Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29

#251 07/02/2020 at 17:48

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

NinaJones wrote

Maybe is just me but I don't think hosting one contest after another while you come up with different characters every time is that healthy my apology if I over stepped the line.

As someone who does host back to back, I actually like coming up with the different characters that act as the extras. I know that they may not always be to everyone's liking but neither are people in real life. I think that what can be more frustrating as a host (and what I know frustrates me) is 1) when contestants just blatantly violate Tonk's Lucifer rule which I think we all pretty much use as the gold standard when we host, 2) when contestants drop out after a single round just because the contest isn't exactly what they imagined it would be, and 3) when contestants have an issue and don't speak up about it to give the host a chance to fix it.

I know that we all have real lives so I try really hard to come up with contests that can be fun diversions and I also make it super clear that no one had to write a novella (I literally ask for 3 sentences as my minimum) because at the end of the day this is supposed to be fun.

#252 07/02/2020 at 23:16

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

okay, so I have a few people that have confirmed that they would be interested in continuing with the contests so I will be posting my contest starting tomorrow, Saturday, 2/8/20.

Thanks to everyone that is interested and wants to participate. I am super excited to be a part of your travel journey /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#253 12/02/2020 at 17:01

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

So I started thinking about how video games have different settings and wondered if that idea might appeal to any of you in a story writing context. Here's how I see it going:

For the contest there would be one overarching story or theme BUT in the first round contestants could indicate if they wanted their particular entry to be designated mode 1, mode 2 or mode 3.

mode 1 stories would ultimately follow a fairly straightforward path. There would be a specific list of extras to choose from who would be very clearly defined/presented and there'd be less tasks per round that needed to be incorporated into the story. This would be ideal for contestants without a lot of time who still wanted to play along.

mode 2 stories would be like a lot of the contests that we already see in the forum. There would be a specific list of extras to choose from with a laundry list of likes and dislikes and contestants could choose to write a little more when they chose to but would be able to complete the round with a couple of paragraphs.

mode 3 stories would be more like my "Married at First Sight" contest where contestants would either be paired with an extra that they didn't immediately know everything about or the list of extras would be more vague so that you discovered more about them based on your interactions. These stories would be more focused on problem solving even though a "happily ever after" would be possible. This would be great for contestants who had a bit more time and/or were open to a more organic format.

My next contest is a way out based on the hosting schedule BUT wanted to get this out there and see how y'all felt about it.

#254 12/02/2020 at 18:44

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

I am always open to any and all story writing contests. I love participating.

#255 12/02/2020 at 21:05

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03
Place: Malta

Same here. But I must say that I really enjoyed getting paired up with an extra, though I don't mind any of the other ones. I'm up for whichever one you host /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Speaking of which! There was a slight change to our story-writing contest: we decided for it to happen in the present and only limit it to 1 event per round so that people who either don't have enough time or feel blocked most of the time can still join. We also are including a different choice system so that stories don't go so offroad. Won't spoil anymore tho so it'll be a surprise /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#256 12/02/2020 at 22:02

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

chayanne03 wrote

Same here. But I must say that I really enjoyed getting paired up with an extra, though I don't mind any of the other ones. I'm up for whichever one you host /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Speaking of which! There was a slight change to our story-writing contest: we decided for it to happen in the present and only limit it to 1 event per round so that people who either don't have enough time or feel blocked most of the time can still join. We also are including a different choice system so that stories don't go so offroad. Won't spoil anymore tho so it'll be a surprise /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

In the next contest you'd be able to choose if you wanted me to pair you up OR if you wanted to pick from a group based on the different mode you selected like mode 1 there'd be a group, mode 3 you might get paired up or there'd be much more limited info...this way as the contestant players can feel a bit more in control and are less likely to think characters with less detail are inferior than those with more detail.

I'm excited to see what you and Bearhugs are brewing.

#257 10/03/2020 at 16:42

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Hi darling writers!

I'm putting this out here, just in case you are like me and have no clue who is hosting what and when.

So, outline follows: we can update too, if you wish /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png
Note: this is the only estimation I made, not the exact slots & if I happened to forget someone, it was an accident, and I will correct it immediately.

EDIT this has gotten a cool separate thread, so go check it there /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Zaralee (17/03/2020 at 21:23)

#258 10/03/2020 at 17:43

Totally’Fashion
Jadis
Place: The Half-light

Going to pop my head into here and basically toss my hat into the ring - yes, I would like to host. Yes, I have a contest, from the plot down to the characters, but the blurb will have to wait for a bit until I have something that doesn't sound like an AI hammered it out in minutes.

Watch this space ^^

Last edited by Jadis (10/03/2020 at 17:43)

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/92/6c4aduaD_o.png

#259 10/03/2020 at 23:18

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Details for my contest are as follows:

The Orion Mission

Set in the near future aboard a generational ship headed towards a Goldilocks planet there's someone or something that never wants you to arrive. Alliances may need to be forged, friends may need to be betrayed. What will you do to ensure you survive?

#260 13/03/2020 at 23:24

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Okay, so...I've managed to got myself into this wonderful cringe-fest of a show which is probably something you all have seen: Love is Blind. And now, I'm wondering if any of you would be up for that at some point?

#261 14/03/2020 at 00:06

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋
Place: Netherlands

/modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/amoureuse.gif love that cringe-worthy show still need to see end though /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/lol.png  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/lol.png

Edit: Saw the ending finally and have to say fun and worth watching. Excited to see what you come up with Zara.

Last edited by NinaJones (17/03/2020 at 20:29)

#262 17/03/2020 at 19:31

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Zaralee wrote

Okay, so...I've managed to got myself into this wonderful cringe-fest of a show which is probably something you all have seen: Love is Blind. And now, I'm wondering if any of you would be up for that at some point?

Love is Blind was AMAZING and I'd totally be up to see how it could play out in contest form, there are so many ways to do it <3

#263 18/03/2020 at 17:34

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

NinaJones wrote

/modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/amoureuse.gif love that cringe-worthy show still need to see end though /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/lol.png  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/lol.png

Edit: Saw the ending finally and have to say fun and worth watching. Excited to see what you come up with Zara.

Did you watch the reunion too?

#264 18/03/2020 at 17:36

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Dare wrote

NinaJones wrote

Did you watch the reunion too?

Yes I did had feeling of re-watching the show was nice, less drama than most reality reunion's /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Last edited by NinaJones (18/03/2020 at 17:37)

#265 20/03/2020 at 19:12

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Hiya all! I would just like to get a little clarification (and maybe some others would like to know too so am asking here...)

In the upcoming contests... what sort of style/clothing will we be working with?

Nina?... is your contest a medieval type setting since it has dragons or is it like a steampunk sort of feel or just regular modern setting with elements such as dragons included?

Dare?... Kind of the same thing... is it like futuristic/sci-fi type of setting or just regular modern type setting?

And if anyone else cares to share that sort of information for their upcoming contest that would be awesome for me.. I like to chose a FC that reflects the feel of the contest at hand

#266 20/03/2020 at 19:26

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

Bambi... I wasn't part of your list but for the case that you or others are interested:

* My contest will feature medieval and fantasy elements... not much of a surprise given it is based on Lord of the Rings.
There are quite a few good pictures on the Internet for Inspiration.

* In case anybody has been wondering, your FC doesn't need to have Elf Ears since I can easily imagine those myself  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/tongue.png

* If anybody has maybe picked her FC yet, you are welcome to tell me. So I can check it with my list of Extras

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#267 20/03/2020 at 19:44

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

I have already selected Kate Lambert for your contest Schogg /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#268 20/03/2020 at 19:59

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

BambiFoxx wrote

Hiya all! I would just like to get a little clarification (and maybe some others would like to know too so am asking here...)

In the upcoming contests... what sort of style/clothing will we be working with?

Nina?... is your contest a medieval type setting since it has dragons or is it like a steampunk sort of feel or just regular modern setting with elements such as dragons included?

Dare?... Kind of the same thing... is it like futuristic/sci-fi type of setting or just regular modern type setting?

And if anyone else cares to share that sort of information for their upcoming contest that would be awesome for me.. I like to chose a FC that reflects the feel of the contest at hand

Let's go with steampunk/ modern setting, your being summon from earth so the normal type of FC is fine.

#269 20/03/2020 at 23:39

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

BambiFoxx wrote

My contest has a future setting BUT it takes place on a generational ship so the clothing doesn't have to be anything alien or fantasy based, in fact it should all be pretty practical in nature, think t-shirts, leggings, overalls, work boots). I hope that helps.

#270 20/03/2020 at 23:42

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

schoggettchen wrote

Bambi... I wasn't part of your list but for the case that you or others are interested:

* My contest will feature medieval and fantasy elements... not much of a surprise given it is based on Lord of the Rings.
There are quite a few good pictures on the Internet for Inspiration.

* In case anybody has been wondering, your FC doesn't need to have Elf Ears since I can easily imagine those myself  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/tongue.png

* If anybody has maybe picked her FC yet, you are welcome to tell me. So I can check it with my list of Extras

I'm thinking of using Teyana Taylor for your contest

#271 21/03/2020 at 16:18

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

BambiFoxx wrote

Hi babe(s),

I’m not on the list, but my next contest will be a contemporary one. I already have all of my (female) FCs selected, so should someone like to reserve their FC, lemme know (DM is fine, so we don’t spam) /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

edit: okay, so, another thing I wanna put here while considering FCs – everyone in this contest is gonna be an adult. Youngest person is 25, none of the male extras are under 29, age span is from 25 to 45. Consider this when selecting your FC /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Zaralee (21/03/2020 at 16:47)

#272 21/03/2020 at 22:05

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

I've selected all of the FC's for my upcoming contest The Orion Mission, just in case anyone wants to cross-check with their own FC's. I've included them in spoilers for those who'd rather be surprised.

Female FCs

Male FCs

#273 24/03/2020 at 15:21

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Just a heads up that I've decided my upcoming contest is going to have 3 day rounds. I know that the rounds can last for up to 5 days but based on the actual requirements that's a lot of potential down time between rounds for contestants and I want to keep everyone engaged /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#274 25/03/2020 at 16:06

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Okay everyone so I know that with the multi-round swc's that we're going one by one but would anyone be opposed to a quick single-round swc being opened while one of the multi-round contests is open? I know that I'd be okay if I was the one hosting the multi-round at the time BUT I don't want to unintentionally upset anyone.

#275 26/03/2020 at 15:45

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

I won't mind either /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Pages : 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29