Topic closed

Pages : 1 2

#1 20/01/2017 at 23:14

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

CONTEST CLOSED

Link to external image

Hello and welcome to Canticum, the school of Elements.
This is a story-writing contest, but you needn't write much - so if you're unsure just give it a go. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png
The worst that could happen is dropping out. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Have you ever heard of a witches mark? Well, if not, you may just never realised that your birthmark is shaped like a phoenix and that it in fact means you're a witch.

Yes, some might have been born in a family of witches and while the chance of them being one is by far greater - sometimes magic comes unexpected.

After the days of the Inquisition, a school was built to shelter the witches, because even if the birthmark was present, their powers appeared only later. To protect them in that special moment when they got their magic, they were found at the age of 16 by other gifted witches and were summoned to take part in the 'Expertus' ceremony.

The frightening thing about Expertus is that it awakens the magic within the witch but one could never know which element would decide to take your body as a host - the element of fire, water, air, ground - or the utmost rare element of spirit, whose limits are still unknown.

Oh, but watch out - there is a side-effect to each element you might stumble upon. It can change your appearance and even your personality.
Now just hope you'll pick wisely. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png

ROUND 1 REQUIREMENTS

Name:
Sex:
Flaws: min 3
Virtues: min 3
Dream:
Fear:
Face claim: imagine what your character would look like in real life and find a public person that would match her looks (celebrity, model or alike) For example: Your character is Elenor and you imagine her looking like... Lucy Lu... Please spoiler the image
Number: Pick a number between 1 and 13. Watch out - this will determine your element.
Story: whatever you like: how you ended up here (how the school witches found you), your background, a nice intro into your personality, I like it all, just let me get to know you
Outfits: your every day outfit and an outfit in a black long dress and a mask (Expertus ceremony)

+ if you want to be blood-related or/and on friendly-terms with some characters or/and be involved in making them contact me asap /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

NUMBERS AND ELEMENTS
1 - Zaralee; Water --> Side-effect:normal body temperature 10 degrees Celsius (=50 Fahrenheit) and lowers when overwhelmed by negative emotions. Your character's body will function on a new temperature and while this one is not overwhelmingly cold to touch, the one when you're overwhelmed with emotions just might be. It might even come to the level of freezing. The first few days you might wet your bed - not in that way but in the water pouring out of your pores way - or freeze it.
2 - Chockolate; Ground --> Side effect: Regenerative abilities, sun-induced stiffness; Since you've chosen my second favourite number, you're getting something cool, too /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png Just as ground transfers energy you'll be able to connect with it and heal your wounds, however, just as the ground goes stiff when the sun is burning, you'll too, notice your body becomes stiff when too long i the sun, too. The problem is, that after too much time on the sun, you'll body will become so stiff that a big harder hit will make it "dustable". Luckily, if somebody "dusts" your hand off, you'll regenerate it. It just might be a bit painful...
3 - Harle; Water --> Side effect: when wet growing fish scales. Your character will be faced with the problem/advantage of growing fish scales all over her body when getting wet. So every time she uses her magic, the scales will painfully grow and painfully return into your skin once you dry up.
4 - Nina Jones; Spirit - Empathy; Whoa - because you picked my favourite number, you're getting the only spirit element /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/yikes.png. Luckily your element came with no side effects. Well, if you consider yourself lucky to be able to feel every emotion others are feeling precisely the way they're feeling it. At least you'll know when someone is lying. At first you'll be kept in the dungeons of the castle, because otherwise you'd go mad with the intensity of teenage hormones surrounding you.
5 - Yukibana-Haruna; Water --> Side effect: Floor-length hair, which you can manipulate. It absorbs energy from the ground. Your character's hair will grow to floor length and you'll be able to feel it as if it were any other limb of your body. Cutting it would result in strong pain and it would never grow back again. At first you'll have difficulties with it because you won't know how to control it properly - just the way babies learn to walk.
6 - ???
7 - Dare; Fire --> Side effect: normal body temperature 45 degrees Celsius (=113 Fahrenheit) and rises when mad. Your character's body will now function on a whole other temperature, which while it doesn't burn on a normal basis, still feels very hot to others. Once you're overwhelmed with negative emotions, the temperature rises, making it dangerous for others. The first few days you'll have heat waves because your body still hasn't adapted.
8 - ???
9 - ???
10 - ???
11 - ???
12 - ???

13 - Fashion-Chic; Air --> Side effect: scent sensation. your character will be overwhelmed with smells, because her sense of smell will increase rapidly and strongly and she'll be able to sense smells within half a kilometre range, but don't worry - the smells nearby will be too much to actually differentiate them at first. This will at start cause strong headaches and nausea.

RULES:
- 72 hours per round
- 1 main character per person (whose appearance should more or less stay the same along the way)
- 4 rounds, each ending at 22:00 forum time and next one posted within an hour or two (after reading what you've written and preparing individual rounds)
- no matter how repetitive always read the requirements
- min: 100 words
- max: the sky is the limit
- discussion is welcome and encouraged, but limited to contestants (otherwise it might go out of control)

I have four exams next week, so don't get too upset if I am a bit slowish /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

Last edited by Tonkolina (02/02/2017 at 19:48)

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#2 20/01/2017 at 23:16

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

RESERVED FOR EXTRA CHARACTERS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

EXTRAS

Going OOC

Last edited by Tonkolina (25/01/2017 at 12:43)

#3 21/01/2017 at 00:27

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Name
Brooklyn 'Brooke' Reynolds

Sex
Female

Flaws:
Restless // unsympathetic // over-analytical // unpredictable // fake

Virtues
Independent // observant // intelligent // confident // logical // good story teller

Dream
I don't want much in life, just somewhere I can call my own

Fear
I'm not afraid of anyone or anything. Well, I strongly dislike small spaces.

Face Claim
Link to external image

Number

Story
So you want to hear my story huh? I warn you, it gets pretty wild. Sure, it starts off relatively happy. I used to live with my mum and dad. We weren't one of those rich, stuck up people that have afternoon tea with those tiny cucumber sandwiches. But then again, we weren't poor folk either. We just got by. But then we began to have our differences. Let's just say they thought drinking and gambling was more important, where as I thought having enough money to eat was a damn good way to live. I also didn't seem to fit their perception of the "perfect daughter". Let's leave it at that.

So did I did what anyone else in my situations; I packed up my belongings (including my scars) and left. Mind you, I couldn't carry much back then, I was a weakling. I found a gang, they felt sorry for this poor 12 year old girl and took me in. At least, that's what I thought. Turns out they just wanted to test their drugs were safe before they started dealing.

Ralph discovered me one night, lying in the gutter, completely off my face. Many people had walked past, giving dirty looks and tutting loudly. But Ralph was different. He half dragged, half carried me back to his abandoned car and sorted me out. He helped get me clean, and now we've been a duo ever since.

That was, until the other day when those weirdos found me. There I was just minding my business in the park when two freakishly tall women come over to me, telling me I have powers and stuff like that. I thought they were high! But then Rufus looked at me with sad, heavy eyes. He'd always said I was something special and this was proving it. He told me to leave with them, and although it broke my heart to do so I went.

And know I'm here, in this hell hole.

Outfits:
https://s30.postimg.org/60a7i475d/fashion_chic_203.pnghttps://s30.postimg.org/j0iiimzf5/fashion_chic_204.png

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (25/01/2017 at 21:06)

#4 21/01/2017 at 02:39

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Name: Zodi Munroe

Sex: Female

Flaws: arrogant, holds grudges, makes snap decisions

Virtues: inquisitive, accepting, creative

Dream: Dreams, or rather one particular dream is what landed me here in the first place. I only have one question, one hope, one thought: WHY?

Fear: The worst thing you can do is leave someone behind without answers and that's what I've done to my aunt. I worry that now I'll never get to tell her why I left, why I had to leave...and garden gnomes, those things creep me out.

Face claim:

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32431.jpg

Number: 7 please

Story: The dreams had always been the same; me running through a fog with my heart pounding in my chest and the voices in my head urging me onward even though I had no idea where I was going. I'd always wake up, covered in sweat and trying to catch my breath unsure if I'd been running towards something or away from it. I'd told my aunt about them once and while her mouth told me it was nothing, that I shouldn't worry, the look of terror on her face was unmistakable. It was the same look she had the afternoon I'd come home full of sixth grade secrets and she had to tell me that my parents were missing...not dead, but gone nonetheless. That afternoon feels like a lifetime ago, and in some respects it was...it is.

A few days after I turned 16 the dreams stopped, or rather they changed. Instead of running aimlessly without any idea of what was occurring, I suddenly understood that I was running towards something...but I still have no idea what...or where.

One afternoon, as I sat in the park skimming the book in my hand what I was more focused on was contemplating what the dream could mean for the thousandth time. It was then that I was approached by a woman who looked at little older than me who asked if we could talk.

"No thank you." I said burying my face deeper into the book.

"I can tell you what you're running towards." She said plainly, the same way someone would ask for directions or tell you there was paper stuck to your shoe. I ignored her until she sat down next to me and repeated her statement more deliberately.

My curiosity got the best of me and I asked her to explain. She said she had to show me, and while my brain should have been flashing "stranger danger", instead I trusted her...and I followed her. That's how I ended up here...at this school...and I have far more questions than answers...

Outfits: 
everyday outfit
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32432.jpg

Expertus ceremony outfit
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32433.jpg

Last edited by Dare (21/01/2017 at 02:41)

#5 21/01/2017 at 13:03

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Holland Redgrave
Flaws: volatile, spoilt, manipulative, arrogant, easily bored
Virtues: loyal, affectionate, open-minded, charming, determined
Dream: Be in total control of everything relevant to her.
Fear: Being forgotten, left behind or irrelevant.
Face claim: Kiersey Clemons
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/94/15/11/941511d7dd1b28f78d7825621bded2e9.jpg
Number: 1, as for usual /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Story:
Holland was adopted when she was an older child, at the age of 14, which was a miraculous age to get adopted. According to statistics. Growing up she always dreamed big, she wished to have lavish things, better life, pretty stuff in her own spacious room and all other things that would make her a heroine of her own story, like the girls do on TV. She wished for it, years and years, until it finally happened. Her parents, the Redgraves, Leonardo and Elisa, were a wealthy couple of lawyers that met during their time spent at Harvard. They could have children of their own, but they decided to skip the part with pregnancy, bottles, diapers and long nights, and they skipped way ahead. She was already an independent human being when they got her. So, the romance begin and before she turned around she was living the dream. Leo and Elisa both wanted to indulge her in all things she wanted to have, Holland took it quite well, obviously things worked out just wonderfully.

She got to the school via a recommendation from her aunt, Nia, and before she even got to google it properly, she was shipped off there without even being consulted.

She's, obviously, not talking to her parents right now, but what's a girl going to do, really? She thinks too greatly of herself to just accept the fact she wasn't consulted on the matter, so she acts like it now.

Outfits
Link to external image
Link to external image
(sorry, this is the only mask i can buy rn, i shouldn't ignore playing this game, clearly)

Last edited by Zaralee (22/01/2017 at 13:47)

#6 21/01/2017 at 14:20

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋
Place: Netherlands

https://s20.postimg.org/c01x08119/Aurora_banner.pngAge// 16
Sex// Female

Flaws// easily distracted, materialistic, childish at time, naive, holds grudge
Virtues// gentle, helpful, caring, creative, loyal, honest, respectful

Dream// Becoming famous, I like to sing.
Fear// Insects and dark places.

Face claim// Camila Cabello

Number// 4

Story and some more// What? Who is a witch?
Aurora was born into a family of 5, the youngest and above that also the only girl.
Her father was of a Spanish origin while her mother is American-Italian.
Her family isn't rich but is also far from being poor and even if they had been poor Aurora was spoiled like no other no-one in her family ever told her no yet it never got to her head.
She still knew that you had to work hard to get where you want to be in life.
Yet being pampered was never bad in her book.
Even when being the youngest Aurora is the most mature sibling always helping her mother out or giving advice to everyone. She is well respected in her family and on the street she won't pass an old lady before asking to help her out. Some people dislike her personality because they think is fake but she's genuine just sweet and caring. They sunlight of her family.

Of course, she also has flaws like how she can stars hours on hours on her phone or wanted the newest of the newest of anything, She's also extremely naive at times but the childish part is the most annoying because believe it or not but her tantrums are no joke. She's sweet but if you get on her bad side and you will see a monster that can hold a grudge far too long for a sweet girl.
Part 1// The witch
I yawned really needed some more sleep but school just won't let me, I needed to stay up tonight too to block for upcoming exams. And what else was there for this day?

I yawned once again and frowned, why was I tired these last days? and my sixteen's birthday was coming up in 3 days. I am always excited for birthdays especially because my present are exactly what I want. I frowned when I felt nothing like excitement just pure tiredness.

Walking into my home, I walked straight to the kitchen.

"Mommy?!, I am home," I yelled around the house when I didn't find her in the kitchen.

"Aurora, come here sweety," I heard my mother's voice coming from the living room.

When I walked into the room I came face to face with a beautiful woman with black hair and sparkling blue eyes.
She gave me an encouraging smile, while my dad was glaring at her.
My mum looked at me and gestured to me to sit between her and dad.

"She's back can you tell me know what all this is about?" I gasped and my mother just sighed.

Dad was never rude and my siblings and I would be damned if we where my mum would slap us.
Disrespecting people was out of the question for the Espejo's.
So yes I was surprised to see this side of him.

"Aurora Espejo, you're chosen to become one of Canticum student," The woman spoke up with a smile.

"What? My daughter is going to a perfect school already," My mother slap him on his head and gestured for the woman to continue when my dad interrupted her so rudely.

"It's a special school for the gifted and your daughter's voice is incredible," I blushed at the compliment.

My dad was seething, "Miss..." He started and the woman said quickly, "Miss McKennedy,"

"Yes alright Miss McKennedy, like I said before Aurora is going to a great school already," My dad finished but my mum said nothing.

I was moving left and right on the bank a little ashamed of my dad's outburst.

"But don't you want her to achieve her dreams?" The woman looked perplexed.

"Where is this school exactly?" My mum asked before my dad could say anything else.

"England is a beautiful country," The woman smiled once again making me smile with her.

"What! She's not going! And that's final," My dad yelled and walked to the backdoor.

I looked surprised just like my mother and or guest.

"Aurora show Miss McKennedy we have talked enough!" My dad yelled once again with raised voice before leaving the living room into the garden.

"Aurora, please do what your dad said and Miss McKennedy it was a pleasure," My mum nodded at me and walked out after my dad.

I made my way to the front door listening to the heels following me to the front door I was so ashamed and properly won't see her ever again and it would have been a great opportunity too.

I let a sigh escape.

"Aurora you have to come with me," The woman's demeanour changed from happy-go-lucky to seriously in a sec.

"Excuse me?" I replied confused.

"You have to decide for yourself to come with me but I hope you do," Miss McKennedy told me.

"What do you mean?" I replied still confused she did hear my parents right. "My parents..."

"I know but they aren't safe if you stay, your talent isn't so much as singing as it is magic," She replied and I frowned.

"Whaaa," I replied but she interrupted

"The birthmark of the phoenix on the backside of your neck," I unconscious thought my neck where I knew that indeed the birthmark was present.

"Yes, that's what shows you what you are," I frowned once again.

"And what is that?" I asked curiously.

"a Witch," She said and I laughed out loud.

'That's not funny miss Mcken...," I got interrupted with a huff.

"I'm  not making jokes here Aurora tonight when you dream of unicorns think about what I said," I didn't respond and she continued.

"Your mother has my number call me with a decision," and with a smile and curt nod she turned around and left.
Part 2// Decision
I was looking out of the window thinking about what Miss McKennedy said before she left.
What should I do? I was so confused and scared.

My door opened revealing my mother who walked in and straight to me.

"Hey, sweetheart was wrong? you have been looking outside that window for a long time," My mum said in a beat giving me a small smile.
"I don't know what to do," I confessed and she hugged me kissing my left shoulder.

"It's your own choose sweetheart but I will respect whatever you choose," My mum gave me another kiss.

"I don't know what to choose," I responded honestly.

Did she not understand what I was actually afraid to leave and what about dad opinion?
Will he really accept my choose even if it meant saying yes to the over?
Could I even stay here if I was putting my family at risk?

"What about dad?" I asked her instead of telling her I was afraid.

"Déjame manejar ese gruñón.," I laughed at that when she kissed my head once again.

"Mum, I am scared," I told her after our laughter died down.

"That's okay Aurora...is okay but don't let fear keep you away from what you want to achieve," My mum responded and kissed my forehead.

"Get some sleep sweetheart you look tired," My mum said standing up and walking to my door.

"Mum?" I called out to her and she turned to give me her attention.

"Yes?" She asked when I didn't say anything after calling her.

"I will go," I said sealing my faith.

"I know and you will be a great witch," She winked when I gaped at her and left.

I closed my eyes and dreamed once again about unicorns for the first time in 10 years.
Part 3// Special Element
Just 1 hour left and I would be 16, I was wearing a beautiful black gown and a mask to match. They gave me the mask and it just made the gown better. I was nervous and playing with my bracelet was helping ( an early gift from my mother). After arriving yesterday at the breath taking school (I have to say I was happy I said yes to the opportunity) not only was the school breathtaking but so was the view of the place. Miss McKennedy had already told me what the purpose of the Expertus Ceremony was and I was genuinely curious about what my element would be. Would it be water, fire, earth or air? I wasn't looking forward to side effects tough, I sighed and shook my head I would deal with it when it's so far.

And half an hour later I was being summoned.

"Aurora, It's your turn," A voice said behind me.

I looked up to see Miss McKennedy with a smile.

"Ma'am," I bowed making her laugh.

"You look beautiful, Aurora," I smiled at that and followed her out of my temperament room.

We walked an internality in my mind but should have been maybe 3 minutes and when we got to the door where we were supposed to be Miss McKennedy pushed it open to reveal a beautiful ballroom.

"Stay calm, nothing bad is going to happen," She told me when she saw me shake heavily.

I nodded and smiled at her when she herself but on a black mask and gestured to me to the midst of a circle. The circle itself was a beautiful painted it had swirls and was dark blue and I had to stand on the grey circle with a big C in it what was surprising was that some swirls had different colors like (grey, lighter blue, green and brown) I closed my eyes when they started to chant it was amazing. It sounded like a song they were all singing. But when the clock in the house hit 12 o'clock it got quite and to my surprised the colorful swirls lighted up I already had heard of this from Miss McKennedy it would all light up and then all would go out and only one would stay on that was supposed to be your chosen element but after a minute none when out like they were supposed to go. It was silent around the whole room for another 4 minutes when someone spoke up.

"So could she be?" Some voice asked.

"No it can't be we haven't had one since 6 years," Another voice.

"And yet the lights don't go out," Someone recognised that.

"So she is?" The first voice again.

"No way!" Another voice one again.

I was shaking what was going on? when everyone started to talk towards one other it went into a confused talking match but that was also what was going around in my body I felt excitement, wonder, anger, confused etc. all in one I couldn't even focus on one emotion when another would enter it was messing with my head and I let a scream escape before dropping to the floor with my head in my hands. It quite down soon after that and so did the commotion in my head, I let a revealed sign escape.

"What was that?" The first voice asked I felt surprised.

"Did she feel something?" a voice spoke up.

Yes I did was what I wanted to scream out but I kept quite when I felt the coldness in my core.

"Something like what???" another voice, another emotion wonder entered.

"It seems like...empathy," I heard a trusting voice.

"Miss McKennedy?" I heard myself ask trying to focus on something else than my emotions.

"Yes, sweetheart is me," Emotion as peace entered me making me feel more relaxed at that moment.

"What is going on?" I asked quietly.

"Your special, Aurora, really special," I frowned when I felt her nervousness why was I feeling nervous or was she nervous?

"We can't let her meet the other students yet," First voice and I felt stressed.

"I agree she has to control that," The cold voice and I felt something but what?

"What are we supposed to do then?" another voice really confused feelings.

"Let me think for a minute," First voice and what was I feeling now? Could I said also confused or something else?

"It has to be a quite and peaceful place," another voice and it feels like wonder or thoughtful?

"The dungeons?" snicker in the cold voice but what was I feeling?

"We can not do that to her," Miss McKennedy's voice and to me a little anger feelings.

"We have too," first voice once again and did I feel some sympathy?

I was confused about the emotions that I did not pay attention to what they were saying. I should have listened because I would have refused their offer but it was too late now.
Part 4// Isolation
I'm afraid of two things insects they make me crawl but the darkness that makes me want to bawl my eyes out and make it dark small spaces and I have a heart attack. No joke! So what do I do? Correct avoid such places (my own room has stars that gave light in darkness). I have never told anyone but growing up in a big family being alone or having alone time was never the option so never knew that isolation would be hard but I would soon find out what it feels like to have total and utter time on your hand but zero noise it will become a worse fear than darkness itself.

Walking to the dungeon I was too focussed on what had happened I was following Miss McKennedy sure but my mind elsewhere. Like what was my ability? What was my element? I was confused that none of the lights went out they were supposed to go out so what happened? And what did Miss McKennedy mean by that I was special? How special? I shook my head no this wasn't working I was just making myself go crazy with questions.

"Where are we going?" I asked Miss McKennedy.
"Somewhere where you can get used to your element," Her emotion was nervous.

All emotion that I get was when somebody else talked so I figured that they weren't my emotions but someone else's.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked her curious.

"I don't think my fellow witches are making the right choose," Now I felt her anger she really didn't like the decision.

"Why not?" I asked once again.

"Didn't you hear? They want to put you in a dungeon," Miss McKennedy was surprised I could feel it.

"What?! No!" I shook my head heavily.

No way! I hate darkness. But I couldn't yell that at her that would be rude. She grabbed my hand.

"I am sorry Aurora but is the best for you, you don't have your element under control yet," She told me and I shook my head at her honest emotion.

"But I am afraid in the dark," I had tears running down my face.

"She chuckled and shook her head it's not darkness you have to be afraid of," She sounded amused.

But that wasn't what I was feeling, I felt her nervosity.

"What is it that I need to be afraid of?" I asked biting my lip.

"The silence," was what she responded with.

I frowned but kept quite I wasn't afraid of silence I won't mind some silence. I had thought wrong 1 day would have been okay but longer than that I should have been warned by the uneasiness felt coming from Miss McKennedy but it I hadn't paid attention once again more relive that I won't have to be in darkness.

"You just have to be brave, The silence may get overwhelming but just master your own emotion. We need you to master it before we can throw you in with the others," I felt the sympathy but I didn't get why felt sympathy.

I nodded again just to see her gave me a small smile.

2 minutes later she stopped and opened a door.

"We have arrived," she sounded like she regretted coming here with me.

She walked in and I followed into the lovely princess' dreamy room it looked lovely it looked like a regular room yet I still felt like Miss McKennedy was stiff and angry.

"How long will I be in here?" I asked her.

"I don't know," She was lying I felt it and she didn't dare to look at me when she said that.

Signing I nodded and she gave me and the smile.

"Don't be scared, you will leave this room soon," another lie and it made me confused why was she lying.

"I am sorry," I felt the devastated feelings before she left the room with her eyes to the ground.
I don't know how long I was sitting on the bed the days went through each other. If it were even days or hours.
I didn't know for sure it felt like days or even weeks that I was in this room other than that I was giving food no one really talked or paid me much attention I felt lonely and my own emotion felt like they were on zero.
I really don't know how long I was in this silence but I wanted to cry it was to [...]

"How does it feel to have the element of spirit?" I felt cold and a hand touched my shoulder it felt like bones hands.

I screamed so hard before passing out.
Done

outfits// Everday& Ceremony
https://s20.postimg.org/mx38oznst/ninajones_1.pnghttps://s20.postimg.org/rq1huc56l/ninajones.png

Last edited by NinaJones (23/01/2017 at 22:15)

#7 21/01/2017 at 15:00

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate
Place: Riga

Name: Celina
Flaws: idealistic, aggressive, judgmental
Virtues: decisive, nurturing, imaginative
Dream: to become successful, to be a leader, a queen of sorts.
Fear: fear of not being loved, adored and respected, fear of people forgetting her.
Face claim: (Jennifer Lawrence)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Jennifer_Lawrence_in_2016.jpg/170px-Jennifer_Lawrence_in_2016.jpg
Number: 2
Story: I was left without a mother or a father and with a younger sister (Melinda) on my hands at a very young age. Thus I didn't have much chance at a normal childhood, I had to do everything to survive and help my sister grow up and have a chance at life. I don't remember much of my parents, just my mother's long blond hair and my farther's wisdom that never seemed to stop amazing me. I can't say I was too young or just pushed the memories deep down to avoid feeling the huge empty void inside of me. My little town was a big help, everyone who had any trade at all taught me all they could. I learnt how to read, count, fish, cook, build, construct, sew, etc. I earnt food and money by helping out the people that taught me. They didn't shelter me, for my sister's sake they made me become strong. When I cried they didn't hold me and say everything's going to be okay. They dragged me to the next job so I could distract and pull myself together. But I can't say I didn't grow up loved and adored, everyone saw potential in me. And with me growing up I also gained authority, because I had all the towns knowledge molded into me. I was so busy that my sister only got bedtime stories from me, warm meals and some reading lessons before I buzzed off to my responsibilities. People seemed to forget of my sister, she was timid, quite and always stayed in my shadow. I fear that she is holding back a lot of her potential, she thinks she owes me her life and will do little to bother me or ask for my help more than I have. I wish she wouldn't hide herself, but I fear she will either surpass me one day and turn away from her only blood family left of we shall unite our strengths and we shall help our  town prosper to legendary levels.
One day one of the towns traders came back with guests. Guests whose presence Celina felt long before they arrived, Melinda could feel my uneasiness, too. The guests told her of the school and that she must leave. They hadn't been informed about my sister. They did not know what to do with her for now, but as I insisted that I need her, they allowed her to journey together with me. We set out to reach the school. It was a long way here and Celina knew nothing of what lay ahead.

Outfits:
Link to external image Link to external image

https://i.imgur.com/qWiSjUN.png

#8 21/01/2017 at 16:25

Totally’Fashion
Harle

Name: Harle
Flaws: Confrontational, stubborn, arrogant, impulsive
Virtues: Intelligent, adventurous, courageous, passionate
Dream: To live a fulfilled life
Fear: To lose herself chasing other's dreams
Face claim: Rosie Huntington https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1e/f5/01/1ef50127f840d660a5a6114408c1ebe1.jpg
Number: 3
Story:
    “Look at them. They will get matching tattoos, shall we get one also?”
    “Harle, we have the same birthmark that it’s quite big, you want matching tattoos also?”
    “Well when you look at it in that way, no I don’t. But I’m finally sixteen, so I am not going out of this parlor without that idea of mine tattooed on my stomach, and you are here to cover me up.”
    “You do realize mom and dad are going to be mad?”
    “They are covered up in tattoos, mom even stylized her birthmark with colors and stuff, they will be just fine with me having a tattoo.”
    “TattooS you mean?”
    “Yep, multiple, now let’s get this over with.”
Needle started buzzing…

Having a big brother is something that is irreplaceable, it’s the bond that can never be broken, and love that can never be exceeded. And I must confess that all this weird stuff that’s been happening ever since I can remember, are at least ten times easier having him by my side. I know that mom and dad tried to protect us from this when we were little. Later, when they realized it can never be hidden, they tried to explain what’s happening, but best comfort always came from my brother. Being a little rebel, parents couldn’t fix my idea of ripping off my skin whenever I get a shower. I was simply unaware what were those things popping out of my skin, and I hated those more than I hated pain of inflicting wounds on myself. Mom couldn’t understand it then, dad neither, at the end, they learnt how to control their powers, but Robert didn’t. We went through all of this together, we’ve been through hell and back holding hands.
    “Wake up sleepy-head! You have to pack your bags.” Mom’s soothing voice echoed the room since I’m planning to take all of my belongings with me
    “Ask Robert to pack my stuff when he is done packing his.” I turned over in my bed hoping that I can fall asleep again.
    “Robert went out with dad to get some stuff you will need there, now get up, I made you a breakfast.” She left the room and I was alone with my thoughts

I knew that I’m going somewhere where I can be myself, and where I can learn to control myself without others looking at me as I am a freak. What is my power at the end? Water, fire, air or something completely different? I don’t even know what Robert has, nor does he. I couldn’t fall back to my sleep, and I am not sure if I wanted to. Those nightmares were really vivid last 2 weeks and I understood why is that once I found out about going to Expertus. I dressed up in no time and went down to drink coffee with my mother, one last time until I go back home.
Link to external image

“You know, I was thinking about you wearing the dress I wore once I was wearing the day when I was discovered.”She opened the door of a big closet. I always wondered what was in there when I was little, but it was always locked, and I couldn’t open it with any of the keys found around the house. The dress was covered in gold, it was mesmerizing.
    “Mom, don’t you think I’m the least responsible person you could ever meet, and you are ready to give me this dress?”
    “Honey, if you don’t like it, I will give you money to buy a new one, it’s not a problem.”
She turned around ready to put the most beautiful dress back in the closet.
    “How could anyone dislike this dress, I’m just afraid I will ruin it completely.” She smiled with the biggest smile I’ve ever seen
    “Look, it’s in the family for generations. I’ve kept it for so long, just to see you in it. You can ruin it all you want, and I still wouldn’t be mad.”she kissed me and handed me the dress “My mask is ruined though, you can thank your dad for that.”
    “How come? I have never seen him opening that closet either.”
    “Oh no, he ruined it the day of our inauguration, he was eager to see how I look like since he still claims he fell in love with me the moment he saw me.”
She giggled and I remembered what was my goal in life. I desire no money, no power, but the true love just like my parents shared.
    As I was drinking last sip of coffee, looking at my mom’s swollen eyes Robert barged in laughing loud as only he can, dad came after him gasping for air from laughter.
    “You two had a great time, didn’t you?” my mom asked and smiled for a change, since she’s been teary-eyed whole time while we were drinking coffee. Before they could tell us what was this about, Robert grabbed keys from the table and looked at me. It was a goodbye for some time, at least I will have him by my side. The ride was mostly silent, we were both afraid from what we will experience from now on. I never saw my brother with this look on his face, he was worried, and so was I. Our thoughts were interrupted once we saw big sign, written in Helvetica – “Canticum”. So the new chapter begins…
Link to external image

P.S.
If you want both of outfits at the end of the post tell me, I have placed the casual one alongside the story /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Harle (23/01/2017 at 17:21)

#9 23/01/2017 at 08:01

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

Name: Scarlett Ley

Flaws: Timid, strange, stubborn
Virtues: Patient, intelligent, observant, amiable

Dream: To become a successful entrepreneur.
Fear: To die a tragic death.

Face claim: Emma Watson
Link to external image

Number: 5

Story:
Introduction:
I was born in a wealthy but mysterious family. I lived in my family estate with my parents and two older brothers. I felt as if I didn't have a childhood: I grew up attending business conferences as the little pet of the Ley family.

I rarely interacted with others and didn't have many friends; I spent my free time with my cats, books, piano, and violin. My older brothers were seldom home, but when they were, I would change into sweat pants, a hoodie, a pair of sneakers, and fool around in my family's forest with the two of them.

But, it wasn't like I had a lot of free time anyway. It had always been my goal that I attend the Wharton School when I graduated from high school. I wanted to start my own business too, like the rest of my family.

Story:
"This must explain why our baby sister is so weird," my eldest brother Yves indicated. I just finished dressing.

"Baby, we'll miss you," my second older brother Augustus said, hugging me.

Even on this day, my birthday, my parents still couldn't come home. I didn't even know if anyone else in my family was "magical", except maybe my grandma... it was rumoured that she, my father's mother, had special powers before she passed away.

"Take this necklace with you, all right? Yvie and I will miss you a lot." Augustus gently put a necklace around my neck. We were having our last little moment in my spacious dressing room.

"Augustus, I'm going to be fine. I'm strong, I'm smart, I'm an independent woman." I laughed and slapped him on the back.

"You also hate make-up, and you hate having to deal with long hair, you boyish kid." Yves laughed and played with my hair.

"Hey, at least I actually took the time to curl... some of it." I laughed, and they did too.

"Okay Scarl, have fun, study hard, stay safe, don't die. Remember: Wharton is still waiting for you when you return." Augustus gave me another hug.

"Dude, she's going to be fine. Everyone's going to love her: high IQ, high EQ. You should probably stop suffocating the poor girl, Gussie. Let her go now: let her fly high."

Outfits:
https://s23.postimg.org/pjdk9eozv/yukibana_haruna_3.png
https://s30.postimg.org/v3ua34mtd/yukibana_haruna_4.png

Last edited by Yukibana-Haruna (23/01/2017 at 21:28)

#10 23/01/2017 at 21:54

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

Round closed.

Round 2 in preparation. It will take a while to read it all and prepare feedback. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#11 24/01/2017 at 00:46

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

ROUND 2 CLOSES: Thursday, 22:00 GMT

The school has started and along with trying to manage your abilities and their incredulous side effects you have to actually study magical theory and practice a lot. And not to eve mention all the new people you've just met.  They may be a year older than you, but they're still lost, just as you are.

And you've been placed into houses according to your elements and also given uniforms.

The uniforms consist of:
-    a white shirt
-    a black skirt
-    white socks
-    black flat shoes
-    and a tie or a scarf in the colour of your element:
fire          water          ground          air         spirit

ROUND REQUIREMENTS:

Name:
Element:
Outfit: uniform
Interests: up to 3 extra characters, for which you will get personalised tasks in this round and more detailed impressions in the next one
Story: Let me hear how's your school life starting, how you're making friends/enemies and how you're handling your element

PERSONAL TASKS

Alina, Phillip + personal tasks below snippet

Robert and Bruce + personal tasks below snippet

Derek, Jaerim, Scott + personal tasks below snippet

Extras added. You'll find out more about them through the snippets and impressions that follow. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

EXTRAS

And another contestant will be joining us in creating the story. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Her element is fire. Element: fire and she'll have flame "coloured" iris and hair, which basically means her eyes and hair will constantly have a flame within, red, orange, blue, yellow, constantly changing as if a fire was burning in a fireplace.
It won't be hot but it'll reflect her magic, when she sees the flame diminishing, her energy gets low, too.

Last edited by Tonkolina (25/01/2017 at 23:43)

#12 24/01/2017 at 00:57

Totally’Fashion
Harle

Element: Water
Interests: Robert (since he is my brother) and Scott
Story:

Loud banging on the door and deep voice woke me up from my dream. “Wake up, Snow White, time to go to class!” I just mumbled and waited for the door to open and teasing to begin.
    “So now I get a new nickname just because mom made a mistake?”
    “You can always make your own mistake, go and get black shirt and white skirt maybe?”
    “Just get lost Robert!”
he laughed and shrugged my moodiness off
    “I’m joking Harle, but really now, you will be late, go take a quick shower and I’ll see you in class.”

Yeah, a shower could help wash the embarrassment off. I was the only one wearing white, and it was my mom’s fault. How could she forget the rule? I wonder if she felt the same being the only girl in white. I turned on cold water to sober me up. “Oh hi blisters” I thought to myself “long time no see”. I knew the blisters would come and go with slight pain but this time was different. I could swear that I woke up three rooms next to me screaming. “Scales?! I’m growing scales?!?!” Bright blue scales started covering my chest faster than I could react, they were shining, but covered in blood, my own blood. Pain was unbearable so I turned off water before it touched any other part of  my body. Class starts in fifteen minutes and I have scales on my chest? Well, hello turtleneck. I stepped out of the shower and tried to push those things back, but my own body was resisting. What a way to find out your special skill.

On the way out of my room I stepped on the black feather. I picked it up wandering how come that birds flew freely around the campus, because I didn’t see single one since we came here. “Weird”, I thought and went on my way. I felt that people are watching me strange and I could not believe they still bother about color of my dress, and then I realized. Every girl here was wearing tie or a scarf, and I, again, made a mistake of wearing a damn bowtie. It is true that I never cared what people think of me, but it’s been less than 24 hours here and people are already noticing me, and not in a good way.

Link to external image

First class was awkward, and I somehow found a way to skip it. Little rebellious Harle is coming back to life I guess. I decided to go to the library before the start of second class which I thought would be a bit more interesting. Entering the old, antique library, I, once again, stumbled upon a crow’s feather. Ok, this is a witch school, but I still haven’t seen one single crow here. Pigeons were here, but no crows. Suddenly, a crow’s caw echoed above my head. Am I hallucinating? I decided to follow the sound since it was getting louder and louder, just to find it completely gone once I saw my brother sitting down with some other guy. Finally, someone I could talk to. Strange feeling passed through me once I saw he was reading a book about crows along with the book about controlling the nature.

“Hey, I’m Harle.”
I said putting my hand toward the guy sitting next to Robert since he didn’t saw me. He buried his head so deep in the books I could only wonder what is this about
    “Hi, I’m Bruce.” Said the guy shyly “Umm, Robert, I think this girl is here to talk to you.” He stood up and apologized himself, and started going toward the librarian desk. I could see his foot was in cast but before I could ask if he was ok he left me and Robert alone.
    “Are you ok?” I noticed Robert was somehow off, and aloof “Is everything alright?” I asked again due to the lack of response
    “Not quite.” He sighed and continued to look through the pictures and explanations of different crow species. I could hear a guy shouting from the back of the library in our direction but I couldn’t quite distinguish what was he yelling. Robert, once again sighed and commented how this school was a mistake. A guy yelled louder this time and as I focused to hear him I heard he was yelling about how real men grow hair on their back and chest and not feathers. Turning around I realized Robert was the only guy in the area at this point. “Who is he talking to?” I asked being afraid of the answer. I’ve put my hand on Robert’s back and realized why I was seeing all those feathers on my way here. I looked in his eyes and could see that even though he thinks his powers are cool, he was reserved about mentioning them. “Oh cra*! Look, I know plenty of people here don’t grow stuff when they use their magic, but just look at this.” I’ve lowered my shirt to show him the painful wounds and scales that still didn’t disappear from my chest. I could see him smile a bit realizing he isn’t “the freak” and that we could sooner or later learn how to cope with this. “Now excuse me, I have to go to another class, I don’t want to get the tag of mischief.”

Second class was almost as boring as the first one, but I decided to stay till the very end. Looking around I thought that I could make friends here, or I could just be the silent one for the whole year and get this over with. It was my decision. As the class finished, I wanted to get to small talk with few people even though I hate small talks, but the itchiness of my new tattoo got better of me and I just had to go out to fresh air and let it breathe. I guess the unused basketball court would be a place where I could lift my shirt and don’t get judged by the people around me. I ran fast as hell since the itchiness was heavier and heavier. I knew I couldn’t scratch it because I will ruin the tattoo, so letting it breathe was the best idea. From the panic of not being able to get rid of this feeling, I even managed to widen the part around the neck. This shirt was now good only for the garbage, but I couldn’t care less. The moment I was able to breathe and let my skin breathe. Thank god I took my coffee with me, I needed some space from people and stuffed rooms.

Link to external image

“Is that tattoo the only one you have?”  I heard a voice behind me. As I turned over I saw a good looking guy looking my way. Once I turned all the way over, his face changed from having a little smirk to wide eyes “Oh boy, whole stomach?”I couldn’t grasp what he was talking about until the moment I’ve realized I completely raised my shirt.
    “Umm…” I muttered trying to lower my shirt “I guess those two are the only ones I have.”
    “Don’t cover it. I see it’s fresh, you will ruin the pigment.”
    “How do you know it’s fresh?”
I asked confused
    “I know a lot about tattoos. Maybe you should apply some cold water on it if it burns. You want a cigarette with that coffee or are you a good girl?”
    “Yea right, apply cold water...”
I mumbled to myself knowing that if I apply cold, hot or any kind of water on that area, I could only make it worse. Now I even have to find a way to properly shower without water touching my bellybutton. I saw that he was confused by my answer but before I could explain it to him, and answer his question, he threw away the cigarette bud, said goodbye and went off with two other guys I was unfamiliar with. Who was this guy? And why was he spending time alone on an old basketball field? Maybe I will find out…

Last edited by Harle (25/01/2017 at 22:34)

#13 24/01/2017 at 01:44

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

https://s20.postimg.org/c01x08119/Aurora_banner.pngElement// Spirit-Empathy

Outfits// Uniform& Element Study
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32618.jpg//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32572.jpg

Interest// Alina, Bruce and Robert

Story// Figuring out?! How the school works??

Part 5// Roommate
3 weeks they kept me in that room for and I felt so empty.
After my breakdown, I became friends with the fear it seemed (It was my own creation). Who had thought that if I have strong emotions like anger, fear, sadness e.t.c, I can make an Illusion to help ease the feeling like when I started to feel extreme fear for the silence, I made Fear so I won't be alone, he shouldn't have scared me thought that wasn't cool.

I finally stepped out of the room that I dreaded.

"I'm sorry, Aurora," Was the first thing that Miss McKennedy said when she released me after a hug.

I ignored her and looked straight ahead. what they had done was wrong, point blank.

"If there only had been another way," I felt her sadness and sighed I felt her horrible quilt.

"No worries, it worked right I don't feel anything so I won't get overloaded," I replied at her blankly.

"We didn't mean for that to happen," She looked shocked I felt her honesty.

I was about to snap what was supposed to happen then I wanted to yell at her. (I know right a goody two shoe being rude shocker) but then I felt a chill. It felt terrifying but when I turned to look at the source it was a girl maybe a little older than me with white hair but what kept me in a lock was her eyes. They felt so sad and lonely. I still felt the chills going up and down my spine but still threw her a smile and it made her respond surprised but also seemed to relax her because not a second later and the chills went away. I gave her an easy nod and turned back to Miss McKennedy. Looking in her eyes I could still see fear so I tapped her arm to make her snap out of it.

"Are you okay?" I asked Miss McKennedy and she nodded.

She looked back at the girl before giving me an apologetic gaze and gestured for me to follow.

I followed her to a dorm it seemed and she walked a little too fast like a hound was behind her I had to jog to keep up with her.

"This will be your room for the rest of the school year," Miss McKennedy opened a door with the yellow number 4 on it.

"I am not staying in another room alone,"  I deadpanned.

"No, you don't have to Aurora you will have a roommate," Before she could finish I saw a beautiful redhead, green eyed girl exit the bathroom I think and I ran to her, hugging her.

"Human being," I yelled before the girl pushed me off her a little.

"Are you crazy?" She asked amusement clearly in her voice but her emotion where confused with a hit of fear.

"No don't worry Femke, this is Aurora she just came out of the Dungeons," Miss McKennedy spoke up before I could.

"Owwww...." This time her laugh was genuine making me release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I'm sorry got too excited, I am  Aurora," I hold out my hand and she took it.

"No worries, roomy, I'm Femke, you got a nice name by the way," Her smile was so bright I tried to take a little of her emotion but it didn't work.

"Thank you," I smiled back at her before we heard Miss McKennedy do a cough to get our attention.

"Aurora, Femke has the Element spirit just like you but while you got empathy she has shield creation. So most Elements don't work on her," I nodded at that getting then why I couldn't take some of her happiness earlier.

"Empathy, huh," Femke gave me a knowing look and laughed.

I blushed.

"I will take my leave, will you two be okay?" She asked and Femke replied.

"We will be fine right, Rory, the best of friends," She gave me a big smile she was radiating happiness.

"The best," I replied and gave her a genuine big grin.
Part 6// Magical Theories
I couldn't believe it I was late all because Femke wanted to see a movie with me. I should have slept earlier like I planned now I overslept, I grabbed my other sock fast. And slipped in my shoes trying to find my bag.

"Fem!, come on help me find my back I only have 5 minutes left," I yelled at her laughing face.

"No way, I'm going to sleep again I still got some time," She replied with a grin.

"Meanie," I grumbled playfully.

"I would run if I was you," She sang-sung to me making me a glare but take her advice and start running.

I wasn't paying much attention just wanted to get to class and a damn way was it so crowded. I bumped into someone and turned to see him pressed against a locker. I should stop and see how he was doing but when I saw that I had only 1 minute left I made a mental note to search for him later I just didn't have the time now. I slide in the classroom just before the second bell and let a breath escape, Saved. I felt horrible in class thought how could I leave someone that I bumped into so hard I just hoped it he was okay.

"Alright welcome all new years my name is Dr Hepburn, I'm a specialist in Magic but in the real word my speciality is human mind," The teacher started off I could feel his confident.

Someone raised their finger to ask something but I zoned out still worried about the guy I bumped into where could I find him.

"Alright, we will start with a fast introduction just name and something that makes you special," His confident was also laced with amusement which made me think that he liked this part of the job.

I felt different emotion like fear, excitement, wonder etc. when people said their name and something excited about them most just told what element they had. When it was my turn I stood up and spoke up as confident as I could.

"My name is Aurora Espejo and I'm Italian-American with a bunch of Spanish flavours," I told my class making them chuckle and then someone else spoke up.

"Bloody Americans always want to be special," I heard behind me in a sneer it sounded hateful but I felt her emotion her confident was low she just wanted to play cool making me chuckle softly before sitting back down.

"The one that just spoke up was your name," Dr Hepburn ask looking somewhere behind me.

I turned around to see a blushing girl stand up 2 sits behind me.

"Uhm..pa..t..ty si..r..and my..el..em.ent...is..gro..und," She stuttered the class laughed but I felt a little sorry for her.

"Look at that you are special too," Dr Hepburn winked at me I nodded at him as thanks even thought he didn't have to and he gave someone else a turn.

Afterwards, he wrote one word on the board MAGIC.

He asked everyone to scream what came to mind I brace myself for the assault of emotions and breathed slow and steady I was happy when it calmed down there were only three words that were on the board.
Fantasy, Books and Harry Potter I sighed really that's all they could come up with.

"You Aurora? you didn't yell anything," Dr Hepburn gave me a curious look.

I was still trying to make all the emotions clear out so I took me a second to respond.

"Sorry Dr Hepburn but I had to focus on my Element," I replied when I could he nodded understandingly and pointed to the word.

"And Aurora do you got a word?" He asked me I felt the peace in his voice.

"Complicated," I responded.

"Interesting," He mumbled and wrote the word down.

"Okay everyone can you open your books on page 1," He continued and the rest of the lesson I learned something new about magic.
Part 7// Libarian
After my other three classes, I went to my room to change into something lighter. Seeing Femke on her phone with headphones on. She was nodding her head to the beat of the music it seemed. I changed into a dress before collecting a bag and tapped her shoulder when I was done.

"Wow Rory, how long have you been here?" Fem asked pulling her headphone of her head.

"8 minutes or something," I responded grabbing my bag and cross it on my shoulder.

"You look lovely where are you going?" Fem said approvingly.

"Library I need a book on empathy and work on my homework," I gave my answer once again.

"No! my bestie is a nerd," Fem grumbled I rolled my eyes at her playful emotion.

"Nop, just curious about my element and I rather not do my homework last minute," I mumbled the last part, of course, making her laugh.

"So if I tell you there would be a party this weekend will you come with me?" She but on big doe eyes but her emotion was teasingly.

"Sure if I'm done with my homework," I replied when I saw her grin widen.

She gave me a playful glare before shoving me to the door.

"What are you waiting for then go finish up," I laughed at her eagerness that wasn't only in her voice but also emotion.

One thing about Femke and that is 85 percent of the time she shows and feels the same emotion at the same time it's funny to see too bad my element only works 25 percent of the time on her because her element neutralises mine. I walked to the library and walked o the desk right away.

"Hello sir, Do you have a book that's called Empathy-Following your emotion available maybe?"
I asked but was looking down on my phone to get the title right.

"You!" I looked up to the hostile emotion in his voice and was shocked to see the guy I bumped into this morning what got my attention, however, was the limb arm at his side.

"Oh my lord, I am so sorry! Did I break your arm, Oh my god, I'm horrible how could I do such thing and run away, I am so sorry, I am really really sorry, I just didn't want to be late for class which is a horrible excuse, I am so sorry, Oh lord don't kill me" While having a small break down I walked around the desk and touched his arm softly.

"Hey calm down," They guy told me I heard his confused laughter at my response but I still snapped how dare he tell me to calm down while I hurt him.

"Don't tell me to calm down," I snapped at him and frowned at his arm.

"I can't believe I broke your arm and walked away I am a horrible person, I'm sorry!" I felt sadness bubble up.

"Uhm... You are not going to cry are you," He sounded so unsure uneasy I almost chuckled at his emotion.

"No..But I do feel so bad, really, really sorry," I told him once again pleadingly.

"I forgive you," He told me but I shook my head even though I felt the honesty in his word.

"Do you really?" I asked with a frown I would have demanded some more explanation.

"Sure, you apologised," He raised his good shoulder and I felt his honesty so nodded and let it go.

"So which book did you need again," He asked me after we both kept silent.

"You are still going to help me," I asked surprised.

"I am the Librarian so yeah," Was the simple comeback.

"Your so sweet I'm really are sorry can't I do anything to make it up," I felt so sorry and mean.

"Sure you can," He replied thoughtfulness on his face.

"How?" I asked eagerly making him raise an eyebrow.

"Every Sunday the Library need some help with putting books back on their places do it a month for me and I will call it a truce." He replied looking at my rejection

"Sure under one condition." I replied simply.

"And that is?" He looked at me suspiciously.

"What should I call you?" I asked with a smile.

"Bruce," He said with a laughter.

"Then Bruce can you show me the way to the book Empathy-Following your emotion," I replied also with a laugh.

"Alright..." Bruce replied.

"Aurora," I replied when I got the hint.
Part 8// Element Study
"The power to fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others."

Was the first sentence I read when opening the book. Yes, I could indeed read emotion and moods temperament not yet, what else?

"The use can fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others without reading apparent symptoms, allowing them to understand introverts or discover one emotion is actually hiding another."

So basically someone never has one emotion but has more than one and I get to feel all in me...Interesting.

"They can attack someone in a personal and emotional way since they know exactly what emotion is flowing through themselves and can use this knowledge to play against them."

That won't be nice but then I thought of Patty and grinned big mouth stuttering Patty was cute and maybe I can say that's what this relate to even though I didn't do anything I did feel her insecurity.

"Some users may learn to read emotional imprints left into environment or objects."

Does this mean I can still feel the emotion of the person who last touched the object and imprint that emotion? Hmmm that seems diffucult, maybe I can ask someone else for help with this one. Even thought it seems like a rare ability even when I have empathy.

"Usually over time, an Empath's power grows to the point that they can manipulate emotions on others, and possibly use them to empower themselves."

I laughed softly not to scare people but I had to think when I tried it on Femke and had an upper fail but with training, it seems it may work awesome will keep training on Femke.

"The user may learn to extend their power over/on vast number of sentient beings or reach extreme distances, even other levels of existence but this may be possible only if the user has emotional link to those they search already in effect."

Maybe I can do train this if I think a long time about my family. I have to call them soon I really miss them already. 3 weeks in that damn room, I felt an uneasy feeling but put my mind back to the book.

"Variations- Empathy has many branches of power, ranging from very weak to very advanced. As the user becomes more advanced, these branches may grow. Here are some levels that other empaths have displayed having/may gain:"

I looked up just for a second to see crows in the window they intrigued me. There were soo many at the same place. Making me close the book and follow them.
Part 9// Crows
Wow! they really were intrigued to bad they were outside. I would have liked to inspect them closer. I held out my hand to touch one even thought I knew I could really be able to touch them.

"What are you doing," I shivered a bit at the none emotion state like the human behind the voice didn't feel anything.
"Uhm, bird watching I find this crows absolutely intrigued," I replied while looking in the guy's eyes.

"Why?" He said and looked away at me to the birds voice still void of emotion.

"Because they seem to follow something or someone, they are with so much," I replied and also looked back at the crows.

"They are following me," I looked back at the boy and saw an emotion flash by... surprise.

"I'm a crow's person," He pulled back one of his sleeves and I saw feathers.

"Can I touch your arm?" I asked walking closer to him.

"No!" He replied hostile and I stepped back.

I nodded.

"Sorry I didn't mean to offend you," I replied with a blush I really could be so tacless.

I heard the boy sign before he did something with his hand and a small crow appeared.

"Keep him alive for 2 weeks and I would let you touch my arm," I could hear the challenge in his voice.

"Really?" I asked touching the crow softly "Thank you," I replied after I almost forgot my manners.

The crow was beautiful but it had some negative emotions actually as same as I looked back at the guy him, it was like identical was the bird born out of him I turned to look at the birds in the window and what about them? He did say they followed him.

"Sure what are you going to call him?" he asked amused but I still felt other negative emotions.

"What's your name?" I asked him already thinking of naming my crow after him.

"Robert," He replied simply he was a guy of few words it seems.

"Little Robert or Bert," I told him stroking the crow softly.

"Hmmm," was his only replied and he kept looking at me for a long time.

"Ow you can call me, Aurora," I told him with a big smile.

"Sure Ro," He said amused.
Part 10// Practicing Element
I felt thrills go up and down my back and turned around the girl with white hair that I have seen 2 days ago in the dungeon was walking straight at me the problem? The closer she got the more I shivered. Till a little fairy pumped up on my shoulder she was shaking like crazy.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled to her but she just nodded and winked.

I called her Fea in my head and feel the thrills in me subtle become less and less. When the girl was finally before me I was still shivering but not as much as I think I was supposed to I saw Fea almost fell down my shoulder I thanked her once again.

"Hello," I spoke up when she was closer.

"Alina," was her reply and she was watching me as a hawk curiously.

"Aurora," I replied at her question still looking up at her.

"Nice to meet you," I told her when we had been quite for too long.

"Shouldn't you be afraid of me," She said finally asking what she wanted I supposed.

"Why should I? You seem nice,"  I replied at her making her mouth fall open.

"I'm the freak of this school, you know having the ability of fear," She told me with a raised bow and I felt her astonishment.

I frowned. Why was she a freak? Just because of her ability I looked at Fea and understood but it wasn't bothering me much as it should be I thanked Fea once again.

"Ah, I can control emotions because my element is Empathy and it so happened to be that I have created an illusion to keep the fear of showing of making me feel it," I told her honest seeing that she was just as honest to me.

"You're still shaking, thought," She replied and I heard her amusement.

"Not as much as it would have been," I replied back with a smile.

She gave me a small smile back and sat next to me, "What are you doing outside so early?"

"Fresh air and trying to work on my element," I replied because after I read the book yesterday I was fascinated and wanted to learn myself somethings.

"How is it going for you?" She asked me curiously.

"It could be better but is my first day at teaching myself so I think good and you?" I replied with a smile.

"Walking, when is quite when too many people are around my element comes out full force," I felt loneliness swept in me and pitied her.

"It must be lonely," I responded at her.

"I do not feel lonely what do you know anything about feeling lonely miss sweet pie," she had some anger in her emotion.

"Element empathy remember?" I told her simply.

"Doesn't mean you understand..." She stood up anger pouring out of her.

"Alina wait! I didn't mean it like that," I tried but she stepped away from me fast.

"No, Leave me alone," I was knocked out of balance and Fea disappeared from my shoulder making me gasp for air because all the fear came to me at once.

After I got back up, I walked to my room. I felt slightly better when walking in the room but was feeling slightly still shaking up.

"Hey Rory," Femke said with a big smile.

"Hey Fem," I replied shaking up.

"What happened to you," Femke asked worriedly.

"I met with Alina," I replied thinking of the girl I upset.

"You did what? stay away from her," Femke said firmly at the end.

"Why? She was nice till I said something to upset her," I replied feeling bad why did I say something like that.

"Yeah she may be but her Element is dangerous," I heard the fear in Femke's voice and frowned.

"You have a shield as an element," I replied not understanding the fear in her voice.

"Yes normally I would be fine but her element is that strong," I saw Femke shiver just thinking about Alina I supposed.

"But..." I tried to tell her I couldn't but she interrupted.

"No, but's don't meet with her again and be careful around her," Femke responded slightly out of her mind.

"Femke?" I tried once again but she just shook her head.

"I'm leaving," She replied putting her headphones on.

I nodded at her not so sure that I would follow her advice I still needed to say sorry to her after all and maybe we could be friends I should just bite down my fear.
Done

Last edited by NinaJones (26/01/2017 at 17:59)

#14 24/01/2017 at 02:18

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

Name: Scarlett Ley (Don't call me Scarl, please)
Outfit:
https://s24.postimg.org/bngei7nj9/yukibana_haruna_5.png

Interests: Derek and Jaerim
Story:
I've never been the best at making female friends so I guess it made sense that I wanted to approach Derek and Jaerim. Their friendliness reminded me of my own brothers.

The beginning of school was all right; the academics were easy, but my hair... Oh my goodness, my hair. My hair takes forever to wash, to comb, and to style... the most I could do right now was to tie it in a high ponytail so it wouldn't mop the floor.

Derek and Jaerim were both quite nice and charming except for when they were bragging too much; I was happy that they could show me around the school. However, I unfortunately had to say goodbye to Derek and go to herbs class with Jaerim... I guess, not really unfortunate, because I quite liked Jaerim.

The two of us talked a bit more while we walked to class. He was a ball of positive energy, just like I would be if I wasn't so stressed, so confused. I told him about my dream and how I wanted to go to Wharton. At the same time, I blurted an information-filled self introduction. I told him a lot; perhaps I was feeling lonely. He listened, like a good friend, and expressed his thoughts. I listened to his thoughts as well.

Then I felt the urge to ask what he wanted to do after he graduated, but unfortunately class started. When the teacher wasn't looking, I quickly wrote a note asking if we could hang out later... and sent it to him of course.

I hoped that I wasn't too straightforward or too selfish... there must be a lot of other students who wanted to hang out with this popular guy.

Last edited by Yukibana-Haruna (26/01/2017 at 20:38)

#15 24/01/2017 at 02:33

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Name:
Zodi Munroe
Element:
Fire
Outfit:
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32570.jpg
Interests:
Alina, Phillip and Scott
Story:
I feel like a frequently used mop...

Ever since the Expertus ceremony I've been running hot...really hot. And while the cold showers helped for the first day I'm pretty sure that short of moving my bed into the bathroom under a steady stream of cool water that there's nothing that's is going to help me sleep through the night, although that hasn't stopped me from taking three or four showers a day, a necessity which irritates me and only causes my body to run even hotter. The teachers say I'll learn to control it but I'm not sure how. If I can't even keep my own body temperature bearable how am I actually supposed to be able to wield this? How am I supposed to be able to talk to anyone?

I don't trust myself within three feet of Philip because while I'm not nearly as hot as the sun I worry about getting to close to anyone...even if they aren't human. I am however hoping that maybe Alina and I can sit alone...together, if that makes any sense...or that Scott, the one person with this power who seems to have it all the way under control would be open to a tutoring session.

As I entered the history room for the first time it turned out that my fears about being near Philip were unfounded. He's a teacher here and even if he wasn't he seems more focused on Alina than anyone else...

Speaking of Alina I'd hoped to get a chance to get to know her, but I'd also like to get through a class without feeling like I'm going to set the whole world ablaze, and whenever she's around unfortunately that's the only thing I can think of. And of course the more I think of it, the angrier I get that I can't control this power...and the hotter I become...

Unfortunately, while I've seen Scott in passing there's never been a moment that seemed to make sense for us to talk. I don't know him well enough to just walk over to him and say "Hey I'm Zodi and being a human torch sucks, how about teaching me to better control it, and by the way how do I get a pretty blue flame too." because a) that sounds desperate and b) even I wouldn't help me based on that opening line...

Things have to get better...don't they?

Last edited by Dare (25/01/2017 at 00:00)

#16 24/01/2017 at 11:11

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Holland Redgrave
Element Water
Interest Scott, Phill the Chill, Jae /totally in order

Outfit Link to external image

It's been a while since she woke up dry, which is something you're not supposed to do at the age of 16. Still, she's basically all wet - hair, face, bed, and lately - in like, a week - she's freezing too. So, instead of walking through this place with her head held high (despite heels being low), she kept her head behind a tissue.
You need time to adjust, they said, not that she paid attention after a point. It was Holland. She wanted it all. And now. Obviously.

She got dry, contemplating of cutting her hair short, at this time, before she got warmer and stepped into the hallway. Sneezing, again, all through the day. It wasn't bad - not really - the school. It had interesting people (so far), and element of water agreed with her, even if she'd rather say she's more the fire type. Some would assume too, but you never really know, or so they said.

They spoke a lot.

In any case, she is getting better in all things that have to do with the thing she does now, it makes zero sense to do so, but she's not inclined to be ungrateful about it. Well, to be honest, she was, but she wasn't yet.

She was aware she'll have to snap soon, when she was there, maybe having a room on her own was a good thing then? Only a handful of people were able to handle her shit and she should try to keep  her good reputation for as long as she can. Hopefully. Holland sets herself to find a decent place to sit and maybe catch up on her social media things, now, standing in the middle of the grass and deciding on how long she should try to stand still in the sun to try and get warmer. She's been told it won't get better, she's not going to get warmer and it was some kind of world ending to her - but in all honesty, it felt the same when she was told she can't have spicy foods for a week because she was very into fajitas at the time.

This could, in the end, seem like a slightly more valid thing to fuss over. You're cold, for the rest of your life. When people think about hugging they don't necessarily think of hugging a block of ice. Warm hugs is not really just an expression. She's stepping back towards the school this time, waiting a bit more to see if the sun catches on.
It doesn't.

“--And while the two of you are busy talking about, who is more of a charmer, you forget to realize that you’re standing outside in the cold, arguing simply because I’m here,” she hears stepping towards the stairs from behind the corner, “Guess who’s the real and, mind I say, effortless charmer here?”
“He’s got a point there, but with all due respect, this boy is on fire,” another voice, she chuckles too, deciding to stand back for a second, not disclosing on her position just yet. Who was that? She had no idea - she's terrible with names - and these people sounded fun, so maybe she should stop being?
“Don’t you study, Jay-jay? Blue flames are the hottest.”

Holland shows up, with a smile, not scaring the trio, but maybe surprising them a tiny bit (in her mind, if nothing else).

There's a moment of silence, before she smiles finally.
"So, aren't you curious to know who'd win?"

"No one asked you, so..."
"Come on, Jae, let her decide," the dark haired one, with the cigarette smiles her way. -"Scott," he takes a smoke, then extends his hand.
"Holland," she smirks, thinking he was - possibly - the cutest boy she'd seen there so far.
"Jaerim, Derek," he introduces both those guys, she smiles to both.
"So," Derek asks, "who takes the victory here?"
"I do," Holland smiles widely, shrugging as they scoffed. "Come on, I can totally make a boy trip over themselves if I just look at him, for a couple of seconds,"
"And here I was, thinking Scott is delusional," Jaerim smiles to Derek, letting out a sigh.
"Come on, we can let her try, at least!" Derek shrugs. "If you think you're up to the challenge,"
"I'm always up to a challenge," Holland smiles. -"First boy that walks out?"

"First boy that walks out," Scott smirks, looking quite amused by her participation, making her believe he would have won, if this was her deciding. She's trying to hide it, tho, but just in time there's steps heard on the other side of the door and soon enough they open. Holland, self-proclaimed charmer of boys turns a bit towards her group, then looks over her shoulder towards the unsuspecting victim, locking eyes with him, opens her lips a tiny bit like she'll smile, before--- well, he does a tiniest little trip, continuing the walk faster, staring back into his phone after it. Her tight lips turn to a tight smile, then a grin, then a small proud bow. Jaerim rolls his eyes, Derek chuckles shortly and Scott scoffs once again.

"Yeah, I would have done it so much better," Jae sighs first, going back inside, Derek following him.
"Right?"
"Totally!"
"Come on, be cool, admit the defeat," Scott walks inside too, following them, along with Holland.
"Thank you!" she says, joining them in a group.
"I meant me," he grins, handing her a little wink, making her roll her eyes, annoyed.

"Come on, you're not all that," she adds, following them towards the class rooms.
"Oh, I believe I am," chuckle, "you like it too, don't deny it,"
"As if," she sighs, entering the class room with them - there's three seats, so she ends up in the front row. Again, second time today, it's kinda bad already.

The teacher is kinda hot too, it's one of those memes you'd see online, with a hot teacher photo and some title like 'if this was my school, i'd never miss it' or something along those lines.

So, she's feeling it. History, class, lesson, even the lesson about Spanish Armada. He sat on her desk, making it impossible to write anything down, but luckily for her grades aesthetics were enough of an incentive to get her to pay attention to what he said. Especially while he smiled, all through the lesson on the Spanish king, Phillip II. It's accurate, and detailed at times, she's not sure why it's so funny tho.

He's into the story and very much so, it's getting weird. She tries to google the king, under the desk, because he could be pulling a prank on the unsuspecting them? Perhaps? The school is weird enough, maybe he is lecturing them on a man that doesn't even exist in Spanish history - not her strong side of the academic spectrum obviously - and she would have gotten away with it, but she looks up, watching him watch her for a second.

Holland mouths a small sorry, locking the phone and continues to stare into him throughout the rest of the lesson, before it's finally over, and he continues to smile to himself, as they exit.

She only remembered it once she was back in bed catching up with her TV show episodes, opened her phone and saw the search. It was a very messy portrait, and the hair was different, but he looked a lot like their professor. Holland steps out of the bed, trying to find a place where she wrote down his name.

It was a small gasp, or a bigger one, given she almost chokes on the popcorn, getting out of bed quickly to chug down some water. She's not sure if she's insane. This place is magical, yes, but maybe she's being a victim of an elaborated prank? In her mind both versions made sense. Firstly, she was inclined to believe he was an immortal creature; secondly she thought she was important enough to have pranks played on her. So, it all fits, in her mind. She's staying up, for hours, reading into the inquisition and Spain, King Phillip II, Armada, everything; before she realized it was way past 2, she was 28 tabs deep in Wikipedia, Google Academics and timelines. She was studying, which made it even more eerie than she could have imagined. Still, it made her conclude two things.

One, he was an immortal man, king Phillip II of Spain, the starter of the Inquisition & all kinds of shitty events.
Two, she'll have to put a sheet mask on, before bed, otherwise she'll wake up with dark circles tomorrow.

And Holland wasn't sure which one made her more freaked out.
xx
She believes it all in the morning, after she forgets about it for like, 10 minutes or so, doing her routine before a mirror. It's freaky, really, opening her laptop to find all the research there.

She has history later on, but her mind isn't budging from the topic of her own mental conversations so far. She storms out of her room, crashing into someone, almost falling down - he catches her, hands on her forearms, close to her - she just blinks, mutters something like thank you, and runs out.

(She figures, later on, it was Scott and a cute opportunity to hang out with him for a bit, so she will feel bad about it, later.)

History didn't come as fast as she'd like it too, but she's there, the class is over & she's trying desperately to say something that'll provoke a reaction. Unfortunately for both, Holland is not always subtle.
"Uhm, hi," nervously, you can see it from an airplane, "I hae an inquisition for you."

No reaction, he looks up normally, waiting for it. Only, she doesn't have more.

"Uhm, it's about," coughing, buying time, "about the iron maiden," no reaction from his side, she's getting suspicious, "I mean Iron Lady,"
"That part of British history comes later on," he looks kinda annoyed now. -"A lot later."
"Okay," she agrees - it does come later, in the end - and mumbles some kind of goodbye, rushing out the door like she was chased by the devil. Maybe she was. Further investigation happens, during the night, and by the time it's morning again she's decided to try and figure it out again, on her own, before alerting someone. For the first time in a while she was not preoccupied with herself the most and she could ace a history exam.

If nothing else Canticum thought her there's first time for everything. Even that.

/done

Last edited by Zaralee (27/01/2017 at 19:36)

#17 24/01/2017 at 17:15

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate

Element: Ground
Interests: Alina, Phillip, sister – Melinda
Story: For my dream to come true I have to work on it every day. Since receiving the uniform I have more or less noticed the most interesting people. Most fell off the list as I decided if they would be useful or not. I think I'll be running into Phillip a lot, since we both will prefer to stay out of the sun... Now that I think of it... he might even use me at some point, as I just as well can regenerate it... I wonder if I he already knows of my abilities, to which I hope he doesn't. At some point it might come in handy. I have been avoiding sunny spots like the plague. I don't know if any of the other students have any wind gifts, so I opt to stay on the safe side. However, cutting myself just to test out my abilities has been fun, though it sounds a bit grim. But how else will I find out what I'm capable of.
I'm quite worried for Melinda, I hope she makes some friends soon. And even though I myself am intrigued with Alina (her hair is gorgeous and her gift could be useful) I have banned Melinda from befriending her, or going close to her for that matter. She couldn't control her fears and with the studying I won't have time to run after an upset little mouse that she is. Though I'm quite sure I wouldn't have to run after her, when her safe space usually is behind me... The inseparable sisters, as they call us now, but I wish she would approach someone, learn from the things that are around her, she could be such a perfect young lady...
Brooklyn's brother is a hottie, but I'm quite terrified of his ability, I haven't yet tested it, but I think his heat could make my side effect even worse. I haven't looked at others much, because judging by their appearances or how they talk I have nothing to learn from them. I'm trying to be nice to most of them, you know – knew school, knew people, knew impressions, etc. But sometimes I just get too angry when people don't get something.
From studying I have understood that, while I can't heal others and I can heal myself, the best way to use my gift is by learning martial arts or learning a weapon. I haven't decided yet, but I have almost set my mind on it. Studying has been intriguing, but boring at the same time. It differs so much from the life I'm so used to at the village. I am not asked to and sometimes I just straight up can't test out the theoretical knowledge I'm given. I'm much more used to experiencing the things I'm trying to learn... I have to spend more time after school testing everything that is possible in practice, otherwise I could fall behind on the studies.
The school uniform is nice, much better than the clothes I could get at the village. I can't say I'm much impressed by the length of some girls have chosen for their skirt, but I guess that's their way of expressing themselves. They could have done many things to achieve that, I, for example, thought my hair looked a bit plain, so I added a hair piece in the colour of my element.
Outfit:
Link to external image

Last edited by Chockolate (24/01/2017 at 17:59)

#18 24/01/2017 at 23:34

Notso’Fashion
PookiePumpkin

(I spoke with Tonkolina about joining earlier, Sorry its late!)

Name: Oona Revalis

Flaw: Seems standoffish, Strange, Resting b**** face, Can come across arrogant, and Likes to bend rules to suit her needs.

Virtues: Loyal (almost to a fault), Creative, warm and generous to friends and Hard working

Dream: To fully understand her powers and push her abilities to their limits.

Fear: Failure to master her abilities and losing her mind.

Face claim: Link to external image

Number: 8

Story:

“Wake up, Dina,” she said “It’s your birthday!  You’re 7 years old.”
I cracked open an eyelid, my room was still dark, a small sliver of grey light fought its way through the gap in the heavy velvet curtains, illuminating Nanny Augusta. Her wizened hands stroked at my dark hair, brushing it off my face.
“I’m Oona, Nanny.” I grumbled, it was far too early.
“And it’s your birthday.”
“Yes Nanny.”
“Seven?” I was seven every year, I would always be seven to Nanny Augusta.
“Sixteen” I mumbled, pushing away my covers and sitting up. Nanny’s face lit up, she almost looked like the person she had once been, instead of the haggard 97 year old who stood before me. She had been a talented spirit witch once, a very long time ago, blessed with precognition and mediumship, but her mind had now gone, ‘touched by the Gods’ Great Aunt Phyllis had told me as a child, however I had come to realise that it was her side effect; the more she used her ability, the less mentally sound she would be.
“You have the mark, you’ll be off soon, off to school!” She clapped her hands together, almost like a small child before reaching out, to hold my face. “Just like your mother, her mother, myself, and my mother and grandmother before her!”
I breathed in her scent, realising this was possibly one of the last times I would see her, she was old, her mind and body were failing, and I was to be sent away to school in just a week, just as every female on my maternal line had before me, we were witches, it ran in our blood and there was no escaping it.  I rubbed at the birth mark on the inside of my left wrist, a faint silvery thing, the witches’ mark.
“What element will I manifest?” I asked, Nanny did have the gift of foresight after all.
“I can’t tell you child.” She held my hands in hers, I was careful not to hold her too tight, she was as fragile as a bird, and my nails were long and sharp, a perfect almond shape and painted a deep, blood red. “The spirits will not reveal your magic until the Expertus ceremony, which is the way it has been, and that is how it will always be.” She released my hands and straightened herself as best she could.
“Get dressed Dina, You’ll be wanted downstairs, and there will be cake.” She winked as she shuffled her way out of my room, leaving the room slightly ajar.
“My name is Oona.” I sighed as I stood to start my day.
My mother waited at the bottom of the staircase, her shocking Red hair pulled into a tight bun on the back of her head, giving her face a sharp quality.
“I do wish you wouldn’t wear that.” She grouched, referring to the red satin jacket I had pulled over my clothes which swept along the floor as I walked. “Just because you’re a witch doesn’t mean you have to dress the part!”
“You’re just jealous it looks better on me than it did on you.” I snipped back, smirking as my mother huffed.
“I wish you’d waited until you manifested an element and let me buy you one of the appropriate colour.” She tutted as she smoothed out the lapel.
“And if I manifested spirit do you really think I would wear yellow on a daily basis?”
She huffed, knowing she was beaten, it had been a daily battle on her part to try and get me to wear anything other than black, so when I appropriated her new red coat (red for her fire magic) from the wardrobe she hadn’t really put up much of a battle to get it back.
“I have a gift for you, birthday girl.” She smiled “It’s your favourite colour too.” She took my hand in hers, leading me into the sitting room, where a long dress bag lay over the back of one of the silver loveseats. “Its your Expertus dress darling.”
“Mum you shouldn’t have! This is too much!”
“Just don’t accidently set it on fire like I did at my ceremony.” She laughed, pulling me into a tight hug.

I smoothed the fabric of my black gown over my hips again, nerves were beginning to settle in, I had arrived at the school earlier, a big old building was as beautiful as it was intimidating, and now waiting to be called into the Expertus ceremony was making me feel like I needed to throw up. The gown my mother had bought was beautiful, and the plain black mask sitting heavily over my face finished it off perfectly.
The door to the side room I was waiting in opened and I was summoned, it was time. I took a deep breath and followed.

(More will come soon, along with entry 2! Just waiting to find out my element. Again sorry I’m late Tonkolina!)

Outfits:

Link to external image
Link to external image

Name: Oona Revalis
Element: fire
side effect: flame "coloured" iris and hair - basically your eyes and hair will constantly have a flame within, red, orange, blue, yellow, constantly changing as if a fire was burning in a fireplace. it won't be hot but it'll reflect your magic, when you see the flame diminishing, your energy gets low, too.
Outfit Link to external image
Interest: Alina, Phillip and Robert

My element was fire, unexpected, but not unwelcome. Mother was fire too, I guess I took after her in more than just looks.
Well, I don’t think I can say that anymore. Not with my side effects, it was going to take a long time to get used to my hair and eyes changing colour constantly, the colours of a flame constantly shifting through my once inky tresses…and my eyes were just creepy. When people say that someone has a fire in their eyes I doubt they meant it literally, which was true in my case. At least they didn’t burn, which was a small blessing. More than I could say for the girl a few rooms over who had woken me just before my alarm with a shout of “Scales?! I’m growing scales?!?!” That couldn’t have been comfortable.
I pushed myself out of bed ready to start the first day at school, I showered quickly and dressed, securing the pre-requisite red tie around my neck. Taking a long look at myself in the mirror on my dorm wall I sighed ‘well your hair and eyes are weird and super creepy’ I noted to myself ‘You’ve got a face like you smell something bad, and you’re wearing a prissy uniform, way to make good first impressions.’

Last edited by PookiePumpkin (26/01/2017 at 23:44)

#19 25/01/2017 at 20:47

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Name
Brooke Reynolds

Element
Air

Outfit:
https://s23.postimg.org/9cm3zx623/fashion_chic_207.png

Interests
Scott (he knows he's her brother but she has no idea) // Derek // Bruce

Story
Hoisting her hair up into a high pony tail the girl studied herself in the mirror. The only time she'd seen her reflection in the past four years was through the shattered mirror of their car's tiny mirror or through murky puddles she'd passed in the street. So to have a whole room for herself, let alone a fully functioning Brooke was in awe. After leaping onto the bed and spending moments stroking the soft, warm, sweet smelling blanket she charged into the shower. After an hour the stench of stale urine had been replaced with the scent of lavender and all mud had been scrubbed from her body.

With the bobble feeling too tight Brooke rips the bobble out, instead opting for her natural style. Though she's not sure why, her shoulders are suddenly weighed down with dread. She's learnt the hard way that society isn't kind and hopes that this school is the exception. Missing Ralph she knows she can't live with those around her hating her. Brooke tugs her skirt down, taking in a large breath. As the smell of breakfast fills her nostrils she picks up her bag and heads to the door, ready (well, as much as she'll ever be) for her first day.

Brooke had spent all of breakfast alone. It's not because people hadn't been interested in her; in fact quite the opposite had occurred. Several people had tried to make conversation with her, but she'd give short answers meaning they quickly grew bored of her. Apart from one boy. Although he was sat on the opposite side of the room he'd been staring at her for the majority of the time. Several times their eyes had locked and Brooke thought she'd seen recognition flicker in his eyes, although she was pretty certain she had no idea who he was. Needless to say he was always the first one to look away, with Brooke's cold eyes piercing him too uncomfortable.

As she stands before her locker studying her timetable, her stomach gives a loud growl. She was hungry and for the first time in a while she'd actually been presented with a choice of food, but she hadn't eaten. All her nerves had presented themselves as a stomach ache, gnawing away at her.

Brooke jumps as the bell rings, sending vibrations along the corridor. As much as she wants to stay there, she slams her locker shut, knowing she can't be late to her first ever lesson.

Although Brooke had arrived outside the class pretty much as soon as the bell rang, she'd been reluctant to go in. She knew this was a school of magic, but what if they tested on normal things too? Brooke had obviously fallen behind on a lot of school work, and she couldn't stand the idea of people bullying her.

But when a boy rushed into the classroom late, Brooke followed. His nerdy glasses were sliding down his face as he jogged into the room, but he'd still offered her a reassuring smile as he'd past, filling Brooke with hope.

It didn't last.

The lesson didn't get off to a great start. After introductions had been made the class was set the simple challenge of creating a gentle breeze. Everyone seemed to already know how to do it. With Brooke being the only new member the professor had pulled her to the side and offered her further explanations, but her head had been hurting so badly she'd barely been listening. And now she had no idea what was going on.

Brooke sank onto a stool at the back of the classroom in dismay. She'd been dragged from her 'home', forced to attend a school for the magic and now she was an outcast. Her peers had already sniggered at her for getting such a basic thing wrong.

"Are you okay?" Brooke looked up, surprised to find the boy with the nerdy glasses standing before her. Although she'd not noticed before his arm was in a neat sling. Lost for words, she shook her head.
The boy's tone softened. "It's Brooke, isn't it?"
She gave a slight nod.
"I'm Bruce." Brooke remained silent.
"It's okay, I couldn't perform a breeze first, but it's quite easy now. Do you want me to help?"
Knowing the boy wasn't going to give up Brooke climbs to her feet. "Go on then."

Bruce gives a very detailed explanation of what to do, but it still doesn't make much sense to Brooke. He quickly grows frustrated, knowing he isn't helping as much as he'd like to.

When the class is asked to return to their seats Brooke sits behind Bruce, the only person she could even think of considering a friend. As the teacher talks he begins drumming on the desk, drowning out the professor. It's not this that annoys Brooke though, it's that every time his fingers touch the desk pain shoots up to her head.
"Will you quit drumming!" she hisses. Bruce turns around and gives her a hard stare, but stops tapping the desk. A strong scent empowers Brooke's body but she's unable to tell what it is.

"Why are you stalking me?" Brooke says, turning around to face the boy. "And don't even try to deny it, I've seen you in the reflection of the lockers." Standing before her is the one who had been staring at her throughout breakfast. He'd also been down every corridor she'd turned, and even caught him watching through the windows of some of her lessons.
"I was just, curious."
"Why?"
"Cos you're new."
"Lot's of people are new." She turns and starts heading back to her room.
"Wait - what's your name?"
"Why do you want to know?"
"I told you, I'm curious."
She sighs, "Brooke." For the second time that day she thought recognition had flashed in his eyes, but she was still certain she'd remember such a creep. "And you are?"
"Scott. But you can call me Stalker Boy if you'd rather."
Brooke's face screws up and her pace quickens.
"Wait!" Scott calls, running after her. "Sorry, I have a habit of making inappropriate jokes. It's just my way of trying to be funny."
"Trying being the key word." 

Out of no where a wave of smoke hits Brooke and she staggers back. Wincing, she takes a breath.
"Are you alright?" he asks grabbing her arm.
"I'm fine..."
"You don't look it."
"I said I'm fine. Why are you even still here?"
"I've told you, I'm just --"
"Just curious, I get it." she Brooke snaps. She tries breathing through only her mouth but the smell of cigarettes is still getting to her.
"Is it me?"
"Is what you?"
"Is it me that's made you ill?"
"I said I'm fine!"
"Well, from the looks of it you're an Air with a very sensitive nose."
"What?"
Scott takes a few steps back. "Better?"
The smell decreases with every inch he retreats. Though not wanting to admit those strange boy is correct, Brooke does feel better. She gives a slight nod.
"Good."

"Ahhh, so you finally introduced yourself to your twin!" Another boy says, strutting over with a grin. He places his hands on Scott's shoulders. "Way to go!"
"Woahh, what do you mean twin?" Brooke asks, her defence mechanism kicking in.
"Well, yous look pretty similar."
"Derek..."
"What? Look at her nose and tell me it's not the same as yours."
Brooke automatically reaches for her nose and places a hand to cover it. "Don't look at my nose."
"Oh relax, I'm only messing. I think you'd know if you were twins!" Brooke gives him a hard stare, whilst Scott shifts uncomfortably.

"Are you coming to dinner Brooke?"
"No, I'm not going to dinner. And even if I was I wouldn't be going with you."
"Why not?"
"Why not? Why not? Because you've been stalking me all day and I still have absolutely no idea who you are!"
"I've told you, I'm Scott."
"Well to be honest, I don't care who you are." Brooke's voice rises as she speaks. As she turns for the final time to carry on walking she's completely unaware that the two boys are being pushed back against their will.

Brooke has finally mastered the ability to create not just a breeze, but a wind.

Later that night Brooke's sat on the floor, contemplating life. Her thoughts are interrupted when a note is pushed through her door. Crawling over to it, she opens it up.

Sorry,
- Stalker Boy

Shaking her head, Brooke can't help but give a small laugh.

[[Decided to shake things up and try and do something in third person for once. Don't know if it was too successful tbh]]

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (29/01/2017 at 17:54)

#20 26/01/2017 at 22:59

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

ROUND 3 CLOSES:29th of January, 22 GMT

Have you noticed something? Like a shadow gluing onto you or passing you by as if it were following someone, or something?
But unlike any other shadow, this shadow seems to have a will and life of its own.

It's almost like the tale of Peter Pan was true and his shadow ran away. But that's one whole different story, isn't it?

Well...
Who knows?

Just remember not to laugh when I tell you everything is possible.

Now let's cut to the chase. There have been strange sighting of some blurry shadow around the hallways. Weirldy enough, this is not the first time it had happened. The lack of information about it makes it just a scary rumour going around the school. And according to the rumour it never hurt anyone – just left them with a cold feeling of despair and expectancy of something horrible.

But well, if you chose to believe every rumour you heard about this haunted castle, you'd probably never even step a foot inside.

To add to the eerie atmosphere the school will hold a costumed party for you. Well, it is almost Halloween and you should celebrate your holiday, witches. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

However, you'll witness that the shadow is not just a myth or a cautionary tale when you have an encounter with it. The encounter is brief but it leaves you cold and breathless and terrified more than Alina would be able to terrify you in her best days. But since it happened in a hall full of people in costumes there is no more denial of it.

Or is there?

ROUND REQUIREMENTS

Name:
Element:
Interests:
up to 3
Outfit: Costumed party
Story: The encounter with the shadow, all other things are optional

PERSONAL TASKS AND IMPRESSIONS

Harle; Robert, Scott

Aurora; Alina, Robert, Bruce

Scarlett; Derek, Jaerim

Zodi; Alina, Phillip, Scott

Celina; Alina, Phillip, Melinda

Oona; Alina, Phillip, Robert

Holland; Scott, Phillip, Jaerim

Brooke; Scott, Derek, Bruce

If you do not use the characters, I won't have material to write for next impressions, so if you want someone, use them. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Bear with me just one day more :3

Here, making up for it, this is Phillip's pet. :3

Okay. I have noticed some of my impressions in the past round are missing. o.O And only now did I see in my google docs, that they haven't synchronised with my phone and it ended up this way. Everyone who was missing one last round, will get an extra one this round or something extra to make it up to you. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Tonkolina (31/01/2017 at 00:16)

#21 26/01/2017 at 23:09

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

https://s20.postimg.org/c01x08119/Aurora_banner.pngElement// Spirit-Empathy

Interest// Alina, Bruce and Robert

Outfits// Long day, Costume mother of Crows /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/lol.png
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32711.jpg//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32727.jpg

Story// It's an scary movie...or story.
Part 11// Long day
"Thank you, Todd," Aurora walked into the school vet room.

Greeting the only worker Todd who's a third year and self-proclaimed vet his element spirit-animal transformation can be quite handy for that matter I suppose.

"No problem, Aurora, he's as healthy as he can be," Todd held out Bert for me and smiled.

"Good to hear that, Bert Junior ready to go?" I took Bert over from him and the little guy stings me like usuallyknowI let out a whimper but other then that didn't respond.

"Doesn't that hurt," Todd asked.

"Yeah but is fine," I told him stroking Bert.

"You can hit his head to make him more obedient," Todd gave as advice and my head snapped up at him.

"No, like I said I'm fine," I told him defensively and took my leave.

10 minutes later I walk into my room and saw Femke dancing with headphones on. Bert was a little quieter and I kissed his head he looked up to me and I saw something else than hostility in his eyes. I smiled at him and he snapped his head to another side. I chuckled at that and Femke finally felt my presence because I felt her startled emotion.
I gave her a small smile but her eyes were on my hands.

"What is that," She asked immediately after pulling off her earphones.

"A crow he is called Bert," I told her proudly.

"Why is he here?" She asks me suspicious tough.

"I am taking care of him," I told her simply.

"And where is he staying?" she asks still highly suspicious.

"Here! With us two," I told her.

"No he can not bring him back," She snaps at me.

"No, I have a challenge set with Robert if I win he will let me feel his arm." I even nodded at the end pulled Bert closer to me.

"The human Bird that weirdo?" Femke asked confused.

"He's a human crow and not a weirdo," It was my turn to snap at her.

"How long do you need to take care of him," she was feeling hurt but I was mad at her Robert was nice and gentle not a weirdo at all.

"2 weeks," I told her and she frowned.

"How long are you already taking care of him? Was her next question she dreaded the answer already.

"4 days,  the first 2 days he was with me the whole time but had to take him to the vet to make sure he was healthy just went to pick him up," I gave her a glare waiting for her next words.

"Okay Rory I understand but he can not stay here," She was resolute in that answer so I agreed.

"Fine, I will search somewhere else he can stay," I snapped and walked out of the room mad. 
Part 12// Long day  II
(DUE TO RULES I WILL HAVE TO ERASE SOME PARTS, Patty said some mean things)

I turned around to see Patty and 2 of her other friends.

"Hey?" I asked unsure even thought I felt the hostility.

"Hey?" she mocked me and the other two laughed I rolled my eyes.

"What do you think your doing," she asked menace and walking closer to me.

"Enjoying the view," I replied and stroke Bert.

"As soon as I graduate I will go back to where I belong," I rolled my eyes and stepped back.

Her friends laughed at what I said making Patty's emotion go high with jealousy.

But I snapped,  how dare this girl.

"I didn't think a racist like you would come up with anything better than that," I spat out and stood up.

Her two friends were looking shocked at me now.

"Who do you think you are? talking to me like that." She looked surprised also.

"Someone a lot better than the racist you are," I told her matter of factly.

She gasped at me narrowing her eyes at Bert and I narrowed my eyes at her if she did anything stupid I will attack, out of nowhere I felt the ground start to shake I slipped and Bert flew out my hand making Patty catch him.

"Give him back," I told her holding out my hand.

"What are you going to do if I don't," She chuckled menacingly squeezing Bert.

"Patty, This is your last warning," I told her glaring while doing so.

"What are you going to do pouting? So that the cute American gets what she wants," I felt her uncertainty and shy emotions but didn't care no one touched Bert without my permission.

"No this," I focussed al scary things in me and unleashed it, it may be weaker than Alina's but it had somehow the same effect because she released Bert (who flew right at me) and cringed.

"You," she snapped and stood up 2 minutes later.

While I was stroking my baby, Patty closed her eyes and seemed to be chanting.

"And stop," We both got distracted by the voice.

It was Bruce and he walked to Patty.

"I filmed everything and I think is time for you to leave," I realised a sign I didn't know I was holding in.

When Patty stamped away following her two friends who had already run away when I released unpleasing memories Bruce walked up to me.

"You are late," Bruce told me matter-of-factly I ignored him.

"You didn't film anything did you?" I looked at him suspiciously.

"How did you know?" he asked rather surprised.

"Didn't feel your comforting presence," I told him with a grin.

"Awe alright but you need to get to work," He told me slightly blushing.

"Yes sir," I saluted him making him laugh,"

I was stocking pile of books back on the shelves and was tired. When I came to the library Bert had left my presence as soon as we arrived together with Bruce that little traitor. Making my way to the back of the library I stretched my shoulders, I was searching for them actually because had no clue where they were when I heard hard noises and followed it. Before I went around the corner I saw an animated Bruce go wild it seemed to a video game he reminded me of my brothers when they played I miss those times.

"Hey, Bruce! you okay?" I asked him not too sure he was.

"Whaaa! I tough you left," He was surprised and shocked.

"Not without Bert," I told him pointing at the Crow sleeping on the couch.

"He can stay here,  no problem,'' Bruce told me but I shook my head.

"No!  That's my responsibility but still, thank you," his head went to the left.

"Robert and I are friends, I know about the task," he chuckled at the end.

"Then you know why I won't let him stay with you," I replied him simple.

"But Robert won't mind," he tried again.

"No, maybe not but I would, He gave this task and I will do it just like I told you I would do your books, " I replied and walked to Bert slowly.

"You sure?" he asked once again.

"Yes,  thank you tough," I gave him a small smile."

He raised both his shoulder and nodded before going back to his game before I left tough he called me back.

"Do you wanna play a game?" He asked eyes still fixated on display, though.

"Sure," I told him sitting next to him with Bert still sleeping on my lap.

1 turned into a lot more with Bruce winning a lot at the start but as soon as I got the hang of it, he began losing scolding not only the game but me also I had to laugh at this side of Bruce it was wild but adorable too I guess.

"It's getting late," I looked out the big window and knew he was right.

"Then I'm taking my leave," I told him grabbing my bag and Bert.

"See you soon, Aurora," Bruce had a big grin probably happy to have a playmate.
"See you soon too,  Bruce," I told him before leaving.

I walked back to the room already knowing that I would be convincing Femke to let Bert stay with that in mind I pushed open our bedroom door.

"You still got that bird?"

"Crow," I mumbled but she was ranting at me not hearing me.

"Please, let him stay," I interrupted her with a pout.

Femke Finally stopped and looked at Bert.

"Don't let him pick out my eyes and he can stay." She said with a sign.

"Thank you,  thank you!" I squeezed the air out of her with a tight hug.

Femke pushed out a let go before I released her making shake her head and walk to her bed I saw a small smile.

"Did you heard that Bert? You can stay," His reply was a simple pick making me roll my eyes nothing new it seems except a redder spot on my hand.
Part 13// Heavy mood
I was playing with Bert finally he had open up to me the last weeks and even his mood was lighter he still picked me once and again but not every day.

"Hey Ro," I smiled at that nickname and turned my head.

"Your two crows didn't do a good job so your coming to check on me yourself?" I teased.

"Nooo that's not it," he had the dignity to cough and look away I chuckled and he sat next to me.

"When did you find out?" I could feel his awkwardness but ignored it.

"I felt your gloomy emotion but you were never around. Tough you were stalking me till when Patty attacked me, they showed themselves briefly and since they wanted to protect me I let it slide," I told him honestly.

"I'm sorry," his voice and emotion didn't only sound honest but also shamed.

"It's okay I would have done the same," to relax him a bit I put Bert in his lap slowly.

"I doubt that," was his respond stroking Bert in the process.

"What are their names," I asked looking up at the crows circling us.

"Which ones," He asked not looking up like me his attention fully on Bert must have hurt to be away from him but I kept my mouth wisely shut.

"The two that guarded me," I replied instead.

"Plum and Jace," He responded.

"Cute names," I replied because his emotions turned negative/dark once again.

"Best friends names had some back home," I nodded simply at him even when feeling the pain.

We were both quite after that l watching the crows and he stroking Bert junior.

"Do you want to touch my arm," He asked me after the silent got too long not that I minded.

"But 2 weeks aren't over yet," I was surprised.

"So you don't want to anymore?" He sounded hurt.

"Yes of course I do," I told him honestly.

"Then stop complaining," he pulled his sleeve up.

And while he was stroking Bert I touched his arm first softly curious but then a little bolder even stroking his soft feathers they had the same feeling as Bert's we could have sat like this for minutes or even hours and we would have sit there even more with a pack of crows above our heads but we got interrupted.

"Aren't you two cosy," we both turned around at the voice.

It was a blond she looked like the bad girl type with her entire attire yet her emotions were pleasant to me so I gave her a smile and then frowned at Robert when he jumped up and away from me. I kinda felt hurt did he liked the girl. Looking in my hand I gasped when I saw that when Robert pulled away he pulled so hard it left feathers in my hand and his skin with a nasty bloody spot.

I rummaged in my bag totally forgetting the girl at the moment.

"Robert, come here!" I told him but he stepped away from me again.

"Why?" I felt hurt but didn't let it show.

I ignored him and put a band-aid on his wound and nodded.

"Much better," I spoke up making the girl chuckle.

"Awe isn't she the perfect girlfriend for you," the girl teased and I blushed.

"Uhmmm..." I asked confused and saw Robert shake his head annoyed.

"Harle," it sounded not only uncomfortable but also awkward yet his emotion was an embarrassment.

I looked at an embarrassed Robert and a teasing Harle was her name I guess such a beautiful name.

"Harle this is Aurora a friend," he put the emphasis on friends.

So I nodded, just friends it seemed. It made me upset but why?

"Ro this, is, my sister Harle," He finished looking at me I smiled then it hit.

"Sister?" I saw the little resembles and smiled.

"Hello," I replied to her holding out my hand.

"Hello to you too," she smiled back and ignored my hand to hug me.

"She's the cute one, didn't know that those where your type Brother, " She teased once again.

"Harle! Stop it," Robert said embarrassed.

"Maybe I will,  maybe I won't," I heard her and chuckled amused making them both look at me.

"I got some siblings too," I clarified knowing how it went down at my home too.

"So you don't find us annoying?" Robert asks once again surprised at me I think.

"Nope," I replied to Robert with a grin and Harle winked at me.

We kept talking or more like Harle teasing her Brother with stories when they were little kids while, Robert, trying to get her to shut up and me laughing chuckling or even snorting after a while Harle stood up.

"I am going to leave you too then," I nodded at her while Robert grumbled something I didn't quite get.

"Yeah, Yeah,  Love you too" Harle yelled while walking away.

"Sorry about her," Robert told me when his sister was gone.

"Why I think she's sweet," I told him simply looking at him stroking Bert Junior again.

"Really?" he asked not believing me.

"Sure,  I don't Judge people without knowing them, " I nodded and stood up.

"Where you going," Robert asks me confused.

"Back to my room is kinda late bye, Robert, Bert," I told them and start walking away.

"You can't leave him," Robert grabbed my arm to stop me.

Shocking me in the process.

"But he's part of you," I told him confused I already had touched his arm after all.

"And you," He replied making me more confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked him looking up where he pointed.

"Most of them were born the size you see or even a little smaller but never as small as Robert junior I made him with you in mind," he pushed one of my hair tufts behind my ear.

"He's as much me as he's you when I touch him I feel your warmth," I was hypnotised with his eyes and gulped after a while before taking Bert from his hand.

"Thank you, Robert,"I kissed his cheek before nodding at him and speed walk away leaving shocked Robert behind but his speech touch me maybe I am a little more important than a friend I could only hope because he was, more than a friend to me.

I looked up to see the two crows but they didn't feel like normal all negative I wondered why?
Part 14// Boo
Two days left and still no idea for a costume, I sucked at did and Bert was with Robert, I was surprised to see them not only circling around Robert but me too when I left Bert with Robert when I asked he told me they protected not only him but me too yet he didn't go into it too much.
I sighed where was Alina haven't seen her in weeks and it bothered me.
I really wanted to apologise to her too. That's when I heard, a bloody scream and it made me shiver but I still followed the voice.

"Alina?" I screamed when I saw her curled up into herself.

"Go away, he's too strong," she told me trying to push me away.

It was then that I felt a strong present and it made my bones chill.
I was, shivering from fear badly I was, also recalling bad memories.

"Fea, please help me!" I bid and focussed on her image and she popped up.

"Who is Fea?" Alina asks.

"One of my illusions," I replied honestly.

"Fea, help please" she looked around and start shivering.

"Can't strong," I was shocked she sounded like my mum.

''Please Fea try," I tried again.

"Focus," was the respond.

"On what?" I asked scared of the emotion I was feeling so eager to make it stop.

"Happy things," That's exactly what I did.

One memory of me and Robert sitting and me stroking his arm kept flashing back and Fea stopped trembling and so did the ice cold presence. Fea winked at me and, I gasped she wasn't yellow anymore but blue and the size of a baby.

"Hey!  It's gone nothing to be afraid of anymore," I told a shivering Alina softly.

"I don't fear the ghost," she told me her voice was laced with annoyance yet her emotion still proclaimed fear.

"Then what are you afraid of?" I asked confused.

"You!" she yelled pushing me away.

"Me??? Why?" I was flabbergasted.

"Because you don't fear me," she snapped once again.

"You want me to be scared of you?" I think this girl got some major issue she feels lonely yet still wants to keep people away.

"Yes and stay away from me." she sprouts out angry.

"You want me to leave you alone?  You sure?" I asked her again to make sure I heard correct.

"Yes!" she snapped.

"Okay,  I will leave you alone and only wanted to apologise because didn't mean to hurt your feelings,"

It kept quite so I continued.

"I want to say one more thing...never thought you would be a coward," I told her standing up crossing my arm.

"I'm no coward," she snapped which she kinda did a lot.

"Your acting like one…What are you really afraid of?" I asked last part softly.

"That you will leave," She said vulnerable I felt it so clear.

"Then take the leap and jump into the lake because I won't leave," She frowned at those words.

"I will think about it," she told me after a while.

I nodded "Is okay I have time Alina just talk with me once and again I would love that,"

She gave me a weird look but nodded.

"Thank you," I replied and left her with her toughs.
Part 15// Costume Party
I walked into the ballroom nervous about my costume, I went with a crow outfit and Bert was part of it. He grew so big I love to see him healthy and happy like this.  He was sitting on my shoulder at the moment but I just hoped he continued to behave this sweetly.

Femke was still in our room getting ready. She was going to be, Mary Stuart-Queen of Scots, I wondered how it would suit her.

I saw some classmates and friends and greeted everyone. Before taking my place a little closer to the stage than I planned to do.

"Hey," I turned around to see Femke a brown wig on her head.

"You look good," I admired her outfit.

"So do you," she said commenting on my crow costume.

"Thank you," I smiled at her.

We quite down when the headmaster walked on the stage. He held a short speech then concluded that we should start the party.

When the headmaster left the podium some student started a karaoke night. I laughed at some and at others clapped they were good.

"Your turn," Femke said pushing me to the stage.

"What no..." I shook my head at that.

"Come on, Rory,  your good I can hear you every day in the shower," I blushed at that and let her push me to the stage.

"Hello my name is Aurora and will be singing Ed Sheeran- thinking out loud hope you enjoy," I waited for the beat to start and opened my mouth.

"When your legs don't work like they used to before," I started slow hoping to hit the note.

"And I can't sweep you off of your feet," I was getting into it.

"Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love...Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks," I continued.

"And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70, And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23," I sang with conviction.

"And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways," Okay a face popped in my mind at this sentence.

"Maybe just the touch of a hand, me I fall in love with you every single day... And I just wanna tell you I am," Closing my eyes I kept thinking of him.

"So honey now, ah ah," I sang still with eyes closed.

"Take me into your loving arms," I felt Bert hugging his head to me neck it tickled.

"Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars, oh darling, Place your head on my beating heart," I was still singing with conviction.

"I'm thinking out loud, That maybe we found love right where we are," The eyes of Robert popped up in my mind.

"When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades...And the crowds don't remember my name...When my hands don't play the strings the same way, I know you will still love me the same, So baby now," I kept singing

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen, ah ah,
and baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory...I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways maybe it's all part of a plan, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes hoping that you'll understand, baby now," I was almost done but I didn't even want to finish I realised happy memories and tried to apply it to the audience.

"Take me into your loving arms," I smiled when I felt the easiness and happiness of the crowd.

"Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars, Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart...I'm thinking out loud, That maybe we found love right where we are, we found love right where we are, we found love right where we are," I finished.

I let a breath escape when I was done, and toke all the applause and we want more in stride.

"Nice Ro," I turned to see Robert smiling at me.

"Where is your negativity today?" I asked amused not feeling any at all.

"Left it at home today," He replied and stroke Bert who then flew to his shoulder. I rolled my eyes at Bert traitor.

"Want to dance," He looking away unsure at the end.

"Sure," I took the hand he hold out.

We were slow dancing when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Patty?" I was confused.

"I wanted to apologise for last it was uncalled for," she was honest enough.

"Is okay I guess but never touch Bert again," I represent her.
She gulped and nodded.

"Yes sure," With that, she walked off.

"That was sexy,  do you do that, for everyone you care for?" His voice had gone slightly husky.

"Yes, I do," blushing at being called sexy by him.

"Still want to dance?" He asked unsurely.

"Yes," I replied circle my arm around his neck.
Done

Last edited by NinaJones (29/01/2017 at 22:42)

#22 27/01/2017 at 00:36

Totally’Fashion
Harle

Interests: Scott and Robert
Story:

The first weekend came and I already got more than one detention left to attend. Skipping classes, not applying to the school rules, I begin to wonder if this is the place for me or I made a big mistake? It’s not enough that I have to bear with terrible pain every morning I take a shower, but I have to wear a label of someone who’s place is at detention. Yes, me and my brother were always mischievous and rebellious, but I thought that would change once we are among people who shared the “pain” of being different. I shrugged it off as I always did, at the end I didn’t care what people think, nor do I care now. I took my phone and texted Robert to see what he was up to. My phone buzzed in less than ten seconds and I was amazed how quick to respond he was. While we were back home, it was a rat race who would wake up later, it was odd for him to be awake at this time of day. I told him I would come as soon as I take a shower, hoping that this time it would take a little less time for scales to get back to skin, since I still didn’t manage to learn how to fully control my abilities.

The hall was oddly silent. I expected to at least to hear small talks, girls chit chatting about costume party, but I heard nothing but silence. Frightening silence… My footsteps were the only thing echoing around me and in one brief second I could have sworn someone touched my shoulder. Quick to turn around I noticed something that I couldn’t name, was it a shadow or was someone playing with their newly adopted power? While I was looking down the hallway I felt like someone is playing with my hair “Stop it!” I yelled at the top of my lungs, but there was no response. Either I’m losing my mind or someone is playing a nice trick on me, because this isn’t the first time I felt like this. I remember, the day I came here, I saw something standing right next to my bed. Thinking it was a sleep paralysis I often experienced as a child I didn’t pay much attention to it, but this time it was different. I decided that this “thing”, whatever it was, can’t take the better of me so I tried to forget about it as I was walking to the library to meet Robert, but it wasn’t over there. Passing next to group of people I could overhear they are talking about the “thing”, they were calling it “the shadow”, and every single one of them admitted that they felt very uneasy when they saw it or/and felt it. Could this be another rumor spreading or is it something more to it? I decided to leave it be.

I found Robert at the sitting at the same table but this time he wasn’t reading about crows, but I couldn’t quite figure out what was he researching this time. His face was different also, he wasn’t nervous or withdrawn like few days ago. I pulled up a chair next to him and smiled when I grasped what he was reading about. Before I could say anything he looked at my arms and chest. “So it is a genetic thing.” He chuckled which made me happy. I noticed he was down these days, but now I saw the same old spark in his eyes. “I wonder what mom and dad grow when they use their powers, how come we never noticed that?” he smiled trying to reassure me that it will be better one day, and that we will learn how to control our powers and not let them control us. “You know, I don’t care what people call me, I don’t care about what they think. You shouldn’t either.”
    “Well no one actually noticed my scales. Yet.”
    “So what if they do? Make them look cool. Have you seen that girl with fiery hair and eyes? I bet she didn’t like it at first either, but look how she carries it now. Look, I’ll do my best to help you out coping with those side effect of yours, I even took some time to find books about it.”
He smiled, opening the book, and only then I realized what he was reading. There were at least 6 books on his desk, not even one about his powers or side effects of them, it was all about water elements, sea creatures and how to deal with those side effects. “I have set my mind on reading about your gift a little.” We both had a wide smile on our faces once he said “gift”. It’s not a curse, it’s a gift, we just had to embrace it in other way.
    “Hey, I was wondering, since I don’t have a driver’s license, would you mind starting an engine to go to nearby tattoo parlor? I swear we won’t get in trouble. If they say something, just blame it on me. I already have some detentions left to do, one more wouldn’t make a difference.”
    “You forgot it would be unnecessarily to do a tattoo now? You will mess it up once you get under the shower, or in the rain, or anywhere near the water.”
    “Do you have to ruin everything?”
?” I asked knowing damn well he is telling the truth. I, first, have to find a way to grow scales when I want, and then play with my skin more than I am now. “Ok, I will leave you with your books, I have to clear my head, air is heavy inside this castle, it’s like something is over us.”
    “Have you heard about “the shadow”?”
    “Heard? I could swear I saw it…”

He decided he should leave the library, he seemed like he is in a hurry but I didn't ask where is he going or which his plans are, the boy have a life on his own, and I have mine. Reading about ancient mythologies witches believed in I started to wonder whether or not will I find something about the thing I felt. After some time I gave up and decided to go out, the heavy air and an hour starring at the letters made me quite dizzy. In the small park outside the castle I saw Robert sitting with some girl. She was stroking his feathers and I felt glad he found someone to open up to. But a sister wouldn't be a sister if she didn't make his brother embarrassed.
    “Aren’t you two cosy?” I said which made them turn around, I saw that Robert is already uncomfortable, but I wanted to know who this girl was. He never hid anything from me, but his reaction of jumping away from the girl made me wonder what has changed. Pulling away from the girl he managed to rip some of his feathers off, and the girl was shocked.
    “Robert, come here!” she yelled when she finally found what she was looking for in her bag, but Robert, once again, stepped away from her
    “Why?” she ignored his question and put a band-aid on the wound he inflicted on himself
    “Much better” she said and I chuckled. Someone is taking care of him, and it was a nice thing to see
    “Awe, isn’t she the perfect girlfriend for you?” the girl was confused and she just mumbled. Robert, on the other hand, shaking his head, only said “Harle…” which sounded not only uncomfortable but also awkward. The girl was still silent and apparently still confused “Harle, this is Aurora, a friend.” She seemed a bit upset at the tone of his words, and choosing of his words. Was she just a friend? I don’t know. “Ro, this is my sister, Harle”
    “Sister?” she smiled from ear to ear when it hit her that I’m not her competition “Hello” she said holding out her hand, but I decided hug was a much better approach since who’s close to Robert is close to me and vice versa.
    “Hello to you too. She’s the cute one Robert, didn’t know that those were your type, brother.” I smiled while teasing him. I knew how to push his buttons damn well
    “Harle! Stop it.”
    “Maybe I will, maybe I won’t, who knows.” Aurora chuckled which switched Robert’s and mine attention to her
    “I got some siblings too”
        “So you don’t find us annoying?”
Robert asked and the girl was surprised
        “Nope” she grinned and I winked at her. Aurora was caring and gentle toward my brother, and I wanted to break the ice of introducing her to me, so we spoke a while. We talked about how rebellious Robert was when he was a kid, but hell, so was I. He tried to stop me from saying some embarrassing stuff from our past, but Aurora seemed to enjoy the conversation, she laughed and even snorted from time to time. I decided it is time to leave so I stood up “I’m going to leave you two then” Aurora nodded and Robert said something I think neither of us understood. “Yeah, yeah, I love you too" I yelled while walking away.

Passing through narrow paths trying to find that unused basketball court I stumbled upon that “fiery girl” Robert mentioned. I couldn’t have noticed she is looking at me strange. Is it because of my outfit? Is something wrong with me? “Are my scales visible??” and before I got time to react, I realized I said the last part out loud.
    “So it’s you.” She smiled and her eyes changed color
    “Ummm, excuse me?” I blushed not knowing what she was talking about
    “I was just wondering who woke me up the other day yelling about scales. I would lie if I said I haven’t felt tremendous relief that some people had it worse than me. I mean look at this.” As she said the last part her hair started changing colors and the closest with what I could compare it to is a burning fireplace, it truly was amazing. Even though I felt odd about my abilities, I spoke to her briefly about why was I yelling that morning, and we parted ways.    After a walk that seemed to last an hour ago, I finally found the way to the field, difference is, this time it wasn’t empty. Same guy that gave me advice was sitting on the old, stone stands. Unlit cigarette was sitting at the corner of his mouth as he was in some deep thoughts, he snapped his fingers and a blue flame flickered. He enjoyed his cigarette as it was his lover of some sort, and I remembered the first time I tried to smoke. I still have mixed feelings about that, I felt my lungs failing and coughing for a straight minute, but it was somehow relaxing, so I understood his need to light up one from time to time. I saw him chuckling once he noticed me, and I began to wonder what did I do wrong this time. I saw my teacher from class I skipped the first day. An older gentleman and few other teachers were accompanying him as he raised his finger, motioned it to warn me I should go to class next time. While they were passing, the guy with the smirk hid his cigarette, smiling at them. Once they went away, he was again alone with his addiction. It was awkward standing here, across him, while we both know we aren’t alone.   
    “I wanted to break the ice with “Skipping class again?” but then I realized it’s weekend, so I would just look stupid if I said that.”
    “I’d probably choose another place if I was ever to skip class again. I just like this place. I’m Harle by the way.”   
    “I’m Scott, but I think I’ve heard of your name before. What I want to know more is your element, I didn’t quite catch that the last time we saw each other.”
    “I didn’t even tell you back then, nice try to getting me to tell you my element.”
I smiled and decided to remain a bit mysterious
    “Can I make you an offer you can’t refuse?”
    “Sure, Marlon Brando, please make me an offer I can’t refuse.”
he probably thought I wouldn’t quite catch the reference, but little did he know my mother was obsessed with “The Godfather” so I kinda knew the movie to my mind
    “Say, we have a game of basketball, one on one, and if I win, you will tell me all about your element, even the side effect, and if you win, you choose the deal.”
    “I may look like I can’t play, but don’t let the looks fool you, but it would be unfair for me to play in a skirt, right?”
    “I’ll let you change if that’s the only problem, or are you just scared?” 
    “Give me ten minutes!”

I went to get my training shoes some old pants I wouldn’t mind tainting, and I went back to the field. The game was toned and rough. Scott didn’t care that he was playing against a female, he gave it all, and so did I. After an hour and a half we were so tired, my jeans were completely torn and useless and he got few scratches. Some were from falling and some were from my long nails. It ended as a tie, since we both lost our breaths.
Link to external image

“You didn’t say what’s the stake if the game ends a tie Scott, what will we do now?”
    Trying to catch his breath he mumbled “I really didn’t think a girl could play that well, I say we should go for one more point, and see who will win.” Before I could react he snatched the ball from my hands and scored a point. “I didn’t say you must get it through fair play. Now, how about you tell me all about your abilities.”
    Even though he didn’t win the game fair, he did win it, and at the end, I really needed someone to talk to about all this weird stuff I still can’t handle, so I told him all about my power and side effects. Before we knew it, the dark fell and we realized we have something to attend – a costume party. We said goodbye and decided to repeat this, but next time – fair play! Due to lack of time I had, for the costume party I decided to play a bit with our birthmark, something with phoenix in costume would go well to make an appearance since I failed to do that with the school uniform and formal clothes for introduction.

The ballroom was full of people, they were all laughing, chatting, having a good time, but the vibe was strange. Like someone else is present, or should I say something else. Across the hall I saw Robert with worried face, which assured me I’m not the only one feeling this. Glancing through the crowd I could see something moving. It was fast, black and smokey. I wasn’t sure if school decided to make some weird light effects to add to the creepiness of the castle, or I am just going over the top trying to see something that isn’t there. As the shadow became more visible I saw terrified looks on other’s faces. That’s it, I’m not insane, and no one of the witches is playing tricks, because everyone looked worried and uneasy. The shadow disappeared quickly, just as it came around, and everyone was left speechless. Did this really happen or is this just product of my imagination?

Link to external image

Last edited by Harle (29/01/2017 at 16:50)

#23 27/01/2017 at 00:40

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

Name: Scarlett
Interests: Derek, Jaerim
Outfit: Empress of the Sea

https://s29.postimg.org/72hhzfm87/yukibana_haruna.png

Story:
Part I: Training
"Thanks for inviting me," I said, following Derek and Jaerim. The boys grinned.

I watched them train, a sketchbook opened on my thighs and a pencil in hand. I jumped a bit when Lady Gaga came on and rocks began to dance. Jaerim's face was red and he was undoubtedly sweating. I paused the sketching and enjoyed the dancing rocks.

"Well? How was it?" Jaerim asked when the song ended.

"You two certainly enjoy... abusing... your powers?" I laughed. To tell the truth, it was actually quite funny.

"It certainly is nice that you are entertained." Derek grinned. Again, there was a reason why I preferred hanging out with boys. No drama, no one talked about make-up, no one talked about fashion. It was more relaxing.

"Hey so what's up with your hair?" Derek asked.

"I'm not sure yet... But it feels like another part of my body, like, the 'kagune' ghouls from Tokyo Ghoul possess? I've personally never been interested in that but my older brothers talk about them a little too much..." I remarked.

"Ah... what can your hair do?" Jaerim asked.

"It just feels quite heavy," I answered, lifting the strands up.

"At least you can style it to your desire." Jaerim and Derek looked at each other and agreed upon the statement.

"If there's enough time. I doubt I can even braid it properly. Even Rapunzel needs help from others when tying her hair." I said.

Part II: The Ball
I grew up attending soirees, but a costume party was definitely something new to me. Plus, I had to style myself this time: I didn't bring my maids to this school.

I resorted to dressing up as a female Poseidon, dragging my metal triton across the floor. I made no effort in doing make-up because, well, I sucked at it.

"Ah... Poseidon... reasonable." Jaerim and Derek remarked when I walked passed them. It was true what they said: I got the idea from my element.

I walked to the side to the room and grabbed a few snacks and a glass of fruit punch. Dancing was never my forte, so I intended to stand and observe. Plus, I liked eating, so I wasn't missing out on anything.

Then all of a sudden, my attention was drawn to a flash of darkness at the corner of a wall. True, I grew up running in the woods with my brothers, but a shadow moving that quickly? No way. I felt obliged to take a look but my legs were trembling and it was as if all my limbs softened -weakened. Fine, I admit that I was scared to go and take a look.

Last edited by Yukibana-Haruna (29/01/2017 at 19:50)

#24 27/01/2017 at 07:45

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate

Element: Ground
Interests: Phillip, Melinda, Alina
Story: The stories about the shadow lurking about has had my imagination running wild, I had considered it my virtue but now my imagination makes me see all the different ways the shadow could hurt me or torture me... Even though I have been able to control myself more thanks to the many attempts to befriend and stay friends with Alina, just the idea of something unknown getting to me, makes my skin crawl and even crack in some places... But who does this shadow think it is? We are all witches with so many gifts the Gods are overshadowed... It makes me mad that something unrecognizable could be a threat to any of the people around me.
I decided to dress as a white witch for the party. The folktales I'd been reading had me dreaming of this being, it made me change my opinion of how a queen should be. You could be a powerful leader, but still care and show love to your people. I felt inspired by that and thought this was the perfect opportunity to try a look. And besides I would probably stand out in all white and golden to the usual dark style everyone loved having. I wanted people to remember me. I went to the party hoping the bright colours won't be the reason no-one invites me to a dance or two. I laughed about my silly worries and made my  way to the party.
I knew the moment the shadow had stepped in the passageway. The air as if stilled, the hairs on the back of my neck rose. I felt my knees trembling to the bone. But I had just about enough, I was Celina and I would not be tormented by a shadow.
I turned towards it only to see it fading into the shadows. I went after it, and for once since coming here I wished for some sun to light the passageway. In the distance there was nothing but darkness. Inhuman darkness, it felt out of this world, it felt like it did not belong here. Sounds of wing flapping appeared around me, the sound reminded huge bats, but there was nothing I could see moving. There was only the sound. It was terrifying, it made my blood go cold.
The only thing that I could come up with in the midst of the scariest day of my life was to scream. At first nothing came out of my mouth. Then a dry breath. Then I let my aggressiveness loose: "IF YOU WISH TO HURT ANY OF US OR SCARE US YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE CHALLENGING! LEAVE THIS PLACE. IT IS OUR HOME NOT YOURS. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME!"
For moments all the sounds stopped, the darkness stilled. Then the room as if shifted and the complete darkness disappeared, the sounds were gone like I had only imagined them.
I stood still until I was sure nothing would come back. And when I turned to make my way to the party I froze as a group of people were watching me, including Phillip. All this time here all I had done was drool over him, but I was playing too hard to get (and I had no idea if he even wanted to get me). I smiled timidly and hurried them to the party: "You'll miss all the fun by standing here!"
When everyone turned to make their way I thought I saw Phillip wink, but I think it was just my imagination. Again. Maybe this whole thing was hallucinating to me.
Suddenly, something or someone ran into me, and I was about to die from fear, but then I heard the lovely giggles I had come to hear more and more lately. Melinda had "attacked" me from behind. She was now becoming friendlier, her timid nature stepping back. I could not not look at her with love and adoration that sometimes reminded me of the way our parents had taken care of us. We were the only thing we had for now. But the possibilities were endless now. For her. For me. For every witch we came to know.

Outfit: White witch
Link to external image

Last edited by Chockolate (27/01/2017 at 17:12)

#25 27/01/2017 at 17:51

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Holland
Interests: Scott, Phillip, Jaerim(?)
Outfit: (go back to the last mask she wore, laugh with me)
Story: tba!

Last edited by Zaralee (27/01/2017 at 19:41)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2