Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29

#376 06/04/2020 at 14:01

Fashion’Chatterbox
BearHugs6
Place: Malta

A4

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ydqokKjBkJV0A/giphy.gif?cid=790b76119a41ac47eeee8fb045c54d2b83b766f9a4bc7cd9&rid=giphy.gif

#377 06/04/2020 at 14:08

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03

B4

#378 06/04/2020 at 14:58

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋
Place: Netherlands

tricole wrote

B1?

Ethela
https://media.giphy.com/media/26uTqJWUxDMgWc5pu/giphy.gif

Meet Ragnar, A small man but with a big heart
https://i.ibb.co/bWZ2wkx/X-Ragnar.png

https://i.ibb.co/3drjm7S/UXRows.png
https://i.ibb.co/L53p36B/Flower.jpg
This person works with flowers when he isn’t sleeping, under which number is he?

Chay- 4
Tric- 3

#379 06/04/2020 at 15:30

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03

C3

#380 06/04/2020 at 15:39

Fashion’Chatterbox
BearHugs6

C2

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ydqokKjBkJV0A/giphy.gif?cid=790b76119a41ac47eeee8fb045c54d2b83b766f9a4bc7cd9&rid=giphy.gif

#381 06/04/2020 at 18:53

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Ethela

https://media.giphy.com/media/wYyTHMm50f4Dm/giphy.gif

https://i.ibb.co/L53p36B/Flower.jpg
This person works with flowers when he isn’t sleeping, under which number is he?

Guessed- C3, C2

Tric- 3

Last edited by NinaJones (06/04/2020 at 18:53)

#382 06/04/2020 at 19:02

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

REGARDING PRE-CONTEST ROUNDS/GAMES ETC.

In lieu of involving Emmy can we please just all agree that any pre-contest stuff (since this seems to be a thing now) will get posted in its own thread, the way Zara did with her Empire of Shadows prologue?

BambiFoxx asked about this once before and the solution was to ask Emmy but seriously we shouldn't have to bother her with this, it's a simple fix that we can implement on our own by simply creating new threads and indicating that they're contest prologues or pre-games.

NinaJones I get that this game is meant to build buzz for your contest, and that's cool but because it's a completely random game and no one actually knows anything about your characters or world it has managed to take up pages in this section of the forum. Since it seems like it's going to be going on at least until the end of the week will you please move it to it's own thread? That way, those of us who have things to post that aren't related to you game have a chance of having them seen.

#383 06/04/2020 at 20:17

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

Dare wrote

In lieu of involving Emmy can we please just all agree that any pre-contest stuff (since this seems to be a thing now) will get posted in its own thread, the way Zara did with her Empire of Shadows prologue?

BambiFoxx asked about this once before and the solution was to ask Emmy but seriously we shouldn't have to bother her with this, it's a simple fix that we can implement on our own by simply creating new threads and indicating that they're contest prologues or pre-games.

NinaJones I get that this game is meant to build buzz for your contest, and that's cool but because it's a completely random game and no one actually knows anything about your characters or world it has managed to take up pages in this section of the forum. Since it seems like it's going to be going on at least until the end of the week will you please move it to it's own thread? That way, those of us who have things to post that aren't related to you game have a chance of having them seen.

Zara's prologue contest thread was a fantastic idea. As Dare stated, it would be better to give such topics their own thread. 

Please be sure to monitor your thread. Close the subject on time and contact me to close the thread.

Don't  hesitate to contact me. It's never a bother.

I've added information regarding this new feature to the SWC Multi-Round Rules thread.

https://i.imgur.com/wFIb7UH.png

#384 06/04/2020 at 20:38

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

EmmyAna wrote

Dare wrote

Zara's prologue contest thread was a fantastic idea. As Dare stated, it would be better to give such topics their own thread. 

Please be sure to monitor your thread. Close the subject on time and contact me to close the thread.

Don't  hesitate to contact me. It's never a bother.

I've added information regarding this new feature to the SWC Multi-Round Rules thread.

https://media.tenor.com/images/4c84b661183dfb65833a97d57400597a/tenor.gif

#385 07/04/2020 at 13:57

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Hi guys! Hope you're all safe /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Inspired by this little chat I had, and a couple more chats like this, I'm wondering how much attention do you pay to paper people (extras) and their fictional lives, especially history?

From my own perspective, I do love to write them, and I think you can find out a lot about the character if you know how they got to be the person they are now. Sure, it can seem an ambitious project, but personally I love doing that and giving you more insight into my paper people - either in small parts of their bio or in snippets.

So, is character's (extras') history important to you when you're participating in a contest?

#386 07/04/2020 at 14:03

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

Zaralee wrote

Hi guys! Hope you're all safe /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Inspired by this little chat I had, and a couple more chats like this, I'm wondering how much attention do you pay to paper people (extras) and their fictional lives, especially history?

From my own perspective, I do love to write them, and I think you can find out a lot about the character if you know how they got to be the person they are now. Sure, it can seem an ambitious project, but personally I love doing that and giving you more insight into my paper people - either in small parts of their bio or in snippets.

So, is character's (extras') history important to you when you're participating in a contest?

I would totally love to know more about the Extras /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png Especially if it helps to get a better feeling for them. I have already read snippets from you and joined a few of your contest, so I'm sure it will be helpful for us  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/wink.png

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#387 07/04/2020 at 14:45

Fashion’Chatterbox
BearHugs6

Zaralee wrote

I think it's interesting to know their background and it also helps when writing interactions with them.

#388 07/04/2020 at 14:45

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Zaralee wrote

I would like that if it's not to much trouble Like Schog noted read your snippets, they were fun.

Edit- I love to know why paper people are how they are so the background is big help /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by NinaJones (07/04/2020 at 16:00)

#389 07/04/2020 at 15:20

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03

Zaralee wrote

I personally think that snippets are especially helpful when trying to write interactions with them! Having an insight by their own perspective is really fun and interesting to read /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#390 07/04/2020 at 16:48

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Zaralee wrote

Personally, I prefer it if any history about the characters is revealed in a way that makes sense throughout the course of the story e.g. by one of our characters saying something or doing something. I feel like what we generally get as contestants is the kind of information that we could get from a friend and/or possibly checking out someone's socials; it's enough insight to let us determine if we're interested and I like the realism that lends to things. I feel like with too much possible backstory it becomes too easy to write for the extras versus letting the story take on a more organic course where maybe as a contestant things don't go as we would have liked but which makes sense based on our actions or interactions.

#391 07/04/2020 at 17:30

Totally’Fashion
Jadis
Place: The Half-light

Zaralee wrote

-snip-

Sorry Zara - I did want to refer to what you posted, but then given how wordy some of my stuff are, I'm juuuust gonna quote that like that. Don't kill me!

Gonna throw my two cents and say I actually enjoy reading up on characters' backstory and their history. Generally, I enjoy reading anything the host throws at me, and it helps me synthesize a better story and a better character.

I get Dare's reasoning behind wanting to reveal things with regards to characters organically - in an ideal world, where we have time to learn and know someone more, that's generally what will happen. That, and too much backstory, and it ruins the mystique of getting to learn who a character is - and what they are. We get to interact with them, we get to gauge what they say, react, body language, etc - that works perfectly fine.

Thing is, it's a fine balance between showing too much and showing not enough. I think I speak for most of us when we want to avoid OOC in writing our characters and interactions - the best we can, anyway. Thing is, we're not in a traditional pen-and-paper RPG - half the time, the character is in the host's hands; the other, they're in ours, and I am going to bet some of the hosts get VERY frustrated when a character goes OOC.

We don't have the luxury of a line-by-line RP with every single character. This isn't a forum RP, or a Skype RP - the host has a thousand other things to do at the same time.

Showing some backstory, history, or even interactions with other people help to alleviate that. We get to write a character more faithful to the host's vision, and the hosts don't tear their hair out. And speaking as a participant - there is nothing more I'm more frustrated by than when a host gives me only one or two lines even after I request more information, and then turn around and tell me they expected me to write more based on those two lines.

(Note: I'm not saying this happened to ME or I'm saying any host as done this to me - I'm speaking generally in my past experiences joining SWCs on LaF, MB, forum RPs, etc.)

Of course, there's another can of worms as to meta-gaming, god-modding - but that comes down to the participant to realise where their character's limitations are, and also getting used to not meta-gaming. But that's not something that's for this conversation anytime soon.

Last edited by Jadis (07/04/2020 at 17:32)

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/92/6c4aduaD_o.png

#392 07/04/2020 at 17:31

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Dare wrote

Zaralee wrote

Personally, I prefer it if any history about the characters is revealed in a way that makes sense throughout the course of the story e.g. by one of our characters saying something or doing something. I feel like what we generally get as contestants is the kind of information that we could get from a friend and/or possibly checking out someone's socials; it's enough insight to let us determine if we're interested and I like the realism that lends to things. I feel like with too much possible backstory it becomes too easy to write for the extras versus letting the story take on a more organic course where maybe as a contestant things don't go as we would have liked but which makes sense based on our actions or interactions.

Very good point, and while I do agree with the fact that too much backstory could ruin the possible organic way of talking - I believe it can only do so when abused, something I might call meta gaming for this purpose.

If working on a base of doing some kind of organic communication, it should be part of the whole thing not to abuse the information. For example, knowing someone adores puppies and then showing up with a person who has a puppy with them during their first interaction seems like the type of cheating IMO.

Another thing is, I like to give people the idea of who this person is because lack of understanding the extra you're writing can be frustrating for both sides, and going back and forth to ask how someone would react about each thing you write can be exhausting too, in my experience (not only here, I've been doing this for like a decade, on different sites).

I'm kinda inclined to believe more damage can be done through information deficit than more of it: in a sense, the host can sense when a contestant is cashing in on the whole meta-knowledge and correct it.

But generally, exposition through history storytelling normally helps me to shape the person (both as a host and as a contestant). And I think it can be done gradually, without just throwing everything out in the open.

#393 07/04/2020 at 19:15

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Zaralee wrote

Very good point, and while I do agree with the fact that too much backstory could ruin the possible organic way of talking - I believe it can only do so when abused, something I might call meta gaming for this purpose.

If working on a base of doing some kind of organic communication, it should be part of the whole thing not to abuse the information. For example, knowing someone adores puppies and then showing up with a person who has a puppy with them during their first interaction seems like the type of cheating IMO.

Another thing is, I like to give people the idea of who this person is because lack of understanding the extra you're writing can be frustrating for both sides, and going back and forth to ask how someone would react about each thing you write can be exhausting too, in my experience (not only here, I've been doing this for like a decade, on different sites).

I'm kinda inclined to believe more damage can be done through information deficit than more of it: in a sense, the host can sense when a contestant is cashing in on the whole meta-knowledge and correct it.

But generally, exposition through history storytelling normally helps me to shape the person (both as a host and as a contestant). And I think it can be done gradually, without just throwing everything out in the open.

I fully agree that a lack of understanding of extras can be frustrating; if the history snippets can eliminate that then I'm for them.

#394 07/04/2020 at 20:40

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

I basically agree with a lot of what everyone has already said

/modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif I love reading the snippets/backstories, etc...
/modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif Get anxious that I might meta-game/god-mod especially because as Jadis pointed out this is not a tit-for-tat rp situation...
/modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif I also read everyone's story and I definitely take into consideration what an extra does in one story as part of their behavior/personality when I am writing mine.. I like the cohesiveness and consistency but that is extremely difficult to do at times because we all dont always see the extras in a similar light... if that makes sense. Having more information may alleviate a mixed message about the extra
/modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif As Dare pointed out; I do like a more realistic development of the character. I don't think any of us remain the same as we were at the beginning of a contest... at least none of my characters every have. My characters ebb & flow during the course of writing them, I use the hosts critiques to adjust/move my character forward... develop them based on the choices that she has made and how the extras actually interact with her. I think this is where the snippets help me a lot because I can see if the extra is developing/growing along the way and not just how they were in the beginning of the story.. 
/modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif I depend on the host to take charge in keeping the story consistent despite having multiple people vying for and interacting with the extras.
/modules/forum/img/smilies/epingle.gif With more background/snippet information I feel like there is less of a chance that we will be shocked by the hosts ideal for the extras... again as Jadis pointed out... there is nothing worse than writing a whole story based on what tidbits the host delves out only to have them feel like we took the character OOC because we may have misinterpreted the idea/meaning behind the hosts brief snapshot of what this character is about

hope I made sense

Last edited by BambiFoxx (07/04/2020 at 20:44)

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#395 10/04/2020 at 00:43

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

So noting the current state of the real world e.g. many of us are stuck at home, would anyone be opposed to having multiple s/w contests going on at once? For example I was supposed to be up after Nina but with her contest starting April 10th and running until at least May 10th (6 rounds/5 days each) barring any late starts or glitches it's unlikely I'm going to be able to host with my current and projected future workload BUT I just learned I'll have a slight lull near the middle/end of April which leaves room for a contest that has 3 day rounds. Thoughts?

#396 10/04/2020 at 01:54

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

I am usually up for whatever comes up, so I would likely join multiple contests at once...

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#397 10/04/2020 at 07:13

Totally’Fashion
Jadis
Place: The Half-light

It won’t make a difference for me either way.

However, it might be better off messaging NinaJones and asking her directly if she’s okay with it first? It simplifies things and avoids misunderstandings >_>

Last edited by Jadis (10/04/2020 at 07:15)

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/92/6c4aduaD_o.png

#398 10/04/2020 at 10:36

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03

I don't really mind being in 2 s-w contests at the same time either.

Just like Jadis said though, it's better to talk about it with Nina.

#399 10/04/2020 at 12:55

Fashion’Chatterbox
BearHugs6

I don't mind either  ♥

#400 10/04/2020 at 17:40

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Jadis wrote

It won’t make a difference for me either way.

However, it might be better off messaging NinaJones and asking her directly if she’s okay with it first? It simplifies things and avoids misunderstandings >_>

Good idea, I sent a PM.

Pages : 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29