Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29

#526 10/02/2021 at 10:24

Totally’Fashion
tricole

Since I’m known for my slowness of formulating my thoughts, hello, this might come a bit late.

So, I think we have agreed on that we don’t want a set recipe for how the hosts should organise their stories. Whether you want to add an extra round, use a character claim or a simple casting for the upcoming contest – in the end it is up to the host. But I feel like it’s most important that we can share our thoughts – especially if it is revealed to be an experience that more than one writer share. In case of the 6 round contests, if you as a host want to have six rounds, consider why. Is it necessary for the story you are telling or can it be organised in a different way, are the pros outweighing potential cons the contestants experience, etc.

Concerning the ‘unpopular opinion’, it align with my own. The way I see it the snippets and extra information is not necessarily the problem. The problem is if the providing of them takes precedence and thereby takes

Dare wrote

away from the stories that the contestants are writing OR in some cases strips them of their agency or centralizes extras.

Here I quote Dare because I thought she to put words to something I’ve felt myself but have not found managed to formulate for myself in the past. (And if I quoted you wrongly Dare, please say so.)

I find myself unable to explain my thoughts other than through my own experience to bear with me. What makes me enjoy SWCs are
1)    an engaging premise – which in my opinion we’ve had many over the last year
2)    the time to write creatively – this concerns my own private time/time management and the time given by the host, by providing necessary information, such as impression, in a relatively timely fashion.
And lastly and actually the point concerning what I was speaking of,
3)    to have my story be seen and for it to matter. That what I’m giving my heart and energy to write actually means something to the narrative. That if I try with my writing to engage and make an impact on the extras, it reflects in their actions or development, and/or on the story that is told going forward.
Invite me to be apart of a story like that, I’ll be as happy as a clam, hell, I’ll be ecstatic, which I think you know. The black and white opposite of this, however, is if the host get wrapped up in providing their own information, characters and story. If I engage to be apart of a story but find my writing, my addition to the story unnecessary in the eyes of the host, Yes! then I lose my agency and most defiantly my enjoyment and interest. That to say, I don’t think it’s intentional on the side of the host. Have I enjoyed snippets because they are informative, give flesh to the world build, are funny and amusing, etc? Yes! Have I experienced snippets/information that rather close of characters and events, which in turn alienate me/my character from the story? Yes! Now those were a lot of words and reality is a greyscale, not solely black and white. I don’t wish to point blame or agitate anyone, I just hope my perspective can still come across and be taken into consideration – as always that is all I can ask. I think we all can benefit from asking ourselves why we want to tell stories. Perhaps to sum it up: it doesn’t have to do with a hosting-style but with the hosts view of the contestant’s part in the story.

About multiple seasons I think it’s all too soon rule the format as unpopular or not functioning in the frame of LaF, I do think it can be a great way to tell an epic story or just revisiting a world that has been enjoyed in a previous contest, and I’m open to keeping they way it is, Creative Arts section, or finding a potentially finding another way for it, if it’s not to complicated to get there. I find myself just wanting to clarify my bringing up the topic, which was solely from a narrative standpoint. While I stand by my opinion – I would never claim it to be the gospel truth, I can only ask you to consider it. Narrative storytelling is an art and a skillset, to which it’s possible to develop and evolve – in order to tell better stories. But if it is believed to be an issue with the host’s and contestants’ vision of the contest are not correlating perhaps it is a small fix to clarify that the conflict of the story spans over more than one season. A fix in part at least.

#527 21/02/2021 at 15:43

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

And now for something not completely different:

Real life has been awful lately so would everyone be okay with heading back to Kensington after the next bit of Hemlock Cove since Tudors has been postponed? I didn't think I'd be up to it, but I need the distraction.

#528 21/02/2021 at 15:45

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Dare wrote

Real life has been awful lately so would everyone be okay with heading back to Kensington after the next bit of Hemlock Cove since Tudors has been postponed? I didn't think I'd be up to it, but I need the distraction.

Definitely!!

Hope everything's okay <3

#529 21/02/2021 at 15:48

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

Dare wrote

I am up for it. Is Misty posting Obsidian's continuation in March or April? It doesn't have an exact time frame so I guess see which she is thinking but otherwise I'm excited to write again, lol I literally just caught up on my R1 of Hemlock this week so I'm revving to go for R2 there /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#530 21/02/2021 at 16:25

Totally’Fashion
tricole

Dare wrote

Count me in!

#531 21/02/2021 at 16:34

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Oh! Looking forward to returning to Kensington so much, feels like coming back home!

Also, super sorry for the delay, will try to post everything tonight

#532 22/02/2021 at 04:20

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

EDITED

BambiFoxx wrote

I am up for it. Is Misty posting Obsidian's continuation in March or April? It doesn't have an exact time frame so I guess see which she is thinking but otherwise I'm excited to write again, lol I literally just caught up on my R1 of Hemlock this week so I'm revving to go for R2 there /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

Okay so how about I didn't even check the calendar (totally my fault, I just made assumptions because I knew Tudors was being delayed) BUT I did reach out to Misty and she's being awesome so we'll see what comes next and whether it's another bit of Kensinton or more Obsidian's Curse it's going to be great.

Last edited by Dare (22/02/2021 at 14:59)

#533 22/02/2021 at 15:04

Almost'Fashion
MistyMisty

Dare wrote

Okay so how about I didn't even check the calendar (totally my fault, I just made assumptions because I knew Tudors was being delayed) BUT I did reach out to Misty and based on her response I'm not even going to think about Kensington until May but I can make no promises I'll be able to put it up then so we'll all see one way or another in a couple of months.

Oh, did you not want to swap? I'm not sure what you got out of my response, but I simply slotted in OC season 2 during the 2 month stale period after HC and before Kensington. I did offer you the slot, though? So I'm a little confused on why you won't think about Kensington until May?

#534 01/03/2021 at 03:47

Almost'Fashion
MistyMisty

Hi guys, I wanted to start OC s2 sometime during this week, but I have halted the preparations since there was an agreement on switching contests timeslots. If any of the contests are delayed, please understand that there is some communication untangling that needs to happen so that the contests can run smoothly.

Update: So OC will be happening after Kensington and HC3! I'm so excited to prepare for the new season and hope to see y'all there

Last edited by MistyMisty (03/03/2021 at 04:13)

#535 14/03/2021 at 23:01

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

Hey guys! So a while back (okay, it was 2017) I posted a couple of contest ideas including this one:

FashionChic wrote

THE ROOM where characters awake to find themselves locked in a room and must escape.

Recently I've been thinking about hosting again, and was wondering what you guys think of this idea? It'd need a lot of planning and I'd only host it when I knew I could 1000% commit but what do you guys think?

Of course, I'm completely open to other ideas if you think this one sucks /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (14/03/2021 at 23:01)

#536 15/03/2021 at 02:16

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Fashion-Chic wrote

Hey guys! So a while back (okay, it was 2017) I posted a couple of contest ideas including this one:

FashionChic wrote

THE ROOM where characters awake to find themselves locked in a room and must escape.

Recently I've been thinking about hosting again, and was wondering what you guys think of this idea? It'd need a lot of planning and I'd only host it when I knew I could 1000% commit but what do you guys think?

Of course, I'm completely open to other ideas if you think this one sucks /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

I'm sure I would love to participate when/if you host...

#537 16/03/2021 at 10:34

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Agreed!

#538 19/03/2021 at 16:10

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Hi guys! I'll probably open the new round of Hemlock Cove tonight (during the night because who needs sleep, right?), and I've been playing with some ideas about the contests, so let me put this down here, to hear your opinions /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

1. I've been wanting to explore the town of Hemlock Cove a bit more, with another plotline, this time inserting tiers of involvement (something like Dare did with her Orion Mission), you'll get to claim your character depending on how much time plot you wish to have. For example, if you want to be deep in the plot, you'll go for tier 1 character which is centralized part of the main story. But, if you wish to have your person only slightly influenced by the plot points while you have fun with some love, relationship and such things and extras, you'll go for tier 3. Hope it made sense. This story I had in mind would involve a bit more mystery and possibly a whodunnit bit.

2. Okay, lemme try to English this out properly. I have no name for this, yet. Set in some kind of fantasy/supernatural version of Earth, mythology and fantasy combined. You get to play the same character through various seasons through reincarnations (if you wish) which all take place in different timelines (Victorian, for starters). I'm still playing with the concept and will continue to do so if there are people interested. The idea for reincarnation was something along the lines of: the same character, born again in a different body, similar personality, with little to no recollection of previous relationships and lives.

3. Falling back on on the very rushed/weird last season of The 100, I'd love to play with that concept of dystopian future, The 100-esque contest, but developing on the thing should there be interest of writing it.

4. Asides from those three ideas, I'm planning continuing Empire of Shadows, wrapping up the plot & narrative, possibly with a short intermission type of contest (two rounds) for newcomers, and to play with the remains of last season. Tudors is also going to be handled, you get to write your happy (or semi-happy, as you wish) endings and we get to spend a bit time in the world where Henry is dead, but Anne is left alive.

So, this has been a lot. Looking forward to some feedback!

Last edited by Zaralee (19/03/2021 at 16:11)

#539 19/03/2021 at 20:47

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

Zaralee

1. The tiers idea sounds like fun... especially for someone like me who is trying to get back to writing after the break

2. You had me at reincarnation... I'm definitely intrigued by your basic idea. It will be interesting to see how you plan it all out in the end.

3. Can't say much to this since I never watched The 100

4. You already know that I'm on board for continuing Empire of Shadows (Nad's story needs to be wrapped up) and Tudors too (still plan on introducing Valerie)

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#540 19/03/2021 at 23:16

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Zaralee wrote

So, this has been a lot. Looking forward to some feedback!

Look forward to seeing how these all play out. I have watched some of The 100 but not the last season, so no clue how strange it got, curious to see what you have in mind. Raven definitely left on a cliffhanger in EoS so that will be fun... I'm so shocked by Henry/Anne and have NO clue how you plan on unwinding that but I'm all for alternate realities!! Reincarnated life (like Schogg says) sounds like such fun! You have soooo many ideas, I don't know how you keep them all straight in your head.

#541 21/03/2021 at 12:25

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Hi all, just wanted to post a bit of an update here...

I have (finally) spent enough time with my story concept to be able to present a gist of what is planned...

Story Name: Cruel Comfort

This is an anti-hero dark romance story where you are a new initiate to Mass Acres, an elite boarding and training academy for the next generation of established crime families. Here, you may find yourself in a world of questionable morals with an element of the forbidden or taboo, navigating treacheries or conspiracies that could alter everything you thought you knew. It may or may not lead you into the arms of someone that is absolutely nothing like you or far too accepting of who you may become. Will there be redemption or is the world perfectly thrilling as is? We will soon find out...

Your Role: Wealthy young adult heir to one of the world's elite criminal syndicates (there are 12 of them in this world)

I'd like to roll out a casting round soonish... in the first available 3-5 day 'free time block on the calendar, then to have the actual contest premiere at some point in the next few months (June'ish I am guessing at this time based on the current line-up on the calendar). But the roll-out will depend heavily on the casting completion, so will know better once that is done. 

I certainly welcome feedback, critiques, and/or any questions you may have until then.

Thanks!

#542 21/03/2021 at 13:11

Totally’Fashion
tricole

BambiFoxx wrote

Hi all, just wanted to post a bit of an update here...

I have (finally) spent enough time with my story concept to be able to present a gist of what is planned...

Story Name: Cruel Comfort

You already know I'm excited for it!

#543 21/03/2021 at 15:28

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

BambiFoxx

You know that I'm excited as well!  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#544 23/03/2021 at 13:48

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Good to see there's interest!

Honestly, I've been toying with the idea of having this type of contest for a while, and it would include parts of mythology, parts of folklore and such: there's Poseidon in the game, and some Nereids, toying with the idea of werewolves and I have Dracula in mind, as well as some literally figures and historic figures that have been quite well known. It still needs a bit of polishing, but I am quite excited to host this (far too excited, probably).

And then, Hemlock Cove has this Gilmore Girl/Everwood/Midsommer feel to it, so I'd love to throw in some murder into the mix, and bring more Cove people (Covians?) into it, including some who have been mentioned in this instalment (Lan Anwar, the mayor Sarah, etc.). And tiers would be there just in case you feel you might not have the time you pick up on someone who is not quite as crucial to information circulation.
One more fun thing I do love about HC, is kinda stepping into characters that are normally 21+, is it just me?

Also,  I mentioned this to her privately, but once again: looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us, BambiFoxx!

#545 28/03/2021 at 08:55

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Hi all!

Just a quick update. Misty is planning to open up season 2 of OC on Friday (or Saturday but think Friday) of this week and has agreed that I could throw up my casting today ahead of her. So within the next couple of hours I will have that posted and it will run until about Wednesday this week.

I hope this isn't a lot of inconvenience for anyone. Casting is not mandatory to join the contest when it premieres later, but it will help me organize the opening a bit better. It also should not require too much effort.

Thanks, will be up within a couple of hours.

#546 02/04/2021 at 13:04

Almost'Fashion
MistyMisty

Hey guys! Obsidian's Curse is set to open on Saturday at 22:00 forum time!! I'm so so excited to start this and I cannot wait to see old players and meet new ones!!!!
I'm going to add in more details soon, but if you have any questions do DM me.

#547 20/05/2021 at 08:58

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Hi all!

We are getting so near to the release of Cruel Comfort and I am super excited.

So excited that I have thrown together a little sneak peek at the ladies and gentlemen that will be joining you at the Academy. Some of them are returning students or rather Apprentices, while others as new as you... Initiates.

https://i.gyazo.com/2e7e0b80735e8cc9c21cf6aa53d997e9.png

If you're interested in additional details about your classmates, I may be persuaded to offer a spoiler or two... if the price/vice is right... muahahaha!

The staff, however, are still lurking in the shadows, preparing the curriculum for their upcoming classes but they certainly are looking forward to your attendance.

As of right now, I am estimating that I may start hosting around the 2nd week in June, depending on the start date of Hemlock Coves' next installation and a character claim for another contest that will happen before I open up.

Also, if there is anyone that would object to my using their family members, businesses, and/or background towards the overall plot (perhaps you have a specific idea in mind for the direction of your family/business) please let me know.

Feel free to let me know if you have additional information you would like to add regarding your character before we open up or if you have any other questions.

Thanks /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#548 20/05/2021 at 17:59

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

So about these spoilers...how do I get one...or two?

#549 20/05/2021 at 20:19

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Dare wrote

So about these spoilers...how do I get one...or two?

DM me what you are curious about /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#550 20/05/2021 at 21:01

Totally’Fashion
tricole

BambiFoxx wrote

Hi all!

We are getting so near to the release of Cruel Comfort and I am super excited.

So excited that I have thrown together a little sneak peek at the ladies and gentlemen that will be joining you at the Academy. Some of them are returning students or rather Apprentices, while others as new as you... Initiates.

https://i.gyazo.com/2e7e0b80735e8cc9c21cf6aa53d997e9.png

Some damn good-looking dudes!

Pages : 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29