Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29

#576 06/03/2022 at 21:23

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Hi everyone!

I hope to host a murder mystery contest sometime in the close future, and I would love to have a casting (claim) set up soon. Right now, it's imagined to be a very straightforward whodunnit one-shot contest, a murder mystery set in a splendid English countryside mansion, without supernatural elements to it.

Pre-set relationships, and character sheets delivered to be expanded by you. I'll borrow from Dare's playbook to set it up so it's episodic and follows a specific timeline.

So, if you're interested, let me know - post, message, whatever - so I can get an estimate of the number of people that might join.

Thanks,
S

#577 07/03/2022 at 15:11

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

As always whether or not I can actually play along will be dependent on work but this sounds like a good time to me; count me in.

#578 08/03/2022 at 14:40

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Happy to hear it, Dare!

I'm toying with some ideas and versions, but right now I aim to host in April.

Another note I was curious to see if anyone (I am not already chatting with) had an opinion on was: would you be open to being the killer(s)?

Setting the logistics aside for a wild moment (possible people dropping out), it might be fun being the culprit here. At least, to me, but I would like to hear other opinions.

EDIT: whoever might be interested in participating, check this for a short second & give me your opinion!

Last edited by Zaralee (08/03/2022 at 16:38)

#579 27/03/2022 at 12:21

Totally’Fashion
Jadis
Place: The Half-light

Hi! Been a bit since I've poked my head into this thread.

I wanted to do a quick interest check so I can adjust properly: I know I usually do urban fantasy things, but would anyone be interested in a spot of high-fantasy romp? I'm setting this in a weird mash-up world of Art Deco, magic, and steampunk(?) mixed through with a healthy dose of winter and glamour. Yes, I'm planning ball gowns. No, I don't plan on having eldritch beings trying to get through and drive people mad, I promise.

I'm not going to do a casting either: the plan is to get stuck in through all five rounds in one go, and with luck the story will get to its end. This will likely take place... eventually. Definitely after Sanja's Wolf of Winterbrook. So let me know, or if it's a terrible idea also let me know.

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/92/6c4aduaD_o.png

#580 03/04/2022 at 11:18

Almost'Fashion
MissKiki

Jadis wrote

I wanted to do a quick interest check so I can adjust properly: I know I usually do urban fantasy things, but would anyone be interested in a spot of high-fantasy romp? I'm setting this in a weird mash-up world of Art Deco, magic, and steampunk(?) mixed through with a healthy dose of winter and glamour. Yes, I'm planning ball gowns. No, I don't plan on having eldritch beings trying to get through and drive people mad, I promise.

I'm not going to do a casting either: the plan is to get stuck in through all five rounds in one go, and with luck the story will get to its end. This will likely take place... eventually. Definitely after Sanja's Wolf of Winterbrook. So let me know, or if it's a terrible idea also let me know.

Seems interesting to me!

#581 04/04/2022 at 12:18

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Jadis wrote

My schedule has been hectic, I completely missed this!

Yes, as you already know, I am interested /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Also, gonna take this occasion to announce I will most likely open the contest tomorrow or on Wednesday (when I return from another business trip).

#582 26/05/2022 at 16:09

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Once VanDrake Academy wraps I won't be able to host or join any contests for a while (my niece is coming to stay with me for the summer and in limiting her screen time I need to limit mine as well) but I wanted to toss out a couple of ideas for when I'm back in the swing of things so here goes:

Regarding general game mechanics:
How would you feel about "hints" for how to interact with extras being provided. These would be provided in spoiler boxes  so they'd be available for those who wanted them and avoidable for those who didn't.

Example:

If you want to get to know X better

If you want to antagonize X

Regarding contest ideas:
This may be controversial because I know how much time you put into your characters but would any of you be open to a "Freaky Friday" type contest where, for reasons, a pair of writers would need to swap characters for a portion of a round in order to do a small task or have an interaction? I just think it could be interesting to see the ways different contestants played off of each others characters.

#583 27/05/2022 at 09:54

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Dare wrote

Once VanDrake Academy wraps I won't be able to host or join any contests for a while (my niece is coming to stay with me for the summer and in limiting her screen time I need to limit mine as well) but I wanted to toss out a couple of ideas for when I'm back in the swing of things so here goes:

How would you feel about "hints" for how to interact with extras being provided. These would be provided in spoiler boxes  so they'd be available for those who wanted them and avoidable for those who didn't.

Example:

Regarding contest ideas:
This may be controversial because I know how much time you put into your characters but would any of you be open to a "Freaky Friday" type contest where, for reasons, a pair of writers would need to swap characters for a portion of a round in order to do a small task or have an interaction? I just think it could be interesting to see the ways different contestants played off of each others characters.

Hi!

Have fun during nice time!

And, of course - I like the contest idea a lot, it could be a great challenge, sort of like a writing exercise (and I say this in the best possible way)!

Count me in (of course, if my timeline works out) /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#584 27/05/2022 at 13:10

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

Dare wrote

Example:

Regarding contest ideas:

Always interested in interesting new concepts. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

The logistics of the Freaky Friday idea sound quite daunting but I'd love to see how you'd try to make it work.

Piggybacking on Zara - "count me in"

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#585 27/05/2022 at 18:33

Totally’Fashion
tricole

Dare wrote

Example:

Regarding contest ideas:

As for the first, I'm sure that could be cool.

As for the second, swapping whole characters, I'll be honest, would be a bit of a nightmarish prospect to me and not really the kind of challenge I'd be excited for. Now, something more freaky friday like body swapping, writing my character in the body of another writer, having to deal with their shit etc. that is something I would be down for.

Hava great summer!

#586 02/06/2022 at 11:31

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Hi! Since there are some gaps in the calendar, I wanted to host something fun based on this old idea I had written down like pre-covid times.

The premise is:

A Game of Honey & Ruins wrote

It’s the middle of 2048, the riot-ridden planet is about to get into the apocalyptic mode, and the best way to earn money and get access to those safest areas, water, food and wealth is the dirty work for the elite - and the elite has gotten as dirty, corrupt and foul as it can get. Even though assassins aren’t at the top of this chain, they are a valued part of this order.

In your world, security is a rare commodity & ongoing contracts for any jobs are not given easily. However, if you’re good enough, you might get invited to compete in Talon’s Loot, a competition that happens every three years, a prestigious competition for the best assassins of their time. Summer is almost over and the TL should begin, but the invitations are not sent out & the reigning winner is nowhere to be found.

The idea started simple enough: you're an assassin competing at the TL, more or less. So, I'm curious to see if anyone is interested in participating before I dive deeper into this pit (to comfort myself after I finish writing Carmen).

I imagine having time to host casting next week, and then the contest after 18th.

#587 02/06/2022 at 16:14

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Zaralee wrote

Hi! Since there are some gaps in the calendar, I wanted to host something fun based on this old idea I had written down like pre-covid times.

The premise is:

It’s the middle of 2048, the riot-ridden planet is about to get into the apocalyptic mode, and the best way to earn money and get access to those safest areas, water, food and wealth is the dirty work for the elite - and the elite has gotten as dirty, corrupt and foul as it can get. Even though assassins aren’t at the top of this chain, they are a valued part of this order.

In your world, security is a rare commodity & ongoing contracts for any jobs are not given easily. However, if you’re good enough, you might get invited to compete in Talon’s Loot, a competition that happens every three years, a prestigious competition for the best assassins of their time. Summer is almost over and the TL should begin, but the invitations are not sent out & the reigning winner is nowhere to be found.

The idea started simple enough: you're an assassin competing at the TL, more or less. So, I'm curious to see if anyone is interested in participating before I dive deeper into this pit (to comfort myself after I finish writing Carmen).

I imagine having time to host casting next week, and then the contest after 18th.

I'd 11/10 read this book so my interest is definitely piqued; I have a small human I'm caring for on top of regular work so I may not be able to write as much as I'd like but I'm in.

#588 02/06/2022 at 16:33

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Zaralee wrote

The premise is:

I'm certainly in, look forward to what this all entails.

#589 03/06/2022 at 14:57

Totally’Fashion
Claukiin
Place: ♥ El Gerber

https://i.imgur.com/qjMNQqL.png

Yesterday I saw a video of Mario Sunshine and it made me very nostalgic :´)

https://i.imgur.com/IUej0VV.png

https://i.imgur.com/ddkgSyK.png

Subscribe to El Gerber on Youtube
https://i.imgur.com/Eyy3FvP.gif

#590 03/06/2022 at 22:54

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Thank you for the feedback - I'll try to get the casting up next week, and hopefully host it /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Until then  - and totally inspired by some questions, I'm leaving an inspiration board for the neon-noir universe  here.

Last edited by Zaralee (03/06/2022 at 23:14)

#591 08/06/2022 at 22:27

Fashion’Talker
Sapho
Place: Amore amore lieto disonore

KinnPorsche la Forte

Hello nistas !

I wondered if there are other fans of the series in this thread, and if
it would be a good suggestion for a Multi Round Contest or a Story Writing ( though I haven't read the novel in English yet. There are also hundreds of fan fics online).

I'm currently celebrating the World press event of June the 7th by wearing an outfit and hairstyle  that's a direct hommage to Apo -Nattawin.
https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/77/moy/61452.jpg https://photo.likeafashionista.com/gb/1/77/moy/61453.jpg

Last edited by Sapho (09/06/2022 at 18:34)

https://photo.ma-bimbo.com/fr/29/14462/moy/11569068.jpg

#592 09/06/2022 at 00:30

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Sapho wrote

KinnPorsche la Forte

Hello nistas !

it would be a good suggestion for a Multi Round Contest or a Story Writing ( though I haven't read the novel in English yet. There are also hundreds of fan fics online).

I'm currently celebrating the World press event of June the 7th by wearing an outfit and hairstyle  that's a direct hommage to Apo -Nattawin.

I've never heard of the series BUT that personally isn't a deterrent for me in terms of a contest as long as when you're hosting you're willing to provide some background so I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.

#593 09/06/2022 at 00:35

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Sapho wrote

KinnPorsche la Forte

Hello nistas !

Hiya Sapho,

I personally had never heard of the series before your post but took a peek at the plot and am interested & curious about how you would arrange it for a SWC. Were you thinking of making something bodyguard-related or mafia-related or both?

Creating a themed outfit contest in the MRC thread could be interesting as well but a completely different job to tackle versus the story writing format.

#594 09/06/2022 at 22:16

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

**Moriarty Society Update**

For those of you who've been inducted into the Moriarty Society (as well as those who may be seeking a place once the contest opens) I wanted to provide an update because the parameters for this one are slightly different than the contests we normally have in the SWC forum.

First, while the contest will be moving in a linear fashion in a single world every round will be its own mystery.

Second, you'll all be working on the same mystery each round but you'll each have your own portion of the mystery to solve based on individual riddles or logic puzzles. Whether or not you all solve your individual portions will impact the impressions moving forward.

Third, there will be two sets of impressions per round. There will be a group impression and impressions for each of your characters and they will either reward you (if the mystery was solved) or provide an obstacle (if the mystery wasn't solved).

Fourth, you will not always have the opportunity to choose which of the extras you receive impressions from, instead these impressions will be based on 1) who inducted you into the Moriarty society in the first place and 2) how you personally performed in the round.

#595 14/06/2022 at 04:00

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

COMING SOON

https://i.gyazo.com/a8d8c84bcf3824ed01af9f5a4c78208f.png

You are cordially (or insistently as it might be) invited to make your presence seen at the Court of Versailles circa 1672, the grand residence of The Sun King himself, Louis XIV. Because let’s face it… if you don’t live inside the gilded cage, you don’t count. Be prepared for a whirlwind of extravagant parties, luxurious balls, games of chance, and a world of court intrigue (should you like). Where etiquette reigns supreme and affairs of the flesh are spectator sports. Come for the marriage market, royal favors, and prestige, or to experience the entertainment capital of aristocratic Europe. It is a world of splendor and magnificence… destine to establish his reign as one of the greatest generations of cultural and industrial advancements; among them being our obsession with fashion.

(This contest will be based on an Alternate Reality as many of the people, places, and events will be fabricated and/or occur outside of the natural timeline. There are no restrictions to adhere to known history such as relationships & events, only that you adhere to the 17th-century theme and what may have been natural behaviors of that time)

Estimated to begin at the end of July-August following the completion of A Game of Honey & Ruin

#596 11/08/2022 at 07:52

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

A Game of Honey & Ruins update

Given the contest was cut short and never finished, I am hoping to give you the chance to wrap up your storylines in the last two rounds. I aim to open the last two rounds on August 25th, before the Moriarty Society starts.

#597 11/08/2022 at 17:26

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

UPDATED Update about "The Moriarty Society"

"The Moriarty Society" will be coming after "A Game of Honey & Ruins"

1.You may use the character you created for the character claim or create a new one This contest has undergone a lot of changes since it was initially conceptualized and it's been ages since the character claim so I don't want anyone to feel like they have to hold onto a previously constructed character.

2.This contest is both episodic and cooperative If you've played in my worlds before you know what I mean by episodic; this is a another one of those contests where if you don't keep up your character will be left behind as the story moves on. The cooperative bit is new though. As your characters are all members of the same clandestine organize you'll need to work together in ways you haven't been required to before. You'll all be given a part of the round mystery to solve and your collective answers will determine how much information you have moving forward. The more information you're able to gather in the first four rounds the better change you'll have in round 5.

3.The extras are basically NPCs This is something I've gone back and forth on because I know that a big part of these contests is relationship building but I also firmly believe that for this particular contest to work as intended with the contestants having the best chance of solving the final mystery that it makes more sense for my paper people to take a more reduced role. To be clear your character WILL be able to interact with the extras and those interactions WILL lead to consequences or rewards BUT those interactions will be much more strictly guided AND you'd be advised to pay attention to any hints provided. For example rather than placing your characters in an open environment where mingling is encouraged (something that's commonplace in swc's and works amazingly well for romance and drama), your character may be instructed to go to a particular location and decide which of 2-3 extras to approach for more information about the round mystery or something similar (think of this a similar to a CYOA set up in that you'll be given an option in terms of the extras and then options about how to engage). These extras may or may not be honest with you, they may double cross you, or they may provide you with clues you didn't have before (and in some cases you won't be informed until the start of the next round) and while such interactions are brief they're designed to propel the story forward (even in instances where they knock your contestants backwards). Also because this isn't a romance per see you're not going to be selecting interests, various members of the Moriarty society will reveal themselves each round with some recurring and others showing up once and never again.

4.Even with the extras being NPCs and showing up as needed writing a story is still possible Your character will (hopefully) still have emotions and ideas, there will still be in world things that have to be accomplished, and there will be mini mysteries to work on each round. Maybe this won't lend itself to novellas of content but I think it can still work.

5. Every round you'll be given the option of what type of puzzle you want to solve as an individual This will be on a first come, first served basis so I'm not designing and redesigning puzzles but in general you'll be asked to solve riddles or logic puzzles or find differences in what at first glace may appear to be the same scene or solve cyphers.

If you have questions please ask.

#598 31/08/2022 at 00:02

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Hi, quickly jumping in with a few ideas and seeking your opinion.

Here are a few things I would like to host, and would like to hear if any of these might be a good form of escapism for the upcoming months /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

All The Violent Delights

Sons of the Twice Born

Diamonds, Ballrooms, Scandals and Rakes

(unnamed contest)

Overwhelming amount of stuff, I know, I was in a mood for it.

Last edited by Zaralee (11/09/2022 at 14:04)

#599 31/08/2022 at 00:46

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

Zaralee, can we have all? XD

Seriously, I love all four contest ideas but if I really had to choose, I would love to either see Sons of the Twice Born or Diamonds, Ballrooms, Scandals and Rakes.

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#600 31/08/2022 at 04:03

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

All good ideas and will definitely work to find the time to join any of them if you decide to go ahead with any.

In order of preference:
GoT themed
Diamonds, Ballrooms, Scandals, and Rakes | Sons of the Twice Born
All the Violent Delights

Pages : 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29