Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29

#401 13/04/2020 at 03:13

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Quick question: How would you feel about a character claim?

If I'm able to open something up later this month, I'm thinking a fantasy noir murder mystery and every contestant will need to have some relationship to the victim in order for it to be plausible. Based on that 2-3 days before the contest officially opened I'd put up a character claim post. In that post you could each select the character you want to play and show off an outfit for the character. While you'd need to have a relationship to the victim I want you to feel comfortable writing the character so age, FC, and character traits would all be up to you.

Character Claim Sample

#402 13/04/2020 at 03:21

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

sounds intriguing and I would be interested in trying it out

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#403 13/04/2020 at 08:51

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

I believe Jadis is doing something of a kind in her upcoming contest, so I can say I’m definitely up for that /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#404 13/04/2020 at 10:41

Fashion’Chatterbox
BearHugs6
Place: Malta

I like the idea

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ydqokKjBkJV0A/giphy.gif?cid=790b76119a41ac47eeee8fb045c54d2b83b766f9a4bc7cd9&rid=giphy.gif

#405 13/04/2020 at 11:14

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03

I'm up for anything /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#406 13/04/2020 at 14:20

Totally’Fashion
Jadis
Place: The Half-light

Character claims could be fun!

And as Zaralee says... yes, I had something similar planned - but a little bit different in operation. Mostly because my contest(s) at the moment have an investigation focus, so the role you pick might affect what you find, the clues, etc. But more on that when it gets closer to the date, and when I work out the mechanics for good.

Speaking of! I'm postponing my scheduled "A Week at Hotel Charelli", and swapping in my other contest. Briefly, these are the details:

Title: That Perfectly Ordinary Town

Info: Draycott's had a reputation for being a gorgeous seaside town - a hub for the entrepreneurs, dreamers, and aspirants. In other words, it's a perfectly ordinary town, good for anyone hoping to set down roots and flourish. Why not drop by and see for yourself? Oh, and pay no attention to that old lighthouse. We're quite sure it won't crumble into the sea anytime soon.

Additional notes: This is meant to be set in contemporary times, and will involve horror and the occult - hopefully threaded through with some humour and camp. It's also focused on investigations + uncovering story threads - but more on that closer to the date.

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/92/6c4aduaD_o.png

#407 13/04/2020 at 14:26

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Jadis wrote

Character claims could be fun!

And as Zaralee says... yes, I had something similar planned - but a little bit different in operation. Mostly because my contest(s) at the moment have an investigation focus, so the role you pick might affect what you find, the clues, etc. But more on that when it gets closer to the date, and when I work out the mechanics for good.

Speaking of! I'm postponing my scheduled "A Week at Hotel Charelli", and swapping in my other contest. Briefly, these are the details:

Title: That Perfectly Ordinary Town

Info: Draycott's had a reputation for being a gorgeous seaside town - a hub for the entrepreneurs, dreamers, and aspirants. In other words, it's a perfectly ordinary town, good for anyone hoping to set down roots and flourish. Why not drop by and see for yourself? Oh, and pay no attention to that old lighthouse. We're quite sure it won't crumble into the sea anytime soon.

Additional notes: This is meant to be set in contemporary times, and will involve horror and the occult - hopefully threaded through with some humour and camp. It's also focused on investigations + uncovering story threads - but more on that closer to the date.

sounds like fun!

#408 14/04/2020 at 01:15

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Jadis Your contest sounds AWESOME!

Thank you everyone for being open to a character claim!

#409 14/04/2020 at 06:49

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Quick question 2: For my potential contest I already know who the murderer is and if this was a LARP situation that person would know as well. Would anyone be opposed to being informed they were the murderer BEFORE the game started? I'd just send you a quick PM and let you know. It would NOT alter any relationships you planned on building with the extras and based on how you acted/interacted the detective may not even figure it out but it would ultimately be revealed at the end of the final round.

Quick question 3: How would you feel about each of your characters being given 1-2 secrets that you could choose to incorporate into your stories if you chose. These would be PM'd to you.

#410 14/04/2020 at 07:28

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

I like both ideas /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png It would also give other people an incentive to read everyone else's stories... to see if we can guess what other people might know about the investigation /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#411 14/04/2020 at 08:41

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

I think both things you've mentioned should be applied in order to have such a contest feel right. IMO, knowing you're a murderer helps you help the host not get into plot holes, as in, you write your murderer person so sad, so angry about not knowing who killed their father/brother/lover, and suspecting everyone else, while in reality, they are the murderer and then it's like...what happened?.

Sure, don't go doing evil laughter, rubbing your hands in a very villain-y way, or contemplating your following murder, but...maybe a bit of meta-gaming helps here. Again, my opinion /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

So, yes to being the culprit, yes to the secrets, looking forward to this!

#412 14/04/2020 at 10:52

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03

Yes to everything that Dare said! Honestly it's reminding me a lot of the board game cluedo but besides that - I think it'd be really fun to act as if you are NOT the murderer.

#413 14/04/2020 at 11:28

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

chayanne03 wrote

Yes to everything that Dare said! Honestly it's reminding me a lot of the board game cluedo but besides that - I think it'd be really fun to act as if you are NOT the murderer.

Cluedo has an app now - popped to my feed the other day & I really loved that game as a kid /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#414 14/04/2020 at 18:39

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

I love that you're all so into this /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png I was worried it might be read as being a bit too much control on my part but it's how IRL murder mystery games work and I think it can be fun seeing that adapted especially since you'd all have control over your characters personalities.

#415 14/04/2020 at 21:37

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

It's how mystery dinners work too, and I love those!

Also, I do like a bit of control of content in my stuff too, so...relatable /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#416 15/04/2020 at 01:38

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

I'll be posting the pre-game for my contest at the end of the week so that anyone who wants to participate can claim their characters. Note that there will be no story writing necessary at this point: you'll just need to provide a FC, a list of traits you want associated with your character, and an outfit.

#417 15/04/2020 at 03:38

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

sounds super intriguing

#418 16/04/2020 at 01:31

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

For those of you interested in participating in Fae-tal Folly, the character claim has been posted.

#419 16/04/2020 at 10:34

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

While we’re doing some informative content, I’m happy to tell you the rest of the Tudors snippets have been posted in my Creativity corner, along with some information about the upcoming season & would like to invite those interested to give me a bit feedback on the whole ordeal (you don’t have to post everything about relationships, if you don’t want) & some Empire of Shadows snippets will happen these days too, as a small intro into the contest /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#420 17/04/2020 at 14:27

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Hi All,

I am curious if anyone would be interested in doing a contest on any of the following concepts:

1. A singles cruise: that involves island hopping in a scavenger hunt kind of like amazing race but with strangers

2. A high school reunion; I was thinking this could either be where there is one round pre-contest intro where you all would get the extra's bio info and could submit your potential backstory with them or could be a two episode(contest) set up where the first contest would include the senior year of high school then the 2nd contest would be 10(or 20) years later reunion story...

3. A superhero college: where you are the descendant of a known superhero (kinda like Sky High | or could do this same idea with like God's kinda like Percy Jackson | or fairy tale characters like The Descendants) alternatively you could also play a professor at the college

#421 17/04/2020 at 18:02

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

BambiFoxx wrote

Hi All,

I am curious if anyone would be interested in doing a contest on any of the following concepts:

1. A singles cruise: that involves island hopping in a scavenger hunt kind of like amazing race but with strangers

2. A high school reunion; I was thinking this could either be where there is one round pre-contest intro where you all would get the extra's bio info and could submit your potential backstory with them or could be a two episode(contest) set up where the first contest would include the senior year of high school then the 2nd contest would be 10(or 20) years later reunion story...

3. A superhero college: where you are the descendant of a known superhero (kinda like Sky High | or could do this same idea with like God's kinda like Percy Jackson | or fairy tale characters like The Descendants) alternatively you could also play a professor at the college

Honestly I'd be cool with any of these they all sound like they'd be cool, pressed to choose I'd probably choose option 3 mainly because I'm into superheroes and myth and fairy tales and a modern spin on any of them would be great, especially seeing the detail you put into your last contest.

#422 18/04/2020 at 17:56

Fashion’Chatterbox
BearHugs6

BambiFoxx wrote

Hi All,

Option 3 sounds amazing!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ydqokKjBkJV0A/giphy.gif?cid=790b76119a41ac47eeee8fb045c54d2b83b766f9a4bc7cd9&rid=giphy.gif

#423 18/04/2020 at 21:19

Almost'Fashion
MissKiki

BambiFoxx wrote

Hi All,

Option Three sounds super fun!

#424 19/04/2020 at 01:42

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

thanks everyone for the feedback. If I do decide to do it, it will be months and months away since the current calendar extends out until I think August... (if I remember correctly)

#425 22/04/2020 at 03:06

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Hey everyone, if you completed a character claim for Fae-tal Folly and plan on joining (I'll be posting this Thursday/Friday) please send me a PM so I can send you your character secrets and a basic backstory for your character, this will include information that may be helpful moving forward, and will make the overall world the story is set in make more sense while leaving you room to grow your character as the rounds develop. Also as a note the rounds are meant to be episodic so there may be slight time jumps between rounds but you're not supposed to write about anything that happened in the space between rounds.

Pages : 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29