Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3

#26 16/06/2019 at 19:09

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

Osiria wrote

EmmyAna  Hmm seems the suggestion was made in 2017 oh well. Since it cant be done I came up with a small solution of my own /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png I took pics of all the pages of hair. As in very short hair i included all the haircuts in 1 pic and the same for the rest, i was thinking i could post these in a page kinda like a guide thing to help players recreate their fashionistas more easily without going through all them pages since if you got like 400 star pics it will be lots of work and ppl will get annoyed /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/sad.png My question is where i can post such pics? and maybe other players might be willing to help me with the makeup pics to make a more detailed guide so we can all recreate our fashionistas with ease

If I'm understanding your post correctly, it sounds like a great idea. It could go in the Tutorials section of the forum.

https://i.imgur.com/lhvWJ85.png

#27 16/06/2019 at 20:06

Fashion’Newbie

I added a hair guide in tutorials perhaps it will help players if its not acceptable i will try to make the images bigger somehow

#28 16/06/2019 at 23:40

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Astoni wrote

I understand your point of view, and I get that the issue could have been worse - but, it wasn't. I understand that they did what they did to fix the problem. But my point is that we were not compensated enough for the fix.

But my main point is that in my opinion we were NOT compensated enough for the change and that the free retake is a good step, but it's not enough.

Just because they compensated doesn't make it alright. The compensation has to match the level of damage regardless of issue.

In my opinion, under-compensation is not something to be grateful for, and I'm not thankful for the free takes - they could've compensated better.

We shouldn't have to blindly accept under-compensation just because they did/offer something. Also, in my opinion, if it wasn't for Emmy continuing to bother admin about certain issues, a lot of things (including this issue) wouldn't get fixed. It takes a lot to mediate and I'm grateful towards her for the amount of time and effort she's put into this site. I just wish admin did the same - or at the very least kept us informed, instead of leaving us in limbo.

Edit- granted we don't know what's happening on the admin's side. There might be deeper issues, or they just don't care enough. We won't know until they tell us -if they tell us.

Note: Some sections of the above have been removed, because they're not sections I have questions/comments about.

What exactly do you want admin to do in this situation? I'm not asking to be antagonistic but rather because it can be a lot more helpful to say "I want _______________________" and be explicit about those desires in the appropriate forum rather than saying variations of "What you gave me isn't fair". What in your opinion would be fair compensation for something that can't be replaced? What do you want in addition to what's already been offered  namely a window in which to retake the images without cost? For example, do you think that during the window of free retakes it should be possible to change hair and make-up an unlimited amount of time or do you think every 'Nista should be credited an extra amount of 500FD everyday during the retake period in order to account for hair, make-up and skin tone changes or do you think that beauty services should temporarily be free during the retake period? Essentially, what's your solution? And more importantly is it something that can actually be done by Admin? Consider that it's far more likely for them to implement a low-key fix that still gets players to spend money such as a half off sale on all beauty treatments during the retake period or unlimited full price beauty treatments during the retake period than it is for them to do something like immediately rolling out a system where we can save make-up combos. My point is that unfortunately if you don't have something that you can suggest that's both actionable and feasible that while your complaints are valid they aren't actually constructive.

Finally, I'd like to second the love for EmmyAna   /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/amoureuse.gif

#29 17/06/2019 at 03:24

EmmyAna

Astoni and Dare,
Thanks for the love and recognition. I really do my best daily to assist everyone and to make sure that Admin hears all of your concerns.

Dare raises an excellent point...
What would make all players feel adequately compensated?

Admin has been pretty open to input thus far. When the fix was first done, before anyone had posted, I was able to tell them that it wasn't going to be well-received and why. Then I compiled posts as they came in. Compensation was offered.

When the compensation was initially offered, I was able to compile posts that discussed the time frame being too short and the compensation not starting on time. The time frame was extended.

Now that the time frame has been extended, I don't really have any more to give them. "It's not fair" and "it's not enough" doesn't give us anything to build on. I can't promise that you'll get whatever you ask for, but it won't hurt to continue the dialogue.

#30 17/06/2019 at 04:58

Totally’Fashion
Astoni

I initially made my post to air out my frustration on how the event was handled and did not intend to drag it out so much. Truthfully, I was venting and showing my disappointment and was not trying to be constructive.

However, if admin is still open to solutions, I do have a 'list of demands' focused around improving the communication between Admin and the LAF community.
Improving the communication may prevent such issues in the future. And I'm sure, my suggestions are nothing new.

• information updates. This is nothing new, and a lot of players have been asking for updates about the state of the game, as well as its future.
In regards to this event, a warning post from Admin stating "we have to do x y and z to fix this issue, but in the process your star photos will be reset." would've allowed us to save digital copies of star pics.

• Polling. Giving players the option to choose what they want from an event or even what resolution they want.
This may be mor work for them, but it will give them a more accurate understanding of what the players want, and this way they can focus more on those aspects of the game.

• This is an expansion on the polling demand. There's a lot of really good suggestions which players have made to improve game play, and I think it would be great if admin picked a few suggestions they liked and the community voted on what they wanted. This way admin can better target what aspects to update/improve based in player input.

Emmy, sorry if this is not the right thread to post my ideas. I was unsure since they do continue the conversation, but they're also suggestions.

I added your suggestions to the Guestbook so I can present them in that format to Admin.

Thank you for posting.
~EmmyAna

Last edited by Astoni (17/06/2019 at 05:00)

#31 17/06/2019 at 05:45

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Astoni wrote

I initially made my post to air out my frustration on how the event was handled and did not intend to drag it out so much. Truthfully, I was venting and showing my disappointment and was not trying to be constructive.

You of course have every right to be upset and to complain but being either unable or unwilling to present what "fair" would look like to you in this case isn't helpful in my opinion. It makes it seem like no matter what you would have been unhappy. That obviously may not be the case but to be able to present nothing specific to this after making it a point to say you weren't thankful for the solution presented and that you thought it was unfair sure makes it seem that way. Admin obviously can't replace the pictures that were lost but they have shown some flexibility regarding what they're willing to offer to address this particular problem.

I'm personally going to go and make some direct suggestions.

#32 17/06/2019 at 07:43

Fashion’Newbie
Mimme

I'm grateful that there is a plenty of time to retake the pictures. Still, this is really frustrating, especially 'cause this is not the first time. The same thing happened a couple of years ago when the finnish server was shut down and players were moved to other servers. Even after that there has been a "new outfit has appeared to random old pictures" -bug a couple of times.

But to my surprise the inability to secure the photos isn't the thing that bugs me the most. No, the most irritating thing is that I didn't learn anything during those events! In the early days I saved everything because I was so into this game that I didn't want to lose anything. Nevertheless, at some point I just stopped doing that. Even so, you would assume that after the first loss I would have started the saving habit again - but I didn't. I only downloaded outfits and pictures to my computer if I posted something to forums. Therefore only 58 pictures out of the 361 (which I have taken during the years) are saved.

So don't be me - for now on download your content to your computer! This can happen again.

Edit. About the communication. If I remember correctly, sometimes during events there is blinking "info" text on the top of profile page. Would it be possible to add that kind of notification also when situations like this occur? As has been said, there is many active players who don't check The Daily Fashionista section (regularly).

I added your suggestion to the Guestbook so I can present it in that format to Admin.

Thank you for posting.
~EmmyAna

Last edited by Mimme (17/06/2019 at 08:36)

#33 17/06/2019 at 09:55

Totally’Fashion
Astoni

Emmy, thank you! ♡

Dare wrote

Astoni wrote

You of course have every right to be upset and to complain but being either unable or unwilling to present what "fair" would look like to you in this case isn't helpful in my opinion. It makes it seem like no matter what you would have been unhappy. That obviously may not be the case but to be able to present nothing specific to this after making it a point to say you weren't thankful for the solution presented and that you thought it was unfair sure makes it seem that way. Admin obviously can't replace the pictures that were lost but they have shown some flexibility regarding what they're willing to offer to address this particular problem.

I'm personally going to go and make some direct suggestions.

Actually in my initial post, I was agreeing that there should have also been a monetary compensation to account for how much it would cost to change hair and make up, I even expanded on this in my second post.

Even though I didn't explicitly state it. I clearly explained why I was disappointed. Since you seem to want to nit pick everything say and want everything explicitly stated. I'll state it. There should be a monetary compensation based on amount of star pictures. But, I think this can be used to better improve communication between the two groups.

You say you're not being antagonistic, but you're literally on the attack even after I admitted that I initially posted to vent and even posted what I thought would be a beneficial solution in the long term.

If you're happy with what we got, good on you. But I'm not going to lie and say that I am.  I understand why you want me to list what exactly I want them to offer, but I don't think that'll be as effective in the long term. Giving them a list of demands with new functions may not work, especially since they're already neglecting us in terms of information and updates. And the solution I want for this issue and for any future issue(s) is better communication between admin and the LAF community. Will it happen, maybe, maybe not. Is it too much to ask for, I think not.

Again, I understand where you're coming from, and how you may think my frustration is not constructive. But, I want you to understand why I'm upset and why I don't think the free takes is enough. And to reiterate, my initial post was made to show my dissatisfaction on how the situation was handled, and my response was a clarification on why I was dissatisfied. I did not intend them to be constructive solutions, and as futile as it may seem, at least they know that not everyone's happy with the compensation and maybe they'll do something more like improving their communication with us. WHICH I think would be more beneficial than in game compensation.

Furthermore, you fully disregarded the solutions which I think would be beneficial. This leads me to believe that you're literally picking and choosing what you want to see/ be upset about and will continue to attack until I take back my initial statement. But i stand by my statement, and I've explained why i stand by it.

#34 17/06/2019 at 12:54

Fashion’Newbie

My suggestion for compensation: for me it would be also a compensation to AVOID such blamely AWFUL BUGS in the future. I remember that in the past, all bugs occurring had been fixed quite quickly and well. A monetary compensation would be suitable as well...or free make-up and tones for a while. But n o w...I still understand how THIS could have happen...

Since 2018, they are just messing it up more and more. This is why some french players suggest beemov to sell this game to someone more able to improve it.Sadly, only they didn´t lose their creativity and productivity, but also the ability to keep the site running without hitting an iceberg.

Also, I am afraid that the lack of communication is also a big deal. It seems that at least, they are trying to fix it. Because overwise, the game wouldn´t last any longer...

#35 17/06/2019 at 15:59

Fashion’Newbie
Larjus

Welp, this is not the first time Beemoov has ruined my celebrity pictures... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (When I moved my account from the Finnish version to here, it happened, and I can swear it happened once before that... and now it happened again)

Can't say I'm pleased, not even with the compensation Beemoov gave us. I have all 399 pictures, and you can be sure I won't update them. It's way too much work. It's just not worth it.

#36 17/06/2019 at 17:22

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Astoni wrote

Emmy, thank you! ♡

Actually in my initial post, I was agreeing that there should have also been a monetary compensation to account for how much it would cost to change hair and make up, I even expanded on this in my second post.

Even though I didn't explicitly state it. I clearly explained why I was disappointed. Since you seem to want to nit pick everything say and want everything explicitly stated. I'll state it. There should be a monetary compensation based on amount of star pictures. But, I think this can be used to better improve communication between the two groups.

You say you're not being antagonistic, but you're literally on the attack even after I admitted that I initially posted to vent and even posted what I thought would be a beneficial solution in the long term.

If you're happy with what we got, good on you. But I'm not going to lie and say that I am.  I understand why you want me to list what exactly I want them to offer, but I don't think that'll be as effective in the long term. Giving them a list of demands with new functions may not work, especially since they're already neglecting us in terms of information and updates. And the solution I want for this issue and for any future issue(s) is better communication between admin and the LAF community. Will it happen, maybe, maybe not. Is it too much to ask for, I think not.

Again, I understand where you're coming from, and how you may think my frustration is not constructive. But, I want you to understand why I'm upset and why I don't think the free takes is enough. And to reiterate, my initial post was made to show my dissatisfaction on how the situation was handled, and my response was a clarification on why I was dissatisfied. I did not intend them to be constructive solutions, and as futile as it may seem, at least they know that not everyone's happy with the compensation and maybe they'll do something more like improving their communication with us. WHICH I think would be more beneficial than in game compensation.

Furthermore, you fully disregarded the solutions which I think would be beneficial. This leads me to believe that you're literally picking and choosing what you want to see/ be upset about and will continue to attack until I take back my initial statement. But i stand by my statement, and I've explained why i stand by it.

First, I apologize if you felt/feel antagonized as that truly wasn't my intent.

Second, I tend to be solution oriented as opposed to problem focused, clearly this isn't a trait everyone shares and that's fine. I've personally just found that it can be more beneficial to clearly state what type of solution is desired in a problematic situation because that tends to give the other person something concrete to respond to which isn't always the case with more emotionally charged responses.

Third, I actually agree with you that overall communication could be a better course of action in the future and I apologize for not praising those solutions however I was trying to avoid what's going on in this post and writing a wall of text.

Finally, I'm not upset about anything you said or how you chose to present it. As I said previously you have every right to complain about the offered solution not being to your liking. I know that I've personally spoken my piece about it e.g. stating that this information was something that should have been shared in a message as opposed to via the forums since not every player visits the forums or rechecks their images and I've posted suggestions for additional conversation.

#37 17/06/2019 at 18:25

Fashion’Newbie

Larjus wrote

Welp, this is not the first time Beemoov has ruined my celebrity pictures... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (When I moved my account from the Finnish version to here, it happened, and I can swear it happened once before that... and now it happened again)

Can't say I'm pleased, not even with the compensation Beemoov gave us. I have all 399 pictures, and you can be sure I won't update them. It's way too much work. It's just not worth it.

I'm in same situation like you, 399 celebrity pictures! And I also think, it´s not worth of efforts to retake them once again. After moving my account from finnish server I did it, but then I had screenshots of all my star pictures. What a pity, after moving account to this server, I had taken those screenshots anymore. So, it`s almost impossible to remake my "new" celebrity pictures.

I also remember, last time this same glitch happened maybe in december 2017, but then damage was not that large, "only" 10 pictures ruined      /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png. So why to retake huge amount of pictures once again, when we can´t be sure, this will never happen again? Fortunately, my celebrity pictures from Finnish server are still left, so all memories aren´t gone.

#38 18/06/2019 at 04:46

Totally’Fashion
nuclearseasons
Place: /

EmmyAna wrote

Astoni and Dare,
Thanks for the love and recognition. I really do my best daily to assist everyone and to make sure that Admin hears all of your concerns.

Dare raises an excellent point...
What would make all players feel adequately compensated?

Admin has been pretty open to input thus far. When the fix was first done, before anyone had posted, I was able to tell them that it wasn't going to be well-received and why. Then I compiled posts as they came in. Compensation was offered.

When the compensation was initially offered, I was able to compile posts that discussed the time frame being too short and the compensation not starting on time. The time frame was extended.

Now that the time frame has been extended, I don't really have any more to give them. "It's not fair" and "it's not enough" doesn't give us anything to build on. I can't promise that you'll get whatever you ask for, but it won't hurt to continue the dialogue.

The main thing I want is for photo retakes to be made free for good so I can retake my pictures at my own leisure. I have 219 star pictures so three months means I would have to retake about two per day. That's a daunting task and it's preventing me from doing it. If photo retakes were open for good, I would be allowed to just have fun with creating pictures to match stars, which seems like fair compensation for the lost stars (it may not be enough for some fashionistas but I think it would be a good start). AND it would encourage me to spend more FD and be on the site more to create outfits to match stars. It's beneficial to everyone.

Having unlimited access to the beauty salon certainly seems important to many fashionistas. So maybe the limit how many times you can visit the beauty salon could be lifted for good? I know some fashionistas are worried about the cost of redoing their faces hundreds of time so maybe for a period of time services could be free or reduced?

Last edited by nuclearseasons (18/06/2019 at 04:52)

#39 18/06/2019 at 16:47

EmmyAna

https://static.ma-bimbo.com/modules/election/img/forum/hr-election.jpg

All input has been given to Admin.
❤ Thank you so much! ❤

They haven't decided to further adjust the compensation.
While the team isn't planning to make any more updates right now,
they'll make an official post if they do.

Thank you so much for being the wonderful players that you are.
I'm glad y'all are still here.

https://static.ma-bimbo.com/modules/election/img/forum/hr-election.jpg

#40 19/06/2019 at 00:19

SortOf'Fashion
MerryGoGirl
Place: Devon

Oh wow. I've just now found out this has happened. Good grief what a mess. I feel really bad for the players that put a lot of effort and creativity into the Star's pictures. But I'm also sad to have lost the memories of my looks evolution. Bummer. And a taste of pain to come.

#41 19/06/2019 at 07:50

Notso’Fashion
Tamcchi-Litchi
Place: In a bathtube

I'm too much of a new player to be personally affected by this, and I hadn't taken a lot of pictures either. But I do feel a lot for the longtime players or those who took a lot of care for their star photos, and took their time. I support you.
I agree with the propositions made in this topic!

Always Ambitious & Always Broke

#42 19/06/2019 at 20:54

Totally’Fashion
dydy
Place: Lusaka Zambia

All those creations:-(honestly I cant even remember how exactly how each one looked. Man, gotta start all over again.The photos are almost every players pride. But what to do, but start from scratch.  You know i wont lie, this is very disappointing.  It feels like such a loss:snif:

MerryGoGirl wrote

Oh wow. I've just now found out this has happened. Good grief what a mess. I feel really bad for the players that put a lot of effort and creativity into the Star's pictures. But I'm also sad to have lost the memories of my looks evolution. Bummer. And a taste of pain to come.

Yea....

Last edited by dydy (19/06/2019 at 20:58)

https://i.imgur.com/Gu08TfD.gif

#43 20/06/2019 at 12:18

Almost'Fashion
Place: Australia

LostDoll wrote

I think that each player used the photos in a different way.
I have all of my looks (with the transparent background) saved and most are named with the date I created the outfit. However, this doesn't change the fact that I still liked looking at the star photos and considered them as my doll's memories.
What is more, I loved looking at other people's photos, even if some weren't even friends - whenever I saw an outfit on the fashion show that I liked I'd head to that person's profile to take a look at their star pictures.

I don't think I'll have the time or the patience to redo the photos, even if I feel like the photos gallery is a huge part of my profile, it just won't be the same.
The only compensation that would please me is them deciding to really try to revive and save the game by adding new features.

I've done a similar thing. Everytime I download a pic of my nista for the forums, I save it to a folder on my desktop. But like you and many others, I enjoyed looking back at my pics. 5 years of gameplay and hundreds of star pictures, all showing an evolution of my nista. They will certainly be missed...

Although, I'm very relieved I still have pics in the gallery and all the outfits I won /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png I got scared when I saw a post stating "the pictures are gone".

Sending <3 to all the players and admin. We need it rn hehe <3

Last edited by Molotov (20/06/2019 at 12:24)

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/1655/OsOVxi.jpg

#44 28/06/2019 at 18:02

Fashion’Newbie
Sachico

Hello everyone  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

I have a little problem with celebrity pictures and I don't know if I'm the only one, but ummm my pictures are not free... they are even on sales! 525 FD per picture.

(Ps: Pictures are free for my French doll, Mabimbo)

Last edited by Sachico (28/06/2019 at 18:05)

#45 28/06/2019 at 18:27

EmmyAna

Sachico wrote

Hello everyone  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

I have a little problem with celebrity pictures and I don't know if I'm the only one, but ummm my pictures are not free... they are even on sales! 525 FD per picture.

(Ps: Pictures are free for my French doll, Mabimbo)

When you need assistance, please use the assistance section. Your pictures aren't supposed to be free.
RETAKES are free.

Retake Directions:
Open your Star Avenue Album.
Select the picture that you want to retake.
Click the redo button.
Confirm.

#46 29/06/2019 at 17:43

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

Like a Fashionista wrote

Following the announcement of yesterday regarding the compensation following the Loss of Star Photos, we are making some adjustments.

Therefore,  you will have the possibility to retake for free the entirety of your photos starting today, until Monday, September 16.

Again, please excuse us for this issue.

Have a nice day!

There seems to be an issue with retakes. According to the OP we would have until 9.16.19 to retake our photos. Today when I went to retake a photo it is attempting to charge me 525FD.. I am going to do retakes through my profile. Here are screen shots... the photo retake is listed at )FD however when I click retake it gives me a new pop up telling me I will have to pay...
https://i.gyazo.com/50ef3c76ae6df686a5afb09b04eab4f1.png
https://i.gyazo.com/f3b8366a17c6bf086128b14d5a27d137.png

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#47 29/06/2019 at 18:20

EmmyAna

BambiFoxx wrote

Like a Fashionista wrote

Following the announcement of yesterday regarding the compensation following the Loss of Star Photos, we are making some adjustments.

Therefore,  you will have the possibility to retake for free the entirety of your photos starting today, until Monday, September 16.

Have a nice day!

There seems to be an issue with retakes. According to the OP we would have until 9.16.19 to retake our photos. Today when I went to retake a photo it is attempting to charge me 525FD.. I am going to do retakes through my profile. Here are screen shots... the photo retake is listed at )FD however when I click retake it gives me a new pop up telling me I will have to pay...

I get the same message(s), but it didn't charge me.

Retake Process Images

186,815 Starting FD
186,815 Ending FD

Thank you for posting.
I'll create a trouble ticket and an info post.

#48 29/06/2019 at 20:46

Fashion’Newbie
Place: Glasgow

It actually cost me 525 dollars today....

#49 29/06/2019 at 20:47

EmmyAna

Katiekiss101 wrote

It actually cost me 525 dollars today....

Are you sure? Read the post above yours.

#50 29/06/2019 at 21:26

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

EmmyAna wrote

BambiFoxx wrote

Like a Fashionista wrote

Have a nice day!

I get the same message(s), but it didn't charge me.

186,815 Starting FD
186,815 Ending FD

Thank you for posting.
I'll create a trouble ticket and an info post.

Thank you! You are correct, I received the message but wasn't charged. My apologies

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

Topic closed

Pages : 1 2 3