Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Pages : 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29

#176 17/01/2020 at 14:24

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

I know that we're not 100% finished with Zara's contest and I still owe some of you banners (sorry about that but they will be posted in the late banner shop before my next contest goes up) BUT I'm kicking around a few ideas for my next MR writing contest and I want to gauge what would pique the most interest:

Idea #1 Soap bubbles

Idea #2 Married at First sight

Idea #3 Unnamed Westward expansion

Thoughts?

#177 17/01/2020 at 14:36

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

Well... my favourites are definitely idea #2 and #3  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#178 17/01/2020 at 14:43

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx
Everything you want is on the other side of fear...

I would totally participate in each theme, so when/if you decide I would vote to see all three come to fruition at some point in the future and don't have any particular vote for the first to be presented, whichever gives you the most inspiration /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

https://i.gyazo.com/f3953cf4607d2eed4b133f2157f690cb.gif

#179 17/01/2020 at 15:17

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

All 3 contests can definitely be posted at some point. I think right now I'm most drawn to idea #2; I don't think it's something that's been done before and I think it could be really interesting for contestants to 1) be matched with a potential RI based on the profile they present, 2) have story threads that are completely independent from each other by design and 3) know going into it that the relationships aren't designed to be perfect.

#180 17/01/2020 at 19:36

Totally’Fashion
hhgurl1
Place: Portugal ♥

I actually would vote for #1 and #2 but I definitely wouldn't mind writing for a #3, just would like a little break from the period contests, with something else going on in between. Overall great ideas though!

#181 17/01/2020 at 20:47

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

hhgurl1 wrote

I actually would vote for #1 and #2 but I definitely wouldn't mind writing for a #3, just would like a little break from the period contests, with something else going on in between. Overall great ideas though!

I definitely understand wanting a break from the period contests for a bit, even with them being vastly different, for me the most difficult aspect is the limited clothing options regardless of the time period selected. I know with Zara's most recent contest it can take me forever to create a look because I want to be respectful of the period so I apologize to everyone who entered my last contest and had to create outfits for that era /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Do you have a preference between idea #1 and #2? Like I posted previously I'm currently most drawn to #2 but I won't be entering lol.

#182 17/01/2020 at 21:04

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

I am curious @ #2... will we be stuck with whoever we are matched up with through the whole contest or will there be additional extras that may potentially cause drama/chemistry divisions for our characters?

#183 17/01/2020 at 21:28

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

BambiFoxx wrote

I am curious @ #2... will we be stuck with whoever we are matched up with through the whole contest or will there be additional extras that may potentially cause drama/chemistry divisions for our characters?

For #2 I envision the rounds going like this

Round #1 Contestants introduce their characters, a bit about their relationship history, and showcase a wedding dress. At this point they can indicate if they want a male or female spouse.

Round #2 Contestants will be matched with a spouse and given some information about them, they'll also be introduced to that person's family and/or close friends and there'll be some sort of obstacle that they have to overcome.

Round #3 More information will be revealed about the spouse and based on how they dealt with the obstacle there will be either positive or negative consequences which may include the introduction of another potential romantic interest/or someone who could otherwise break up the relationship

Round #4 will mirror round 3 e.g. more information etc.

Round #5 will be decision time

TL;DR: Yes, there'll be additional extras.

#184 17/01/2020 at 21:48

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

Dare wrote

BambiFoxx wrote

For #2 I envision the rounds going like this

Round #1 Contestants introduce their characters, a bit about their relationship history, and showcase a wedding dress. At this point they can indicate if they want a male or female spouse.

Round #2 Contestants will be matched with a spouse and given some information about them, they'll also be introduced to that person's family and/or close friends and there'll be some sort of obstacle that they have to overcome.

Round #3 More information will be revealed about the spouse and based on how they dealt with the obstacle there will be either positive or negative consequences which may include the introduction of another potential romantic interest/or someone who could otherwise break up the relationship

Round #4 will mirror round 3 e.g. more information etc.

Round #5 will be decision time

TL;DR: Yes, there'll be additional extras.

Sounds fun /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#185 18/01/2020 at 00:43

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

I love all 3 ideas, but 2 definitely stands out for me (I've never even heard of the show but it sounds like an interesting contest). 1 sounds like it could be fun too though!

Also I'm real sad I was too late to joint the Tudor contest, it looks really really good. I've been reading all of the stories though, you're all such incredible writers <3

Last edited by Fashion-Chic (18/01/2020 at 18:49)

#186 18/01/2020 at 01:08

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

Sounds like #2 it is

#187 18/01/2020 at 07:35

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Late to the convo, but here I am anyways: I would love love love no. 3, but basically all three sound great /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

Looking forward to anything you host, really!

Last edited by Zaralee (18/01/2020 at 07:36)

#188 18/01/2020 at 21:51

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

For everyone interested in the "Married at First sight" contest idea would you want the option to also use your 'Nista's bf as your character?

#189 19/01/2020 at 01:35

Fashion’Chatterbox
Fashion-Chic
Place: Who knows anymore

I personally wouldn't use my boyfriend, mainly because I don't have many clothes for him, but it would be interesting to see other people using theirs

#190 19/01/2020 at 03:11

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

I actually have an intention to use my boyfriend in one of the writing contests going forward, just wasn't sure when the whim hits me.

Considered doing it with one of the tudor rounds, but I would totally do it for another... I like the idea of writing from a male perspective and want to try it out.

#191 19/01/2020 at 14:28

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

Fashion-Chic wrote

I personally wouldn't use my boyfriend, mainly because I don't have many clothes for him, but it would be interesting to see other people using theirs

I have to say I feel the same - I am ignoring this part of the game, to be honest /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

I'm here for the SW contests /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png

#192 19/01/2020 at 14:31

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

For "Married at First Sight" I'll allow the usage of the bf as an option and that way it's there if anyone wants it, but no pressure at all to use it /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#193 27/01/2020 at 05:53

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

So, I am feeling curiously inspired and I had an idea for a writing contest. Not 100% certain I have all the chops needed to steer a contest in all the right directions but I was considering a contest where it kind of time travels. From like modern society to a historical society, like in the show Outlander... where the writers (you) are transported through time where your modern knowledge, ideals & conveniences are no longer valid/available.

Does this sound like something that others would be interested in writing about/participate in?

#194 27/01/2020 at 08:30

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

I definitely would! Love the idea!

#195 27/01/2020 at 12:36

Totally’Fashion
hhgurl1
Place: Portugal ♥

Yes! Love that theme /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

#196 27/01/2020 at 12:56

Fashion’Power
schoggettchen
Place: Austria ♥

Sounds really good to me  /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/smile.png

https://i.ibb.co/Yb5vqzh/Siggy-leaf-clover.png

#197 27/01/2020 at 15:59

Totally’Fashion
Zaralee

So, lovely ladies: who is hosting what next?

Also, I've been getting some questions about Tudors coming back: when would you like to have them back?

#198 27/01/2020 at 16:26

Fashion’Chatterbox
BambiFoxx

I had gotten the feeling that Dare was starting up her "Married at First Sight" contest after the Tudor one was done. But I could be wrong... I am not sure if she has been around today or not but assume she can confirm when she does pop on....

I know I wont be anywhere near to having even an inkling on where to start with my first writing contest if I do one... I am certain it wont be for some time still...

Totally interested in whoever does one asap  /modules/forum/img/smilies/bimbo/amoureuse.gif

#199 27/01/2020 at 18:26

Fashion’Chatterbox
chayanne03
Place: Malta

First of all I really like Dare's and Bambi's contest ideas /vendor/beemoov/forum/../../../public/forum/smilies/big_smile.png I think they both sound amazing!!

I also had an idea for a story writing contest, basically it was inspired by a Spanish TV show that I really enjoyed watching called High Seas. It takes place in the 1940s on the first cruise ship heading from Spain towards Brazil so the voyage is quite long but enough for 5 rounds. There aren't exactly many activities that can happen on it but I would definitely try to make something up! The story then shifts to a mystery one with newcomers coming aboard and so.

Personally I prefer reading entries than writing as I barely ever think of creative ideas, but I loved the SW contests on MB and it's so fun to see them back!

I was wondering if maybe there would be anyone willing to give the contest a chance? Especially since the last story-writing ones were set during past centuries as well.

Last edited by chayanne03 (27/01/2020 at 18:28)

#200 27/01/2020 at 19:30

StuckOn'Fashion
Dare

First, Bambi and Chay I love both of your contest ideas and I'm down to time travel or travel the high seas in the 40s.

Second, would you guys all be open to setting up some sort of rotation for who hosts when so that we all have a chance to host and join? I think that something like that could help keep the story writing MR contests going, especially if we have alternates for when real life steps in (since it definitely does).

If no one has any objections I can get the "Married at First Sight" contest up by Wednesday of this week (and I swear I'll have the banners for my earlier contest done before this one closes; I'm dealing with the first world problem of hating the version of the editing program on my laptop).

Pages : 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29