Looking forward to the new contest!

#703 04/01/2024 at 13:50

Too'Fashion
Doddy
They / He / She
Place: Romania

Dare wrote

Looking forward to the new contest!

Same! Maybe this time I’ll participate. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png  /modules/forum/img/smilies/sniff.gif

https://centralvalleypridecenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/community.jpg

#704 05/01/2024 at 01:52

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

Mimira wrote

Lavaeuwood
Map of Nodes

https://i.postimg.cc/PfvRRhbX/Brown-Greenery-Line-Art-Circle-Photography-Logo.gif

Lavaeuwood, Louisiana; a heatwave that summer was nearing its end alike the month of August, 1971. The usual carnival had come and gone, everything was quite normal for a small town.

The story centers around an old witch coven. The coven had origins all the way back from the old caves in the woods, when witches were called medicinal women. You are integrated in the town and sometimes human look but they never catches a glimpse of the magical.

Alongside a few fae are sprinkled in. A history thick like syrup but less sweet and more brittle runs between them and the witches. Most fae choose and find it more comfortable staying beyond the veil in their own realm. The witches hear them sometimes chattering like static noises underneath the music from the radio. With the heatwave they became more frequent and prominent.

OMG when...!?! I am definitely interested and excited to see it come... or has it already lemme look in the sw thread haha... I just jumped right on in and started responding.

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#705 16/02/2024 at 14:03

EmmyAna
❤ Fashionistas are some of the kindest people on the Internet!

Howdy, Fashionistas. Just a quick reminder:
All rules must be followed in your contests. This includes: "Inappropriate or crude language is not allowed in the game forum..." I've spent hours addressing this rule today. Even if you've used whatever term previously, that doesn't mean that it's okay. Please err on the side of caution and/or drop a line in my inbox so we can discuss it.

Thank you for understanding.
Thank you for being here.
I appreciate you.

https://i.imgur.com/wFIb7UH.png

#706 05/03/2024 at 09:37

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Hi everyone!

Do we want to do a contest sometime soon?

Edit: not to be super specific, but something in the universe of Honey & Ruins, if anyone is in the mood for some dystopia-turned-utopia-might-turn-back-again.

Or, if something lighter is in your mind, Hemlock Cove continuity - perhaps in Grace Conservatory?

IDK. If no one is up for anything, that's also cool ))

Last edited by Zaralee (05/03/2024 at 17:37)

#707 06/03/2024 at 06:24

Almost'Fashion
Mimira

Hi!

I am up for it. Hopefully my life is as well!
Sad I missed Honey & Ruins because you know me hahaha! But I’ll be game for whatever.

#708 06/03/2024 at 07:12

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

Hey,

So far life is looking good. And as you know Honey & Ruins was one of my favorite universes, so I would be happy to dive back in.

But Hemlock Cove could be fun too... so basically I'm up for both /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#709 06/03/2024 at 11:07

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Thank you for the feedback, I'm (at least today) leaning to explore the Honey/Ruin universe. This story is a generation or more ahead of the events in 'Honey & Ruins.'

Let's say: "utopia" built on strict rules and the suppression of the past, with young people, despite living in apparent comfort, grow restless and rebellious (read: bored). A mysterious figure emerges, proposing to resurrect remnants of a darker times which they do think are more fun, rather than just...stupid?

My explaining skills have all been wasted on work today, I'm afraid.

Still, that was the idea.

Last edited by Zaralee (06/03/2024 at 11:08)

#710 06/03/2024 at 11:36

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen

I must say that you explained it quite well and I'm definitely intrigued

#711 06/03/2024 at 12:09

Almost'Fashion
Mimira

Apart from being a generally good premise which I can see a plot emerging from, who doesn’t love a little bit of stupidity?

#712 06/03/2024 at 12:56

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Absolutely agreed - what's wrong a with a little bit of stupid, a little bit of not learning from history? /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

I'll keep you posted, thank you for feedback!

#713 08/03/2024 at 14:14

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

I'm back with an update on this still-unnamed contest.
Feedback would be highly appreciated, to know if we'd be into this!
Thank you!

The contest is set in 2098, 50 years after the events of the last Talon’s Loot. Things that took place after it brought a significant change to what was left of the civilization, which shifted very quickly into a highly-controlled society in contrast to the anarchy that took place before. Crimes still exist, of course, but compared to what they used to be, the cost seems to be fitting for the benefits. While displeasure with how things are done exists, it’s very quickly dealt with, surveillance is considered beneficial - and the rise in resources and life standards seems to be keeping people looking elsewhere.

All of it, of course, benefits the elites.

Which is where you come in.

The story is set in an elite boarding school, Avalon Conservatory, somewhere deep in the Rocky Mountains. It’s not your typical teenage boarding school - some of the things got lost in the translation between censorship, incorrect history lessons & more, so you are there. Settled in the safety of this amazing building that is reminiscent of the old glory days (no one is sure which ones, honestly, but it sounds good) & god, you are bored to death.

I mean, you could be, depending on your role, which I believe could be one of the following.

1. You’re part of the elite, one of the 1% even in these conditions. You are a student who attends this prestigious place to build their knowledge further before assuming their already-determined place in the world, or a student whose rhetorics or behaviours have been a faux pas in society & was shipped there to get your priorities straight, or you might just be quite bored & this might have had no other choice.
2. You’re a professor at Avalon Conservatory, not exactly part of the elite, but close enough to benefit from it.
3. (STILL UNDER CONSIDERATION) You are there as a unicorn, basically, someone smart enough to get there on a scholarship that is not supposed to exist at all, but you are there, you are aware of how the world works & you are happy you do not have to fend for yourself outside of it.

Did I mention that while it might be super prestigious, it’s still quite boring? We’ll go from there, after the possible casting.

Now, ages will range from 21 going up, this is not your typical student system either so fields of study will be limited to some very elite choices (for this time), which would be explained in casting (if we get that far).

Edit
There should be space to get tangled with the extras, meaning form some connections - sibling, romantic, friendly - and I've debated between bubble universe or joined universe, but for the sake of this premise to work, you have to coexist (not write together or even work together, hopefully, if you do not want to).

Last edited by Zaralee (08/03/2024 at 15:03)

#714 08/03/2024 at 14:31

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen

I'm intrigued... very much intrigued ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited by schoggettchen (08/03/2024 at 14:31)

#715 08/03/2024 at 18:50

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

This sounds interesting, if all else doesn't fail IRL I would love to be involved.

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#716 08/03/2024 at 18:50

Almost'Fashion
Mimira

Sounds good, sounds cool like I am all here for it!

#717 19/03/2024 at 13:48

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Back!

So, I gathered my characters, I gathered my things and realized I was faced with a weak plot with motivation I did not think was good enough, so I jumped back to the drawing board and I believe the premise will change, going closer to the original setting - without a huge time jump; but with a little bit of difference in the mechanics of it.

For those who'd like to join & have been a part of the first one, I'm wondering if you'd be interested in continuing with your character or new one works for everyone?

It's still under debate (in my mind) if this would be a possibility, or not, so I'm trying to hear your opinion before I make any decisions.

Thanks!

Edit: private chat works, too ))

Last edited by Zaralee (19/03/2024 at 13:49)

#718 19/03/2024 at 14:39

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen

V's story had an end for me... so I'm not too set on him coming back. So I definitely wouldn't mind doing someone new

#719 26/03/2024 at 20:25

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Hi hi! The contest casting is opening tonight! It should be a very, very light role claim to help you jump into this easier without the long search for your characters.

The casting will close on Thursday, so in 2 days, it will immediately turn into a 4-round contest. Each round is 6 days each, ending on April 21st (before my trip).

The official premise would be something along the lines of:

Less than 3 years ago, Gia Boutella fucked over a lot of people when she prevented the end of TL to take place, killing the champion, and going after the heads of the main players & a lot more of the general mess. She's been away since, leaving a vacuum behind, now (trying to be) populated by a new family, new players & a few old faces.

We'll jump into this right there: you are part of this world & like everyone, there's rumours of an old champion coming back to hold the TL. Now, for some it might seem like a good idea. For some, it feels like the bad move back towards where we started. For most, it means you only get a limited amount of time to figure out who's going to plan it & how to get into the game - as a participant or as a sponsor. The clock is ticking.

Try to imagine this as a ladder up - either to climb up the hierarchy, to prove your worth, to get out of the regular living, or make a name for yourself. It can be motivated by greed, by survival, by pride - whatever you wish.

It will not be as task/plot heavy, but rather give you a chance to write your character.

See you soon!

Pages : 1 ... 27 28 29