Notso’Fashion
PookiePumpkin

Name:[.b] Oona Revalis
Element: Fire
Interests Alina, Phillip and Robert

Outfit: Costume Party
Link to external image
Story

I was slowly coming around to accepting my side effects, it messed with the gothic aesthetic I had built for myself over the last few years and granted I would never be able to go out in public without a wig and dark glasses again, but at least here at school I could proudly let my freak flag fly. None of us were exactly normal here, my side effects were just a little more visible than most. Getting the hang of my elemental magic was coming a lot easier now, I had even begun adapting established spells to suit my own needs (hair drying was a doddle, all I had to do now was run my hands through my locks and boom, dry and styled.)

School life was a little more difficult to get used to, a new environment, everyone struggling with side effects and a timetable focussed on magic only discovered a few weeks ago. But the challenge was proving pleasant enough, I could go to bed each night feeling I had accomplished something, either mastery of a new skill or a better understanding of my elemental manipulation. The other students were starting to open up too, I know I can come across cold and snooty, but really I was starting to crave some kind friendly interaction.

It was getting close to Halloween, and true to the nature of the holiday, weird things were beginning to happen, well, weirder than a school of witches. There were rumours spreading down from the older students about ghosts, shadows and other hauntings, I mean anything was possible here, I had flames for hair, but I put it all down to trying to scare the new kids. That was until I saw it for myself. It was bright that day, probably one of the last truly nice days of the year, the leaves were starting to turn orange and drop, the sun was filtering lazily through bare branches, waring the air just enough to forgo a coat. Training classes were being held outside today, probably to make the most of it for the last time before the New Year and the interior of the old castle was pretty deserted. I had nipped back inside to fetch a few books and my sketchpad between sessions, it was perfect sketching weather and I was determined to get a few drawings of the exterior of the ancient school before the weather became too bad to sit out and draw.
Coming out of my dorm room, books in hand I froze, a feeling of complete and utter dread filled me, sending chills up my spine, freezing me to the spot. I had felt unexpected fear and anxiety here before, but nothing like this. I knew I was being watched. The books tumbled from my hands as a blur passed in-front of me, down the hallway, it stopped at the end, almost as if to turn back and cast one last look in my direction, before it went straight through a wall to its right. I stayed frozen to the spot, I knew my hair and eyes had probably almost completely been extinguished, down to the lowed possible flame, that…thing, whatever it was, had sapped any kind of courage, energy and good mood I had left, leaving me feeling hollow and riddled with anxiety. I had put the ghost rumours down to just that, rumours, but now, I was a shaking, quivering wreck.

I bent to gather my books off the floor, warmth slowly returning to my extremities, and quickly made my way outside to my training, trying my best to put that weird encounter behind me, it wouldn’t do to be distracted while playing with fire, someone could lose their hair, eyebrows or worse if I lost control.
By the time I had got into the grounds I was feeling more like myself, again, my hair was almost back to normal, confidence bolstered by the fact that, whatever it was, hadn’t tried to hurt me. If it was doing nothing but watching, it must have been pretty harmless, but I couldn’t shake that gnawing anxiety deep in my stomach. I breathed deeply, taking in the fresh air, before I tried to make my way down to where my training would be taking place, through the court-yards, passed the basketball court, and down into the grounds.

I had barely got down the steps when another feeling of anxiety filled me, not half as bad this time, easily cleared with  few deep breaths and a shake of my head, this wasn’t the shadow this time, it was that albino looking girl; Alina I think her name was. She was in a few of my classes and usually kept herself to herself, sometimes talking to Phillip, the hot teacher who barely looked older than his students, I knew it was unprofessional and totally cliché to have a crush on a teacher, but damn he was handsome, and fascinating, there was much more to him than he let on.
The white-haired girl smiled, actually smiled at me, I think I was the first time I had ever seen her do that, I was glad not to be the only one around here with crazy hair, mind you there was that other girl with the floor length locks; that looked so cool.
“Hey, Nice hair.” I almost missed her compliment, her voice was so small, quiet and soft, almost like a whisper. It suited her actually.

“Thanks, I like yours too, very ghostly cool.” I shrugged off the anxiety that filled me when she spoke, it was probably made easier by the anti-anxiety and anti-depressants I had taken each morning for the last 4 years, I guess that was her side effect, who do the spirit witches always have horrible side effects, this girl filled everyone with fear, Nanny Augusta lost her mind to the beyond and there was another girl, who knows what was going on with her.
She smiled again, slightly wider this time, the anxiety I felt lessened, only slightly, but it felt like a massive weight off my mind. She slowly rose from where she was sat under the willow tree, as gracefully as she looked, she really moved like a spirit, and made a hasty retreat back indoors. Maybe the fear I felt was her own radiating out, was she scared of pushing people away? Did she fill people with fear so she wouldn’t know rejection?

There were too many mysteries at this school to unravel all in one afternoon. At this rate I would never make it to my training.
I was mostly across the courtyard, nearing the steps when the air in front of me blurred for a split-second and Phillip practically materialised, half-smirking in his usual fashion. I couldn’t help but squeak and drop my books again, I had already had enough frights for one afternoon without some handsome vampire suddenly popping into existence in-front of me.

“Don’t do that!” I practically yelled at him throwing my hands in the air and bending to pick up my poor books, they were taking a battering today. My hair and eyes had probably flashed a threatening blue-white at the shock. “You could give someone a heart attack! Just because yours doesn’t beat anymore doesn’t mean you can just go around jumping out at people! Jeez.” I scolded, knowing I sounded more like my mother than I was comfortable with.

“I am sorry.” I could hear Phillip’s chuckle he spoke. It was coming to be common knowledge throughout the first years that he was a vampire. “I forget that not everyone is used to my presence yet.”

I grunted in response “A warning before you pop out of thin air might be nice next time. But I doubt you came here to be scolded by me, how can I help?”

“Robert and I…” He began.

“Who?” I couldn’t recall a Robert in my classes, however I had been paying more attention to my books or sketches to really get to know anyone.

“Over there” Phillip pointed out a boy over on the far side of the court-yard, I had seen him around, he always seemed to be alone, similar to Alina, with a permanent scowl fixed on his face. “We saw you talking to Alina, and couldn’t help notice your hair. He wanted to know if it actually burns but was too shy to come over and ask for himself, so ever the faithful friend I came to ask on his behalf.” 

I could see a hint of curiosity deep in his eyes, I knew Phillip was curious too, probably just too gentlemanly to ask, I had been getting a lot of stares since the Expertus ceremony, people often seemed to be scared of getting too close to me.

“See for yourself.” I smiled as I separated some waves and held them out to him, he took a-hold almost cautiously, the colours constantly shifting through it really did give the impression that I had a flaming mane down to my hips.

“Just normal hair.” I shrugged.

“It’s not even hot.” Phillip seemed amazed as he let my hair fall from his pale hand “This is one of the most peculiar elemental features I have ever seen. And your eyes, are they the same?” his gaze bored into my eyes, almost uncomfortably, I had to look away down at my books, anywhere but his.

“They only burn when I’m tired, just like everyone else’s.” I knew they had changed colour with my embarrassment.

“Fascinating, they betray your emotions you know.”

He was gone seconds later. I could’ve kicked myself. Typical, Embarrassing myself in front of the hot teacher, her probably thought I was a fool, a stammering idiot, a silly little schoolgirl with a crush.

I hurried down the steps at the far end of the courtyard, determined to get away from the weirdness today when I practically knocked some poor girl flying. Before I had a chance to stammer out an apology she had already shrilly spoken.

“Are my scales visible??”  She looked mortified.

“So it’s you.” I couldn’t help but smile.

“Ummm, excuse me?” Definitely embarrassed, her cheeks flushed a bright pink.

“I was just wondering who woke me up the other day yelling about scales.” I laughed “I would lie if I said I haven’t felt tremendous relief that some people had it worse than me. I mean look at this.” I pulled my ever shifting hair over my shoulder, blues, oranges, reds and yellows fighting for dominance among the waves of hair.

“I’m sorry I woke you up. I’ve been having issues adjusting to this whole ‘growing scales when I get wet’ business” That sounded cool, painful, but cool, and I told her just that.

I was definitely late for training now.

I pulled the laces tight on my corset, cinching my waist in almost impossibly small; the final touch on my costume for this party: a gothic 17th century Venetian style ball-gown. I had decided to forgo a mask, the dress with its panniers and starched collar was cumbersome enough without carrying around a mask on a stick too.  To finish the look completely I had decided to try and arrange my hair in an appropriate style, short of powdering it white to cover the dancing colours there wasn’t really much more that I could do.
This Halloween ball was something everyone had been looking forward to for weeks, a chance to let our hair down (figuratively for me, I had spent well over an hour on it) and just get to know each other outside of lessons and training.

There was a shadow looming over the festivities however, sightings had increased of that that ghostly shadow, lurking around, watching and filling people with dread (not Alina, the poor girl had probably taken enough blame for the weird goings on.)  Many were worried it was going to show itself tonight at the party, leaving many to wonder whether it was worth attending. I wasn’t put off though, I had brought a costume, I was going to wear it and damn well enjoy myself.

The party was in full swing when I got there, people laughing and chatting, I saw that Robert guy across the room, looking as dour and worried as usual, sending pointed looks across the room to the girl I had run into earlier, Harle, she had said her name was, they didn’t look too dissimilar, were they related?
The atmosphere suddenly went out, like someone had thrown a bucket of water on a candle, poof, gone. I felt my hair and eyes go too, it was a strange sensation, like having the energy completely sapped out of you, like turning the gas down on a stove ring, from a roaring blue and red to a slightly flickering gold and orange, not a good sign. Something was happening and it didn’t feel good.
That shadow figure was back.

Right here.

In the midst of the party.

People looked terrified, they obviously felt the cold weight settle in their stomach too. There was no denying it now, something eerie was happening, and I didn’t like it one bit. I felt bile rising, almost like I was going to be sick. My magic was sputtering in and out, like one of those relighting candles, I felt like I was losing control of my powers.

My panic was rising. I had to leave now.

Picking up my panniered skirt I ran as fast as my heels could take me, through the throng of people gathered to look at the shadow. Shoving my way through I reached the doors in little to no time, my magic coming in uncontrollable, unpredictable spurts, I had to get out, I didn’t want to lose it and hurt someone.

The hallway outside was blessedly cool I dropped my skirts, barely noting the singe marks where my hands had been and slumped down the wall to the floor where I crumpled.  I had never lost control like that before.

Whatever that thing was, it had to go.

Last edited by PookiePumpkin (28/01/2017 at 21:05)

#27 28/01/2017 at 03:41

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Name:
Zodi Muroe

Element:
Fire

Interests:
Alina, Scott

Outfit:
I figure I should use this fire to my advantage and dress up as a phoenix.
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/41/moy/32748.jpg

Story:
She must be part Valykrie...My overactive brain starts spinning about Alina. She has too be, it'd certainly explain a lot about her powers... I want to ask Alina but I don't want to offend her; I have enough to worry about without potentially upsetting someone who can literally tap into my deepest fears with what seems like very little effort. Thankfully Phillip had been there to stop things from getting out of control. Now if only I could figure out how to control these powers...

The dreams have started again. This time they're different though, there's a more ominous tone to them and I wonder if it has something to do with whatever shadow has invaded the school. I haven't personally seen it, but that may have something to do with the fact that I'm a fire element...after all light can cause shadows to disappear...or multiply, at least that's what the voice in my head says...

The one bright spot (pun intended) has been Scott and his offer of help. I was shocked when he approached me since I hadn't found the courage to approach him, and I have to admit that his tip about the lake helped, a quick swim in the morning and I'm calmer (and cooler) all day, all without that used mop feeling that filled with me with dread.

Of course I said yes when he suggested lunch, he's literally one of the hottest guys here and thus far he's been nothing but nice.

"Concentrate." He coached holding up a piece of bread, urging me to toast it.

"There are these great new inventions called toasters." I laughed, "And they're much more reliable," I said glancing over at the growing pile of scorched bread."

"Zodi, focus." He urged me, as he showed me again how to gently release the flame.

I took a deep breath, centered myself and tried to focus, and I watched in amazement as the bread turned a golden color, before pulling my hand away.

"You got it!" He smiled

"Yeah and it only took a loaf of bread." I said laughing.

"Eh we'll feed it to the ducks." he said scooping up the burned bread into a napkin "It'll have to wait until tomorrow though, class."

Tomorrow...with Scott? Yes please.

Last edited by Dare (28/01/2017 at 21:24)

#28 28/01/2017 at 13:48

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Name
Brooke Reynolds

Element
Air

Interests
Scott // Derek // Bruce

Outfit
https://s30.postimg.org/4z9xazxb5/fashion_chic_210.png

Story
TBA

#29 29/01/2017 at 22:06

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

ROUND 4 CLOSES: 1st of February; 22:00 GMT

Whoa! Did that shadow just crash the party and suck the life out of it? Kind of literary, actually...

But, here's the thing:

Now that the shadow is known to exist, Phillip has taken on the task of telling you about it. He finds it's his obligation, since he has encountered it many times before.

And all of those times were a turning point in history.

The shadow is called Shlànaighear in Europe, because it stems from the Nordic legends. However, the Gaelic version of the name has spread and became common.

In translation the name means Saviour.

This is when Phillip smirks, noticing many of you doubt it would save anyone from anything. He, however, continues his tale.

Shlànaighear appeared before every horrible event in human history. It appeared before the Inquisition, it appeared before every world war and before the nuclear bombs, too.

It itself isn't the evil.
It's a warning of it.

Shlànaighear warns you of an event which will come and change the course of history, if nothing is done about it. The fear and horror you feel as it passes equals the one that will happen.

But he'll repeat: it itself is not the evil.

The evil is rooted in humans.

But I guess that doesn't surprise anyone.

ROUND REQUIREMENTS

Name:
Element:
Interests:
Outfit:
PJs, lemme see you going to sleep, now knowing it's only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png
Story: how are you dealing with the news of imminent threat and everything else you might want to write about
Name of Chapter:

This is the final round of this contest.

As always, it's not the end of your story - but we need to make a short stop here before the journey continues.

So let's close this chapter and give it a name. Mine is called:

We're Just Getting Started

What's the name of yours?

IMPRESSIONS AND PERSONAL TASKS

Aurora; Bruce, Alina, Robert

Harle; Robert, Scott

Scarlett; Derek, Jaerim

Celina; Phillip, Melinda, Alina

Oona; Alina, Phillip, Robert

Zodi; Alina, Scott

Last edited by Tonkolina (30/01/2017 at 23:55)

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#30 29/01/2017 at 23:16

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋
Place: Netherlands

https://s20.postimg.org/c01x08119/Aurora_banner.pngElement// Spirit-Empathy

Interest// Alina, Bruce and Robert

Outfits// Pj's and Friendships
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/42/moy/32847.jpg//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/42/moy/32848.jpg

Story&NoC// Dreams or Nightmares to come?

Part 16// The Warning
Robert and I danced some more and I was actually enjoying myself.

Then I felt the same cold as when I was with Alina it wasn't pleasing at all. When a ghost appeared close to the stage out of surprise I pushed myself closer to Robert.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded but was still shaking so Robert pulled me even closer to his body if that was possible.

Just as soon as the ghost appeared it also disappeared.

Everyone was shaking up and confused and then someone got on the stage he introduced himself as Phillip.

He told us what the ghost was called, the translation of his name and even the meaning why the ghost was present, yet still some yelled that they didn't understand what was going on.

I, however, understood perfectly and hoped I could still sleep tonight.

I saw Alina making her way out of the ballroom I hoped she was alright.

"Robert,  I will be right back," I kissed his cheek once again and made my way out of the room.

"Alina?!  Wait up," when I was close she turned and I immediately took one step back.
"Everything okay with you? You left soon after the ghost I was wondering if you were okay," Most would have run after receiving her next glare.
"I never cried," she bite out.
"I never said you cried?" I was surprised where that did come from and though about some days ago when the ghost appeared.
"You were just shivering and I wanted to help you... " I was interrupted.
"I don't need help from you leave me alone," she bites out.

And just like the first time I got a dose of fear sent to me yet this time Fea appeared in her blue glory, So I didn't bulk over even though I was sure that Alina hoped I would because she threw me a glare over her shoulder when I didn't.

I sighed she properly hated me right now, so I will grant her wish and leave her alone should have minded my own business just like what Femke said.
Part 17// Uneasiness
Femke laughed at me, then clapped when I told her what happened.

"Good job, you made the most feared girl not only angry but also your enemy and she does not even scare you," She winked at me at the end.

"I was an idiot,  I really wanted to be her friend," I told her looking out of the window.

"No, no you tried where others would have given up as soon as they felt her powers just like me," she gave an apologising look.

"She feared me," I told her with a sign.

"She's weird and you're not, won't have worked," she told me with a small smile.

"I should have given her, her space," I told Femke looking at her.

"You only need one friend and guess what....It's me!" Femke did a dramatic pause making me shake my head at her.

"Your right good night," I still feeling down.

"Hope I will," I smiled at her hoping that I myself would sleep well too.

Even when I hoped that. I woke up shocked of a nightmare and it wasn't a pleasant one I can tell you that getting my fear out in the open isolation and darkness and Fear wasn't with me but the ghost that was spoken off. He told me that I would die alone and that was worst than a dark room. I shook the uneasiness and but on some uggs, they were warm enough. I left the room after that not wanting to wake up Fem.
Part 18// Night Kisses
As soon as I left I saw two crows following me and smiled up at them yes believe it or not but Plum and Jace made me feel safe. I sat down on my favourite spot and looked around me. It was peaceful calm and I hoped it stayed like that.

"Hey, couldn't sleep either?" Rob asked me taking a place next to me.
"No, and you Robbie?" I asked playfully.
"Robbie?" He asked with a raised brow.
"You call me Ro is fair to give you a nickname too," I told him.
"Your right I guess and Bert kept me up," The crow flew out of his hand to me.
"Hey Bert," I said chuckling.
"I missed you," I gave him a kiss on his head and felt his happiness and warmth.
"Ro will you be able to sleep now? Robbie asked me.
"I had a bad dream," I told him while shaking my head.

He kept quiet and I looked up at him before doing my stories.

"The ghost appeared and told me that I would die alone but when he told me that I was in a black room all alone with little light two of my fears," all I saw in Robbie's eyes after my story was understanding he understood what I told him and didn't judge,  pity or laughed at my fears.
"Thank you for not pitying me," I told him looking at Bert.

He had fallen asleep on my lap.

"Why would I? you're strong," his hand disappeared in my hair it felt soothing.

We were quite for a while only hearing some crows but most were quite.

"I dreamed last of having wings... " I looked up at that.
"Wow, You can be cooler than you are now? I want to fly too," I was seeing a green monster.
"Stop with your lame flattering," Robbie told me rolling his eyes.
"No! I would really like to fly," I told him shocked he would think I was only flattering, okay maybe 25% only.
He laughed hard at my face I think making me slap him playfully.

We talked more about each other and then I stood up making him stand up too.

"I think I will try to sleep," I told him trying to give Bert back.
"Keep him, he's used to sleeping around you," Robbie was looking at me.

I chuckled and nodded.

"That's okay," I went to kiss his cheek,

He turned his head however and my lips touched his lips, I pulled back slowly.

"Too fast?" Robbie asks me

I shook my head and kiss his lips once again.

He broke the kiss after a while.

"You going to bed now?" He asks me I shake my head. "One more, last one," I told him with a big grin.

Robbie shakes his head but does kiss me a third time.

I walked to my room with a big grin remembering the night kisses.
Part 19// Books
I finally finished my book and walked into the library, It always seemed to be too quiet. But Bruce was always around even now with a big grin.
I gave him my book.

"You fancy my friend?" I frowned.
"Sorry, who is your friend?" He pouted at me.

"He means me," I turned and smiled at Robert.

"I didn't know you would be here," I told him and Bruce spoke up.

"You would have come sooner wouldn't you?" It was teasingly and I chuckled.

"Maybe I would have," I replied him just as teasingly.

"Don't mind him he thinks he's funny," Robert spoke at the same time as me.

"I knew it she fancy's you! No wonder she takes care of your bird," Bruce said still grinning.

"Crow!" Robert and I replied at the same time Robert even with a glare.

"You two are even in sync," I blushed while Robert coughed.

"You can stop with the teasing, Bruce," Robert gave him a final glare and turned to me.

"Don't mind him, Ro, he's acting stupid," Robert told me.

"I won't Robbie, just here to bring back this book," I smiled at him.

"Ro&Ro do you understand the jock?" Bruce spoke up making Robert and I gave him a blank look.

He kept making stupid jokes till I had enough and gave Robert a final smile and cheek kiss, Bruce a quick bye, he was shocked at what I did and Robert just gave me a wink.
Part 20// Friendships
I was minding my own business reading schoolwork, books and even texting on my phone when Femke sat at the table too.

"Hey, Rory," I looked up at her and smiled.

"Hey Fem, done with your classes?" I asked putting my phone down.

"I hated them all literally," she grumbled and I gave her a pitying look.

"I thought you liked sport?" I asked her confused.

"Didn't have that class today," She kept a grumpy face.

"Then want to go for a run later?" I asked and her eyes light up.

Before she could answer a girl that I remembered sat down.

''Harle? Was it right?" I asked her.

''You're right, Sister of Robert," She said with a smile.

"How could I forget," I smiled at her back and hugged her.

Femke gave us both big eyes and smiled when I rolled my eyes at her.

"This weirdo is my best friend Femke, Femke this is Harle sister of Robert," I told her and soonish regret it also.

"Ow your crush, Robbie?" Femke said playfully.

Making Harle grin they both gave me creepy eyes and I sighed not again.
Like I didn't have enough of Bruce lame jokes today already.

"You two are so cute," Femke said with an optimistic bright voice I cringed at it.

"You will be my sister-in-law?" Harle added hugging me again.

"Who will be your sister in law?" I felt the soothing emotion before I felt a hand on my lower back.

"She means Aurora of course," That was certainly Bruce's voice.

I sighed here we go again.

"You two are so cute," Fem screamed like an idiot looking at the arm around me.

"Your totally right Femke," Harle said chuckling.

''Can one of you ladies play video games?" Bruce asked something totally else.

"I can!" Femke yelled making people turn their heads at our table.

"Bruce, that girl is called Femke and Femke this is Bruce," I introduced them when I felt Bert fly on my neck and chuckled.

Femke and Bruce were so animated by their self, Harle paid more attention to her phone blushing here and there, while Robert was playing with my hair.

"You look beautiful today," Robert whispered in my ears.

"Thank you," I whispered back with a smile.

"Hey! You table look fun can I sit with you?" I turned around to see Patty.

"Sure take a place," I pointed to an empty chair and she took her place.

"Everyone Patty!" I announced and after a minute she started to talk with Fem and Bruce about games.

I was sure that Patty felt alone her two friends avoid her like a plague because they think she's a racist, I personally think she just someone that was insecure and easily jealous and after talking everything out with her I was happy I could call her a friend now.

A guy came taking a seat nex to Harle.

"This is Scott everyone," Harle said in the group.

"Hello, Scott!" Everyone said in sync, I chuckled most of us at the table did.

Robert winked at me.

And I smiled back.

"Tell me? Will you let Plum and Jace keep following me?" I asked.

He thought about it for a second.

"Yes, You don't have to have Empathy to now, I care about you," He said honestly making me smile up at him.

I could easily say that he makes me happy.

I sat a little closer to him when I felt a shiver but soon after Fea appeared. I turned around to see Alina looking hateful at me. I don't know what her problem was she could have been easily invited in my group.
I turned back around and nodded this was a big group but they where all my friends some I would learn more about others I want to know more about.

I just wondered if there would be dreams or nightmares to come.
Done

Last edited by NinaJones (02/02/2017 at 00:06)

#31 29/01/2017 at 23:30

Totally’Fashion
Harle

Name: Harle
Element: Water
Name of the chapter: Wherever there is light, there is also shadow...
Interests: Scott, Robert
Story:

After the shadow passed over our heads, party went dead. Whoever was smiling was now utterly scared and small talks disappeared in thin air. If terror had a face, this would be it. Hungry for explanation, I couldn’t find no answer. Is this shadow something that has been around all the time or it’s new to these grounds? Looking at faces of my teachers I could see that maybe, just maybe, they knew what was this all about…

It’s Monday morning, the worst thing that happened to humanity if you ask me. As I walked in the classroom, uneasiness of all students could be seen on their faces and body postures. Seems like no one forgot about last night happening, even though they all, as well as me, tried to forget and ascribe the shadow to imagination. Philip came in and started talking even before he came up to his desk. He told us he saw the shadow more than once, he knew it’s name and it was Shlànaighear or translated to our language – Saviour. We learnt a bit about Shlànaighear, how he or she or it wasn’t evil itself, but it was a warning of something evil, and that confirmed my doubts – evil does not lie within abstract and paranormal, it lies within people.

All these information gave me a headache, will something happen to me? Or even worse, will something happen to Robert? I felt paralyzed by the thought that something bad will occur to him, and I waited for the end of the class to talk to him. He was throwing glares at me the whole time Philip talked about how Shlànaighear is trying to warn us about events that will happen. Was he worried about me too or am I hallucinating? This is Robert for Christ’s sake, we never openly talked about how much we care about each other, it was something that you just know. I slid the note with ”We really need to talk afterwards. H” toward him, but it the girl in front of me didn’t hear me well when I said who is it addressed to.

“F*ck! the note ended up in the hands of Scott. Oh great, now he’s going to think it’s for him. What should I say when he asks me about the note? ”Oh hi Scott, I realized I have a huge crush on you and that was so urgent that I had to write you a note to talk to you.”? He is one of the charming and hottest guys in this school and I just sent him anonymous note? As far as I know, every second student’s name could start with H. I started to panic but then, Scott turned over to my direction, somehow looking confused and worried and nodded his head followed by a slight smile. Ok, now I really need to think what will I say after the class finishes, cause now he clearly knows who “H.” is. By the time class finished I was hoping that Scott forgot about the letter, and that I have secure escape from awkward conversation. As I was trying to fit in to a group of people who were leaving the classroom, just so Scott doesn’t see me I heard him yelling my name.
    “Oh, so you got the note?” I said pretending like it was really written for him
    “Yeah, and, I wanted to talk to you too.”
    “Really?” I sad completely confused. His face was somehow expressionless and I had no idea what was it all about ”Let’s go outside, shall we?” I said realizing that we are blocking the way out of the classroom. We started walking toward the old basketball court, as we agreed on that, but the funny fact was that neither of us even mentioned going there. The trip was silent, which was really awkward, since we both are talkative. Once we got to our destination, he started talking in serious voice about how he wanted to talk to me also, and that he is glad I brought it all up. He looked straight to my eyes, with dead seriousness and then said ”It’s about the rematch isn’t it?”  what was he talking about? What rematch? ”You wanted a rematch because you like it fair play” since he couldn’t keep a straight face anymore I couldn’t either. I was a bit sad that he was joking with all that serious face and acting, but on the other hand, what would I say about the note if he didn’t address it as a joke.
    ”Yep, I want a rematch. But this time fair and square. But I have one problem and that’s what I wanted to talk to you about.” his face turned serious, but this time for real
    ”What problem? Is it something personal, or something about the Saviour?” I saw in his look that he wanted to think I trust him. And I did, I really did, but I know how to play a game of his a little better than dropping the act immediately
    ”Well, it is somehow personal, and you know, I’ve been thinking a lot about it. I couldn’t sleep the other night just from the thought of it, and it’s not connected to the shadow, it’s connected to you.” my straight face was still on point and he was even more concerned now ”It’s, umm, I sometimes don’t know what I want, and have to think a lot about it. I’ve spent some time thinking but I still have no idea what I want from you.”
    ”How do you mean what you want from me?”
    I’ve let him be all paranoid for some time, as I pretended I was upset ”Well, you know, I remember quite well what you’ve said, and now you pretend you have no idea?!”
    ”Slow down, you really have to tell me what do you mean. seeing that he is getting more and more serious and that this situation will escalate badly if I continue I decided to drop the act and drop my poker face and I started to laugh
    ”Well you might play basketball better than me, but this game is mine. I have the power of growing scales, but I also have the power of outsmarting you. Now seriously, I have no idea what to ask from you if I win.
    ”You seriously did that?” he said with the big grin on his face ”Ok, ok, I can’t get mad, you got me fair as I got you with the “serious talk” thing. Now let’s think about what I could give you if you win. the last sentence sounded a bit equivocally, but I shrugged it off not knowing if he’s into me the way I’m into him. All the clues were there, but he was talking and mingling with other girls as well so I decided to let some time pass before I think about it deeper. He said that he has no better idea what to give me, than to lend me answers to the next history exam, since Phillip always make those exams tricky and hard. Of course I won the game this time, because now I didn’t let him win intentionally but I gave my best, and his cigarettes got the best of him. After we finished the game, he proposed to sit for a while, so I can take break from all the running and so he can light up a cigarette or two. We were talking about whole bunch of stuff, and I was thinking about how he actually opened a bit to me, just as I opened up to him few days ago. I felt good in his company and I found myself actually thinking about how we should do this more often. I snapped out of it once he said that he can’t quite keep a secret, but then I figured out that I didn’t tell him anything I’m ashamed of. Will we spend more time together next semester or not, time will tell. Behind my back I heard familiar voice
    ”Damn Harle, I was looking all over for you.” we both turned around to see Robert breathless, holding his knees to grasp some air
    ”This is your brother, right?” Scott asked and I confirmed ”I will leave you two alone then, find me after so I can give you the material. he gave me a little peck on the cheek and left. He and Scott high fived one another as the sign of greeting, but Robert still couldn’t stand up due to being tired.
    ”What’s wrong? Why are you breathless? I thought something bad happened but then he explained that he was just worried that he can’t find me, so he ran around school to see where I am
    ”I thought you went to that new tattoo parlor that opened up few blocks down.” he said still grasping for air
    ”There’s a new tattoo studio?! I yelled excited just to see Roberts face judging me ”Okay, I’m sorry, I’m sorry… I should have told you I spend time here often, and I shouldn’t have worried you. Enough?”
    ”Yeah, it’s cool, really, I overreacted. About that parlor, I think that a bunch of amateurs are working over there, so you’ll just have to wait a bit more, and I will pay for your next one, since you want it so much.” and there it was, a sign. We don’t have to talk about emotions and stuff like that, I know it makes Rob a bit uncomfortable. He and I always shown each other how much I love him and vice versa, no need for movie clichés about brother and sister bonding and stuff. As I said before, this bond can not be broken, not even by the hand of whatever is coming that Saviour is warning us about.

Few days passed and nothing important really happened. I mean, not important in terms of event that is announced by the shadow, however during the class I got a text message from Scott. I think this is the better way of communicating than sliding notes like we are in elementary school. Do you have spare time to study this evening? I blushed and smiled looking at my phone even though sms had nothing important in it. I replied that I have time and that I will meet him once I’m done with trying out what it will feel like if I immerse my whole body in the water, just like Rob proposed. Will we really study or not, I don’t know…

Link to external image

Last edited by Harle (02/02/2017 at 00:27)

#32 30/01/2017 at 01:24

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

Name: Scarlett
Element: Water
Interests: Jaerim and Derek
Outfit:

https://s24.postimg.org/gvr9fgiyt/yukibana_haruna_1.png

Name of Chapter: The Heartstrings Pulled and the Ripples on the Water
Story:
Part I:
I didn't sign up for a school where I could die... but this might be interesting. And here I was, still studying late at night, before... what did they say... before hell broke loose?

It would probably be wise to sleep soon because Jaerim and Derek asked me to spend time with them tomorrow. But I couldn't ignore my human studies, could I? My goal was Wharton, Wharton, Wharton...

Part II:
"...and so I fell asleep while trying to finish my stats homework yesterday," I sighed. Jaerim, Derek, and I were sitting on a grassy patch at the outskirts of some forest.

"When did you fall asleep? And look at that mark on your cheek -it's so funny," Derek laughed loudly.

"W-what mark!? And how is it funny?" I exclaimed.

"There's one on this side too," Jaerim replied and poked my right cheek.

"Ah... your hair is messy too. You're so lazy for not bothering to even tie it. Or are you obliged to mop the corridors for the janitors? Wow Scarlett, I didn't know you were that try-hard." Derek continued to laugh.

"Oh, jeez," Jaerim wiped a tear off of his gorgeous eye, "and speaking of that hair of yours, did you finally figure out what it is? 'Cuz Derek here thinks they're like tree roots. Like, super ugly, super gnarly, super old tree roots." He made some awkward gestures with his long fingers. If they were supposed to resemble tree roots... I don't know...

"And Jae-Jae didn't tell you that he thinks they're like slimy, sloppy, sickening seaweed." Derek barked. The two bursted out in laughter again.

"To say sickening, huh? Jaerim, I'm going to get you back for this!" I said, cheeks flushed with anger. I was more than triggered.

"I'm joking, I'm joking. I never said your hair is strange... in a bad way. Yeah, in a bad way, right, Derek?" Jaerim laughed, squishing Derek's cheeks.

"You guys are horrible!" I pouted and gave them a dark stare. It was funny because they were both so much taller than me, and I was becoming tired of tilting my head up so high.

"Why, should I do this to you too?" Jaerim removed his hands from Derek's cheeks and did the same to me.

"Owwwwww," I complained but he still wouldn't quit. Oh well, it was like dealing with my brothers, but wow was I becoming insecure about my hair.

"Hey, my turn. May I, Seaweed Head?" Derek asked gently but had on him a malicious grin.

"Gosh darn it you guys!" I groaned.

Last edited by Yukibana-Haruna (01/02/2017 at 19:21)

#33 30/01/2017 at 01:28

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Name:
Zodi Munroe
Element:
Fire
Interests:
Scott, Alina
Outfit:
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/42/moy/32851.jpg
Story:
A nein rougue...here...now? I knew Phillip had called it something else, but an omen or evil is an omen of evil no matter what pretty name you present it under. My mother used to tell me stories about the nein rouge all the time...before she and my father disappeared, and for the first time in what feels like a lifetime I feel a chill running up my spine. If something is coming, and of course something is coming, I don't intend to just sit by and wait...

I've been avoiding Alina, worried that I'll blurt out my questions and ask if maybe (just maybe) she's more valkirie than human. With Phillip's announcement I realize that I have to ask...now. If she is she's going to have to be better about controlling her powers...heck even if she isn't she's going to have to get better about it, with whatever is out there waiting to pounce...she can't be a problem too...what if she is the evil? I try to push the thought out of my head as quickly as it comes...but it sticks because now isn't the time to underestimate anything...or anyone...

I have to talk to Scott as well, toasting bread is good, but it's not good enough. I need full control, and speed...and dare I say just a little more heat...

Name of Chapter:
Ashes to Ashes

#34 30/01/2017 at 14:06

Fashion’Talker
Chockolate
Place: Riga

Name: Celina
Element: Ground
Interests: Phillip, Melinda, Alina
Chapter: New Opportunities
Story:
I had experienced the end of the world once already, the day my parents die. I thought I would die from the sorrow myself or starve to death because we had nothing left. But my character did not just let me give up, especially with Melinda on my hands. I had to help her grow up and experience life. And even now, when the scale of the matter was much more serious, I felt that I will make the best of it. I will somehow get to the top, even if they wipe the globe flat. I will discover a way to regrow everything, I will find the solution, if not for myself, then Melinda.
Studying martial arts has been a blast. My bruises healed quickly, which made other girls jealous as they had to walk around with blue and green spots all over their body. I felt stronger more confident in my own abilities. I even thought some basics to Melinda. I wanted her to be as strong as I appeared. Studying still took more time, but it was amazing to learn so many new things, especially from Phillip. He seemed to have witnessed it all, been everywhere... And here I was a little blond from a small town without a penny to her soul, with no parents and a younger sister. But screw the odds, I'm going to achieve great things.
Throughout the time spent here I had changed visually too. I had more skin on my bones and the intense training made my body tone up. I started growing out my hair, as it was easier to braid it back than have to worry about sweaty locks dropping on my face. Melinda was growing happier, she was being more absent recently and  I thought she had made some friends and that made me ecstatic. Phillip and Alina were always hanging out so I did not make a move. I had to concentrate on testing out the boundaries of my abilities and learn as much from martial arts as possible. I really want to learn to heal others too. A healer is always respected and needed as well. But projecting something that was naturally flowing through me seemed exhausting me too much. Hurting Melinda was not an option, but the random bruises I tried to heal on random classmates sitting next to me, couldn't be analyzed as they didn't live with me.

Outfit:
Link to external image

Last edited by Chockolate (01/02/2017 at 10:04)

https://i.imgur.com/qWiSjUN.png

#35 31/01/2017 at 21:52

Notso’Fashion
PookiePumpkin

Name: Oona Revalis

Element:   Fire

Interests:   Phillip, Robert and Alina

Outfit: Everyone loves a fluffy blanket!
Link to external image

Name of Chapter: It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Since my freak out at the Halloween party, my hair had hardly got past a dull orange, flickering more like a candle, through oranges and reds, no blue, a reflection of how I felt, no energy, not much confidence in my abilities either. I could cast well, but my nerves were getting in the way, I had to shake this awful feeling.

Phillip had explained about the shadow, a Shlànaighear, a saviour, here to warn against some kind of evil. It didn’t do much to ease my anxiety, though the thing itself wasn’t inherently evil, the unknown it would bring was what bothered me. He had been quick to explain more about the last sightings, before wars, nuclear bombs, and the inquisition.  It was hardly comforting that it was appearing now. What would a group of young, hardly trained witches have to do with whatever was to come.

And on the subject of Phillip, I swore that the last 400 or so years had warped that man’s sense of humour, I was beginning to think he was a sadist. His latest idea of a joke? A 10 page essay, on the rarest magical side effects through history. And of course I had to be paired with the other oddities in the class, Robert and Alina.

I swear those two could hardly stand to be in the same room as each-other, even with Phillip to control Alina’s abilities. I had seen them recently, becoming a kind of ragtag trio. However, huddled around a small desk at the back of the room, pouring over dusty old books, tensions were beginning to rise between Robert and Alina. Though she was doing her best to control herself, both Robert and I were starting to struggle with the anxiety her presence wrought.

“That’s it!” Robert grumbled, slamming his pen down on the empty page in front of him, making me jump. “How in the hell am I supposed to concentrate on this crap!? What was Phillip playing at putting me with Ghost-girl over there?”

Alina just glared, putting down her pen and folding her arms sullenly. These two had been bickering on and off all afternoon, as if the atmosphere in the school wasn’t bad enough with the Shlànaighear floating about. We were getting nowhere fast.

“This isn’t working.” I sighed, shutting my book and rubbing my temples, my hair and eyes were practically out, and being in the middle of squabbling was not doing me any favours at all. Phillip wanted this essay by the end of the week, it was already Wednesday and we hadn’t got further than names and a title.

“No, it’s not.” Robert agreed sullenly, glaring at Alina “If she would just stop sending the bad vibes over here I might be able to concentrate.” He was pale, looking like he was going to bolt for the door at any given moment.

“You say that like I’m not trying.” She snapped, the temperature dropped and I got a chill up my spine. Others in the class were beginning to feel the effects of her frustration.

“Doesn’t feel like it.” Robert snapped back. He was beginning to attract attention with his outburst. And Phillip was smirking in the corner, so much for his help.

“Right! Enough!” I hissed quietly, pulling both of them out of their glaring match. Alina looked shocked, and Robert looked somewhere between shocked and affronted. “This obviously isn’t working. We need to try and get this done. Alina, I know you’re trying and I appreciate that, but I think we all need a break, time to come up with some kind of plan.” I sat back in my chair, sighing.

“Agreed.” Alina said sharply, standing and grabbing her bag “I’m going for some fresh air.”

I sighed, putting my head in my hands.

“Maybe we should get Phillip over.” Robert leaned in “To..You know...”

“To what?”

“To help….with Alina, and her…” He gestured wildly, he didn’t want to say it, but I knew what he meant. He wanted Phillip to help keep Alina’s ability in check.

“No.”

“But she can’t control it!” He hissed angrily “It’s giving me the heebie-jeebies. “

“She will never learn to control it if we keep getting Phillip to supress her and we don’t give her the chance to try.” I shook my head, I wouldn’t give Phillip the satisfaction of admitting we needed help. I knew why he had put us three together. It was to get us out of our collective funk.

“Your hair has got some blue in it again.” Phillip called from across the room, he looked impressed.

“Good.” I grunted. “Means we will get this done.”

“Any bright ideas?” Robert asked. I couldn’t tell if he was hopeful or not.

“Actually, yes.” I sighed. “Its not ideal, but we can’t afford to keep snapping at each other.”

“Well what is it?”

“You stay here and go over these books, pick Phillip’s brain or whatever, I’ll go raid the library, I’ll tell Alina to get on the internet.  We will find whatever we can, then give me your notes this evening, I’ll write up the essay tonight before bed and run it by both of you tomorrow before we hand it in.” I knew my tone left no room for argument as I packed my bag, and Robert seemed to accept it.

“You’ve got your fire back. Quite literally.” Phillip whispered as I passed him on my way to the door.

“Good” I said with a sense of finality “I’m going to need it in the coming days I think.”

Last edited by PookiePumpkin (01/02/2017 at 18:28)

#36 01/02/2017 at 22:10

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
Everything posted up until now will be judged.
The winners will be posted tomorrow after rereading everything.

That means you have a day to wrap up your stories in case you couldn't yet. However, those parts will not be judged.

/vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

See you tomorrow with the results! /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#37 02/02/2017 at 00:25

Totally’Fashion
Harle

Tonkolina wrote

CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED

That means you have a day to wrap up your stories in case you couldn't yet. However, those parts will not be judged.

You will see an "edited" in my post, but that's because of grammar mistakes I had no idea I made, English is not my first language.  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/neutral.png Telling you this just so you know that I didn't change the story. And yeah, I will miss this contest /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#38 02/02/2017 at 19:55

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

Don't worry, I read it right away when I closed it, to make sure I know what has been changed. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

RESULTS BELOW

Thank you once again for joining this contest and making my charcters come to life. I enjoyed hosting it even if I was short on time. I'll once again apologise for being a bit of a forgetful turtle but when next chance given, I'll make up for it /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png.

I hope you had fun and that you're ready for the sequel once it's up.

And the results are here. I tried to count in everything.

Link to external image
Link to external image
Link to external image
Link to external image
Link to external image
Link to external image
Link to external image

Notify me of any possible typos. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2