if I don't get a slice of pizza soon, I'm gonna have to annex all your kingdoms /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#13 09/01/2017 at 07:39

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate

I hope I understood this correctly, if not I can change it
Name: Elizabeth
Name of your chosen prince or princess: 2.Prince Rafe (b)
Description of the date: Supposed dinner. Elizabeth was really worried about the potential date with the mysterious Prince Rafe. Even though some would consider it a fail, the mess up with the magic beans made Elizabeth giggle as if she was being tickled.
Rafe was the complete opposite of Elizabeth and they were working for each other too well. Elizabeth's calmness and determination, balanced out Rafe's inexperience and gullibleness. 
When she understood that they both would be left without dinner, she acted swiftly, asking for an apron from the help and suggesting to Rafe the unimaginable – Let's make some desserts together and eat cake before bed. Rafe's slightly childish personality loved it and watched with amazement how from nothing both of the created plates and plates of sweets.
After the date both of them were covered in white flour, but it was not important at the moment.

Link to external image
Link to external image
Added the before and after the apron, choose as you see fit.

Last edited by Chockolate (09/01/2017 at 17:52)

#14 09/01/2017 at 11:08

Totally’Fashion
oedip

10. Prince Sadiq

#15 09/01/2017 at 19:40

Fashion’Plus
Virgilia

"..suggesting to Rafe the unimaginable – Let's make some desserts together and eat cake before bed.."

Let them eat cake /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png Elizabeth is already bucking for Queenhood, princess-shmincess /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#16 11/01/2017 at 05:26

Fashion’Plus
Virgilia

Name of your chosen prince or princess: Princess Ravinda

Description of the date: Princess Ravinda, age 17 will officially become queen of her kingdom in three months time on her eighteenth birthday following the recent death of both her parents who were allegedly involved in some shady dealings with a dark fairy (R.I.P Queen Alaria and King Percival). Preparing for her coronation has her on edge so she's super cautious and easily distracted. She invites you to meet her in her chambers for a private dinner but it'll be a disaster.

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32121.jpg

"I've already told you the story twice -" I was cut-off by a particularly swarthy-looking man with what seemed a permanent squint - he certainly never gave his eyes a rest from staring me down.

"Yes, yes, a story, indeed. But do relay this fascinating little bit of fiction for us one more time, please. Third time might be the charm."

I did not get the sense he believed his own words any more than he believed mine, but I did believe in the sharpness of the pointy spears encircling me from the Princess's cadre of guards. So I took a deep breath and swallowed, beginning:

"Well, the Princess was so kind to invite me to supper in her chambers. One of her handmaidens led me to the royal baths, inviting me access to a wardrobe of resplendent gowns. It was explained to me that the culture of the kingdom dictated dressing for dinner and I had been pulled aside earlier and informed that I had not what would be considered proper attire for an audience with the Princess. I had no wish to offend the Princess, so I was happy to comply."

And I was. Princess Ravinda stood out from the crowd in her silks and accoutrements, I was immediately taken with the flash and flair as she held court, a quiet girl who nonetheless held sway with vibrancy and color that seemed to pulse like a current through the throng. It was exciting to stand in that room and have my pick from baubles with hues equal to the candy-colored confines I had long been ensconced in, and flowing saris that made you think that jewels could possibly be crushed down into silks.

I wrapped a skirt of stars about my waist and nervously fastened a bustier bedecked with ostrich feathers. I added a simple adornment of glowing bracers and a stringed anklet that I was very fond of as it contained mini bells that chimed with my movements. The reflection in the mirror gave me pause as I tied my hair up in a bow, the ends starting to fade into a white, reminding me of my 88 year life sentence. But I gathered my wits about me, promising Hans that I wouldn't give up. The Princess was in a good position, coming into great power in a mere couple months, I really couldn't ask for a better possible ally in my quest, especially with my time seemingly growing thin.

It was then that I saw it reflected behind me, laying on a brocade pillow, the crown. Not *the* crown, I was sure, but a crown. Tiara, really. It gleamed with such promise - that one way or another becoming a Princess would set me free. I was.. I guess you could say seduced. I just wanted to touch it. For a moment.

"I went over and lifted it, laying it on my head - just for a minute! I admired my reflection, in Ravi's costume - "

"Ravi?" he snorted in contempt.

"Y-yes," I stammered, "Ravi, that is the Princess.. Ravinda.. she mentioned I should call her that.. in private.."

He waved a dismissive hand for me to continue.

Well, the point was that even I could almost make myself believe for a minute that I could be royalty someday - strong and powerful and able to vanquish any witch.

I hurriedly went to put it back, but that was when I realized - to my great horror - that it was.. stuck! I panicked and all the pulling and tugging on my hair just seemed to fasten the crown tighter to my head - they don't call them 'locks' for nothing!

"I couldn't find any scissors! I ran across the cold tile, the long table festooned with a banquet, my senses overcome with the spices in the air. The silverware winked at me in the candlelight and I grabbed the knife, hurriedly hacking at my hair, desperately trying to cut the crown loose! I finally got it to give and ran it back to it's resting place - safe & sound - and that was when the Princess entered. She came up to me and I was startled, turning to face her, she let out a blood-curdling scream.. she must have thought I was brandishing the knife in her direction, but I wasn't!"

He leaned down, pinning his nose to mine and growled, "You meant to do the Princess harm!"

"Of course not! That is ridiculous! And the Princess herself understood.. partially.. you know she pardoned me.."

"Then your plan was to steal the silverware, like the common thief your kind are!"

"I am not a thief, I do not need anyone's silverware, all I ever get is candy and I only need my fingers and teeth for that!"

He muttered some words in their native language that did not seem complimentary and bade me continue.

After that, we continued into her chamber and sat down to feast. It was very nice, really. If a little.. well.. the Princess did seem a tad anxious.. but we talked about it. I told her that I felt honored, but nervous to be in her company. I explained to her that it had been a very long time since I had had a conversation with anyone other than my mother. That is other than some twittering with the birds and babbling with the brook. She was charmed, she said that she too often enjoyed spending time in her sanctuary back home with just her menagerie for company. That she had found a much needed solitude there after the untimely deaths of her parents, the King & Queen. I told her that I too knew of the dark magicks that resided in the surrounding woods, that an evil witch had stolen my own brother and I feared for ever seeing him again.

"Rav.. Princess Ravinda remained quiet, but her eyes, usually tinged with a certain sadness, seemed to alight as we spoke of better times with our families and how it felt to have a perfect cloudless day with the sunbeams kissing our cheeks and how much better her personal chef's naan tasted than the warm bread even smelled - and it smelled heavenly!"

"Move it along, urchin!"

I did notice that one of the guards winked at me and it helped me relax a bit, unclenching my fists where my fingernails had been biting into my palms. I looked down at my hands, the string knotted around my finger and looked back up sheepishly.

"The repast was scrumptious," I tried meeting the eyes of the guards to convince them of my sincerity, my interrogator wanting nothing to do with me as he paced back and forth as if only killing time before he could have me strung up on the gallows, "There was a lovely breeze that made the fountain's spray tickle us and for a moment, even the Princess dropped her facade and giggled. She turned her intense gaze upon me and reached for my hand. She ran her fingers over my palm, telling me of the ancient art of palm reading that one could find practitioners of in her village. But she seemed most entranced with my ribbon, playing her hand over it and asking if I might remove it so that she could examine it closer - she wanted to show her seamstress as she would like a gown made to match it's incandescent shade."

I told her that I couldn't possibly remove it and it.. it seemed to disappoint her. She withdrew her hand and primly placed it back in her lap, her spine going rigid as she sat up even straighter than one would think possible. The air became humid and even the crickets outside sounded preternaturally loud. I don't know how long we sat there like that, it was obvious that only her breeding and manners allowed her to remain without right away taking her leave. As I felt my hopes dwindling for ever finding a way to take down Wretchen and rescuing Hans, the Princess raised a napkin to her lips, dabbing gently. I didn't mean to exclaim, but I let out an involuntary gasp - her hand.. it was.. at least two sizes too big! Her dainty digits now resembled overstuffed sausages and the smooth skin was rabid with a crimson rash that appeared to be flowing up her arm in hives a honeybee would envy!

My voice was drowned out by the Princess's screams - her second such of the evening - and in her haste, she pushed away from the table, or tried to, her weakened hand betraying her and she lost momentum, scrambling out of the chair and pulling the tablecloth, bringing the contents of the dinner down upon her! I jumped up aghast, bent down to assist but she spat at me not to touch her! She clawed her way up, backing in a rush towards the door. That was when I yelled at her to stop! I must have frightened her for she whipped her head around at me and I think that's why she didn't see the butter dish that had skid across the floor. She stepped right on it and just flew - really, it was like one of those ice skaters on a frozen pond - slipped right over the shiny tile and fell straight into the fountain!

"I ran to help her up, she was coughing and sputtering, falling back in each time she tried to rise and.... well, you know the rest, that was when the guards stampeded in...."

And that was when the royal physician entered. He ignored the interrogator and arched an eyebrow at me.

"How is the Princess?" I asked hesitantly.

"She.. will be fine," the doctor spoke in a thick accent, "Luckily I was able to administer the medicine in time. Unfortunately Her Majesty was going into anaphylactic shock. The allergy hasn't come up since childhood, and the poor Princess, she has a long memory of the huge needle needed to give the shot. One of which was not enough this time - a powerful strain indeed, the likes of which I am unfamiliar with, but it took a course of three such shots to get the toxin under control. It should be out of her system in a couple days, but she will be fine, if suffering from a few scars if I cannot keep her from scratching. But tell me, Gretchen, is it?"

I listened in horror, gulped and nodded.

"Yes, I understand you come from the valley? The chefs all know of the allergy, but the Princess seemed to come in contact with a foreign substance, the oil spreading upon her fingers. Tell me, do you come from a place that may contain nuts?"

"Ahhh....... a Nut?"

I looked down at the ribbon around my finger and then back up to catch my wild-eyed reflection in the mirror again.

"Uh.. you could say that...."

Last edited by Virgilia (11/01/2017 at 06:41)

#17 11/01/2017 at 05:54

Fashion’Plus
Virgilia

Ooh, I loved Cal's & Damon's date, it reminded me of Artemis - Broke my heart a little for Cal, I think their story would make an awesome book, it's sadly romantic, and I loved her outfit /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

"..Spoiled brat. As if I wanted to chit chat with your parents as you take your sweet time to get dressed. I'd turn you into a rat right away if I didn't want my happy ending.. Rats don't have hands to put on hips.."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that was great, love Aleyla's moxie ;-)

On tenterhooks, Ruthie, continue /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png

#18 11/01/2017 at 23:48

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Round 2 is now closed.

Most of you have managed to make time for testing out true love but there's one princess in particular whose dating skills get an A+ (Oh and for the princess who decided to skip out on her date...you're getting a D...which could mean dungeon duty...which likely means mucking dragon dung...)

And that princess is...

Ready for Round 3?

Here goes:

Some of you had dates that went well...and well some of you didn't (if you've been scoping out your competition you may have noticed that the dates with the letter "a" next to them were awful, while those with a "b" went brilliantly).

Since everyone knows that there's a super sexist unwritten rule about princesses and true love, if your date went well congrats you're engaged! This means I'm going to need you to get all decked out for a wedding...but these fairytale festivities are going to be based on the kingdom of the prince or princess that you went out with...and fair warning they may be weird, but that should be no big deal...or at the very least you'll do it with a smile because you're a princess.

Ruthie

Elizabeth

Include the following in your entry:

Name

Your outfit(s)

Story of your wedding along with any specific details required by your husband or wife to be.

If you weren't lucky in love, no worries, your time at the Princess Project isn't over!

The rest of you...(well most of the rest of you, Ciri you have a super special task all your own)...well it's super sexist but everyone knows that as a princess, if you're not married the only way to get any power is to seize it!

That's where this lovely lady comes in...

It's time to prove that you can be the biggest, best, bad girl ever.

All you need to do to is dress the part...oh and let me know which of your fellow princesses you want to sabotage...it's not personal, it's totally practice.

Your entries should include the following:
Name

Princess you want to sabotage

Your best evil queen inspired attire

A story about the sabotage (the evil queen will help with this so you'll need to post the name of the princess you want don't want to get her "happily ever after")

Gretchen

Aleya

The super special advantage for the winner of round 2 is...

Ciri,this is for you...

Round 3 will end Saturday 24:00 at forum time

One winner will receive a banner and an advantage that you all the way want for the final round.

Last edited by Dare (13/01/2017 at 23:13)

#19 12/01/2017 at 01:07

Fashion’Plus
Virgilia

Well, gitchie-gitchie-goomie, I had more comments to add but apparently OOC's are.. verboten? And the fact I deigned to post more than once is considered, and I quote: "spam".... Uh huh.... So we're to play in a vacuum and pretend we don't exist.... Sounds like more fun than I can handle, I clearly do not belong here.... I imagine it would be discourteous to drop out midway and I would like to finish reading the stories so I'll try to whip something up and just keep my laughter & appreciation to myself.... That evil queen can't come soon enough, baby!!

Princess you want to sabotage: Gretchen

Outfit:

#20 12/01/2017 at 20:42

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic

Name: Ruthie

"How does that feel?" the servant girl asks, tying the ribbon on the back of my dress.
"It feels... a little loose." The last thing I wanted was my dress to look saggy on such a special day. The girl tugs on the ribbon once more, pulling it tighter and nearly pulling me over.
"Sorry, how does that feel now?"
"Better, thanks." The girl appears in front of me. Her hands are clapped by her face and her eyes are full of delight.
"You look beautiful" she whispers. Not too sure if she's telling the truth, I walk over to the long mirror on the far side of the room, slowly out of fear of tripping on my dress, which is something I'd totally do.

I don't recognise the girl standing before me. The ruby dress she's wearing makes her look tall and slender. Her hair is shinier, hanging beautifully onto her soft dress. She looks beautiful.
Link to external image

I never thought I'd ever be comfortable in a dress, let alone happy in one. At home, I'd always worn lose clothes, outfits that hugged me loosely making me look bigger than I actually did. I hadn't cared before now, instead opting for comfiness over appearance. But now I'm seeing myself in a whole new light. Memories of home had made me think about my Pa. I didn't even know if he knew I was getting married today, let alone whether he'd actually approved. He'd never been keen on me being so experimental.

"Are you alright, miss?" the servant girl asks, snapping me out my thoughts.
"Yeah. Can I have a drink please?" Although I'm absolutely elated for today, I'm suddenly feeling really, really sick. The girl goes over to the water jug on the table but I stop her. "No, I mean like, an actually drink."
She looks completely shocked. But before she can reply the door is pushed open, revealing a rather old man in a suit. He reminds me of the man who answered the door of the Earl's house.
"It's time."

A small child runs in and takes me by the hand. They're smile warms my heart as they lead me down several corridors, although with every step I take I'm more and more nervous. I'm not exactly the most coordinated of people - knowing me I'll fall flat on my face when walking down the aisle, making a complete idiot of myself. All I want is to be with Amara and for her people to like me. If that happened, Amara might still want me but would her people accept me?

All my worries fade though the minute I spot Amara. Her hair is in a neat bun with delicate curls falling down the side of her face, and she's wearing an even more stunning red dress. But the thing that stands out to me the most is her smile, her beautiful smile. "You look incredible." I say, unable to stop staring at her.
"Thanks. You look absolutely beautiful too." she says, her smile forever growing. She leans in closer to whisper. "Although I have to say, I prefer you without - "

A bell rings loudly, cutting her off. Instead of finishing her sentence she takes me  by the hand and together we walk down the red isle. So many people are attending but right now I only care about the one standing next to me. Although, I also care about the knight in the shining armour at the back of the room.

My Pa.

I awake the next morning with a banging headache and very few memories of the night before. I got married, had a chat with my father (although I can't really remember what it was about) and kissed Amara a lot. But everything else is a blur. Only sign of a good party.

"You look as bad as I feel." a voice from the other side of the room calls out. I poke my head up to find my Amara, looking as stunning as ever.
"Don't worry, I feel as bad as I look." Amara waltzes over to me, and sweeps a random, wild curl off of my face.
"You still look beautiful to me" she whispers. My mouth is unable to produce any words so instead I lean up and kiss her. We share a few, bliss moments together before Amara pulls away.
"Come on, you need to get dressed. Princess."

Princess. That hadn't even sunk in yet. Who'd have thought that I'd ever have become a princess.

As much as I want to stay in bed I climb out and move over to the mirror. Amara follows me over, presenting me with a blue dress. "It's tradition." She zips me up, tracing a pattern on my bare shoulders afterwards.

Link to external image

As we walk down endless corridors Amara explains to me the duties of a K'Novian Princess. I'm only half listening though, my concentration levels aren't really what they're supposed to be. We end up in some kind of royal throne room, where we sit next to the King And Queen. I thought we were just there to have a chat, but then subjects started coming in, asking the King and Queen for help. Occasionally they'd ask for out input, but for the majority of the time Amara and I just shared private jokes.

After a little while the room felt too hot and I felt a little lightheaded. A break was declared, and I somehow found a balcony to access some air. Amara quickly followed, complaining that she also felt ill. When we returned her parents decided to give us leave, and we both went straight to bed.

But not straight to sleep...

"Shouldn't you be wearing something more formal?" one of the guards questions with a snort.
Before I can answer Amara leaps to my defence. "She's wearing a dress, how much more formal do you want? She's only wearing the coat and hat to keep warm as she was taken ill yesterday. We both were. So I ask you to hold your tongue."
The guard glares at me, before opening the door to the carriage.

Link to external image

"Thank you." I say once we've climbed inside.
"He's in no position to make comments like that." Amara huffed.
"It's fine, I can handle it. I can handle anything as long as I've got you." I say, reaching across and squeezing her hand. Amara smiles before lying down and resting her head on my lap. I gently stroke her soft and soon enough she's fast asleep.

To be perfectly honest, I want nothing more than to take revenge on the guard. But now I am a princess, and a princess certainly shouldn't be playing pranks on her subjects. Even with the carriage bumping along my own eyes grow heavy and soon enough I fall into the world of dreams.

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (14/01/2017 at 17:05)

#21 13/01/2017 at 12:07

Totally’Fashion
oedip

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32182.jpg

When my evil stepmother found about my plan, she locked me in the basement for 3 days....

#22 13/01/2017 at 16:02

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate

Name: Princess Elizabeth

Princess you want to sabotage: Princess Aleyla

Your best evil queen inspired attire:
Link to external image

Darling Aleyla has been enjoying the dark arts for far too long. It's time for her to realize the pain she's causing to others, who might not be as strong willed and opinionated as she is.
I had this dream, where I cut all her hair and glued it to her body so at least somehow she would realize that she herself one day could become an animal. I woke up sweating and panting, I do not enjoy punishing others and nor am I the one who should be teaching someone a lesson. But just this time I feel like she would be happier if she used her magic on some other people. I do agree that her lady in waiting was a bit of an unpleasantly, however, she chose her. Maybe some magic might help her change for the better?
So all the philosophizing aside. My idea was to create some potion or get a magic mirror that at least for a day would turn Aleyla in a frog – slimey and weak.
The other idea I had is making her fall in love so bad that she wouldn't have any other option except being nice and loving.
I still can't decide, which option could be better.
However, I know that I will have to pay for messing with magic.. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/hmm.png

Last edited by Chockolate (13/01/2017 at 16:19)

#23 13/01/2017 at 16:53

Fashion’Plus
Virgilia

Screw it, I don't give a Flying Wallenda if I get excoriated for or excommunicated from a.... game for any nonsensical made-up rule - I'm not an automaton and a forum, by definition, is a meeting place for the exchange of differing views & ideas.. So call a lawyer and sue me, sue me, what can you do me, I love you, Adelaide ;-p

Lords of lightning, great post, Elizabeth hahahahahahahahahahahaha Loved all three dreams, especially the Parent-Trappy-Cut-Her-Skirty take on Mean Girl-ing Aleyla's hair, and the ever-suffering of unrequited & all-consuming love - tres creative!!

And outfit divine - I love the sparkly dress, like looking up at space, cloaked in a wicked constellation - The hair wild & flowing, and the piece-de-resistance, le cobra hehehehehehehehehehehehe - Thank you!!

Brav-flippin'-O
*clapclapclap*

#24 13/01/2017 at 21:53

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

I am sorry I'm posting this late. Exams have officially started. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Name: Aleyla
Princess you want to sabotage:None. She's winning her game fair and square. She has principles. Regardles of her nasty nature. or if she can try to sabotage the queen herself and fail profoundly - now that would be fun.
Link to external imageLink to external image

Special advantage: After much thought would Aleyla prefer turning everyone into something or meeting a pirate (or a pirate look-a-like), I picked prince Ometh.

A story about the sabotage:

And I'll accept both sabotages gladly /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png But love doesn't always make people nice. Who knows, maybe she's precisely like this because she loves :3

And oooooh, that prince is so much fun!!!! <3

"Oh my God," I uttered the phrase just out of surprise," I blinked two times, realising this, indeed, was happening, "You say I can turn people into rodents and actually be praised for it?!" I asked again just to make sure as the prince's servant nodded.

"That is just-" I smiled brightly, "-wonderful!" I uttered in a weak voice, my heart warming up with joy.

Maybe this was it.

Finally the place where I could be... me. No, not even me turning to a frog would mend my ways. Simply because there was nothing to mend. One man's meat is another man's poison.
In other ways. Just because you think your was are the proper ones for you - they are not the proper one's for me.

I smiled. Being a frog for a day was in some weird way fun.
If we ignore the fact that I've eaten a fly. An alive fly.

Okay. No thanks, no frogs for me anymore.

So the occasion did make me rethink. Maybe I'll just turn them into something I'd personally want to be.

Cats and birds, it is.

"So there won't be a problem with it?" the man asked and I almost burst out in laughter.

"No!" I smirked, "I'll get right to it," I added, "And then we'll make me a bride!"

"This is getting better and better!" I exclaimed surprised, hearing I could get mnarried in lingerie, even if the feeling of fatigue overwhelmed me once one more animal was by my side. It meant I couldn't keeo up with this for long. Soon I'd have to turn some of them back.

Just as I got attached to them. My stepsister meowed next to my head and I tilted it to get a headbump from her.

"We've never been this close, Steph, have we?" I grinned, appreciating it, staring at her catlike green eyes. At least the colour of their eyes never changed when you turned them to anything. "But I'll probably have to let you go," I added in a sad voice, scratching her behind the ear, "And then you'll hate me," I added a smile forming on my lips.

"Which is always better than ignorance," I added, "Isn't it?"

DONE

Unless I finish my seminar paper before the next round opens.

Last edited by Tonkolina (14/01/2017 at 02:23)

#25 14/01/2017 at 21:40

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

(Ahhhhh so sorry I posted on the last day >.< Essays are unavoidable...)

Name: Calanthe

Princess I want to sabotage: I'm not interested... it makes me so... low. I'm rather interested in just... taking over the whole world.

https://s30.postimg.org/4u6hmcsoh/yukibana_haruna_1.png

Story:
It was hard to tell whether my mentor was impressed or not that I refused to sabotage any princess. She just kept her pokerface when I told her I wanted to use my skills to take over the world.

I mean, I was a human, not a mythical creature or someone knew how to use a spell and murder someone quickly. The easiest way I could use is to use my mundane skills... like, win the world using illegal methods...

(I'm so sorry the story is short... >.< school life)

Last edited by Yukibana-Haruna (14/01/2017 at 21:41)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2