Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29

#76 18/01/2017 at 00:04

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina
Place: The Forbidden Forest

Harle wrote

I just stumbled upon this, and all of you are veterans at this point, and I'm just a newbie, but I'm so happy that you two are considering more MR contests. Unfortunately, Dare, I saw your contest a bit too late (when round 1 was already closed), but I'm really looking forward to participating in upcoming ones.
As for opinions, Tonkolina, I'm equally amazed by both but the first one sparks my imagination a bit more. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

o.O You're a newbie? Really?
I thought you were a girl from my forum. You have the same style, lol. My bad /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Glad you're into it then. :3 And yeah, I feel more like the first one now, after I binge watched all X-Men and got my mutant fix. xD

https://i.imgur.com/Bqur56u.png

#77 19/01/2017 at 21:11

Totally’Fashion
Harle

Tonkolina wrote

Harle wrote

I just stumbled upon this, and all of you are veterans at this point, and I'm just a newbie, but I'm so happy that you two are considering more MR contests. Unfortunately, Dare, I saw your contest a bit too late (when round 1 was already closed), but I'm really looking forward to participating in upcoming ones.
As for opinions, Tonkolina, I'm equally amazed by both but the first one sparks my imagination a bit more. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

o.O You're a newbie? Really?
I thought you were a girl from my forum. You have the same style, lol. My bad /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Glad you're into it then. :3 And yeah, I feel more like the first one now, after I binge watched all X-Men and got my mutant fix. xD

I call myself a newbie because your contest was the only one I've participated in since MB went down. Be sure to post it here when you open the contest, since I'm subscribed to the topic. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#78 20/01/2017 at 21:48

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

Yeah, sorry, my bad, it seems I misplaced you! /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

But yeah, I decided I'd go with Canticum. Preparing it now and probably will post it soonish :3

#79 20/02/2017 at 03:01

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

I'd just like to take a minute to acknowledge all of the extra design elements that contest hosts put in for MR contests. I just saw the recruit badges Fashion-Chic did for her most recent contest and Holy Awesome are they great; I realized though that they're also a big part of the amazing standard that's been set /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#80 20/02/2017 at 04:42

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

Hello all >.<

I'm a very quiet LaF player but I just really want to say thank you all for putting in your time to create these contests <3
(I actually don't completely understand the idea of "forums" but I definitely enjoy the contests!)
(I hope what I'm writing is relevant and that I'm not breaking any forum rules ahhh)

#81 20/02/2017 at 21:38

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

Dare wrote

I'd just like to take a minute to acknowledge all of the extra design elements that contest hosts put in for MR contests. I just saw the recruit badges Fashion-Chic did for her most recent contest and Holy Awesome are they great; I realized though that they're also a big part of the amazing standard that's been set /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Yeah, I agree.
The design draws people in  /modules/forum/img/smilies/bave.gif
So yeah, it's great that the contests have yet one more element to make them worthwhile <3 and Fashion's badges are really cool.  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/cool.png.

And I'm glad to have yet one more interested party Yukibana. I'm not much of a forum person either, but I love these type of contests.

#82 21/02/2017 at 17:07

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

I'm working on my next multi-round and I have a quick question: As a participant would you be open to claiming a character where the basic parameters have already been defined specifically name, age, basic physical features (e.g. dark skin, brown eyes and long pink hair), basic traits (e.g. stubborn, playful etc.) and role in society BUT where you got to flesh it out via the story each round?

#83 21/02/2017 at 17:17

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋
Place: Netherlands

Dare wrote

I'd just like to take a minute to acknowledge all of the extra design elements that contest hosts put in for MR contests. I just saw the recruit badges Fashion-Chic did for her most recent contest and Holy Awesome are they great; I realized though that they're also a big part of the amazing standard that's been set /libs/php/pun/views/smilies/smile.png

Your absolutely right and I love that we have so much creative people in the world and just a peck that we see on the forum I find amazing

#WORLDISCREATIVITY

Dare wrote

I'm working on my next multi-round and I have a quick question: As a participant would you be open to claiming a character where the basic parameters have already been defined specifically name, age, basic physical features (e.g. dark skin, brown eyes and long pink hair), basic traits (e.g. stubborn, playful etc.) and role in society BUT where you got to flesh it out via the story each round?

oeh not only does this sound interesting but I would be down because it would be something different too /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by NinaJones (21/02/2017 at 17:20)

#84 21/02/2017 at 17:46

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

NinaJones wrote

oeh not only does this sound interesting but I would be down because it would be something different too /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

I hope other people feel the way you do and to clarify considering these contests on average seem to get fewer than 10 contestants I'd be sure to make sure there were at least 20 character profiles but they'd be on a first come first served basis.

#85 21/02/2017 at 18:47

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Dare wrote

NinaJones wrote

I hope other people feel the way you do and to clarify considering these contests on average seem to get fewer than 10 contestants I'd be sure to make sure there were at least 20 character profiles but they'd be on a first come first served basis.

/modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/smile.gif that sounds fair enough or like what tonks did in in Canticum with numbers can be a surprise for contestant too but only idea /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#86 21/02/2017 at 20:20

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

NinaJones wrote

gh or like what tonks did in in Canticum with numbers can be a surprise for contestant too but only idea /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

I'm going to go for it with the next MR and see how players respond /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#87 21/02/2017 at 21:30

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Dare wrote

NinaJones wrote

gh or like what tonks did in in Canticum with numbers can be a surprise for contestant too but only idea /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

I'm going to go for it with the next MR and see how players respond /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

/vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png I will surely join.

#88 21/02/2017 at 21:45

Fashion’Plus
Tonkolina

I'm up for it, I always like surprises /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Weirdly enough, I like them even more when they are not as positive as I'd think them to be xD I'm a masochist in some weird way /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#89 21/02/2017 at 21:59

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

I like any MR's as long as there's a plot involved. Numbers sound great and I like the idea of surprises! But I'll be in for any MR's with story writing /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#90 21/02/2017 at 23:28

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Tonkolina wrote

I'm up for it, I always like surprises /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Weirdly enough, I like them even more when they are not as positive as I'd think them to be xD I'm a masochist in some weird way /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Awesome.

I think the surprises being double ended is always a bit more interesting too.

I have to start coming up with characters now /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#91 20/03/2017 at 19:44

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

For those of you who participated in "The Ports of Magera" contest, any thoughts on the character claim as opposed to character creation e.g. would you enter another contest like it, was it difficult to follow. did you feel constricted creatively etc.?

#92 21/03/2017 at 07:54

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

The Ports of Magera

The contest for me was at the last confusing so didn't have a concrete plan what to write so just wrote something to be done with it which isn't what I indented to do so sorry for that but I did like that you came up with the characters claim just didn't expect the contest concept for me to be so hard to gasp. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/neutral.png  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#93 21/03/2017 at 19:38

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

NinaJones wrote

The Ports of Magera

The contest for me was at the last confusing so didn't have a concrete plan what to write so just wrote something to be done with it which isn't what I indented to do so sorry for that but I did like that you came up with the characters claim just didn't expect the contest concept for me to be so hard to gasp. /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/neutral.png  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

I'm sorry that there were elements that were confusing. Was it just the last round that was off in some way or were their other aspects?

I think that part of the issue may have been that the characters created weren't necessarily the types of characters that players would create for themselves. While it was easy to follow in the introductory round it seems to have gotten more difficult as the rounds went forward because instead of acting on your own instinct you needed to put yourself in the mindset of a character I created e.g. your character was presented as scatterbrained in round 1, but that seemed to be forgotten in the later rounds. This isn't to say that the stories weren't good because they were, they just didn't seem to be from the perspective of the character you chose.

#94 21/03/2017 at 20:36

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Dare wrote

NinaJones wrote

The Ports of Magera

I'm sorry that there were elements that were confusing. Was it just the last round that was off in some way or were their other aspects?

I think that part of the issue may have been that the characters created weren't necessarily the types of characters that players would create for themselves. While it was easy to follow in the introductory round it seems to have gotten more difficult as the rounds went forward because instead of acting on your own instinct you needed to put yourself in the mindset of a character I created e.g. your character was presented as scatterbrained in round 1, but that seemed to be forgotten in the later rounds. This isn't to say that the stories weren't good because they were, they just didn't seem to be from the perspective of the character you chose.

You may be right I tried to be Violet with her personality and power but didn't feel like I had the opportunity to do that and get easily distracted when I can't focus on the storyline and maybe I also I couldn't grasp the port concept as I wanted to had an idea how I wanted to write (I thought it would be witches in future/ guild some combat with rare animals but it was entirly different) So the more the rounds went on the more confused I got that at the last round I just wrote something down which isn't cool for you.

#95 22/03/2017 at 16:18

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

NinaJones wrote

You may be right I tried to be Violet with her personality and power but didn't feel like I had the opportunity to do that and get easily distracted when I can't focus on the storyline and maybe I also I couldn't grasp the port concept as I wanted to had an idea how I wanted to write (I thought it would be witches in future/ guild some combat with rare animals but it was entirly different) So the more the rounds went on the more confused I got that at the last round I just wrote something down which isn't cool for you.

You bring up an interesting point when you note that you had an idea about what you wanted to write and the contest didn't match that. As a host I apologize for not being clearer in the fist post. I didn't want to give away too many details, but being vague put you and the other contestants in a position where you didn't know what to expect. This gives me something to think about for the next contest.

#96 23/03/2017 at 01:51

Notso’Fashion
Yukibana-Haruna

Dare wrote

For those of you who participated in "The Ports of Magera" contest, any thoughts on the character claim as opposed to character creation e.g. would you enter another contest like it, was it difficult to follow. did you feel constricted creatively etc.?

For me it's just the story-writing part that I think is a little challenging. I think it's mostly because it's not a character participants created themselves so it's harder to write adhering to their personalities? The rest I thought was easy to follow.

#97 23/03/2017 at 13:34

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Yukibana-Haruna wrote

For me it's just the story-writing part that I think is a little challenging. I think it's mostly because it's not a character participants created themselves so it's harder to write adhering to their personalities? The rest I thought was easy to follow.

This makes a lot of sense and so I may try another character claim which allows players more input personality wise with the characters.

#98 25/03/2017 at 05:41

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Quick question: How would you feel about round previews in multi-round contests? I'm thinking something in the first post that gives you some idea of the direction without giving away all the details for all of the upcoming rounds. I think if they're put in spoilers the players who wanted to read them could, and the players who didn't could ignore them.

Sample

#99 25/03/2017 at 18:23

Fashion'SuperHero
NinaJones
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋❋

Dare wrote

Quick question: How would you feel about round previews in multi-round contests? I'm thinking something in the first post that gives you some idea of the direction without giving away all the details for all of the upcoming rounds. I think if they're put in spoilers the players who wanted to read them could, and the players who didn't could ignore them.

Sample

Oeh nice idea I vote pro /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#100 25/03/2017 at 19:37

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

NinaJones wrote

Dare wrote

Sample

Oeh nice idea I vote pro /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Thanks /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

I'll try it in my next MR contest and see how it goes.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29