Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2

#1 22/10/2017 at 16:09

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Contest is now closed

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/50/moy/39781.jpg

It turns out that there's a method to finding a person's soulmate and it's as simple as having the person gaze into an orb that's plugged into the Akashic records until the image of their soulmate along with some basic information is revealed. No one is allowed to do this without being at least 21 and without having undergone an intense 24 hour psychological evaluation that is different for everyone. (there admittedly are some exceptions that have been rumored like the time a 16 year old hacker from Maryland managed to break through the firewall for a full 10 minutes to get all of his friends prom dates, or the time a bachelorette party broke into one of the facilities housing an orb to prove to their friend that her husband to be wasn't the one, or...well you get the idea).  Once the image of the soulmate has been revealed the pair meet in person and then they spend several days getting to know each other in the facility they were introduced in before being sent off to build a life together. The catch is that once you've undergone this process you've essentially agreed to pair bond with this person for life...no matter what happens.

An IMPORTANT note about story length. Please read BEFORE you do anything else

For those of you who are interested in what the contest will entail in more detail please check out the round previews that I've provided. These basic guidelines will not change and will let you know if you're interested before you enter. Please note these don't give the full details of each round, so you can read them and still be surprised.

Round Previews

An important note about judging: Story writing contests are notoriously difficult to judge and so in addition to two winners for each round (best story and best dressed), there will be participation banners for each participant. All banners will be uploaded after the final round.

Basic Rules

One entry per participant with a consistent look and personality throughout the contest (any major alterations e.g. hair color change must be explained in the story in some way e.g. you don't have to detail the process of dying your hair but another character should notice it).

This contest is 5 rounds, every round will last 72 hours

The contest is both edit and non-edit

Please keep my characters as I wrote them. Most of us know Tonk's Lucifer rule, it's a great one, please follow it.

Tonk's Lucifer rule

Round 1 requirements

Name

Face Claim

Occupation

Personality Traits

Your chosen soulmate
I've provided 15 different extras who are available for you to choose from. You can't claim the same soulmate as another contestant, so the earlier you select, the better your chances are that you get your first choice.

Story Tell me why you've applied for the soulmate solution, what you hope to get from the experience, what you thought of the process you had to undergo, and how you felt when you first met your soulmate in person (please don't take your story beyond the first few hours of the initial meeting).

Outfits Show me what you were wearing when you first entered the process and the outfit you chose to where when you were first introduced to your soulmate.

When your entry is complete please write R1 complete or something similar in your entry.

Round 1 ends at 11am EST on October 25th

Last edited by Dare (06/11/2017 at 05:40)

#2 22/10/2017 at 16:30

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Extras and Contestants

Extras

[/b]

Contestants

Last edited by Dare (24/10/2017 at 16:16)

#3 22/10/2017 at 17:02

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

https://s20.postimg.org/3sr5rq50t/Blair.png

Name: Blair Rosalie March

Face Claim: Sophie Turner (with her signature long red hair)

Personality Traits: gentle, funny, smiles a lot, creative, grumpy without her 8 hours of sleep, passionate about her job, messy, has no sense of direction and gets lost easily, dreamy, horrible cook, talks a lot, not always the best listener, gets scared easily, loves children, book lover, romantic, over punctual, cat person, chocoholic, terrible liar

Your chosen soulmate: David Johnson

Link to external image

https://s20.postimg.org/nunioofr1/Blair_Rosalie_Round1.png

Link to external image

The Process

The Meeting

Round 1 DONE

Last edited by schoggettchen (25/10/2017 at 20:31)

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#4 22/10/2017 at 18:48

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

https://i.imgur.com/YJP7oMc.jpg

Name →← Yannise Mi
Age →← 27
Face Claim →←  Zonnique
Occupation →← Closed Captioning Freelancer
Personality Traits →← I'm sweet and caring. Despite being a gentle lady, I can kick it up a notch and be the life of the party. I've done Closed Captioning for some of the largest multimedia companies as well as several universities. I work from home and sometimes can be quite reclusive.

Chosen →← Hamilton Dobbs

I've applied for the Soulmate Solution because I'm tired of trying to find Mr. Right but ending up with Mr. Oh-So-Very-Wrong. Even though I was quite nervous about going through this process, meeting Hamilton made it all worth it. We have so much in common! We both love computers and have been described as "eccentric" and "quirky." During our first meetup, we got carried away discussing computer programming pre-Windows and somehow segued into the extensive measures we've taken to avoid social situations.
//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/50/moy/39805.jpg//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/50/moy/39804.jpg

→← ■ →← ❤ →← ■ →← Round 1 Complete →← ■ →← ❤ →← ■ →←

https://i.imgur.com/lhvWJ85.png

#5 22/10/2017 at 19:07

Totally’Fashion
hhgurl1
Place: Portugal ♥

https://orig00.deviantart.net/ac57/f/2016/263/8/9/897e77fba6e1bdbbe385504a3f1ba2ce-daibv8f.png

Angelica Larson
FC: Lucy Hale
College Student

Personality Traits:
Angie is feisty, loving a good joke even if sometimes it's at the expense of others; she doesn't leave someone without an answer and loves being sarcastic; she has short patience for those whom she considers dumb or lame and has pretty high standards either for friends or boyfriends.
Deep inside Angelica is a good person, she just has a mask for others to see and people have to dig deep to know the real her, those brave enough that is. She loves animals, chocolate and cheesecake. Hates routine, road traffic and lame people.

Your chosen soulmate: Noah Gibson

Story:

The Process

Meeting the soulmate

https://i.imgur.com/48JuXPa.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/hFJUUKW.png
Evaluation // Meeting

Round 1 DONE

Last edited by hhgurl1 (23/10/2017 at 18:04)

#6 22/10/2017 at 22:00

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

FC: Emily Kinney

Name: Zoe Wilkins

Personality Traits: curious, attentive, can be blunt and occasionally tactless, loves peace and quiet, rarely speaks when she doesn't have to, would love to have a family at one point, snappy when somebody interrupts her downtime with meaningless questions, nondrinker, works with her instincts, comfortable before pretty/elegant/fashionable

Chosen soulmate: Eli Roberts

https://i.imgur.com/Rsw8V0R.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/zildO4q.png
entering, meeting

"You're not changing?"
I shook my head. Some people weren't aware of me taking extra shift today. I don't do that very often, but this time I needed little more money on my hands. And new bed. I really needed a new bed, the old one literally broke under me... I'm aware that it's due time it's replaced. You can sleep on air mattress for so long.
"Taking extra, I see" I nodded to that, eyes seemingly glues to the phone screen. So far it was quiet. "What is it this month?"
"Bed." It was high time I reply to anything. But I don't really like talking about this and that, as if my life depended on it. Actually, silence can be as much telling and words. And people I worked with got used to that. I mean outside saving lives, because saving lives also depends on good communication in the team amongst other things like fast reaction, knowing what you're doing, communication with patient and all that. So yeah, I have to talk then, but outside of work I can be silent... and I prefer to be silent. Which is why I've applied myself for a strange program.
"Second thoughts?"
I only grumbled. The person that was talking to me right now wasn't giving up on talking to me and didn't seem to in a longshot. But that's how May Cullen was getting all the information, through persistence. And she might've searched that program somewhere. For starters, she showed it to me just for laughs... Well, somebody hadn't predicter that I would be that desperate.
"So no second thoughts. You know, you might find yourself..."
I rolled my eyes. I knew she was going to say husband. Soulmates were a rare occurrence and they weren't limited to love in my point of view. However, let's say for the sake of people's sanity that it's that limited. So yeah, I might have a possibility of finding potential husband... huh.
"I hope you'll buy that bed before you get there officially."
I rolled my eyes. As if that was really important.

~*~

They said that each evaluation is different, depends on the applicant. So I got a bunch of stress tests... that's what it seemed to me, they were probably making sure of me working well under stress. Actually, being locked somewhere for a few days could get traumatic, so no wonder they did those tests. Whole day and probably even more, so at the end of it I was pretty tired and started yawning at some point... Just like now. Doesn't help that I worked the night before.
"Coffe? Energy drink?" at least they weren't complete inensitives.
"Nah, a long night sleep would suffice."
Actually, even a nap would suffice, quiet, little nap... But nope, not yet. It struck me as a bit odd to conduct the basic interview at the end of it all. I guess they had everything already... Well, whatever.
"Miss Wilkins, what made you to apply for a program?"
Oh, questions. I loved questions, especially when they were coming in bunch... yeah, sarcasm. I don't normally use it, it just slipped here. But I have to speak here, it's obligatory.
"I was curious if I could find a person who wouldn't mind me not talking at all."
And I was  dead serious. Some could say I was just fooling around, but honestly, that was crucial.
"Please, explain."
"Well..." I sighed. "If I don't have to, I'd rather sit in silence and not many people are comfortable with that. At one point blabbering or question starts."
"I see. How did you find out about the program?"
"A collegue of mine brought several pamphlets of several programs similar to this one just for laugh."
From laughter to general interest to picking this one, that's how it went basically.
"You do understand that you'll be unable to back down, yes?"
"Yeah."
Usually that's not how things go, but we're talking serious here. Dead serious. Finding potential soulmate is serious, no matter how the relationship will go and which nature it will be.
A couple of questions more (mostly about my profession and hardest situations I was forced to deal with) I was finally able to gaze into the orb. Like really, we're talking medieval and mystical here! This was getting intense.
What I've been surprised by the most was how quick the potential candidate showed up. There was that strangely fuzzy feeling when I was gazing there and then it happened. Briefly gazing at the face, I was more interested in basics. Single father... Interesting...

~*~

I can't say I wasn't nervous. Only a fool wouldn't be nervous. Me and my potential soulmate would meet and I wasn't so confident. I didn't have any plan, I rarely do have one. But nothing was telling me to run away.
I waited, solving the crossword out of boredom, before he showed up. First thing I did was to hide the crossword and smile, while looking at him. It seemed like a good move, not talking first. But the good manners include introducing.
"I'm Zoe" and rules dictated that woman introduces herself first... Well, at least I've read that somewhere. But honestly, no beating around the bush.
"Eli" but it didn't seem that bad. "A few words, but many actions?" I swear he had that smirk somewhere... Or was he? I'm confused...
"You can say that" yet I couldn't help, but smile at it. "Taking action is part of my job."
"Doest it involve taking risks too?" another smirk... or smile.
"Mhmm" I hummed in confirmation. The first moments were always hard. "That's why I appreciate peace and quiet... and a family time." I always wanted to have a family of my own, even if that wouldn't be the peace and quiet I like.
"Big family time?"
"Big time, not too big family."
That wasn't going that well, but still, nothing told me to run. I was certain that he was getting the meaning, when I wasn't speaking directly. Actually, he talked more than I... which isn't unusual. Not sure how I should read his words...

COMPLETED

Last edited by Siri (25/10/2017 at 00:17)

#7 25/10/2017 at 16:00

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Welcome to Round 2!

After meeting your soulmate everyone is asked to return to the dormitories that the center has in place. While the dorms are co-ed all of the rooms feature only one twin bed with the hopes that this will minimize participants attempting to co-habitate before they may be truly ready. An alarm sounds in all of the rooms simultaneously and everyone is instructed that they have 10 minutes to get up and turn on their televisions for an important announcement. Some of you may be tired or overwhelmed or excited from the night before but you all manage to tune into the message which alerts you that over the next couple of days you'll be learning more about your soulmate. The message stresses that you take this seriously because there was one teeny detail that they didn't mention before now: None of the people that you met were actually people...you'll find out what that means when you speak to your soulmate and you can discuss it with them during the tasks that have been planned for you. Have fun!

Your first day has been carefully planned out for you: breakfast will be delivered to your room (everyone will receive the same breakfast tray which will include a bowl of oatmeal, some sliced berries and a small carton of milk) along with a note detailing what you're going to be doing that day with your soulmate. You'll then have 30 minutes to get ready and head to the orb room where your soulmate will be waiting.

Schogettchen

EmmyAna

Hhgurl1

Siri

Round 2 requirements

Name

Round status
e.g. round 1 complete, round 2 in progress

Story Tell me how you reacted to finding out your soulmates secret and what, if any, impact it had on the task that was planned for you. It's optional if you choose to also describe the morning before the outing and the outing itself, please don't take your story beyond the end of the outing.

Outfit Show me what you're wearing to your outing.

Round 2 ends at 11am EST on October 28th

Last edited by Dare (25/10/2017 at 17:27)

#8 25/10/2017 at 16:52

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen

Round Status: R1 DONE; R2 WIP

Link to external image
https://s20.postimg.org/p9xv94br1/Blair_Rosalie_Outing.png
Link to external image

The Announcement

Lost in a maze with an Angel

Last edited by schoggettchen (28/10/2017 at 21:24)

#9 25/10/2017 at 16:57

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

Zoe Wilkins

done

https://i.imgur.com/7IBDafY.png

I had a lot to think about. But it had to wait until the next day. Why? Well... I fell asleep, having bed under my back as a nice change from the mattress. Yeap, still haven't bought that bed.
I was awake when the alarm rang, since I'm attuned to my own alarm that rang earlier... I haven't noticed that we had television! Nevertheless, I managed to tune in the device... And the announcement was the most bizarre thing ever. It took me a while to figure that out. What did they mean by telling that people who were matched to us weren't exactly people? This... was... Well. I couldn't exactly place what I was feeling, but listening to my own instincts... I actually still haven't felt the urge to run, rather to stay... Not that I could run anyway. By agreeing, I've crossed a point of no return.
Thinking about the agreements and clauses I had to read and sign, I realized that I've signed my warrant the moment I've agreed to everything that was in there. Which probably included this little detail. I had to admit that the possible reason I've not felt any inclination to run away was either my own curiosity suppressing my instincts... or they had something to dampen it...
But there was too little time to think, as I had breakfast ready... and a note. So instead of thinking, I did just that, nothing to interrupt me. Oatmeal, fruits and milk. Bleh. I hated that combination. I took my time to read a note and practically wanted to slam my forehead against the table. Communication is a problem... So there is a task that involves communication, basically telling me that I have to send proper signals... And start building all that trust. It's never an easy thing, especially with me. I had to think this through, because obviously they'd never let it leave. And I am being negative here, no doubt about that. It all mixes up, the note, the information... I would have to think about it and approach the matter accordingly.

~*~

Over the course oftime I found managing my day easier as I progressed, but it still hadn't saved me from being messy-looking or presenting freshly-out-of-bed visuals. In today's case it was neither. I would classify that as no-time-for-hair, doing something random and in a hurry.
Eli was already waiting for me. I greeted him with a smile.
"Are you ready for today?" He smiled with his own smile. Mine just went wider, almost to the point of grin. Almost. I wasn't that ready, but the task will need to be done.
"I hope they'll get us lunch or something" I voiced one of my concerns. I was dead certain that we'd take some sweet time with it... Of course, I had to properly guide him to place the pieces, because I didn't have the nine hundred facts about me. Especially nine hundred facts about me I'd love to share.
I had a colection of basic facts about what I generally like and dislike, where I went to school, that stuff. Things that are safe to share, so in the course of the task my likeness of peace, quiet and calm downtime were shared, as well as which chocolate I like and those were just a few things. I'm not sure if Eli was taking notes, paper or mental. But it hit me that it was me that had to share things, not him. And the question remained. Perhaps it was some sort of role reversal or they wanted to "fix" me. No idea, honestly.
We were after lunch and practically three quarters done, when I've given my last basic fact, that was a prelude to the serious stuff: that I quit my job for a year. I saw that Eli was interested about it, but I didn't want it to share with him. Not now, not today. It was too early and still painful. And after few well-placed pieces the panel blinked. Yeah, this one was on me and I sighed, resigned. I guess, I'd have to say it...
"Well, this is a story, so..."
"Wait" he interrupted me. "I have something to tell you as well."
He must've seen it, there is no other option. But he wasn't supposed to san ANYTHING about him!
"But..." he just looked at me and I felt silent. I swear this look and the smile he added just made me stop.
"It's the biggest of them all." I should've stopped him, that's what part of my instincts was telling me. The other was to listen to him and I was literally torn about it. "I'm a cambion" and he bowed slightly, as if he was introducing himself the old-fashioned way.
A cambion? That would make sense with the announcement. But something was amiss for me. He wasn't prepared for me looking at him from every possible side and angle.
"What are you doing?" he laughed at my attempts.
"You don't look like cambion" I replied, still examining him.
How did I know? Well... I lived with a nerd for a while, he was all about that stuff and he shared some of it with me.
"Am I?" Something made me look at him... his eyes were glowing. Literally glowing. And for the first time, I was speechless when I was supposed to. So he wasn't exactly human... and...?
"How should I know?" I shrugged. I was pretty chill at the situation, to my surprise... or rather intensely curious. If he really was a cambion he had to mask himself extremely well and I wondered if he had wings or horns or...
The panel blinked. I forgot about the guidance. Oh no...
"Wait, Zoe." Apparently he had something in mind. "Maybe you could tell me, why you don't like talking that much."
That? Yet another thing that tied to me that wasn't safe to share. Some would deem it silly.
"You really want to know" I sighed, resigned, yet again. "In fact, I hate that people always have to talk, even when they have nothing meaningful to say. I hate all this yammering, blabbering, chit-chatting... As if it was all that mattered. I hate that people talk stuff they know nothing about and that some of them don't even think before they say anything. Especially if it's hurting like hell..." Yeah, I've been subjected to treatment like this by peers at school. And I've been at the other end as well, giving such treatment.
"You've been bullied" he stated.
"Both sides actually" yeah, you see why I'm never mentioning it? It's not something I'm proud of. "But the most important part is when I see most people, I wonder, why they have to talk or do they really have to? Can't they just listen to their own mind, reflect on the choices, on the day or just drop the thinking and enjoy the silence? There are other means to express..."
I sighed. This looked more like a rant than confession, giving an opinion on things. And it probably made no sense, but it was tied.
We returned to the task at hand and fortunately, no mistake was made... until the last few pieces when the panel blinked and I knew.
"You did that on purpose" I stated, but he smiled. I guess I should say that... "The reason I quit my job for a year was that at the same day I lost a person I've been trying to save, a child... and my mother. They were victims of the same accident."
And it still was somewhere back in my mind. The moment when I saw familiar plates when we arrived on the scene, the clear directive of taking care of a child, panic, long reanimation that in the end did nothing and the news when I managed to whisk a moment to find out how things were going. It was too much to bear at that point. I had therapy and all this and I was able to get back on my feet and get back to saving lives. There was that grim truth that you can't save them all, even if you try and I'm still having troubles to agree with it.
We finished the task, placing correctly the rest of the pieces, but atmosphere was different. And it was fault of mine.
"Zoe?"
"Mmm?"
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be. At one point you would know."

COMPLETED

Last edited by Siri (28/10/2017 at 11:06)

#10 25/10/2017 at 19:20

EmmyAna

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/50/moy/39879.jpg
→← ■ →← Yannise Mi →← ■ →←

Ugh... came to get the coding and absent-mindedly deleted my entry. Should never play when I'm ill. I'm sorry. I tried to fix it with a replacement story.

He's a WHAT?! I could hardly believe my ears. How could that be possible? I searched the faces of the technicians hoping this was some kind of twisted practical joke. It wasn't.
My mind was a whirlwind of shock, alarm, and utter disbelief.

As far as the coding goes, it went okay. I didn't have much trouble with the coding itself, but Hamilton's whole shutdown issue almost made me shutdown. I'm still shocked that I was able to even think in the midst of such a horrid disruption.

My soulmate is a bot? AI? An Android? How is that even possible? I started getting dressed, but wasn't sure what I was going to wear or if it even mattered.

→← ■ →← ❤ →← ■ →← Round 2 Complete →← ■ →← ❤ →← ■ →←

#11 26/10/2017 at 14:16

Totally’Fashion
hhgurl1

https://orig00.deviantart.net/ac57/f/2016/263/8/9/897e77fba6e1bdbbe385504a3f1ba2ce-daibv8f.png

Angelica Larson

R1 & R2 Done

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/50/moy/39895.jpg

Before the hike

Hiking with a were-what?

Round 2 DONE

Last edited by hhgurl1 (26/10/2017 at 15:08)

#12 28/10/2017 at 16:15

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Welcome to Round 3!

Okay so it seems that some of you are less than pleased with the turn of events. Management understands that you may be experiencing a bit or disorientation, disbelief, or disgust and there will be counselors available from 6:00am-6:15am every morning for the remainder of your stay in order to address this. Please note however that all counselors go on a 5 minute break at 6:05am so you'll need to plan your visit accordingly. Thank you again for choosing the soulmate solution.

Following the initial tasks that you've had to complete, management has decided to plan a romantic date for you and your soulmate. Each date is a customized experience allowed to get you better acquainted. Along with this morning's breakfast tray (a blueberry scone, two over easy eggs, a side of bacon, and a glass of orange juice) you also receive a note detailing your date.

Round 3 requirements

Name

Round status
e.g. round 1 complete, round 2 complete, round 3 in progress

Story Tell me about your date and be sure to select one of the choices I provided for you. Please don't take the date beyond where your selected scenario ends.

Outfit Show me what you're wearing on your date

Round 3 ends at 11am EST on October 31st

Schogettchen

EmmyAna

Siri

Hhgurl1

Last edited by Dare (28/10/2017 at 23:39)

#13 28/10/2017 at 18:47

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

Zoe Wilkins

done

https://i.imgur.com/V8RxJXM.png

How should I describe what is happening between Eli and me?
Warming up.
Definitely.
Despite his claims to be only partially human (and I do find that difficult to believe, but I also want to see what else is there - argh, my vices), I have a hard time to picture him as a cambion. So yeah, I'm not entirely convinced that he really is a supernatural being. Just not. And I'm worried, I'm starting to feel that something is not quite right. But there's another side of me that wants to investigate the potential disturbance and see how it unfolds. This is scary.
I didn't feel the need to go to the consultants, I was dealing with it my own way, which meant pondering, pondering and reaching proper conclusion. Trying to forget things was never the best option for me. I'm not the one to try to move on without proper dissection of the events. Sometimes it's not working. Things like those were the easiest to deal with when I had my quiet time, not disturbed by any kind of sound like music or talking or even TV for a background noise.
But I still had complaints about breakfast. It still wasn't what I would eat normally, I would definitely kill for pancackes. It's been awhile since I've eaten those.
I took my time this day, acquaintancing myself with yet another note. A date with my potential soulmate, the probable half-demon. And I was supposed to dress to impress and that could go against my general dress code. However, I might pull it off. Yet I wasn't in a rush, as it was a dinner time, carefully thinking what to actually wear. I had a few options.
My overall idea of dressing to impress involved looking fierce and comfortable enough. So I wouldn't mind dressing up in torn jeans and heels, but I remembered that I packed a skirt I kind of liked to wear on a night out with some of my colleagues who didn't need to go to work the next morning. Combining it with few other things and a hairstyle done as if I actually cared (ok, maybe I did a little bit), it was looking well. I made a pose and face while looking in the mirror... THat should do it.
I wasn't surprised that he was waiting for me, as I took my sweet time and was done practically close to the due time. I was prepared for a slow "date", maybe more on the silent side. And I was kind of hungry. But I digress. I arrived at the gazebo and there he was, looking dashing, but I could feel that he was planning something. I usually fail when trying not to give in when it comes to my curiosity. As if that overshadowed my instincts at those times. So it would be a battle inside me, if he was really planning something. That grin was telling. I wouldn't mind him grinning if I hadn't had a strange feelings about it.
"And what are you up to?" I asked, without the initial hello. I never listed myself as polite... nor straight to the point, but this required addressing.
"That depends" he answered, still grinning, slightly starting to annoy me.
"On...?" I egged him to continue with a look.
"If you want to have some real fun."
I wondered what he meant by 'real fun', but at the same time my instincts were telling me to beware. Something was there and as much as I wanted to find out, I had the feeling that I shouldn't give in. That... and a growl of my stomach. Oh, so I wasn't kinda hungry, I was really hungry...
"You can eat in the car" he continued. I still wasn't convinced and he could see how vivid was the battle inside me. Hunger aside, curiosity and instincts were in all out war. That wasn't ending well.
"Well, I'd like to..." and something hit me again. My instincts were bewaring me of not only agreeing, but also staying. This was a lose-lose situation for me, whatever I'd choose would be just as wrong as the other choice. So there was no good one. "Okay, fine, let's have this 'real fun' you keep talking about."
He knew that I wasn't just as happy. It was written all over my face, the wariness of the idea. But I followed, grabbing something first. I won't travel on empty stomach, thank you very much.
Eli gracefully bowed and led me outside the facility. Well, that was something, but honestly, I regretted not having a knife or something. I wasn't so skilled in self-defense, but that wouldn't hurt.
As we were driving, I felt uneasy, as if something I wouldn't like was about to happen. Maybe this was a mistake...
"Where are we going?" I asked him.
"You'll see" he smiled with that specific smile.
"Are we really following the 'surprise location' trope?" I wrinkled my brows. Nope, I wasn't liking the usage of something that was featured in many romantic comedies.
"And why not?"
"Should I start logically or alphabetically?" I cracked a little sarcastic joke, I managed to do that, which wasn't a bad thing.
And then something felt wrong. A sudden lightheadedness meant a thing that I didn't want to experience. Yet the air shifted and I couldn't help it...
"Wake up, Zoe" I heard Elis voice after nobody knows how long. At first it was sounding as if from a distance, but becoming clearer. "We're here."
Something was wrong. Eli was wrong, he was different. Something accentuated his features, his eyes shifted pupils and... was there something protuding from his face? I looked around, my eyes suddenly glued themselves to the view outside. It was different. All red and black, with something that looked like trees, but more like burning wood that was shaped like a tree.
"Where are we?" I was scared. THis wasn't the place I would see in my life any time soon or any time at all. What was this land, some kind of bad amusement park?
"Welcome to the Underworld, Zoe."
Thank God he hadn't seen my face, I was slack-jawed. And I really regretted not having a knife doused in holy water...

COMPLETED

Last edited by Siri (30/10/2017 at 19:19)

#14 28/10/2017 at 21:26

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen

Round Status: R1, R2 DONE; R3 WIP

Link to external image
https://s20.postimg.org/o61e15qzx/Blair_Rosalie_Round3.png
Link to external image

The Morning

The Date

DONE

Last edited by schoggettchen (31/10/2017 at 19:07)

#15 28/10/2017 at 22:48

EmmyAna

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/50/moy/39961.jpg

Still in disbelief at Hamilton not being human, I read the note. What now? I have to be fitted for a VR suit to "go inside of a computer." Oh joy. First I find out that my date is a computer and now I'm gearing up for a virtual experience inside of one. This must be some new age version of the Twilight Zone.

After a tremendous sigh, I resign myself to following through with this process. I might as well. I'm this far in. I slowly find a pair of comfortable shoes and start getting dressed.

Upon arrival, I see botface, I mean Hamilton. I still think that he's handsome, but knowing what I know now it's still just - very weird. Heeding the warning, I don't mention to Hamilton the shutdown weirdness that happened yesterday. I mean, what would be the point? He doesn't know about it and I wish I could forget about it.

As the fitting ends, Hamilton knocked out the techs! What on earth is happening?? He's got me by the hand and we're running, running, running, somewhere. Is this why I needed the comfy shoes? I thought I'd have to stand for a long time or something not run for my life! This is insane! Just as we go through the password-protected door...

→← ■ →← ❤ →← ■ →← Round 3 Complete →← ■ →← ❤ →← ■ →←

#16 29/10/2017 at 09:06

Totally’Fashion
hhgurl1

Angelica Larson

R1/2 Done; R3 DONE

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/50/moy/39964.jpg

Morning

Evening

The next day

ROUND 3 DONE

Last edited by hhgurl1 (01/11/2017 at 13:25)

#17 31/10/2017 at 15:12

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Welcome to Round 4!

Management hopes that you all had a good time on the dates that were planned for you, however it's now time to let fate take it's course so there won't be any meddling...at least not by members of the staff, moving forward.

EmmyAna

Siri

Schoggettchen

Hhgurl1

Round  4 requirements

Name

Round status e.g. round 1 complete, round 2 complete, round 3 complete, round 4 in progress

Story Tell me about how you're dealing with the aftermath of the choice you made in the last round and what choice you're making in this round. Please don't go more than a few weeks into the future.

Outfit  Please provide at least one outfit of your choosing, relevant to your choice.

Round 4 ends at 11am EST on November 3rd

Last edited by Dare (01/11/2017 at 15:21)

#18 31/10/2017 at 15:54

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

Zoe Wilkins

done

https://i.imgur.com/BF3BcPz.png

I had no idea what else to think, I could easily slip into hysterics. Eli took me to THE Underworld, the place I could only hear about as a part of mythology and that was back in school! It looks like I've slipped into something I never meant to know... Where's the...
Holy water won't help you.
What?! For a moment I thought somebody was talking in my head.
And I also won't hurt you.
And now I knew that this voice was exactly like Eli's. I looked at him dubiously.
Yes, I'm talking to you. I believe you can call it telepathy.
Great, now I'm hearing voices...  I haven't changed my gaze, to which he only smiled.
"Don't worry, nothing here will hurt you" Eli tried to ease my worries, that was obvious. It was kind of working, but not completely. "It's just a gate, they always look like this."
"A gate?" Now my curiosity was picked. So it was only the view for transition?
"Exactly." I haven't noticed when he was outside, stretching out his hand. "Allow me."
When I got out of the car, I noticed, what he meant. Underworld looked much like my world, only the colors were giving me a slight headache, as if someone used saturation in Photoshop. But the surroundings were very similar to what I've seen daily otherwise. What I also noticed was that Eli changed as well. Top of my head wasn't reaching his shoulders anymore.
"Still hungry?" he asked me.
"I haven't grabbed much, so I could use something" I sighed. "Is Underworld's food actually edible for humans?"
"Don't worry about it."
I had my worries, alright. First of all, it was a different setting. Second, I felt a bit of a headache. However, as we were walking, the surroundings were becoming more and more adjustable and not so hard on the eye. I had the different feel inside about the place. It was not my world.
We entered a restaurant, bathed in dim lights and I suddenly started to worry about my dress code. When I looked around, there were demons, all finely dressed, as if it was a formal thing. But what intrigued me was that they all greeted Eli qith a hint of respect and we were shown to a private room. Which makes sense, since it's his job to run one so perhaps he runs this place. But it wondered me, if he's a cambion - or so he claims, I still had qualms about it - why he's even allowed?
But since the food was already there, I decided not to bother with that for the time being. I still had a room in my stomach for eating and this was as good time as any to check if food here is safe for humans. It did, so it was only a matter of time before I'd make myself full and not hungry in the very basic way. But I decided not to eat like a pig and instead enjoy it slowly, small bites.
I can't say it was boring experience. Somehow, there was an entertainment, making it similar to Ancient Roman feasts, only it was in more cameral setting. I glanced at Eli, confused about the whole thing, but he was just smiling at my confusion. Nothing more, leaving it for me to figure it out. Obviously, he wanted to impress me, but there was something amiss. He was waiting for my response - well, apart from the usual flirty undertone in his words. But I was having that gut feeling that there is something that wasn't fully explained.
There was also another thing. In the middle of the feast - yeah it was enough for me to call the whole dinner that - I noticed someone else. A little girl, with striking resemblance to Eli. Well that and the fact that he was fully engrossed in taking care of her. I wasn't asking questions, yet I couldn't help but look at them. It was a heartwarming sight and I smiled constantly as I was looking at them. Involuntarily, Eli showed me the side of a father I was eager to meet and even if I was merely a spectator to the whole event. I knew that the girl was looking at me occasionally, even asked Eli who I was (to which he replied with my name only) and what I was doing here. But the time came when she had to be put to the bed, as she fell asleep in his arms.
"You know, finally seeing the father side of you, I wonder what else is to discover" I started, when the little girl was taken away.
"There might be a lot" he grinned at me, but his smile lessened a bit. "Well, I have a confession to make." Another one? "I'm not actually a cambion."
"Knew it" I blurted out immediately. He was surprised at my words.
"You knew already?"
"No, I knew that there was something fishy with that cambion part. Typically, cambions are frowned upon in both societies, according to certain sources." I smiled, seeing his surprise. "Had a roommate who was complete supernatural nerd" I explained with a short-lived grin. "So, you were saying...?"
"That I'm full-blooded demon." That was obvious. I wasn't sure if he was disappointed at my lack of surprise or acknowledged that I know some things. "That's not all."
"What else?"
"This part of the Underworld is mine... and I hope you'd like to spend few days here."
Excuse me?! I had to have larger eyes than usual. But that was a huge surprise I wasn't even going to imagine.
"You could do whatever you wanted, have whatever you need and you'd be completely safe here."
I had no idea what to think about. Another time this day I felt a bit lightheaded from all the promises. And I would meet his daughter for real, not just observe, I could be that little part in life. This prospect excited me, I had to admit. I wanted to meet her... but the rest was too much. This much freedom with the concept of safety... not the excitement could top the worries. I miss my studio apartment and my mattress.
"I would love to..." I hesitated for a moment. No turning back. "But I can't accept it. It's... a little to much for me."
I'm a woman of simple needs. Peace, quiet and a family time. However, this seemed to be too excessive. I'm not used to such things. And this is just the first time we have meeting in such place. Not to mention that it's precisely another dimention.
Eli, however, wasn't happy. His eyes glowed, he probably hadn't expected my refusal. At this moment I felt a tremor under my feet... and after a second it stopped under me. I felt strangely invigorated and my vision felt... brighter. Eli noticed that and his eyes widened. I was confused at what happened, he calmed down quickly, maybe too quickly, but he seemed shocked.
"I'll drive you to the facility" he said.
Something was wrong, as we drove back in complete silence. For the first time, the tension happened and it was uncomfortable. For the first time I felt uncomfortable in silence.
Eli got me out of the car and I felt that he didn't want to loose his temper, but something was making him uneasy.
"You didn't tell me that you're a Witch..."
"I'm WHAT?!"
"..." he looked at me, surprised. Well, I did made a slight outburst. "You didn't know?" I shook my head.
"I don't even know what a Witch is... How do you know?"
"You absorbed part of the tremors and created a shield, as if you felt threatened... that was Witches do in danger."
"I did that...?" I definitely had to look for this, as this was something even my nerdy rommate wasn't telling me.

~*~

For the next few days I involuntarily restricted my contact with Eli to a minimum. It was mostly because of my research about Witches, but also because of his behavior. His whole posture and behavior indicated that he was sorry for his outburst and also I noticed that he's troubled. This worried me more than who I really am. According to the sources, Witches were naturally possessing affinity to absorb all kinds of power, making it their own life energy. Creation of shield was a defense mechanism, common in Witches, just like Eli said. Only a selected few were counterattacking with the gathered power and I wasn't belonging to that group, thank God. But as well as people accused of witchcraft back in the days, the Witches were also subjected to every kind of punishment that went. So it was more of a passive ability, passed genetically. I wondered if my mother had that or it was my father I've never met...
Eli worried me. He was troubled and distracted every time we talked and it was high time I'd ask what is it. I proposed a simple meeting at the gazebo in the facility, at the afternoon. And this time I was waiting for him, reading a book. When he came, he smiled at me.
"Glad you came" I said, patting a seat next to me. He gladly took it.
"For you, always" he turned on the basic charm, but he wasn't fooling me. Not anymore at least.
"What's wrong? You're troubled" I decided to press the issue.
Eli sighed, but still retained his charming posture. I rose my brows, waiting for the answer.
"It's Lirit" I still had my brows high. "My daughter. She can't live in human world."
"And it's because of...?"
"She's only five, Zoe. She doesn't have control over her powers, fire-breathing in particular" I nodded. If what I pieced together was accurate, uncontrollable powers were dangerous and difficult to hide. And nobody posessed complete control since birth. Witches' ability was automatic and there was no chance of controlling it. This was different. "It will take years before she'll get the same level of control I do" I looked at him sceptically. "It was Underworld, after all. The thing is... I'm trying my best to teach her, but..."
"Obviously not your best" I stated. My reasoning was perhaps flawed, but I understood some things. "Why are you still here, Eli?"
"I beg your pardon?"
"You should be with Lirit" I said. "Remember, I was observing you two. She needs you."
She was more important than me. Despite his constant flirting, surprises and tries to get me talking (which he did), he grew on me and I wished to continue the relationship we had, maybe even taking this further; he already became a part of my life. But Lirit was his daughter and with that kind of situation, she needed him more than I do.
"Yes. But that's not all of it" he stood up and in a moment he got me up, pressing me to his form. "Isn't it obvious that I'm fond of you?"
"Mhmm..." I looked up at him. "You're not hiding it, obviously."
"Do you...?"
"I think I would gave you a sign if I didn't want anything to do with you" I shrugged slightly. Figure it out Eli. I'm not running away.
"Do you think we could work it out?"
"That's possible" I wasn't denying it. "It will take some time to get used to."

COMPLETED

Last edited by Siri (03/11/2017 at 14:07)

#19 31/10/2017 at 19:08

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen

Round Status: R1, R2, R3 DONE; R4 WIP

Link to external image
https://s20.postimg.org/4qb1ky2m5/Blair_Rosalie_Coronation.png
Link to external image

What now?

The Invitation

A Coronation and a Wedding

Rushed but DONE

Last edited by schoggettchen (03/11/2017 at 23:35)

#20 01/11/2017 at 13:26

Totally’Fashion
hhgurl1

Angelica Larson

R1/3 Done; R4 DONE

https://i.imgur.com/jr8KbEv.png
Communicating with the mate

Oh boy

Proving one's worth

Dating a werewolf

R4 DONE

Last edited by hhgurl1 (03/11/2017 at 20:19)

#21 01/11/2017 at 14:18

EmmyAna

//photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/51/moy/40055.jpg  //photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/51/moy/40056.jpg
Travel                                                  Shopping

Hamilton and I have been running through this hallway for what feels like hours. I'm scared to death! This was not what I had in mind when I envisioned finding my soulmate. This is worse than any nightmare.

Wait! There's another Hamilton! There's another Hamilton? There are THREE Hamiltons? How can this be happening?! The metallic skeleton shows that these are all AI, too. I feel faint, shaky, and queasy. This is unreal! Supposedly, he found this room yesterday. Why in the world is he showing me? I already know way too much. He thinks someone wants to replace him and take over his life. Silly, bot. You're a bot! He's concerned for me, which is nice, I guess. I'm not concerned for him. He is a droid, after all.

He's trying to escape and is pulling me along. The techs are chasing us and about to catch up. Why am I even running? I know that Hamilton is an AI. I've done nothing wrong. I've followed the instructions that included not telling him the weird truth. This is ridiculous! I release Hamilton's hand and stop running.

The techs take me back to my room. I'm getting meals delivered but there's a guard at my door. This is like prison - solitary confinement. But I'm completely innocent! Is this some kind of game to them? If so, I don't want to play anymore.

Suddenly, I hear a noise just outside my door. Are they fighting? Are they about to throw someone else in here with me? What is going on? I'm scared! I get closer to the door so I can hear better and am startled by a knock. It's Hamilton. He's got a bag and plane tickets. Bot or not, anywhere has to better than here! Wait, the tickets are for Rome? I've never been to Rome. Let's go!

Not only am I excited to be out of that weird facility, I'm thrilled to be in Rome! I'm looking all around so wide-eyed and fascinated. Everything is wonderful! I'm enjoying the food. There are so many sites to see: the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon... I want to go shopping! Hamilton is joyful and assures me that there will be plenty of time to see and do anything my heart desires. He's a wealth of knowledge, better than any human tour guide could ever be. He kisses my hand as he tells me that we'll make some wonderful memories of our own. I'm warming up to the idea. Maybe traveling with an AI isn't so bad. Heck, I travel with my cellphone and laptop all the time.

→← ■ →← ❤ →← ■ →← Round 4 Complete →← ■ →← ❤ →← ■ →←

#22 03/11/2017 at 15:19

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Welcome to the final round

6 months later...

You all get an invitation to send a video message back to the facility to tell them how you've been faring...and of course they're hoping you'll provide a glowing recommendation for the next group of people bold enough to try out this project.

So, exactly how is it going?

EmmyAna

Siri

Schoggettchen

Hhgurl1

Round  5 requirements

Name

Round status e.g. round 1 complete, round 2 complete, round 3 complete, round 4 complete, round 5 in progress

Story Treat this like your video message to management and tell then what you and your soul mate are up to 6 months into the future. Be sure to specify the final choice you made.

Outfit  Please provide at least one outfit of your choosing, relevant to your choice.

Round 5 ends at 11am EST on November 6th

Last edited by Dare (04/11/2017 at 02:33)

#23 03/11/2017 at 16:02

SortOf'Fashion
Siri
Mimikkyu da yo! ^.^

Zoe Wilkins

done

https://i.imgur.com/LCvjcdb.png

Video message

Looking at the mirror that was hanged in the locker, I almost hadn't recognized myself from the time before. I felt as if I learned a great deal about myself and my ancestry. Turns out that the Witch gene was present in both sides, that's why I was able to do directed absorbance... yes, we tested that on charged objects with Eli. This wasn't a common occurency, as it is a rarity to be a child of two Witches. I guess I found more than just a partner.
"So, your boyfriend is picking you up?" May leaned against the locker next to me, with a knowing grin.
"Not this time" I fixed my hair and took last look. I tried to go for a little bit of edgy vibe, something I wasn't testing before. "Admit it, you love to watch him."
"He always flirts with you. I'm jealous. I wish Mark would do such thing..."
"Always wishing for what you can't have" I hook my head, letting out a high school girl giggle.
"Though you do pick strangest ones" she said when I closed my locker, all ready to go to the nearest gate to the Underworld. It was my turn to stay there for a while, of course going to work, how else. "I never thought you'd end up with single father."
I just smiled. I never expected that myself, honestly. I was intrigued when the orb picked Eli as my soulmate. Were we truly soulmates? I have no idea. Perhaps, maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it nor against it. I would't bet at all. Back to the subject, I was certain that it was a match made in Hell, we were so different... but we weren't that different after all...
I officially hated going through the gates. Mostly because of the landscape and the smell. The transition wasn't a good feeling as well. But I knew my way around and it wasn't long before I entered a familiar place. It was late evening, so they would be home.
"Zoe!" A happy shout was the reaction I missed so much and Lirit's weight when she jumped on me was a welcome feeling. Though to be honest, I still stumbled when she did that. "You're finally back!"
"Hey there" I smiled at the little girl, quickly examining her visually. She was paler that I've last seen her, but as full of energy as if she never had any condition. "Missed you too, darling."
"Traffic?" Eli walked up to us, greeting me with his usual smirk.
"Nope, jealous May" I chuckled, fixing my hold of Lirit, so she wouldn't fall.
"Again?" he rose his brows up. "That woman really needs to..."
I shook my head, laughing softly. I knew what he would say.
"Tell that to her husband."
"That woman has a husband?" he was surprised, he had no idea. Well, I did. "I think I need to teach him a bit."
"Daddy? Can Zoe tuck me to bed?" Lirit cut into our banter, remembering us about her.
"Yes, of course" he said quickly and I just smiled, while looking at him with a warning. Time was running short.

~*~

It was hard. So hard not to absorb Lirit's powers onto myself. Reinvigoration could keep me going, yet I knew what we promised ourselves. Turns out, Eli had been preparing her for the change of environment, this night was the last one she would spend in the Underworld and so would I. I placed the glittering red ball that was her concentrated demonic powers in the ornated box and closed it. Eli looked at me with worry. I probably hadn't looked that good, I felt sweaty and tired, but managed to check on Lirit who was sleeping. Her functions were stable, as stable as I could say given lack of proper devices. Listening to her breathing, I felt more and more at ease. The process was exhausting and I suddently wanted to sit down.
"Do you think everything will be alright with her?" he asked, still uncertain.
"Ninety-nine percent yeah" I said, leaning against him. "We'll see in the morning, if whatever's here can be called that."
He chuckled, practically pressing me to him. Feeling his body was always a thrilling sensation, this time was no different.
"You might want to pack your stuff" he said, leaning down to capture my lips. We've been going official-couple-style for only two months, it took me a while to get used to that. But before declaring it official, there was a lot of figuring out things.
"Mhmm..." I hummed between the kisses, forgetting about being tired. "Bye bye, mattress."

COMPLETED

Last edited by Siri (05/11/2017 at 18:58)

#24 03/11/2017 at 20:20

Totally’Fashion
hhgurl1

Angelica Larson

R1/5 DONE

https://i.imgur.com/cHyo6MU.png
Six Months later

Video Message

Round 5 is DONE

Last edited by hhgurl1 (05/11/2017 at 23:15)

#25 03/11/2017 at 23:36

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen

Round Status: R1, R2, R3, R4 DONE; R5 WIP

Link to external image
https://s20.postimg.org/hi9ixaaj1/Blair_Rosalie_Round5.png
Link to external image

Time for storytelling...

DONE

Last edited by schoggettchen (05/11/2017 at 16:45)

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2