Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1

#1 18/02/2020 at 15:01

Administrator

Hello ‘Nistas!

Following the announcement made in January, many of you continued to have doubts about LAF and the end of updates. We understand that you would like to have more information and we will try and answer your questions as best as we can.

THE REASON FOR THIS DECISION
The decision to stop making new content for LAF primarily stems from technical problems linked to the game’s maintenance. The game and its infrastructure are thirteen years old.
Consequently, game maintenance has become too complex and it’s no longer possible to proceed with modifications without risking technical problems that may impact you directly.

Unfortunately, we cannot pass the game on to you, as certain users suggested. Although we are aware of your talents and have no doubts about your artistic gifts, this suggestion is not possible for legal and technical reasons.

Finally, you were wondering about the sale of the game to another company. Besides the great sentimental value that we have for LAF, the technical reasons stated above make the game unexploitable for another company.

THE OPENING OF THE BANK
Even in the absence of updates, the functioning and maintenance of a game such as LAF has a cost… The bank will make it possible to keep the site open and accessible to all. Plus, the shops will remain available.
The LAF bank will therefore remain open so that players who wish to do so can obtain more FD to purchase new objects!
For more clarity, a message will be added on the bank page to inform users that new content will no longer be added.

THE FLASH MINI-GAMES
Flash will no longer be available by the end of 2020. Therefore, the mini-games that use this technology will no longer be available. They will be accessible during 2020.
The impacted games are:

Kissing Game!
Organize my Suitcase! (During trips)
Safari Photo (Trip to Africa)

Concerning the missions that include these games, we are still considering possible solutions.

THE TRIPS, EVENT STARS AND CHESTS
As previously stated, the age of the game has produced technical constraints that complicate the availability of the trips, event stars and surprise chests.
We are analyzing the technical feasibility of your requests.

We hope that this message answered your main questions.

The entire Beemoov Team

#2 18/02/2020 at 15:18

Notso’Fashion

Thanks for the explanation. Going to keep my fingers crossed that they'll find a way to keep all the trips and stars open  /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/bave.gif

#3 18/02/2020 at 15:58

Fashion’Talker
Sapho
Place: Amore amore lieto disonore

Well, thank you for the explanation. It's sad because the game has become a real part of us over the years, but at least we will have the time to process the idea.
I do hope the events stars , trips and shops are going to be open and available . It's the only thing that would make me keep spending and visit the bank.
It's like season four of the Good Place; It makes sense that it must come to an end.
But the consolation is we are allowed to spend as much time (doing whatever the characters do in the last episodes -if I knew how to work out a spoiler I would have used that image) as we need before we go on and find a different game to play.

https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14462/moy/11569068.jpg

#4 18/02/2020 at 16:43

Almost'Fashion
JazziStar

Thank you for explaining more of the problem! I have no technical knowledge myself, so cannot offer any help other than to keep my fingers crossed and to keep praying that the problems can be resolved.  I also have to echo that if it the technical issues here can be resolved, especially insuring that we can move forward in objectives, perhaps by removing the missions that include playing the faulty mini games, and for me personally, opening up the holiday trips, I would definitely buy more FD at the bank in the future.  I think the only times I have bought FD was during the holiday trips because a lot of the outfits there are my favorite. Granted I was probably influenced by the time constraints, but if it's promised that this site will remain open and playable, I would still invest in it.  I really love the style of this game.  I have been trying desperately to find a replacement because of all these problems, but I still can't find one as interesting, as easy to use, or as beautifully done as this one.   
So I will be sending many positive vibes and prayers that these issues will be solved!

On another note, does the phone app have these issues?  I cannot get it in the USA, so I am curious.

Last edited by JazziStar (18/02/2020 at 16:44)

#5 18/02/2020 at 18:58

Totally’Fashion
LostDoll
♥ Love Nikki ♥
Place: Never Far Away

I don't fully buy this explanation. The old code was still a mess 6 years ago when you opened LaF, the technical problems must be only a small part of this. It's clear that there was a huge change in the way Beemoov runs all of its games around 2 years ago, that's why you put this game on the back burner, letting it slowly die in order to focus your attention and energy on other projects. This is understandable but it still hurts.

#6 18/02/2020 at 22:31

Totally’Fashion
Astoni

Thank you for the clarification. I'm still hoping the trips, chests and stars will be released.

I do have a question though, if the flash games no longer work, what about trip objectives which requires you to play those games?

I know it says that the games will be around through 2020, but will the objectives be changed?

#7 19/02/2020 at 15:08

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Like a Fashionista wrote

THE TRIPS, EVENT STARS AND CHESTS
As previously stated, the age of the game has produced technical constraints that complicate the availability of the trips, event stars and surprise chests.
We are analyzing the technical feasibility of your requests.

We hope that this message answered your main questions.

The entire Beemoov Team

I know just enough about web design and coding in real life to know that there are some aspects of the trips that may make them difficult to have up in perpetuity e.g. it's likely that they take up additional space on the server especially since they each have their own games, missions and stars. Based on this I'd like to suggest the following as a compromise, one which will likely leave some players upset and which could create just a bit of work for your team but nothing ridiculous:

About the trips

1. In lieu of opening each of the trips would it be feasible to migrate all of their clothes into Nines and allow them to be searched in the same way we can search for historical looks or fantasy looks? In order to make it even easier they could all be dumped into one new category called trips.

2. Similar to the clothes could the furniture items be migrated into the Ikeshop?

About the event stars

1.Would there be any willingness to do an event star week? This isn't an update per se, just a release of the event stars on the server for a single week.

2.If there's no way that it would be feasible to release the event stars would it be possible to add their clothes to Nines?

About the surprise chests

1. Instead of re-releasing the surprise chests as they were initially released e.g. with various bonuses and clothes. Would it be possible to just migrate the clothes that exist into Nine's?

The bottom line

Ultimately,none of the things we're asking for as players are new items and while "yes" it does involve some work on the backend it would be a one and done kind of thing, also as a bonus it may encourage some additional usage of the bank.

Last edited by Dare (19/02/2020 at 15:08)

#8 19/02/2020 at 19:43

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

Dare Quote

I've forwarded your tips/suggestions to Admin.

https://i.imgur.com/lhvWJ85.png

#9 19/02/2020 at 21:49

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

EmmyAna wrote

Dare Quote

Thanks Emmy!

#10 19/02/2020 at 23:40

Almost'Fashion
JazziStar

Very interesting ideas Dare! For the chest, yes, all I assumed to be asking for was the release of the clothes into Nineland.  As far as the trips go, it would be sad to be able to miss the chance to finish up the levels there for me, but I'd rather at least have the clothes and decor items available than nothing at all.

#11 19/02/2020 at 23:53

SortOf'Fashion
Sakuramei
~ ❤ * ❤ * ❤ * ❤ * ❤ ~

I will say, as someone who has done a lot of coding and web design and having had a friend who ended up eventually having to close a site due to similar reasons (very old code, impossible or incredibly hard to do new features without redoing everything from the ground up and finding a way to keep the accounts would be very complicated-- but she was also one person, not a company), I can understand why big overhauls or fully new features would be an issue.

But anything that uses the current code should be no problem. Adding new clothing uses that same existing code (just... more of it).
Setting the travel maps to not be limited just requires changing the code to match the other travel locations. It shouldn't be any change in server space because that information exists on the server regardless of its accessibility.

Even if they can't do a full code rework, most of what was asked for would be simply changing the toggles that should already be in the coding for it to work in the first place.

I appreciate them giving an update, but just still have questions. I just hope they can at least make all the stars and items available.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/556b02045ceb408440409805175acd6d/tumblr_inline_pkba4o5Yyc1qfa2rp_1280.gif

#12 20/02/2020 at 19:47

Almost'Fashion

Thanks for the update. I really do hope that all the trips end up being available.

#13 21/02/2020 at 07:11

Almost'Fashion
JazziStar

Sakuramei wrote

But anything that uses the current code should be no problem. Adding new clothing uses that same existing code (just... more of it).
Setting the travel maps to not be limited just requires changing the code to match the other travel locations. It shouldn't be any change in server space because that information exists on the server regardless of its accessibility.

Even if they can't do a full code rework, most of what was asked for would be simply changing the toggles that should already be in the coding for it to work in the first place.

I was wondering about this.  If the code already exists, can't someone still toggle it on during the regular time of the holiday, and then toggle it off, the way it already is run? I know there won't be updates, or new clothes or anything, but it's just at least to run the trips and the celebrities that already exist.  If it's too complicated to add the trips and the clothes to the page all year round, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to toggle it on and off for the regular scheduled event.  I mean surely they can have someone do that at least 3 times a year for Steampunk, Halloween and Christmas. 

The only real snags I'm thinking with the trips are the mini games that might be flash orientated that are required for some levels to be completed.  But can't those just be deleted out so we don't have to do them to complete the level? 

I already have been having a problem with the bag check game when going on a trip for about a year now. I just click to skip it. I don't get extra points, but it's no big deal. 

It's just getting me a little worried.  Sure there won't be new stuff, but it almost sounds like there won't be any maintenance at all.

Last edited by JazziStar (21/02/2020 at 07:13)

#14 21/02/2020 at 08:51

Fashion’Newbie

Just hoping the most for availability of stars, because I didn´t take all pictures, it would be nice if I could finish that (at least)

#15 21/02/2020 at 22:17

SortOf'Fashion
Sakuramei
~ ❤ * ❤ * ❤ * ❤ * ❤ ~

JazziStar wrote

Sakuramei wrote

I was wondering about this.  If the code already exists, can't someone still toggle it on during the regular time of the holiday, and then toggle it off, the way it already is run? I know there won't be updates, or new clothes or anything, but it's just at least to run the trips and the celebrities that already exist.  If it's too complicated to add the trips and the clothes to the page all year round, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to toggle it on and off for the regular scheduled event.  I mean surely they can have someone do that at least 3 times a year for Steampunk, Halloween and Christmas. 

The only real snags I'm thinking with the trips are the mini games that might be flash orientated that are required for some levels to be completed.  But can't those just be deleted out so we don't have to do them to complete the level? 

I already have been having a problem with the bag check game when going on a trip for about a year now. I just click to skip it. I don't get extra points, but it's no big deal. 

It's just getting me a little worried.  Sure there won't be new stuff, but it almost sounds like there won't be any maintenance at all.

Exactly, it should be a very quick switch with no new coding required so it shouldn't be too bad to adjust.

They could make the requirement just match one of the others for the level so when one is done, it'll complete that one too. But to be honest, I'm not sure if they will bother-- there is one high level achievement that was absolutely awful to do as there aren't enough room submissions and rather than just adjusting that, I just had to keep hoping I got lucky one day until I managed to get passed it even though we just do not have the numbers here (and we surely won't now...).

They seem to at least be doing some adjustments (or checking in enough to respond to moderators), but I will admit I don't fully understand the hang up on this /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/hmm.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/556b02045ceb408440409805175acd6d/tumblr_inline_pkba4o5Yyc1qfa2rp_1280.gif

#16 23/02/2020 at 00:26

Totally’Fashion
nuclearseasons
Place: /

Sakuramei wrote

JazziStar wrote

Sakuramei wrote

Exactly, it should be a very quick switch with no new coding required so it shouldn't be too bad to adjust.

They could make the requirement just match one of the others for the level so when one is done, it'll complete that one too. But to be honest, I'm not sure if they will bother-- there is one high level achievement that was absolutely awful to do as there aren't enough room submissions and rather than just adjusting that, I just had to keep hoping I got lucky one day until I managed to get passed it even though we just do not have the numbers here (and we surely won't now...).

They seem to at least be doing some adjustments (or checking in enough to respond to moderators), but I will admit I don't fully understand the hang up on this /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/hmm.png

Was the room requirement not changed to something completely different? I vaguely remember them changing it.

#17 23/02/2020 at 01:24

EmmyAna

nuclearseasons wrote

Was the room requirement not changed to something completely different? I vaguely remember them changing it.

Correct. It was changed in 2018.

#18 23/02/2020 at 19:26

SortOf'Fashion
Sakuramei
~ ❤ * ❤ * ❤ * ❤ * ❤ ~

Glad that was at least changed and definitely gives hope to the other objectives being changed.

I just barely managed to get the amount and it was a pain x__x Can't believe I did it in 2018, it doesn't feel that long ago.

#19 07/04/2020 at 16:42

Fashion’Newbie
Antagonistic

i really hope event stuff comes back  /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/rougie.gif

#20 12/05/2020 at 14:24

Notso’Fashion
Aeisling

EmmyAna wrote

EmmyAna,

Was there any response from Admin point of view?

Thank you,

Quamvis Laceris Semper Nobilis

#21 12/05/2020 at 14:53

EmmyAna

Aeisling wrote

EmmyAna wrote

EmmyAna,

Was there any response from Admin point of view?

Thank you,

Read this.

You're welcome.

#22 12/05/2020 at 17:55

Notso’Fashion
Aeisling

Oh... Sorry, I didn't checked that section before, that may look sluggishly...

Anyway thank you much for pointing that section!

Quamvis Laceris Semper Nobilis

#23 01/06/2020 at 16:24

Totally’Fashion
nuclearseasons
Place: /

Is the game team still considering solutions to things like opening the trips up year-round or should we just assume that the seasonal trips are gone for good at this point?

#24 01/06/2020 at 17:19

EmmyAna

nuclearseasons wrote

Is the game team still considering solutions to things like opening the trips up year-round or should we just assume that the seasonal trips are gone for good at this point?

Any and all updates will be posted → here.

Topic closed

Pages : 1